Even Ugly Girls Need Love - an anti-Valentines story

Printer-friendly version

Even Ugly girls Need Love - an anti-Valentines story

I’m sorry. I dont get naked around people. I dont even like to get naked when I’m alone, honestly.

Why? Because as long as I’m wearing clothes, I can almost pretend I’m a regular girl.

When I’m nude, I cant hide from my flaws, especially the one between my legs that never lets me forget I’m not ... regular.

It used to be worse - before I started taking hormones, I could hardly stand to look at myself even dressed, but with my breasts coming in a little, now if I wear the right kind of clothes I guess there are worse looking women out there.

But naked, all I see is the ugly bits, so I just dont go there.

I know I shouldnt complain - I’ve seen some people who have it a lot rougher than me in the looks department - burn victims, people with horrible diseases, people with terrible birth defects.

Me, I just look like the guy I used to pretend I was.

When you’re trans, holidays can really suck, you know? Christmas becomes a reminder of the fact your family thinks you’re going to hell, or Easter reminds you of all the pretty spring dresses you’d look like a clown in. But one of the worst one is Valentines, at least for me.

There wont be any chocolates, or roses waiting for me when I get home, no cute card from anyone saying they were thinking of me.

Just another day alone, and that’s every bit as much fun as it sounds, trans or not.

It started with me getting into my work clothes, and pulling my hair back into a ponytail.

I dont exactly get to look glamorous at my job.

There actually a couple of cute guys, and even a couple of cute girls at my work that if I had met them socially and they wanted to, I’d try and get a date with.

But being stuck between genders makes even the idea of dating hard. Gay guys want guys, gay girls want girls, straight guys want girls, and straight women want guys. Doesnt leave a lot of room for someone who’s a bit of both.

So I just watch, and listen as they talk about their spouses or significant others, and dream of someone wanting to be with me, even though I know darn well how unlikely that is.

Once my day at work ends, I trudge home, put up my sore feet, and rest for a while before thinking about eating.

I should be trying to lose weight so I can have the surgery, but most of the time, I end up eating fast and bad for me, just to fill the empty space inside. I’ve done that a lot, leaving me with a pretty big gut, especially for a girl.

Once I eat, I head for bed, and I try and lose myself in dreams where I’m a full girl, and loved.

Because dreams are all I have.

I feel like I live in a world of beautiful people, and I’m the one on the outside, looking in.

I guess someone has to be ugly just to be a contrast.

But even an ugly girl needs love, sometimes.

The next day, I get up, and get ready to face the routine, but something feels different. I took a hard look at the person I was, and decided I need to change it.

No more would I be sitting on my duff feeling sorry for myself. If I wanted love, I had to go out and do stuff, and be the sort of person people want to be around, instead of sighing and saying woe is me.

So I put a little makeup on, and start looking for activities I can get into that will take me out of my house and put me around people where maybe, just maybe someone who has some of the same interests as me will want to be friends.

And maybe, just maybe there will be someone who wants to be more.

After all, I started this transition, something I thought of as every bit as impossible as finding love is, and yet here I am, on my way.

Here goes everything ....

up
89 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Stuck between genders?

Extravagance's picture

Are we talking physiologically, or psychologically?
Either way, all this person needs to do (besides lose weight, if they're serious about SRS) is to find someone who's BiSexual.

Simples. :)

Catfolk Pride.PNG

simple ?

actually, what the person in this story needs is an attitude adjustment ....

(new attitude being uploaded, please wait while system refreshes ...)

DogSig.png

Just some honesty

Dorothy,

I'm going to say this as a friend. It is not your looks that are getting in the way. It is not even your equipment (there are plenty of men looking for exactly that). But it is hard to find love when you focus on all the bad that is around you and how life has cheated you. You don't need to work on your hair, your make-up, your body, or your nails. The thing that keeps people from getting close to you is the negative outlook you portray. It is one thing to be down once in a while, but when it is all the time, that keeps people at bay. You have good things in your life. You have a job and a car and friends and I'm sure we can empty a few pens and fill up a handful of notebooks if we keep listing all the good in your life. Start focusing on those good things and you will find that you don't need to look for love, love will find you.

BTW: You did a great job of playing matchmaker for me and my Beefcake, now do the same for yourself.

Katie Leone (Katie-Leone.com)

Writing is what you do when you put pen to paper, being an author is what you do when you bring words to life

usually quiet

I am usually quiet but this needs to be said now, having seen a picture of you ,you my child are far from being ugly..... you need to allow the love from others into your heart and forget the negativity of the fools whom we all know I am talking of ....Just be yourself and let Gods love & your natural beauty shine through...'nuff said

natural beauty?

well, who am I to argue with my papa when he says I'm pretty ?

