Squires-21

Printer-friendly version

Jess Stone had breasts. He had been like this his entire teen life not quite fitting in anywhere that he had lived and at the same time he hadn’t really had the chance to. His folks moved around a lot with his dad being a hydrological engineer but they were slightly afraid of what might happen to Jess if he attended school. Some people just didn’t get it or wanted too. Jess was now attending a new school when he decided to change things...

Only it was everyone else that was getting changed!

Squires
Chapter 21
by Bailey Summers

Copyright © 2012 Bailey Summers
All rights reserved.

 


Image Credit: anime couple


 

Squires 21

*Jessie…………

Eating cake off of someone’s hand was something that he’d never thought that he’d ever be doing. Okay not just any one but a boys hand. Kenyon’s actually and it was a decidedly…girl…gay…? No it was really just a thing and it really didn’t need to have a label did it?

Just because he had breasts growing in didn’t mean he was a girl, but liking another boy didn’t make him gay it just meant that he liked this boy. Jessie smiled around the plastic parfait spoon at that and at the look than Kenyon was giving him.

It felt good to have someone look at you though like you’re fascinating. Powerful too and sort of embarrassing but in a kind of exciting way too. Like an intimate scary fun roller coaster with just the two of you on it.

And there was something just so…tingly about having someone that into you that he’s got a fist full of cake with icing and he’s sitting beside you letting you eat it out of his hand.

Now normally you’d think of that having someone eating out of the palm of your hand thing but anyone watching would have definitely said the role was so reversed.

Jessie was pretty sure that they had enough cake and slid off of where they were sitting and took Kenyon by that hand and smiled.

“Come on let’s go and get that cleaned up.”

“Uhm I can wash it myself…”

“Well maybe I want some time alone with you?”

Kenyon blinked at Jessie. “Oh…”

“Hmm…oh.”

Jessie led the way to the bathroom and the one in the rec-room was very…full and there were people sort of hanging around and Jessie looked over at Lindsey who was drinking a can of soda with this sort of punker girl.

“What’s going on?”

“Brian finally clued into the fact that Johnny likes him.”

Jessie looked at Kenyon and Kenyon looked back at him then Jessie looked towards the bathroom door. “Uhn well that’s kind of not a secret.”

Kenyon nodded. “He’s definitely cute and a nice guy.”

Jessie wet a few paper towels in the melt water from the ice that the pop was being stored in. “But that’s a long cry from her taking that kind of step, her going with Brian would be kinda nice sure but really scary and also sure to bring the wrath of Twitney.”

There were a few chuckles and people repeating “Twitney.”

Lindsey grinned and nodded. “Well he had to be the typical guy and be like oblivious to the cues so we kind of had to explain things.”

Kenyon raised an eyebrow. “Oh well this has interesting written all over it.”

Jessie leaned on him. “You’re okay with that stereotype?”

“What stereotype?”

“Gay busy body.”

“Everyone’s in everyone’s business anyways being gay I can just be like ‘Oh my gawd!’ blatant about it.”

Jessie chuckled along with the rest and smiled as Kenyon’s arm slid around his waist and he looked up at Kenyon who was wearing this sort of questioning look like…is this okay? Jess nodded and leaned into his shoulder. “Yeah this works.”

*Johnny…………

She made her way to the bathroom and it was close to standing room only in there with as many girls as there were at the party here and she leaned on the wall hugging herself.

She didn’t know why she said that? Why even get to that point, they didn’t really know each other and what would a guy like Brian even see in someone like her?

Did she want him to ask her out?

………………actually…..yes.

But…but Brian was normal and handsome and popular…he could just walk back into his normal life whenever he wanted. Heck he was that guy that could have had or have any girl that he wanted…wants.

So why would he even want to be with someone like her…even if it was only a date? Why did she even think that could be an option really?

She tried to not freak out over just being like that with him and being so…just blatant about it when she really didn’t have the right too and that almost crying lump in her throat slid down into the pit of her stomach where it started mixing with that other stuff with who she wasn’t and how she felt so…so damned often.

It was so bad she stopped sort of feeling…

And was feeling even with all these LGBT girls and stuff…like some freak…like some freaky boy all screwed up in the head and thinking they could pass themselves off as a girl when it’d never really be true.

She was wiping at tears trying to spare her make-up and shove the hurt down…she really didn’t want to ruin the party.

A couple of the girls looked at her. “Johnny are you okay?”

(Sniffle.) “No…I just…I just fucked up out there.”

“How, What?”

“Brian… (Sniffle.)…Brian and I were dancing and we were talking and then…then we were sort of flirting but…but I…I went to far I think…I…”

A couple of the girls hugged her and she shook.

(Sniffle.) “Dammit why can’t it just stop!? I’m so tired of this…I just want to be me and just stop hurting all the damned time!”

