My Fathers Secret Part 03

Printer-friendly version


 © March 2013


Chapter Five: Saying Goodbye

    Jonathon woke to the sound of the alarm clock telling him it was time to get up. He turned it off and then looked confused for a couple of seconds when he saw pale pink nails on the end of his fingers, but he soon started to remember going out as Jessica the night before for a meal and a walk around an art gallery with Joan. He also remembered some of his dream, where he was Jessica, out shopping with Donna and Jean, even though he’d never met His father while he was Donna, well not since being very young, and he had no idea that his aunt Donna was really his father. Jonathon did find himself wondering why his father stopped pretending to be his aunt though. This was one of many questions Jonathon knew he would never have the answer to now.

    He smiled as he threw back the covers and threw his legs over the edge of the bed. He liked the way the silky pyjamas felt on his smooth legs and chest. He was glad he’d let Joan talk him into having his body waxed the day before.

     “I need to do something with you.” He said to himself as he looked down at his long slender fingers with the false pink nails attached to them.

    He realised that Joan had been right the day before when she said he’d get use to having longer nails. He’d forgotten all about them until he looked down every so often and saw them. Pretending to be a woman had felt natural to him. He hadn’t felt the need to act macho, and he didn’t have anyone making fun of his smaller size.

    Jonathon got up off the bed and made his way into the bathroom to look for something to remove the nails, but he still couldn’t find anything, so he went back to the bedroom for another look, but he had as much luck as he had earlier in the morning. He was beginning to realise that there wasn’t anything in the house to remove the nails, and he couldn’t find any nail polish remover, so removing the pink polish and cutting the nails down was out of the question.

     “I’m going to make myself a cup of coffee and see if that helps me come up with an idea.” He sighed as he put on a pair of slippers he’d found at the side of the bed and then went down to the kitchen to put the kettle on.

    He was soon sat at the kitchen table with a mug of coffee and looked down at his feminine looking hands, trying to think of a way to get them off, but at the same time feeling the urge to keep them and become Jessica again for the day.

     “Why can’t I become Jessica again...?” He asked himself. “I already have the nails, and I’m sure I can do a half descent job with my makeup, and Joan can fix anything that doesn’t look alright.” He added as an idea started to form.

    He was soon finished with his mug of coffee and heading back up stairs to pick out something to wear from the shopping trip the day before. He picked out a simple looking black denim skirt, and a white blouse. He also sorted out some black pantyhose and a blazer style jacket. He’d already seen a pair of black suede boots in with Donna’s stuff, so he grabbed them and added them to the outfit before he went to take a quick shower to wake up fully.

*****

    Jonathon was sat at the dressing table in bra, panties, padded girdle and pantyhose putting on his make up when his cell phone pinged to let him know he had a text message, so he picked up his phone and saw it was from Joan. She was letting him know she was running ten minutes late. Jonathon was glad to hear that because it was taking him longer to get a natural daytime look than he thought it would. In the end he’d worked out that less is more and he didn’t need that much makeup. He’d never been able to grow much of a beard, due to him only needing to shave once a fortnight.

    He sat back and smiled, and the short haired girl in the mirror smiled back at him. He couldn’t resist jiggling his chest, just so he could feel the breast forms move around. Jonathon had attached them like Joan had done the day before, so they felt part of him again.

    Happy with the makeup, he grabbed the wig and pinned it to the wig cap he’d put on before doing his makeup. He was now ready to finish getting dressed, so he grabbed the waist clincher and wrapped it around his waist before closing it up. Next he put on the white blouse, and then the black denim skirt. Then he sat on the edge of the bed so he could put on the boots. The boots had a two inch block heel and were easy to walk in.

    Once he was fully dressed he stood up and added the black blazer jacket and then looked at himself in the mirror, smiling when he saw the smartly dressed woman looking back at him.

     “I hope mother approves.” Jonathon said in his best female sounding voice. He said it a couple more times until it felt more natural. Jonathon had never had the deepest manly voice, something that use to bug him, and cause him trouble when people made fun of it, but now he was beginning to feel glad he had a feminine voice.

    The doorbell rang at that minute, and Jonathon looked at the time and realised it would be Joan, so he put some makeup in a purse he’d found, and then he made his way down stairs to answer the door. It wasn’t until the door was half open that he realised he never checked to see if it was Joan, but he let out a sigh of relief when he saw it was.

     “Jessica...!” Joan said looking shocked to see Jonathon dressed as Jessica again, but she was also smiling.

     “Hello mother.” Jonathon said in his female voice as he let her into the house.

     “Did you lose another bet with someone?” Joan asked with a giggle.

     “No, but I didn’t have anything to get these nails off, so I thought I might as well go see father as Jessica.” Jonathon shrugged like it wasn’t a big deal. “I hope you don’t mind, mother?” Jonathon asked.

     “I don’t mind one bit.” Joan grinned. “We will need to call in and get you some remover though, unless you plan on staying as Jessica for some time to come?” Joan asked with a raised eyebrow.

     “I did have a lot of fun playing your daughter last night, and getting to do it again today will be nice as well.” Jonathon admitted. “It’s nice to step outside yourself every once in a while, and I’ve had such a lonely time of it these past three months since Kirstin walked out on me.” He added with another sigh.

     “You can spend as much time as you want as Jessica for me.” Joan said as she stepped forward and gave him a hug. “I love having you around.” She giggled.

     “Do you think I look alright?” Jonathon asked as he stepped back and did a quick twirl for Joan.

     “You look perfect, even your makeup looks natural.” Joan looked impressed.

     “Shall we get going then mother?” Jonathon grinned with pride as he stepped out the house with his purse over his shoulder.

    Joan smiled as she followed, pulling the door closed behind her and then following her new daughter out to where her car was parked. “Are you sure you’ve not been dressing longer than a couple of days?” Joan asked once she was sat behind the wheel with the engine running. Joan couldn’t get over how natural Jonathon looked as Jessica.

     “Yes, I’m sure, but I wish I had started sooner.” Jonathon grinned. “I feel so much more relaxed and care free.” He added with a sigh, or Jessica did, because there was no trace of a boy called Jonathon present at the minute.

     “Your father and Donna would both be proud if they could see you know.” Joan said with pride as she pulled away from the curb and headed for the funeral home where Jonathon’s father’s body was being kept until the funeral.

     “Do you think Jonathon’s mother would be okay with all this?” He asked, referring to himself as a third person, not wanting to upset Joan.

     “I never got to meet your mother, but from what David and Donna told me about her, I think she might have already seen this side of you, but was to worried how you’d react if she said your father was the same way.” Joan explained as she drove down the road.

     “I did use to argue all the time with my dad, but he never once lost his temper with me, or told me off when I did something that got me in trouble.” Jonathon admitted with a little laugh.

     “Do you think you played up to show the others around you just how much of a man you were?” Joan asked.

     “Yes, I know I did, that is what caused me to lose Kirstin.” Jonathon sighed. “She said she liked me because I wasn’t like other men, and had a softer side, and I was more thoughtful.”

