Camp Kumoni : 3

Printer-friendly version


Eric did as instructed and waved to his mother as she drove out of the parking lot. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the elastic and pulled his hair up into a ponytail.

Erika was greeted on the bus by polite grins and shy girls who all looked curiously at the new member of their ride to Camp Kumoni.

“Erika,” Samantha called from the back of the bus. “I saved you a seat.” She waved.

Erika smiled back and joined the beautiful blonde in the back seat of the bus.

“I got here early, like a geek, so that I could get us a good seat.” She greeted Erika with a smile. “So how did it go last night?”

“I thought my mom caught wind of what was going on.” Erika explained in low tones. “When I got back from getting my swimsuit, I joined her for pizza. Right in the middle of swallowing, she asked me if I had found my swimsuit. I choked on the pizza. But then I played it off.”

Samantha giggled.

“Its not funny.” Erika looked sternly at her new friend. “What if someone from school is up here at camp?”

“Like they could recognize you.” Samantha looked to the front of the bus. The driver just stepped on and was taking her seat, while a counselor stood at the front flipping through a clipboard. “There is such a difference between Eric the plague and the alluring Erika. Especially once we get you made over.”


 

sunlitforest.jpg

Camp Kumoni
By Anistasia Allread


Chapter 3
 

Eric grabbed the jeans from the bed and hung them from a hook in the bathroom along with his Ramones T-shirt. The black panties, he had stashed in the cabinet under his sink beneath his bath towels.

“Make sure you pack your swimsuit.” His mother called to him.

“Oh Crap!” Eric swore. What was he going to do for a swimsuit at camp? He didn’t have a girl’s swimsuit. He was leaving tomorrow morning. He looked at the clock. Seven p.m. “Fuck!” he swore. How in the world would he be able to get a swimsuit before leaving tomorrow morning? He ran back into his room and logged back on to the computer.
 
 
Phantom: Winter?
Silence
Phantom: Winter? Please be on. I need to talk to you. It’s an emergency!
 
 
“Crap! Crap! Crap!” he swore. He picked up his phone and dialed 411 to get Samantha’s house phone and dialed.

“Thank you for calling the Thompson household, we are not available now, “Shit!” an answering machine. “but if you will leave a message we will get back to you as soon as we can.”

Beep.

“Yeah, this is ah…..” Shit! Who should he say is calling? “This is Eric calling for Samantha. I really need to speak with her as soon as possible. Thanks.” Eric related in a panic. “Oh, my number is 555- 9386.” Well that was real smooth…. Not.

Eric pulled up his e-mail and wrote Winter a quick e-mail saying that he needed to talk to her. That he had no swimsuit to take to the camp.

He ran to his dresser and pulled the little cash he had out and counted through it. Thirteen dollars. “Damn!” he stuffed the money into his pocket and scrambled downstairs.

“It’s getting late, Eric. “Where are you going?” His mom asked from the kitchen.

To look for a girls bathing suit to wear to camp. Eric thought sarcastically. Instead he answered. “Oh, just out for a bit. I’ll be back soon, mom.” He grabbed his deck and jumped on as it hit the sidewalk and pushed off towards the second hand store.

In the parking lot, Eric pulled the elastic out of his pocket and pulled his hair up into a pony-tail to give the illusion of transformation. Erika leaned the skate board up against the wall just inside the store and said a silent prayer of thanks that the store was still open and nearly empty of shoppers.

Erika made her way through the women’s clothing racks her heart racing, hoping that no one would notice her. She came across the rack of bathing suits and paused. What size should she get? Try a medium, first. She thought. If it’s too small then go bigger, if it’s too big, then try smaller, it isn’t that hard. She pulled a medium sized bathing suit off the rack and headed to the dressing room.

Inside she stripped out of all her clothes except Eric’s boxers, and looked anxiously at the suit. She turned it this way and that. I guess step into it. She reasoned.