She was led to the sink and they helped her wash off her face since at this point she had wrecked her make up and she used some wipes from her purse to get the rest of it off.

She stared at her plain faced self in the mirror. “I just want to be able to breathe…”

Several of the other girls there were nodding about it too and some weren’t but were quietly listening. There might have been some mutter in the back of things but she couldn’t make it out but she was feeling self conscious enough to hunch a little more.

She was really trying to catch her breath and her footing when there was a series of “Hey’s!” and “Eeps!” and “Brian what the fuck?!”

………….Brian?

Here?

Here!?

Johnny spun and hung onto the sink as Brian was there in the bathroom surrounded by at least nine lesbian girls and he was staring at her.

“Brian?”

“Why…?”

“Why?”

“Why did you not just say that it’d be nice if we went out on a date sometime?”

“I…I wanted you to ask…if you wanted to…”

“I told you that I liked you.”

“I know I just wanted you to ask….ask me…I wanted to be worth it…” Johnny hung her head looking at the floor.

“I…I…”

Brian waved his hands around in that guy frustrated way then he looked at her red faced and shouted.

“If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding, if you don't eat your meat!?”

Everyone stopped at looked at him in almost this universal WTF?

Including Johnny… “Huh?”

“Aaah! I can’t read your mind! I can’t read any girl’s mind I don’t get the whole passive aggressive ask me what or why and I’m not telling you thing! I can’t…” Still shouting.

(Sniffle-wail-sob.) “I’m sorry….” She hunched hurting and getting embarrassed.

“I forgive you!” Yes, yes he was still shouting.

“You…?” (Sniffle.)

“Yes I do now will you go out with me!” Still shouting.

(Sniffle-sob.) “No…you’re mad at me.”

Brian stared at her…his mouth worked silently several times and he had this look like everything he said and the way that he said it just caught up with his brain and he closed his eyes and turned away from her and the girls and on the back of the bathroom door he firmly head desked himself.

Yes there were a few giggles and a couple of snorts and snerks.

*Brian…………

He just…he hadn’t any idea where the Pink Floyd thing had come from but it did and the shouting at her and she was just so…

Johnny was just such a girl and he was so frustrated by not getting that whole girlese subtext thing that they all seemed to have.

Femilepathy…

And now the whole freaking her out and him acting like a total…goon in front of her and all these girls.

He sighed and he turned around to look at her and she…she was till dressed cute but after she had the make up off and her face washed she still looked.

She looked actually just real, way more real that Brit ever had or that he could remember. She was standing there leaning on the bathroom counter and the wall to sort of hold herself up and she had been crying and her face was splotchy and red and her eyes were red and she had both hands up over her nose and mouth and she was staring at him.

He could feel the heat rising to his face and he just kind of stood there running his hand through his hair and getting more and more self conscious or rather conscious of the audience that they had.

“I’m…”

“You’re…?” several of the girls said at him together.

“I’m sorry Johnny but I’m just a guy and I just want to go out with you…I had no idea…I didn’t get until Lindsey told me just how hard it is, how hard it was for you to get that far past all the stuff you’ve got to get passed just to say that to me…”

She was still just standing there like that staring at him her eyes kind of wide like she was still…

He took a few steps forward and he could swear he felt the girls closing ranks on him.

“Johnny…I mean it. I like you, I am in serious like with you and please will you give me another chance…don’t right me off because I’m scary…”

Then she snorted.

Snerked, snickered at him and she was nodding even while she was starting to giggle.

“Yes… (Giggle.)…Yes I’ll go out with you…”

“What’s so…?”

Johnny burst out giggling. “Pink Floyd! Oh My God…Pink Floyd…!”

He turned an even darker shade of red and looked down at the floor and then at her as she took his hand… “Johnny…?”

(Sniffle-laugh.) “Yes, we can go out, I’d love to go out okay…” her voice had slipped into the just talking for him soft and he smiled a bit shyly since he’d made a total ass out of himself in here.

“Good…when?”

“Ask me later, let’s go back out and dance some I still want to get some mileage out of this party.”

“Okay…god this will be all over Facebook won’t it?”

“Probably but who cares.”

He smiled a bit because he was holding hands with a girl that was like that. A girl that cared about stuff more important than the social climbing that brit was in love with.

Johnny wouldn’t care about who she was or appeared to be more than she did for others.

Yeah it was really nice to slip out to where the karaoke was being sung and while the singing was okay the dancing was good and when Selena surprised a lot of people and showed up here and she sand the song was just kind of perfect really.

Even the second time around.

*Yasmine…………

She hadn’t remotely planned on being here especially at an LGBT party but there was something that she couldn’t shake and that was this feeling outside the attitudes she’d been sort of shoved at in some of the places that she’d lived.