     “Maybe Kirstin saw this side of you as well then.” Joan said looking hopeful.

     “I think she might see this as having too much of a soft side.” Jonathon giggled as he looked down at his chest stuck out in front of him, and his nylon covered legs stuck out from under his black denim skirt.

     “How did you and Kirstin meet?” Joan asked, hoping to keep his mind off where they were going and what he was about to do.

     “She was stopping with an aunt who had fallen down and broke her leg, Kirstin was the only family she had left.” Jonathon started to explain. “I was doing some shopping because Jonathon’s mother wasn’t very mobile due to the cancer, and I bumped into her in Asda, and I do mean bumped into her.” He giggled at the memory.

     “Did you move away with Kirstin when her aunt was better?” Joan asked.

     “No, she went back home and I had to stop here and look after mum while dad went to work.” Jonathon said with sadness in his voice. “I didn’t move away until after mum died. I had gone down to see Kirstin for a couple of days, but I came back early because she got called into work.” He explained.

     “Is that when you found out about Donna?” Joan asked, but already knew the answer.

     “Yes, but I didn’t know it was dad at the time, I just thought he was already seeing another woman.” Jonathon snuffled. “How could I have been so stupid...!” He growled as he tried to clench his fist and slam it into his leg, but it wasn’t easy to make a fist when you’ve got long fingernails.

     “You were hurting from the loss of your mother, how were you to know about your father’s feminine side?” Joan tried to reassure him.

     “I should have known that my father would never do anything like that.” He admitted. “Maybe he’d still be alive today if I hadn’t turned my back on him.”

     “Your father had cancer, just like your mother.” Joan snapped. “Could you have saved your mother?” She asked.

     “No...” Jonathon said in a whisper. “All I could do is watch her slowly die.”

     “And you would have done the same with your father as well, and he was glad you didn’t have to see that happen to him as well.” Joan explained. “That’s why he was glad you never answered any of his letters towards the end, he just had me help him sort everything out to save you the trouble.”

     “I wonder what he’d say if he could see me now.” Jonathon giggled.

     “I think he’d be proud that he had such a beautiful daughter.” Joan smiled. “And he would complain about you stealing his clothes.” She added with a grin, which made Jonathon giggle even more.

     “Thank you, mother.” Jonathon smiled.

     “Thank you for what?” Joan asked.

     “For making me laugh when I don’t really feel like it, and for being such a good friend.” He smiled again.

     “I’m not a good friend, I’m your mother, and don’t you forget it young lady.” Joan said as she wagged her finger in Jonathon’s direction.

     “Sorry mummy.” Jonathon pouted.

    The two of them stopped laughing when Joan pulled into the car park at the funeral home, and they both got out.

     “Will they let me in to see him looking like this?” Jonathon asked, just realising that they might be expecting a man called Jonathon, not a woman called Jessica.

     “You look fine, and they won’t ask you for ID because everything is being sorted through me.” Joan said as she linked her arm through Jonathon’s and led him into the funeral home.

    Jonathon let Joan do all the talking and the two of them took a seat while the funeral people sorted out the viewing room for them to see the body.

     “Do you want me to wait out here while you say your goodbyes?” Joan asked while they were waiting.

     “Would you come in with me to begin with?” Jonathon asked looking hopeful.

     “Sure, not a problem.” Joan said as she saw the eyes of a frightened child looking back at her from behind long pained eyelashes.

    They were soon being taken to a set of doors and the man let them into a room and closed the door to give them some privacy. Jonathon just stood there looking at the body of his father looking so peaceful, just like he was sleeping and could wake up any minute. Jonathon thought he looked much thinner than the last time he’d seen him, but he also knew that the cancer would have had something to do with that.

     “Hello David, I’ve brought someone to see you.” Joan said as she pulled Jonathon over to the table with the open coffin on it. “It turns out that he is more like you than you realised.” Joan added with a little laugh.

     “Hi Dad, it’s me Jonny.” He said in a whisper as he stepped closer and looked down as his father. “I hope you don’t mind, but I borrowed your black suede boots.” He added as he looked past his breasts down to his feet and the boots he was wearing.

    Jonathon tentatively reached out with his hand to touch his father’s face, but pulled back again when he saw his feminine looking hand and pink nails.

     “He’d understand your need to dress like this sweetie.” Joan said as she placed her hand on his and helped him close the distance.

     “He feels so cold.” Jonathon said with shock in his voice, but he kept his fingers touching his father’s face. He’s really gone hasn’t he...?” he had tears running down his cheeks as he said it. “I think I’d been hoping it was some sort of a trick to get me to come home and see him up until now, but this makes it all seem so real.” Jonathon finally broke down in sobs of tears as he let Joan comfort him.

     “I wish that was the case sweetie, but he’s really gone.” Joan said as she stroked his hair while he sobbed.

    Jonathon finally got control of his emotions and pulled himself together. He looked a little confused when he saw Joan mask a giggle when he looked at her.

     “I’m sorry Jessica, but I think we might need to fix your makeup before we leave.” Joan pointed out.

    Jonathon went in his purse and pulled out a small compact mirror to see what Joan was talking about. He was soon slapping his hand over his mouth to hide a giggle of his own when he saw the mess his face was in.

     “I hope you’ve got some makeup in the purse of yours.” Joan said looking worried.

     “Yes, I put everything in here that I used to get this look.” Jonathon said looking proud of how smart he was. “Will you help me fix this mess?” he asked with a more pleading look on his face.

     “I wouldn’t be much of a mother if I didn’t.” Joan reassured him.

    Joan sat him down and then set about fixing the mess. Once she was done she left the room to give him some time alone to say a personal goodbye to his father.

     “I’m sorry for not having more faith in you dad.” He started as he stood looking down at his father’s body. “I’ve made a mess of so much in my life, but I feel that I can do better from now on with Joan’s help.” He smiled at the thought of having Joan to help him. “She’s kind of adopted me as her daughter. I hope you and mum don’t mind, but you have to admit I need someone to take me under their wing.” He giggled at that admission. “Speaking of mum, I hope the two of you are in a happy place with each other, free of any illness, and I hope to do you both proud from now on.” He made a promise to himself in that moment to get his life back on track. “Bye dad, I love you.” He offered as his final words just before he leaned down and kissed his father on the forehead.

    Joan was sat out in the hallway when Jonathon stepped out the room.

     “How are you feeling now?” Joan asked looking worried as she got to her feet and stepped over to him.

     “I think I’ll be alright in time, but right now I just feel numb.” He admitted. “Can we go and get a drink please?” He pleaded with his eyes.

     “I think that’s a good idea.” Joan agreed as she led them back out the place, she told them they had done at the front desk on their way out.

    Jonathon was glad to be back in the car. He rested his head back on the headrest and enjoyed the sun shining in through the window. The room was cold to help preserve the body, but Jonathon thought that the cold felt even worse because it was helping to preserve his father’s body.

