The Womanless Beauty Pageant – Part 3 of 11

Printer-friendly version

The Womanless Beauty Pageant — Part 3 of 11

The only thing worse than being pressured into participating in a womanless beauty pageant, is to finish in last place. The ramifications of that experience turned out to be life changing, for Miss Bobby.

As Co-authors, Monica and I have a couple of very special ladies to thank, both are icons in the TG community.

The first is Vickie Tern. Without her encouragement and inspiration this story would never have been written.
The second is our muse, Kelly Ann Rogers; her midcourse corrections were vital to the story's completion.

As the authors we hope you enjoy reading this bit of fun.
If anyone wishes to build off our FFL cub theme; you have our permission and encouragement.

Marina Joy and Monica Rose 

Sunday arrived before he knew it. With great trepidation he drove to Sue's club. With a premonition of doom he climbed the stairs to the front door and paused for several seconds before he worked up the nerve to pull the door open. Sue was waiting for him in the lobby. It was a tad awkward as Bob wasn't sure how to greet his wife. She solved the issue by rushing to him and giving him a loving hug. She held his hand and led him to a table in the dining area. A waitress (male or female Bob wasn't sure) arrived almost immediately and took their drink order. Sue stood and said, "Come on Bobby, it's an all you can eat buffet."

Bob followed his wife through the serving line. As they sat Sue was shocked to see all Bob had on his plate was fresh fruit and dry toast. With a quizzical look she stared at her husband and said, "Is that all you're eating?"

"Yes dear, I've started a diet, as well as a vigorous cardiovascular exercise program. I'm determined to lose my spare tire. I've determined that if I lose about a pound a week; in a year I will be down to the ideal weight for a...a woman my height and age."

Sue beamed at her husband with delight. She reached across the table and squeezed his hand as she said, "I'm really proud of you. A diet takes a lot of dedication. Maybe there is hope for us yet."

Susan did the mental arithmetic and realized that if he did what he said; he would end up weighing less than her.

Sue dug into her eggs Benedict with gusto and between mouthfuls asked, "What kind of exercises are you doing?"

"No weight training, I skip rope; do deep knee bends, lunges and lots of sit-ups. "I'm thinking about adding running to my workout regimen, as soon as I pick up the necessary equipment."

"That's a good choice; it'll help shape your gangly legs."

Bob had hoped for a long visit with his wife; but as soon as she'd finished her brunch she excused herself saying she had another date.

"Oh that look, I'm sorry Bobby that was a poor choice of words. I've an appointment to interview a potential live in maid." Sue kissed her husband on the top of the head and said, "I realize this all seems harsh to you; but in the long run it'll help build a solid foundation for our future together. I love you. Have a nice day, keep up the good work. I'll see you next week."

The week passed with agonizing slowness. Bob redoubled his efforts to please Sue. He started Sunday morning with a long slow jog to help relieve his tensions. After a quick shower and change of clothes he arrived at the club twenty minutes early hoping to catch Sue. After four laps around the parking lot, he didn't see Sue's car and gave up. He parked his truck in the first available spot. At the stroke of 12, he entered the club, and prayed Sue would again be waiting for him. The lobby's interior design made Bob extremely ill at ease. He passed through and found the dining area. He spent several minute scanning the room. There were a couple of alcoves he couldn't see. So he walked through the room to search for his wife.

Bob felt self-conscious; he was the only person in the room in male attire. Then he saw Sue sitting at a table shielded by a large shrub. As he approached he saw she was drinking what Bob assumed was a Mimosa. Bob stood at the table waiting to be invited to sit. Sue studied him over the rim of her glass. "Don't be so formal Bobby. It's good to see you. I've missed you, please have a seat. What would you like to drink?"

"Ice water will be fine, thank you."

Sue raised her hand and snapped her fingers. Almost immediately, a waitress appeared at the table. Rose ordered, "We'll both have the buffet, my companion will have a glass of ice water."