She could actually feel that these kids were going out of their way not to be racist or islamaphobic and that in her own way with just being who she was there was this sort of one of us , one of the misfits thing going on here.

And the fact that they stopped and waited for her to get done talking to her mom and going in with her so she hadn’t had to go into the party alone. She was pretty sure that they didn’t know how big a deal that was really.

New places, new people just in general…not the whole LGBT thing were scary for her. Public was different but gatherings and things she was so scared at these things she really felt like she wasn’t part of things most of the time and it had become something to dread happening.

This was scary but at the same time it wasn’t and Kenyon was there greeting people and so were his parents and she shyly asked them if they could call her mother.

They were actually very nice and did and welcomed her into their home.

She was actually a little shocked? Happy shocked that Sam the deaf boy and Nick? They boy that couldn’t talk all that well had looked up things online and set a line of tape on one of the snack tables with a sigh saying what was halal.

Kenyon actually grinned. “They tried, but it’s not actually until it gets blessed right.”

She nodded biting her lip that they even cared that much to learn and to do this.

“It’s…This is very thoughtful.”

“So do you think that you could say the blessing over it?”

“Me? But I’m no…” Yasmine actually stopped herself because they were actually asking and since there was no one here to do it then it was sort of her responsibility as a Muslima to share her faith a little.

She was nervous and said a blessing over the food hoping that she was getting it right enough.

But Kenyon’s parents had been thoughtful enough to have bought kosher which was permitted as well as had a table set up for the vegans and the vegetarian kids that were here too.

Inclusion was nice, it was unbelievable nice.

After getting grief over her faith in places and over her dad in others it was kind of nice to actually be able to feel safe?

It had been so long that she had felt safe she wasn’t quite sure that was it until Donnie asked her to dance and they left the rec- room and danced barefoot out on the lawn with the others.

It was so like this full heart sigh of releasing tension as she stepped through the soft grass and Donnie took both hands for awhile and he danced leading and slowly forgot a lot of the stuff that had been haunting her the past few months and she felt like she could breathe.

A lot of the music she knew and had heard but it wasn’t anything that she had ever danced to before though she could now imagine that and it sort of changed things. Songs actually seem to take on a different meaning once you dance to them.

She hadn’t expected people to cut in on them though.

Jessie was the first and he was nice enough to wait for the pause between songs and they talked a little in Arabic to each other.

“Having fun?”

She nodded…it was very odd dancing with him, he had breasts. “Y..yes, this is very nice and very thoughtful…all the kids here. I couldn’t have even dreamed up a night like this.”

“It was Johnny, she texted ahead and had the table set up for the halal thing but they had the other stuff set up too so fair is fair.”

“I’m not really used to that either.”

“That’s not right, but it’s also what we’re trying to do to.”

“Do?”

“The racists and the bullies and all the stuff that goes on without someone putting things into check…most of us here are just sick and tired of it and the games and people getting off on hurting other people it’s just enough really and it’s our rights to protest.”

“Some wouldn’t agree.”

“Lots don’t, I’ve no illusions that this will be easy.”

“No…but…” She bit her lip and looked at Jessie.

“But?”

“It has to stop somewhere, I was taught that everyone deserves a chance, a shot at being happy and free and safe.”

“You had a good imam.”

“Actually it’s stuff that my father said a lot.”

“He sounded like a good man.”

(Sniffle.) “He was…he was good enough that him…my mother they loved each other strong enough it went past race and religion.”

The song ended and she sniffled again and he looked at her and pulled her into a big tight hug.

And you know she really didn’t care if Jessie had breasts or that this was in public it was one of those tight its okay I got you hugs and it had been a long time.

She was still sniffling when he passed her off to Kenyon who danced with her as a good host but had started the dance with him continuing the hugs.

It hurt but in a good way because all the stuff she’d tied down and lashed down inside was coming loose and when all of the people that danced with her even some of the gay girls… started and ended each dance with a hug she was almost in tears.

Then Donnie was there again like he had been with the hoodie and he hugged her close and he danced them to a spot by the fence where they had a little more privacy since the lighting made it a little darker and he kissed her on the forehead.

“You okay?”

(Sniffle.) “Yes…no…both…”

“Too much?”

“No… (Sniffle.)…not enough before this…”

“Okay…need a shoulder?”

(Sniffle-sob.) “Pp..please?”

Donnie just adjusted the way he was holding Yasmine and he let her settle her head onto his shoulder and wrap her arms around him as tight as she needed too and he just slowly and gently danced with her as she was finally able to dump a lot of held back hurt and fear and pain.

As Queensryche played in the background *Silent Lucidity.*

She had heard the song before but it just seemed like it was a really good song to cry to. Yasmine smiled when she was done and the song was done and Donnie’s shirt was pretty soaked and it was just.

Was this was it should be like?

