The world through grains of sand -- Chapters 1 & 2

Printer-friendly version

Disclaimer: This is my first time actually posting a story on the internet, so be gentle with me. I'm not a native English speaker, nor do I actually speak it in my everyday life, so beware of that fact. That said, I appreciate any and all comments you have on my story. Even the bad things you have to say about it.

About the story. I have sent a mail to the MORFS site to ask for permission to use their universe and to post my story here. I haven't received any answers to that mail though. I just hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes. If I am, I apologize and I hope we can come to some kind of solution. I don't consider this story to be canon though, as I'll be taking some slight liberties with some of the universe rules. Not too many to deviate much from the other MORFS stories though.

That said, I hope you enjoy my try at writing a story and I'll see when I have my next chapter up.


Chapter 1 - Friday afternoon on the 29th of February, 2036.

“Hey mom.” I said, not very enthusiastically, as I trudged into the kitchen after having dumped my bookbag near the staircase.

“Hey handsome,” My mom said, almost making me roll my eyes. “How was school? Oh, and I thought you would go to David’s after school.”

“The usual. I’m dead tired though. I almost fell asleep during my last lesson. As for David, I didn’t feel like going over to his place. I’m not feeling too good.”

“You didn’t stay up late playing games last night, right?”

“No!” I said, mock offended. “I actually went to bed right after I said good night last night.”

“Hmmm.” Mom said as she put her hand on my forehead. “You’re running a little temperature.”

“Yeah well, I’m going to lie down on my bed. Wake me up when supper is ready.”

“Sure.” She said, as I started trudging toward my room upstairs.

Once in my room I immediately lay down on top of my bed. Not even bothering to undress, except to pull off my shoes. I was feeling pretty crappy by the time I was lying there. Much worse than I was feeling during school. Just my luck, to get sick just as the weekend was starting. It’s friday damnit. I was just hoping it isn’t MORFS.

MORFS you ask? Well maybe I should introduce myself first. My name is Aiden, Aiden Sampsa, 15 years old and I live with my 9 years old brother Seth and parents in Mountain View, which is part of the area usually called Silicon Valley. My dad actually works for one of the high tech companies here. As for my mom, she teaches English at a local high school here. Not the high school I’m going to, thankfully.

I’m roughly 5’9” tall, with blue eyes and dark blonde hair. I have the blue eyes from my mom and my dad told me he had the same hair color as me around my age. Both my parents are brunettes though, so my hair will probably darken over time as well. I’m somewhat slender in build, with enough muscles to do reasonably well in sports. I play tennis a couple of times a week actually, a sport I was introduced to by my mom and we actually play against each other when we feel like it.

As for MORFS. It’s a disease, or syndrome to be a little more accurate. It stands for Massive Ontogenetic Regulation Failure Syndrome. That’s just a lot of mumbo jumbo of course. What it does though is to literally morfs you if you go through it, which is usually around someone’s puberty. The short and very simplified explanation is that MORFS started out as a virus created by a bunch of terrorist just after the turn of the century, which is around 30 years ago. It initially didn’t seem to do much. It infected a lot of people, but the consequences seemed minor. That changed the second time someone who is going through puberty catches the virus. Then it can really mess with your DNA and it changes you. That’s why, every time someone get sick during their puberty, that someone should seriously worry.

Well guess what. I’m starting to feel sick and I’m 15 years old, right in the middle of puberty. Actually, there have been cases of people going through MORFS as early as 8 years old and as late as their late twenties. I’m just hoping my slight fever and starting headache is just a flu or something. I mean, only 50 percent of all people go through MORFS, so there is a 50 percent chance I’m going to be fine. I don’t worry about all that for too long. I eventually fall asleep.

“Aiden! Food’s ready!” I heard my little brother yell as he jumped on my bed, waking me up instantly.

“Chill out Seth, I’m not feeling so well,” I mumbled at him with a grimace on my face. “and yeah, I’ll come.”

“Oh sorry. But mom said to wake you up for supper.” Seth said, as he walked out of my room. I like my little brother, who looks quite a bit like me just with lighter blond hair and brown eyes, but he can be annoying.

The idea of food isn’t very appealing at the moment, as my stomach feels like it’s flipped upside down. I’m not going to get any better without any food in me though, so I come out of bed anyway and follow my little brother downstair.

“Feeling any better?” My mom asked me as I come into the kitchen and start to wash my hands.

“Not really no. I’m going to try and eat something anyway.” I said after I took place at the dining table. We were eating Chili con Carne though, something I always liked. It just didn’t seem too appealing to my right now.

“Not feeling too well, son?” My dad asked me.

“No dad. It started at the end of the school day. Just my luck to get sick at the start of the weekend. I was looking forward to it too. I just hope it’ll be over soon.”

“I hope so too son. We’ll have to check for MORFS I’m afraid. Could never hurt to be sure.” My dad said, looking pretty concerned for me.

I guess I must be looking worse than I thought if my father is that concerned about me, although I could understand his concern regarding MORFS. The idea of going through MORFS is can be quite frightening. You could hit the jackpot and turn into a total babe magnet or hit the opposite end of the spectrum. Or even worse, depending on your viewpoint, getting turned into a hybrid. That’s when you end up with animal traits. I have nothing against hybrids, but I’m not really looking forward to being one myself.

Diner itself was pretty uneventful. We all talked a bit about what our day was like and stuff. Me, I was a little too preoccupied with worrying about having MORFS or not and I wasn’t feeling too well. I didn’t really eat much either, not even my dessert seemed appealing to me and we always had a somewhat special dessert on friday after supper to celebrate the weekend. Today it was chocolate pudding with mini marshmallows.

“Mom, I’ll head back to bed.” I said, while holding my stomach and getting up. I had a major stomach ache, but I didn’t want to complain. They knew I wasn’t feeling too well.

“Alright. I’ll be right up with a MORFS test kit. Just get comfortable while I look for it.” My mom said while dad had started clearing the table.

