Demon Summoning

Printer-friendly version
Demon Summoning Cover.jpg
Walter is an ordinary college student on his ordinary way to the library. It is All Hallows' Eve though; an evening where extraordinary things transpire and an evening that will change his life.
Copyright © 2012 Beyogi
All Rights Reserved.
Thanks to Janet Miles for editing.
Thanks to Draflow and Sleethr for proofreading and their suggestions.

***

I guess it's a bit late for a Halloween story, but my muse kicked me until I wrote this. Anyway, I hope you can forgive my horrible latin - it's all google's fault! *duck* I hope you'll enjoy this story.

***
 
Meh… I couldn’t understand why the younger generations where so fascinated by this Halloween thing. Walking around dressed up in ridiculous costumes in this rainy, stormy, cold and nasty weather. Carnival was a good German opportunity to go out and dress in costumes, but no the kids need another one in autumn of all times. I guess I was already used to the horrible mixture of my mother’s tongue and English words that the advert specialists apparently thought a great idea… But why did we also need to take over the American customs? “We are the Americans. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.”
 
O well, I guess I was such a geek then. And by God, I sometimes thought like an old man. Not really. It wasn’t that I begrudged the kids an opportunity to have some fun. No, it was just that I was really grumpy. I needed to finish the bloody essay for my class and was still missing some books. It didn’t help that I had already been chilling out on my bed. Going to University this late should be forbidden or something. But there was no choice really, it needed to be done. I really had to get to the library.
 
The fucking filthy weather didn’t help my mood, either. I was shivering, rubbing my arms against my body.  Why couldn’t I live at the equator or Australia or something? I hated autumn. The wind was chilling me through my trousers - the jeans just weren’t thick enough to keep me warm. Raindrops ran over my face, fogging over my glasses. Wet hair was clinging to my ears. At least my jacket was well made, or I’d been drenched to the skin by now. Still, I was hurrying, it wasn’t like the library would run away, but the rain could always get worse. I didn’t want to push my luck.
 
“Fuck!” I loudly cursed after a gust of wind had blown back my hood. I was already sick; it didn’t need to make it worse. I should have stayed home. Wet hair was the last thing I needed.
 
Sighing with relief, I watched the doors to the library building automatically opening before me. Finally out of the rain, I dropped my drenched backpack in the lockers. The librarians wouldn’t let us take them into the library… too many greedy hands or something like that. Well not that they would have let me bring it in, considering how it oozed wetness - a danger for all recorded knowledge. It didn’t look good, I could only hope that it would be dry enough inside to let me bring my selections back home.
 
I took off my jacket and shook it to get rid of as much water as I could. It didn’t need to drip on my rucksack after all. Leaving the jacket in the locker, I moved towards the library entrance. Then, suddenly, a shiver ran over my body and gave me goose flesh. Something felt really off. It was like a smelling song was vibrating in the air. Like ozone was dancing in front of my eyes. Just wrong. Between one moment and the next, the lights failed. I was caught in total darkness.
 
Well, almost total darkness. After a moment of panic - I think I cried out like a little girl - my eyes had accustomed themselves to the new lighting, or rather the lack of it. Now I could see again. A red shimmer cast ghostly movements on the wall next to the rooms of the student union. I shrugged. Well, it wasn’t like going to the library made any sense right now. I figured it might be interesting to investigate. Better than trying to find books in the dark anyway.
 
Seriously though, I was curious about what was going on. The flickering light looked rather mysterious and the student union was supposed to be open for everyone, so it couldn’t hurt to look. Being around people would also help against the nasty spooky feeling I had. Strength in numbers and stuff like that. That goose-flesh was becoming really annoying.
 
Moving towards the light I almost stumbled into a door, only perceiving it in the last moments. I was drawn to the light, walking almost as if in trance, just barely aware of my environment and avoiding obstacles.  A silent chant was in the air, the molecules vibrating with the rhythm of my heartbeat. I heard a drum beating slowly and incomprehensible words were permeating the walls.
 
Instincts honed through millennia of human evolution warned of imminent danger, but I ignored it. In my case, ‘curiosity killed the cat’ was more than just a saying and I felt powerless to resist. I just had to find out what was causing the strange light. I snuck towards the light and into the student union.  Not an easy feat considering my wet, heavy winter boots.  I opened a door and cautiously turned the corner, following the progressively brighter, reddish orange light to its source.
 
