Room in Hell chapter 5.

Printer-friendly version

I was floating on cloud nine. City's sweet sixteen had just ended, her parents had gone to bed...and the guest room was at the other end of the house. She was wearing a pink chiffon dress that made her look younger, vulnerable, and I had on my one tuxedo. Both families had gone all out to celebrate.

But of course we had our own ideas on how to celebrate.

"I'm ready for my real gift now Mel..."

She whispered in a breathy whisper, shucking off her dress in a move she must have practiced, for maximum speed and effect. Not to be outdone, my Tux flew in all directions. She smirked at my noticeable underwear tent as I gawked like a rube at a fair before her revealed majesty.

"And here I was worried about your size...."

"My dear Felicity, you wound me! I come from a long line of 3 legged men."

I jumped her, gently tackling her to the bed. I did not want to hurt her tonight of all nights, but I couldn't wait any longer. She giggled as I took her underwear off, her small hands sliding my boxers off. I leaned into her, enjoying her warmth, nuzzling her neck and running my hands across her smooth hard chest....

Wait a minute. Hold the phone.

I ran my hands across the form I was lying on again. I had no tension in my muscles, lying completely on top of this person, my chest squished against theirs. My hands roved across firm abs, and toned muscular pecs...

Something was very wrong here. Opening my eyes revealed a pitch black room.

I shifted a little, it took more effort than I was used to, and some of the warmth went away. I mourned it's passing briefly; I was very cold. Then the answer came. My chest...was squished against someone else's.

My chest should not squish. As I shifted again, it occurred to me, my right leg was wrapped around the other persons' left...and shifting that leg brought
to mind a series of sensations I should be having...but didn't. Meanwhile my chest continued to squish.

"Whatthefuck?!?"

My voice was several octaves higher. One hand snaked to my crotch to find only air and smooth silk; reaching a bit further found a cleft I could feel through the cloth, a faint press brought the faintest hint of moisture from within and a rather pleasant sensation. My other hand had found the source a warm soft cantaloupe attached to my chest also sheathed in silk, with a hard, erect and large nipple.

Arms snaked around me, once more burying me in the foreign chest with a silent squish.

"Good morning master. You were having pleasant dreams I see."

I knew that voice.

"Grex, what the hell?!?"

I tried to push up, but I could only squirm. I could almost see his grin in the dark. Unsufferable bastard.

"How do you feel master? "

"Pretty confused. Why am I female?"

"Because you bargained poorly master."

"Damn you let me up! You will give me a straight answer!"

His hands immediately let go and I sprang up and away, making one full step before getting dizzy and beginning to fall. Somehow he caught me before I hit the ground.

"I protect you from all hurts possible, as ordered. You are chilled, I warm you. You fall, I catch you. Our bargain holds master, there is no reason for distress."

Before I knew it I was on the bed again.

"I told you When you summoned me. 'I bow to no man'. I also stated clearly that the standard price was years off your life. I in no way stated it was my actual price."

I stared at him aghast. How could I have missed that?!? With one glossed over phrase which I took to be a boast...I had completely ruined what little bit of my old life I could have gone back to. There was nothing for me now.

"Now for the other part of my price my dear master... I name thee Maeve."

I found myself laying down, head on my pillow, mind swimming. My thoughts had scattered like so many startled birds, my train of thought derailed. Everything came back into focus for me to find Grex hovering above me, watching me with something that could be mistaken with concern.

My first real thought was to wonder where his wings had gone. He saw my eyes start to track him and smiled down at me.

I must have been incoherent for some time; there was some light in the room now, revealing that there was something wrong with my eyes. They were perceiving colors differently, though I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Slowly my master, much has changed for you. Small steps."

I could do this. I had to do this. It was forward or die, and had been since the selection. I took a few deep breaths...getting angry. These stupid huge appendages glued to me! They shifted in uncomfortable ways, with every breath. A thought surfaced.

"what time is it?"

"It is 5:43 a.m. master, roughly."

I got up, taking more care this time. Everything kept shifting and moving differently, it was frustrating. I felt like a child learning to walk.

"More hip movement, master."

"...What?"

"Your center of gravity is different, your weight redistributed. You need to swing your hips more in order to walk properly as a female."

I glared at him for a bit, then tried again.

"Much better; Soon it'll be second nature."

I headed to the bathroom, grabbing one of my robes on the way.

"How do you feel, master?"

"Other than the obvious, my back aches."

"I see, that should pass. Your musculature is still not fully formed as yet."

"that why it's taking such effort to move?"

Sitting down to pee was going to get old. The seat was cold!

"Very likely."

Still feeling moisture I used toilet paper to wipe it away. Yep, very annoying.

"So when should that pass?"

"By the end of the day."

I stood looking in the mirror. It wasn't full length, but it was good enough. I'd guess I lost about 4 inches in height. now standing around 5ft 7in. My hair was a wild pure snow white mane that fell in thick waves past my shoulders, my skin was purest alabaster. Bright red eyes were set in a heart shaped face sporting delicate features that brought my mother to mind. My nose had a slight upturn that hers did not.

My new breasts were simply enormous, and my hips were wide enough to land a helicopter on. I had been dressed in a sky blue nightie or something; all silk and lace.

My robe...wouldn't fit. I simply could not get it over my huge melons, it was some synthetic cloth that wouldn't stretch, and the robe wasn't large enough to accommodate my new curves.

"You're going to have to help me Grex."

"What is the problem?"

He approached as I came out of the bathroom.

"You'll either have to make me smaller or make the robe bigger. Only clothes I have that I have a chance of fitting in, and time is wasting."

"Somewhere you need to be master?"

"Ready to receive visitors in under 10 minutes or we both may well die, yes."

He raised an eyebrow. OK it wasn't quite a lie, but he didn't need to know that!

"Hold your robe up to yourself."

I did so...and he did something, the robe started melding to me, bleeding color. As I watched it formed into a dress around me, some sort of blood red goth style affair, trimmed heavily in black. I raised my eyebrows when the fingerless gloves and boots simply bled into existence. I looked under the dress on a hunch, and saw the black mesh stockings as well.

"Useful trick, but your style sucks."

"You don't like what I offer, do it yourself; you have the power. Ah, that reminds me!"

He approached me again and I backed away.

"What are you plotting? stay back!"

"Calmly master, I must do this to protect you. You compelled me to see to your welfare, remember?"

He grabbed me gently and pulled something out of his suit pocket.

"What are those?"

"Charms of protection and power seals."

He cupped my hand and I felt a tug at my ear; a painful pinch.

"Ouch, jerk! What are you doing!"

"They are earrings master. A tiny sting and they are inserted. The pain will fade, and you will be protected; from enemy attacks, and from your own new found power destroying you before I can train you."

Ignoring my protests he held me and stuck me five more times. I wobbled to the bathroom after he let me go. Standing in front of the mirror I saw six new holes; 3 per ear...one each in my lobes, and 2 near the top of each ear. What caused those holes were small silver rings, with some sort of engraving on them. The holes had already gone pleasantly numb. Leaning closer to see the runes I got dizzy again and almost fell.

Which meant Grex caught me again.

"You tell me again, speaking nothing but the truth; What are these for?"

"2 of them are charms of protection, designed to protect the bearer from physical and magical harm. Both will make you severely resistant to damage of any kind. The other 4 are to prevent your own powers as a lord of hell from running out of control and burning you to ash."

"They make me feel even weaker."

"I know. That too will pass."

Grex hovered as I walked slowly into the kitchen, the pain from my ears and oddly enough my back fading in between steps. I grabbed one of the green teas I had bought what seemed a lifetime ago when a knock sounded at the door.

"Melvin? You survive?"

I took a long pull from the tea.

"Isn't that your door master?"

"Answer it, it's Karen but she's looking for someone else. Must be at the wrong door or something."

He grinned at me, showing his teeth this time.

"No my master, You have forgotten your old name. You must make the effort to remember, at least for some time to come."

Oh, shit, he was right. That might mean I was declared late. He opened the door before I could yell at him.

"...Melvin?"

She was looking at Grex as she said it, she spared me a quick glance. Grex gave her another one of his toothy grins as I walked slowly up.

"It's Maeve now. Good morning."

She looked between the two of us a few times...then she started to laugh.

"Every class has at least one; I never expected you to be the one to trade their masculinity though! you just didn't seem the type." She exclaimed, wiping her eyes.

"Damn it, it's not like that!Shut the door at least."

She did, getting serious.

"Alright, so this is you're demon. what happened? You shouldn't be able to open the door with a demon summoned in here right now; he shouldn't have been able to open it at all."

"I can open it easily madame, however walking through the threshold might be a fun challenge." Grex opined.

I squirmed under her 'hairy eyeball' stare.

"I'm not compromised, as far as I can tell. As for why he is able to, I don't know. He's been here since 1am. I've been um...indisposed for almost that long."

She took her phone out.

"Sir, we have a situation. Could you please come to room number 66, and keep your line open but speaker off."

"OK, go over the terms of your bargain, verbatim."

I told her everything the demon had said, and my responses, including my thoughts as we sat down. I heard some of the other summoners moving around outside. I rounded that out by telling her everything I remembered since then. She lost her cool to laughing fits more than once.

"So the gist of it is...you got a very good bargain, but got duped in that you didn't know exactly what the price was."

"Not sure it was worth the price; there isn't anything for me now. None of my friends or family will ever know who I am, or believe it if I told them."

"don't be too sure about that. At any rate for now the thing to worry about is who is actually wearing the pants in this arrangement."

She snorted laughter again, and nearly collapsed looking at my face.

"Sorry, sorry, I couldn't resist. So Maeve, is it now? You're going to have to work on that face of yours again, it's showing every emotion like an open book. Could be a liability."

I kept my hands from going to my face in an attempt to slap it into proper submission...barely.

Without preamble the door burst open and The old man himself, who I hadn't seen since the day after my arrival strode through with his demon, thrall. Immediately the tension in the room went up several notches as Grex and thrall caught sight of each other. I attempted to rise quickly.

"Sir!"

A wave of dizziness hit me just as he said: "At ease soldier."

I collapsed gratefully back into my comfy chair while he crossed the room.

"I heard it all soldier, and I must say I'm disappointed in you; we taught you better than that. You were fooled by an elementary trick, a wordplay of kindergarten levels! Why, what would..."

Grex interrupted.

"Excuse me worm...But I think I can explain this little misunderstanding."

He nodded at thrall; thrall nodded back and he continued.

"My name is Grex...yes, that Grex. Maeve had no chance to succeed in uncovering my ruse; thanks to an earlier contract, I was assured a moment of blindness when dealing with her. Part of an earlier contract price was that moment of blindness, a sort of critical lack of perception. Of course, you of all people know this. Hello again."

And he waved. The general paled a bit.

"What? What does he mean, how can that be done?"

"He means your momma sold you out, boy. You're not the first Numens Grex here dug his claws into."

"Can that even work? I mean I thought the bargain had to be between the actual parties?"

"It can if they are blood. Grex here bargained for one moment of weakness in you, the first born's life. Your momma granted it because she was young, headstrong, and knew that it offered a kind of protection; Until Grex came for his moment, you were demon free. No demon would touch another demon's property."

It began to make sense....when everyone thought I was demon marked...I really had been all along. If I hadn't already been sitting, I would have fallen. My own mother.

"You're momma bargained to exist boy...she got cheated badly. She was amazing in her way, but you...knowing what she'd done to you broke her. You however...you got fair value, better than you should have under the circumstances. I am sorry boy, I just didn't do my job well enough; had I checked the personnel reports, I could have stopped this."

Karen looked as shocked as I felt. The general himself looked every year of a hundred, apologizing to me. She muttered:

"All this time and I never knew."

A small knock sounded on the half open door, and Alice Crenshaw stepped in. Alice was a summoner attached to the psych wing of the corps; she had a small imp summons with a unique trick...it could discern truth between lies, and force others to tell the truth...or lie if Alice wanted. Her ability was too useful to risk her on the front lines. The imp caught sight of Thrall and Grex and cringed, walking inside as if it feared a whipping.

"you called for me sir?"

The general recovered in an instant, looking much younger and more vigorous instantly before turning to Alice.

"Yes alice, time to play truth or dare. That one,' He stabbed a finger at Grex. 'is your target."

"Yes sir."

I opened my mouth.

"No soldier, let her come into this unbiased."

"Alright demon, do you have a master?"

"I do, human."

"Who is it?"

"Maeve Numens, the summoner in that chair."

"When did you meet her?"

"Last night."

"Is there anything in your bargain that allows you to control her or influence her mind?"

He stared hard at the imp, who bucked up and looked back in pretty obvious defiance.

"I may of course reason with her. I cannot control her actions or thought except where her life or welfare are in danger; this is subject to interpretation by both her and myself. Should she overrule my judgement, I must abide by it. I am a part of her life now, and my mark is upon her, much as your lives are marked."

I thought about that....I hadn't seen any mark; every summoner had one, a glyph that looked like a tattoo. They formed on a variety of spots, but when I had seen myself in the mirror there wasn't a single blemish on my skin; not even old scars. The mental mark...the malaise that Karen had mentioned yesterday...didn't feel corrupting or overwhelming at all. It felt...soothing.

Well that's a disturbing revelation.

She turned to me.

"Are you being controlled in any way?"

The feeling of being forced to tell the truth was odd, I felt a sort of pulling in my mind. It was brief however, as I had no hesitation.

"No ma'am."

She did outrank me after all, and was here in an official capacity.

She looked at her imp, and her imp nodded to her.

"I think that covers your questions Sir, unless you have more?"

"No thank you Lieutenant, That covers my most of my concerns. You may go.

I tensed again as she departed.

"Most, sir?"

"Hold still soldier."

He grabbed my head and turned, staring at my ears. He tsked, put on his glasses, and looked again,twisting my head to and fro as if I were a doll he was trying to break. Grex took a step before Thrall somehow appeared in front of him. they began staring each other down as the general kept looking, oblivious.

"The earrings check out, all six of them. No hidden nasties."

He looked down at me and smiled.

"Welcome to the fold lieutenant. you're out of uniform; I suggest you correct that ASAP."