By the time I had reached my bed, I had to get to the bathroom. And fast! So fast, that I barely made it in time. I almost soiled my pants. I was having an awful case of diarrhea. It’s never been as bad as this, and the smell. Brutally atrocious. So bad that I had to struggle not to puke. By the time my rear end was done, I couldn’t hold it in at the front anymore and quickly turned around to puke out the little I had just eaten. That’s how my mom found me in the bathroom, with my head hanging over the toilet heaving my guts out and my rear still dirty because I haven’t had the time to clean it yet. Must have been quite the sight if you ask me, but at that moment I was feeling too sick to care.

“Oh god, Aiden.” My mom said, sounding nasal from holding her nose to not have to endure the smell. “It’s never smelled this bad in my house before.”

“Gee, thanks mom.” I mumbled.

After that, my mom luckily helped to clean me up. I was feeling so weak that I didn’t even really complain about her help. Luckily I had pretty good aim, so the bathroom didn’t need to be cleaned. It could use some fresh air though.

Not long after the bathroom scene I was back in bed. Actually feeling a little better, though still weak. My mom had a little MORFS testing kit with her, so I guess this was the moment of truth.

“Alright, hold out your finger.” My mom said. Which I did, after which she put my finger on the little box that was the MORFS testing kit. The box pricked my finger, drawing a little blood, and analyzed that in a couple of seconds, after which a little light on the side turned green. That made me hope all would be right with the world.

“Well sorry Aiden, but I think you have MORFS.” My mom said, crushing my hope.

“Eh, y-you sure mom? Shouldn’t the green light mean that I don’t have MORFS?” I asked hopefully.

“Sorry, but no. Green means it verified that you have MORFS.” Which made me groan. Green always meant that things were ‘alright’ in my mind, not the other way around. I ought to sue the people that came up with this testing kit. Ah, maybe I’m being a little over dramatic with that last part.

“Well. I guess you better get fully dressed and to put on your shoes.” My mom said.

“Why? Shouldn’t I be staying in bed now and get those MORFS energy medicine bar thingies?”

“No, first you need to go to the doctor with me. We can’t get the prescription for those medicines without getting you tested at the doctor first. So, come up and get ready to get in the car.”

And that’s what I did. Luckily I wasn’t feeling quite so weak as I did right after toilet bowl scene. On my way to the front door I heard my mom telling my dad what was up, but I wasn’t really paying attention. It wasn’t much later and I was sitting in the passenger seat of the car and mom was driving me to our general practitioner.

During the ride mom told me that she had called while I was getting ready to make sure our GP was able to see me on such short notice. That’s why when we got there we didn’t have to wait either. Our GP was a pretty kind woman somewhere in her fifties that didn’t mind showing she had gray hair.

The appointment itself wasn’t anything special to talk about. I had my vitals taken and she drew some of my blood for another test to verify I had MORFS. Which I had, unfortunately. After that I got some extra information about what going through MORFS would mean and everything. Most of that I had learned at school though. What it boiled down to was that if I took the medicines I’d be sick for roughly 3 days, maybe shorter maybe longer, but up to a week at most. During that time I would mostly be asleep. Over the course of those days my body may go through some extensive changes though.

During the ride to the pharmacy and the ride home after that mom was mostly silent. I didn’t mind that. I wasn’t in the mood for conversation and I was mostly wondering about what kinds of changes I may go through. To be honest though, I was reasonably happy with who I was and I wasn’t looking forward to any changes.

The thing that bothered me most was that there was no way to know how you turn out. That made me think of all the worst case scenarios I could come up with. I didn’t fancy being a full squirrel hybrid with a large bushy tail for example. I had even heard of some very rare cases where people were so fully hybridized that they end up with a lot of that animal’s behaviour. Luckily, that’s a very very extreme case, but you never know. Another one is people that change gender through MORFS. The so called twisties.

That made me hope for something minor, or maybe even getting lucky and turning into a total babe-magnet or something. Or maybe I get some amazing super power, like telekinesis or something. That would be pretty cool too. I mean, what 15 year old boy wouldn’t want to have super powers? That is, unless you end up hurting the people close to you with them. I’ve heard of fire elementals with such poor control that they ended up burning their own friends and family. I guess I was just hoping to end up with something minor, like only getting blue hair or something.

By now we had reached the house and I took off towards my room without bothering to say that we were back. My mom could take care of that. I wasn’t really looking forward to being sick for 3 days with the potential to up as a different person. That thought made me me a slightly grumpy person and I was already feeling pretty sick. My mom came into my room by the time I had stripped out of my clothes, put on a comfortable t-shirt and climbed into bed. My dad followed a little later.

“You know that no matter what you’ll end up looking like, we’ll always love you, Aiden.” My mom said as she set down my medicines and everything on my nightstand. I wanted to roll my eyes out of reflex at her comment though. I wasn’t such a sappy person. This time I appreciated it though and smiled at my mom for it.

“You better believe it son.” My dad said. I guess he caught my almost eye roll. “We’ll love you no matter what.”

“I know dad. And thanks.”

“Now, I got you the energy drinks. Those seemed a little easier to work with than the energy bars is what I thought. Just drink a whole bottle and take one of those sleeping pills and you should be out of it for roughly 8 hours or so. When you wake up, go-”

“I know how it works mom.” I said, interrupting my mom. “We’ve heard all about it at school and I have heard some friends of mine talk about how they went through MORFS.”

“Oh. Well, here” My mom said as she handed me a pill and a bottle. “take these and I guess that’s good night then.”

“Goodnight mom.” I said as I gave her a kiss on her cheek.

“Goodnight son.”

“Goodnight dad.” I said, after which I took the pill and chugged down the bottle, which tasted awful. Made me wonder why they couldn’t give it some decent taste.

“We love you.” My mom said, after she had closed the curtain and turned down the lights. My parents closed the door behind them moments later. It didn’t take me much longer to fall asleep.


