Squires-12

Printer-friendly version

Jess Stone had breasts. He had been like this his entire teen life not quite fitting in anywhere that he had lived and at the same time he hadn’t really had the chance to. His folks moved around a lot with his dad being a hydrological engineer but they were slightly afraid of what might happen to Jess if he attended school. Some people just didn’t get it or wanted too. Jess was now attending a new school when he decided to change things...

Only it was everyone else that was getting changed!

Squires
Chapter 12
by Bailey Summers

Copyright © 2012 Bailey Summers
All rights reserved.

 


Image Credit: anime couple


 
For Danny it was very cool and more than a little way out into unknown territory. He’s been on a few dates back in junior high but they had been those very junior high dates with the parents and being chaperoned and while he noticed girls then he had a lot less ideas about them compared to now.

Then there was the fact that he had gotten a date with Johnny. He’d sort of went through stuff in life with a different attitude. He had never fit into any of the molds that people sort of fit like the other kids did.

He was short and slender and yes he was a geek but he was still different even still he listened to off the beaten path music liked hard rock and but almost all sorts of other music and he liked social stuff…some kids never thought too much past the status quo as being anything other than just the way things were or why bother or it suck and of course it’s just not fair.

He’d always knew life wasn’t fair, things needed people to act. Get off their butts and stop taking stuff. It’s why he was proud of being a bit different it was why he and Jessie just clicked as friends really though still new friends it’d already turned into a pretty strong friendship considering he was driving Jessie’s car tonight.

He smiled as he dried off from the shower he’d taken there was really not that many people that you could say were friends that’d do that.

He shaved even though it was futile actually at his age he was actually pretty fair skinned with the Irish and the Scot in his family tree. He did go sparingly on the aftershave and stuff he knew from just listening that there was one thing worse than smelling funky and that was bathing in the stuff. Though he sort of hoped that the aftershave he did have wasn’t too cheap? He had no clue as to how women judged things like that with guys. You’d read on thing online only to have it mean something else or be contradicted on another.

He went with Old Spice because well one it wasn’t Axe and Two he loved the commercials for it and the ones that mad fun of it. Grover’s smell like a monster on YouTube was awesome.

He tried some different things with his hair and some different shirts and jeans trying for the right look. He ended up going with an actual shirt with buttons and everything and he agonized back and forth over the tie and actually decided to wear it even if he was wearing jeans with it.

He went down stairs and his dad was looking out the window at Jessie’s car. The looked at Dan. He knew his dad was okay but at the same time he was not of the same generation.

At all…

“You take care of that car; he was good enough to lend it to you.”

“Yes sir.”

He mad a sort of a face. “I imagine she likes that hair?”

Dan shrugged; the hair was a thing with his dad. A hard working guy there was a certain amount of stuff that he’d be okay with. The length might have been something that he’d have just let slide but when he dyed it blue his dad wasn’t happy.

And he really didn’t get the comics, or the games that he was into either. That was something that his dad just didn’t get why you’d be interested in stuff that was make believe over living in the real world.

It’s just sometimes the real world needs to be less real. Sometimes you need things to make you feel like things can be better or that sometimes the good can outweigh the bad stuff and just sometimes you just need to step back. Sometimes characters in a role play can be better than the people in your real life.

But it wasn’t like Dan shut out the world, he wasn’t one of those people but it was…there was art to the whole thing things in comics and games and science fiction and fantasy moved him like music could for some or like old school hanging art for others.

But his dad and siblings really didn’t get the point of all of it and ruled it all kids stuff.

He wasn’t a bad guy but they really didn’t get him. His older siblings sure, well his older brothers. His dad was great with his sisters until they hit puberty and then the became “women.” Okay it was kinda funny that as soon as they had started getting their periods he got so atypical guy squeamish. He’d actually try and be elsewhere even when the women started talking about that stuff.

He wasn’t sure though how he’d take he was going out with Johnny. They were catholic as a family and they mostly went to church for the big things and at least once a month work permitting and even though his brothers were kind of the tough talking bigoted guys…sometimes, it really depended who they were with.

But his dad and his mom never really said that much about the whole LGBT thing.

And right now he wasn’t going to ask. Besides Johnny was a girl.

His dad gave him that uh-huh look and took out three twenties. “Be sure and take her to someplace decent no fast food joints okay Dan?”

“Yessir.”

“And put some gas in the car too; leave Jessie with more in the tank than when he lent it to you okay.”

“Yessir.”

“Alright have fun.”

Dan left before his mother got in on the act and started her fussing over him and everything and likely making him feel even more nervous than he already was.

He started the car up and he drove being careful and taking his time to get to Johnny’s place and he got out and really nervous he went to the porch and rang the doorbell.

Her dad came to the door and opened it. “Evening Danny come on in.”

He went inside making sure to wipe his feet mostly out of habit. “Thank you sir I’m here to pick up your daughter.” Man….that tie was tight wasn’t it?

“She’ll be right down can I get you something to drink?”

“No sir I’m good.”

“Okay, well I’ve got a pot roast to check so.”

“Yessir.” Oh wow it was warm in here.

It seemed like a really long time before he heard the click of heels on wood and he looked up the stairs to see Johnny coming down looking really nice. Really nice.

*Johnny…………

She hadn’t expected to get a date. Actually she had really never thought that she’d get to have a date with a boy ever. Well she had dreams of that happening like once she was old enough for surgery, even if she was still sometimes riding the fence about things sometimes (Which her shrink said was normal and healthy.” Johnny still had dreams about getting the surgery and getting herself made into the person she felt she really was so much of the time.

