Can a leopard change his spots?

Printer-friendly version

Can the leopard change his spots?

I dont remember my original name.

There is something tragic in that loss, the lack of an original identity.

I’m not sure if I was male, or female.

Or maybe something else altogether.

Because all I am is a chameleon.

Put me in a sausage-fest of guys, and I will act like a guy.

Put me in a hen-party filled with girls, and I will act like a girl.

And I have no idea which is my “true” self, or if either is.

I drift through life, blending into my surroundings, becoming all but invisible.

Forgotten.

And alone.

There are times I cry out to the heavens in protest of this, but the heavens give no response.

Sometimes, I wonder if I am even really human.

Maybe I was found by a human couple, and changed to look like them, just like I can change my behaviour now.

Maybe I’m some kind of probe, a way to examine human society without them knowing.

Or maybe I’m just a freak.

Either way, I dont really understand the people around me.

The gender thing is especially confusing. The way that men and women act, the way they dont seem to think like the other sex at all. Makes me wonder how couples could connect.

That’s one part of society I will never know first-hand, though.

Because even though I mostly blend in, something about me stands out to anyone who looks closely enough.

Guys would be uncomfortable around me, girls would make it clear I would never be anything but a friend.

And I have no idea why.

Or if it will ever change.

I guess I will just have to find out the old fashioned way, by living.

As best as I can.

And hold on to whatever hope I can.

Because for all I know, this “leopard” will be able to change his spots ....

Someday ...

End

up
144 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Spots

Leigh Veritas's picture

I like it, it evokes some interesting thoughts.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
Mark Twain.

Leigh Veritas

so what thoughts on spots?

asked the cat in the hat ...

giggles.

thanks for commenting, Alexia.

DogSig.png

Hmm...

Extravagance's picture

An interesting purr-spective.

Just how HAS humanity survived so long, given how incompatible men and women are?
I don't know if anyone's ever done a study on it, but it wouldn't surprise me to learn that homosexual relationships work better on average than heterosexual ones do. The sample size for homosexuals would be significantly smaller, but on the other hand they also have fewer potentially compatible people to choose from.

Catfolk Pride.PNG

somehow, we muddle through

it probably helps that sex feels good, and we get nice feelings of closeness ...

DogSig.png

For someone who didn't think

For someone who didn't think they would write for a while it sure was a short span ;) hehe actually am glad you wrote again , I was worried about you kiddo. you did good

thanks, Papa

hugs and purrs from your little kitten

DogSig.png

As a Genderfluid person this says a lot for me.

And while a TG site there's a lot of flow back and forth too inside. I can also definitely see this speaking to those who are intersexed as well.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey...a proud big brother.

Bailey Summers

glad it spoke to you, Bailey

it came straight from my heart.

hugs from your little sister.

DogSig.png

Not 42

The answer to life is lasagna.
I think the answer to why we all, stand apart in groups by gender is, we can not get the other setting.
If, men were, "FORTRAN" and women were "pascal", than 'everyone' needs to learn "basic".
but, on the other hand it could be worse you could be running in hybrid "Windows/Mac Os" :-)

So, Garfield had it closer to right then Douglas Adams, answer to life is Lasagna, and not 42.
Now, what was the question again?

growingup.jpg
"Sometimes you need a little space to grow up or start over"- Me

you cant know the question

or the universe will be instantly destroyed and replaced with something even more bizarre and inexplicable - of course, some people think this may have all ready happened, but there is some uncertainty about it ....

Lasagna is the answer? I'd vote for hamburgers, myself ....

thanks for commenting, hon.

DogSig.png

Sooooo, this is your dry spell? :)

Never say never, so they say.

I wish I could put my feelings into words a fraction as well as you do!

I felt you were writing a description of me. Except I never considered I might be a probe, sent to observe and report. If that were the case though, why would my builders bother to make me sentient? No, I think Occam's razor is applicable here. We (collectively) are mostly the denizens of that great gap between genders. How I got here is anyone's guess, but for me at least, I doubt I'll ever escape. I have noticed, like you, that when I get near the fence on either side, I start to mimic those I see over there. But I can never fully join them for some reason.

Hugs
Carla Ann

I'm used to writing every day

I go more than two days without writing, I think I am in a "dry spell."

I often thought I was an alien probe as a kid, it made as much sense to me as my actual life did ...

I think the problem with those of us in the gap is the fences on either side shouldn't be there - that gender is much more fluid and messy than "check this box if you are male; check this box if you are female". Without the fences, I am sure there are many on either side that would be more comfortable in the mushy middle ...

And maybe that will be our legacy. Our descendants will live in a world where they can explore either gender or find a balance between them without fear of being "othered" by those who choose one gender or the other ...

Thanks for commenting, Carla Ann.

DogSig.png

Oh so very true

Piggy in the middle and stuck on a desert island of indecision.

Oh so very true

Piggy in the middle and stuck on a desert island of indecision.

thanks, Samantha

not a fun place to be ...

DogSig.png

does a leopard stay always to the same spot

Your writing unfortunately describes the way many other people feel. I have
succesfully helped people who felt that way in several countries to find their true path.
I understand because I have also been in the same dilemna myself. I find it self rewarding to be able to help others. Beside who has too many real friends?
[email protected]

You, certainly, ....

.... can hit the spot in just a few words! :) xx