Chapter 2 - Changing.

I woke at roughly 5 in the morning, feeling like shit. I didn’t linger on it too long, as I had to go for a number 2 really really badly. Luckily I got there in time, but I sure had to dump a lot. It made me wonder where it came from, as I’m not sure I had anything left in there after last night’s episode. I didn’t ponder about it too much. I took care of business, washed my hands and went back to bed. It was too early in the morning for serious thinking and I was feeling like crap anyway. I fell asleep moments later, after having taken another sleeping pill and chugged down a bottle of that energy drink, which tasted nasty.

This time it was light when I woke up. Relatively light at least, as my curtains were closed. The clock on the wall said it was a little before 2 PM. I wasn’t feeling like it was early afternoon though. I was feeling dead tired, with a headache and aching all over. My body also made it apparent that I needed another trip to the bathroom though and I could use a serious shower. I felt like I hadn’t had one in ages and I smelled bad.

Getting out of bed and towards the bathroom was quite a chore as I was also feeling pretty weak. I took care of business though and took a quick shower. I wasn’t paying much attention to everything though. After drying myself off, I noticed I had black hair growing from underneath my normal blonde hair when I took a quick peek in the mirror. That made me take a closer look at myself, to see if I could detect any more changes. Nothing really stood out though. If there were any changes, then they were too subtle for me to see. Except for the black hair though, as it was odd to see.

After being done in the bathroom, I trudged back into my room, where my mom was busy putting clean sheets on my bed. I wasn’t used to her doing that for me and it was a little embarrassing to walk into your room naked while your mom is there. Oh well, I just paid the fact that I was naked no mind and pretended it was the most ordinary thing in the world. I was feeling too ‘meh’ to care anyway. My mom apparently did the same, as she didn’t say anything about it at least. She had probably seen me naked enough times when I was little anyway.

Not much later I was lying in bed again, with a clean pair of underwear, a clean shirt and enjoying the smell of clean sheets. At least, these smelled reasonably nice.

“Thanks mom, for the clean sheets.”

“You’re welcome. Now, how are you feeling?” My mom asked.

“What do you think mom? Like crap. I have a headache, I feel weak and tired and I’m aching all over, even my bones seem to ache. But thanks for asking.” I said with a slight smile on my face. Only a slight one, given how I felt.

“Ah well, you still have quite a couple of days of feeling ‘like crap’, according to the doctor.” My mom said, and I swear I could even hear those quotes.

“I know mom.”

“Now take your medicine and get some sleep.”

“Yeah mom. I know the drill.” I said, after which I took another pill and chugged down another one of those horrible bottles.

“Alright. I love you Aiden. Sleep tight.” My mom said, after which she closed the door behind her. I was asleep again moments later, thankfully.

This time when I woke up it was dark in my room. I still felt awful though, maybe even worse than I did the last time I woke up. I quickly got out of bed though, as I needed to go to the bathroom. Again for a number 2. I kept wondering where it all came from. I didn’t linger in the bathroom for long and I was back in bed less than 5 minutes after coming out it. Not much later I was back asleep, after having taking another pill and one of those bottles.

It was again dark when I woke up and I was still feeling like shit. I also felt like I could use another shower and I had to go to the bathroom again. On my way to the bathroom I noticed that my hair was longer, now reaching over my ears and I could feel my hair tickling on my neck. Other things I noticed where they way my shirt and boxer shorts felt. My shirt seemed to be a little larger than I remembered it to be, but my underwear seemed to be the opposite. Another thing was that my chest felt odd. I would check that later though, as I quickly made my way to the toilet. I was still having a bad case of diarrhea.

Once I was sitting on the toilet and doing the deed, I noticed that my dick seems to have shrunk. I hadn’t a clue about whether I ever was above average or anything. I mean, I never really looked at other dicks, as looking at my own grossed me out enough as it is. I did know that it was currently smaller than it used to be, which gave me cause for concern. Especially after I had to move the hair out of my face as I looked back up again. All the things I seemed to be noticing weren’t leading to a very nice conclusion, but I would reserve any final conclusions for later.

After being done on the toilet I quickly undressed and took a proper look in the mirror. There is became a bit more obvious what was going on. My hips seemed to be a tad wider than they used to be, which explained why my underwear felt odd, and I had the definite signs of breast growth on my chest. Or at least, I assumed it was breast growth. My face seemed to soften up in certain ways, become more feminine you could say. My hair was longer than it has ever been, although it looked a little odd, with the first three quarters of my hair being black and the rest being dark blonde. Or, now that I looked closer, my new hair wasn’t black but a very very dark brown.

Upon seeing myself in the mirror it was hard to deny that I was turning into a girl. Or, at least in the process of turning into a girl. You never know with MORFS, as I might just get stuck in a state halfway between a boy and a girl or something. I wasn’t so sure how to feel about that though. I guess for now I didn’t care too much. I cared more about not feeling as crap as I was feeling right then and there.

With that thought I quickly turned on the shower and got in. Even showering was a slightly different experience, as my skin seemed to be slightly more sensitive. It was pretty subtle though, except for my chest. After having washed myself properly I quickly dried off, where I again had to mind my chest. Being done with that I quickly returned to my room, where I again stumbled on my mom in her bathrobe, while I was naked. This time she did take note of the fact that I was naked though.

“A-are those breasts you’re forming, Aiden?” My mom asked, seeming to be pretty surprised by that revelation.

“I eh, I think I am mom.” I said, obviously embarrassed by the topic and I quickly covered my chest with my hands. “It’s not the only thing that’s changing mom. I think I have slightly wider hips as well, my dick is shrinking and my face seems to be changing as well.”

“Hmm. I can see that yeah. It’s pretty obvious when you look for it. Gosh, it seems like you’re changing into a girl.” My mom said in astonishment.

“I guess I am mom.” I said slightly morose.

