Adam's Song - A tale of Delacroix High: Epilogue

Printer-friendly version

Sorry, but this story is temporarily removed. Leave a message if you want to read it and I will send you a copy.

up
107 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Interesting Universe

littlerocksilver's picture

Taking Your advice, I went back to read your follow-up to this story. All I can say is that I am eagerly waiting for the continuation.

Portia

And all too soon

...it's over. I don't often re-read the stories here but this was worth a second look.

Are you going to post Amy's saga here too? With more Heidi Fleegleman?

Serious Literature?

It seems like it to me, but my intelligence has faded some. I try to understand the metaphors and allegories, but my mind can't concentrate enough. It skips to other concepts, like monster movies. I can't be sure if themes in the story correspond to mental or social problems that humyns really have or if it is just what we worry about, fears and fantasies that both repel and attract us. Possibly distracting us from more reality based fears and worries.

Individual humyns might be weak or strong, but sometime in everyones life, like near the end and the beginning, we are fragile. As a species, however, we are mighty and powerful and survive most everything; our numbers grow, possibly without limit. (like if we started to populate other planets.) Mental and spiritual problems aside, we are opportunistic, crafty, clever and ingenious. Some will die, always; billions my die prematurely, but our species seems like it will survive and expand for quite a while.

So, monster movies? The greatest monsters our world has seen are humyns themselves. They might kill sporadically and leave horrible corpses, they probably don't wipe out an isolated village or all the sex workers in a big city; they get control of countries or large parts of countries the kill millions or scores of millions. After sociopathic politicians, the next worse monsters are brainless microbes; they don't know anything. In some places they can't survive well, but they might get into other places where a lucky mutation (and they mutate constantly) lets them thrive. If they thrive in our bodies or in our crops, etc. huge numbers will die, but some of us will be resistant and, with time, the "germs" may mutate and become less than pandemic.

Entertainment, movies, literature, etc. entertain us. A serial killer or a mad dictator will provoke strong emotions and also strong emotions when they are stopped. These are themes of (sort of) realistic popular entertainment as are stories of plagues and disease fighters. Some however, look for fantasies more frightening, but much less likely than reality so far. Monster movies are made to scare, and maybe their scariness causes us to worry less about the horror of the real world or even trying to stop real life and death horrors.

I hope this make some amount of sense. Thinking about the last two chapters in this story brought the above into my mind (not that any of it is new or anything.)

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Lust is a pityful creature. I

Lust is a pityful creature. I feel sorry for her. Her very power means she can only destroy. All she touches crumbles, only sometimes something else rises from the ashes.

Thank you for writing,
Beyogi

so much wisdom in these

so much wisdom in these chapters. This story was really well written, I felt as though I was a part of the story, rather than a passive watcher, reading along as the story progressed. There is so much in here that I could relate to, that I do relate to. Thank you for sharing with me, with all of us.

WOW

Wow, Red you just blew my socks off!!!! Totally one of the best I have ever read. Don't know what else I can add.. Please keep writing

You're welcome

Red_Elise's picture

Thanks so much! If you enjoyed, please be sure to read the sequel "Teenager of the Year". Hope you enjoy!