“I never thought I’d have a night like tonight Donnie.”

“Neither did I I’m not exactly some girl’s ideal.”

She grabbed a hold of something inside and she slipped her fingers into his and started walking them back to the main group of kids. Yasmine looked at him and she did mean it when she said after she stopped biting her lower lip nervously.

“Works for me.”

Praise be unto him she loved that way what she said made Donnie’s eyes widen in surprise and the little bit of light that kindled there.

She led him back to where they were doing karaoke and this very pretty if not surprising looking blonde asian girl started to do this amazing song and they and the others started dancing to it.

Twice.

*Lindsey…………

It was sort of funny to watch Brian go off and try to do whatever he was going to do to make things right with Johnny.

She really didn’t envy him.

She honestly wasn’t lying when she sort of said to the girls that she felt like a neuter. She was a girl and she was sort of “willowy” as her mom called it but she was skinny and that wasn’t a bad thing really but lacking serious curve she never felt girly.

Then again she was also pretty sure that she never felt like a guy either so…so apparently she was a Lindsey.

She had been sort of surprised at being asked to dance sort of by Dale the cute EMO chick. No not like sexy cute but like despite the whole one with the dead thingy they seemed to like she was actually..kind of cute.

Like a living little monster-high doll.

And she was kind of sort of girl enough that she alike d the dancing and she did like making Dale smile.

That felt better than the whole sexuality thing.

And it seemed to bring on the whole almost line up of girls wanting to dance with her?

Dammit did Johnny dress her up like some kind of lesbian thing? Was she like giving off some sort of signal that she wasn’t aware of?

The dancing was nice and it was fun and stuff but when she ended up dancing with Pen who she sort of knew and though was a pretty straight shooter if kind of one of the more raunchy and aggressive lesbian girls.

She looked Pen in the eyes as she felt Pen’s fingers find their way into her back pockets.

Pen just raised an inquiring eyebrow.

She did the same thing back. “Can I ask you a question?”

“Yes, I’m willing to sleep with you.”

Blink…blink…

“Okay…why?”

“Why what?”

“Why would you be willing to sleep with me? Why am I suddenly dancing with all these girls?”

Pen smiled but it was just a little smile. “One I’m joking hopefully I didn’t piss you off, that’s just me. I’m a flirt.”

“Okay, forgiven and thanks maybe I’ll learn something.”

“Thanks…okay and second you’re a girl…most of the girls here are lesbians and you and a few of the other girls here aren’t but it’s worth it to ask.”

“Why?”

“School and stuff there’s kind of a small dating pool and dancing with a cute girl even if it goes no where is still dancing with a cute girl.”

“I’m cute?’

“Oh hell yes, Lindsey you so have this thin guy girl thing that’s butch without even trying you just kind of have this…”

“This?”

“Hot guy if the hot guy was actually a girl?”

“Huh?”

“Uhm…girl in tidy whities and a jock strap with a sports bra thing.”

“Huh? Is that a good thing?’

“It is and it isn’t but it is with you because you are like that without even trying.”

“I…uhm…shit I have no idea what to say to something like that.”

Pen grinned at her and shrugged but actually moved her hands and rubbed Lindsey’s butt through her jeans. “Well how about you just enjoy it and worry about the rest later.”

“That’s easier said that done.”

“Well you could kiss me?”

“I could but I don’t actually know you enough Pen and while you are definitely in the list of people that I was going to date making out without knowing you better…not my deal.”

“So you’d date me?”

Lindsey pulled Pen’s fingers out of her back pockets and nodded stepping back. “Yes, I like that you’re honest…but you need to clean things up a lot more and ask me without your hands all over me.”

She kept walking backwards and it kind of gratifying to see Pen turning an embarrassed shade of red.

She sort of got a reprieve after that by dancing a few times with Kenyon and Jessie and then slipping over and pulling Danny to his feet as the karaoke started up.

*Danny...........

He just had to shout out the stuff when they had brought out the Big Gay Cake. White icing and rainbow chips in the cake and lots and lots of sprinkles and the colored candy sprinkles.

Kenyon was fast for a big guy it must be all that training for basketball. But Danny was a thirteenth level monk when it can to evading being chased by big guys.

Though he ran out of room when others in the crowd decided it’d look good if he ate cake by force.

So Kenyon caught him and showed cake in his face well his mouth and then some and sort of dipped him while doing it.

He grinned as the idea hit and he kissed Kenyon with an icingy kiss on the lips and grabbed an empty pop can and stomped it flat on the grass like a glass at a Jewish wedding.

“Moseltov!”

Kenyon blinked surprised and with icing on his face. “What!?”

“Its good practice for when you and your guy get married?”

“But that’s Jewish?”

Kenyon’s mother hollered out. “And he better be a doctor!”

“Mom!”