    Joan was soon pulling into a pub car park and they went in to get a drink. Jonathon was so lost in his own world, that he never gave any notice to the looks he was getting from some of the men sat around them. Joan was glad of this, because she didn’t want him getting panicky in a place like this. She found them a table in the corner away from most the others in the lounge area of the pub, and then she went up to get them a drink each. Joan had a coke, and she got Jonathon a rum and coke.

     “Thank you.” Jonathon smiled.

    They didn’t say much to each other while in the pub, and thankfully no one started chatting them up either, so they finished their drinks and left again.

    Joan called in at a chemists on the way home to pick up some items to help Jonathon remove the nails, and then she took him home because he didn’t look up to doing much else.

*****

    Jonathon didn’t do much for the next couple of days, he spent most his time practicing with makeup and trying to perfect different looks. Joan joined him in the evening when she finished at work, just to make sure he was eating right. She was greeted every night by Jessica, and she saw nothing of Jonathon again until the day of the funeral when he was dressed in a black suit he’d last worn at his mother’s funeral.

    There were more people at the funeral than Jonathon was expecting, and he wondered if any of them were friends of Donna’s, but he was too numb to give it to much thought. He just shook hands and thanked people for coming.

    Jonathon was glad when everyone finally left, and he was left with just Joan stood at his side as he looked at the headstone which now had his father’s name on it, as well as his mothers.

     “Does it make me a bad person because I’m glad it’s all over?” Jonathon asked as Joan wrapped an arm around him and rested her head on his shoulder, while he rested his head on hers and let out a sigh.

     “No it doesn’t make you a bad person.” Joan laughed a sad laugh. “I know just how you feel because I felt the same way when John died.” She admitted. “You just feel like you can start to move on now this part is out the way.” She tried to explain how she’d felt on the day she put her husband in the ground.

     “I made him a promise I would get my life back on track, and do some good with it.” Jonathon said as he looked down into the hole. “Will you help me do that? Because I don’t think I can do it on my own.”

     “Does this mean you’re going to be stopping here?” Joan asked looking hopeful.

     “Yes, I feel connected to my parents still while I’m in the house, and I can’t bring myself to leave and sell the place, but most of all I don’t want to leave you mother.” Jonathon said the last part in the same voice he used as Jessica.

     “I’ll do all I can to help you do whatever it is you want to do with your life.” Joan promised as she gave Jonathon another hug.

*****


Chapter Six: Home is where the heart is

    Jonathon returned to his own place and packed up all his stuff. He’d hired a van from back home to drive there in, so he wouldn’t have to worry about returning it when he was done. Joan sorted her schedule out so she could go with him. The flat was rented and furnished when he moved in, so it was only boxes and light stuff to move, which he and Joan managed between them.

     “Is there nothing you’re going to miss about this place?” Joan asked as Jonathon was taking one last look around to make sure he hadn’t left anything behind.

     “Just the good times I had with Kirstin.” He admitted. “But I still have them up here.” He smiled as he tapped the side of his head.

     “So are you ready to go home then?” Joan asked with a grin.

     “Yes, let’s go home.” Jonathon smiled.

    They were soon back on the motorway heading for home and singing along to some songs on the radio. Jonathon was eager to get back and let Jessica out for an evening; it had been a couple of days since she was last out in the world.

     “When do you want to do this weekend get away with me as Jessica?” Jonathon asked as he drove the van.

     “I was only joking when I made that bet with you.” Joan admitted. “It wasn’t a fair bet really, because I already knew you wouldn’t get made.”

     “A bets a bet and I was looking forward to spending a weekend as your daughter.” Jonathon pouted, which made him look more like a girl than a boy.

     “I’ll get something sorted out for us then.” Joan grinned.

     “Do you have a place in mind?” Jonathon asked, trying to find out some details.

     “Yes, there’s a place in London that Jenny and I went to once before. They do a full makeover service and even have a night club we can go and have some fun in.” Joan said sounding excited. “You get to stop in the hotel where they do the makeover, and they sort out places for you to go shopping where all the staff are really nice to you.”

     “Places like that actually exist?” Jonathon asked, sounding excited himself now.

     “The hotel is called Wayne Towers, and the night club is called The Closet. You’re going to love it there.” Joan promised.

     “You’ll have to let me know how much I need to give you towards it.” Jonathon said.

     “This will be my little treat because I enjoyed getting a makeover last time as well, and I never did get you a birthday present.” Joan grinned.

     “Yes you did, you paid for that body waxing I had done.” Jonathon reminded her.

     “I wouldn’t call that a gift, more like a torture.” Joan giggled.

     “Granted it did hurt at the time, but I’ve loved the feel ever since.” Jonathon grinned.

    Joan told Jonathon about some of the things she and Jenny did on their last trip down to London and the makeover experience, which just made Jonathon want to try them out for himself. He was interested in spending time chatting in person with others like himself, rather than online like he’d been doing so far.

    They finally made it back to Jonathons parents house, now his. They decided to leave unloading the van until the next day.

     “I really feel like letting Jessica out for the evening mother, so I hope you’re not too tired to go out for dinner?” Jonathon asked looking hopeful.

     “That sounds like a plan to me.” Joan grinned back. “I’ll drive, because you’ve just driven the van back.” Joan said before Jonathon could argue with her. “And besides, you don’t have a licence, well not for Jessica, anyway” Joan smirked.

    Joan took a seat in the living room, while Jonathon ran up the stairs to get changed. Joan didn’t need to help him because he’d gotten quite good with makeup, and twenty minutes later he was stepping back into the living room looking the picture of happiness wearing a simple skirt and top combo, barely black pantyhose, and a pair of ballet flats. He had also managed to apply some fake nails.

     “No heels tonight Jessica?” Joan asked with a smirk.

     “No, my feet are hurting me already from all the driving and gear changing in that van.” Jonathon said, or more to the point it was Jessica that said it. Jonathon had been using the CD’s Joan gave him, and he’d managed to get a pretty convincing female voice now because of them. “I still look passable don’t I?” He asked with a pout.

     “You always look ready to break some poor man’s heart.” Joan laughed.

     “I’ll break more than that if they come near me.” Jonathon replied.

     “Now, now Jessica, that’s not very ladylike.” Joan warned.

     “Sorry mother.” Jonathon pouted again.

    Jonathon had learned to brush off men’s advances, and for the most part they accepted gracefully, but he’d still been called a lesbian by a couple of drunken men that took offence of him rejecting them. He was sure they’d be more offended if they found out what was in his panties, and the fact he could remove his breasts when he got home.

*****

    The two of them ended up at a restaurant because Joan wanted to talk to Jonathon about his plans for the future.

     “Have you given any thought to what you might want to do with yourself now you’ve decided to stop here?” Joan asked while they ate there meal.

     “I have been thinking about it mother, but I’m not very skilled in anything.” Jessica sighed. “As Jonathon I was always trying to do manly jobs, which is why I spent a lot of time out of work.” He sighed.

