The Death of Angels - 2

Printer-friendly version
If I go under the covers tonight... would I be back in my world?
I did not want to chance ending my time as a girl...I am tired
and would love to rest and wake to a new day as Glory...

but would I?

The Death of AngelsChapter 2

by Jessica C.

Copyright © 2013 Jessica C All Rights Reserved.

 


Image Credit: Picture purchased and licensed for use from 123rf.com. The model(s) in this image is in / and are no way connected with this story nor supports nor conveys the issues and situations brought up within the story. The model(s) use is solely used for the representation of looks of the main character(s) of this particular story. ~Sephrena


 
Previously:
 
The house where Glory/Ronnie surfaces from the bed exists in 1856 (pre-Civil War) near Salem, Massachusetts, it began as a house and safe haven for sojourners. Historically we, Ronnie, see it as part of the ‘Underground Railroad’ in the pre-Civil War era. It's presence however, dates back to the beginning of this colony in the 1600s and to the present.

Glory and Susanne are living in 1856. The original Glory and Abigail date back to the time of the Salem Witch Trials in the 1600s. The house first acted as a safe haven for those fleeing radical Puritanism; Native Americans from colonialists who did not know historically that the native Americans were friends and crucial to many who migrated there from England for their survival, to being there for those subject to witch hunts. It also included the poor, those of other religious origins as well as the sick.

I hugged Mom/Susanne and knew, Susanne and I were not alone tonight. “So I am a descendant of an angel, neat?” I paused and thought about it, “I think.”… “You are right to think about that,”she said. Then she told me to get ready for bed and then I could read…

As I got ready for bed I noticed a spot of blood and told Susan. Susan said, "You had begun to menstruate; you’re becoming a young woman. There's a kettle of hot water on the stove get it and poured in a basin and wash yourself well. We will clean this after that." She got out a cloth belt, I put on and Susan pinned a bulky piece of cloth to it, placing it between my legs and pinned it back again to the belt. I put on my night shirt, while others could not see it I could feel its presence…

“You will need to check it and we will need to change it at times during the next few days." I was getting a taste of what it literally meant to be ‘on the rag’; I'm glad she did not tell Dad.

I read a book with the letters of Abigail Adams, wife of John Adams… until I was ready for bed. Mrs. Adams showed she was well educated, strong in thought and expression and did indeed influence his thinking and encouraged him…He had the courage of his convictions, knowing her support…If I get back to My life I will have to check this out; it would make for a great paper…

I wondered several times during the day; if I go under the covers tonight…would I be back in my world? I did not want to chance ending my time as a girl… I am tired and would love to rest and wake to a new day as Glory…
 
 
Chapter 2
 
When I woke, it was no dream; I was still Glory and in her bed of long ago. There was the unpleasant reality of a cloth that I needed to change, but I was up in time to save my nightshirt and the cloth under me. The water in the picture for washing was now cold, but I did what was needed and dressed for the day.

There was no closet or chest of drawers with an abundance of clothes. I had three dresses, while none were real fancy; I could tell one was for Sundays, the Sabbath as Suanne calls it. I dressed in my work smock, drank a cup of water and went out of my room. Mom told me to bundle up and go out and help dad.

=^_^=


I went out and called Laddie but he didn’t come; I heard him and the cows coming up from the pasture, Dad had got them this morning. I went to the ice house and got an empty container for today’s milk. This morning I set up the milking stations; Pails and stools for milking and hay for the cows to eat. I would milk the cows in the center station. I knew enough to shew away Mollie and other cows from getting ahead of Daut.

When we were done, everything was readied for the afternoon and the fresh milk placed in the ice house. We’d take time to eat, but not too much as dad had a milk route. Breakfast was good, It was hot and a big meal today.

Dad said I was to go with him. It made it easier if I stayed with the horse and wagon as he poured out the milk needed at each house. Most did not pay him today, but some meat, corn or meal was handed over by others. Most of the cheese and milk was delivered to town a general store, an inn as well as the café.

Town kids were going to school, Pa said, “Glory next year you’ll need to be up earlier if you want to go to school in town.” When we got to my country school, most of the other students were already there. Though, Bobby and Hank were usually late; having more chores and living farther away. Dad held out to me a ribbon for my hair, which I tied in a ponytail before saying goodbye.

Ha, it was a little country school with desks or tables of different sizes, tablets for writing. Only two rows had ink, mine was one of them. Miss Gail started the day with prayer, instructions, and questions about yesterday’s lessons. I guess I am a pretty smart student and good in cooperating. I was not used to a teacher smiling at me and for saying answers correctly.