Jessie even jumped on the bandwagon too. “Oy vey the student loans I’ll have.”

“Jessie!”

It was fun, a lot of fun and there were a lot of laughs. Danny switched places with Jessie and had some cake while getting stared at by some of his usual role-playing gang.

It wasn’t stuff they’d really seen before and even the lesbian geek girls stared at him a little.

Geeks don’t do that stuff.

He smiled and shared his big slice of cake with Honey another out of genre thing. It was a really good night actually the best that he could remember and yeah….this year, this year things were going to be different.

The gaming was going really well and the players were actually starting to loosen up with each other and were having a good time and getting excited with making their characters and Honey was a lot of fun with that look that new players get when the are actually getting it.

Add in Nick and Sam and the group was actually getting pretty diverse just player wise and while it was going to be a lot bigger a group than what he was used to they had also come up with a really cool idea of how to do some of the role-playing aspects of things and that was making a Facebook page and that the players would post their backgrounds and stuff related to the GM posts or the Admin posts in between the times where they’d be able to actually get together and play.

It was actually Nick’s idea and he helped set it up but really it was cool as hell.

They all decided to take a break after that and get some food and dance. Well some of them were going to dance and some of them were going to most likely wallflower it.

Danny though, Danny was at least going to try to dance. The karaoke stuff started up and Lindsey surprisingly came right over and helped him up from where he was sitting.

“Dance with me Danny.”

He grinned. “Sure thing it’d be my honor.”

They slipped into hand and hand and danced as some people sang and some weren’t that bad. Lindsey looked at him. “Your honor huh?”

“Absoltively, I always enjoy dancing with a pretty girl.”

She rolled her eyes. “I’m not one of the pretty girls.”

He could tell she was a bit on edge with it or something was going on and he grinned up at her. “You’re prettier than my hand.”

“Eww…Danny TMI!” But she was laughing and that was the whole idea.

“So…what’s with the whole relieved look you had with dancing with me?”

“You’re not a girl.”

“Being a girl doesn’t seem that bad y’know.”

“No, it’s not that but it’s just I’m not used to doing any of this and it’s been kinda a Lindsey is the fresh meat flavor of the evening thing with some of the lesbian girls.”

“Oh so I’m safe?”

“No…I’d never be so insulting Danny. I was getting estrabombed and I needed a dose of testosterone and you are the manliest of guys here.”

“I’m not sure if I’m offended by that or not.”

“I didn’t mean it as an insult but why would you say that?”

“Because there’s times I’m not sure that I’m all that much of a guy other than biologically.”

“Oh…like Johnny?”

“No…maybe…I’ve always kinda wondered but it was kind of also stuffed back in the things I’m not sure that I want to dig up part of my brain.”

“Hey if it helps I have not idea how to sort of be a girl either.”

“Really?”

“Really, seriously there are things that my gender does and supports that just make my brain go huh?”

He laughed because with her huh she did it like Tim Allen and it was literally the first time in his life that he heard that kind of sound come out of a girl.

He looked at Lindsey. “We’re kind of a weird pair then.”

“Yeah actually but I’m good with it Danny I actually like you.”

“You like me?” He blinked at her a bit and he blushed. He had never had someone tell him that like that before.

“Yeah actually whoever you feel like or are under all our teenaged crap we’ve got you’re actually one of the good one’s.”

“Aaaww…Linds.” He blushed but smiled. “Shucks you’re going to give me a big head.”

She looked at him and he looked up at her and she had this different look there and she smiled. “Danny?”

“Yes maam?” He grinned.

“Go out with me?”

“Uhm…are you sure?”

“Yeah…actually we’re both sort of in neutral…right? Sort of caught in ourselves?”

Semi depression, insomnia, a brain that didn’t shut off and the fear that he might be bi-polar and having sort of gender expression thoughts…yeah caught in one’s self was a good way to put it.

He looked in her eyes and nodded. “Yeah, that’s kind of us.”

“Then we’re not going to freak each other out too bad with stuff and we can just…I don’t know just give it a shot and be ourselves?”

“Okay…yes, definitely yes.” He was smiling but actually shyly…under a lot of that humor and bravado there was a scared person just…yeah just caught in themself. He looked at her and she seemed kind of nervous showing some of herself there with him.

Him the die hard geek that he wore like a shield and her the wallflower that was afraid to step out of the girl zone of stuff that she didn’t get….it made sense really how can you just be like the other kids when you’re not like the other kids.

You fake it.

He was kind of tired of faking it no matter how good he was at it.

It just might be nice.

*Honey…………

She hadn’t had this much fun in her life and while she had been scared a little at first with Jessie and the friends she did have here it quickly got better and very, very outside of anything she’d known.