“Well, wow. I never even thought about the possibility that you might change gender. I was mentally preparing myself for all sorts of outcomes, but not for a change in gender. How are you feeling about it, Aiden?” My mom said, looking very concerned.

“I don’t know mom. I honestly don’t know how or what I should be feeling about it. Besides, I’m not done changing mom. I might not even fully change into a girl or something and at the moment I’m feeling too crap to care. I still hurt all over and I just want to go back to bed.” I said, after which I started putting on another pair of clean underwear and a clean shirt. They were both not fitting quite right anymore. The shirt was definitely a little big now and it felt odd to have it rub my nipples.

“Right right. I just changed the sheets on your bed. Now take your medicine and get some more sleep.” My mom said as I climbed back in bed.

“Yeah mom, and sorry for waking you up.” I said, after I saw that it was around 7 in the morning on a sunday.

“That’s alright. Rest well, love you.” My mom said, after which she left the room.

That made me wonder though, as we never said ‘I love you’ to each other as much as I’ve heard it this weekend. I guess they are more concerned than they let on. They probably had reason enough to worry about me, as a very small percentage doesn’t survive going through MORFS. Another reason is of course that they are afraid of me not coping well with the change. Oh well, I’m not going to worry about it too much right now. That’s why I quickly took another one of those pills and downed another bottle of that nasty energy drink. It wasn’t much later and again blissfully unaware of my aching body.

This time it was light again when I woke up. Or it was at least light outside. My curtains were closed, so my room was still pretty dark. I made a quick, for me at least, trip to the bathroom where I had to use the toilet again. On the way I again noticed the slight changes to my body, but I paid it little mind. I wanted to get things over with, so I didn’t linger long and went right back to bed. There I took another hit of my ‘medicine’, nasty stuff, and fell asleep almost right after.

The next time I woke up it was dark again outside, and god was I feeling tired, sore and achy all over. I had to go to the bathroom, but I didn’t really feel like going out of bed. I went anyway. I didn’t really look forward to wetting my bed, or even worse, soiling my underwear.

Speaking of underwear. Mine were starting to feel a little tight. They were never the largest, but now they were getting pretty tight around my butt. Not uncomfortably so, yet. That wasn’t the only change to my body, but as I said, I was feeling too tired, sore, feverish and achy to really care.

I quickly did my business on the toilet. I debated taking a shower, I could definitely use one, but I wasn’t feeling up to it. That’s why I just went back to bed after I was done. Before I crawled back in, I pulled off my underwear, which was definitely a good idea as this felt a lot less restricting in a way. I just wasn’t used to tight clothes I guess, but I don’t think they intend for the elastic to dig into your skin like that. After that I chugged down another bottle.

“Probably the worst way to spend your weekend.” Is what I mumbled to myself right before I dozed off again.

The next morning I woke up because someone opened my bedroom door, making my room light up because of all the light spilling in. That make me look up at who was there.

“Oh hey son.” My dad said, answering that mystery. “Didn’t mean to wake you up. Just wanted to see how you were doing.”

“S’okey,” I grumbled, after which I cleared my voice. “Physically I....wow, different voice.” Which it was. It was quite a bit higher than it used to be. I could probably not even try to pretend to be a guy over the phone with this voice. My dad seemed to be as surprised as me. I guess I should have seen it coming, or heard more likely.

“Anyway, to put it bluntly,” I continued. “I feel like shit. Uh, pardon the french dad. I’m feverish, dead tired and I’m sore and I ache all over. Man, this new voice is going to take some getting used to.” I said that last part in semi wonder.

“Well yeah, I gathered that you weren’t feeling too well physically. I mainly came into your room to see how your change was coming along before I head off to work. Don’t worry, your mom will be home today. Now that I’m asking anyway though, how are you taking things thus far mentally?”

“I don’t know yet, honestly. For now I care more about feeling better than what I look like or what I am or something. I don’t seem to be bothered much by my changes thus far actually. We’ll see if that holds up after this is over.” I answered, while I paid more attention to my voice than I normally would. It’s definitely weird to wake up with a different voice like that.

“Hmm, yeah I can see that. Very mature way of looking at it too. You know that we’ll love you, whatever the outcome of your bout with MORFS right?” My dad asked.

“I know dad. I love you guys too.” I said, almost getting emotional about it too. Geez, we never really say ‘I love you’ against each other. I hear my mom or dad say it to each other once in a while, when they think we’re not paying attention, but not openly to me or Seth like this. It does actually feel kind of good to be told though, makes it more obvious that you’re loved. It was always just an unspoken assumption, but I can live with this too. I guess getting turned into a girl is making me emotional or something. Ah well, I wasn’t going to ponder about that for too long. Beside, dad had to go to work and I really needed to go to the bathroom.

“Well, I’ll be off to work now. I’ll probably check up on you when I get back, but you’ll probably be asleep. Now, get well soon, son. Ah, I guess this will be the last time I can call you that actually. Now, bye and I love you.” My dad said in one big rush. I guess he was running late. I didn’t mind though, I had to go and quickly.

“Bye and have fun.” I said. I didn’t want to comment on what he said about not being able to call me his son anymore. It made me feel kind of sad for him, as he was in essence losing a son. Dad didn’t really give me the chance to say anything about it anyway, as he closed my door almost right away.

On my way to the bathroom I noticed that my breasts had really started to bloom. It was quite an odd sensation to have my shirt rub against my nipples now. I was in too much of a rush and I wasn’t feeling well enough to really pay attention to it though. My shirt also made it obvious that I had shrunk quite a bit too, as my shirt was not a bit too large for my frame. That did help cover me up a little, as I wasn’t wearing any underwear.

Once on the toilet, things didn’t go quite as I expected them to. It was mainly the peeing that was different. By now my penis had shrunk so much, I wasn’t really sure if I could still even call it a penis and my balls were gone as well. Another thing was that my pee didn’t come out of the tip of my penis anymore, or the tip of what was left of my penis to be more precise. It was all very weird. In many ways peeing felt the same, except that I seemed to be making quite a mess of myself down there, as my pee came out of a hole somewhere below what was left of junior. Yuk. Now I definitely wanted a shower.