Suddenly, snapped out of my sleepwalking trance. Cold sweat ran down my back and I was stiff in terror looking at the scene in front of me. It should have been rather funny, really.  I found myself in a rather large round room. Girls, women, were standing in a circle around a glowing pentagram formed by lit candles. Their lips were moving, their faces distorted by concentration. Silent words wafted through the air, the chant sounded almost as if they were begging.
 
The scenery in itself was spooky enough, but that wasn’t what made me freeze in terror. No, it was the red, orangeish light I’d followed. The light source was hovering in the air like fairy fire, dancing up and down like a snake charmer’s flute. Following the rhythm of the girls’ chant, the light made silent buzzing noises as it danced through the air.
 
What the hell were they doing? This didn’t look like your run of the mill pagan ceremony. Why did that magic light scare me so much? Why was I so focused on the bloody thing anyway? Most likely they were physics students who had developed a new cool special effect... Yes, I lied to myself, that was what it had to be. Or maybe not, considering it was an all-girls group and the chanting of course... Rational physics students wouldn’t do such a thing. Not that there were many female physics students anyway.
 
Looking at the girls, I realized I only recognized two of them. They appeared to be a rather diverse group. Opposite me at the wall was the ugly broad who was the boss of the campus feminazis… um… butch… annoying feminists. Well, you know what I mean. Right next to her was a rather beautiful girl from one of the political theory classes, probably first or second semester, whom I’d never suspected in the company of Ms. “it’s men’s fault”.  I didn’t really recognize the others, but that didn’t have to say anything. The Uni had about 20k students after all. Inwardly shrugging I realized they were beginning their chant again. I decided to listen.
 
“Murum est tenuis”
“Nocte incipit”
“Deus infirmus est”
“Vocamus vos Adversarii Dominus”
 
Crap. This did not sound good. I mean I never really had Latin at school, but what I understood gave me the creeps. God was weak and something with the enemy of the lord… What the hell did they plan to summon? Might they actually succeed? I shivered, fuck, this was definitely not good. I’d never really believed in God, why believe in something that obviously doesn’t give a shit for you, but right now I felt like praying an Our Father… If I’d known the words, that is — I was raised atheistic, if you’re wondering, and I really wasn’t sure if that was a smart decision of my parents that moment.
 
Wiping the cold sweat from my forehead I was indecisive. The girls obviously weren’t right in their heads. Something needed to be done, but what would they do if they saw me? My fantasy was supplying gruesome images of obsidian knifes in my gut, cutting out my still beating heart. No, no interrupting them right now was no good idea. Maybe I should leave; summoning things almost always backfired in mythology. Standing at ground zero most likely wouldn’t be good for my health.
 
Yes, getting away would be a good idea. While I was thinking they’d repeated their chant again and now, on the last line they raised their arms in a summoning, inviting movement. This was too creepy. I turned around, inching back to the entrance. A shudder ran through the room, making me stumble.
 
I managed to catch myself, but then I saw it. Suddenly, the walls of the room began to glow in a spooky green dim light, illuminated by alien runes. The ritual went to the next stage. Throwing a glance towards the door, my goal, let the chills run down my back. The door was no more. Instead of the safe darkness of the library building, a green force-field right out of a Harry Potter movie was blocking my way. I felt like crying, barely able to control my bladder. This had just become way too real for my liking. The light and the sound effects would have been explainable with some fantasy and denial, but the green force field over the entrance was too much. What the fuck were they doing?!
 
They were repeating their chant, raising their arms every time they incanted the last line. I shuddered. Bloody hell, I couldn’t let them do this, I needed to do something. But what? Should I just talk to them? No, that wouldn’t work. They’d just use me as sacrifice or something. The chant finished for the third time and with another snap I felt that the air pressure had increased. It was strange, a bit like moving through water but not really as strong.
 
Watching the red light in the center I saw it bop up and down wildly as it buzzed like an angry bee. I just wanted to be somewhere else, but I couldn’t… couldn’t go and couldn’t look away from the light. The sounds became louder, increasingly frantic. The buzzing of the light, as well as the strange music, they used as background for their chants. Raising their arms again the girls finished their line for the third time.
 