She hid, she had always hid who she was ever since she’d blossomed and tonight she looked good, she dressed with Johnny’s advice and it had been her mom’s help too and she felt safe…safe to be pretty without getting cut down for it by those bitchy girls.

She had danced for awhile and it was fun and she’d actually danced with everyone and anyone who had asked her to whether she was dancing with her friends or with guys or some of the gay guys or girls or some of the lesbian girls.

Okay some of the gay guys were funny and some of the lesbian girls were.

Okay she had no idea that lesbian girls came in shy.

She sort of knew but those kinds of girls weren’t the lesbian girls you ever saw in anything.

She actually sort of caught the eyes of a few she was pretty sure had been looking at her in that more than a girl checking out another girl way.

She had been there so many times herself and not even there since she’d pretty much had even stopped going to dances at her old school and biting her cheek for a bit of courage and a few nods from Jessie and her friends she actually walked up to some of these shy girls and asked them to dance.

There was this feeling that you can get sometimes when you completely surprise someone with something good….Yeah Honey had found that was the case with these girl too and gender and sexuality wasn’t such a big deal as was actually just being close and having some fun and just being human.

Though straight she still took the phone numbers that some had offered and gave out her numbers to some of the girls that had asked her. To her there wasn’t any harm in making new friends even if these girls liked girls.

She’d been without them for too long.

It was just so much fun and Danny with the birthday Gay-day song made people laugh which was one of the things that she was really starting to love about him and even the way he’d ditch Kenyon by pulling this dead stop or sudden change of direction and he even “Meeped.” Like the Road Runner.

It was almost as funny as what he did once he got caught and even Jessie chiming in with his dry sense of fun made the thing so special.

But after all the fun and the dancing getting into this make believe gaming stuff had been a nice break and she even got to meet a whole other bunch of the kids at her school. And she had to admit the thought of just playing a game where you could step out of yourself and be someone else definitely had its appeal.

And then the karaoke started up and she went back out to listen and to take a few turns herself.

And that girl, that Selena…okay with the asian girl with the platinum blonde died hair stood out a whole lot even with this crowd cook she ever just sing and that song…she’d never heard it before and she couldn’t help but to ask her to sing it again.

Someone else got up there and was singing *Midnight train to Georgia.* pretty well and she felt a touch to her arm and she looked over to see that girl smiling at her.

“Hi.”

“Hi.”

“I’m Selena.”

“Uhm…I’m Honey.”

“Thanks for asking me to repeat on the song it was a nice confidence boost.”

“Oh! No problem you are a really good singer.”

“Thank you, so would I be out of line if I asked you to dance?”

“No, I like to dance that’d be nice.”

Honey let Selena take her hands and they sipped into a nice slow dance as someone was singing *Listen to your heart.* By Roxette and she found herself sort of drifting closer and closer with this strangely exotic Asian girl.

Selena smelled like flowers that she didn’t know it was a perfume she never smelled before and her eyes were so very blue which she wasn’t sure was normal or not but…she wasn’t wearing a lot of make-up and she had this sweet shy sort of smile and then…

Oh…

Then they were dancing literally breast to breast and…and…oh what was going on?

*Jessie…………

The party had shifted over to karaoke and dancing after a lot of fun and the guys…Nick and Sam doing the DJ thing. He’d really had a good time so far and they had a lot of laughs too which was a nice change for Jess when it came to things with school was concerned.

He still knew things weren’t just going to be resolved easily because he was pretty sure that some of the parents of the ones that liked to bully others and throw their weight and status around learned it from somewhere and they would give everyone a whole lot of grief at the school board meeting.

He still had ideas for that too…

The dancing was still going on and there were actually a few decently talented kids there singing things and he smiled and went back to dancing with Kenyon.

“This actually turned out to be a pretty great night when you cut out all the drama and stuff from earlier.”

Kenyon nodded. “I’m very pleasantly surprised and I’m damned grateful because this could have been so much worse.”

“Yes but your folks are cool and they love you.”

“Yeah, I know it’s going to take some getting used to.”

“Hey, they’ll deal.”

“Actually I was talking about me.”

“Okay…”

“Jessie, I really like you and in a way that is pretty damned scary to me as much as it’s exciting.”

“I feel the same way you know.”

“You do? You just see so with it?”

“I like who I’ll like and I’m at the point where I just am not going to feel shamed by who I am…life’s too short.”

“Yeah…”

Kenyon sort of had this lazy kind of happy smile going on and Jessie smiled too and leaned into Kenyon’s chest and felt all that body heat from his big frame sinking into him and really making him aware of his breasts…he felt his nipples harden and Kenyon take a inhale at him feeling those against him through his shirt and there were other signs of how much this was “good.” for both of them.

They kept it tight and close through the dances with not a lot of kisses but a couple…Jessie was pretty sure though after the fifth that it wasn’t something that he minded and it was kind of enjoyable being the one being kissed.