"Will that be with a slice of lemon?"

"No, Bobby doesn't like frills, just the water."

Brunch was a repeat of the previous week, with Bob having only fresh fruit for his meal. Sue tapped her lips with her napkin, and eliminated the last remnants of her Belgian waffle and said. "Tell me about your week."

Bob had prepared a brief summary of his efforts. He took a deep breath held his hands out for inspection and related, "I've decided to let my nails grow. What do you think of them?"

"They're decent; I see you've filed them nicely. According to Candy, Phil is having his manicured every week by a professional. He has even added a little color. Yours are lovely. How long are you going to let them grow?"

"I hadn't thought about that. Do you have a suggestion?"

"Oh, no dear I wouldn't want to be involved in your decisions. I'm simply an observer. I will say, I like the direction you're headed."

Bob beamed at the compliment. Sue asked, "How's the jogging going?"

"I haven't started yet."

"Good, I brought something that might help. I was cleaning out my closet and found some old workout clothes that I don't need any more. I brought them for you, they're in my car."

Sue raised her hand and their waitress was there in a flash. Sue told her to retrieve the bag from the office where she had left it.

"Go on dear while we're waiting tell me about the rest of your week."

"I've lost about 4 pounds this week alone. I've also been wearing heels every evening for at least three hours."

"How high?"

"The only ones I have are two inches I believe."

"That's great dear; however I'm afraid you're still lagging behind. From what I hear, Phil is wearing four inch stilettos around the house on regular bases. According to Candy he has become quite proficient in them."

"Are you saying I need higher heels?"

"No dear, I refuse to get involved. These must all be your decisions. I'm just passing along information. For our sake, I want you to do well. That's the only way we can ever be a couple again. I really want that. I need my hubby home."

Bob's shoulders sagged. Sue noticed and encouragingly added, "Don't fret dear; I'm sure eventually you'll catch up with Phil. Candy brags about him every time we're together. She tells me he is dressing most days, while you're only practicing in the evenings, so he has an advantage over you."

The waitress returned carrying a small gym bag. She placed the bag on the floor between the two. Bob looked inside and was blinded by the florescent neon pink outfit neatly folded on top.

Seeing her husband's reaction Sue teased, "I bought you a man's outfit however I became concerned it might be against the rules, so I returned it. Can't have you disqualified on a technicality now can we. As a hand me down, I thought this would be allowed. I know pink isn't your color. But what the heck, it's free. We wear almost the same size shoe, so I threw in a pair of my old trainers."

Standing next to her speechless husband, Sue casually caressed his cheek and didn't feel any stubble. "Have you done something with your beard?"

Bob sat up strait and with pride said, "Yes I have. I spend an hour every night before I sleep plucking my whiskers out, one by one. I'll bet Phil doesn't do that."

Sue thought for a minute then said, "You're right dear; Candy said he's scheduled to have his whiskers removed by electrolysis next week. So I'm sure he doesn't pull them out. Doesn't your way hurt?"

"It hurts like hell. I'm doing it to show you how far I'll go to make up for my past."

"That's really sweet. You have just leaned a very important life lesson, pretty comes with a price. I love the fact you're sacrificing for me. There may be a possibility to save our marriage after all."

Bob sat and crossed his legs in a very feminine manner like he'd been practicing,

"Honey, since I'm trying so hard is there any chance I can come home?"

"Damn it, Bobby, I was clear on the conditions for your return. After the pageant I'll make the decision on whether we have a future and decide if you can come home."

She reached into her purse Sue handed Bob a DVD. "I wasn't going to give you this now; but with your whining now's probably a good time."

Bob accepted the disk and wondered what it was.

Sue saw the confusion on his face so she patiently explained, "Candy and I paid to have last year's pageant videotaped. That's your copy."

A choked up Bob waved the DVD, "Sue you know I'm sorry for what I did; why are you trying to rub it in my face?"

