Easy As Falling Off A Bike part 72

Printer-friendly version

More emotional trauma for our heroine.....read on, I dare you!

Easy As Falling Off A Bike
by Angharad & Bonzi (the bored)Cat.
part 72 (that's like six dozen!).

I awoke, it was still dark and I had a pain in the superglue. Rolling out of bed, I stood up very gently and carefully walked to the bathroom. It was all burning or stinging, but at least I could pee and that bit wasn't hurting, thank goodness. I wiped and examined it all with a hand mirror. Apart from the discomfort, it looked pretty good. I didn't somehow think I'd be riding a bike for a few days, however, so on a trade off, maybe that wasn't too bad.

I checked the time, it was four in the morning. I'd barely had an hour's sleep. I minced back to bed, well I took small steps 'cos it didn't pull so much. Back under the covers I started to snooze until I had a horrible thought, what would happen if it stuck like this for any length of time, would it make it difficult for the surgeon to rebuild?

I decided it would, so this would be for special occasions only and once it became unstuck, I'd stretch it all and hope that it was okay. But then, the thought struck me, what happens if it doesn't unstick, maybe the skin will fuse? Oh shit!

I worried about this for some time knowing that there were solvents and I knew from previous experience that nail varnish remover would loosen it. Then I saw myself dancing around and squealing as the remover solution stung like mad. If I hadn't needed to sleep, I'd have laughed at myself.

I drifted uneasily into sleep and woke an hour or so later needing to pee again. Gee whizz, what is it with my bladder, I mean it's not as if I'd had surgery and everything got displaced?

I lurched into the bathroom, I was so tired that I stubbed my toe against the door. God it hurt and I danced around my eyes watering, I was in too much pain even to swear. I also wet myself and added insult to injury.

Back in bed and now wide awake, I turned my thoughts to Simon. I could now be semi- intimate with him. I imagined him kissing me and touching my breasts - suddenly I had a pain in the you know where! Gee bloody whizz, I was now seriously beginning to wonder if I had done the right thing. I went to the toilet again, but only dripped a few drops. So what was all that about? I didn't get erections anymore, but something must have happened when I was having my dirty thoughts. What a pain, quite literally. It could well be that in sticking myself up, I had inadvertently made difficult and possibly painful, the whole reason for sticking it all up in the first place! I felt like crying.

At about six o'clock I finally fell into a deep sleep, after another visit to the toilet of course. The next thing I knew was a ringing sound. I jumped out of bed, hobbling on my painful toe and uncomfortable groin. I was half way down the stairs thinking it was the doorbell, when the ringing was obviously coming from the phone. I continued down the stairs and picked up the receiver.

"Hello?"

"Hi sweetie-pie, Houston we have a problem!"

"What's the matter?" I asked, trying to focus my bleary eyes on the clock.

"My bloody car won't start. I'm waiting for the garage to come."

"Oh dear, does that mean you're cancelling?"

"No way, if necessary I'll borrow Stella's car. It just means I'm going to be later than I planned."

I yawned and my eyes watered impairing my vision, so I still couldn't see the sodding clock. "So when do you think you'll be here?"

"About two hours after they get this bloody thing started. I've packed my bag and done a route on the internet, plus I've got my sat nav."

"You drive carefully!" I exhorted.

"I always do babe, you know that."

Compared to Stella so did most people! "Well I'm just making sure you do."

"Okay, okay I'll go carefully, is that okay?"

"All right, I suppose, but you make sure you do."

"I will. So how did you get on with the Merc ?"

I blushed, I hadn't said, a thank you to Simon. "Gosh, I haven't said thank you. It's wonderful, goes like a dream. Thank you so much Simon."

"That's okay, you can show your gratitude later."

My stomach flipped as he said it, exactly what did he mean by that? I hoped it wasn't what I thought it meant. I got a twitch from down below and realised I needed a pee. "Sorry Simon, I have to go to the loo," I said hopping from one leg to the other. I put the phone down and scrambled to the toilet, just making it in time. I realised that it felt comfortable and wondered if it had all come undone. I went to wipe it with some toilet roll and discovered it was all as I'd left it. Phew!

Rushing back to the phone, I discovered Simon had rung off and I felt a little pang of guilt. I hoped that he believed me because I didn't want him to think I had deceived him. Then I thought about something else and felt myself getting very warm.

While I drank my tea, I decided I needed to tell him about me and live with the consequences. The question was when and how? Did I do it while we were at a posh restaurant, "Oh by the way Simon darling, I'm really a boy."
Or perhaps when we're lying in bed together and he's pleading to shag me, "You can't I'm afraid my love, I don't have a fanny 'cos I'm a boy!"
Maybe I'd do it while we were driving, "Simon, I have something to tell you about a little personal problem I have. I'm a man, watch out for that truck Simon!"