     “Have you ever thought about trying office work?”

     “No, not really.” Jessica replied.

     “Debbie my personal assistant is going to be going on maternity leave for several months, and I was wondering if you’d like to try taking her place.” Joan asked.

     “Do you mean as Jonathon, or Jessica?” He asked sounding nervous.

     “I was thinking as Jessica, you do seem to enjoy being her quite a bit at the minute.” Joan pointed out. “And I’m sure I can find you a spot somewhere else in the company when Debbie returns.”

     “I don’t actually need to find a job, thanks to my father leaving me everything, you do realise that right?” Jonathon asked.

     “I know, but I think you need to be doing something other than spending all day practicing with your little makeup kit.” Joan argued.

     “You make me sound like a child when you put it like that.” Jonathon giggled.

     “In a way you are, because you’re just finding your way into womanhood, or a version of it.” Joan started to explain. “I don’t want to give some poor girl a job, just to let her go at a later date when Debbie returns, and I also have trust issues with just hiring a temp to fill in.”

     “But what if I’m no good at the job?” Jonathon asked.

     “I was thinking you could start right away and work alongside Debbie, so she can show you the ropes.” Joan said, like she’d already given this a lot of thought.

     “What will happen if she finds out I’m not a real woman though?”

     “We will explain it all to her from the start, but I already know she will be fine with it, because she used to be my husband’s Assistant and she knew all about Jenny.

     “Do you mind if I take a little time to think it over?” Jonathon asked.

     “I wasn’t expecting an answer this second.” Joan smiled. “There was another matter I wanted to have a word with you about as well.” Joan said a couple of minutes later.

     “You’ve been doing a lot of thinking about me, haven’t you?” Jonathon giggled.

     “I was thinking that we need to get you a set of credit cards for Jessica to use.”

     “How can we do that?” Jonathon looked confused. “Wouldn’t we be breaking the law?” He asked in a whisper.

     “No, we would just be getting them as additional cards for your own accounts.” Joan giggled. “It would be no different to having a joint account with Kirstin if the two of you were still together.” She explained.

     “And you can really do that, but get Jessica put on them instead?” Jonathon asked.

     “Sure, most girls like you have some plastic they can use to go shopping with. Jenny and Donna both had some.” Joan said waving off Jonathon’s worries.

     “It would be nice to not worry every time I use the chip and pin.” Jonathon admitted. He had bought things using his male name’s credit cards, but he had always been worried about the shop assistant knowing he was really a man and making a scene, even though he passed easily.

     “You’ll need your own cards when we go to London.” Joan agreed.

     “Okay then, will you help me sort it all out?” Jonathon asked with a grin as he thought about doing some serious shopping in London as Jessica.

     “I’ll get the paperwork started tomorrow.” Joan agreed. It was Sunday, so Joan would get things moving first thing in the morning, she didn’t want to book their weekend away until Jessica had her own set of credit cards to use, due to Jonathon stopping at home that weekend.

    They finished their meal and then Joan drove Jessica home. Neither of them had any alcohol, so Joan was safe to drive. Jessica wished her mother a good night and then headed off into the house with the offer of a job with Joan at the forefront of his mind.

*****

    Joan was reading though some papers on the Monday morning in her office when Debbie buzzed her.

     “Yes Debbie?” Joan asked as she pushed the button on the intercom on her desk.

     “I’m sorry to bother you Joan, but I have your daughter here to see you.” Debbie said with confusion in her voice.

     “Please send her right in.” Joan said excitedly as she looked towards the office door. She didn’t have to wait long to see Jessica open the door and enter the office.

     “I hope I’ve not come at a bad time?” Jonathon asked in his female voice.

     “Not at all, I’m really pleased to see you here.” Joan grinned as she got up and walked around her desk so she could give him a hug. Joan then stepped back to give her daughter the once over and grinned even more when she saw how beautiful Jessica looked.

    Jonathon was wearing a business suit style skirt and jacket in grey, over a white silk blouse. He was wearing barely black pantyhose and a pair of court shoes with a three inch heel, which Joan had noticed him able to walk in perfectly.

     “Do I pass your inspection, mother?” Jonathon asked with a smirk, because he could already see that he did.

     “Yes, you look as pretty as a picture.” Joan gushed. “But what brings you here?” Joan asked looking worried.

     “I spent a lot of time last night thinking about what you said.” Jonathon started. “About coming to work here until I can work out what I want to do with my life.”

     “And what have you decided?” Joan asked, expecting the worse with him being there in her office.

     “I’m here ready to start learning.” Jonathon shrugged.

     “Really...?” Joan asked like she thought Jonathon might be teasing her.

     “Yes, really.” Jonathon giggled when he saw how excited Joan was with his answer.

     “Let me tell Debbie to make us all a drink, and then we can explain everything to her.” Joan said excitedly. “Then she can start training you to replace her.” Joan added as she pushed a button on her phone.

     “Yes Mrs Green?” Debbie’s voice came out the speaker.

     “Can you sort out some coffee for us, and I want you to join us for a cup as well.” Joan asked nicely. “And less of the Mrs Green...! I’ve warned you about that.” She teased.

     “Sorry Joan, but I wasn’t sure about being so personal when you had company.” Debbie explained.

    Jonathon was soon jumping up out the seat he’d sat in when he saw a pregnant Debbie enter the room carrying a large tray.

     “Please let me take that off you.” Jonathon said in his new female voice. Debbie just smiled, happy for the help. “Please take a seat and let me pour.” Jonathon added as he helped Debbie sit down in the spare seat facing Joan sat on the other side of the large desk.

     “Thank you Miss Green.” Debbie said with a sigh, glad of the sit down while she was served for once.

     “Please call me Jessica.” Jonathon smiled as he poured them all a cup of coffee out. “Do you want milk and sugar?” He asked Debbie, he already knew how Joan had hers.

     “Yes to both please Jessica.” Debbie smiled again. “Three lumps of sugar.” Debbie added with a blush. “I’ve had a terrible sweet tooth all the time I’ve been pregnant.” She explained when she saw the shocked look Jessica gave her.

    Jonathon sorted out a cup for Joan and then one for himself before he took his seat again, remembering to brush his skirt under himself before crossing his legs and then taking a sip from his cup. Jonathon couldn’t help smiling when he saw the lipstick mark he left on the edge of the cup.

     “Please don’t look so worried Debbie, you’ve done nothing wrong.” Joan said when she saw how nervous her assistant looked.

     “Then why have I been asked to join you for a coffee?” Debbie looked a little confused.

     “I wanted to talk to you about your maternity leave, and who you would be training up to take your place while you’re away.” Joan explained between sips. “I want you to train up my daughter.”

     “I hope you don’t think me out of line Joan, but I wasn’t aware you had a daughter.” Debbie looked confused as she looked at first Joan and then the woman sat in the seat next to her.