Margaret, Todd, and I were to help younger students. Somehow I knew what I was to do. When she spoke I helped Molly and little Billy to follow along when she was teaching them, numbers or the alphabet. Bobby and Hank were now present that meant I had to watch my hair and ribbon when I sat in front of them.

When it was our turn to be taught, each of us took turns in reading. It wasn’t hard to know who were in lower grades or had more trouble. Miss Gail did not do as was asked, to pass over poor readers. It was not always pretty to listen, but she knew those kids would probably only go up to 8th grade and needed to learn here.

We were proud of our country school, Adams School; more of us made it into the town school and did well at the end of year competition. I would be lucky because most girls were not encouraged or allowed to go to the town school. Some would even be married during the coming year.

I had to show Miss Gail how much more I read in my book and explain what I learned. Our state was proud of the Adams for being Presidents and our place in history. However, most didn’t like memory work. Miss Gail was different in thinking girls should learn. She reminded girls, “If your husband dies, you better be able to speak up for yourself and family.”

I had a hard-boiled egg and cheese for lunch as usual. They were what we had and the hard-boiled egg was easy to carry. Playtime was mostly talking time as in eighth grade it was not always good to do little kid stuff. I did help to push kids on the swing, help a small one down from a tree or help stop an argument.

=^_^=


When school was out I knew to hurry home as I had to help with milking. I looked at my hands and while they were prettier than a boy’s, they were not like those of the girls in town. Even most girls in the country have chores but did not do much farm work if they had brothers. By then I knew how to ride a horse, read books and would get to go to school in town because my grades are good and my parents think it is important.

When I got home Mom was surprised to see me in the milk barn. “Is not today, Thursday why aren’t you over to play with Abby?” I hadn’t remembered Glory had Thursdays to play. I should have gone there by another way from school.

But today I felt yucky and needed to change something any way. I went inside and heated up some water. First I made tea for Mom and Dad and took them some bread and cheese curds. Then I went and changed out of my clothes, washed and changed my cloth. Having fresh clothes on, felt good and I have decided to stay home and read.

=^_^=


I had a diary that I also wrote in. I notice it had been a week since I last wrote in it. I looked back a month and saw Mom had me write the first time I bled. That time I was happier to be a woman. This time I wrote ‘It smells worse when there is more blood and I knew why I felt worse.

I am reading about Abigail Adams, I wonder if my Mom or Abby were named for her. I write that I do not feel like myself; I wonder in the future if I will remember why? The name Ronnie might not be important to you then.’

Mom was in the house and looked over my shoulder. “I like how you said that. I wonder if you will remember or be the same,” she said.

“Mom, could we have potato soup tonight?” I asked

She asks, "Glory please cut a piece of ham off in the ice house and bring it in and get a half pail of potatoes as well. ‘Ha, I got my wish.’ Mom is a good cook and her soups are great. I didn’t mind peeling potatoes when I got what I wanted. Mom was cooking the potatoes a little and I got the milk to be used. I set the table and was free again to read.

Dad was upset as one of the cows was sick and needed to be placed in a stall and kept away from the others. It meant one less cow to milk and it would take a while to know if she was really sick or pregnant. Dad spoke about when the bull got out and hoped not too many cows would calf. “More than one more and I may need to look for another milk cow or we will have to make do with less income for a while.”

If she and others got sick it would be a lot worse. I heard Dad and Mom talk about that possibility.

=^_^=


After dinner as it began to get dark, there was a knock on the door, but when Mom answered no one was there. A while later the same thing happened again. This time when no one was there Dad took a rifle and went out to check the barn and yard. When he came back there were a black man and woman with him.

They spoke good English which was unusual for a slave. They said, “We are Abraham and Mary.” Susan quickly asked them in so she could close the door. “We have been living and working in Boston but a Southern posse had come to take us back for as runaway slaves.” He explained he had bought Mary’s freedom but was told that might not hold up in a southern court if she did in fact even receive a trial. Though he had been free for seven years, the 1850 Compromise Act superseded state protection.

Mom had put out some rolls and cheese and poured milk for them to eat. Dad had opened the floor door to the cistern and moved a beam holding a collapsing wall. The beam, however, held boards over a hole and entrance to a secret room under the house. It was where Abraham and Mary would stay tonight. Dad and Abraham tried to backtrack and make a trail going to the ocean to the north, hoping to have time to double back.

