The Center: Looking Back Chapter 1: How I Arrived

Printer-friendly version

My name is Emile and here I am reminiscing about a pointless fight what should have only ended one way and that is not in my favour. This happened when life was normal but now that normality has ended just like my life and everything I knew has changed.

My name is Emile and here I am reminiscing about a pointless fight what should have only ended one way and that is not in my favour. This happened when life was normal but now that normality has ended just like my life and everything I knew has changed.

Here I was sitting in the IT classroom of my favourite teacher whilst enjoying having free time to just play games or do anything on the computer I want, it seems like everything is shaping up for a good afternoon well as good as a Friday afternoon can get but the cruel gods of fait don’t want everything to go that way for me. Whilst online playing games and chatting with friends there is someone standing very close behind me so I politely turned around and asked him “if he could move back a bit” as he was too close to my back, this seems like a minor problem well it is about to get worse. As soon as I said that, the whole afternoon would change what would cause a chain of events that would change my life, as the next thing I know I am being head butted into the back of the head and being asked to fight him but I ignored him and when he walked off I thought that was the end of the problem. When I thought crisis averted and was about to get back into the game I notice movement in the corner of my eye and I noticed he was running at me, when he got to me he tried to grab my throat and nearly through me off my chair but then the teacher stopped it. I think I must have been in shock or something over that incident and I didn’t really do anything for the next ten minutes till the end of the lesson, but then I wasn’t really able to go to as it was PE which on a normal day I enjoy but today I had to make a statement about what happened and then eventually go home.

The next school day I am informed by my tutor who was also my IT teacher that Lee the person involved has been expelled for a few weeks so I think that everything is settled, the unusual thing about what happened yesterday is that everyone is on my side what normally isn’t the case for me no matter what happened as I was not like the others one thing against me was the fact I have dyspraxia and my writing is affected by that and it also affects my organisational skills and concentration levels whilst also makes me clumsier than a lot of people my age so that is part of the reasons everyone tends to treats me different another reason is because I express my opinions whenever possible and my opinions tend to go against the school status quo and a lot of people do not like that. I also show my emotions more than is socially acceptable for any male to do within the culture of this country and many countries similar I have cried numerous amounts of times in front of people all of that added together made me the biggest outcast of the entire school.

The next week is a week off and I go out with my neighbour’s nephew who is 5 years younger than me to play football (soccer) at the nearest pitch, which can be seen from my house, whilst up on the pitch I notice someone repeatedly walking up and down next to the pitch but chose to ignore it and it will have the same results as the asking Lee to move in school two weeks previously as it is Lee’s brother and when he saw us he told him where I was. When I next looked up, I notice the person who was walking up and down the pitch walking towards me and I realise who it is and then he starts to asking if I had a fight with his brother and why, I realised that this is more than likely going to end up in a fight so try to defuse the situation. Nothing changed for another 5 minutes and then I notice someone else walking towards us so I think that my friend and me can get back to our game but luck is not in our favour as it is Lee.

So that is how I got into this fight and unfortunately how I got into this fight and unfortunately dragged my friend into it as well.

I know that this can only end one way for me and that is not in my favour. The first move caught me by surprise as while I was watching approaching Lee his brother decides to try to get a sly punch in hitting me on the side of my face leaving me stunned for a moment but fortunately, for me my friend decided to help before I could be on the end of another hit before I could recover. The unfortunate thing for me is that now both of them are in a position to fight and I am not a very good fighter so this is going to be a short fight as both of them are stronger than me. The fight lasted only a few minutes as they were stronger and were more used to fighting than me and my friend they decide to take one of us each and they easily took down my friend only throwing a few well-chosen punches while one of them is trying to get to me but I manage to dodge a few of the punches until there is both of them trying to get me and that is when I end up getting hit and knocked down. After I had fell they start to kick me while I am down I was starting to pass out then I started to feel a strange feeling rushing throughout my body and then I noticed that the kicking had stopped and I passed out.

The next thing I knew was that I in a car what seemed big so I correctly assumed that it was a SUV. I then noticed that the SUV was filled with people who seemed to be around my age. I decided to sit up in the car and notice that I didn’t feel any pain so I assumed I was dead and these people where really angels what had come to take me to the afterlife of somewhere in a way I was right as Emile did as far as the world was concerned did die. It was not long after sitting up that I discovered who the people in the car were as they introduced themselves the first was a girl called Liz who in thought was the best looking of the people out of the group, she then handed over to a girl almost as good looking as her who she called mom even though it was impossible for her to be her mother as she could only have been as old as me who then introduced herself as Kristyn, there was another girl called Danielle there as well.

Once everybody had introduced themselves I was told a story so unrealistic I laughed they said that there was a group of terrorist who at one point around 9 months before I was born that attacked a genetics lab and destroyed that was near a bottled water facility and the water ended up getting contaminated with the research what was going on at the genetics lab and when the contaminated water ended up being drank by a pregnant woman that the woman would end up dying in childbirth and then after 16 years for the majority of people exposed to this water before being born they would end up changing into the opposite gender and gaining some type of super power, but some people had transitioned earlier than 16 years after being born.