"Oh grow up Bobby; I'll admit at first I wanted to punish you. I've now moved beyond that. Your performance is on the disk, every time I feel like inviting you home I watch it. The reason I'm giving you a copy is to help you. Focus on the winners; pay attention to how far they went to complete their womanly illusion."

Sue pulled Bob's head to her chest and held it there in a loving embrace as she said, "You're still my husband, no matter where you live. Just focus on that, the year will pass in a flash."

Sue glanced at her watch and said, "Look at the time, sorry I have to run; Debbie, Candy and I are going shopping. I'll see you next week."

@ @ @ @

Bob headed back to his truck totally dejected. He was making an effort. His concerns about losing this contest to Phil continued to grow. He was determined to do something this week to pull ahead of Phil. On the way home he stopped at the mall and wondered hoping for inspiration. He ended up at the food court where he splurged and got a large diet soda. As he sipped on his drink, he noticed an earring kiosk offering free piercings with the purchase of starter studs. He threw caution to the wind and sat in the chair and waited for the teenage girl to serve him.

"Yes sir, how may I help you?" said the girl eyeing him suspiciously.

Pointing to the sign he said, "I would like to take advantage of your free piercings."

"Certainly sir," she said emphasizing the 'Sir'. "We don't get many middle-aged men in here. We have a special only good on Sundays, if you get the gold platted studs it's two for the price of one."

Bob thought, 'that's dumb of course I want both ears pierced.' So he said, "Sure go for it."

She moved behind him and poured something on a cotton ball and wiped both earlobes. She moved to his front with a strange metal device and put it to his ear. Bob had a low threshold for pain and was concerned about how much it would hurt. Pop, a stinging sensation that felt like he'd been bitten by a bumble bee, then Pop again. Before Bob could say anything she shifted to the other side and gave him two more gold thingamajigs in his other ear, Bob was determined to be a man about it, and kept himself from crying out; but he couldn't stop the small tear that ran down his cheek. She stood back and admired her work, noticed the tear. She didn't say anything, just handed him a tissue and a brochure on the care and cleaning required.

Bob mortified and in shock, handed the girl the first credit card he grabbed.

She ran it on her machine and checked for a signature. Reading the name Bubbles Turner, she thought, 'I should have guessed'. She carried the card back and in a very unprofessional manner chuckled as she handed it to him, "Here's your card back Bubbles, thanks for your business. If you're interested, next week we're having a special on belly button piercings, we have a great selection of body jewelry."

Bob was humiliated; but merely smiled at the girl and replied, "Sweet of you to ask, but no thanks."

As he walked toward his truck he thought, 'That particular credit card is going to be reserved for internet purchases from now on.'

On the way to his vehicle he passed one of those self serve shoe stores. With a sigh, Bob said to himself, "In for a penny in for a pound." and marched right in. Luckily he was the only customer; he browsed and eventually ended up in the woman's section. It took a moment to find size 10. As casually as possible he walked down the aisle until he got to a section with high heels, he selected a pair of the tallest heels they had on display. He'd no idea the actual height; they looked to be at least four inches. He took the box and walked to the front desk arriving just as a group of teenage girls swarmed into the store. He handed the box to the clerk and quietly asked, "Are these four inch heels?"

"The young woman replied in what seemed to Bob to be a booming voice, "No sir, those are five inch stilettos. Are you sure this is what you want? Since they're on sale you can't return them. We're having a special on pantyhose this week. Would you like me to throw in a couple of pair?"

This created a real stir among the gaggle of teenyboppers who pushed their way to the counter trying to see what this strange man was doing. Bob was so embarrassed he merely nodded yes and handed the girl his credit card, ensuring it was the one with the name Robert Turner on it. On the way out the door the sales clerk bellowed, "Mister, don't overlook the purse sale in aisle four." This prompted a gale of laughter from the pack of adolescents.