She stepped into the bathing suit and pulled it up. It was cut high similar to her panties and fit snugly. She pulled the straps up over her chest, feeling the smooth satin feel of the polyester, Rayon, spandex blend against her abdomen and chest was quite a strange experience. And women swam in these, Hmm. Slipping her arms through the straps, pulled the crotch of the suit tightly over her genitals, causing her male organ to show with a bulge. What if she were to duct tape her maleness down, would that reduce the bulge. It might, but it would hurt like hell pulling it off. Damn. She was going to have to figure that out later. She looked herself over in the mirror. Other than the lack of breasts and the bulge in the crotch, the suit looked to fit well. Cool, got it right the first try. Erika slipped out of the strange contraption, dressed and went up to pay for it.

“Wow, this blue will look fantastic with your eyes.” The cashier commented.

“Yeah, thanks.” Erika didn’t know what to say, she hadn’t even thought about color, only the fact that she needed a bathing suit.

“Eight dollars.” The cashier stated.

Erika pulled the money out of her jeans and paid before retrieving her skateboard and exiting the store with her bag.

Once in the parking lot, she pulled the elastic from her hair and jumped back on Eric’s board.
 
 
“Pizza’s here!” Eric’s mom called from the kitchen as he entered the house

Eric’s heart leaped into his throat. He stuffed his bag and skateboard into the front closet, tucking the bag under a fallen coat and entered the kitchen.

“Your father won’t be home until late tonight. I ordered Pizza for your last meal.” His mother smiled.

“Very funny, Mom.” Eric rolled his eyes. He grabbed a plate and snatched three pieces of pepperoni and sat across the island from his mother.

“Did you find your swimsuit?” she asked off handed.

Eric nearly choked on the bite he was chewing. Did she know? No, stupid! There’s no way!

“Yeah, I got it. It’s in the suitcase.” He managed after swallowing the pizza.

“Your father and I love you very much, Eric.” His mother looked lovingly at her son.

“Mmm.” His mouth was full.

“I know you don’t believe me right now, but you will thank us later.” She forced a smile. “I know High school hasn’t been easy. But your Father and I hope that you’ll make some friends at camp. Who knows? Maybe you’ll make friends with someone from your school.”

Eric did choke on that one. He coughed a few times to clear his windpipe. He hadn’t even thought about seeing anyone from school at the camp other than Samantha. Oh Shit! I can’t go through with this! His thoughts screamed.

“Are you okay, honey?” his mom handed him a glass of soda.

“Fine.” He answered after taking a sip and swallowing hard.

His mother reached into her purse and pushed something across the island towards him. “The camp has a commissary and they take you to town to do your laundry every other week. This is to pay for washing your clothes and for whatever else you want.”

Eric looked down to see a small wad of bills.

“Ah, thanks, mom.”

“They also have some computers there so that you can e-mail us.” She informed him. “If you need anything you let us know. Okay?”

How about letting me stay home? He thought. They have computers? They might not be so backwards then. “I will.”

“I know this is your last night here, but I have to go to a meeting tonight.” She pushed herself away from the island and checked through her purse. “Besides I figured that you’ll want to play your games one last time before you go. Just don’t be up all night. You have a big day ahead of you tomorrow.”

If she only knew... Eric thought. Eric finished his pizza and waited five minutes after he heard the car leave before pulling the bag out of the closet and taking it upstairs. He tucked it in under his clothes and went to the computer. He logged on to find that Winter was waiting for him.
 
 
Winter: Phantom I’m here. What is it?
Winter: You have an emergency? Are you found out?
Eric’s fingers found their keys.
Phantom: Winter, I’m here. Thank God you’re there.
Winter: What’s going on?
Phantom: As I was packing, I remembered that I don’t have a swim suit.
Winter: Oh shit, that’s right….I think I’ve got one that will fit you.
Phantom: I panicked and when I couldn’t get a hold of you I went to the second hand store and got one.
Winter: Did you try it on? Does it fit?
Phantom: Yeah. I think it will do.
Winter: Wow, what would have sucked. Good thing you thought about it. Don’t forget to shave tonight. Get rid of as much body hair as you can……… don’t forget your armpits. Nothing’s worse than a girl with hairy armpits.
Phantom: Going to shave when done here.
Winter: I can’t wait to spend time with you this summer.
Phantom: I’m still worried about getting caught.
Winter: Just follow my lead and you will be fine.
Phantom: I gotta go I have to shave, then upload one last strip before I leave.
Winter: See you tomorrow. I’m so excited, and Erika?
Phantom: Yes?
Winter: Thank you.
 