I did not believe a word of it until Kristyn should me some sort of weird spark thing that she could control herself then she claimed to be an Electrokinetic meaning she could manipulate and create electricity. Liz then claimed to be a healer, which is pretty self-explanatory as what she can do she claimed that was why I didn’t feel like I had just been beat up and Danielle claimed that she was a empath what meant that she could feel whatever emotions that people have. If they are angry, she could feel it like it was her own anger she can also push her own emotions on to others. They then said that I was a gravitational manipulator and that is what had happened they said that while I was on the ground that I had what they called my first emergence just before passing out and that I sent the Lee and his brother a mile into the sky and then they fell from there to their death, when they said that I still didn’t believe them so I didn’t feel anything for taking their lives until I realised that they were serious and I then asked what happened to my friend but they said that I had killed him accidentally as well the explained that they arrived just after the people who I threw up into the air had just landed and that there was nothing they could do except to heal me and that was when I broke down in a fit of emotions still not sure that I hadn’t just been kicked in my head one too many times and went crazy.

It was not long after I broke that we arrived at an airport and then we drove up to a plane what looked like an airplane the government use to transport important people around in. when we took off they explained that we were going to a place what they called The Center, they then explained that it was a place where they took what they called the emerged to help them adjust and also help them better control their powers and continue their education in a safe environment, with people who had underwent the same thing so understood how hard it can be.

The flight itself was quick as it took less than an hour to before we landed it was also smooth with no turbulence that was a first for me as every time I had been on a flight there had been some turbulence. I was trying to keep my mind occupied because I did not want to think of the family I would have to leave behind and only have a photograph of if what these people had told me were true which I was starting to believe them, as their story was so crazy no one would even think of making it up.

As soon as we landed, I was rushed to a bunker and they said it was for everyone’s safety was starting to feel nervous and then I felt that strange feeling running through me again, and started to feel pain throughout my whole body like the others said I would and then I 100% believed them and then I passed out again.

please comment on how I could improve as I haven't write any stories in around 6 years in school

up
99 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Great Start.

One hell of a way to find out you have powers, and unfortunately an innocent person was killed in the process. May be a bit more story between the first attack and the fall from grace would smooth things out, but the concept and descriptions were good. I just got the impression of nervousness. Just relax and let it flow. We do not bite the writers here, unless you pay extra.

Huggles
Misha Nova

With those with open eyes the world reads like a book

celtgirl_0.gif

Nibbles

Nibbles are free for those that ask. Gives us a taste on whether we need to count our calories or not.

Thanks for a new chapter in

the Center series. A gravity manipulator can be very dangerous, maybe the most dangerous of all. Will Emile's dyspraxia continue after complete Emergence?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Good Start

Keep going & let your creativity take the story where it needs to go , as you know from reading our stories seem to take on a life of thier own given a chances. KUODS for starting as a new author at BCTS. GOOD LUCK :-) RICHIE2

Improvements feedback...

It's a catch-22. You can't improve your writing unless you write, so keep at it.

As soon as we landed, I was rushed to a bunker and they said it was for everyone’s safety was starting to feel nervous and then I felt that strange feeling running through me again, and started to feel pain throughout my whole body like the others said I would and then I 100% believed them and then I passed out again.

please comment on how I could improve as I haven't write any stories in around 6 years in school

A lot of run on sentences. I suggest loading Open/Libre Office or using Word. Pretty much most of the newer word processors provide some level of grammar checking. Open/Libre Office is free.

Here is my suggested edit, but I'm not that good either. :)

As soon as we landed, they rushed me into a bunker. ( Active Voice is better than passive voice when possible )

The Center people said it was for everyone’s safety and I started to feel nervous. A strange feeling ran through me again and I started to feel pain in every cell of my body. Just like the others warned me about, but at the time I didn't see how it could be possible. I sure believed them now. Thankfully, I passed out again.

Please comment on how I might/may improve with my writing. I haven't written any stories since I graduated school six years ago.

-- Sleethr

A story has a way to get you to write

We the wierdos of your mind. would like you to add a story chapter with what is in your mind
something is bottled up there ... sug,, talent testing will tell a lot as we get to know the new girl ... center people seem to know what is going on but a new student has a lot to learn ...
she could lift a train or move a bilding ...she has to learn to be a girl and control her talent
..She has to be involved in some way to help the center save some other person to get to the center...she can fly a plane without power . or fly a truck and land where she whats to..move a boat or ship without power ..
may tth fourse be wid u ... Rone Wells

thanks !

i am a fan of ''the center'' story,s
and yours is a very good adition to the serie
stil hoping for a girl who scares the shit out of everybody .
a rebel ,one so powerfull she cant be forced to comply ,one without knowing whats wright ore wrong .
and is easily scared ore angered so she needs an kind of empath guide

anyway i have a couple of senario,s but lack the wil ,time and the knowhow to write my own .

so again thank you for writing

erik je