Vanilla Sky...Part 5.

Printer-friendly version

Vanilla Sky…Part five.

The first few days I’ll admit to being totally in love with where I’m living and being afraid of it all at the same time. Lizzie did take me to Halifax again the next day after the party to a medical prosthetics shop and she bought me breast forms that getter fit my body size.

So I’m a c-cup now and these are really made of that new silicone stuff and are flesh colored and they even come with a medical adhesive. No not like the stuff in those internet stories that seems to be like superglue but the stuff is water proof.

And there’s a place that actually sells stuff for uhm those uhm…drag shows…I didn’t ever think that there was a drag community all the way up here but apparently yeah there is with a drag night club right in Halifax.

Anyway this store had things that I needed and didn’t know that I needed like dance gaff’s and some other things I can use like guides for make up and for my voice it was all kind of fast and exciting but I still really appreciated it all.

My boobs look so much better and them being the right size makes my shoulders seem less…guy like and wearing my gaff with my panties once I’m used to it and the breast forms on there attached I can actually just…

I can be me and there are time’s that I’m not him…unless I’m going to the bathroom and even then it’s almost like getting to be me is driving home the point of this is a birth defect.

But it’s not perfect majik but it’s still pretty perfect majik.

I’m getting registered for school soon and I’ve a few more appointment and Lizzie got me into her gyno and the woman is very nice and actually familiar with the transgendered. I thought I was rarer than that but I guess like they say it takes all kinds.

I’m just waiting with her for the results from my tests that she had sent off to a specialist.

But home there’s chores to do.

I’m sort of used to working but this isn’t my step-dad berating me for not being manly enough to carry fifty pound bags of cement. My dad’s not like that instead we are a vineyard farm and I always thought that it only meant wine like from grapes and stuff but we make apple and fruit wines and some are for drinking and some are for dessert? And some are for cooking and we’re actually getting pretty well known for them.

Our signature wine is Vanilla Sky and that’s an apple wine not a cider that’s aged in oak and the oak we use is when the vanillin’s? Come out of the wood during the aging process. And as wine goes it sells actually pretty cheaply at about close to twelve dollars a quart at the wine stores and the NSLC (Nova Scotia Liquor Commission.)

The really big deal wine that’s our big money thing I guess for the wines is this honey-crisp dessert wine that uses those apples and dried apples plus some actual honey and some real vanilla bean in the making of it and it’s like all ground up like we do with the regular apples for our wines but there’s a special cold machine that makes it a sort of Ice wine?

I’m really still learning all of that plus dad has some other things that he’s working on like apple brandy and apple schnapps and even a green apple rum. And he’s small batching stuff for testing using pears and plums and even cranberries and blueberries both pretty common enough here. I’m kind of surprised at just how like chemistry book smart that dad is and he doesn’t really drink. I mean he tastes but he doesn’t drink.

He’s said he’s thinking about even trying to microbrew some beer. Apparently microbrewery stuff is very popular with the university kids and a lot of the pubs and bars over in Halifax.

But mostly for my chores I’m dealing with the animals, we have a few cows about a dozen or so. I think we’re raising two for the beef and there’s pigs and they’re not as smelly as I thought and then we have goats. That’s Liz’s thing working with them and the milk from the goats and the cows and stuff. Oh and we have chickens and turkeys and dad’s even raising quail? Apparently there’s money with the fancy restaurants and stuff for both the birds and the eggs?

Liz is teaching me the ropes and her big this is making cheese, goat cheese mostly but she’s slowly working I guess on making cheeses that are supposed to go with the stuff we make to drink and then there’s this whole other section with some of the immigrant women making jams and preserves.

I’m really busy just learning to take care of the animals with the other kids and that’s enough in itself I never thought how much work went into this place but there is. And dad and Liz seem to have overlapped stuff so that some of the bi-products and waste from one thing goes to work another even the manures and that stuff gets mixed in this barn with like compost and other stuff like potting soil and gets stirred and mixed up by one of the men with one of those little tractor dozers until it becomes like clean and new super rich soil and stuff.

Which goes to the greenhouse where dad had stuff growing in one spot and plantings to get started for some thing else in another and even other stuff that I had no idea was so easy to grow and make money from like Micro-greens? Apparently fancy restaurants buy these little tiny seedling sprouts and use them for garnishes and stuff and they pay good money for them too.

Seriously and I thought I was worried about dad spending too much money on me.

