Jem...Chapter 84

Printer-friendly version
Angel/Jem
Jem…Chapter 84

by Bailey Summers

Copyright © 2013 Bailey Summers
All Rights Reserved.

Jem…Chapter 84

Chapter 84

 


Author's Note: Picture used with permission from *lavonia on deviantart.


 
Chapter 84
 

I take a few deep breaths after our pictures and singing and then it’s back to he post gig stuff is next. I’m glad for it though since I’m wiped out as much as the rest of the girls and break our gear down first and I bought baby wipes and shammies and we clean stuff as we break things down with wiping things down and then wiping them clear after that and I might be picky but everything gets cleaned and put away neatly right down to all our cordage.

I’m doing this first while clean up is going on with the staff of the pub. Then we all head down to the tables where Mike’s got the computers and the tips and I’m going over things with the girls not just Rayne. I want all of us to know the ins and outs of all of the stuff for the band. Brooklyn’s sort of hungry for this and Kim’s got this ow math’s hurting my brain thing going on.

We did really good tonight too, the tips went up a lot with us staying out front that last part to talk to the crowd as we were taking the requests. There’s a lot of fives and tens, loonies and toonies but there’s also some twenties there as well. It’s a lot of money even with us going to split it up like before.

Adding in the tips from the girls willing to share in and the bartenders and then splitting it all into equal shares nets us close to fifty dollars each. It was forty eight and change but still while it’s less than the girls that didn’t share in there’s still people getting paid a fair share of the work. Food gets cooked, tables get bussed and dishes washed and you take that stuff away and well…you might as well shut the place up early.

I don’t get why people forget that.

But I do get that six people are going home tonight with nearly fifty bucks in pocket they wouldn’t have and that’s really cool.

And with Jake’s cheques for each of us for the night we took in close to a hundred and seventy each. That’s really good money, big money for a bunch of teenagers but at the other side of the coin. I’m sore, my throat’s a little worn and my hands and feet are hurting a bit more than the rest of me. It’s hard work doing this on our feet all that time on stage. The rush of it helps but when you’re done and it wears off.

I’m so…more than grateful when Daddy and Uncle Mitch help load us up. We say our goodnites and good mornings and we head out for home in our little convoy and I’m so glad to see my yard and my house.

I kind of have that happy smile even if I’m beat at the thought.

Y’know Dad’s will always be home too but our place is really starting to feel that way now for me too.

We do a mini stop at our bank to drop off the cheques into our deposit to get taken care of and we keep the tips. Well I shove another twenty of mine into my saving account. Every little bit right?

As tired as I am I still make us a strong pot of coffee. We unload and unpack and we set the computers back up and get things downloaded and edited for some of the pages and we put the You tube stuff up and we put the videos up too on I-tunes. Something Mike showed us to do this morning and the whole part with us talking to the fans we put up there if people want to buy it but we also have it for free on our You Tube channel.

We discussed whether to keep it just on I-tunes for pay but that’s kind of a greedy bitch move and so we have it for free or people can collect our videos and support us at the same time.

I send an e-mail with attached video links to our copyrights leasing guys and ask for a billing on the songs we used and covered including posting them up. We have a Pay-pal account set up to deal with that and I’ll send them the cash once billed.

Sigh…done.

And we’re sort of online with the fans while nursing the last of our coffees and Dad pulls off a very Yay Daddy moment as he went out and comes back with stuff for breakfast. It’s really nice too all snuggled up with Rayne sort of sleepy and the sun’s coming in through the window and making us all warm and fuzzy.

And then there’s those smells of Dad’s pancakes and they are awesome really with his own batter that is amazing and he’ll toss in some chocolate chips or fruit. I like berries and there’s something about raspberries in a pancake that just makes them more. Though I’ll confess I like banana one’s too. Those he does a bit different and tosses the sliced banana in butter and brown sugar and microwaves them, it sort of cooks the banana while melting the butter and sugar and he’ll put them on the pancake griddle first and then after a few seconds pour the batter over them.

Dad didn’t cook a lot but the few little Dad-Secrets are just….

Like his pancakes.

