It couldn't be that bad could it? Book 1 James' Story Part 3

Printer-friendly version


It couldn't be that bad could it.
Book 1 James' Story

This is my First attempt at a story for along time, It is about a boys journey to discover why he feels like he does. Please also not I used the language caution, even though it is what I consider only minor usage of bad language.(Better safe than sorry.)

Please comment and let me know what you either like or dislike about.
Any Typo's or bad grammar is my fault, as this part was self edited.
Also hopefully this part is up to the standard of the previous parts.

The following morning James actually found himself looking forward to school. He paused in the middle of gathering his school things, when he realised that it was in fact Laura he was looking forward to seeing, and not school. With this realisation he finished gathering his things, and set out for school after saying goodbye to his Mom and Dad. During the walk to school he found himself wondering why he was looking forward to seeing her as much as he was. His wondering was cut short as he arrived at school, as he found Laura standing outside waiting for him.

“Morning James, how are you today ?” she asked.

“I'm OK, how about you ?” he responded with a shy smile.

“I'm doing good thanks,” she replied with a smile.

With that they made their way into school, having arranged to meet again at lunch, as they had the day before. Several times that morning James yet again found his mind wandering, and being told to pay attention. He was glad when lunch time finally rolled around, he managed to avoid Nicola on the way to his usual seat. He could only hope that he would be so lucky after lunch. After he had been sat for a few minutes, during which time he actually paid attention to what was going on around him, he saw Laura approaching. As she sat down James noticed she looked a little upset about something.

“Are you OK ?” he asked “You look a little upset.”

“I'm OK,” she replied “I just had a little encounter with Nicola,” she added with a hint of irritation in her voice.

“Are you sure ?” he responded.

“Sure,” she answered him, “She won't be trying anything with me again,” she added with a grin.

“Really ?” he asked “ How did you manage that ?” he added eagerly.

“Now now James, I can't go telling you all my secrets yet,” she said “Besides I'm not sure I know you well enough yet, and it's not a conversation for a public place,” she added with a sympathetic smile.

“Oh OK,” he replied in a disappointed voice.

“Don't worry I will tell you,” she said. “Why don't you see if you can come for dinner over the weekend, and I will tell you more then,” she added kindly.

“OK I'll ask but I wouldn't hold my breath over it,” James replied.

At that point the bell rang, his head snapped up a look of shock on his face. He couldn't quite believe that, that seemingly short conversation had apparently taken most of the lunch break. They arranged to meet for the walk home again, then hurried off in the separate directions for class.

During the walk home Laura tried several times, to start a conversation but was unsuccessful, due to James clearly being distracted by something. Finally Laura had, had enough. “Come on James what's wrong, you have barely said anything since we left school,” she said.

“Sorry,” he said, “It's just I've been thinking about how to ask Mom and Dad, about the whole coming round to dinner thing.” he added.

“Well in that case I will forgive you this time,” she said with a smile, “But don't make a habit of it,” she added with a giggle.

She hugged him again as she had the previous day, when they parted and James slowly made his way home. All the while his thoughts were in turmoil about how to ask the question. In the end he just decided to hell with it, I'll just ask straight out and see what happens.

“Anyone home ?” he called as he closed the front door.

“In the kitchen,” he heard his Dad reply.

Taking a deep breath, he headed for the kitchen to ask about dinner at Laura's at some point over the weekend. To his almost complete disbelief, his Dad was fine with the idea.

“Good for you son,” he said. “I'm glad to finally see you making some friends at last,” he added with affection in his voice.

“Thanks Dad,” he said as he turned to head upstairs.

“Just a moment,” his Dad said.

This had James worried momentarily as he thought that maybe his Dad had changed his mind already.

“Yes Dad,” he replied looking a little worried.

“Just remember not to tell your Mom,” he said. “You know as well as I do what she would say and do,” he finished.

“No problem Dad,” James said in response. With that said James left to head to his bedroom to get his homework done, feeling happier than he had in a long time, while he was at home at any rate. With his home work complete, he lay back on his bed to relax. He had only been laying there for a few moments, when there was a knock at his door.

“Come in,” he said expecting it to be one of his parents, he was therefore surprised when he saw his sister put her head around the door. “Hey Sis,” he said with a smile, “What can I do for you ?” he added.

“Hey James,” she greeted him “ You have time to talk ?” she asked him, “I may have some useful information for you,” she added with a smile.

“Really, already ?” he asked looking shocked.

“Yes of course really,” she said, “This seemed really important to you, so I found out as much as I could, as quickly as possible,” she added with another smile.

“Well?,” he asked in response, “What did you find out ?” he added quickly.

“Well from what I found it sounds a lot like gender dysphoria,” she said, “Have you ever heard of it ?” she added.

“No,” was James reply

“Neither had I,” she said, “But here is what I was able to find out about it,” she added handing him some folded sheets of paper. “And remember I'm here if you ever need to talk,” she said.

“I know Sis and thanks for helping me,” he said with a smile.

“Your welcome,” she replied, “I better go before Mom comes to see what we are up to,” she added. With that said she withdrew from the room leaving James alone.

up
105 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

James' Story will hopefully

James' Story will hopefully end with him being happy and whole. Glad his sister is there for him.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

What's happening to poor James?

Well, it looks like James is making friends and getting some help from his sister.

Liking this story.

Gwendolyn