I’m really just amazed at it all.

But it’s also that I’m Samantha here and ever dirty and smelly and doing chores I still get to be Samantha. I have cute farm overhauls with sunflowers on them and these cute rubber boots that dad bought for me in town that are printed rubber boots that apparently are pretty girly and popular with a matching sunflower print on them and I even can wear my hair in pig tails just because I want too and the only thing that gets said is from some of the little girls living here too for me to put their hair in them too.

I’ve even taken to babysitting the girls too. Which is amazing really that their parents don’t think I’m some freak that would do stupid evil stuff to their kids and while I still have enough boy there left that I can do okay at video games my heart’s with taking care of the girls.

Or rather they're taking care of me.

Honestly, there’s nothing like the hearts of little kids and the girls here they know I wasn’t born a girl and that I’m starting out all new so they’re dying to teach me about playing house, and coloring and dolls and Barbies and I even get to do stuff I used to cry over back home like how for the first time since I was little did I get to use an easy bake oven and make easy bake brownies.

I think they might have been the best brownies I’ve ever had including the fancy ones….my stepsister had one and I wanted to play with her and it so much that I’d watch them and my stepdad would toss me out of the house into the back yard to play and get some fresh air.

I was so scared to ever say anything until I literally broke. I used to cry myself to sleep over the feeling of things being wrong and not being allowed to just be me.

That first Betty Crocker mix chocolate cake batter brownie was like biting into the childhood I never got to have.

But I want to go to school, I really do and there’s so much stuff I want to learn really even if it’s scary and stuff. I’ve been following along sort of with the girls that are my age and looking at the homework and stuff they’re bringing home and helping out with the home work assignments with us starting to get together in my room since it’s the biggest after chores and supper.

Flora, Anita, Selina, Mercedes their becoming friends and I’ve never really had my own circle of friends before that I get to work and hang around with and stuff.

There’s just something amazing about just getting together and doing homework and eating popcorn and talking and watching TV, we always have it on much music so we can listen to the music and watch the shows. Vampire Diaries is so awesome and I like Pretty little liars too and we even talk about people and their friend at school…I even get to know them too with us all chatting on Facebook and AIM and messaging each other and stuff and even though I haven’t met some of them face to face yet we’ve talked even on voice chat. Not really by myself usually while the other girls are there but still.

I’m not alone and people know.

Yeah people know I’m a transgendered teen girl.

And their not freaking out?

I’ve never really been to a school or in a place like this before. I mean the school I’m going to be going too is like three maybe four hundred kids and they have a LGBT club with like thirty kids in it and they’ve had it for years I guess. There’s even a lesbian teacher there and a gay one too. I’ll be the only Trans kid there though this year.

Oh there’s still likely going to be people that are going to be sucky and ignorant for sure but compared to home where the so called Christian kids and the Family Values Boosters had closed down the LGBT club at my school this is paradise.

I’m in my room getting ready. It’s Friday night, actually for most of the people here it’s pay night and there’s a sort of tradition of taking the kids and going out. There’s all the regular stuff like paying the bills and getting the shopping done but I guess we go and do stuff like maybe see a movie and all of us go out for supper giving the parents a break from cooking and supper duties.

I’m actually going to wear a skirt, with a tee-shirt. Yeah I know but I have this nice yellow tee-shirt that’s really pretty and I have a sundress that I want to wear with it. I actually made it myself well with the girls showing me because Flora was making one for class and mine’s a pleated skirt with a sort of sunset color but it has this pattern of those red-brown-yellow gerbera daisies on it. It goes so well with the yellow tee and I have these really cute Mary Janes that will look great with it. I’m doing my hair and trying not to mess up my make-up with the girls…yeah we really do sort of congregate in my room especially since I have my own bathroom and Dad knocks on the door. Anita opens it.

“Samanta ess your fada!” She calls out and I come out and I smile at him, he’s actually cleaned up pretty good too.

“Hi daddy, we’re almost ready.”

“Okay Kitten here can you give these to the girls.” He passes me some brown envelopes and there’s tuff written on them. Oh there’s one for me? I call out the girls names and they squee and run over some snatching them from me and opening them and giggling and Selina’s smelling hers.

“Dad?”

“Pay checks.”

“Pay checks?”

“Yup, we’ll be downstairs.” He goes to leave and can’t help it. “I get one?”

“Sure do kiddo you’ve been working here at the farm right?”

“Yeah but I’m just…you guys spent so much on me already….”