Serious snuggle food and I can see it on the faces of the girls. Rayne who’s missing her dad and then there’s Brooklyn and Kimmie who’ve never had their own dad’s do this for them at all.

And Uncle Mitch is evil because he makes hot milkshakes for us. Yeah…hot milk shakes where he heats up milk on the stove and blends in vanilla ice cream. It cools it down just enough to be able to drink and you think warm milk alone will knock you out have one of these on top of pancakes and we’re nodding off even as the dads did the dishes. They gave us kisses and hugs and I was awake enough to walk them to the door and lock up.

Rayne and I wake the others and shut things down and head upstairs to after a hot shared shower and taking the coffee for it’s short walk we head off to bed. She and I snuggle and kiss for awhile before falling asleep in each others arms.

*Adam…………

Saturday’s usually it’s been my do nothing days…well not exactly nothing but the usual. Today there’s more irons in the fire than every though.

Several contacts have come through and I’ve been actually busy learning the ropes and the legalities of the music business.

And low and behold two of those contacts have told me that I’m being looked into by other interests in Toronto.

It seems that a Marshal going into the recording and music business is not too welcome. And some pretty seedy people from the business world have been using the industry a lot as a place to dump money and even make money too.

I’m not even remotely scared either because this, this is business as usual in life really there’s scumbags and cheats and kingpins in every business.

Don’t think so? Look at the way unions have gone, look at politics. It’s all a game of respectable looking sick, greedy and twisted people like myself.

Those that don’t they don’t last long.

I put together my lists of things and then the names I need to get information on in various ways and some of those names I can get from my pawns I’ve gotten through the girls.

Some of these names though I’ll ask Grandfather about over golf this morning. Some of them are big industrial names and I’m not asking for information just his measures of these men.

I am a Marshal which is why they’re even looking at me this hard. Indie labels they’d ignore but I have my name and resources to go with and that’s what sparked them looking.

I head out of my office at the trailer and look at Justin. “Take the boat out for awhile there’s a delivery coming in with a load of blue-gill, meet them out on the water after they get through the check.”

“Sure anything else?”

“The fancy one’s yours take it and go up to the cabin and start practicing.”

“Practicing for?”

“The plan.”

Justin grins and nods. I like him just for being a sick twisted but loyal attack dog. He was pretty much trailer trash when I knew him in grade school and I got him out and away from his family.

He loves being better than his family, I pay him really well for it just so he drives home to them he’s better than them and this is what working for the Marshal’s gets you.

And you know some of my whores are getting there too.

Break them and they’ll do different things all of them.

Some get into the money, the credit cards and the power of seducing and blackmailing people. Some of them are so much like Summer.

Ah that reminds me.

I send off the phone pics I have of her little friend to my P.I. it wouldn’t hurt to find out just who she is.

I text the Biker’s here in town and tell them where they can pick up my little treat for them and their recently released family.

I stop off on the way to the estate at the Jameson Inn and leave an envelope with a couple of thousand in it and a little baggy of the meth my cooking boys have made for Mr. Black as a sample taste and the room keys for rooms 29 and 30 and a phone number to call for the girls.

Nate can bring some of the girls over. Cash, drugs, pussy…and an offer for them to run the drug trade here in town and take that good quality meth elsewhere.

They can have it all and revenge too…and the club…well that much cash and a new market…that should clear up any misgivings that the western chapters have over the death of those two guys they sent.

It’s slowly coming together but it’s coming together.

*Summer…………

“I’m beat, you feel like sharing my bed again tonight?”

“I’d like that…” She bites her lip and damn me if she doesn’t look sexy in that dress and stuff. She’s excited by what I’m sure is her first really serious gig even if it’s a high school Friday night dance.

I lean over and kiss her on the lips lightly and she kisses me back and I lead her upstairs no longer arm in arm but our fingers interlaced.

I’m surprisingly nervous.

I think it’s because we’re getting closer and that whole thing with me breaking down has me still shaky, but there’s the fact that she was there too. And there’s this little bit of me that’s thinking that she might have been there because she likes me.

I bite the inside of my lower lip until I come to my fucking senses. People suck, they suck and even while looking like they have the best intentions they’re still out for number one. Even if it’s just for an ego stroke.

It’s hard though to swallow it now, the anger now that I’ve shaken off the maybes. But I do, being pissed won’t get me any closer to Hannah’s pussy and I’m sure once I have her in bed that she’ll be set. I’m awesome in the sack and I’m hot.

We get to my room and she only turns on the light beside my bed which is nice and it sets off this nice mood and she smiles at me and lets go of my hand. “So who gets the shower first?”

?…

WTF?

She knows what I was looking for I can see it in her eyes as she’s looking at me and she’s not being coy either she’s just looking at me openly.

Right…sharing a bed doesn’t mean sex…not with her apparently.

“Uhm you can, that’s fine.” I look sort of away and pull a blush. Yeah let her think that I’m embarrassed for going thee in my head.

She turns her back to me. “Thanks Summer, can you unzip me?”

“Sure.” I unzip her little Loli gothic dress and marvel at her skin, her shoulders. She’s really way more slim and slender than I’m used too and it’s the fact that her skin’s not tanned but it’s pale, almost like that red head kind of fairness to it and then I see the scars. They’re cuts on her back…I know cutters, I’m a lesbian rock singer…yeah not an exact rarity amongst the EMO girls.

But these aren’t cuts, or these aren’t self cuts. She was whipped by someone with something and she was whipped hard enough it broke/cut/tore skin.

“Fuck…..Hannah….” I say and trace one with a finger making her skin twitch. She tenses and steps away out of my reach and looks at me with these haunted eyes and some how puts this smile on over the damage just like I do. She’s holding the dress to her with one arm.

“Thanks, I’ll try not to be too long in there.”

“Uhm, no…take your time.”

She heads off to my bathroom stopping to get some clothes from her things before going in. The long sleeves, the way she’s so shy and private makes more sense now. Dammit this’ll be harder still.

See though, see what kind of world it is?

I feel for her but at the same time I’ve no illusions about Hannah now. She’s a survivor and she’s going to come with a shit tons of baggage and crazy too…And she’ll be out for herself even more too…It’s the survival instinct that’ll be coming out from her.

She’ll use me, us too if she gets the chance.

Yeah, she will.

She comes out dressed in old sweats and a way too big hoody that could be a dress. Really bundled up like a reaction to me touching her scars maybe. She doesn’t say anything just heads for the blow dryer and starts using it.

I get my things and I don’t go for the slinky stuff either I go for my Canucks jersey and some panties and head to the shower saying “Sorry.” as I go in.

It feels good to shower the gig off and get out of my clothes and make up. I take my time too the longer I’m in here the more space I’m giving her and letting her calm down. I even take the time to shave and lotion and blow dry my hair before coming out.

Hannah’s there sitting on my bed her arms around her knees and she’s got red rimmed eyes.

“I’ll leave if you want.” (Sniffle.)

“What? Who said anything about that?”

“But…but you, you wanted to…?”

“I’m not some horn-dog guy Hannah.”

“Sorry.” She looks down.

I sigh both for effect and because this is part of the whole insecure girl drama dance. I’m mostly lesbian, I love women, girls the way they taste, smell, move, look and touch and I’m attracted to how they love too, more than I am with any guy. But oh, there’s always so much effing drama with the women.

“Look Hannah it’s okay, hell after what I’ve been through waiting’s not a bad idea y’know.”

“You’re not pissed?”

“No, I not pissed, do I like you? Yes are we there yet. No, I’m not and neither are you.”

“Really?”

“Yes…geez…really…Now come here.”

She looks at me and I set down my kit for doing the whole mani-pedi thing. “How about we just chill and girl it out some.”

“Okay, cool I’m good with nails.”

“Good, then you can show me some cool stuff.”

We end up doing that and listening to some tunes actually on Pandora and You Tube each taking turns with each other and with putting up a song. It’s actually just kind of fun, and there’s no pressure and I sort of find myself relaxing without a joint or some booze.

We crash and I’m sporting these green nails with red roses on them and I’ve got green stripes now in my hair too and it’s kind of punk looking and cool. Oh and yeah everything’s all dried off so sort of safe to sleep in.