“Vocamus vos Adversarii Dominus”
 
Another bump went through the room, almost like an earthquake now. Dark smoke poured from the center of the pentagram, draining the light from the room. Suddenly, it was frosty cold. I shivered again, but this time it was the temperature. Rubbing heat into my arms, I felt a cough beginning to loosen. Fuck, why did my health need to betray me right now? It couldn’t happen. Taking all my willpower I tried to suppress the reflex... and barely managed to stop it. It was still there, lurking. Crap, I couldn’t afford for them to find me.
 
I really needed to do something, though They were starting their chant again. This couldn't be allowed to continue. Decision made I went forward. Pulling one away before their summoning was finished might stop it. I only needed to get there, to the brunette girl in front of me. Setting one foot before another, I closed in on her. Only three steps left… the dark smoke in the room was beginning to swirl in a maelstrom around the light in the pentagram. Two steps… a chirping like the sound of a thousand birds tortured my ears. I carried on. One step left, I stretched my hands to grab that broad in front of me… On the other side of the pentagram the eyes of the butch-bitch widened and suddenly I couldn’t move anymore. Fuck! She’d seen me.
 
“… est.”
“Vocamus vos Adversarii Dominus”
 
The tornado of smoke stopped frozen as their chant ended. The strange sounds coming from the red light faded. An eerie silence lay over the room. I felt the eyes of the summoners on me.
 
*Crack!*
 
Suddenly he was there. A guy with collar and tie… and a headband with two little red horns. What the fuck did they summon? A guy from his Halloween party dressing as the devil? I almost started to laugh, but then his sweeping gaze caught me with his glowing red eyes. Seeing me, he groaned, shrugged and looked at butch-bitch, the obvious leader of this coven.
 
“What do you want?” the devils dark voice reverberated menacingly through the room. “Why did you summon me from my party?”
 
What the fuck! They got him from a party?! The devil had Halloween parties? I couldn’t believe it. This was just too impossible. I almost wished they were just playing a mean joke with me, but from the faces of the girls I could see that the situation was serious. The special effects were impossible and the devil dude didn’t look happy either.
 
It took only a few moments, but then the butch-bitch had regained her wits: “We summoned you and demand of you to destroy all men, they’re evil. Starting with him!” her finger pointed at me.
 
Crap. I jumped back scared. I figured I was done for, but, surprisingly, the devil started to laugh at her. “Lisa, do you really think it would be so easy? Did you really think you could just summon and command me like a genie?” The devil-guy paused dramatically, as if expecting an answer. When none came he continued: “Do you think you were the first to find the ritual? Are you that stupid?”
 
“No, just eradicate maleness for us,” a rather plain summoner girl replied annoyed, apparently not fazed by his anger at all.
 
He only rolled his eyes. “Susan, you’re aware that you summoned a male demon to destroy maleness? Not that I care. Whatever, do you all agree?”
 
“No, absolutely not,” I yelled desperately before those mad bitches could reply.
 
The horned one rolled his eyes. “I didn’t ask you, but your protest is noted.” He looked his summoners. “So, your decision?”
 
Each repeating their demand, all the girls agreed with the destruction of all men. I wanted to stop them, but couldn’t move, couldn’t say anything. Somehow they’d magically shut me up. Cold sweat ran down my back. I shivered. God, this shouldn’t be possible. Why didn’t I jump them when I had the opportunity? Maybe there was still hope. The devil guy didn’t look like he was really fond of their idea to kill off all men after all. For all I knew that would give us a martyr bonus so we would all go to heaven or something. Crap, now my whole hope rested on the bloody whims of a devil.
 
Meanwhile, the devil sighed, bored and seemingly annoyed with the girls. “I need a sacrifice before I can fulfill your demand. Step into the pentagram.”
 
Great. Really awesome. I was going to be said sacrifice, I just knew it. Of course I had to make it easy for them. Why didn’t I bang drunken Nina when I had the opportunity in High school? The bitch had always been so arrogant, she’d certainly deserved it. But I had to be the nice guy again. Too nice to be alive. But that being a virgin would cost my life... Well Hollywood had warned me, Virgins were supposed to be sacrifices after all. Fuck my god-damned honorableness.
 
“... and no, you can’t sacrifice someone else, or everyone would go and summon demons.”
 