Oh hell, why did he have to like me? Or worse, why did I have to like him? It would really hurt to end it now and we haven't really got things going yet, but it would be even harder if I wait until we are really attached to each other. Then it would really really hurt. I hated what I was going to do to my Simon. Hark at me, my Simon! He won't be when he finds out. I felt salt water trickle down my cheek, and moments later I was bawling.

I was in deep self pity, accompanied by red eyes and fluid loss when the phone rang again. I felt really miffed to be disturbed while having an emotional release. I stamped out to the hall and picked up the receiver, "Yes?" I said and sobbed.

"Hi flower, it's me again, I'm ready to roll, hey are you crying?"

"Yes," I squeaked.

"What's the matter, your dad's okay isn't he?"

"It isn't him," I sobbed and sniffed.

"What is it then?"

"I can't tell you, ask Stella, she knows. Don't come, I can't see you ever again, I'm sorry." I put the phone down and went up to my bed. I heard the phone ring but I refused to answer it. I fell upon my bed and howled.

up
167 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh poor Cathy...

Why has life always be so complicated?
Yes I could imagine a few szenarios, Simon being really worried now, and driving even fast to see her ( without asking Stella of course ). Or Stella refusing to tell him anything, or...
No, I guess Angharad will take another twist and leave us stunned and wondering about her skills...

Good night...

My name is Saphira and I'm a young dragon girl.
--
>> There is not one truth only out there. <<

--
>> There is not one single truth out there. <<

Oh Gee

As an old work colleague used to say - "The trouble with women is that they're chemically driven" (He was Welsh too) So I suppose Cathy really is a woman despite the 'extras' and is merely responding to her hormones. She really doesn't make things easier for herself, but then, if she did, it wouldn't be such an entertaining late evening read, would it?

Geoff

Aaaww

Being drawn out like her now, with all that what´s happened, and what she is going through emotionally -and physically (gad) I am not surprised she is crying her eyes out. And is on the verge of a psychological break-down. I cry much easier when I'm tired and/or stressed out.

I hope Stella will come up with something smart to cover up, buy more time also, but I would like it for Cathy to find some peace and quite shortly or she'll snap.
Some understanding, compassionate, tender, loving male attention should really do the trick, but where to find such a rock?

Jo-Anne

You dared and I read

You dared us to read and I did I cringed and felt sorry for your character Cathy.Will the twists and turns end for Her?I would dare you to find a good way to move forward with your story from here but after reading this far I'm sure you will.Thanks for your effort in writing this it has provided me with quite a bit of entertainment Amy.

Fannies

I think we've hit one of those words which divide UK and US English into two divergent languages. This is going to bewilder some of your American readers who are not familiar with the naughtier British slang meaning of the word.

This is the definition from an American dictionary:

fanny n. Slang. , pl. -nies . The buttocks.

For the Americans out there, here is the definition from a UK dictionary (Chambers' online edition):

fanny noun (fannies) 1 Brit taboo slang a woman's genitals. 2 N Amer slang the buttocks.
ETYMOLOGY: 19c.

It's A Wonder

It really is a wonder we can communicate at all :)

Never let it be said that I don't enjoy the occasional delusion of grandeur

Never let it be said that I don't enjoy the occasional delusion of grandeur

Divided

It often does seem that we and our US cousins are two peoples divided by a common language.

UK spelling and meaning are the only correct ones (we got there first!), but I admit that many American English words are spelt more sensibly and describe more accurately than their UK English equivalent, e.g. color, sidewalk.

Angharad has a wonderful turn of phrase and certainly knows how to hang a cliff!

I look forward very much to future happenings.

Regards,

Susie

What worries me is ...

... that Americans drive on the pavement. It's illegal here. Just as well, the pedestrian carnage would be horrific to behold :)

Geoff

Not necessarily!

Depends on the word whether it was first acknowledged in the UK dialect or the US dialect, or even another. Separate dialects are no more correct than any other.
Edeyn Hannah Blackeney
Wasn't it Jim Henson who said, "Without faith, I am nothing," after all? No. Wait. That was God. Sorry, common mistake...

Where?

For YEARS now, I've seen references to this mytical glue method having been found on the internet. Too many. I've never been able to find it, though. Is it just a literary device of TG authors, or can someone point me in the right direction?
Edeyn Hannah Blackeney
Wasn't it Jim Henson who said, "Without faith, I am nothing," after all? No. Wait. That was God. Sorry, common mistake...

And so Visen was born

For those of the terminally red eye!

Eastman 910

Going back to comments last chapter. That product was developed by Eastman Gelatin Co for The use of General Electric to glue lexan/plexiglass which was invented by GE and used in their aircraft engine division in the early 60's. Cathy's making my brain hurt, now she wants Stella to do her dirty work. Poor Simon.