So she often dreamt of girl things, simple stuff like being able to tan or go to the pool without having to worry about that thing or just having real breasts and just things as simple as putting on a bra and adjusting everything that was real and stuff like that.

She often wondered if GG’s (Genetic Girls) dreamt of things like the simple joy of being able to wear a tube top.

But a date…a real date even if it was one of her friends and in her junior year too. It was exciting and really scary at the same time.

But once she thought about it and really thought about it this was what she had wanted. This was the life that she needed to live and not the one where she walked around miserable and facing the testostrocutioner.

Yeah she made that word up for the whole male puberty demon that she had dodged. She’d been lucky enough to get put on hormone blockers and stopped things just as the seemed like they were starting.

Before her life had been like she knew inside that she wasn’t this guy she was becoming and the older she got the more frustrated and worse the number she felt. Like she’d been wrapped up in an alien, possessed from the outside instead of the inside. It had been hell.

An only child she did have moments where she worried about her dad and stuff like the family name and not being his son anymore. It was part of the reason that she still had some of her boy things…after her last school when she had gotten out of the hospital she had purged everything she had girly and she killed Jennifer.

That’s the name she had tried to use then.

She didn’t mind it still but Jennifer was full of really bad memories and when she had started to need to be her again she had seen several people like her online that had kept their boy names in a way of standing up against the transphobics out there.

And she was standing up for herself more.

Her mom actually had kicked her into it more than the shrink. “If you’re a girl Johnny then you’re a girl with the good and the bad.”

“Mom…I’ll never have stuff like a period and all that.”

“No, likely not but honey if you’re really a girl inside then you are allowed to be a bitch when you need to be.”

“Mom?”

“Johnny, I was really on edge of saying this and all the stuff that happened with your old school but you need to stand up for yourself more. You were trying so hard to be the perfect girl around all of those people that you let them treat you like a doormat.”

So she did try and to stand up for herself. And it was hard. She had moved her late last year and she didn’t have the marks or the time to pass into being a sophomore so she was still a freshman and even when they had found out she still faced up to things. She still took the classes she wanted to take and even if she was alone or had been alone she refused to have them make her leave being in public like eating lunch in the cafeteria.

Sure no one sat with her and she was teased and tripped and treated like a leper but she was out…there was no one in school that didn’t know who and what she was and she still was able to keep up the brave from enough that she ate there in public and if her reality made people uncomfortable she didn’t care.

She was so done with eating her lunch out on the bleachers or the steps or hiding out in the hallways.

It was like real knights though when Jessie and Danny befriended her and then things stared to get rough again but at the same time better, so much better because she wasn’t in the fight alone.

It was that kind of mind set she hung onto when the whole reality of actually going out on a date in public with a boy hit her as she was trying to get ready for her date.

She had nearly trashed her room for all the clothes and cast aside outfits that didn’t make the grade and at the same time she…she kind of loved every nervy moment. These messed up nervy girl moments were exactly what she had always wanted really.

She nervous but happy she eventually settled enough to go with something nice.

She started with her prettiest coral bra and panties because nothing makes a girl start to feel pretty like nice underthings and she secured her breast forms on really good with the double sided adhesive tape and it wasn’t for getting noticed or having a wardrobe malfunction but to feel them more when she moved and swayed. She even wore her gaff under her panties which made her feel even more right.

She wore some nice perfume and just a little make up and for her outfit she went with a nice grey skirt not too long and not too short but one that went well with her long pink cashmere sweater that came partway down her skirt and she set it off with a slender white belt and matched her white belt with thigh high stay up stockings. She went with a faux pearl choker and a pair of white gold earring studs in the shape of cat faces. A pair of her grey goes with everything two inch heels and she thought she looked okay.

She really, really hoped that she looked okay.

Okay…

Wow…

Oh…so okay the look on Danny’s face when she came down the stairs and knowing all the stuff that he knows and he still was looking at her that way was just.

She was actually trying not to tear up from getting looked at like she was actually pretty.

Even as far as she’d come there were times where you just look in the mirror or at something about yourself and feel ingenuine.

Danny was…no he had already made her night already.

And the fact he looked really cute didn’t hurt that feeling either. Even with his blue dyed hair he looked cute, not bad cute or insulting cute but geeky on the edge of cool cute. Glassed and black jeans and shoes instead of sneakers but a nice navy blue button down dress shirt with long sleeves and a nice simple back tie was a really nice look on his slender frame.

He smiled that big Danny happy smile and she smiled back. “You look amazing Johnny.”

She blushed. “Thanks, not too much?”

“No, absolutely not…me?”

“I like it it’s definitely a change from the usual Dan look.”

“So more often then?”

“No…but on dates yeah…it’ll give us girls something to look forward too and getting to enjoy a guy that’s not too into the fact that he looks better than we do.”

Danny laughed because there was a few of them at school and not the openly gay guys or the so called metrosexuals but just those guys that were always in the mirror and always had to look cool.

“Ready to go?”

“Just give me a minute so I can tell dad we’re going.” She kissed his cheek before heading into the kitchen and she checked in with her dad who gave her some just in case of cab fare money and made sure that her phone was charged and working.

Dan even had offered his hand down her steps and opened the car door for her which was cool and she took her time getting the whole slipping into the seat right, and god it felt so right. Johnny liked the way she could feel Danny watching her do that. It made her feel pretty.