Phew. That was a close one. No sacrificing innocent me-virgins, not that it would really help me if he really fulfilled their demand. But... Demons... I just registered that fact. He wasn’t the devil in person. Thank god for the small blessings. Not that it really helped me to prevent their evil plan.
 
“But well, since you’ve summoned me, you’ve offered yourself anyway,” the demon declared, as if he had no care in the world. “You though,” he penetrated me with his gaze. “You can sacrifice yourself to me to prevent this.”
 
“What?” Lisa, the man-hating coven leader yelled before I really realized what the demon had said. “That’s not what we bargained for.”
 
Like I cared. What did she expect from summoning demons? I had bigger problems namely now it was my ass on the line and I really didn’t want to sacrifice my soul to a demon. Did he just want to trick me? To get my soul as an added benefit? On the other hand well, I was fucked either way. Either the demon got my soul for whatever or I’d end up in hell anyway for being a fucking coward or traitor letting him kill all guys if I could have prevented it. Hell... Demons... why did they exist at all? I didn’t believe in either one, it shouldn’t be real. This was a fucking nightmare.
 
Not caring about my inner turmoil the demon raised his eyebrows and continued his speech. “You didn’t bargain at all. You summoned me and ordered me to do your bidding.” He sighed, but then a grin played over his face. “I will take your sacrifice, but every demon has to give the opposition a chance. It would be unfair otherwise and that would be against the rules. It’s in the compact, you know.”
 
“Fuck!” I had no choice. “Ok, whatever. Take my sacrifice, but don’t let them get away with their madness.”
 
“You’re so lucky I’m not a genie,” said the demon with a sad glance at me. “I hereby accept your sacrifice,” he spoke and the words of power reverberated through the room.
 
A tingle ran over my body. Was that it? Was I really going to die? I regarded the demon with an expression of dread. Did he plan to torture me to death? Damn, I didn’t want to die. I was too young. The tingles didn’t stop. What was going on?
 
He actually smiled at me. “Don’t worry, you won’t die.” He glanced at his summoners and raised his eyebrows. “I’m taking your evil of maleness to teach those fools some wisdom and compassion they might have never learned.”
 
Strange, what did he mean? Maleness wasn’t evil. Still smiling the demon stepped towards me and touched me gently on my forehead. Both dread and anticipation left me. It felt strangely normal, like being touched by any other person. Suddenly, the tingles spiked, almost painful. From one moment to the next I felt different. I was smaller, my clothing felt odd on my body. It was too wide in some places, and too tight in others. I tried moving, but I was still kind of frozen, my legs wouldn’t move. Moving my upper body, I suddenly felt my breasts rubbing against my pullover.
 
“What the fuck!” I exclaimed looking down. Yes, they were there. Two mounds resided on my previously flat chest. It couldn’t be true, could it? I raised my hands to feel the alien appendages, only to see the slender fingers on my shrunken dainty hands. With both horror and a curious fascination I realized my arms had shrunken into the slender forms only girls or starved men had. My legs seemed almost impossibly long, my trousers felt short and awkward around my hips. I didn’t want to think about my groin area... Kicking off my way too large shoes, I glared at the demon.
 
He didn’t seem to care, as he had turned around and faced the frozen bitches. An evil amusement was in his voice as he addressed his summoners. “There you go, now you all get to know what it is like for men. Always having that monster in your pants getting hard from some random stray thought or even the wind. Being a guy isn’t easier or evil, but now you get to experience yourself. Cherish this chance.”
 
The summoners began to scream, their faces were contorted in grimaces of pain. I saw their forms bulging, their hips were shrinking. God, were those the tortures of hell they’d wished on the male half of humanity? No... their arms and shoulders gained mass. Their chins were widening and the noses growing. Other things were shrinking. Hell, the big-boobed one had almost lost her knockers already. Their trousers were dented or ripped, I could see that their newly grown penises were stiff like iron rods. Maybe it was sort of the demon’s revenge, or they really enjoyed it.
 
Finally, they were done. The once so aloof summoners were frozen again in their ripped clothing. Their faces images of frozen terror, horrified by the changes they’d reaped. I couldn’t feel pity for them, not after what had happened to me, not after what they’d planned.
 
