Easy As Falling Off A Bike part 70

Printer-friendly version

Easy As Falling Asleep!
by Angharad & J. Austen
part 70!!!!!!!!!!

It was quite cold as I took my goodbyes from Greg and Margaret Soames, the hosts from hell. I walked as quickly as the high heels of my shoes would allow as they clicked along the road. I was very glad to get home and into the warm.

I went to make myself a cuppa to warm up and noticed a text message on my phone, it was from Simon. I put the kettle on and read the text.

'Sry 2 hear UR Pa is ill.
Let us no wot's hapnin.
LOL Si.'

As I drank my tea I wondered about the use of LOL. To me that had two possible meanings, laugh out loud, or lots of love. It couldn't mean the first, so unless there was another meaning of which I was unaware, it had to be the second. Was it a Freudian slip on the part of Simon, or just an expression which meant nothing? Now I was in a quandary.

I checked the time, it was after ten, was it too late to call? I felt like talking to someone I liked or at least with whom I felt comfortable. I also felt Daddy could pay the cost of the call. I was about to dial it when I had another thought. He would know their number then. Instead I sent a text.

'Call me when convenient. C' I included my home number.

Ten minutes later the phone rang. I picked it up in some hesitation, "Hello?"

"Hi Cathy, it's me Simon. How's your dad?"

"He's had a stroke."

"Oh I am sorry. Is there anything we can do to help?"

"Not really, he's in the best place for the moment, but it's kind of you to ask."

"How long are you likely to be up there?"

"I don't know, I haven't seen the doctor yet so I don't know very much. I'll try and find out tomorrow."

"Okay, well don't forget to let me know."

"I will."

"So when will I see you?"

"I don't know, but I feel I can't leave here for a day or two."

"So do you want me to come up?"

"I can't ask you to do that."

"You didn't, I offered."

"It's a long way to come for a date."

"Maybe I'll ask your dad for his daughter's hand."

"What?" I almost fell over.

"Yeah, I'll come and have a chat with your dad."

"You can't, he's had a stroke."

"I can sit and talk to him, bring him a bag of fruit and bunch of flowers."

"He'll think you're gay if you bring him flowers."

"Okay, forget the flowers. I'll bring him a bottle of Scotch."

"He's a regular churchgoer!"

"So? Most of the ones I know drink like fishes."

"He doesn't."

"Don't believe a word he's saying Cathy, he's winding you up. How's your dad poppet?" It was good to hear Stella butting in.

"Not sure, still waiting to see the doctor or ward sister."

"Anything you need?"

"Only some nice company. Went to dinner with some neighbours tonight, he couldn't stop ogling me and she was jealous."

"Good time then?"

"Oh yeah, next time they ask I'll slash my wrists, it'll be more fun."

"Well do it in the bath, 'cos otherwise it makes an awful mess."

"Yeah okay." How come whenever I talked with Stella it went onto matters crazy, like a script from a poor comedy show? Was it because I was comfortable with her, honest with her or just we were as crazy as each other? She knew about my darkest secret, Simon didn't and I didn't feel strong enough to tell him yet. I was getting fonder of him but I wasn't completely sure how he felt about me. That made it easier and harder to tell him - oh bugger, how do I get myself into these situations?

"Here's Simon again, bye poppet."

She handed the phone to Simon, "So what time do you want me to come tomorow?"

"It's an awfully long way to come Simon."

"It's worth it to sleep with my girlfriend."

"I erm, erm.." Jesus, did he say what I thought he said? "That's not possible."

"Don't you have a spare bedroom in your parent's house?"

"Is that a good idea?"

"I think so. I'm not asking you to take off your chastity belt just yet."

"I erm..." I got all flustered again.

"I'm only joking, because I know how lovely you look when you blush."

"You pig!"

"Oink oink!" he replied.

"You sound more like a guinea pig!" I laughed.

"That's better. What time will you be free tomorrow?"

"I have to go to the hospital tomorrow afternoon."

"Okay, I'll come up tomorrow morning, I can always go round a museum or something while you're with your dad."

"I could be with him for some time."

"Don't you want to see me?"

"Of course I do."

"I've missed you this week babe."

"I've missed you too."

"Right see you tomorrow, where are you staying?"

I reluctantly gave him my home address and went to bed thinking that my home seemed rather ordinary compared to his. In short I was almost ashamed of it and was he serious about staying? Oh geez, I wouldn't sleep all night now!

up
152 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

*giggle*

Oh geez, I wouldn't sleep all night now!

Forget about this night, what about next night when Simon will be there?

My my, the tangled webs we weave...

As always, very entertaining. Thank you Angharad

Jo-Anne

* Love is in the air.. <lalalaah> *

This is as bad as ...

When Cathy was racing downhill with no brakes! The problem is you don't know when Simon is joking some times! Watch Out Cathy!
Hugs!
grover

Precautions

She'd better hide any photos of Charlie.

Just as well

Her dad can't talk very well right now, or the cat is well and truly out of the bag.

when????

When in the hell is he going to learns what NO means??? Simon that is

matriony

Well, if they moved to my state, Massachusetts, they could have a wonderful civil ceremony. Then quickly speed home.
Boy, marriage keeps coming up. Cathy, Cathy, Cathy