It’s even kind of nice when Hannah’s chilled out enough to shimmy up close to me and sort of spoon and lets me hold her. Even as jaded as I am I like being able to hold somebody.

up
207 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Interesting!!!!!

Pamreed's picture

Is Summer beginning to care for someone other then herself???
IF so she may be the clink in Adam's armor!! Just a thought!!
I am glad to see what's happening with those two!! I think
Adam is going find out he is not as tough as he thinks he is!
Thanks Bailey keep them coming!!!!!!

Fare thee well,
Pamela

"how many cares one loses when one decides not to be
something, but someone" Coco Chanel

The thing with Summer right now is...

Unlike Rayne she can see the scars on Hannah...and that will make a difference. How much remains to be seen.
*Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Adam

I always feel a little slimy after reading the Adam sections. You have created quite the evil sociopath! However, I love hearing from the girls - may they always stay together. Summer is finally showing some depth...hope she stops being a wh*** for money and power.

what a moron...

does Adam really think his bikers can keep their mouths shut or the the rest of them were just going to warm him and forget about it.
he's going to start a blood bath, hopefully one in which he goes down the drain.
its amazing how weasels always think they are smarter than everyone else.
great stuff as always, love these girls.
thanks

Adam

So he now wants to run the drug dealers in town while also exporting meth. Ouch. Well, when the brown stuff eventually hits the air circulation device, that illegal activity above all the others may come back to bite him, as (a) existing distribution chains definitely won't like him muscling in on their business, (b) "even villains have standards" - once the scale of Adam's activities becomes clear, if the law lets him off lightly (deeming most of the evidence as inadmissible, or because his family have bribed the judge and threatened the jury), then the drug networks may choose to enact their own form of justice.

~oOo~

Meanwhile, it looks as though Hannah may have unintentionally started mellowing Summer's hard-nosed cynical attitude: Hannah's fear of rejection and rough history may contribute to Summer having to act decent around her so long it eventually imprints on her psyche...


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Oh he knows all of these things and Adan doesn't care.

In fact he's looking forward to the obvious reactions from the bikers. The Hannah situation might go that way or not Summer is extremely fickle and very hairtrigger to boot.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

perspectives

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

An interesting trio of contrasting viewpoints. The kind and generous Angel who basks in the warmth of love given and received freely, the greedy and selfish Adam who takes but never gives, and the manipulative Summer.

When I see the extent of Adam's ambitions I sometimes can't help but wonder if it will be his grandfather's hands at which he comes to a sticky end. Adam is playing for big stakes but the consequences of his failure for the Marshall's are equally as big. As for Summer, a rare act of kindness doesn't make her a good person. Only time will tell if she will come to care enough for Hannah to put Hannah's needs before her own self-interest. The pairing of the damaged Summer with a differently damaged Hannah is an interesting one that works better than had Hannah been a pure innocent.

Thank you for sharing another enjoyable chapter in this story Bailey!



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Rare kindness will not make Summer nice no...

And you're definitely right that if Adam gets caught there may be major consquences for the Marshall family and yes Grandfather will be watching.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

I still don't like

I still don't like summer.

But... argh I can't help but feel sorry for her. Nobody deserves what her mother put her through and it's no wonder she's so survival focused.

I just hope that she and hannah can be good for each other before summer's destructive tendencies take over and ruin things

XX

Adam's making a big mistake

Adam's making a big mistake if he thinks those bikers stand a chance against Billy and Davey, I can see this getting ugly and him trying to pin it on his father. I have a feeling that even that will backfire. Adam 2nd might not physically fight Adam 3rd but maybe he'll backstab his son and give evidence.

Big hugs

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

oh no!

I'm finding it more and more difficult to get my hate on for Summer! Darn it, Bailey, she's not likable even, but thinking about her being damaged like we see now... Well, she may not be evil but she sure is twisted enough to get there.

Adam still brings the full-on GRRRRR though, even more, the expletive is disgusting and I'm really hoping somebody manages to do something permanent with him!

You're the greatest, Bailey!

*big hugs*
Jen