He got into the car and they drove for a bit until they got to one of the nearby malls and parked in the parking garage in a place close to the elevator or as close as Dan could get so she wouldn’t have to walk too far in the parking garage and they headed inside.

He offered his arm for her to take as they walked through the mall and they headed to the movie theatre. There were a lot of different shows playing and she smiled when he looked happy and surprised when she really wanted to see that new science fiction movie Avatar that everyone had been talking about since it had come out.

He paid which was so different and really nice and he even bought their treats. She was blushing and she really tried to just get something not too expensive. She really didn’t want to be one of those girls that broke a boy’s wallet.

But it was really nice to get the full treatment and to have him being all mannerly even if he wasn’t all like formal and stuff he was still Danny after all which actually made things better.

There were a few of the other kids there from their school and while not part of the whole alpha crowd they knew who she was and they stared at both of them a bit and while it made her really sort of shaky and nervous inside she just smiled at them and gave a few nods and hoped that they wouldn’t start spreading her secret around…not that it was a secret.

“Johnny? So where did you what to eat at after the show.”

Dan said it out loud well loud enough to hear and there were a few looks and he took her free hand with his and he gave them all a look like… go ahead say something.

There might have been people there that might have said something but there was this look there in his eyes that was nice…and it was strong…that strong on the inside thing that was actually really something once you got a look at it.

It was that same kind of brave inside stuff she had seen him showing when he was in the alley fight with Jessie.

He took her hand and the walked to the theatre room with the other people going to the show and she finally found her voice mid blush. “I’m…I’m pretty much good with anything…you didn’t make reservations or something did you?”

“No, but I’m under strict parental orders to not take a date to a fast food place.” He smiled but there was a bit of a blush there too on him which following that stand up brave showed his cute side all over again but sort of new too.

“Okay…you have anyplace you want to go?”

He smiled and there was some of the Dan mischief there. “You like diner food?”

“Don’t know I’ve never been to one before.”

Again with that smile. “Good.”

Okay it was going to be some kind of a surprise and she was and wasn’t a fan of them this actually was kind of fun to see what he had planned. He helped her to her seat and he held her things and made sure she was all settled and comfortable before sitting down with her and it made her night just a little bit more yay when she heard some of the ones that had gone to the same show and knew saying.

“Uhm hello…why are you doing that kind of stuff?”

Okay it was sort of petty and definitely sort of a teen girl assertion thing but she smiled as she sipped her diet seven up and Dan took her 3-D glasses out of the package for her.

It was such a good night so far.

*Jessie…………

Okay so he had kissed Kenyon on the cheek when he had dropped him off. It was…well it was really different. Not that he had a lot of experience with girls either and he was sort of sure this wasn’t some hormonal thing since other than his condition he didn’t really have the whole female hormone thing running through his system. Well not enough to really do that to him.

No…this just sort of felt right? He honestly had wrestled with his own ideas to his sexuality since he had started budding and it became a factor. He had even read up a lot about human sexuality trying to find an answer but after everything was said and done he wasn’t sure that he cared about the sex of someone that he was attracted to. And he liked Kenyon as a person and Kenyon had been going through his own troubles with his own sexuality.

He kissed him to well maybe show him that it was okay. That he at least was okay with Kenyon being Kenyon.

Though the after feel of that little hint of teen stubble on his lips was intriguing. And kissing his first boy on the cheek in a non-greeting way didn’t seem to cause the world to come to a screeching halt.

It was a sensation that did seem to make him think though. Or rather kind of enjoy it? Yes he’d have to say that it was actually one of the good points of the day.

He went inside and too off his shoes and set them aside on the little bench landing they had just for shoes. It was one of the things that his parents had kept as a custom from living in Japan and that was that little foyer in the front for changing your shoes and to also hang up their coats and things.

It did he had to admit saved a lot of housework. He generally though went around the house barefoot so off went the socks with the sneakers and he took his books that he knew he had assignments it to the kitchen table and he set everything up to study. He took that as a study lesson from over there too. Before you even get started your homework you set out it all to the questions and get a nice fresh page to work on for each thing and set each in a pile separately.

It seemed a lot less or that you got a lot more done as you only faced one subject at a time and then you could look at the pile of things that you did and that feeling of accomplishment helped spur you on.

I Jessie’s case he was the only one home at the moment with both parents working until later so he set up his lessons and started supper. He wanted some thing different so he looked through the pantry until he found the things he wanted and some things from the fridge and he opened and crumbled some TVP (Texture Vegetable Protein.) into a bowl and some of last night’s leftover rice and then added a small container of silken tofu and then some brown miso paste and soy sauce then his secret beef like ingredient…some cold black coffee. It added just something earthy that blended into the miso and soy sauce that reminded you of that earth flavor. He mixed it together really well it was his on the fly attempt at vegetarian hamburger it was a bit wet and loose but a few shakes of instant potatoes had that fixed.

It sounds like very Asian and stuff but his mother was trying to have them eat a few meat free meals once in awhile and honestly Jessie didn’t mind once he had the texture the way he wanted he made burger patties with it and he started on the topping for veggie burgers.

Part of the biggest part of getting people to like this kind of food was to show then t didn’t suck. The miso and the soy had enough umami to have it remind you of meat and rolling them in rice flour before you fried them made them this nice brown crispy crust.