     “Jessica is my adopted daughter.” Joan smiled. “She is also the son of a very close friend who passed away recently, and he is now trying life from a new perspective.” She explained to an open mouthed Debbie as she looked at Jessica in shock now she knew this woman wasn’t really a woman at all.

     “You’re a man...?” Debbie finally got out as she looked Jessica up and down.

     “Yes I am.” Jonathon said in his normal voice. “I hope this won’t be a problem for you?” He asked in his female voice.

     “Wow, you look so... Pretty...” Debbie said, not sure what word to us. “How long have you been dressing like this?” She asked, eager to find out more about the beautiful creature sat next to her.

     “Thank you.” He blushed at the compliment. “I’ve been experimenting for a couple of weeks now, but I’ve had a lot of help from my mother.” Jonathon smiled at Joan as he said it.

     “You look this good after just a couple of weeks?” Debbie was still in shock.

     “Most of what you see is just padding.” Jonathon giggled. “I’m not much to look at in my male form.” He admitted. Jonathon was beginning to get nervous as Debbie looked him over for any signs of the male he claimed to be under all the female clothing and makeup.

     “Will there be any problems with you training Jessica to replace you while you’re away?” Joan asked, snapping Debbie out of her examination of Jessica.

     “I’m only going to keep your seat warm for you Debbie.” Jonathon promised. “Mother thought this would be a good way for me to keep busy why I decide what I want to do with my life.” He explained in his female voice.

     “I never had a problem with your husband being Jenny, so why would I have a problem with Jessica here?” Debbie smiled. “Provided she can do the job that is.” She warned.

     “I’ve not had much experience in an office, but I’m a hard worker and a quick study.” Jonathon said with a determined look on his face, or her face.

     “When will you be starting then?” Debbie asked with a smile, happy to give Jessica a chance to prove herself. Debbie couldn’t see Jessica as anything but a woman.

     “I can start just as soon as you show me what you want me to do first.” Jonathon smiled back.

     “Let us finish our drinks, and then Debbie can show you the ropes.” Joan said just before taking another sip from her cup.

    Joan and Jessica spent the next twenty minutes filling Debbie in on how Jonathon started dressing as Jessica. Debbie said how sad she was for Jessica’s loss. Debbie didn’t want to think of Jonathon as anything but a woman, so she said she would just refer to him as a woman called Jessica, which Jonathon was happy with. Once they finished their drinks, Jessica helped Debbie get to her feet and then she followed Debbie out of the room carrying the tray with the cups and other bits on it.

    Debbie showed Jessica to the small kitchen area where she made the drinks, and Jessica was quickly getting everything washed and then left it to dry on the draining board while Debbie gave her new help a tour of the outer office where the two of them would be working for the time being.

    Once the tour was over, the two of them got to work sorting out some paperwork for a meeting Joan had later in the day, and Jessica watched as Debbie took calls from the front desk.

     “Do all the calls come through the front desk?” Jessica asked after Debbie finished talking with someone on the phone before passing the call through to Joan.

     “Yes, they get to vet all the time wasters, so I just have to deal with our clients, and decide if they need to speak with Joan, or it’s something I can deal with.” Debbie explained as she sat back and groaned while rubbing her large bump of a belly.

     “Thank you for giving me a chance.” Jessica smiled. “How far along are you?” Jessica asked as she looked at Debbie’s belly.

     “Six months believe it or not.” Debbie giggled as she looked down at her large bump of a belly.

     “Six months...?” Jessica looked shocked. “But you’re so big already.” She added.

     “That’s the fun of having twins.” Debbie grinned.

     “Twins...?” Jessica grinned back at her. “Wow, that’s amazing.” She added as she went to reach out and touch Debbie’s belly, but pulled back when she realised Debbie might not want her touching it.

     “Go ahead and feel it, they might even give you a kick or two, heaven knows they love to kick me most the time while they’re fighting for room in there.” Debbie giggled again.

    Jessica placed her hand on Debbie’s belly and was soon pulling it away again when she felt it move, but she soon placed her hand back on Debbie’s belly again and giggled as she felt something pushing out at her hand like they knew someone was touching Debbie’s belly.

     “This feels so amazing, and to think that you have two little lives growing inside you right now.” Jessica said with a silly grin spread across her face.

     “Do you want to have children of your own one day?” Debbie asked as she watched Jessica getting excited over the movement of her belly.

     “Not like this.” Jessica said with a worried look as she quickly moved her hand away from Debbie’s belly like she might get infected and become pregnant from touching it.

     “I didn’t mean for you to get pregnant silly.” Debbie giggled. “I mean do you want to get married and settle down at some point in the future and have children of your own.” She explained in more detail.

     “I’ve never given it much thought to be honest with you.” Jessica admitted. “I’m not sure I could find a girl to want me now I’ve discovered this side of me.”

     “I’m sure there are lots of women out there that would jump at the chance to marry a guy who’s so in touch with his feminine side.” Debbie argued. “Unless you find that you want to become a woman and find a man to settle down with.”

     “No, I don’t want anything like that.” Jessica squeaked out with worry in her voice. “I just like the idea of being someone else some of the time, and Joan planted this seed about me trying this job out, and I thought it might be fun to see life from the other side of the fence.”

     “I think you’re pretty brave to give it a go.” Debbie smiled. “You do seem to know your way around a computer as well.” She admitted.

     “I took my ECDL, so it would help me find work, but I always tried to do the more manly heavy labour jobs, so I never had much use for it before now.” Jessica mumbled, embarrassed of how stupid she’d been in the past as Jonathon, and all the screwed up chances of a good job he’d missed out on because he was always trying to be something he wasn’t.

     “I had a couple of boyfriends that were just like you before I found Paul.” Debbie said the name Paul in a dreamy voice. “Paul just doesn’t care what anyone else thinks about him, he’s all about making me happy, and I know he’s going to make a wonderful father, just as I know you will when you find the right woman.”

     “You’ve worked out all that after just meeting me?” Jessica asked.

     “I just have a good feeling about you.” Debbie smiled.

     “So you don’t think me weird then for dressing like this and pretending to be a woman?” Jessica said as she looked down at her long red painted nails sat in the lap of her skirt, which she could see her nylon covered legs sticking out the bottom of.

     “No, not weird, maybe a little different, but it sounds like you were having more trouble as a man trying to fit in, and this seems to make you happy.” Debbie tried to explain. “Joan’s been much happier these past couple of weeks as well, so you must be doing something right.” Debbie added with a grin.

     “She makes me wish I really was her daughter sometimes.” Jessica admitted with a sigh when she thought how much fun it was to go shopping and just enjoy her company while they ate a meal together.

     “She’s a wonderful woman, and a great boss to work for.” Debbie agreed. “I must admit that I was worried about going on maternity leave and her not wanting me back.” Debbie admitted with a little shame in her voice.

     “Why would you think something like that?” Jessica sounded shocked.

     “I don’t know, it was just a feeling I had, that she would find someone better and not want to let them go when I was ready to return to work.” Debbie shrugged, not really having an answer for her feeling this way.