It was very dark when Dad and Abraham got back. Mary was already in the secret room and Abraham soon joined her. Abraham said their boys were already to a ship to take them to England, but the ports were being watched for the parents so they would need to travel from Canada.

Now I knew what Abby’s mother meant about me sleeping over someone. She thought they were hidden in the cistern. Come morning they were let up into the house, but dad would check the roads. Men with dogs to the north were watching three roads. Dad received the news from the church and came home. Abraham and Mary would stay another night. Laddie would stay in the house after evening chores.

Dad had taught me how to place the beam in the cistern back in place in case of an emergency and we needed to hide them. “Glory, if that is needed you go completely into the water as you will need to say you fell into the water.” It was early evening when strangers came six men and dogs; they wanted to search the house and farm. I never saw Laddie get so angry with Dad’s command. Dad restrained him but did not ask him to calm down.

I was scared and showed it. Dad and Mom were scared but looked very upset. Though Dad said no they checked the rest of the farm. Dad could not protect the farm and the house. “If you find someone hiding takes them and be gone. I have no love for slavers, but I will not break the law. If you damage my property I will get the authorities to arrest you for payment.” Dad was antsy the rest of the night, but he would not leave the house to check the farm till morning.

They did do damage, but they did not find Mary and Abraham. It was another day before the men headed back south, but they paid for their damages, over $25 to our farm. New England law did not sympathize with southern posses. Sunday when we went to church the someone watched our wagon believing we might be carrying the man and woman. A friend Russell Cook took Abraham and Mary in another direction to freedom.

It was said that the posse's slave wagon had eight people being taken back south. It was said slaves were valued at $600-700 per person. That made Abraham and Mary very valuable; if Abraham and Mary had more children, that would make them that much more valuable in being taken back.

=^_^=


I waited two more nights before tunneling under the covers but it was not until the second night I find there was a breeze and the portal was open.

When I woke up in Shalom it was Sunday morning and the old woman, Ms. Jenkins, was not surprised to see me. “Boy, you had me worried till the fever broke last night. I have washed your clothes and I think you better get out of that girl's nightshirt before I take you back.”

“I called your family yesterday and told them where you were and that you were sick. I suspect if they tried to take you home you might have died then since you weren’t all here.” I was not sure exactly what she meant, but I was not certain I wanted to know.

After I changed and she fed me, she drove her 1940 Ford out of the garage and gave me a ride home. My brothers had gone to Sunday school, but my parents had not left yet for church when we stopped at the house. I wanted to go in alone, but Ms. Jenkins said she was talking to my parents.

She spoke calmly but when my Dad showed some anger toward me she spoke up. “Mr. Gaines, I don’t think you want to get angry with the boy. I am a scary old lady to some and if you hurt the boy, you too should be scared of me.”

Dad took offense at what she said and Mom defended Dad. “I have some pictures being developed that you might not want authorities to see?” she said plainly. Dad asked and then demanded to know where they were. Later he offered her money. She never did reply, and while my parents were not happy they treated me more civilly.

Mom and Dad were upset with me after Ms. Jenkins left, but they did not hit me. I told them when I ran away I was sick with a fever and that old lady Jenkins helped me. I felt bad about calling her ‘old lady’ Jenkins but Dad didn’t guess that I really liked her.

=^_^=


Mid-afternoon after Sunday dinner I cut through some yards and made my way over to Gloria Peace’s house.

I thought I better introduce myself as I was sure she wouldn’t recognize me. One, she was a very good student and probably didn’t know us rowdy kids; second, I was behaving and acting with manners which few had seen before. Her mother came to the door and invited me in when I asked for Gloria. I told Gloria “Happy Birthday!” Then I handed her three flowers out of my mother’s flower bed. I knew two were tulips but the other was yellow and looked like the mouthpiece to an old telephone.

I looked at her Mom and I didn’t see any glow or wings, so I was wondering if I should say anything. “Gloria, this might sound crazy but I need to ask. Do you know if there is an angel in you?”

She said, “Are you trying to be sweet on me? Why would you ask a question like that?” I was told once, ‘You know when someone does not want to answer a question if they answer with another question?’ Well, Gloria gave me two questions so I just stared.

She took me by the hand and took me outside, telling her mother, “If Judy comes to tell her we are out back.” Next thing I knew we were swinging on a swing set. Well, I had never been swinging with a girl unless we were at a family gathering.

She asked, “Do you know something you’re not telling me?” She paused and commenced to tell me about her Aunt who visited her on her 12 birthday. “Aunt Susanne said I was named for a great, great, great something grandmother.” I described Mom Susan and Gloria asked, “How do you know my Aunt Susanne?”

“Do you know where your Aunt Susanne lives?”

“She said, my ancestor Glory moved back to Plymouth after her mother died. Do you believe that my namesake Glory Cook lived in Plymouth? That was the good news; the bad news there were no Cooks who came over on the Mayflower.”

I said, “But Abigail Hopkins did. It is harder to follow the women of a family. Stephen Hopkins daughter married a Cook who came to the colony about five years later after they came on the Mayflower.” I changed the subject, “Do you know who Abigail Adams was and that she wrote a book of letters?”

Gloria asked, “You don’t think I am also related to a President? Abigail Adams wrote the letters, but I don’t think she ever knew they would be put into a book.” Gloria paused, “Ronnie, how do you know these things? I don’t mean to be cruel but you don’t act much like a student in school.”

Judy announced herself as she came into the backyard. She was surprised to see who Gloria was talking to. Judy had a sharp tongue. “Ronnie, Mrs. Peace said Gloria was back here with a young gentleman, I’m surprised to see it was you.” Ouch, that hurt.

I thought I overstayed my welcome so I excused myself, but Gloria said not yet. I don’t know why I stayed, as we went into the house and watched Walt Disney. It wasn’t Davy Crocket or 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I got to watch Cinderella with two girls and a mom. Her dad was there but as a husband, he had to be.

When Mrs. Peace served us popcorn, I relaxed and thought of being Glory and thought how neat of an experience it would be for Glory to watch television with Gloria. I politely excused myself at the end of the program and then cut back through the yards and got back home.

My brother and sister were surprised when I came home and even more surprised by the peaceful evening we had as a family. Come Monday for a change, I wanted to go to school. Our history teacher was surprised when I spoke concerning the Civil War. He said it was President Lincoln who strong-armed the North to take a stand against the South, but I protested. I said the southern states angered the northern states pressing the use of the Fugitive Act though they had had not signed most of the 1850 Compromise.

Mr. Branch accused me of disturbing the class; he also wanted to know who gave me my false information. When I spoke of Abraham and Mary’s flight to Canada, he said I had a vivid imagination. I should have known being a good student did not bode well for me.

Dad was again upset with me when I got home. Mom had gotten a call from school and Dad was called home to take care of me. That he did as things were back to normal as Dad beat on me and I beat it out of the house. I hoped I would mislead them as I ran in a different direction from the house toward two other areas I was known to hide.

=^_^=

I waited for sundown before I knocked on Ms. Jenkins’ back door. My parents and the police had already been there, she was not surprised when I finally did come to her door. She gave me a bowl of soup and I asked for Glory’s nightshirt and went to bed early. I tunneled under the top sheet to no avail.

It wasn’t until 9:30 p.m. when the police knocked at the door; I felt the draft under the covers. I don’t think Ms. Jenkins was surprised when the bed was found to be empty. I had turned around when I got to the other side. I wanted to know she was alright.

=^_^=


I woke up on Tuesday, at my home with Susan and Daniel Cook, but it was now the first week of May. The calm of peace was disturbed that night with a couple coming to the house seeking refuge. Their story was slavers had warrants for their arrest for helping Abraham and Susan to escape from Boston.

Mom muffled my speech when I sought to speak. Dad was not comfortable with their story. Mom had given them some cheese and rolls, but they were blindfolded when dad took them into a hiding place in the barn. It was well after we went to bed when men once again came in search of Dad’s hideaway.

Laddie was again in the house, but the men threatened to break their way in anyway. Dad held his ground and yelled that they were not free to search the farm. It bought him some time as they searched the farm and found the couple in the barn.

Dad was accused of not only hiding this couple but Abraham and Mary. Dad was angry and demanded the men get the authorities in Salem to make the arrest. It would be sunrise before the sheriff was out and by then we were milking the cows, and almost finished.

The sheriff had investigated the first incident so he waited for the accusers to share all their evidence against dad. He checked the search warrant and knew it came from a magistrate sympathetic to slavers, but also outside the district of his authority. The couple gave evidence of clothing they found from them in the barn hideaway, which they said were the property of Abraham and Mary. Dad, the Sheriff, and his deputies knew the haystack when the Posse came and searched were not located where they were hiding the night before. The Sheriff took two people in for giving false information.