Then toppings, lettuce and tomato sure but some really thin sliced onion and some of his favorite were carrot and cucumber and zucchini all in ribbons from just peeling them down to nothing with a hand peeler. Then the condiments were pretty simple and the standard except for the hummus and the babaganuche.

He made a salad to go on the side with mixed greens and some green and red peppers and ribbons of sweet potato like he did with the carrots.

He smiled actually impressed that he had put together a vegan meal. He was actually a pretty self sufficient person with both parents having worked and still worked he had learned to do a lot of things that it seemed a lot of the other teens especially here in American didn’t seem to know or want to know.

Jessie made a coffee with the Keurig maker and sat down and started to go through his homework getting things done to have the rest of the night to himself.

His mom made it home first followed by his dad a half an hour later and while his mom was sort of worried about him lending Dan the car his dad was okay with it because it was Jess’s car and he could do what he wanted with it as long as he knew that he was responsible for it.

After supper he and his dad worked for awhile on the finished basement that they were trying to make for the house as either a den or maybe a room for movies and stuff if he had company over. They had most of the styrofoam installed and had gotten the strapping laid across the two by fours. That was all going to be the easy stuff it’s be the drywall and mudding the drywall that would take the most time and work.

Jess headed up to his room after that and straighten things up a bit and unpacked a little more. They as a family had collected a lot of things in the different places they had lived and there even now had been a lot of things still in boxes and totes.

Actually the first thing he had to do was to put together the shelving units that his dad had got him. They were just tin and painted grey but they worked and Jess put the last of them together with the screws and bolts and fixed them to his walls for some extra support and he spent the rest of the time listening to music as he shelved his books and his manga and the little knick knacks that he had from all over.

It actually took a long time to make things look descent. He did need a few other things eventually like a potted plant or two just to put something green in there and he had a few paintings that he wanted to hang up.

It took him more time than he wanted but his room looked actually more like his room than it ever had since…well a long time. Moving around a lot had this whole semi-permanence thing that sucked. It was almost as bad as the havoc it wrought on his grades and transcripts for awhile and having friends.

Everything done he went to the bathroom and ran himself a hot bath. He added a few things to the water and undressed and eased in. Jessie smiled a little as he sighed there were somethings that his condition had that were those good and bad things…like wearing a bra…but then there’s that feeling of taking off the bra. That was a good thing and there was something to the way that the bathwater felt on his breasts that was so soothing.

He didn’t know about the bottom bit but he could see why women liked a bath or enjoyed it more than some guys did. But for Jessie there was nothing quite like a really descent soak. He sighed again and he took a long slow breath and leaned back and slid under the water and just shut out the world and let the water and the heat just let him be.

Just being was a very good thing. If you could just do that or get there for just a few minutes each day he was sure there would be a lot more happy and saner people.

He slowly sat up letting the water slick his hair back and he just laid back and listened to his music and relaxed and let his mind drift.

It went back to the kiss he had given Kenyon.

He had liked doing it actually.

But…

What if it had gone further?

Would he have liked it?

He closed his eyes as his hands drifted up with some of the warm water covering his breasts he held them and gave himself a gentle squeeze…and a caress, then massage…but in Jessie’s head he was trying to picture how this would be…how it would feel if this was Kenyon doing this to him.

His mouth opened partway…it really did feel good and it certainly felt good enough to get him aroused and hard…he was sort of habitually shy of doing things like this or he had been when he was younger but now…now there were possibilities? He had a lot more privacy too and…he arched a little pushing his breasts into his hands and his feet pointed down and flat as he caught his nipples in between his thumb and his forefinger and gently pinched…the rolled the little pointy tips…then held them again and tugged…

Oh…oh that was just amazing…and the feelings and the jolts…he had to bite at his lip from being vocal and he was torn between keeping both hands where they were or freeing a hand to send it further south…

He imagined though Kenyon there…doing this…and reaching down and Jessie pictured Kenyon’s nicely muscled body…and how it might feel to be held by someone like that where it’s the sculpted power, the whole maleness that he’d bring to the bed instead of the soft sweet smells and amazing and delicious curves of a girl.

It wasn’t turning him off and he’d have been loathe to admit to being such a guy and being all…well horn dog and a bit of a pig about it but part of the fantasy slipped into images of Johnny and Honey and even Lindsey…even if most guys might not ever reveal it or act on it they do think about sleeping with their friends.

He had to lay there breathing in an almost state of amazement? Sorta shock? He had never experienced it when everything was going and he felt the usual release he had learned from self experience but there was this other sensation there too like parts of him were humming pleasantly.

He set the was cloth he had used to catch things aside and he soaked in the water until it was cooling and he had recovered enough for a nice scrub and washed his hair and then tidied up the bathroom and headed to bed slipping into the sheets naked and snuggling up to some of his extra pillows like they were someone and he had his arm tucked around them and head resting on them.

It would actually be nice to have someone really there, to hold and to be close with. Jessie wasn’t sure if he’d ever really get to have someone to connect with though. A kiss on a cheek was one thing but more…with the way that he was might be too much for some people…for a lot of people.

He let out a sigh and settled in and decided to maybe let things be a little better while he was dreaming.

*Honey…………

It’s been a good day, there were things that had been kind of freaky and scary like Britney losing her mind over what Johnny had been wearing and the thing where Nick had been jumped that was scary, they beat him up pretty good until Lindsey came along and stood up to them.

Lindsey was actually really impressive; she wasn’t really that well off like a lot of the other kids that she knew. Times were tough in a lot of places including her home too. But despite that and despite the fact that Lindsey wasn’t curvy like the other girls she was really brave.