The demon guy turned back to me and grinned, “Ah, I enjoy doling out a just punishment.” Seeing my confused gaze he continued, “They wanted to destroy maleness. I figured the best way to teach them their mistake is to make them experience it themselves. Anyway, I’m Joseph. I don’t think we’ve been introduced to each other yet.”
 
“Walter... Nice to meet you, I guess,” I replied confused. I didn’t understand what the demon was thinking. Everything was so confusing.
 
“Are you sure the name’s still appropriate?” he said, looking down on my... breasts. Crap, I’d almost forgotten about them.
 
“Fuck you!” I yelled angrily, confusion turned into mindless fury. “What have you done to me?”
 
He groaned, which only pissed me off more. Still, I listened to his answer. “Sacrificed your maleness, obviously.” That wasn’t enough, I glared at him angrily. Joseph didn’t seem to care, but he elaborated, rolling his eyes. “I had to sacrifice something of yours, sorry, but it’s in the rules. Would you rather lose an eye, your life or your soul? You’re not crippled or dead and this allowed me to teach those idiots a lesson.”
 
Glancing towards the girls, or rather guys now, I saw that they were still frozen in shock. Their girl-clothing had ripped, leaving them almost nude in rags. They deserved whatever was coming. Hell, I didn’t know what drove them, envy, blind hatred... They should have known better. Maybe some testosterone would actually help to make them think more rationally, like adult human beings. Not that I really cared, I had my own girly problems. Teaching those idiots a lesson didn’t help me though. I couldn’t feel gleeful considering my own life had also gone up in flames.
 
Tears were welling from my eyes and I looked away, my anger washed away by sadness. “Why? What am I supposed to do now?”
 
“I’m sorry,” he replied, taking my hand. “It was a choice of the lesser evil. Don’t worry, you’ll make a great girl. Really, you were a waste as a guy. You’re just too nice for this age.”
 
Wow, great. Even a demon thought I sucked as a guy. Too nice to be alive or something. Hell, why didn’t they teach how to be an asshole macho in school? The chicks seemed to love them for some reason. Well now I had the opportunity to find out why. Yeah… no… I should stop deluding myself. I was screwed.
 
“But what am I supposed to do now?” I repeated my question, my legs were almost failing as I was on the brink of despair. “I have no passport, no nothing. Even my own parents wouldn’t recognize me!”
 
I sat down, couldn’t hold myself up anymore. Despair was threatening to swallow me up, throwing me into a dark pit without any hope of escape. It appeared like I would survive this encounter, but I’d obviously lost my previous life in the process.
 
Joseph looked guiltily at me - I didn’t know demons could feel that - but then shrugged. “You can come with me, I guess. I think we can resolve your problems.”
 
“Yeah right,” I sobbed, still feeling hopeless. “And lose my soul to hell in the process.”
 
Raising his eyebrows the demon sighed. “There is no hell. Fuck those idiot medieval priests. By the way I thought you were an atheist...”
 
“I was,” I replied shrugging tiredly. “But I think I was just proven wrong.”
 
Suddenly, it sunk in what he’d said before. “What do you mean there is no hell? I thought you were a demon?!” I almost yelled in shock.
 
“Fallen angel would be a more accurate term, but even that isn’t exactly correct. We did rebel against god because we didn’t agree with its policy to discard unworthy souls. We thought it wasn’t right to just throw people away because they don’t exactly fulfill god’s expectations,” Joseph said, pointing at the summoners. “They’re stupid assholes, but to destroy them forever seems to be a bit over the top. It’s not like they’re irredeemable. Really, they’re quite sane, mostly caught in a nasty ideology.”
 
He shortly paused, rubbing his forehead. “What was the other thing? Ah hell... You want to know why there is no hell? Think about it. What would be the point of torturing people forever? We have the job to guide those souls who failed to learn some or all lessons in life in the afterlife, not to abandon them to eternal torment.”
 
He had a point, probably. “But where do all those stories of eternal suffering in fire and brimstone come from?”
 
“Reports from the civil war in heaven and power games in the early church. ‘If you don’t obey you’ll suffer forever’. Not our fault really. Anyway, will you come with me?”
 
Joseph didn’t seem to be too bad. “I guess... I guess it’s ok... if you don’t want my soul,” I replied timidly. “I just hope you know how to sort this crap out.”
 
He grinned at me in a happy fiendish way. “My love, I don't want to eat your soul. I simply want to marry you."
 