Hugs and purrs from your little Kitten

DogSig.png

I've been there

Amethyst's picture

Dorothy I have been there. Oh Goddess have I been there. I found out that when you develop a good confident attitude, believe in who you are, and put yourself out there to meet others things can and do get better. I decided that I don't care what others think and confidence is sexy to people. I've been told I'm pretty, and I never managed to see it until I stopped focusing negatively on my body and my naughty bits and started to try to see myself as the woman I was rather than the guy I used to see in the mirror. It helped a lot.

Believe me SRS does help a lot too. When I woke up from that operation I was literally a new woman and I felt whole for the first time. I really hope that you can get there and feel that too.

Hugs, Amethyst

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

thanks, sweetie

I'm trying to fix my attitude to be more positive. I figure it will help ...

DogSig.png

My pleasure

Amethyst's picture

A positive attitude does help as do good friends to talk to and you seem to have a lot here. If you ever need any advice or another person to talk to I'm only a pm away.

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

Oh Dottie...

Here's a big ol' squishy ((((((HUG)))))) Girl!!! Baby steps & positive thoughts, your time will come. You just need to believe, and believe in yourself hon. Taarpa

thanks, Taarpa

big squishy hugs back.

DogSig.png

But you will always find Love...

Especially in unexpected places... Those who truly love you have always been here, you just did not see us until you truly needed us.

The Big Lie

RobertaME's picture

I have heard this same lie my whole life:

"People will like you if you like yourself and have confidence in yourself!"

What a load of utter B.S.! You know what makes people like other people? Being physically attractive or wealthy. That's all. As a boy and later a man, I wasn't anything special to look at. Even when I was actively trying to be happy with my lot in life and doing all the things people say that you need to do to be liked and found to be attractive, I still was a 25 year old virgin who never even had her first kiss or first date until she was 22... and even then I ended up being dumped, twice, on Valentine's day, for more attractive men.

Then I met my wife, who thinks I'm hot and thought so from the first time she saw me. We've been together 22 years. At the time I met her I had recently had my confidence shattered by a woman who dumped me 4 and a half months earlier on Valentine's day... so tell me again how confidence attracted her to me? It didn't. My looks did. Now, that's not what kept her with me... that was learning to love one another for who we were inside.

So, to all the people out there that keep saying that looks don't matter, that it's all about self confidence and all that crap, I say, "Bull!" Looks matter. It's unfair and sucks, but reality doesn't care about your ideals. If confidence got dates, I would have been on a dozen before age 18. I used to amaze my brother-in-law at how I could confidently ask out any girl without any concern for rejection and smile about it when she inevitably said no. He was classically handsome, but shy, but he got dates all growing up, while I was confidently alone with my unattractive self.

Now that I've transitioned, I'm actually fairly attractive. Not a 10 by any means, but a pretty solid 7 at least... and since then I've been hit on pretty regularly... even though I'm not even looking or trying to be attractive to anyone.

So save the B.S.. Pretty girls and handsome guys get dates. Everyone else uses money or is alone. The best any of us can do is just keep looking, because eventually, if you try often enough, you'll luck into that person who thinks you're hot, even if most people don't think so.

Being liked isn't the same as being attractive

RobertaME's picture

I like you, and I have no idea what you even look like. I like you for what I know of you, which is easy over the internet. It allows people to get to know one another without appearances getting in the way. In the real world however, looks can both open and close doors. It's just life.

As an attractive woman, after I transitioned, I actually had a harder time getting recognition in my career before I became a stay-at-home mom. I worked in statistical data analysis and had to struggle to get managers to pay attention to my figures instead of my figure. It's not fair, but who ever said life was fair?

When it comes to romance in the real world however, I stand by my statement. Good looking and wealthy people get all the dates. It's not fair, but having a good personality never got anyone a date. No matter how many times people try to say otherwise, physical attractiveness matters. The woman I was engaged to before I met my wife used to insist that she wanted more than just physical attractiveness in a partner. That didn't stop her from dumping me on Valentine's day for "a real man" who ended up dumping her after he got her pregnant.

Yes, I am certain that you are well liked... and everyone is attractive to somebody, which is why I ended up with my wife. Even Lyle Lovett has fans that think he's hunky. ;^) But the comments that claim that a positive attitude and confidence will get people to find you attractive are full of it. I have a quarter century of field work that proves it to be a lie.

Just this woman's perspective. YMMV.