That’s also what I did, after I was done taking a dump and wiping everything properly. On my way to the shower I pulled off my shirt and dumped it in the laundry basket. That made me look at myself when I passed the mirror though. Once I saw myself there I was quite astounded by what I saw. It it weren’t for the small remnant of my dick, I’d never even be recognised as a guy. Not in a million years. I wasn’t earth shatteringly beautiful, not that, but I was definitely all girl now and quite pretty too, if I do say so myself. I didn’t stare too long though, as I could smell myself and that sure wasn’t pretty. It was actually pretty bad.

The shower experience was slightly different from what I was used to as a boy. I was too tired to really be able to really experience it. From what little I felt though, I think I’ll like taking showers in this body a little more than I did as a guy. I quickly washed myself, even using a some of that shower gel to get rid of the smell, after which came drying myself. There my hair was a real bother. It’s now reaching to somewhere a little below my shoulders, not even that long in other words, but it already made me wonder how other people with long hair dealt with it. I couldn’t be bothered to deal with it though, so I just dried it as best as I could with my towel and left it at that.

On my way to my room I again made a little stop at the mirror to take a look at myself. I was actually a little weirded out by what I was seeing in the mirror. It wasn’t so much that I was a girl, I found that I didn’t actually seem to mind that much that I was almost a girl. That thought did weird me out though, as I used to be reasonably happy as a guy. The thing that was weirdest though was that I was feeling a little like an alien in my own body. Even if that body had some clear family resemblance. I could definitely have been my sister, except for probably the, almost, black hair color.

The me in the mirror had a rounder face than I used to have, with more feminine features and a smaller nose and fuller lips. Still the same blue eyes though, although they seemed to be slightly larger than they used to be. That’s probably a slight illusion though, as I don’t think my actual eyes have changed in size. My hair was a wet mess and looked odd with the dark blonde locks at the end of the black tresses. My body was definitely a girls body too, with the wider hips and the now reasonably sized, pretty perky, breasts. Somewhere along my change, my body seems to have lost all its body hair as well, although I seem to be growing a slight patch of black hair right above my privates.

Ah well. I was still sore, tired, feverish and achy and standing in front of the mirror wasn’t helping me get any better. That’s why I didn’t linger too long and went on to my room. There I again stumbled upon my mom and I was again naked. I shouldn’t make a habit of that. I was used to having my room and the bathroom to myself. That’s why I didn’t have to worry about being naked when I went from my bathroom to my room. My mom can’t help but want to change my sheets sheets though when I’m sick and sweating awfully.

“I, uh, I don’t think you should make it a habit of running around naked, Aiden.” My mom said, after she got over her surprise. I didn’t bother covering up though, I just went to my closet to pick a clean shirt.

“It’s already a habit mom. There is usually no one else in my room or bathroom when I do my morning or evening ritual, so there was never any need to be bothered with clothes.” I said, after I had pulled on a shirt. A shirt that used to be pretty big on me, but was now positively large. I didn’t bother with underwear though.

“Yeah well, once you’re a girl, or actually you’re pretty much a girl already, you probably shouldn’t be going around naked like that anymore.” My mom said.

“Sure...” I said, but what I really wanted to say was ‘Why not?’. I didn’t see the problem. I was too tired to argue about it though. I just went back to bed to get things over with. I sure hope that it won’t take much longer before I’m done.

“Oh, I already called your school, to tell you that you’re sick from going through MORFS.” Mom said.

“To be honest, I’d rather feel fine and go to school on a monday morning than to feel as lousy as I do now.” I said, which made my mom smile, although she tried to hide it.

“Now, take your energy drink and a pill and you should be feeling fine in no time.”

“I know the drill mom, and yeah I sure hope I’ll be better soon.” I said, after which I did just as mom had told me to. I was out like a light before mom had even left my room.

The next time I woke up I still hurt all over, but now my eyes were hurting pretty bad too. It was a dull kind of ache, a bit like how they ache when you have a severe lack of sleep and you try to get to sleep. Just much worse than that. It also seemed to give me a slightly worse headache than I had the last time I woke up.

In the hope that my eyes were getting a drastic improvement, in the form of some kind of super vision or something, I took a look around my room. It wasn’t what I had hope for though, more like the opposite. It wasn’t very light in my room, given that my curtains were closed, but despite that it was obvious that everything seemed to be a little duller, more vague and a little cloudy. Not a good sign in my book. I had a call of nature to act on though, so I didn’t linger on it too long, again, and went to the bathroom to take care of business.

On my way to the toilet and once on the toilet I was again confronted with my changing body. The different hips and the weight on my chest, or they way my shirt rubbed against my nipples for example. Another thing was the peeing. Peeing was less messy than it was last time and my penis was pretty much nonexistent now. There was also an opening forming roughly below or maybe more like at the place where my ball sack used to be. Yeah, my ball sack had disappeared as well. I didn’t quite look like a girl down there, but it was close, or at least from what I had seen in pictures. Yeah, I had never seen a girl naked before, sue me. It was a little depressing to know that the first naked girl I’d be seeing would probably be me. Oh well.

After wiping, both the front and the back as I had to take another, rather watery, dump, I was done on the toilet and went to wash my hands. And yes, I wiped my front from front to back, the other way around seemed gross. I mean, just think of all the, uh, shit you’d be smearing over your private area.

Anyway, when washing my hands I took another look in the mirror, hard not to with the mirror above the sink, and noticed that my eyes seemed to be clouding over. My pupil was was clouding over to be more precise. I actually had to look a little closer too, as my vision wasn’t what it used to be before I just woke up. My iris was still just as blue as it used to be, maybe just a slight shade lighter. It was my pupil that was worrying me as. I don’t think it’s a good sign when your pupil starts to turn opaque. I was really really hoping that it wouldn’t stay that way permanently.