It took me a few seconds for what he said to percolate its way from my ears to my brain and resolve into coherent thought. I can not say that I reacted like a man would. I did not question his reasoning. I did not kick his ass. No, I did nothing so manly. I passed out.
 
***
 
When I awoke I was in my darkened room, lying on my bed. My heart was still throbbing as I listened to the ticking of my wall clock
 
Oh thank God! What a fucking nightmare! I thought to myself as I slowly took in my familiar surroundings.
 
Something about my room caught my eye. Something was out of place. It was not my naked women posters. It was not my normal clutter, not the empty bottles on the floor. No, standing next to my closet, there appeared to be a headless woman!
 
With a girlish shriek I practically flew over to the wall and slapped the light on. I could not help it, I giggled when I saw what it was. Yes, giggled. I was so relieved that I almost missed the girlish sound. No ghost had come to haunt me. The headless woman was really a mannequin with a wedding dress...
 
Wedding dress?
 
Oh shit...
 
fin
 

 

***

I hope you enjoyed my story, thank you for reading it.
I'm pretty much the same as most authors and thrive on comments, so I'd like to know your thoughts on this story. Constructive critic is always appreciated.

up
142 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Great job Beyogi

I love the theme, and the tale is a lovely romp through the evil that is humanity, and if not on time, well, many stories of Halloween don't get told until after the fact, so fear not, you done good my friend. Thank you Beyogi

Draflow

Thanks, I'm glad you liked

Thanks, I'm glad you liked the story. I guess we can all only try to be as less evil as possible.

Beyogi

Halloween

Its never the wrong time for a good halloween story

I guess so. Thank you for

I guess so. Thank you for your kind comment,

Beyogi

"Wedding dress?"

Boy, they should have an interesting honeymoon ...

DogSig.png

Yeah... our demon might have

Yeah... our demon might have found his match though ;)

thank you for commenting,
Beyogi

Really?

I kinda wish we could have another story of theirs then. A story about their love life sounds like it'd be hilarious :D

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

I can understand your wish...

I can understand your wish... Problem is that would be a story I'd love to read but that I'd hate to write. I'm not good at writing character based stories... if I have a good idea for a plot maybe, but I can't promise anything.

Thank you for your kind comment,
Beyogi

Good story,

I liked the ending...it ends, unlike some of my stories. :-D

-- Sleethr

Well yeah, it's thanks to my

Well yeah, it's thanks to my hard-working muses Karl and Richard :P

Thank you for your kind comment,
Beyogi

WOOHOO!! =D

Extravagance's picture

In your faces, feminazis! In your fucking faces!! You suuuuck!!!

Hooray for Beyogi's writing and nice rational women and men! ^_^

Catfolk Pride.PNG

Worse... They'll get sucked

Worse... They'll get sucked :D But yeah, some people got what they had coming.

I'm glad you liked my story, thank you for your comment,
Beyogi

That was really good!

I also appreciated your alternate, would you call it Theology?

Richly satisfying!

Liz

Thanks, I'm glad you liked my

Thanks, I'm glad you liked my story. I guess theology or mythos would be the appropriate term. It's fun to invent my own religion :D Godfather, Beyogi and the holy spirit... No seriously, I enjoy giving things my own little twist.

Thank you for your kind comment,
Beyogi

Radical feminist

Perhaps better than the radical feminist Trinity, The Mother, The Daughter, and the Wholly Unnecessary.

Janet

Mistress of the Guild of Evil [Strawberry] Blonde Proofreaders
TracyHide.png

To be or not to be... ask Schrodinger's cat.

Yeah... I think the worst

Yeah... I think the worst thing about it is that many of those people are completely sane, just deluded by an evil ideology. I guess it's the same with those christian fanatics ranting against queers. Once an ideology takes hold the radical members will go and try to destroy anyone not confirming to their worldview.
I wonder what's wrong with humanity that this actually is sane behavior.

Beyogi

Variant theology

Yes, it is theology, from the Greek roots θεος (theos - god) and λογία (logia - knowledge). It's all about what we think we know about god. (Yes, I personally believe that for us to know and understand god is like a guppy trying to know and understand a human. We'll get occasional glimpses, but don't have the capability to comprehend the entirety.)