He told them they lied with false testimony and that the law here did not have much sympathy for slavers.

I was too nervous to go to school. When everyone left except a few friends, Mom and Dad thanked me and said they were proud of me. I broke down and cried. I knew I came so close to speaking up several times. I could have been responsible for my dad to be arrested. Bad things would have happened to him.

I was afraid of God because I came so close to getting one of his angels killed. Mom visited with me in my room and told my fears were not warranted. But I had not told her of why I was afraid of and yet she knew. She told me, “Daniel is not an angel but he is as precious to God as anyone I know.

“Your father does not know you have been a time traveler. Glory has been living here but until you came, she was without joy, it was like her life did not have a spirit and soul. Now that you are here she has both and will remain.

“But what happens to Glory if I go back?” I asked.

“Do you want to go back?” Susan asked. I paused for I knew I didn’t save to see Gloria.

‘Gloria is now as your great, great, great-granddaughter and you are Glory. The portal will not open again unless God would want Glory to travel as such and that is very, very unusual.”

“But you were with your sister and you have been to see Gloria back where I came from.”

“I have not seen Gloria yet, though I know she lives, because you told me, and I knew it was true,” Susan said. “Did you see me there? Glory, it may be hard for you to understand but an angel is not God. I am not all-knowing nor do I know the future unless God would reveal it to me.”

“Glory, Ronnie too was a descendant of an angel. But when that angel died your family not only stopped believing, they became absorbed in bitterness and the light of their spirit went out. Remember when you recognized I was an angel and when you saw Gloria did you see a glow about her. There was another you, you have seen as well.”

“Ms. Jenkins was she an angel, once when I woke there was a glow about her and she knew so much.” I wondered about her.

“Yes, I believe you are correct. I think she might be Angelina; who was first with William Penn and then with your General Washington north of Philadelphia.”

“Glory, would you open your mouth and your eyes wide? God wants me to blow the angelic spirit back upon you” I did and Susanne did. I could feel a tingle in my eyes, nostrils and in my mouth going down my throat.

Mom talked to me, saying I would not see many angels or others with a strong spirit. My love and appreciation for nature, especially the ocean and two smaller bays were my favorite and my love grew. My appreciation and ability to enjoy such grew at least four fold.

Salem is out at the end of a peninsula with no other towns close by. If dad or mom needed more than was available in Strips they needed to go to Peabody. Boston was a several day trip and usually made only once a year. Since we had milking cows if someone went to Boston the other two needed to stay home to milk the cows and do other chores. It was an incentive to do well in school.

When Mom and I went back out to visit with others Mr. and Mrs. Roberts were the only couple still there. Charlotte Roberts was a distant relative to dad and the family was closer as friends. While we visited their son Marcus came bringing his younger sisters. While the second sister was near my age, Marcus took more interest in me. He was sixteen. He told me I was his incentive to stay awake at church.

I found with my period that my feelings for him came more from my body as well as my heart. It caused me to wonder if I could become pregnant. I’m not sure if that would be a good question to ask Mom but who else would know.

I did dare to ask Mom that night and she answered me with a question that meant I surely could. She asked me if I wanted to raise my children on a farm and miss going on to school in town. Mom and Dad had two children of their own: Travis was at college in Boston and Franklin worked as a bookkeeper in Peabody, Massachusetts. He was married; his wife Elizabeth was carrying their second child.

I had not met Franklin yet but I would be staying with them for several weeks to help her, care for the younger child and keep house. I was excited as Glory to live in a bigger community and live in town.

Sunday we went to church and I helped Mrs. Hopkins with her seven children. We were back in the cry room as Hermione needed to nurse her baby. Boys big enough not to belong often tried to come back wanting to see a mom nurse her baby.

Marcus had helped take the offering and then came over to the doorway hoping I would come out. I told him to be patient as my father wanted him to come over after church. After church Dad allowed Marcus and me to walk back to the house.

=^_^=


Marcus chose a long route, saying he wanted to show me something. The route must have caught Margaret Evans from school by surprise. She was riding a horse that bolted when we drew near. The horse took Margaret under a low branch and she was knocked off the horse, she fell hard to the ground.

When Marcus and I ran to help her; I saw something Marcus couldn’t see. Though she was stunned, she, Margaret, had an aura of a deep red and dark purple shrouding her. Mom’s word of putting aside judgment spoke to me as I checked to make sure she was okay. As Margaret became conscious I sent Marcus to get the horse.