The rest of me doesn’t seem to have changed that much since the last time I looked. My hair was a smidge longer, if my eyes aren’t deceiving me. Ah, unlucky choice of wording. After my staring contest with myself I went back to bed. Luckily there was no one in my room this time, so I could quickly climb in, take another hit of nasty stuff and doze off.

It was very dark in my room the next time I woke up. Much darker than was usual. Even though it was probably night time right now, I should still be able to see at least something.

“Lights” I said, after which the lights in my room turned on. God, was I glad my dad was big on home automation. Probably comes with working in the technology industry.

The lights in my room didn’t give entirely the desired result though. I could see that the lights were one and I could make out where everything roughly was in my room, but not much more than that. Even seeing how many fingers I was holding up proved to be a challenge. Definitely not what I had hoped for after the last time I woke up. This was so not looking good.

I had to go to the bathroom though, again, so that’s what I did. Luckily, or unluckily, my vision was just barely good enough to make out where I was going. Once in the bathroom I took care of business. There I noticed that my boy bits are now pretty much completely girl bits as far as I could see. A doctor might not agree, but from my perspective I was looking at a fully formed vagina. At least, if my poor eyesight wasn’t deceiving me. It was definitely weird. Or more like Weird with a capital ‘W’. It’s that I had seen the change happen over a couple of days, but otherwise it wouldn’t have even believed it.

Once done, I wiped and then washed my hands. There I took another look at the mirror, or at least I tried to, but it was hard to pick out any details. I had to put my face really really close to the mirror to be able to see what my face really looked like with any appreciable detail. There I saw that my eyes have clouded over even more. Something I was definitely not happy about. I was really crossing my fingers in hope that it would clear up before I was done. I wasn’t looking forward to any surgery they might need to do to fix my eyes.

Because I was still feeling as awful as ever I again didn’t linger for very long. It wouldn’t do me much good to linger anyway. That’s why I went back to my room as quickly as I could, given my poor eyesight. Luckily there isn’t much in the way between the bathroom sink and my bed, just a door.

Once in my room I was met by someone. I think it’s my mom given the size and shape of that person. Yeah, definitely my mom, who has probably heard me going to the bathroom. Sometimes I fear that nothing escapes that woman’s attention.

“Hey, how are you feeling Aiden?” My mom asked, which was also more definite confirmation that it was my mom.

“Still awful. The worst thing is my eyes though. Not so much how they feel, even though they hurt pretty bad, but more that I can barely see anything.” I said, as climbed into my bed.

“Oh, that doesn’t sound good. It looks a bit like a bad case of cataract.” My mom said, sounding very concerned, after she had come closer to take a better look. “I’m not sure though, as I’ve never really seen anyone with a case of cataract before. I’ve never heard of anyone ending up with any form of ailment after they come out of MORFS though.”

“Yeah, me neither. As far as I know everyone ends up as fit as a fiddle once they’re done changing.”

“Then I guess we can hope it’ll go over before you’re done.”

“I hope so mom.” I sure hope so, I thought. I was fearing the worst though.

“Now, it can’t be much longer before you’re done. It’s already been 3 days as it is.”

“I hope it won’t take much longer, as it sure seems like it’s been much longer than 3 days for me in some ways. Even if I’ve been asleep for most of the time.”

“Well, take your medicine and get better soon I’d say. And good night sweetie, I love you.” My mom said.

‘Sweetie?’ I thought to myself. Can’t remember I’ve ever been called that in the last 5 years or so. And again she comes with the ‘I love you’, though I can’t see much wrong with it. I kind of like hearing her say that in a way. Makes me feel reassured that despite the fact that I’m turning into a girl, my parents will still be there for me. I’ve heard enough stories were the parents just aren’t there for their kids once they go through any severe changes because of MORFS. Not from any of my friends luckily.

“Good night mom.” I said, before I would drift off too far with my thoughts. After that I took another pill and gulped down another bottle. I was actually having a hard time with drinking it all right now. It was a pretty big bottle though.

“What time is it actually?” I asked mom.

“A little after half past eleven.” My mom said.

“Hmm, ok.” I mumbled, after which I fell asleep. I guess my mom left a little after that, but I wouldn’t know. I was fast asleep.

up
134 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A quick word from the writer.

Thanks for even reading my attempt at a story. It's greatly appreciated and I'd very much like to know what you think of have to say about it.

As I said, English is not my native tongue, but that doesn't excuse me of poor use of language in my book. That's why I would really appreciate it if I'm doing something wrong grammatically or spelling wise, or if I am just using a poor or the wrong choice of words.

I also said this is my first time posting a story on the internet. This is not my first time at attempting to write a story though. That story may turn up somewhere in the distant future probably and is based on a somewhat similar concept as Penny Lane's 'Somewhere Else Entirely'. I had a hard time with that story though and I've many many other story ideas that I also want to try. Even some that I've also started on. In the end it's also all good practice of course. That's why I would also very much like comments on my writing style or anything else to improve my writing. I would like to be able to say that every new story I write is a little better than the previous one. To do that, I need input from you guys.

Thanks in advance for any comments and for reading my story.

Mazzel, Angarato.

English

You're doing a better job than a lot of native speakers that I know.

MORFS Universe

Your English is better than that of many native speakers who have posted stories online. I haven't read much of your story yet, but a few points about the universe you should know:

The "home page" for the MORFS universe is http://morfs.nowhere2go.org/ and most of the information you would need or want is available through there. The universe rules and the wiki are particularly useful. The forum there was - and will be - very useful as well, but the old forum contents were wiped out by a cloud crash and the pickings are a little slim at the moment. The forum is especially useful for asking questions of the existing MORFS authors (including me) and getting reviews of your chapters for possible problems.

The universe is "open", but with restrictions. Primarily, you need to follow the rules, don't break canon, and publish the story on the home page before doing so anywhere else. All that is not really as bad as it sounds.