Some of the theology of the story is supported by stories in Hebrew and Christian theologies (though perhaps not completely canon.)

Some has a flavor (as I pointed out to Beyogi) of the theology from Robert Heinlein's book Job: A Comedy of Justice.

I enjoyed working with Beyogi on this. I am happy for him that his story is getting such positive comment.

Janet

Mistress of the Guild of Evil [Strawberry] Blonde Proofreaders
TracyHide.png

To be or not to be... ask Schrodinger's cat.

I also enjoyed working with

I also enjoyed working with you on this story. Really, in the end we know nothing really about god. Only what is written in some ancient scriptures that have been manipulated by who knows how many people.

I actually considered to have the demon declare the whole old testament into an alien invasion or something, but it didn't really fit with this story ;)

Nice ending

This was fun and really liked the way you closed the story. :) Double take endings are kool!
hugs
Grover

Thanks, but I have to give

Thanks, but I have to give most credit to sleethr, I guess. I was kind of stuck with the ending, but he had the unconsciousness and wedding-dress idea. Seriously, if he ever feels like ending his writer career he has good prospects as a muse :D

thank you for your kind comment,
*hugs*
Beyogi

Dealing with the Devil

LOL, at first it seemed somewhat scary what with the women doing their chanting and such and also bringing the Devil into the scene. But to wake in in his or her room as it were to a headless woman just made me laugh.

How ever it is definitely not the kind of day I would want to have either lol! Sick as a dog so to speak and walking in the heavy rain is definitely not one of my favorite things to do let alone walking into a library to find a devil, hmmmm.

Either way the story is delightful.

Hugs

Vivien

Thank you, I'm glad you liked

Thank you, I'm glad you liked my story. It was really inspired by my own situation the day before Halloween. Sitting on my bed, coughing, outside it was raining and I actually should have written my essay, but was lacking books...
Ah well, maybe I should have gone to the library instead of telling someone else adventure ;)

*hugs*
Beyogi

Great story

Loved the ending especially :)

JennySugarLogo.png

Wow! You flatter me. I had no

Wow! You flatter me. I had no idea my story was that good. Thank you, I'm really grateful that people like my story that much ;)

*hugs*
Beyogi

Well done!

Fun to read, great ending, well written...all the ingredients of a great story! I really enjoyed this. Good job, and who cares if it's late!

Wren

Good one!

I laughed all the way through this one.

Nice job.

Maggie

I'm glad I could brighten

I'm glad I could brighten your day.

Thank you for your kind comment,
Beyogi

Hahahaha

What a great story. Terrific ending!

Wedding dress?

Elsbeth's picture

Fun story, love the twist. Having a theological discussion with a fallen angel, got to love that :)

-Elsbeth

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.

Well who would miss the

Well who would miss the opportunity? It's a pet peeve of mine when protagonists are confronted with superpowers and don't question their morals or motivations. It kinda drove me nuts with professor's Ovid series. They all argued with the judge on legalistic terms, but not on moral ones.

I'm glad you liked my story, thank you for commenting,
Beyogi

Ha!

Daniela Wolfe's picture

I enjoyed this one immensely and best of all it made me laugh!


Have delightfully devious day,

I'm glad you liked it, I

I'm glad you liked it, I really had fun writing this.

Thank you for your kind comment,
Beyogi

Redefines things a bit.,

I do not just like this change of point of view, I live it. The Idea of an argument over management style in heaven is grand but the the true change in defined evil is so juicy and fun. Sounds like the foundation for a very different cosmology than this universe. Any plan to continue this story or this thought. It would be a wonderful playground, and it would make more sense than what we are presently being forced fed.

Baily's Miss Behaving Angle
Misha Nova

With those with open eyes the world reads like a book

celtgirl_0.gif

There is certainly some

There is certainly some potential in this universe. I'm not sure where I plan to go with this though. It has potential for bad boy to good girl stories as well as some devine intervention storylines.

I don't really plan to invent my own religion and foist my morals on the readers, but I guess it might be really interesting to see how our new girl will influence the demons and how they think about humans.

Thank you for your kind comment, I'm glad you liked the story,

Beyogi

Beyogi, Beware! Demon

Beyogi, Beware! Demon Summoning will make you laugh until you read another story.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Thank you for your kind

Thank you for your kind comment. I'm glad this story amused you.

Beyogi