“Samantha, that…that’s my job as you’re dad to make sure that you get to have a happy life. School, food, clothes and a roof over your head aren’t ever things that you have to earn from me. I’m your dad, it’s my job.”

“But, but it’s so much money…” I know I said that I wasn’t as worried about it but realistically he spent like likely thousands of dollars on me.

“Samantha…are you happy?”

“Yeah…god dad I’ve never been this happy…this right.”

“Then I’m already paid honey.”

“Daddy…..”

He smiles and walks over and he hugs me. “Look you earned that and with you working for the Vineyard I get to put you on our health plan too.”

“I thought health care was all covered up here?”

“It is but prescriptions aren’t usually.”

“Oh…” I look at the envelope.

Oh My God!

“Dad…! Fourteen dollars an hour!”

“Yes and it’s what the other girls are getting too.”

“But…but…”

“Minimum wage is $10.15.”

“But…but…fourteen dollars!”
“Well since you’re a student employee the government pays some of those wages close to half so we didn’t really see the point in short changing you all not when you can use the money and…I’m not giving you an allowance either so that’s a factor in it too.”

I just sort of numbly stare at it there’s deductions and stuff and it’s all above board but I have in my hands more cash than I ever had that was mine before.

He kisses my forehead. “Don’t go nuts honey you still have two weeks before your next pay check.”

He heads downstairs and I look at the girls and they look at me and we all do that scream and dance in one spot thing then the group hug and some more screaming.

“We’re going shopping!”

up
216 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Vanilla Sky

is that a real wine or just part of the story? Boone's Farm used to have a cheap apple wine called 'tickle pink' but I haven't seen it in years.
looks like Sam is fitting in great.
realy good chapter, thanks

It's a made up label LoneWolf.

But their cheapest stuff in like Boone's but a bit better quality and not quite as cheap. They still sell Tickle Pink up here and it's very popular with the university girls:P
Thanks for reading:)
*Hugs and Howls*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

thats a long drive

for a bottle of cheap wine. ha, ha

Glow

The description of all the apple based alcohol sold through the NSLC reminded me of Golden Glow, the cheapest way to a nasty hangover, back in the day. Hopefully, our heroes are producing something rather more upmarket, rather than filling the void left by its discontinuation.

Oh sweet lord...Golden Glow...*Shudders*

No waaaay better that that. Vanilla Sky in my head tastes like a Reistling with a sweet almost granny smith aftertaste and that vanilla finish from the oak.

GG was as bad as other delicacies like Hermit's, Fine old and of course Kelly's ah...the booze of the tweenaged and teenaged years. We used to call them "Hard luck socials." I remember those hangovers even now.

*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

"the childhood I never got to have"

Oh boy, can I relate to that idea. Hmmm, I wonder if there are any local girls needing a babysitter ...

DogSig.png

I figured a lot of people can relate to that Dorothy:)

One of my friends though showed her little girl how to melt the cheese for nachos in hers so she could play with her dad. good guy that Jamie is he sat and played with her rather than watch the hockey game:)
Doing kids stuff with the girls on the vineyard has opened up old wounds from her past but more to have the hurt washed out and gently bandaged. Something Samantha and a whole lot of people need:)
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

YAY!

Jemima Tychonaut's picture


"and while I still have enough boy there left that I can do okay at video games my heart’s with taking care of the girls"

I sooooo know that from playing with my niece and nephew. I can hold my own with his games but my heart is in the my little ponies and the dolls. :-)

Thanks for another enjoyable chapter Bailey.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

I love it when something just clicks with people:)

Just like the way kids know, they can tell just by playing with someone and the other silly stuff doesn't matter.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

“We’re going shopping!”

Elsbeth's picture

Gods Bailey, I can feel myself gaining weight by just reading your stories. Really, you need to post all of your recipes, I'm always meaning to try one or another. Love the story

Hugs

-Elsbeth

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.

LOL Thanks Els:)

Actually been losing weight. I have put up some recipes before but there's actually too many of them but anytime you want one for anything just drop me a PM.
*Great Big HUGS*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Surprises abound

Jamie Lee's picture

If the girls are hanging with Sam when time allows then they like her. Either that or they can't get enough of her spacious bedroom.

Sam works, Sam gets paid, just like the other girls. A new concept to Sam, a concept she needs to get used to every two weeks. And like her dad said, don't go crazy buying things.

Others have feelings too.