     “Joan told me that she couldn’t find anyone as good as you even if she tried, and she could never find someone she trusted as much.” Jessica smiled.

     “She really said that about me?” Debbie asked with pride in her voice.

     “Yes, and that is why she asked me to fill in for you until you’re ready to return to work.” Jessica grinned. “So I think your job is safe.” She added with a giggle.

    Debbie had to answer the phone just then, so Jessica got back to entering data on the computer, trying to help make Debbie’s day a little easier.

    Joan’s clients arrived and Jessica showed them into the office and then sorted them all out with some drinks so Debbie didn’t have to struggle. Joan smiled a proud smile when she saw how professional Jessica was behaving as she made small talk with her clients while pouring their drinks out and handing them around.

*****

    Jessica had just finished inputting some data when she saw it was just after midday. “What do you do for lunch?” She asked Debbie.

     “I normally eat when Joan does, that way I know she’s had something.” Debbie frowned. “She would go all day without eating if I didn’t keep an eye on her.”

     “Does that mean we have to wait for her to finish with her clients then?” Jessica asked.

     “You don’t have to, but I’ll wait for her to finish.” Debbie replied with a smile. “Joan and I like to sit and talk while we eat our lunch, well she likes to sit and listen to me talk about Paul and me.” She giggled.

     “I’ll wait as well then, and join you if you don’t mind?” Jessica asked looking hopeful.

     “I’d like that, and I know Joan would.” Debbie grinned.

    Joan finally finished with her clients, and she asked Debbie to sort out some copies of a file she handed her, so copies could be made for the clients to take away with them. Once that was done, Joan walked the clients out while Jessica collected up the cups and the tray before returning it all to the small kitchen and getting everything washed, dried and put away.

     “Thanks for doing all that for me Jessica.” Debbie smiled when Jessica returned to the outer office where the two of them worked.

     “Think nothing of it.” Jessica smiled back. “I am your gofer, after all.” She added with a grin.

     “Gofer...?” Debbie looked confused.

     “Yes, go for this, go for that...” Jessica giggled.

     “I see you as more than just a gofer Jessica.” Debbie said sounding a little hurt over how little Jessica thought of herself.

     “I know I am, but anything I can do to keep you and the babies well, I’m willing to do, so just ask and I’ll sort it out.” Jessica said with pride.

     “You’re the best, girlfriend.” Debbie said as she stood up and gave Jessica a hug to thank her. “I wish I could send you to the restroom for me right now.” She added with a groan as she broke the hug and waddled off towards the restroom Joan had as part of her office.

    Jessica sat down behind the desk and carried on sorting out the data Debbie had started her on just before Joan asked them to sort out the other data she’d been working on with the client she was just meeting with. Jessica only looked up and smiled after she realised that she was being watched. She found Joan grinning down at her from the other side of the desk.

     “Hi mother, I’m sorry I didn’t hear you come back into the office.” Jessica said looking worried as she got to her feet.

     “Relax Jessica.” Joan smiled. “What happened to Debbie?” She asked.

     “She needed to use the restroom.” Jessica whispered, even though they were the only two in the outer office.

     “The twins playing up again...?” Joan giggled. “The poor girl spends most the day running back and forth to the bathroom.”

     “Looked more like a waddle to me.” Jessica pointed out as she remembered the slow walk Debbie was doing when she left the office in the direction of the restroom.

     “I suppose you’re right.” Joan agreed as she thought about the way Debbie was walking around at the minute, due to her carrying two babies inside her. “I was thinking of going out for lunch, and I want you and Debbie to come with me.” Joan ordered more than asked.

     “Don’t you need someone to stop here and keep an eye on the phones?” Jessica asked.

     “The main reception can take care of that.” Joan said waving off Jessica’s worries. “You’re doing a wonderful job, and my clients just now said the same thing.”

     “I was just trying to help Debbie out as much as I could.” Jessica said playing down her little waitressing job from earlier.

     “Are you getting on alright with Debbie then?” Joan asked.

     “Yes, she’s really nice, and she’s teaching me so much about the job.” Jessica said as she looked down at the desk she was sat behind with pride.

     “So you’ll cover for Debbie while she’s off on her maternity leave then?” Joan looked hopeful for a yes, she wasn’t disappointed when Jessica started grinning and nodding her head up and down.

     “Yes, but only until Debbie is ready to come back to work.” Jessica warned.

     “Do you think me foolish enough to let her get away; she’s worth her weight in gold, and then some.” Joan sounded shocked that Jessica could think such a thing, not that she had.

    Debbie finally returned from the restroom and she grabbed her coat and purse once she found out Joan was taking them all out for some lunch. Debbie didn’t look surprised to hear this, so Jessica thought they must do it all the time. So once they were all ready to leave, Debbie and Jessica followed Joan out of her part of the building, and then out past the main reception where Joan informed the woman behind the desk to take messages and she would get back to anyone important after lunch.

    Jessica looked a little worried when she saw the woman behind the desk scowl at her for some reason. Jessica couldn’t work out why the woman looked ready to kill her where she stood.

     “Don’t mind Rebecca.” Debbie whispered in Jessica’s ear as they left the building. “I think she was hoping to get my job while I was on my maternity leave, so she could show Joan just how good she is.” Debbie added with a roll of her eyes.

     “Out of everyone that works in my company, Rebecca would be the last one I asked to fill in for you Debbie.” Joan frowned as she looked back over her shoulder at the two of them following just behind. “She likes her office gossip a little too much to be working so closely with our clients.” Joan warned.

     “Great, not even the end of my first day, and already I have enemies.” Jessica grinned sarcastically. “I’m sure she’ll have a field day when she finds out about my secret.” She added looking more worried now.

     “She won’t find out.” Joan said in a flat tone. “Debbie and I will be the only two at the company who knows you’re not really a woman called Jessica.” Joan explained to a shocked looking Jessica.

     “I’d never tell anyone anyway, but I’d never say a word to that blabber mouth.” Debbie said, making it sound like there was no love lost between her and Rebecca to begin with.

     “Debbie was planning to inform everyone at the office about her becoming a mother, but Rebecca found out and spread it all over the place before Debbie had a chance, so that is why the two of them don’t get on, and why I would never have her working as my assistant.” Joan explained when she saw the shocked look on Jessica’s face over the way Debbie hated Rebecca.

     “What a bitch...!” Jessica found herself saying. They had made it to Joan’s car and were all sat in it by the time Jessica said this, so Joan and Debbie just burst out in a fit of giggles. Jessica had gotten in the back of Joan’s car, so Debbie had a little more leg room in the front.

     “I don’t know what kind of a man you are Jessica, but I do love you as a woman.” Debbie said between giggles.

     “You have met him as a man, Debbie.” Joan pointed out as she pulled out of the car park on to the main road.

     “I have...?” Debbie looked puzzled as she looked over her shoulder at the woman in the back, and tried to remember having ever seen a man in the office that looked like the male version of her. “Are you sure...?” She asked, not sure if Joan was just playing with her.