And that made a whole lot of difference to Honey…she had always been picked on for the opposite reasons but it was so hard to actually say stuff back to some of these people like the Moo girls.

She smiled getting into the house at the way though that Johnny had just sort of taken over and helped Lindsey with her clothes and stuff. She might be skinny and not have a lot of curves but Lindsey did have two things really going for her. One was her long straight blonde hair in that almost Nordic people kind of way and she had legs for miles. By the time Johnny had been done she looked really almost like someone else.

And then there was everything else.

Cooking off the store bought lasagne in Home Ec. And them all getting together for this whole kind of pot luck get together thing and Brian joining them and that nick guy who was really cute in this really seriously almost lethally shy way and the fact that he couldn’t really talk to people because of his stutter and him being able to use his phone and even learning to sigh from that friend of Danny’s Sam…you could see that little bit of ooooh…wait…life doesn’t completely suck?

That was still hitting her.

She was so not used to not having her life sucking all the time. And it had been too, she loved her mom but where they had lost her dad…home was sometimes a big reminder of that loss and home was sort of a refuge from school…because school had been just hell.

If someone had asked her the worst part of all of it she’d have to say it was the terrorism of being bullied. Not like the whole international bad guy stuff on TV but at the same time sort of. Both groups made their victims suffer mostly from waiting to see what they were going to do next to them…or rather her.

It hurts worse than the actually moments of bullying she’d say just because of being scared all the time and having her guard up.

She hated when bad things like school shootings or someone going postal happened but she sort of got it too. The same with teen suicides…really there’s only so much fear you can take and being on guard from being hurt all the time before that does something to you.

For Honey…she had come close to cutting…she had heard of it and she was actually pretty desperate to feel something else other than the stuff she’d been feeling. And she’d maybe have admitted to the appeal of never having to feel things too.

Less than a week, tomorrow would be the first official Friday and the first weekend of the school year and everything had changed so much.

Even her.

Being with the others, seeing them fight and stand up for things or help those that stood up for others like Johnny helping out Lindsey…it was fighting, it was fighting without the going loco and already she’d mouthed off or more like actually said something more now that she ever had in her life.

That felt good.

She did her homework and the laundry and while the weather was nice hung it out to dry. That still got them looks from the neighbours. Apparently having a clothesline and using one wasn’t done. It made you look low rent or so it’d seem. She was ignoring the looks from a few of the neighbour busy bodies.

She didn’t like some of them very much. Sure they were all nice and sweet and stuff when her dad had died after all he was a firefighter but it really hadn’t taken a year for them to have forgotten that and him and start looking at her and her mom as dirty Mexicans.

She waved at them this time and gave them a great big smile and she headed into the house and she got things to start supper but she opened the kitchen window and she looked online for some mariachi music…she really didn’t like it and it wasn’t actually her culture either.

Nope she was putting it on to piss them off a little maybe.

She smiled though as she dumped the hamburger into the pan to start browning as Mrs. Gardner was staring at the house and towards the kitchen with this frown on her face. She really didn’t know the woman that much but enough to know that since her dad died she’d been a complainer and she was still trying to set up one of those neighborhood standards things.

She put the macaroni on to boil and she danced a little bit in the kitchen window. And just maybe the hand that she had the wooden cooking spoon in it might hand had her middle finger showing.

*Lindsey…………

It had been a day for the books and she wasn’t even sure that it was going to be a good one or not. That whole thing with that asshole beating on the poor guy that was so messed up from his social anxiety disorder that he couldn’t really talk to anyone in public…just how was it fair to pick on a guy like that.

So she had to do something.

It’s when you do nothing that the assholes win.

The assholes are always doing some thing.

So she was pretty sure that because she had whacked the bastard in the kisser that there had likely been a phone call home and she was sure to get the reaming out from her parents. Her uncle/dad on her getting involved in something and that she might have been hurt and her aunt/mom with the whole tomboy thing.

Yeah they might be her Aunt Jordan and Uncle Duncan but even with them being the way they were they were heads and shoulders over her bio-parents. It's why they were Mom and Dad now.

Even with that stuff sort of looming over her head the rest of the day was actually likely the best day she’d had in school since like the seventh grade.

By the time eighth grade had rolled around she had her growth spurt and had shot up like crazy and that was about it. The rest of the girls in her class all or most of them had started to get their periods and with that cam their breasts.

They were so smug about it and the kids were total asses out of her being plain…and flat and lacking all the other curves and stuff that other girls kept getting. So either she was being teased or she was ignored…it was mostly the guys that ignored her and sometimes purposely did that and that hurt.

It’s not like she’d ever asked to be like this and she did try a lot at being a girl. She sort of had the clothes for it mind you they were sort of thrift store stuff and hand me downs and heaven forbid that someone wear something that was out of what was the current “in thing.”

It was mostly her common sense that had kept her from getting into too much trouble. She’d never really fit in with the other kids and mostly the other girls and it wasn’t just the looks either. It was her, Lindsey just never really got the girl thing…she did to a point but at the same time the whole whiny, pouty, vapid stuff that they did half of the time just hurt her brain.

Why was that the popular way to act?

Did people really like girls that used their looks to get attention and then acted way dumber than the were or not she swore it was like when they decided on being that kind of dumbassed bimbo that any brains the had got switched off and atrophied or something.

Grrr…

She didn’t really ever get the knack of make-up or any of that girl behaviour either in fact she was kind of asexual…well not she liked guys, there were some men out there that she thought were really fine.