Okay it was a little fast but so were the hormones racing through their systems.

Right now everyone was safe and happy and they had a good night.

This, everyone deserved to have this…this was one of those nights that was worth fighting for.

He settled in a little deeper and just watched everyone having fun while they danced.

It wasn’t fair that there were kids left out of this…alone, home scared and hurt no friends or in shitty home lives or just…too shy to brave the bullshit that’d get if they tried to step out from the crowd and not be one of the sheep.

Kenyon’s parent called out. “It’s getting late kids and we should get you home before midnight!”

Danny made some crack about Cinderfelly and pumpkins that had people laughing but the party was winding down and he had people to drive home.

He looked at Kenyon and smiled. “I have to drive people home, but I’ll be back to help clean up?”

Kenyon smiled and shook his head. “It’ll be late enough and you’ve got to help your folks with the yard work and the stuff for the BBQ tomorrow.”

“Okay…I’ll see you then?”

“Definitely, so what do you want to do on our date tomorrow night?”

“Surprise me.”

“Oh, well since I have so much experience with gay dating of course you’re leaving it to me.”

“Kenyon…it’s just dating I don’t think that sexual orientation changes it that much.”

“Okay…okay but why is it up to me?”

Jessie grinned and walked backwards and smiled in that sexy smoky guy way…Kenyon had no idea how you could sexy swagger in reverse but Jessie was doing it.

“Because I trust you.”

“Oh…”

He blushed as Jessie got his coat and him (Jessie) and Donnie and Johnny left with Yasmine to run her home first.

up
194 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Pink floyd quote

As a Pink Floyd fan it is my duty to inform you that the quote used by Brian is wrong. The correct line is "If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?" Now I'm going back to reading, thank you.

Yer is your...

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding, if you don't eat your meat? - Pink Floyd, Another Brick In The Wall - Part II

As from ROCKWISDOM.COM under Pink Floyd quotes.

Bailey Summers

Yes that is correct, but...

The way you have it written is “You can’t have any pudding if you don’t eat your meat….you can’t have your meat if you have had any pudding!” The second line is completely wrong, I'm sorry to say

You're right:)

Fixed.

Bailey Summers

Much better! Thank you

That definately helps the flow better. I almost re-read the entire instalment! Mabey later....;)

Pink Meat Pudding Floyd...

Uh, guys, remember, this is dialogue from a character. A character who probably didn't grow up with Floyd like you did to be as familiar with it as you are, and who is quoting from memory. So it's okay if he gets it wrong.

*grin*

Lisa

"this was one of those nights that was worth fighting for."

yes it is. Have I said how jealous I am of this bunch yet? Dam, if I had found s circle like this in high school, or even University ......

I guess, Big Closet is as close to this as I will get.

DogSig.png

It is for so many of us:)

But I'm really glad that you enjoyed this so much honey.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey...A Proud Big Brother.

Bailey Summers

Femilepathy…

so fitting but you better watch out. if you keep making up words that funny the Webster assassins will be after you. you initiated a lot of possibilities here, wonderful party. as good as the party in the new Tuck ellen posted.
great chapter, thanks

And Estrabombed :)

Though getting compared to Tuck is high praise. It was a good party though and with 60+ kids it was the first big party of the year even before the Alphas.
*Hugs and Howls*

Bailey Summers

Now wasn't that a party!

Someone took a grapefruit, wore it like a hat. I saw someone under my kitchen table, talking to an old tomcat. They were talking about football. The cat was talking back, Along about then everything went black. Wasn't that a party It sure it's just my memory, Playing tricks on me, but I believe I saw my buddy, Sittin' up in my neighbours tree. He was singin' a folk song; Sounded pretty good.

Sorry, just couldn't resist! Just reminded me of that song. Oh Ms.Summers, you do so love to through a lovely partay!
Nice chapter hon! (Hugs) Taarpa

Dammit Taarpa earworm!

Now Kenyon's dad loves that song. It really was a good party though I'm glad that you enjoyed this.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Woo-Hoo!

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

As much as I soooooooo love the idea of Brian and Johnny together (and I do! I do!) for me the best scene this chapter was Lindsey standing up for herself in front of Pen and demanding she treat her with respect. She finally became the mouse that roared this chapter and shed her shy wallflower nature. As an added bonus, Danny and Lindsey also make a cute couple! :-)

Love the Brian - Johnny scene, and the seemingly random song line thrown in was a perfectly timed WTF moment. Glad to see Johnny got the reference! I loved that when Johnny and Brian left to continue the party it was Johnny without most of her make-up. It sorted of underlined her vulnerability and honesty and made her so un-Twitney.

This interlude of peace and calm has a little while longer to run so I'm enjoying it while I can because sooner or later it's make to school...