Eric logged off the computer and went into the bathroom to denude himself of hair.
 
 
Feeling jeans slide on over smooth legs was quite an interesting experience. He had mixed feelings about it. His legs felt so smooth and seemed to tingle with the slightest breeze or when something brushed against them. Feeling his smooth legs in his sheets last night was strange. He kept rubbing his legs back and forth under the covers, feeling the new sensations. Then there was the fact that he lost another sign that he was a man, a male, someone who was supposed to be hairy and full of testosterone. Having hair on his legs was one of the few things that he had that made him feel masculine. He was short, didn’t have much in the way of muscles or facial hair. Hairy legs were about all he had, and now that was gone.

“Okay young man, where is your Gameboy?” his mom started the interrogation.

“Right there.” He pointed to his desk. Beside the Gameboy were his cell phone, I-pod, and c.d. player.

“Open your case.” She commanded.

Eric’s heart skipped a beat. He had expected this, but it still made him nervous. Luckily, he had tucked the one-piece bathing suit inside the leg of a pair of jeans and then folded them up. His mother ran her hands through the clothes feeling for who knew what. Most would be contraband was laying out in plain sight on his desk.

“Where’s your laptop?” She asked.

“Dad took it last night.” He lied. He had given his dad an old laptop that was obsolete and given to him by a friend for him to use for just this predicament.

“I’ll be checking with him later about that, If he says differently, I’ll call the camp and have it confiscated.” His mother said sternly.

“I gave it to him last night.” Eric affirmed making sure to keep eye contact.

“Alright, Lets go.”

Eric grabbed his suitcase and followed her down stairs and loaded up the car.
 
 
It wasn’t long before they arrived at the departure site. His mother parked the car and started walking with him towards a table set up in front of the busses.

“Mom, Don’t embarrass me.” Eric pleaded.

“I’ve got to check you in.” his mom insisted.

“Do you see any other parents checking their kids in?” he waved his hand around them.

His mother looked around and stopped in her place. “Well at least you can do is give your mother a hug good bye. She won’t be seeing you for 2 months.”

“Whose ideas was that.” Eric said with too much acid. “I’m sorry mom.” He wrapped his mom in a hug and approached the table looking over his shoulder to make sure his mother was truly staying away.

“Name?” the person in a Camp Kumoni T-shirt asked.

Eric looked over his shoulder to double check that his mother was out of hearing. She smiled and waved at him. He rolled his eyes and waved back. He looked back at the guy.

“Erika Martinez.” He said softly, hoping that it would pass for a girls voice.

The Camp guy looked over a list on a clipboard. “Ah, there you are Erika. Sign here please.”

Eric was halfway done signing his name when he realized he needed to sign Erika’s. he quickly covered his mistake and handed the clipboard and pen back to the guy. Hoping that his hand wasn’t shaking too bad.

“Go ahead and put your suitcase under the bus and find yourself a seat, Miss Martinez.”

Eric did as instructed and waved to his mother as she drove out of the parking lot. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the elastic and pulled his hair up into a ponytail.

Erika was greeted on the bus by polite grins and shy girls who all looked curiously at the new member of their ride to Camp Kumoni.

“Erika,” Samantha called from the back of the bus. “I saved you a seat.” She waved.

Erika smiled back and joined the beautiful blonde in the back seat of the bus.

“I got here early, like a geek, so that I could get us a good seat.” She greeted Erika with a smile. “So how did it go last night?”

“I thought my mom caught wind of what was going on.” Erika explained in low tones. “When I got back from getting my swimsuit, I joined her for pizza. Right in the middle of swallowing, she asked me if I had found my swimsuit. I choked on the pizza. But then I played it off.”

Samantha giggled.