Once in his car he pulled the rearview mirror over to get a look at his new female accessories. As he fiddled with them the sunshine reflected off the small bubbles and to Bob they seem to scream sissy, which was really foolish, in today's world lots of men have earrings.

As a consolation Bob, thought, 'I'll bet Phil doesn't have his ears pierced, certainly not twice in each ear. I'll finally have an advantage.'

@ @ @ @

Bob arrived home and opened his laptop and researched the cost of electrolysis and realized there wasn't room in his budget for an extravagance like that. So he got his tweezers out and stood in front of the bathroom mirror to dethatch a section on his neck.

When the pain became too much, Bob sat and tried on his new heels. Surprisingly enough, just sitting in the hells weren't uncomfortable. Bob opened his computer and found several video's describing how to walk in heels. Feeling totally confident, Bob struck out on his adventure in stilettos. His first attempt was a total disaster; he felt more like a baby giraffe learning to walk than a woman strolling down a catwalk. If nothing else Bob was persistent and determined to master those heels. Hell, he'd sleep in them if need be.

@ @ @ @

Sue, Candy and Debbie met at the entrance to Nordstrom's. "Candy you called us here, what are we looking for?"

"I'd hoped Phil could join us, however his ballet lesson is running late. We're shopping for his first brassier. I wanted to share this moment with you girls."

Turning to Sue Candy asked, "Does your Bubbles wear bras yet?"

"Not that I'm aware of. Ballet and bras... what's going on Candy?"

"Phil is taking ballet lessons; he's going to dance for the talent portion of the pageant. What's Bubbles going to do?"

"I've no idea. In high school he played trumpet in the band. Maybe he'll do something musical."

Candy smiled triumphantly, "Can you girls keep a secret? Phil's been seeing a doctor and getting shots to create real boobs. This is a surprise for him, his first bra."

"Phil's taking hormone shots. Isn't that rather drastic?"

"No, nothing like that! He's only being injected in his chest twice a week with sterile saline. As the fluid collects over time it will make his chest swell just like the real thing. They will stay inflated for a while until the saline dissipates into his body. The doctors estimate that with his current schedule, by pageant time he'll be almost a full C-cup. Then six months later he'll be back to normal."

Sue shivered and realized there is no way Bob could compete with real breasts. She couldn't wait to discuss the issue with her husband.

Debbie spoke up, "Candy, it seems you're breaking the contest rules."

"No I'm not. I may be bending them a tad. I'm convinced it is technically within the rules. The bra is a birthday present for my lover. He is paying his own doctor bills. He quit his regular job and I hired him as my full time live in maid. His entire salary is going to pay for his improvements."

Sue got Candy aside, "You're the one that insisted I throw Bob out of the house, yet you're letting Phil live at home rent free."

"I know Sue; but Bob is the one that led Phil into trouble. Phil is a follower; he couldn't survive out on his own for a whole year."

The three women giggled like school girls as they searched for the most feminine bra in the store.

@ @ @ @

Bob approached this week's lessons in a businesslike manner. Except when he was sleeping or exercising he kept those damn stilts on. After a week wearing the heels nonstop, Bob felt confident he could almost do aerobics in them. True, his walk still lacked the grace that was required; but now at least he could walk without worrying about breaking an ankle.

Bob found himself spending more time at the dollar store. He bought a 10x hand mirror to help with his beard removal. In the same section he picked up a bottle of nail polish, just barely pink. He also bought some hair gel to help feminize his growing locks.

Sunday, Bob got up early anxious to show Sue his progress. He had spent all of Saturday and plucked every single hair that remained on his neck and face. It was now as smooth as a baby's bottom. While brushing his teeth, he about had a heart attack. His face was covered in a rash of red splotches.

There was no way he could meet Sue looking like he had chickenpox. Back to the dollar store, where he selected a foundation that the sales clerk assured him would hide his irritation. Back in his room, he carefully applied the cosmetic and blended it in with his fingers, until the red spots all disappeared. He next colored his nails and finally settled on a funky women's spiky hairstyle, which exposed his ears and emphasized his new shinny studs. He applied a layer of fragrant Secret antiperspirant. When he went to his closet, he found the previous day he'd been so fixated on eliminating his facial hair he'd forgotten to iron his dress shirt. In lieu of his Ralph Lauren, he was forced to wear a crisp white blouse his wife had provided when she kicked him out.

Bob arrived at the club minutes before Sue's car pulled into the parking lot. Recognizing her husband's truck she rushed over and gave him a loving hug as she kissed him on the cheek.

"Bob, what have you done to yourself? You look stunning this morning; I love your self-improvement program. I don't want to make you self-conscious; with the exception of your bushy brows you're a real fox."

"Are you implying I shave them?"

"Don't be ridiculous, no woman shaves her eyebrows, they either wax or pluck them. I'm sorry I really shouldn't have said anything. What you do is your decision; it just struck me they were not in agreement with the rest of your feminine appearance. By the way, your complexion is flawless today, are you wearing makeup?"

"Why yes I'm, I can explain. It's a long story."

"There's no need to explain, I think it's adorable. It makes you look ten years younger. You should wear it more often. However that is the wrong shade for your skin tone."

Sue lightly teased, "I prefer Revlon; but each woman has to find her favorite brand."

Feeling uncomfortable with the discussion, Bob changed the subject, "Do you like my earrings?"

"They're a bit plain; but yes I love the fact you got your ears pierced." She said as she kissed his ear.

"I'll bet Phil doesn't have his ears double pierced."

"I don't know about that, Candy did mention he has started wearing a bellybutton ring."

Bob sneered, "I always thought belly button rings are trashy."

Sue danced her fingers over Bob's tummy, "I don't know, I think they're kind of sexy myself."

"Candy did say something about it getting infected. I hope you're taking the proper precautions so your ears don't fester."

"My ears are fine; I clean the sites daily."

Sue was as proud as a peacock; looking down at his hand she complimented his nails. She reached over and held Bob's hand as they walked into the club. They sat at a table on the veranda and enjoyed each other's company.

During lunch, Sue filled Bob in on Phil's budding liquid boobs. Sue reluctantly asked, "Have you given any thought to what you're going to do for breasts?"

Bob hesitated, and finally said, "I was thinking of buying a pair of silicon ones and glue them on. The good ones are expensive; but I think if I watch my money I can swing it."

Sue sighed and replied, "Obviously that's not as good as having your own, however I'm sure they'll be adequate."

Sue had been waiting for just the right moment for her next announcement, "Bobby, I'll not be here the next few weeks. My company is sponsering a two week working retreat in Tahiti for all its executives."

"Can I call you while you're away?"

"No sorry, I'm told there's no cell reception where we're going."

A dejected Bob, took a large drink of his ice water. He put the glass down just as Candy arrived on the scene.

"Hi Bubbles, how's the world ugliest sissy doing? Has Sue told you about our vacation to Tahiti?"

Bob rolled his eyes in exasperation, "You're going with Sue? How, you don't work for the Stratford Company?"

"No I don't; but her company allows the executives to bring a guest for the trip. She invited me as her plus one."

Bob looked at his wife, "You said it was for work?"

Candy laughed, "Stay out of this Bubbles it doesn't concern you. Think of it as a working holiday. I'm sure we'll find time to squeeze work in among all the cocktail parties."

Candy gloated, "Please don't fret about your wife. I will personally see to it she is well taken care of. She'll come home a changed and satisfied woman."

Candy reached over and flicked Bob's ear, "Nice earrings, where'd you get them, out of a bubblegum machine?"

Bob looked at his wife expecting her to come to his aid; rather she sat there and said nothing.

Candy blabbered on, "Phil's preference is long dangling ones. They're so much more feminine. You wouldn't recognize him he's changed so much."

Candy pulled Sue to her feet. "Leave this loser; grab your purse we have to go. We need to buy bikinis and lots of sun screen for the trip."

Sue got to her feet and asked, "What's the hurry, we don't leave until tomorrow?"

"I've to get to the store before it closes; I'm almost out of my birth control pills. My pharmacy also has the city's largest selection of condoms. We'll pick up a case of them while we're there. Come on we have to run, I'm double parked."

Without a word Sue stood and patted Bob on the head as if he were a small child. She walked to the cashier to pay the check. Candy took the opportunity to whisper at the dejected Bob, "Bubbles you're not man enough for a woman like Sue, don't you think you should forget her and just move on."

Candy turned and caught up with Sue, hand in hand they headed for the exit. Bob was stunned, here he was trying to be the woman he thought Sue wanted and Candy tells him he's not man enough. Could he have misinterpreted his wife's desire? He sat and listened to Candy's laughter ringing in his ears. With tears flowing from his eyes Bob found his way to his truck. He looked through tear blurred eyes; but he could have sworn he saw Susan next to his truck. By the time he arrived, the apparition of his wife was gone. He would have thought he'd imagined it all except for the card stuck behind his wipers. His heart racing, he opened it, only to find a birthday card, 'Bobby, next week is your birthday. I just wanted to say have a good time. Enjoy my gift. Love Sue.

Out of the envelop fell an appointment card for the club's beauty salon for a free manicure, at 9 AM on his birthday. He threw the card on the dash of his truck and drove home.

@ @ @ @

Their next meeting was over three weeks away, which depressed Bob. However he was determined to make the most of this time. He went home, slipped on his favorite nighty: a calf length mint green nightgown with a fitted bodice. He sat on the bed with his legs tucked up beneath him in a womanly fashion and started a net search for breast growth options.

More determined than ever to beat Phil; he started his search among herbal supplements. The advert caught his eye, 'These breast enhancement pills are a safe way to get bigger and fuller breasts naturally. Breast enhancement pills have natural ingredients that stimulate the growth of mammary tissues'. He ordered 5 herbs, which promised to create breast tissue even in men. Bob read their claims several times before ordering.

Next he closely examined his eyebrows. He decided to pluck a few from each brow to neaten them up. He did one then the other. They didn't look even, so he took a few more off the right which meant he had to do the same to the left. The more he plucked the better they looked. By the time he'd finally got them even, he had only thin brows. When he left the apartment he was forced to wear a baseball cap pulled down to hide them.

In days, he received two months supply of fenugreek, fennel, red clover, saw palmetto, and Pueraria Mirifica. He was never a fine print kind of guy. The warnings were clearly printed on the labels; but the promised rewards were so tantalizing he couldn't resist. He trusted the manufactures so he took them religiously three times a day on an empty stomach as advised on the box. Then the coup de grá¢ce, he used the last of his Bubbles credit card to order a device that guaranteed, if used for at least 12 hours a day for a month to increase your bust one full cup size. Then in fine print it said, 'How long the bust remains enlarged after treatment is stopped remains unclear.' This, to Bob, meant he would have to continue using the device right through the contest.

Anxious to get started, he splurged and paid for express shipment. Unpacking the system, he found it used an external suction device attached to what looked like a large plastic bra to create engorgement in the breast tissue and promote new breast tissue growth.

Bob worked up the nerve to go to the makeup counter at the mall and ask for a recommendation for a foundation. The woman behind the desk gave him a smirking smile; but with visions of dollar signs in her eyes she brought out a dozen bottles and tubes, she tested each on the back of his hand. She finally settled on a neutral warm shade. To entice him she offered him a free makeover and gave Bob a sample of a lipstick in a creamy coral color. Bob passed on the makeover and simply bought the one container of foundation.

On his way out, he passed through the camping department. On a whim, he picked up a snakebite kit. Every night he slept with the suction cups attached to his nipples. Hoping their constant use would increase the size of his nipples to those of a real woman.

While exploring the web, Bob was on a TG site when a popup advertisement for Premarin Hormonal Vaginal Cream, showed on his screen. What the hell thought Bob, he ordered some. From then on twice a day he massaged the cream into his areolas. Between the two treatments, his nipples quickly became a major erogenous zone. After three weeks he wasn't sure if his nipples were any larger, however they were definitely more sensitive. The night before Sue's return Bob was enthusiastically rubbing the ointment into his chest and experienced what he could only describe as a boob orgasm. He came simply playing with the sensitive nubs on his chest; his hands never got below his chest.

Bob slipped into one of those moods his psychologists had warned him about. He became fixated on beating Phil, nothing else mattered. He was driven to that goal, he was going to go from flat to fabulous or die trying. He wore the boob making device continually around the apartment. As the device rhythmically sucked at his chest, he envisioned himself eventually being able to work at Hooters.

One unplanned for side effect was the breast suction not only helped stretch the breast tissues; but had the marvelous psychological effect of making him feel more like a woman. Between the herbs and breast pump when Bob studied his profile in the mirror, he estimated he was now the proud owner of a modest set of A-cup tits.

Bob was busy with his IT work and had to meet with a client. To hide his brows he bought a pair of glasses with the largest, thickest frames he could find. It turned out he needn't have worried, the customer was a sexagenarian with failing eyesight. After the meeting, Bob did receive a worrisome email from his boss, Scott Harvey. Informing Bob, that as his supervisor, he was concerned about Bob's increasing turnaround times on his projects. Bob read the critique and shrugged it off. He was Scott's best programmer; there was no way he'd let Bob get away. Besides with his exercise regimen and girlie practice, he barely had time for mundane work issues.

Bob's birthday arrived. He seriously debated, not using Sue's present. However he became concerned Sue might feel hurt. It was that cavalier attitude that got him in this fix. Bob decided to go, and planed to watch how a professional conducted a manicure, and thought he might learn something. As he climbed out of his morning shower, Bob was left with a real problem. How should he dress? If he wore his normal male attire would he be accepted in a woman's saloon? There was no way he could pass as a woman. Should he wear his sissy outfit and pretend it was a normal everyday thing getting his nails done?

He'd been to the club several times in his male attire without being chased with torches and pitchforks so he decided to go with blue jeans, loafers, long sleeved sweatshirt and his trusty ball cap.

He arrived fifteen minutes early; he parked and made his way to the front entrance. The lobby always disturbed him; he rushed through looking neither right nor left. He found the salon without any difficulty. With sweat running down his back he walked to the receptionist desk and handed her the card. The woman behind the desk never even looked up. She merely took the card, scanned her appointment book and said, "Ah, Bobby Turner, we've been expecting you. Have a seat and our nail technician will be right with you. We have coffee, tea, or bottled water if you'd like some refreshments."

Bob hadn't even gotten his seat warm when a young girl bounded into the room. She had the looks of a prom queen and the friendly personality of a Labrador puppy. Her whimsical smile and exotic grey eyes suggested the gift of laughter.

She took Bob's hand and led him through a set of double swinging doors. "Hi Bobby, I'm Fran. I see you're booked for the works. Great, sit down and get comfortable, we'll be together for a while. It says here you're to get Silk wrap nails in glamour length. Silk wrap is way healthier on your nails; but can't be taken off easily. Once on, they're there for at least three months. Is that really what you want?"

"Bob sat nervously in the chair, "This is my first manicure, if that is what was scheduled for me, that's what I want. What do you want me to do?"

"Just let your hands soak in this solution. It'll soften the skin around your nails.

While his hands soaked they just visited. She was friendly and not inquisitive about his status. After ten minutes of chit chat, Fran applied a cream on his cuticles and pushed them down. She followed this with a very relaxing hand massage that Bob thought that was a little piece of heaven.