I will send you some technical comments after I finish reading what you have posted. This comment section is not really the place for that.

Keep writing!

Jorey
.

Good Work.

English may not be a tongue that you speak, but you certainly do write well. I am enjoying this story quite a lot.

Thank You,
Joani

Thanks.

Thanks for your comment. Much appreciated :D.

Mazzel,

Angarato

MORFS, eh!

I like the story so far and hope you will be posting more chapters quickly. As for your use of English... excellent. The few 'errors' that I did notice were minor and were more likely 'typos' rather than improper grammar.

For instance, where Mom said " I thought you would go to David after school" I would have written " I thought you would go to David's after school". Without the 's David could be a place or a person. Using the 's I would have assumed you meant 'Davids place' as in 'David is a person and has a place that you go to'. Two sentences later you cleared it up by letting us know David is a person and has a place... "As for David, I didn’t feel like going over to his place".

One other instance that I noticed was ""That’s alright. Rest well and love you.” My mom said, after which she left the room." I, being old and having had grammar and punctuation beaten into me half a century ago, would have put an "I" in front of 'love you'. "“That’s alright. Rest well and I love you.” My mom said, after which she left the room."

If English isn't your first language, then congratulations, you have mastered a second language better than many native English speakers.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Brute

Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue

Thanks a lot

Thanks for you comment. I guess I learned something new again :D.

I agree that it would have been better if I had written David's with an apostrophe-s. I'll probably fix that when I upload the next chapter. As for the "Rest well and love you." part, that was actually done this way deliberately. It's mainly from a difference in the spoken and the written language. It was mainly meant in the same way people sometimes just say "Love you." to each other, instead of "I love you."

As for when I'll upload the next chapter, I'm not going to make any promises. I'm currently working on it actually. I'm at almost 4000 words and not even close to done with it. I'll probably upload it once I'm done with chapter 4 anyway, as I like the idea of having some backlog. Makes it easier to still change something a little if there is a need to for the next chapter. I hope to upload it the next weekend, maybe even a little earlier, but no promises.

Mazzel,

Angarato

Independant Clauses

Angarato, about the "Rest well and love you." thing... yup, many people just say 'love you'. It's perfectly proper. The reason I added an "I" was to try separating the two independent clauses in the sentence that had been joined by the word 'and'. In the sentence the first clause is 'rest well'. Second clause is 'love you'. Using 'and' between the clauses can be construed as linking the clauses together. (I'm probably not explaining this very well.) A better way to write that sentence would be to use a comma in place of the word and. If mom had said "Rest well, love you." she would have conveyed two separate things in the one sentence because the comma is like a short pause in speech, separating the thoughts.

Wow, you're making me use my head for something besides a place to hang a hat! grin

BTW, earlier is better! Much much better!

Brute

Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue

I see what you mean *rubs chin in contemplation*

Hmm, I see. Yeah, I agree with you, that actually does seem better than the way I did it. It seems a bit more natural, the way you propose with a comma. Damn, you should write my story instead :P.

Earlier huh? Har har, now I'll just wait extra long to tease you :P. Nah, I'll post it when it's done, but I'm not a very fast writer. I think I average around 1000 words in an hour when I'm writing a story.

Thanks again for your input.

Mazzel,

Angarato

This is a pretty good start.

I'll be watching to see how this goes.

If, as you state, English is not your native language, let me compliment you. You write much better in my native language than I'm certain I could write in yours, whatever it may be.

As I said, a nice start. Keep up the good work, and welcome to the Cadre of writers here at Top Shelf.

Hugs and love,
Catherine Linda Michel

As a T-woman, I do have a Y chromosome... it's just in cursive, pink script. Y_0.jpg

Thanks

Thanks for the support.

By the way, my native language is Dutch, for those that would like to know. It also brings with it another dilemma. I don't live in the US, so there are many things I'm not familiar with. Even your school system is different from mine here. I just hope I do it justice. That said, the story takes place in 2036, so I can be excused for not being representative of current day California (where the story takes place).

Hugs and mazzel,

Angarato

Please continue this interesting story

English wasn't Joseph Conrad's native language either; but it didn't stop him from becoming a great novelist. Keep writing and I'll keep reading.

I am wondering if Aiden will develope other senses to help compensate for her lost vision? Also, will Aiden keep her name or chose a new one?

_Bev_

Thanks

Thanks for your comment and yes, I'll at least try :D.

All I can say is: "We'll see, we'll see." :P :D.

Mazzel,

Angarato

Good start

very good start waiting to see what happens with her eyes and to see what powers she has when done.

Randi

Randi

Also thanks for your comment :D

All these comments sure give me extra motivation to work extra hard on the next chapters.

And yes, she'll have powers. What they are will take a little time before we find out and even then it'll take quite a while for her to fully master them. Just be patient I guess ;D.

Mazzel,

Angarato

I LIKED IT

Very good!

Words may be false and full of art;
Sighs are the natural language of the heart.
-Thomas Shadwell

Thanks

Thanks for reading :D

Mazzel,

Angarato

Thanks

Thanks for reading and for your comment. As for where this story'll go, we'll see :D. Maybe a life of debauchery and drugs is in the pipeline for our budding protagonist? Nah, just kidding.

Mazzel,

Angarato

Love this...

Good work looking forward to the next part. Its funny about they eyes, as a kid I had dreams that my blue eyes turned purple...
Love and Hugs Hanna

Love And Hugs Hanna
((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))((((((((♥)))))))
Blessed Be
2889.jpg

LOL

You had funny dreams as a kid :D. I can't remember too much from my dreams from when I was a kid, except wanting to be able to fly. I do vividly remember looking out of the classroom in elementary school, looking at the Jackdaw birds outside and wishing I was one of them. Their life seemed so simple and carefree. Then of course was also the fact that they flew. Later on when daydreaming though, I usually thought of funny ways to outsmart the bullies, although they did often involve some sort of super powers to spice things of a little. Ah, I'm running off on a bit of a tangent here though :|.