     “Yes I’m sure.” Joan smirked. “Do you remember a Jonathon Phipps coming to see me a couple of weeks back?” Joan asked.

     “Yes, David Phipps son.” Debbie said as she remembered the man that had come to see Joan.

     “That was me coming to see Joan for the first time.” Jessica pointed out.

     “That was you...?” Debbie looked even more shocked now she could put a male face and body to the woman sat in the back seat of Joan’s car right now.

    Even though Joan and Jessica had told Debbie all about the reason for Jonathon being dressed like a woman now, they had left out any details that could lead Debbie to finding out who Jessica really was.

     “I do look a little different now don’t I?” Jessica asked with a grin.

     “Please don’t take this the wrong way, but I never gave you much of a look as a man, but you sure make one sexy looking woman.” Debbie admitted.

     “I wouldn’t let your Paul hear you saying stuff like that Debbie, he might get the wrong idea.” Joan laughed.

     “Paul knows I only have eyes for him.” Debbie giggled. “But you have to admit that I’m right about Jessica looking much better as a woman than a man?”

     “I like him in either form, but he does look much more relaxed when he’s Jessica.” Joan smiled as she looked in the rear view mirror at Jessica sat in the back of the car blushing.

    Jessica was glad when they got to the restaurant and Joan managed to get Debbie to talk about other things. Jessica was soon finding out about Debbie’s past and how she met Paul, and what names she’d picked out for the twins. Jessica also found out that neither Debbie nor Paul had wanted to know the sex of their babies before they were born, so they had boy and girl names picked out for both.

    Once lunch was over they returned to the office where Jessica had to face the evil looks from Rebecca on the main desk, but Jessica just smiled at her as she followed Joan and Debbie back to their part of the building.

    Jessica was soon busy doing her job and helping to keep Debbie off her feet by doing all the running around for her. Jessica bumped into Rebecca on her way back from taking some documents to another department on one of her trips out of the office for Joan and Debbie.

     “Hi, I’m Rebecca; I gather you must be the replacement for Debbie when she goes on maternity leave.” Rebecca smiled, but Jessica could see that she was being sized up. “If you ever need anything, please just come and ask.” She added in a sickly sweet sounding voice.

     ‘Like a knife in the back...?’ Jessica thought to herself, but smiled instead of saying it. “I will, and thank you for the warm welcome.” She said. “I’m sorry, but I really should get back now, I’m not having the best first day.”

     “I’m sorry to hear that.” Rebecca pouted, but Jessica thought she was probably doing cartwheels in her head thinking she was going to get the job after all when Joan fired Jessica.

     “Is everything alright Jessica?” Debbie asked when she saw a frowning Jessica enter the outer office.

     “Not really, I just had a run in with Rebecca.” Jessica sighed as she fell down into her seat next to Debbie.

     “What happened?” Debbie asked looking worried.

     “Nothing bad, but I could swear she was planning different ways to help me lose my new job.” Jessica frowned some more. “She said I could go and ask her for help if I ever needed it.” She added using the same tone as Rebecca had used.

    Debbie giggled at just how much like Rebecca Jessica sounded, and she liked how she could also use the same body language as Rebecca. “I know what you mean about her, it’s almost like she’s a spider and you’re the fly stuck in her web, just waiting for her to come along and eat you.” Debbie shuddered at the thought of it.

     Jessica was glad she didn’t have to go out again that afternoon, so she didn’t risk bumping into Rebecca again, but Jessica was happy to meet Paul, Debbie’s husband when he came to pick her up at the end of the day.

     “Hi baby...!” Debbie grinned as she held out her arms and let her husband wrap his arms around her and then they kissed each other.

    Jessica looked away trying to look busy filing some paperwork to give them a little bit of privacy.

     “I want you to meet my replacement when I go on maternity leave.” Debbie said as she dragged Paul over to where Jessica was sat working. “Jessica, this is Paul my husband, and Paul, this is Jessica, my replacement and new friend.” Debbie added looking proud of them both.

     “Hello Paul, it’s nice to meet you.” Jessica said nervously. “Debbie’s told me so much about you, that I feel like I’ve known you for years.” She added with a nervous laugh.

     “Hello Jessica. I hope it was all good?” He laughed nervously himself.

     “Jessica’s been a really great help today Paul, She wouldn’t let me do any running around or heavy lifting.” Debbie pouted in a playful way.

     “I’m pleased to hear it.” Paul said as he pulled Debbie closer and kissed her again.

    Jessica found herself thinking about Kirstin, and how they would kiss like that, and how much she missed it. She wondered what Kirstin would say if she could see Jonathon right now pretending to be a woman called Jessica, he wondered if she would still want to kiss him or if she would just laugh and then run away in fear.

     “Thank you for doing all that Jessica.” Paul said, snapping Jessica out of her thoughts. “I do worry about her doing too much while she’s here.” Paul admitted.

     “Well worry not, because she won’t be doing too much while I’m around.” Jessica promised.

    Paul helped Debbie get her things together, and then Debbie poked her head in Joan’s office and said she was going now. Debbie then gave Jessica a hug and thanked her for all the help and said she’d see her bright and early in the morning, before she finally left with Paul.

    Jessica finished off the filing she was doing and then she went to see if Joan wanted another drink before she left for home herself. Jessica had gotten a taxi over to the office, but she was going to give the local bus service a go, so she could see how long it took her to get home. She still wasn’t sure about driving her car while being dressed as a woman, when all her ID was for a man called Jonathon.

     “Come in...!” Joan shouted when she heard a knock on the door. “Hello Jessica, is everything alright?” Joan asked with a smile when she saw Jessica enter the room.

     “Yes, fine, but I was just wondering if you wanted another coffee before I left?” Jessica asked.

     “No thank you, I’m about done myself for one day.” Joan said as she sat back in her chair looking tired from looking through paperwork scattered across her desk. “How did you get here today? I don’t remember seeing your car in the car park.” Joan asked.

     “I got a taxi here, but I’m going to try the bus to get home again.” Jessica said looking nervous about being around so many strangers while dressed as a woman.

     “I won’t have my daughter getting a bus.” Joan said in a stern motherly way that made Jessica grin. “You can get a lift home with me, but not before we grab some dinner first.” Joan ordered more than asked, again.

     “Yes mother...” Jessica said, sounding like a bored teenager.

    Joan was soon ready to leave and the two of them left the office. Jessica was glad to see that Rebecca had already left for the day, and there was only a guard sat behind the desk now.

     “Good night Roger, I’ll see you tomorrow.” Joan said to the guard.

     “Goodnight ma’am. Drive safe.” The guard replied with a smile. “Goodnight Miss.” He added as he looked at Jessica.

     “Goodnight Roger.” Jessica smiled at him, which made the man look like the happiest man in the world.

     “I think you just made a friend for life now.” Joan giggled as they walked over to her car and got in.