“It’s not funny.” Erika looked sternly at her new friend. “What if someone from school is up here at camp? Someone I know?”

“Like they could recognize you.” Samantha looked to the front of the bus. The driver just stepped on and was taking her seat, while a counselor stood at the front flipping through a clipboard. “There is such a difference between Eric the plague and the alluring Erika. Especially once we get you made over.”

The counselor in the front was calling for attention. She did a quick role call. Erika swallowed a large lump as a familiar name was read off. Victoria Swanson must have gotten on the bus while she was preoccupied talking with Samantha. Victoria was real smart, in all of the accelerated classes. She was on the student counsel, the school newspaper and part of the ‘In’ crowd. Erika groaned inwardly as it sunk in. Meanwhile the counselor laid down some basic rules for the long ride up to Camp Kumoni and informed them that there would be a fifteen-minute bathroom break half way there.

“When do I change, here on the bus or when we stop for to use the bathroom?” Erika asked Samantha.

“Let’s wait a few minutes for the others on the bus to settle down, then we’ll get started.” Samantha rummaged in her bag and pulled out a stick of chewing gum “I read your last strip this morning before coming to the bus.” She grinned. “Erika, you are really talented, you know?”

“I doubt that.” Erika shrugged it off.

“My sister thought so.” Samantha took Erika’s hand in hers, sending a flash of hot blood coursing through her body, reminding her that she was male. “And I agree with my sister. By the way, how are you going to keep your fans sated while we’re at camp?” She asked.

“I hid my Laptop in my suitcase. I figure, I might be able to sneak away from time and work on it, and while we are in the nearby town doing our laundry, I should be able to charge it and upload what I have.”

“Oooh, I didn’t think of that.” Samantha flashed a mischievous smile. We could check e-mail while there too, couldn’t we?”

“No need. The camp has a few computers that will be available for e-mail purposes.”

“Well that kind of takes the fun out of it.” She pouted. Samantha looked around the bus and noticed that most of the girls were involved in their own conversations, or reading books. “Shall we begin?”

“How do we go about doing this?” Erika asked.

Samantha reached into her backpack and pulled out a bra. “Here, put this on under your T-shirt.”

“How?” Erika looked at her incredulously. “Remember, I’ve never really put one of these on before, let alone in a moving vehicle while keeping my shirt on.”

“Well, when you put it that way.” Samantha giggled. “Why don’t you slouch down behind the seat and just change really quick. I’ll keep a look out.”

Samantha had to help Erika hook the back of the bra. Erika slipped her T-shirt back on. Samantha then slipped the breast forms out of her bag and handed them to her raven-haired friend, who slipped them under her shirt and adjusted them inside the bra, instantly giving her a chest. Erika’s hands lightly caressed her chest.

“Stop that.” Samantha hissed. “Girls don’t go rubbing their breasts, unless they are in the shower.”

“I’m sorry, It’s just that they are so new and well…..” Erika left it

“Your T-shirt and jeans will work until we get into the cabin, but you should change out of those grubby shoes.” Samantha looked down at the holey faded and cracked skater’s shoes. She reached in her back and pulled out the white Keds that they had purchased the other day.

Erika quickly switched out the shoes. “What do I do with these?” She asked pointing to the smelly worn out shoes.”

“I don’t know, kick them under the seat or something.” Samantha wrinkled her cute button of a nose.

“Here, take out your balls and put these on.” Samantha handed Erika some silver hoop earrings.

“Take out my balls?” Erika grimaced. “Samantha, I’m surprised at you.” She mocked.

Samantha wrinkled her nose at the reference and looked closely at the young dark-haired woman beside her. “Wow.” Just that little bit made such a difference. That will do until I can get some make-up on you at the rest-stop.

“What should we do if Victoria starts asking questions, or putting two and two together?” Erika looked to Samantha.

“She’d never believe you were Eric ‘the plague’.”

“I’m still nervous about being caught.”

“Just pretend that you don’t know her.” Samantha suggested. “You are my cousin, or something.”

Eventually the bus slowed way down and got off the freeway. The counselor stood up and got everyone’s attention.