Great chapter Bailey.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Have to agree

I enjoyed Lindsey and Honey getting stronger.

Can this group really turn the whole social structure upside-down or inside-out or just make it irrelevant or whatever needs to be done? You hope so but Jesse's thought is a bit telling... "He still knew things weren’t just going to be resolved easily because he was pretty sure that some of the parents of the ones that liked to bully others and throw their weight and status around learned it from somewhere and they would give everyone a whole lot of grief at the school board meeting."

Glad that he has ideas for that too.

Jessie doesn't want inside out or upside down just safe.

Though really in way too many places there are a lot of people that don't follow hat simple thing for everyone. There's classism, sexist, homophobia, racism, and faith based hates.

Jessie and the others are just trying for that one standard...safe, for everyone.
Not some peoples version of it.

Bailey Summers

I liked that scene with Lindsey too:)

There's a lot there that needed to be said and there is a very sort of hook up fast thing that seems to go on in the younger LGBT crowd sometimes. Lindsey isn't sure who she is but she wasn't liking all the to her...wrong attention.

I did enjoy writing Brian and Johnny scene too and some of the openess there.

*Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Mirth with a side of melancholy

To quote another famous lyric, reading this "hurts so good." This entire multi-chapter party scene kept smearing one silly grin after another across my face. But once in a while I had to stifle a tear when the thought popped up, "dammit, why can't the world be like this!" But then again, kids today are living up to the Beatles' line, "It's getting better all the time..." , aren't they? Well, some of them are, anyway.
.
.

Gray_Capris_0.jpg
The girl in me. She's always there,
sometimes wishing she was born forty years later.

Thank you Bailey

Just like "Squires", that video was inspiring. When I was young, I hated bullies; now I know enough to rephrase that into I hate bullying. It's heart warming to see young people taking up the cause and running with it.

"...getting so much better all the time."

Squires 21

Took me a few days to read through all that (that's not a complaint about its size!)... But it was very worth it.

What an amazing party for these kids. Breaking the ice, letting them meet new friends, ones they normally would never approach or be thrown together with, giving them confidence to just be themselves while accepting other people doing the same... Wonderful.

Even Yasmine realizing she can let down her guard a little and just have fun with kids who respect her and her beliefs and views. Something she's very much not used to, in western OR muslim culture... And I know Donnie would never hurt her.

Loved Brian acting like a doofus (I hear girls love when guys do that, although it never did me any good). It probably felt liberating for him to do that. He probably had to behave perfectly around Twitney, no thinking for himself or creativity or doing unexpected things.

Loved Lindsey and Honey relaxing with the lesbian girls, and the lesbian girls relaxing around Johnny, and Lindsey's conversation with Pen, and Honey's dance with Selena! Didn't expect Lindsey to make a play on Danny, though, but in retrospect, they are a good pair.

But damn, something about Danny seems SO fucking familiar to me. I swear I know someone JUST like that...

Hmm, oh well, it'll come to me someday.

Dani

First major party of the high school year.

And it's an LGBT party with 60+ kids and there will be a reaction to that and the social media spin off's....Brian doing what he did won't be off Facebook/Twitter for long.

And this was such a great boost to the LGBT kids and opening up things for some of the other kids kike the gamers and some of the geekettes and even the fact that there were kids not from their school there will all have an impact.

Dan's a great character and it'll lead to interesting thing with his attitudes and Lindsey's.

*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

I am really enjoying

I am really enjoying Squires!
And thank you.

Especially for the coming out party scenes. They're really fun and uplifting.

xx

Like a living little monster-high doll.

Elsbeth's picture

I love monster high, I know but I think they are cool. Anyway, great story as always. I am so behind in my reading going to be catching up.

*hugs*

-Elsbeth

Monster High

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.

Doll number 7 with shortish hair would've been close Els:)

I like monster high too, I refuse to let the fun fall from my soul.

And now I have this scene from Robot Chicken with Barbiverse dolls and Monster High.
"Eeew Goth's that's like tacki..."
"Bite us bitches."
LOLOLOL!

*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

When the sheep outnumber the wolves...

Ole Ulfson's picture

Will the wolves become Sheep? Will the sheep bully the wolves? Will the wolves... No, I've got to stop! I'm giving myself a headache!!!

Anyway, if you take all the kids who are a little different, in whatever way, won't they soon outnumber the popular assholes, changing the whole dynamic?

Then what happens to the predators when the dynamic changes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cdVVL...

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!

When lambs become lions:)

Is pretty much the ideal here when it cost the Alpha's far less to be decent people than it is to be as they are now.

*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Decompressing

Jamie Lee's picture

That party was good in that it allowed all of the kids could decompress and just enjoy being themselves.

It also gave them time to examine their feelings about themselves and others. And allowed them to open their shells and take chances to have normal relationships.

Others have feelings too.