     “Why do you say that?” Jessica asked.

     “Not many bother to talk to Roger or the other guards, but I’ve always made a point to treat them just like I do all the other people that work for me.” Joan explained. “They are each just as important, and they all help to keep the company going strong.” She added with pride.

     “Debbie said you were an amazing boss to work for, and I can see what she means now.” Jessica said after getting in the car and putting her seatbelt on.

     “I just like to treat people the same way I liked to be treated, but I can play hardball when needed, so don’t think me a push over.” Joan warned, but she was grinning as she said it, so Jessica wasn’t that worried about the warning.

    They were soon parked up at a restaurant Joan must come to a lot Jessica thought, because the manager called her by name and then walked over and gave her a kiss on each cheek.

     “I see you’re not eating alone tonight.” The man smiled as he looked Jessica up and down before taking hold of her hand and then kissing it. “My name is Tony, and it is a pleasure to have two such beautiful creatures in my restaurant.” He added as he led the two of them further into the place and sat them at a table.

    Jessica was still shocked over Tony kissing her hand, but the fact they had just jumped a long line of people to get seated at a table right away, made her feel a little special.

     “I know that you will only drink sparkling water my dear Joan, but can I interest you friend in a glass of our best red wine?” Tony asked as he looked at Jessica.

     “I’ll have a sparkling water as well please.” Jessica smiled.

     “I’d like you to meet my Daughter, Jessica.” Joan said when she was able to get a word in edgeways.

     “A daughter...?” Tony asked looking shocked to hear this news. “But you look far too young to have a daughter of this age.” He argued.

     “Those are kind words Tony, but she is my one and only daughter.” Joan smiled proudly as she took hold of Jessica’s hand.

     “What tower have you been hiding her in all this time?” Tony asked.

     “She’s been studying away from home, but I’m glad to say she’s come home to start work at the family business.” Joan informed him.

     “That’s wonderful news.” Tony Grinned. “I now get to serve two beautiful women.” Tony was soon running off to get their meal sorted out, even though they hadn’t ordered anything yet.

     “He never asked what we wanted.” Jessica pointed out.

     “He has a knack for being able to tell what some people like to eat, and he’s never disappointed me yet.” Joan explained.

    Joan was right about him being able to work out what people wanted to eat, and Joan and Jessica were soon sat with salmon salads, and enjoying them very much.

     “Debbie said you’re a natural in the office, and you pick things up very quickly.” Joan said as they ate their meal.

     “When did you find time to talk with Debbie?” Jessica asked nervously.

     “We spoke while you were running one of those errands.” Joan smirked.

     “I was just doing what I could to make Debbie’s day easier.” Jessica shrugged like she didn’t think she’d done anything special.

     “Well keep it up and you will do me proud.” Joan smiled. “I wanted to let you know that I got the paperwork sent off for you to get credit and debit cards with the name Jessica Phipps on them, and I think you should start driving your car more.”

     “Thank you for sorting out the thing with my cards, but won’t I get in trouble for driving my car while dressed like this?” Jessica asked in a whisper, not wanting anyone to overhear their conversation.

     “Jenny and Donna got stopped a number of times, and as long as you explain from the start who you really are, the police can’t do anything, not as long as there is nothing wrong with your car or documentation.” Joan explained.

     “I still need to inform the DVLA that I’ve moved back home again, but everything else is legal.”

     “You better get the logbook filled in and sent off then, and in the mean time I will give you a lift in with me, just to be on the safe side.” Joan frowned. “You do get the odd officer that doesn’t like girls like you, and would use any excuse to arrest you.” Joan added.

     “Did they ever try to arrest Jenny or Donna?” Jessica asked.

     “One officer did try to arrest Jenny once, but he bit off more than he could chew, and he realised it when he found out that Jenny was a solicitor, and knew that the officer was in the wrong.” Joan smirked. “I think that story has become an urban legend in the police force, and now they don’t go starting trouble as much if they do find a special kind of girl driving a car.” Joan added with a knowing look.

    Jessica couldn’t help giggling as she thought of some police officer being taken down a peg or two by a man dressed as a woman. It reminded her of a film she’d watched with Kirstin one night, where a police officer pulled over a car that had three drag queens in it. Jessica couldn’t remember the name of the film, but she did remember it had Patrick Swayze, Wesley Snipes and John Leguizamo in it.

     “It was a funny thing to see.” Joan giggled, snapping Jessica out of her trying to remember the name of the film. She later remembered it was called To Wong Fu Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar.

     “So you were in the car when it happened?” Jessica asked. “Why weren’t you driving then?”

     “I couldn’t drive at the time, never had a need to learn.” Joan shrugged. “I only learned to drive after John died.” She explained.

    They finished their dinner and Tony served them a piece of cheesecake covered in blueberries for desert. Joan tried to pay for the meal, but Tony just said their beauty was more than payment enough. They both thanked him with a kiss on the cheek before they left, so Joan could drop Jessica off at home before heading home herself.

     “Do you think Tony would have given us the meal for free if he knew I wasn’t a real woman?” Jessica asked as they drove back to her house.

     “Tony wouldn’t be bothered, other than being jealous that you look so good while dressed.” Joan looked over towards Jessica with a smirk. “He sometimes goes by the name Tanya, and has even been known to serve in the restaurant as her.” she informed Jessica.

     “Does most the male population on the planet dress as women?” Jessica asked with shock in her voice.

     “More than you’d realise, but they do it in secret for the most part, due to their partners not being as understanding as I am, or Jonathon’s mother was of Donna. Joan sighed.

    Joan was soon pulling up outside Jessica’s home, but before she let Jessica out the car she wanted to have a quick word about work.

     “Before you go, I just wanted you to know that as far as anyone other than me and Debbie know, you are my niece.” Joan warned.

     “Do you have a niece?” Jessica asked.

     “No, but it’s going to be easier to sell to everyone than me suddenly having a daughter.” Joan grinned. “And we can just say that I’m like a mother to you, so that is why you call me mother.” She added like it wasn’t going to be a big problem.

    Jessica wished Joan a good night and then she made her way into the house, glad to be taking off her heels and getting out of all the clothes. She was soon back in male mode or naked and running a bubble bath to relax in with a glass of wine to sip on.

    Jonathon had no trouble finding sleep once he finally got out the bath and crawled into bed.

*****

 

To Be Continued Next Tuesday  GRIN

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

up
251 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I am warming up to it a bit

And yep I have learning experiences with bitches at work.

Nasty.

Kim

Glad that Jessica had closure

with her father. Love seeing her relate to her mother's employees, hope to see Jessica/Jonathan get back with Kirstin

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Thank you Sara,

You are so good at telling the stories of a young man finding herself,quite delightful.

ALISON

A very fun and entertaining

A very fun and entertaining story looking forward to more :)

There's always at least one

There's always at least one predatory woman in offices who'd backstab their own mother if it meant getting ahead.

Great story, looking forward to more.

Big hugs

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p