Little Known TV Crime Dramas

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Other Keywords: 

Permission: 



Little Known TV Crime Dramas


Television Programmes from the United States and the United Kingdom that were destined to be favourites but for that one pesky little detail. TV doesn't always mean television, aye?


In the past fifty or so years, crime drama has been a very popular genre' for television programming. Particular attention should be paid to the sub-genre of transgendered detectives, police officers, Inspectors and generally all-around dicks without dicks. Here are a few shows that gained a modicum of popularity when they first graced the small screen.



mcmillan.jpg

A spinoff of the popular NBC Mystery Movie, McMillan as Wife is the story of the former police commissioner of San Francisco who retires in favor of keeping house after settling down as a post-op domestic engineer.


Holmes.JPG

Fun ensued on BBC2 for a single season in this latest take on Conan-Doyle's detective. Holmes discovers the joys of chastity and servitude en femme to Professor Moriarty's sister Mavis.


csi.jpg

You may remember this programme from the early 2000's; although if you blinked you might have missed it. Crime scene investigations occur all over the world, but none as fabulous as the runways of Milan, si?


CHARLI.jpg

This show, a revival of a popular programme from the early 70's, changed the face of television with a drama about three transgendered mathematicians who solved crimes by use of logic and geometry.


law.jpg

Yet another spinoff of the popular NBC crime drama franchise, Law and Dora portrayed the struggles of an newcomer in the undercover operations in a Manhattan vice squad. Richard Belzer made yet another appearance as the iconic Detective John Munsch; this time as Dora's supervisor and ex-boyfriend.


lynley.jpg

A new take on a very popular crime drama from the UK, The Inspector Lynley Mysteries, Book Two picks up as Tommy has gone solo after Havers quits the department to open an antique store in Birmingham. Tommy changes his name to Tammy and picks up right where he....she left off.


murder.jpg

This show lasted only four episodes before it was cancelled; most blamed the cancellation on the lack of advertisement, but it did enjoy a rejuvenation of sorts on the net. From 2009, this program portrayed the adventures of Jessica Fletcher's grandson Timmy; erstwhile detective and pre-operative trannsexual maven of the internet.


miami.jpg

In the 90's, Crockett and Tubbs go undercover as owners of a florist's shoppe and drug distribution center. After the 'sting' was completed, both detectives discovered that they enjoyed being 'special' girls, to use an absolutely hackneyed phrase.


parsley.jpg

Not as popular as another similarly titled mystery programme, Parsley and Sage portrayed the adventures of Parsley Smith-Jones, a genetic girl from Bristol, and Sage Crocetti, her former boy friend and the girl of her dreams and their gardening and sleuthing in Sussex. The show lasted all of three episodes when it was discovered that they had been portraying tomatoes as vegetables, when everyone knows that tomatoes are actually fruit...fruits....oh you get what I mean.


PM.jpg

Last in a long line of adaptations from the popular Earle Stanley Garner series, Gerri Mason was known most notably for Gerri's posturing before the court and the camera while making silly remarks about her briefs.


and finally...

Catwalk.jpg

Based in 1920's Asbury Park, New Jersey, this show, from HBO, portrayed the undercover work of Sgt. Andy Petrocelli. No one had the heart to tell him that he wasn't really required to go femme for the undercover operation, but as he was thrilled to be a flapper anyway, no harm, and certainly no foul.


up
93 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

lolololol!

Ok, Drea how am I supposed to explain to the whole house why I am laughing so hard. I mean rolling on the floor scaring the dog kind of laughter. Gasping for breath smiles, Jenn.


I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair

Great Stuff ^^

Nice snippets hon. You have something of the same humor as I do :D

WooHoo!

Sephrena

9314ac39.jpg

Thank you once again,

Extravagance's picture

for sharing your wonderful wit with us. ^_^
*SnoggleHappytailswish* <3

Catfolk Pride.PNG

Where do you

Dear Andrea

Where do you think this zaniness up? You are truly unique to think of doing something like this and then actually creating it. Bravo!

Rami

RAMI

thanks for giggles

best way to end my day.

DogSig.png

You forgot

...Drag-net! (Or is it Drag-nut?) **Sigh**

Words may be false and full of art;
Sighs are the natural language of the heart.
-Thomas Shadwell

Love, love this

Made my day! Would have loved to have watched each of those shows!

Love ya,

Torey

Love, love this

Made my day! Would have loved to have watched each of those shows!

Love ya,

Torey

Parsley and Sage?

I readily admit I haven't read all your punny stories about life but the wons I have read are definately groaners!

oops.....so sorry dear drea (anagrams anyone?) groaners? But I am convinced that puns are the lowest form of humor, unless of course they are yours!

Your vineyards of life are all whiners..I meant winners! Dadgum keyboard anyway!

At whatever cost, I enjoy them greatly, so please keep submitting them! I readily admit that my imagination goes no farther than copying, as I cannot write my way out of an open sided, open ended pole barn!

All your stories I have read so far are included in my favorites!

Now if there were a couple of pet animals actually doing the righting (there I go again, dog gone it!)...awwwww, forget it anyway! Just keep them coming!

And by the way, "The Four Seasons" was NOT composed by Vivaldi! "The Four Seasons" was actually composed by Frankie Valley! What Vivaldi is famous for is his composition "The Four Seasonings," aka "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme"

Gawds, what drivel I write!

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm

:-)

Some fit better than others, as is usual... But, all quite clever, also as usual.

Thank you... I might even watch some of those shows. LOL

Annette

imagination

Is everyone totally bonkers where you live or is it a localised phenomenon?

Good to have a laugh just before bedtime.

S.

T.V.

Hmm, I wonder how re-makes of Ba Ba Black Sheep, Rat Patrol and Hogan's Hero's would work out :)

Yes, I know, I just seriously dated myself with those references seeing as how I used to watch all of those shows on prime time as well as "Combat!". In fact, watching Rat Patrol gave me my love of the Australian Slouch. This is the hat that Christopher George wore all the time on the show.

I dunno...

Both my daughters absolutely LOVED Hogan's Heros... And, they're 16 and 25. BTW - did you know that when Hogan was done (6 seasons), the same sound stage and crew were used for M*A*S*H... :-)

Other shows include McHale's Navy, F-Troop, etc.

Annette

Colonel Hogan, you vill be feminized!

laika's picture

I didn't know *MASH* used the same sound stage, but I knew they snuck onto the Hogan's Heroes set at night and filmed the soft-porn movie ILSA, SHE WOLF OF THE SS, which I never saw but it sounds kinda weird to me. And the "tg version", oh gosh ........ well it might fly at FM.

.
The closest approximation to what it's like in my brain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u08E7c-FRbU&t=4s

What a...

wonderful way to begin any part of the day!!! I even know most of the references!!! :D I adore your wonderful sense of humor and we really haven't seen enough of it...at any time!!!

Always thoughts of you...

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrat

PKB_003b.jpg

XD!

I loved this! CSI Milan is my kind of show:) lol lololololol!

Peace!
Cindilee

Ms. DiMaggio..

(giggles) I think some of the networks could really use some of these idea's you have here! Nice Drea! (Hugs) Taarpa