Thanks for reading by the way.

Mazzel,

Angarato

Nice start

Well, I do not think you need to apologise for this writing. It is very good. A misplaced word or two but mostly you did fine.

Dutch eh? I've been waiting for the day that we get an Arabic writer. It will be easy to tell because people will be Beeple, and Pepsi will be Bepsi. LOL

Gwendolyn

Thanks for the vote of confidence

It's greatly appreciated. Any more of these and my ego may get bigger than I can physically contain. I'd start bursting with awesomeness :D.

Sorry, no Arabic here. I don't even know a single word Arabic actually. I know Dutch and English and if I try really really hard I can understand a little German. I've had French in high school too, but I didn't care for it so I never bothered to put in the effort. All I learned for French was "Je ne parle pas français.", you don't need much more :P.

Thanks again for reading and for commenting.

Mazzel,

Angarato

Ok, first thing said is that

Ok, first thing said is that I really like your story. The descriptions of the change are really cool. They're not pornographic, but manage to show her problems and the way it goes. I wonder why she goes blind and really hope she'll get some compensation for the loss of her eyesight.
As english isn't my first language either, I can't say much about it, but it sometimes felt like you sometime forced slang words. I mean I've never heard "doing a number 2" before.

Anyway, great story, I can't wait for the next chapter. Thank you for writing,
Beyogi

Thanks ;D

Thanks for reading and for your comment.

You'll get to know more about her eyesight in the next chapters. That originally just started out because to me it just seemed interesting to write about. I'll provide slightly more explanation later on that will hopefully be a little better than a 'just because'. In reality it just started out as part of the character though, it's a little something more than that now of course. I hope that whatever I came up with won't be too disappointing to the readers.

As for the almost forced use of slang, that came about because I didn't want to use the same words and descriptions too many times in a row. Basically every time Aiden woke up and went to the bathroom while he was sick, he had to both pee and poo. Telling that the same way every single time seemed a little dull though. That's just a little character quirk I have though. I may have gone a little too far with it, which might explain your reason for finding it a little forced.

About not wanting to use the same words or descriptions too many times in a row. I'm actually having some problems with that right now. In many of the things I'm currently writing I'm describing a lot of the things and actions that are done or being done. The problem is, that involves a lot of 'After that', 'Once I was done with that' and again 'After I was done, I started on'. Ways to describe things in a sort of sequence you could say. I'm again trying to balance not using the word 'After' 50 times in 5 paragraphs without it seeming to be forced or something. I hope that I manage to do so fairly natural in the next chapter.

Gosh, now that I think about it, writing sure is a lot lot harder than just having a story idea floating around in your head and working that out. I have around 10 story ideas, if not more, floating around in my head, where there is/are usually one or maybe two more prominent than the others. Working out in my head how they go, where they go and how they get there is all very interesting and very fun too. Actually getting it on paper is quite a challenge.

Geez, that's a long rant. I'm hoping I'm not talking to a wall actually, to be honest.

Again, thanks for reading and commenting. It's much appreciated.

Mazzel,

Angarato

No, not a wall :D Seriously,

No, not a wall :D
Seriously, I know the problem. I've got like 10 unfinished stories myself. I've got an idea how they're supposed to end, but the problem always is how to get there :D

I just wondered about the number two thing, because I did't know what it meant. It got really odd when you repeated it ;)

Maybe you should try to leave the "afters" out of your text? "First I went to the cinema, then I went back home." or "The mall was rather fascinating from a female point of view, but I was rather relieved when we finally got home." or something like that. I'm not an expert myself, but if you see yourself repeating words all the time you might want to look for a different way to describe the scene.

Whatever, I can't wait for your next chapter,
Beyogi

No. 1 and No. 2

These are common American slang for polite ways to say using the restroom, that are or were taught to kids in lower grades of elementary school and before. Little kids can't hold it well, and the teachewrs often tell the kids to hold up one or two fingers if they have to go in between scheduled breaks so the teachers can excuse them to avaid accidents in their clothing.

Interesting *take* on MORFS

His, well her case is atypical but then no two are alike.

IE usually the kids don't have as much waking time between bouts of sleep but nothing way out of the *canon* IMHO.

As to potential blindness, I forget the name but an important character in the first MORPS story, Sanura's Tale is blind but has TK sight or some other form of *vision*.

Could also be a temporary thing as her eyes change into a n unusual kind. Maybe it's a nicatating membrane growing, like cats have but she doesn't have the muscles to move it yet?

And in a few cases some kids get MORFS twice though the second time is usually but not always a lesser case.

It would be cruel if after his transformation into an attractive girl she can never see who she is, who loved ones are and anything else.

But then MORFS has made bright people feeble minded and strong ones weak and visa versa.

Have fun with this. And the English is not half bad.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Changes...

While many people receive changes that they would rather not have (hybridization and sex changes, for instance,) the changes are generally beneficial. I recall one canon case where someone became less intelligent, and one where the person became less physically strong. In the latter case, it was done semi intentionally.

My first thought about the foggy eyes was something like what happened to Radar, though the thought about the nicatating membrane is a good one.

So far, this story seems to be well within the canon -- at least as far as I can see.

Hmmm ...

Is this going to be a new Morphing universe or can we attach it to a current universe.

Interesting study in changing sex.

Thanks, I'll continue to read.

Beverly Taff.

bev_1.jpg

Not new, no.

No, it's not going to be new. It'll follow the universe rules and settings pretty closely. I mainly made that disclaimer to allow me the freedom of changing some things, but I won't change too much. Those changes will be in some of the small details. It'll still very much be a MORFS tale.

Thanks for reading and I hope you'll like the next chapters at least as much.

Mazzel,

Angarato

Shouldn't be a problem

IIRC I already read another morphs-canon-story with a very slow change, so it shouldn't really be a problem, I think.