Vin Diesel was really fine and watching him made her definitely feel her girliness but usually it was…aside from her fantasy life most people were great big friggin let downs.

Until today.

She met this ragtag group of people that actually did what they said they’d do and more than besides.

Honey…she was a nice refreshing change. The girl was this sweet shy Hispanic beauty that had these really massive breasts and curves to die for but she was this really nice girl that actually somehow never let the way that she looked get to her head.

It sucked though that she had been dumped on by a lot of the bitches in school. But it said a lot too because a girl like her so could have easily went the other way and went all vapid brain dead super bimbo and taken her place up there in the alpha food chain. She knew that there were some of the Hispanic girls in that club who were “rockin the booty.” And those girls were really not nice girls.

She supposed that’s exactly why they picked on her, cutting the weak gazelle out of the herd.

Actually all of them in the strange mismatched crowd worked even Johnny…yeah wow…Johnny she actually felt bad about not looking passed the whole bullshit about her and not trying to get to know her first.

Like a lot of the kids in school she had made a lot of assumptions and stuff about the tranny boy. Yeah she had lumped Johnny in there with that entire stereotype and she felt bad about it now because after getting to know her…yes her she was a really nice girl. Actually she was a whole lot more of a decent woman than likely half the girls in their school. She’d know all this stuff about clothes and hair and stuff and even though she hadn’t come out and openly said it.

When she had looked in the mirror at the little changes that Johnny had done and the way she had looked with the clothes and stuff her first reaction was “Holy shit.”

It was as close to feeling like a normal girl as she’d felt since puberty. It was actually really nice.

She stopped at the front door to the house and checked herself out just to sort of savor the look before going inside the house and she slipped inside and she headed to her room to try and have some peace and quiet before the lectures began and she’d gotten halfway down the hall before she heard her mom.

“Lindsey is that you?”

“Yes Mom.”

“You want to come here and tell me just what had happened at school today?”

She sighed and turned around and headed to her mom’s room and she went inside setting her books down. “There was this guy getting bullied and I just couldn’t stand there while this moron jock pounded on him for no other good reason than he could.”

Her mom was staring at her.

“What?”

Her mom got off her bed where she was looking through a catalogue and she…she…

She flailed her arms and squeed….

Squeed…

“Oh my god look at you! How! Why!” her mom hugged her and pulled her to the bed. “Okay you sooo have to tell me everything.”

Lindsey closed her eyes as she was being pulled to the bed.

Getting grounded would be less painful she was sure.

*Nick…………..

He looked up at his dad as he came through the door and his dad had asked. “Hey, are you okay? I was called by the vice principal of your school. He said some guy had beaten you up.”

Nick looked down and took off his sneakers. “I…I was. There was this guy and he was making fun of me and he tried to break my computer.”

He didn’t stutter anywhere near as much when he was at home. He looked up at his dad who had a big scowl on his face. “What the hell is going on in this damned country? You kids are there to go to school not to get beat up by a bunch of thugs that should be in juvy.”

Nick nodded and hugged his bag to his chest. “Y..Yeah…”

“Well your mom and I are headed down there right now and we’re meeting the police there too so get your things.”

“Mmm…My things?”

“Yeah I want some answers and we’re definitely pressing charges against this asshole.”

“We..we are?”

“Yes…now come on we’ll go and get your mother at work.”

He put his things back on and he had to do it slowly from the bruises. His dad was usually kind of a hard ass and pushed him to try to be more…out there…he didn’t get that people and places he didn’t know super well and he didn’t mix well.

His dad thought that if he just man’d up that he’d get over it. He knew better, his dad and his mom had been with him to all the therapy appointments and it still was sort of hooey to his dad.

They went out to the car and Nick got in the back seat and his dad looked at him as he started driving. “So did you fight back at least?”

Nick looked down….he was so close to tears why couldn’t he see that he just wasn’t him. He couldn’t be the guy that his dad seemed to think that was buried in there.

“I tried.”

His father shot him another look in the rear view mirror and made a face but just drove a bit faster.

Nick closed his eyes and leaned his head on the glass of the car door window. As if the dad didn’t just suck enough.

*Kenyon…………

The afternoon had been rough; he almost got a ticket going home because he was so distracted he ran a red light. There were no cops around so he’d been lucky that way but his mind was on Jessie.

Jessie had kissed him.

Jessie knew that he was having a hard time… (No puns please) but he had leaned over in the car and he had kissed him on the cheek.

Guys didn’t really do that outside of like cultural stuff like the french did and stuff. So him doing that was so a definite deliberate kiss.

A definite deliberate kiss.

And it had him distracted through supper and through trying to get through his homework and even when he was playing pool with his dad a bit after supper.

His dad cracked a beer and passed Kenyon one. “So…what’s up bud, you’re worse than usual tonight.”

He sipped his beer; yeah his dad was pretty open and a guy’s guys when it came to stuff. So having a chat over pool with your kid was a beer moment. Actually Kenyon didn’t mind that he actually liked beer and his dad didn’t let him drink outside of the house or away from him.

He looked at him….part of him really wanted to open up and tell him. But even if he might be okay with it he might not be either. Being gay was something else entirely when it was under your own roof.

“Nothing much just thinking about someone.”

“Cute?”

“Uhm……” he though and had all these images in his head from gym and the showers and the car. “Uhm…actually really cute.”

“Oh…snap so you’re finally getting some action!” His dad looked and seemed really excited. It nearly made him cringe.

“I dunno, it was just a kiss on the cheek.”

“Oh…but you like her right?”

Kenyon took several large swallows of beer and just nodded.

“Well it’s a start just be yourself and don’t overthink it, overthinking stuff it’s like the worst thing you can do.”

His dad’s motto for sure.

“Okay, I won’t.”

They didn’t say much after that but he could so tell his dad was as happy as it got and even when he left to go to his room he was sure that his dad was bragging the whole thing up to his mom.

He took an extra long shower and went to bed early…maybe he’d be able to get some sleep after tossing and turning and not sleeping the other night.

……………………………………………………..He was so surprised by the kiss and the way that Jessie smelled, he smelled good, nice and he smelled like more.

He reached out and caught him by the wrist as he was leaving the car and Jessie looked back at him with those sexy eyes and some of his long dark hair had come loose from its pony tail and drifted in front of his face.

He had to.

He just had to.

“Kenyon?” Jessie asked and it was almost this sexy quiet whisper.

He didn’t say anything but pulled Jess into the car by his wrist and all the way in until Jess had slid into the car and was resting on his lap.

The look of surprise on Jessie’s face made his eyes all that more sexy, handsome…but more than that…there was this bit of vulnerability there that he could see because Jessie had been hurt before.

He cupped the side of Jessie’s face and slipped his thumb over those sweet lips and he shivered himself as Jessie’s mouth opened in this autoerotic response…god it gave him this shy wanton look that was just.

He leaned in and pinned jess to the steering wheel and he kissed him…he kissed him hungrily and deeply then slowed it down to deliberately and softly and over and over again and Jessie’s hand slid down his ab’s and to his pant’s and pulled him free.

“Jess…Oh Jess…please yes…”

Kenyon’s eyes flickered open as his body took an arch then pumped…into his hand and this long whine came out of him as all the other times he’d done this paled in just how…just how boiling over he was right now.

He fell back panting and he wasn’t seeing spots or stars but those eyes from his dream and he groaned in longing and frustration and pulled his pillow over his face.

*Johnny…………

The movie had quite honestly blown her away; she had always like science fiction and stuff but had always been closer to being a fantasy fan more than that and liked some of the modern horror stuff like on TV too.

C’mon who doesn’t like Supernatural?

The movie was way better than even the hype and it had actually made the date that much better and it had been really good right up to that. But there were little things that made her smile during the movie that had nothing to do with watching it.

Like sharing popcorn and touching hands.

Yeah it was corny as heck but sometimes corny and cliché just work.

After the movie she went to the restroom and there were a few of the girls there that had seen her and knew her or had that knowledge spread about her and she got a lot of looks and some of them were dirty.

A couple of girls she didn’t know were muttering and were getting madder and madder and looked like they were really going to say or do something. She heard one say. “Freak…fucker shouldn’t be here.”

One of the girls from school was nodding and whispering in that one’s ear and Johnny looked at her. “I’ve got a legal right to use the bathrooms just like any other girl Melisa.”

The one she had been talking to took a step towards her. “Like fuck you do get the fuck out of here before…”

“Before what? You and these other girls jump me?”

She got a predatory look on her face and smiled at Johnny and looked to her friends. They were definitely getting that same look.

Johnny reached into her purse and in one hand she took out her lipstick and in the other hand she took of her can of pepper spray. She smiled and re-did her lipstick as Melisa and company backed off. “You can’t have that!” Melisa squawked pissed and scared.

Johnny used her pinky to wipe away a little extra lipstick getting things just right. She didn’t even really look at them instead using the mirror to keep them in sight. “Sure I can Missy, see the thing is this isn’t school, I can actually have something to keep people like you from jumping me because they’re bigoted bitches and closeted lesbians.”

Melisa glared and was trying to think of something to say but Johnny turned and stared and smiled at then and backed her way out of the bathroom. “Later ladies it’s been fun.”

She left heading as fast as she could to meet up with Danny and he looked at her and took her hand and started walking. “What happened, you’re upset?”

“Effing bigots….some of the girls got some of the other girls all pissed off about me using the ladies room.”

“You have every right to use it too.” He sounded a bit offended, offended and concerned.

“Yeah well apparently to them you need a uterus to take a damned pee.” She sniffled.

They quickly went to the car and Dan pulled out pretty fast too and he started driving and he was she thought actually looking for trouble? Yeah they might have had boyfriends…just great…just effing great she thought.

It brought up some bad memories and a lot of hurt feeling and she didn’t want this to happen, she really didn’t. She started to sniffle and tears came shortly after.

“Dammit…I hate this…” (Sniffle.) She looked over to him. “God Danny I’m sorry, I’m muffing this all up aren’t I?”

He stopped the car at the lights and he reached over and he pulled her across the seat to him and smiled at her. He gave her a light kiss on the lips. “No, not at all Johnny, you didn’t do this they did.”

(Sniffle.) “Are you sure?”

“Yeah I’m sure…hey just lean here on me and I’ll fix this.”

(Sniffle.) “Fix it?”

“Trust me.”

She looked him in the eyes when her asked her that and he looked her back and he really did seem to know what he was asking from her…she could see it in his eyes and that honest sweet and still goofy sort of smile he had on.

“Okay…”

Johnny leaned on him and dabbed at her eyes and even closed them for a bit as he drove and he finally stopped the car. She wasn’t really familiar with the part of town they were in but they were close to the interstate and they were parked in front of this old styled diner with the big windows and all the neon and stuff.