It was obvious to me that Margaret observed my spirit as I did hers. Marcus came back without the horse so we took Margaret to my house which was a mile and a half closer than hers. When we got to my home, we put her on my bed as I knew I would need some privacy. I knew my mother would be coming home soon but Margaret was already in pain.

I knew angels and witches both had healing powers, but neither could do much in the healing of oneself. So I took off Margaret’s blouse to have a look and seek to heal her shoulder. Mom had shown me a small container before today. So I got it and I broke the wax seal and poured a little oil upon Margaret’s shoulder. I rubbed it in and pressed down my hands. I asked for healing but did not use a name of God but my hands warmed up as did her shoulder. The heat had gone deep and took its time. I looked to Margaret and proceeded to give thanks.

As we finished with her shoulder, I heard my parents come home. Mom knocked at the door and entered as we finished. Margaret pulled her blouse back on to button it. But as Margaret saw my mother she recoiled. My Mom had calmed herself and her aura was not overwhelming, but Margaret knew the spirit was strong within her. Mom asked Margaret to remain calm.

She called for my Dad to go Margaret’s home and to tell her family Margaret was hurt but not terribly so, tell of her accident and ask for Carol to come for her daughter. My Dad asked Marcus to take care of the farm when he left.

Mom turned to Margaret and asked her what she would use to heal her ankle as Mom explained her desire for Margaret to use her power through me as a conduit to healing her ankle. From the anguish still on her face, Mom knew the injury was significant.

I responded in disbelief and questioned my mother with one small word, “Mom?”

“Glory this is for you as much as it is for Margaret. You let self get in the way of your vision.”

Margaret told us what she needed and I knew enough to search our supplies in the house and Mom went out to our property to collect a few odd ingredients. We mixed them and place them on a large leaf as Margaret asked to use as a compress.

Margaret searched with her hands the best places to set her hands upon me to act as receptors. The left side of my neck and my right shoulder were what she chose. “The left side of your neck to give my power voice and your right shoulder for strength,” she said. With that, she began and I only understood a part of what she said, but I could feel the flow of power.

My hands and the compress cooled and Mom knew I was worried. Mom said, “So she does not work as you, relax she too has healing power.” As I relaxed my resistance, the power flowed more freely and then there was a ‘pop’ from her ankle and a cry from Margaret. Her pain quickly subsided and the power ceased to flow.

Carol, Margaret’s Mom knocked and came through the door as we were done. Carol looked at my Mom and said, “Thanks, Susanne.”

Mom said, “It was our daughters who worked their powers.”

Carol asked, “Could you leave us a moment so I can speak with my daughter.” So we stepped out of the room and to the main room of the house. I understood, most would think there were no significant injuries, others would believe it was Carol who healed, and yet others might believe it was God through Mom or me.

Mom asked me ‘to keep my words’. Dad and Marcus were at work with the cows. Carol and Margaret were soon out with us and it was decided we would eat together. We used three good size chickens for the cause of the meal, and vegetables canned last year as well as lettuce and spinach fresh from the garden.

Marcus was sent back to the Evans’ to get the Evans to eat with us. Carol sent a note to bring her bread and their wine as well as some potatoes to the dinner. Margaret and I prepared some of the food but Mom and Carol did most of the cooking. This happening gave the reason for our mothers’ friendship to be warm. That would be good news for them as well as Margaret and me.

We didn’t drink much wine, but we would drink and enjoy what was shared with us. Sunday’s meals were usually good, but today’s was extra good. Margaret and I walked around the farm after we washed the dinner dishes. I apologized for judging her, she smiled. “Thanks for what you did for me. Why did you do it if you don’t like my kind?” Margaret asked.

“I knew my Mom would want me to try; I hadn’t healed anyone before. You’re my classmate and I only knew you to be good.”

Margaret gave me a hug and asked, “Can we be more than classmates?”

“I think I am going to like being your friend.”


 
 
To Be Continued...
 

If you enjoyed my story, please consider leaving a comment. Comments, no matter how brief, are much appreciated. I also welcome any constructive criticism to help improve my writing. ~Jessica
up
108 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yes Jess....

I, for one think you should continue with this tale. This is really getting interesting! (Hugs) Taarpa

Glory and Margaret

In the Death of Angels, this is a problematic friendship, but one that will continue as will the story.

JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Your Story The Death of Angels

needs to be completed. I am wondering how events will turn out. Love the pic.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine