Masks Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version

Masks Chapter 2

Chapter 2

*Before…

He actually passes me a shopping basket. “Go and fill your boots we’ll make this a cool Halloween and a homecoming for them okay.”

“Anything?”

“Anything Bud.” ….Bud…there’s another one that just is…ick but I let it go. I start getting stuff there’s this little spark of an idea that’s forming in the back of my head about me actually being me this year.

Well not really me but not Steven.

I just need to convince my parents to let me go out by myself this year.

*Now…

“Fill my boots huh dad?”

Okay, I’m doing this for Aunt El’s and my cousin. But just maybe I can pull off having a night of being me.

Funny thing is I don’t really have a girl name yet.

I suppose I do I mean I keep going from a bunch of different ones really like when I’m reading a good book I find myself putting myself in their shoes.

Aaaww man….I’d love to be able to wear real shoes.

Guys don’t wear shoes they have sneakers, then the have those ugly leather shoes and then of course boots.

Clunks.

Of course I’m a girl like so much inside it’s…well it just really hurts sometimes when I wake up and I look at myself in the mirror and it’s not the me that I am when I’m asleep.

I’m also a big chicken too because I haven’t told any of this to anyone.

There’s so much that could go wrong y’know not to mention school.

Oh there’d be a fresh slice of hell.

I’ve seen some of the stuff the bullies and the asses do in my old school.

Yeah I’ve switched schools since I’m now in seventh grade so here that’s what they call junior high. That’s here in Ontario grades seven through nine and we’re bundled sort of together too all of us that went to different elementary schools now here.

I know some of the kids and some of the bad ones are here too but there’s also the bad ones from like the other two schools. But it’s still only October and we all don’t really know each other yet and we’re sticking still sort of to our old groups.

Me I play hockey, Canada’s football. It’s the one sport that you can play like me and not be one of the hulking kids and be fast and as long as you can pass and shoot then you’re good.

It’s my perfect disguise.

I’m going all out with the shopping now too getting into it but also since we’re shopping for two girls I can buy multiples of things like hair extensions and the wigs and stuff because girls do that stuff we like to try different looks and if it was me.

I’d do one look at home to pass out treats, I’d have one look for school assuming I was a girl and wouldn’t get the crap kicked out of me and then one look for trick or treating and another for if I was going to a Halloween party.

“Whoa…that’s a lot of stuff Sport.”

Yick…Sport…thanks Dad woof…pant…pant…

“Well girls like to have choices and they like to do things and what might be cool to pass treats out isn’t like what Aunt El would wear say like after nine right?”

“Huh…okay good point. You think your mom thinks like that?”

“Daaad…trust me most girls think like that and way beyond that.”

“So…okay that’s a good idea.”

“What is?”

“Adult trick or treat.”

“Huh?” Why do I have the feeling that this will be like eeeww.

“We do the giving out candy stuff and then we have after like nine people over while you kids can….” He looks like he’s thinking.

I perk up with my own idea. “We could have a sleep over in the boat garage.”

We have a boat garage at home it’s not like dad’s work but it’s just a big garage where we keep out boat during the winter. It’s October so the boat’s still docked and that means it’s more or less empty.

“Good idea Bud, we can clean out all the tools and stuff and set it up like a sleep over for all the kids of the parents that’ll be over.”

Bud…Yick…images of me in flannel with a bootle of beer…get it bootle, Canadian eh.

“We can have like some scary movies and we can play music too and have a dance? It’ll maybe let your cousin get to know some people.”

“Awesome okay lets get all of this and grab some more candy.”

“More candy?”

Dad’s just grinning.

Okay I’ll admit he’s cool and he’s really into this stuff he always tells us about this store where he grew up that gave out full sized cans of pop and a full sized candy bar on Halloween and how those places always got “mad respect.” No….that’s not me saying that that’s dad trying to be cool.

Sorry Dad, I love you but you’re from the MC Hammer generation.

Aaaargh brain bleach…I just flashed on my dad trying to dance to *Can’t touch this.* in those pants…Yick.

I’m actually excited that I might just be able to pull this off.

We get the stuff and Dad’s lifting most of the bags up and he’s pointing to the mini-van like some kind of super hero.

“To the pumpkin!” He has those peal and stick clear decals for windows on the van…they weren’t there when we went into the store.

“God you’re such a dork.”

up
216 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

"To the pumpkin!"

D. Eden's picture

That is just soooooooooo bad! The story though is very good. I can't wait to see how Steven works it out to be herself for Halloween.

I spent last night deciding what to be for Halloween this year - I'm actually thinking that this will be a great way to introduce my sons to the real me - well, the real me in a costume, lol.

Still working on the costume though - something decidedly feminine without being too sexy. I want my sons to see me as a woman, not a slut you know!

Anyway, I really am interested in how you manage to work through the costume and the party for Steven.

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Steven's Dad is a holiday geek.

Like a lot of people that grew up poor and without the holidays often go very big into the holidays.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Its a dad's

god given right to embarrass his kids (to a point) dad does seem like a good guy.
your doing a slow build on this one. great job so far, thanks

Parents can be so embarrassing.

I'm glad that you're enjoying the slow build up with this though.
*Hugs and Howls*

Bailey Summers

Ah yes the 3 or 4

different costumes, school, for parents, for handing out candy and one for the party you were not supposed to go too.

Looks like great fun coming our way thanks Bailey

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

It's not needed but if a girl can...

All those costumes would be nice options. Steven wishes she was able to dress in al those ways.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Not needed true

but sometimes it is better that dad does not see all the truth of his daughter. Though I did find out after that he knew of all this one costumes and even approved of the most scandalous ones wish I had known before it was to late to share

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

“God you’re such a dork.”

giggles. Hey, a dorky dad isn't all bad. I really hope she gets the courage to talk to her folks about herself soon, you can almost hear the strain on her boy mask as she tries to keep her girly self from spilling out (not that I ever had moments like that, nope nope)

DogSig.png

That Boy-mask is really heavy sometimes.

Steven's finding this time so scary and heartbreakingly hard time for her as she's facing down the puberty guns.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey a proud big brother.

Bailey Summers

Very enjoyable

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

He may be a dork but he's one of the good dorks. :-)

I'm enjoying this Bailey. It's a little different, very measured and slow burning.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

I like good Dorky Dads.

It's a slow build but it'll be done by the deadline.

I kind of like the way that this is coming together, there's a nice feel to writing this.

*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

"God your such a dork!"(Dad)

But in this case that's not such a bad thing. Nice shopping spree Ms. Summers, can't wait to see how Steven pulls this off..... Hugs, Taarpa

Definitely a good thing with a dorky-dad.

He's a pretty good guy though and a funny guy too. I'm glad that you're enjoying this so far.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

(:

I really like where this is going.


I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair

Tanks Jenn:)

It's really gone a lot farther than I intended.
*Great Big Awesome Hugs*

Bailey Summers