“We’re here.”

“Okay…I’m not really hungry now…”

“They have cake….”

(Sniffle.) “I like cake.”

He did the gentlemanly thing again and that actually felt good even after the thing with Missy and them and he opened the door to the diner and they went inside and got a booth down at the far end of the place near one of those old fashioned jukeboxes.

Okay half way into a slice of really good red velvet cake and a few sips of a strawberry milkshake and she was smiling at him again.

“Thanks Danny, this…this helped a lot.”

He smiled. “I’m glad.” Then he got up and he went to the jukebox and he put some money in and it started to play. He reached over and he pulled her up to her feet and started dancing to these old songs from the fifties and the sixties with her and a few other people that were there dining as couples did the same….

It was…

(Sniffle-Glomp.) “Danny…”

“Hmmm….”

“Thank you for making it better.”


 
 
To Be Continued...

up
240 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sweet date

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

That was a really sweet date between Johnny and Danny, despite the ladies room bigotry, and I loved the dancing at the end. It's just so nice to see Johnny live and breathe and enjoy things that so many people take for granted. It was heartbreaking to read what had happened to Johnny... to Jennifer... in the past. I'll be honest and say I don't quite get the whole owning the old name bit despite the new gender presentation and part of me really wants to see Johnny reclaim Jennifer and not let the bigots win that forced her to abandon the name. Maybe in the future Johnny will get another chance to be Jennifer again. Still, either way it's good to see a character who was in such a world of hurt live life again. :-)

As for the others, a mixed bag of problems. Honey is struggling with the concept of being happy. Lindsey has the problem of conforming with parental expectations (looking more feminine) while at the same time failing them (getting into a fight) which I think will be more embarrassing than anything. *giggle* For Nick however, it's much harder and while clearly his father cares for him there is serious dis-connectivity between the two that is somehow going to be needed to be tackled. And then there is Jessie and Kenyon, which could go many ways at this point. Another date between two squires perhaps?

Interesting and enjoyable chapter Bailey.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Missy..

just got reality slapped. what works in high school does not mean squat in real life sometimes. go johnny!
great chapter, you have a lot going on here.
thanks

Reflection

We had the action and now here is the reflection. I really like the pacing in this one as well as the structure. It's very good and helps a lot just pulling me right into the story and these teens' lives.

Great stuff!
hugs
Grover

Yayness

Elsbeth's picture

Two Bailey chapters in one day, what else can a girl ask for. (well quite a lot actually :))

Nice to see the date. I like Johnny and hope one day she can be Jennifer again. Both of them are really sweet but Dan is a true gentleman, so rare these days.

Lindsey, well so much for the stern talking to, coming in all girlish. Loved it.

Honey, she is getting her groove.

Nicks, his parents do care which is nice however there is definitively a whole disconnect thing going on. I don't think the dad is stupid, like many, the whole thins is just too outside his comfort zone for him to believe it. Suck it up, why cant he be just like me and man up? *sigh* his dad just doesn't get it.

Jessie and Kenyon yep, working things out.

*hugs*

-Elsbeth

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.

Great updaAAWWWW!

Loved this update - especially the date! It was just - d'awwww!
How sweet!
What a dream come true!
Ending with them dancing, too. OK Bailey - I know you love some of the oldies. What song were they dancing to?
**Sigh**

Words may be false and full of art;
Sighs are the natural language of the heart.
-Thomas Shadwell

That was a long one.

Extravagance's picture

I wonder if Kenyon would appreciate a "long one" on Jessie? :)

Catfolk Pride.PNG

Wondertastic

(Sniffle-Glomp.) “Danny…”

“Hmmm….”

“Thank you for making it better.”

Love this story! :}

Vivien

Making waves

Jessie's impact on the school is like the proverbial stone in a pond - making ripples / waves that are spreading out to the whole school community. The previously meek social outcasts and favourite targets of the school bullies have been given an incentive to stand up and be assertive as well as gaining / improving their self-confidence; while the Alphas are starting to find out they can no longer get away with anything and everything (largely due to the video footage forcing the school administration's hand).

As we're seeing with these after-school glimpses into the lives of those who've been influenced by Jessie, the increased self-confidence doesn't just apply to standing up to bullies - it extends throughout their lives and gives them a more positive outlook on life.


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Oh Bailey.......

Just lovin' it! Had me in happy tears through most of it. So Ms. Summers are there any more visits in your future to the VP's office? Hmmmm?(giggles Taarpa)! Big Hugs Hon!

Gr8 D8!!!

Ole Ulfson's picture

So we've got all these wonderful kids just trying to be themselves while they're learning just who that might be. Then you have The bullies and other assorted assholes, young and adult, trying to maintain the status quo ante. Have I got that about right?

My life experience tells me the only thing you can count on is change, and status quo is a moving target. I love the story so far.

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!

Not school lives

Jamie Lee's picture

This chapter was a nice insight to the out of school lives of those who've taken a stand and stood up to the gutter sloths.

School is easy to figure out when there is nothing but bulling occurring. But learn about home lives give a depth to the characters which school life can't.

But what about the gutter sloths home lives? Could they be encountering something at home which is causing them to lash out at school because it's the only outlet they see to rid themselves of hurt and frustrations? It could be they are the ones at home who are the bottom of the heap and being unmercifully abused.

If so, what better way to get out frustrations the do unto others?

Others have feelings too.