Fran presented him with an overwhelming selection of colors. He was unsure and couldn't decide so Fran recommended he go with her personal favorite shade, dark blood red.

"I don't know Fran; I must be able to present myself as a man. I don't want anything that makes me stand out and screams drag queen."

Fran looked across the table at his thin arched eyebrows and pierced ears and sniggered. "Sweetie, a lot of men come through these doors, none of them ever leave looking like drag queens, although, I've seen a number that left looking like a princess."

They compromised on the color and Fran applied three coats of a light pink lacquer, finished it with a glossy clear top coat that made them look amazing. Fran offered to add a small design on the nail for free. Bob sheepishly declined.

After the application of polish, Fran placed his hands under a UV light to dry and harden the nails. This took a full five minutes. When the timer went off Bob held his hands out in front of him, rather than curl them toward his palm like most men do. His smile spoke volumes.

"Well how do you like them?" inquired Fran.

"They're awesome, I love them." responded Bob, he uncharacteristically hugged the nail technician. She responded by kissing him on the cheek.

Breaking the embrace, Fran cautioned him, "You must be very careful with your nails for the next few hours. Nothing is worse than getting a manicure and chipping the polish later. If that does happen though, call me I'll have you come back for a quick fix."

Fran walked Bob to the door. "I really like you Bobby; we're always looking for girls as apprentices. We don't pay much, you work for tips and free beauty treatments during dead times. Think it over."

up
101 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Life's Unfair...

Bobby seems to be working on a limited budget while Phil is running the table of extra perks. Is Phil doing what they say...? I'm guessing Sue is caring for herself as she should have been before... Candy suggestion to give up, Not sure where she's coming from.

JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Sue's stated motive...

...is for Bob to do this to build up her trust in him all the while she drops hints to her possible infidelity. I said it before... I'll say it again; he should cut her loose. She says she wants her husband back but she is making him transform into other than a man? She's deceitful and cruel and she has already ended her marriage. The poor guy just isn't smart enough to figure it out. And if you don't think the marriage is over then you don't really understand marriage which is rooted in trust. The hints of infidelity and her kicking him out of the home is enough grounds for divorce.

Consistant Genre

His marriage is already over as soon as the two of them agreed to this. Wow so he doesnt get to live with your wife for a year and he gets to see her once a week. Sounds like a loving relationship. And guess what she also gets to date...Sounds like she is going to be messing around in Tahiti...Nice friends, but then again they like doing this to men anyway. Fairly typical story within the Genre so far, lets see it going to be any different.

Her dating and the contest doesn't have anything to do with one another, he should find out about her so called 'dates'...If she is being unfaithful, divorce her split is 50/50 like most places and she can pay alimony.

++++++++++++
Cartman: A fine day of plundering we had boys. What about yourselves? Here you are lads, plenty of booty to go around. A round of grog for me boys. A round of grog for everyone!

Pictures...

...He needs pictures of her infidelity if indeed it exists. The leverage she has is she can claim abandonment. By the end of this chapter he has already let it go to far. His only hope is to file before she makes a claim though I wonder what she would claim against since she makes all the money. There are only two options on her part that validate this story: She is either stupid and can't think for herself and is in thrall of a group of unsavory women (this is what I think) or she is vindictive and has already decided to end the marriage but can't leave him alone without leaving her mark. The latter is in itself a bit invalid without the presence of either mental or physical abuse.

this is sounding more and

this is sounding more and more like a train wreck waiting to happen. talk about unfair phil gets to stay at home and he has to be kicked out to live on his own for a year. it's beginning to look like either way whether he stays with her in the end or not she won't have a husband anymore. if she cares about him she had better wake up. obviously her so called friend just wants to see him suffer, or maybe candy just wants sue to her self or she wants their marriage to fail.