“Remember, we only have fifteen minutes.” She reminded them.

“I’ve gotta take a leak.” Erika told Samantha.

“Girls don’t take leaks, they go pee, they powder their noses, or they use the facilities. They don’t go see a man about a horse, milk the mule or need to take a piss.” She reprimanded.

“Okay, okay, I’ve got to use the facilities.” Erika corrected. “Better?”

“Much.”

“The problem is that I’ve never been in the ‘ladies’ room.” Erika confessed.

“Whatever you do, don’t stand up when you pee.” Samantha looked aghast. “I’ll go in with you. Can you wait until I get some make-up on you first?”

“Will it take long?” Erika squirmed.
“No, besides, there will be a line waiting for the toilets for the first five minutes or so anyway.”

The bus finally came to a stop near the bathrooms. The girls on the bus all got up as one and started filing out the door and lining up to use the facilities.

“See, told you. I can get your make-up on in that amount of time.”

Samantha pulled a small bag of cosmetics out of her pack and quickly applied eye shadow to Erika’s eyelids.

“You’re going to have to do this on your own, you know.” Samantha stated as she worked.

“If I do it, I’ll look like Tammy Fae, or Bozo.” Erika protested.

“You still need to learn. I can’t be doing this every day for you, it just wouldn’t look right.” Samantha blended the colors nicely. “Here, you are going to put your own mascara on today.” She handed the eye-lash enhancer to Erika, who after almost stabbing herself in the eyes three times, seemed to have applied the mascara, somewhat alright.

“Here, put a bit of this on your lips.” Samantha handed her some plumping lip gloss.

“Do I look okay?” Erika asked uncertain.

“Like you need to use the facilities, Lets, go, I have to take a leak.” Samantha teased.

The line to use the bathroom had dwindled down quite a bit. It was only a moment or two before Erika had a free stall. It was a bit strange, sitting to pee. It was, after all, Erika’s first time using the toilet. After she flushed, she washed her hands, and looked around for Samantha.

“Samantha.” She called.

There was no answer. Erika was starting to feel abandoned. She exited the bathroom and started back towards the bus when she spotted Samantha there talking with Victoria.

“Oh God!” Erika groaned. Her heart beat a bit faster in her chest. Her heart started beating like a frightened rabbit’s when she saw Samantha wave her over to join her.

“Victoria, this is one of my sister’s good friends, Erika.” Samantha introduced Victoria to the frightened and nearly ashen Erika. “Erika, this is Victoria, she is the editor of the school newspaper.”

“I’m not editor, yet.” Victoria grinned. “I’m just the gossip columnist.” She held out a hand to Erika with a smile. “Pleased to meet you, Erika.”

Erika darted a terrified look to Samantha then took Victoria’s hand and smiled back.

“Come on girls.” The counselor called, interrupting the meet and greet. “Fifteen minutes are up, let’s get a move on it.”

The girls quickly found their seats on the bus.

“What the hell? Why did you do that?” Erika asked.

“What?” Samantha feigned innocence.

“Introduce me to Victoria like that. She could blow this whole thing even before we get there.”

“Relax, Erika, she didn’t suspect anything.” Samantha patted Erika’s knee. “Besides, it would look suspicious if I didn’t introduce you to her.”

“What are we going to do if she ends up in our Cabin?” Erika fretted.

“Will you stop the ‘what ifs’ and try to relax?”

Easy for you to say! Erika’s brain screamed. You won’t get in trouble or even arrested if caught!


 
End of Chapter Three

up
255 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Looking forward to the next chapter

I am really looking forward to see how you resolve Erika's difficulties. Not that I will complain however you do it, but I am hoping this will be a story that does not rely on magic, SRU, science fiction, or other Deus Ex Machina fixes.

Having said that, I like it so far, and look forward to meeting all the other players in this adventure.

Love, Jo

I wonder if Mom knows?

giggles, I guess we'll find out

DogSig.png

Even if she doesn't know ...

... what's going on, Eric/Erika's mom may be suspicious. Like you said, we'll probably find out! :)