Howling at the Moon

Printer-friendly version

A little something I wrote a few years back...

Some people's children...

I've mentioned a friend's daughter, J, before. She's more than a bit headstrong, has not so standard interests. When she gets a bit older I'm going to have to talk to her mother about introducing her to a few people. For the safety of any boyfriends she may have!

Her latest escapade wound up being self-punishing. Seems she and a few of her friends found a piercer who was willing to overlook the fact that they were underage.

Ok, typical teen stupidity. No big deal except for two "minor" details. She didn't think to ask what the ring was made of (or perhaps she did and the piercer lied). And she's were.

Yep. The poor dear had gotten a silver ring.

So come moonrise last night, her barely healed piercing in a rather "intimate" location had her howling. She was in too much pain for anybody to get near her safely. At least at first.

As her mother told me, after the first 15 minutes or so, it dropped to just "really uncomfortable". Mom was (of course) dealing with her own change so it was up to dad to make some frantic calls.

The doctor told him that if she wasn't howling any more, and seemed to be ok, it could wait until she changed back.

So this morning, she and her folks had a conversation that was almost as uncomfortable as the change had been. And she got a doctor's exam.

Apparently there's no real harm done. If the piercing had been healed, she'd have just had the discomfort. But silver in an open wound on a were? Let's just say that the piercing got "cauterized". The doc said she's in no danger of that piercing ever healing shut.

And apparently the change flux around her fused the ends of the ring. Dad wanted it cut off.
But her mom said she'd talked him into letting J keep it.

J looked embarassed when she overheard us talking about it. And I swear she blushed when I asked why she wanted to keep something that was going to be that uncomfortable.

Her mom chuckled and said, "Well, let's just say that a strong 'itch' isn't always a bad thing."

Which got a definite blush and a "Mom!" from J.

Hmm... I wonder if I should tell Tim about this?

up
157 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Interesting concept but...

I don't think that silver is an acceptable material for body piercings in general. If the piercer did use a silver ring, he's quite irresponsible.

From the Wikipedia article on body piercing:

Body piercing jewellery should be hypoallergenic. A number of materials are used, with varying strengths and weaknesses. Surgical stainless steel, niobium and titanium are commonly used metals, with titanium the least likely to cause allergic reaction of the three. Platinum and palladium are also safe alternatives, even in fresh piercings. Initial piercings should never be done with gold of any grade, as gold is mixed with other metals, and sterling silver is not a good alternative in a piercing, as it may cause allergies in initial piercings and will tarnish in piercings of any age.

Well he was ignoring the law

Brooke Erickson's picture

Well he was ignoring the law too. So it may not have even been a pro.

Though I gotta admit that *I* wouldn't want a non-pro piercing me down there!

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

A very cute story, Brooke.

Now, I am wondering if both of her parents and the doctor are weres.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Is there any more

Hi is that the ending or is there more. So far not bad (But) don't leave the story without an ending fit for your readers. (But what would I know) Love you all! Bye.

To those fans of the Lone

To those fans of the Lone Ranger, he really had silver bullets because he feared WEREWOLVES.
Interesting concept, a werewolf having a body piercing made from SILVER.
I rest my case

Karen

A bumper sticker I saw once

Brooke Erickson's picture

Save the Werewolf!
Help Protect an Endangering Species!

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks