Room in Hell chapter 2.

Printer-friendly version

I woke with of course, a pounding head, dry mouth, rolling stomach, and other side effects of a night spent drinking while watching a movie marathon. My alarm clock read just after 10am, which meant I was likely late. I turned off my television and listened. All was quiet, which meant that my parents were gone. that meant dad was at work, and who knew where mom was? Likely visiting her new agey friends.

With no need to keep particularly quiet or take the usual precautions, I stumbled my way amidst curses and bright lights, into the shower. I drank about half the water pouring out as I cleaned up, and took four aspirin. Label warnings be damned. Feeling a bit more steady, I threw on some random clothes, ran a comb through my unruly hair and made my way downstairs to have a quick breakfast before dealing with what I had to do.

There were powdered donuts on the counter; dad's idea of a joke. He always liked poking fun at police humor. A note on the fridge told the day's tale. Dad was at work, and mom was seeing her shrink. It wasn't her scheduled day, so I assume I was at the heart of it...well my graduation in any case. Lunch was in the fridge, yadda yadda yadda, we love you, signed dad. Taking it down, I grabbed a mountain dew from the fridge. The lunch consisted of a sandwich of questionable origin.

I could always eat out later I guess.

So four donuts (which translates to five minutes) later I grabbed my keys and locked the door, going to my new beastly ride. Sure it didn't look like much, but it had a v8 standard, and could hit 0 to 60 in 6 seconds. I know, my dad showed me once.

It was still there, which meant he had to be in the old Lincoln, also lovingly restored. And mom would no doubt be in her little fiesta. I still couldn't believe I had my own wheels. Dad must have been planning this for years, the Lincoln was a relatively recent addition.

We weren't poor by any stretch, but we weren't rich either. I mean dad was on a cop's salary, and mom hadn't worked since I was born. Which reminded me; I checked my wallet. A 20, which was enough for lunch and gas...barely. The older a car was the more gas it guzzled.

I had a job stocking shelves at the local grocery, but I wasn't sure it would be enough to cover the new insurance fees I was sure dad would foist off on me in the name of building my character.

My character was built plenty in school, but the less he knew about that the better. Felicity Andrews' party today was hopefully the last I'd have to put up with it though.

It was a beautiful day once I got past my light induced pounding head. The sun seemed especially bright, the trees filled with green, flowers blooming, and people friendly. It kind of annoyed me, truth told. How dare this day, of all days, be so freaking bright and filled with promise?!?

I made it to 'City's house without incident, pulling into the gated drive that led to her palatial house on the hill overlooking the good part of town as a benevolent king looked upon his subjects. I parked my car carefully amongst the rows of others ruining the manicured lawn and walked around to the back.

The pool was a large Olympic size, and crowded beyond belief. Our entire small class had to be here...which I guess was the point. Snacks were thrown on tables in a half-hazard fashion, a card table loaded past it's safe breaking point with beverages of varying alcoholic content next to it. Not my kind of scene at all.

"Melvin you came! awesome, that makes everyone!"

"Hi, sorry I'm late City."

"No problem, you're fashionably late. I bet you forgot your trunks too, right? No don't answer, I know. Anyway, enjoy yourself, got to mingle."

"OK, no problem. Have fun."

I grabbed a coke and faded into the background, watching the zoo animals in action. Sudden freedom didn't seem to change them any. It took a good twenty minutes for the jackals to find me. The jackal in question this round was Randolf Smith, son of a lawyer who lived just down this same hill.

"Hey Melvin." He said my name with a smirk, but at least he used it for once. Odd.

"Hello Randolf."

I was always polite and cordial...most of the time.

"So what did you think of that set up after graduation? I bet that witch was really hot under that robe of hers."

"she probably had needle teeth and horns. You know what they say."

"True. Seems a shame though, she sounded hot."

So do telephone sex operators, and most of those are uglier than sin...jackass.

"so have you gotten tested yet?"

"Nope, just woke up and came here."

"I got tested this morning, it was easy...one minute standing in their circle, and it was 'goodbye Mr. Smith, enjoy your life.'"

He showed me his hand, where the blue star that meant you were of age or past and had been tested resided. No draft dodging for him, no siree! ....I really needed to rein in my sarcasm.

"Good for you. I'm just trying to avoid the initial rush. I'll likely go tomorrow or the next day, just hate the idea of standing in lines."

He gave a noncommittal grunt.

"I doubt they take anyone from our class..in fact I'd bet on it, our class is so small I doubt any of us have that infernal spark they look for."

Ahh, now I got it. I of course was the one person they'd all bet against. I'd never been caught messing around with Ouija boards or tarot cards or any of the other crap kids normally messed with at least a little, never been caught reading those bastardized copies of the 'Necronomicon' or 'the Various Mysteries' as Randolf himself had (an act that had almost resulted in his expulsion)....but I had the completely unwarranted reputation to uphold, apparently.

"I don't know, Sometimes even small classes have large percentages...like Salem. Read any good books lately?"

A childish dig maybe, but warranted in my opinion. He paled; no one liked to be reminded of Salem. One year, half their class was selected. They still managed rates of eight percent, well over what any other lone town could manage, even with that culling.

"Good point Melvin. So anyone you want to bet on? I'm running a pool."

"Not a soul. I don't believe there is any behavioral link that indicates who might get picked."

"Then how do you explain Salem? You just mentioned them, and the entire town is full of the type."

"I think it's genetics actually, recessive traits and all that. I mean, look how many devil worshipers and crystal wavers aren't picked."

"Hmm, maybe...but if it was you'd think science could prove it by now, I mean we found mapped the human genome."

"How do we know what the demons look for? For all we know it could be tied to hair or eye color. Hard to find that needle in a sea of haystacks."

"I guess. Oh well, we will see. Not swimming?"

"Nah, not a fan of the water...you know that."

He should, he dunked me in the municipal pool enough, whenever I decided to show up. He nodded and walked off, back to no doubt confer with his peers.
Ah well.

"And the douche leaves. Hey man."

I turned to see Jeremy Swanson, one of the nerd crew that is so typical of high schools the country over...and my closest friend. He considered me a member of his chess club, even though I'd never joined.

"Hey Jeremy, how are you doing?"

"Good man, good."

I caught him giving my hand a fleeting glimpse.

"How are you? Stanford still taking you?"

"Of course they are, just cause I missed valedictorian is no reason to write me off."

"You could have, you let Dewey have it on purpose."

"I will neither confirm nor deny that assessment."

while Jeremy was my best friend, I wasn't his. Dewey Harris was, and they were basically inseparable.

"So where is old Dewey? Even he should be here."

"Hes over by Gloria, trying to get her to give him the time of day."

Dewey has had a major crush on Gloria Luxhall, our resident token rebellious emo/goth chick, for years. She has never once responded that I know of.

"Ugh, he should give that idea up. Gloria hates everything, including him."

"Tell em about it...but word has it she likes brains, so our resident valedictorian might just have a shot this time."

I looked over and notice Gloria was actually talking to him, even if she did look bored out of her skull. Dewey's wide eyed eager puppy impression probably wasn't helping matters. I saluted the attempt with my coke.

"The plot thickens. You sir, are an officer and a gentleman."

"I confirm nothing, plausible deniability all the way. Which reminds me, why do you keep stringing City along? She's nice, has avoided the Randolf types for years, and carries a torch for you large enough for the statue of liberty to use."

I held up my right hand.

"The sword of Damocles. I won't do anything till it's not hanging over my head."

"Including live. Take a word of advice man, you've almost waited too long. Plan your life some, map it out. You've wasted years on what ifs here. Stop doing that."

"Tomorrow man, we will know tomorrow."

I know that most people are able to shove the selection in the back of their minds and do whatever they want, much like the British during the blitz and IRA days. I'm told most people simply enjoy their lives to the fullest while they can, and find their peace there. I just couldn't do that; I wasn't wired that way.

So tomorrow was when my life truly began.

"Whatever dude. I plan on going tomorrow too. Over half the class went today, the rest seem to be waiting the week."

"All according to plan."

"Hey, doing OK you two?"

I turned to see that City had snuck up behind me, a couple cold cokes in hand. She handed me one as I replied.

"All good here, just discussing your love life."

Jeremy smacked me in the back of the head as City gave her priceless look of embarrassed surprise.

"Idiot, you're not supposed to tell her you think she does it like a weasel to her face!"

"Whoops." I deadpanned.

She laughed.

"Just don't let my parent hear you say that. I think my dad still wants to discuss his gun collection with you."

I looked around in mock fear.

"He's not here is he?!?"

She laughed again.

"no, of course not, they started their second honeymoon today. Said I was a big girl and had the run of the house. Pretty sure they knew I wanted to pull a party like this at least once."

"You mean one bigger than your sweet sixteen, which shall live in infamy."

"Of course."

I couldn't remember that party; none of us who went could. I'd hazard a guess that for many of us that was our first time getting drunk off our ass.

"Well, I'm going to swim in my pool while I still can, getting colder you know! See you boys later!"

She ran giggling, and stripped her shirt and shorts off along the way. The bikini underneath revealed, she cannon-balled, splashing everyone near the pool with a laugh. My mouth was suddenly dry, So I took another long drink of the coke she'd handed me before.

"You know she's too good for me right? I can't be the only one to have noticed that."

Jeremy gave me a look approaching pity.

"Man, it doesn't matter if she is. you're who she picked. Just enjoy it while you can...before she wises up."

"truer words were never spoken."

I watched the lovely mermaid swim along, laughing, splashing, racing others. I felt the need for air...outdoors no less. My former class as a whole was stifling in its gaiety, it's mindless merriment. the dark clouds threatened to haze my vision in red again, as they had done once before.

"Look man, this really isn't my scene. I came for her, but I need to leave before I get pissed off. Any way you could make apologies for me?"

"sure thing dude, I'd imagine she already knows you want out of here. She knows you better than you do."

"Probably. Catch you later man, give Dewey the good word and all."

"I will. Catch you on the flip side."

We fist bumped and I left.

Checking my watch as I walked to the front again, I frowned. I actually had blown quite a bit of time at the party...it was 3:54. Time for late, very late lunch. Kind of surprising, since I talked to all of three people. The only ones with the guts to come up to me in fact. Back down the mountain I go, the radio keeping me company with the areas' only rock station. The local Burger Barn was only eight blocks from here, an easy drive.

The place was mostly empty, with only a few kids younger than me inside, and I ordered my usual...a triple and large fries. Sitting at my customary booth (back to the wall, watching the entrances...a habit I learned from my mother.) I ate quickly; my parents would be back home soon, regardless of where they had gone. I was done and getting up to throw my wrappers away when the main plate glass window exploded.

What had caused the window to explode was a 3 foot long or so gray hairless dog with jagged teeth reminiscent of a dinosaur. It's head was perhaps twice as large as it needed to be, but it carried it easily. Greenish purple blood flowed freely from large rents in its' skin, but it didn't seem inconvenienced; it jumped over the counter,onto a worker in a spray of blood that hit the ceiling, the process almost an afterthought.

The window disgorged another apparition, even as the fastest people were hitting the exits. This one was a grey gargoyle, large and seemingly chiseled from rock itself. It wore a red loincloth (for which I was thankful) was hairless with numerous scars all over it's body. It was carrying it's summoner in
it's arms, a robed woman.

I also recognized both from yesterday. they both turned to me, the only one visible not already running for the hills.

"Which way did it go?"

I pointed to the counter.

"It probably went out back through there. It lept over the counter." I pulled out my phone, no longer as interested in leaving.

"what's that for? pictures?"

"What? no! There is a guy down behind the counter. He might still be alive."

Her demon went over the counter and she followed, vaulting it easily.

"Well you can call, but call 912, not 911. Don't worry about this guy...hes dead."

I took a step over, but she shook her head.

"Don't kid. You don't want to see this. Got to go."

Her voice and rapid steps receded into the distance. Solid advice, 912 was the rapid response anti demon task force, Sort of a anti demon SWAT consisting of specially trained police, fire, and EMT's. And of course, every squad had a witch or warlock too.

"912; state your location." That was a bit different, normally the authorities asked for the nature of the emergency first, didn't they?

"1rst and Palmer; the Burger Barn, Oakwood."

"Are you safe sir?"

"For the moment, pretty sure it's gone. It was some sort of dog, with huge teeth, about 3 feet long. A witch and her demon were chasing it. The reason I called was the dog mauled one guy to death that I saw, and there are probably more. Some might still be alive.

"Response is rolling, I estimate 5 minutes sir. Your name please?"

"Melvin Numens officer."

"Alright Melvin. I'd like you to go somewhere you know you'll be safe. A freezer or windowless room, something like that. Can you do that?"

"I don't see anything like that. I'll just go to my car; It's pretty much a tank, and can outrun whatever that dog was. Thinking it will double back?"

"It has happened before. If you're going to your car, please just drive down and meet our officers."

"Sure."

While the police might have issues with witnesses leaving crime scenes it was apparently encouraged by the ADTF; good to know. I took a cautious look outside. Looked clear, so I sprinted for my car, the only one left in the lot, got in (I left it unlocked) checked the backseat quickly (you watch horror movies and ignore your backseat, I dare you) Fired the tank up and left, heading down main in the direction I knew the ADTF had to come.

I wasn't long in finding them, tearing down the road sirens blaring, lights flashing, in two blue painted military grade armored hum vees. I pulled the quickest three point turn I could and followed them as they tore back to the Burger Barn.

I waited with my hands visible on my window while the two vehicles disgorged six people each in the dark black ADTF variation of the blue SWAT uniforms I'd seen before. The first group formed a perimeter around the building, weapons up and scanning their surroundings with piercing stares.

the second went into the building itself, in teams of 2 like one would see in the movies. Their Warlock went with them, demon leading the way. I was too far away to tell gender or features, but the robes were a dead giveaway, and looked rather tacky with a kevlar vest over them.

"Mr. Melvin Numens?"

While I'd been watching the show the driver of the first hum vee had snuck up on me. He had a clipboard in hand, which struck me as a bit more incongruous than the Kevlar over the warlock's robe did.

"That's me officer."

"I'll take your statement now sir."

"Of course."

I told him everything while the other officers processed the scene. Occasionally he would get pulled away by another officer reporting in, but since my statement was quick I was done almost before the ambulances arrived. Which was when I saw the gargoyle again, carrying the headless corpse of the demon dog. Behind him was his witch, carrying the missing head. She was conferring with the officer that took my statement as I left.

shit I was late, it was now nearly six. Playing fast and loose with the speed limit I made it home just after six. My dad was waiting on the porch.

"no note, no call...."

"There was a demon incident in town, I got sort of mixed up in it."

He raised an eyebrow.

"Where and how?"

"As a witness, and at Burger Barn. I was only witness that stuck around."

"how bad?"

"there was at least one dead that I know of. Mom's paranoia saved my life. you can read all about it tomorrow, I made a statement."

left unspoken was the silent agreement that this wouldn't be mentioned to mom. She had been flaky enough as it was lately.

"don't want to talk about it?"

"Talked about it too much already, really. Just want to kick back and relax."

"I'm here if you want to. But for the record, your party went long, alright?"

I nodded.

Mom was in my face as soon as I closed the door.

"And where have you been?"

"City's party ran a bit long, I'm sorry. Phone was dead, so I couldn't call."

She stared into my eyes for a long moment while I shuffled from one foot to the next, then nodded. She was awful when it came to remembering to charge her phone, so I knew she'd believe me.

"OK. Dinner is cold, you'll have to heat it up.

"I'll just put it away, not really very hungry."

Before I knew it I found myself hugging her. Awkwardly I broke the hold.

"Love you mom; you two have fun, going to fill out some lovely paperwork in my room after I clean up."

She looked as bewildered as I felt.

"Alright son, just leave them on the table and I'll mail them in the morning."

Suiting action to words I went to the kitchen while dad pulled mom into a game of Clue. She loved that game.

Dinner tonight was beef stroganoff. One of my favorites, but I wasn't really in the mood for it tonight, even if I were hungry. After putting the leftovers away and doing the dishes, I journeyed upstairs.

On top of my desk next to my ancient computer was a small pamphlet of college applications I'd never completed. I'd sent two out, but the others...they were for very good colleges that my grades were probably not good enough for, which was why I hadn't sent them. However, why not send them? Worst thing that could happen is they would turn me down.

So with one of the die hard movies in the background I spent a few hours filling them out and in envelopes. around the 10th one I took a break for a coke. My parents were still awake and playing board games, so I snuck back upstairs, leaving my envelopes where they would be found. Somewhere around the next
die hard, I fell asleep.

**************************************************************

Mornings suck, and Sunday morning sucked more than most. When I got downstairs both mom and my college submission were gone. Dad was reading some file, and muttering to himself. I grabbed a bagel and a morning coke.

"What's up dad?"

"Just reading this report."

Dad never pulled punches with me...he always told me about his job, and how warped the world was. Which was in part why I was so screwed up, but I didn't hold it against him.

"Report on?"

"Seems that demon you saw yesterday was part of one of my cases. The summoner was a merc allegedly hired by Mikel the Butcher in order to win a turf war. Said summoner finally went crazy, and let his demon go. The ADTF is still investigating how he learned to summon demons in the first place. The books aren't easy to get anymore. Current theory is an old German legacy copy smuggled out somehow."

"Smuggled out of Germany? Wow, long distance."

"Not too far out of the realm of possibility for the Russian mafia. Especially when you consider Mikel is the grandson of a Russian officer rumored to be in Germany during the Reaping."

"Wow, but to carry a book like that out....different times, very different times, I guess."

He nodded.

"Most of this could be wrong; it's just conjecture after all, but It has a certain logic to it."

"Did they catch the guy?"

"Nah the demon killed him and ate his soul before going on that rampage. Final tally is 8 dead. We're a bit lucky that other summoner was in the area testing kids or it would have likely been higher. We're also lucky someone had the presence of mind to call 912. The situation could have gone very differently."

"That not happen often?"

"not often while the event is still going on. Usually it's an hour or more after the fact. Not too many survivors ever, and those that do generally call from a safe location...like a safe room or bank vault. Those that call immediately are generally those that are bleeding out. the rest don't want to even have a chance to see another demon, even a tamed one.

"A valid point."

"So does you plan for the day involve mowing the grass? I needs it, and you've got work tomorrow."

"Well it didn't but it does now. Guess I'll have time. Was going go back up to the school and get tested."

"Ahh, right. best to do that now."

I nodded and stood up.

"Going like that? Not going to clean up some first?"

"Nope. Right in, right out." Be damned if I'm cleaning up for those jerks.

Another beautiful day, sunny and nearly cloudless. The beast still had enough gas, and I was actually feeling pretty good for once. The drive down to the school, the last one I'd take if I could ever help it, was uneventful, and I could see Dewey, Gloria, Jeremy, and Felicity holding up the wall to the gym. I parked and approached.

"Hey guys, what's going on?"

"Oh we just thought we'd hang out here for a bit."

They followed me to the doors.

"you hear about Burger Barn?" Gloria asked, ever the gossip.

"No, what about it?" I replied, playing it cool. City echoed me.

"It was attacked by a rogue demon! Isaac, the guy who graduated last year and was working there, was killed! Daria said it right in through the window, the reinforced plate glass window!"

Gasps greeted this announcement.

"So close to my house..." City muttered wide eyed.

"It's OK City, nothing happened. your house has that top of the line security system too, with the anti demon measures right?"

"Yeah but it wasn't on... I didn't set it. It wasn't on the entire night!"

"It's ok City, you're fine...but you should probably set the alarm when you get back home."

"...Right."

"And on that happy note, we're here. So who gets tested first?"

We had walked right past the unmanned door and empty hall and into the Gym proper. The parquet floor the basketball team played on was pulled up revealing the testing circle, a six pointed star of some esoteric kind or another.

"Oh, mememe!"

Gloria stated, running ahead of us and to the testers, two warlocks this time. Of the witch that I saw yesterday, there was no sign. As for Gloria...second most likely to get selected, in action. A goth and a warlock groupie. We watched as she talked to the pair of robes. I noticed the Gym wasn't as unoccupied as I thought at first. There were army, actual military in fatigues, stationed at several points in the gym, mostly hidden behind equipment and the like, but not really trying to hide.

Weird....how did we not notice them until we were nearly in the middle of the room? I pointed a few out nonchalantly to Jeremy and he nodded, he'd noticed them. City and Dewey only had eyes for Gloria and her test.

"So think she'll get picked?" Jeremy asked.

"Nah;' I replied. 'She's a wannabe...I doubt she actually has the temperament. She views the robes as rock stars."

Sure enough, mumbo jumbo was spoken, not quite loud enough for me to make out, and nothing. No lights, bells or whistles.

"Anyone know what a positive looks like?"

The others shook their heads as with a brief back and forth with one of the warlocks Gloria headed back over, looking disappointed.

"Well I wasn't picked. Someone else's turn."

Dewey stepped up, not to be outdone.

Five silent minutes later, and he was back among us. As each of my friends was tested and found wanting by the darker side of life, my mood rose. Perhaps this year, like many others, no one from our school would be picked at all, and it could be business as usual. Then City was done, and it was my turn. I walked up with a smile, feeling a bit numb.

"Hi...melvin Numens.

"Yes. We know. Please take your place within the hexagram please."

I did so. This time I could hear the gibberish being spouted.

"suscitatio antiquus cruor!"

It sounded like Latin, and the star immediately reacted, sheathing itself in a corona of red fire which felt cool to me. The light show peaked at the ceiling as I watched in bemused awe.

"NOOOOOOO!!!"

Felicity's shocked cry brought me to my senses. I looked over to see my friends in various stages of shock and dismay. My grin didn't slip. I gave Jeremy a nod, and he nodded back. Somehow we two had always known; somehow the entire school had, or at least suspected.

up
296 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Acutally

I was half expecting you to tease us and he would test negative. :)
City is not pleased, but now she knows.

hugs
Grover

so he's a positive ?

cant wait to see what that means for his life from here.

DogSig.png

Spellbinding

This story has my curiosity piqued.
Joanna

positive

If it is something to test for with those who are not tested dying. ... well, it doesn't sound as though it's something you want to get.

I look forward to the next exciting instalment!!

Xx
Amy

Based on Felicity's reaction.....

D. Eden's picture

A positive test is not something that anyone wants. It will be very interesting to see not only what this means for Melvin, but also how this impacts the relationship between them that Melvin was obviously keeping on hold.

I suspect that this is not going to be news that is well received at home either. Obviously whatever ritual Giles performed fIled to work. But, as Melvin stated at the end of the chapter, not only he and Jeremy, but their entire class had somehow known that Melvin was fated to be chosen. After Melvin's calm reaction to the demon attack, I was pretty sure that the test would be positive, althought there is always the chance for you as the author to throw in the unexpected twist - like Felicity testing positive.

I can't wait to read more!

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Mom is also-

a big clue. I think she was one of these summoners at one point and something went wrong. However, a positive response does appear to be undesired by most. Melvin put his life on hold, because he had a feeling he would be a positive.

Hugs
Grover

Grover...

Seriously Grover you and wolf have a tendency to read my mind or something. Mind hax. Hax I say!

(My muse -

What are you doing out of your cage?!?!? *cracks her whip*

Back to work! faster, cheaper, faster, cheaper!)

chapter 3 is already on the way :p

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you appreciate my tales, please consider supporting me on Patreon so that I may continue:

https://www.patreon.com/Nagrij

I have a feeling that a

I have a feeling that a positive response to the test results in a "Join us or die"-type ultimatum, with a possible "Bind you so you can never use your powers" third choice.

Test or die

What, no choice in the matter, sheesh?

Go to a nice little Diner, grab a burger and what happens. Monsters flying in, eating people, more monster fly in, chase the other monster. Mean while, calmly call 912, drive away, drive back, etc,etc,etc.

Sounds to me that Melvin may be a Bad Ass sometime soon lol.
Just another day in the neighborhood. Who needs Cable TV or Dish Satellite in that neighborhood lol!?

I usually don't get too excited on this type of story but I must admit that it did get my attention somehow and I also admit that I am looking forward to the next one.

Vivien

Company.

You're in good company there; I get the feeling I've somehow snagged more than a few people with this one, regular type of story or not...maybe this will be the holy grail for a writer; one that crosses genre lines.

I dare to dream.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you appreciate my tales, please consider supporting me on Patreon so that I may continue:

https://www.patreon.com/Nagrij

Thought I'd read this one!

Podracer's picture

But maybe not? Ooh, it's like finding a forgotten chocolate bar in the drawer :)

"Reach for the sun."

forgotten chocolate...

*drools*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you appreciate my tales, please consider supporting me on Patreon so that I may continue:

https://www.patreon.com/Nagrij