He clapped thrall on the shoulder as he let me go, and they left without fanfare.

"Well you heard the General!" Karen finally roused herself, holding out a black robe I hadn't seen her carrying.

"Um, there was a problem with that, and unless this robe is different somehow I think it'll share the issue."

She looked me up and down. then giggled.

"Yeah I can see that, you're huge! The old you was a bit of a beanpole."

"...Thanks."

"Oh don't get all huffy about it, it's a compliment! You know how many women would sell their souls to a demon to get those hooters? I'm all kinds of jealous."

"You can have them."

"No she can't,' Grex interrupted with a glare. ' but she can feel free to tell me all about these silly monkeys who would sell their souls for teats."

"No thanks!' Karen replied cheerily 'and how are you still here? you've been constantly summoned for hours. The drain should be enormous."

She jumped into my personal space, staring at me from about 3 inches away.

"You feel OK?"

"I feel fine actually. Better now than when I woke up, and feeling better by the moment."

"My master is not built as weakly as you." Grex opined as we left the relative safety of my rooms.

Karen sniffed and whirled away, a bundle of energy I could only admire; Nothing was a problem to her for long.

"Come come, to the store! There are things you will need, and you have the day off!"

She Danced around me, clearly impatient with my slow pace.

"Calm down, it'll still be there."

"Wow...dat ass. Where have you been hiding baby? I haven't seen you around."

Justin. Was he hitting on Karen? No she was too far ahead by now. I turned around, to find that Justin's roving eyes were glued directly to MY backside!

"Oh my, I'd have definitely remembered seeing you before; What's your name baby, you a new recruit? I just passed my Ritual, I could teach you how."

How could he be so stupid? there are no new recruits after a school year. It's run bi-yearly, with any leftovers from the school year being recruited in the spring.

"Justin...you're an idiot. Go away."

"Hey, that's no way to be! come on...!"

Then Grex stopped shadowing me and stepped up behind him.

"Were I you I'd listen to her, worm."

Justin turned to a full view of Grex's teeth.

He turned some interesting shades and backed away.

"Sure, no problem man...You have fun."

"Nice, Grex."

"Thank you, master."

Karen had come back.

"So what happened here, slowpoke?"

"Just Justin staring at my butt."

"Heh, awkward."

She started pulling me along, sorely testing my balance.

"Karen...."

"Yes?"

"How bad is it?"

She stopped and pulled me in a corner.

"you look great. Excepting the red eyes and white hair, you're supermodel material. Your butt isn't too big, you're hips aren't too wide, and that rack of yours will be the envy of every woman who hasn't had surgery; in short you're about as close to perfect as a human can be. You were sculpted to be pleasing to the eye, that much is obvious."

"Thank you." Grex interjected.

"Thanks. Don't know what came over me, I just felt so self conscious all of a sudden."

"Noticing the stares huh?"

"Yeah, was beginning to think something was wrong with me...that I was freakish somehow."

Hey, if you have to be female, better to be an attractive one, right?

"No problem, it happens to us all. You're definitely not freakish, even though those red eyes make you look demonic."

"Yeah, will that be a problem?"

I asked as she started pulling me along again.

"Not really. You know of the robe rule?"

"You mean the regulation that states for benefit of the public all summoners with an 'altered' appearance must appear in the robes befitting their rank at all times?"

"That's the one. The inside secret is a bit different. Summoners many times wear normal clothes, and live normal lives when off duty; at least here. The difference is if you show strange oddities due to your bargain, you're not allowed. It's robes, all the time. you're right on the edge. You can pass as simply one of those unusual humans that crops up every now and again. I'll have to ask the colonel...or the general. He likes you, you know."

"He does?"

"Sure, he didn't bust you for being out of uniform!"

"You seriously think he would? I mean extenuating circumstances, right?"

"Nah hes a real martinet when stateside. You'd have been busted. He absolutely likes you. well finally here! Let's go, let's go! Oh and dismiss Grex...he's not welcome in here unless you need him, remember? Besides you need some down time, you're really starting to worry me."

"Alright, alright. Grex go home. I'll call if I need you."

"Certainly master. See you soon."

And with a puff of acrid smoke he was gone. He was a demon, and screwed me over horribly....

So why did I feel a sense of loss when he left?

"come on!"

"Wait Karen, My balance is crap! seriously, I can hardly walk, quit pulling!"

Despite my protests she pulled me in the women's section and straight to the underwear.

"First stop!"

She went to a desk near the fitting rooms and grabbed a measuring tape.

"We have prepared for this; as I said before, always one per class."

"How many this class?"

"Not so sure actually, at least one more...you'll likely meet her later, she was checked out before you. Just as pissed as you are actually, despite the fact I think she secretly wanted it. Not sure why."

"Never can tell about people I guess."

She dragged me into a fitting room and unzipped my dress.

"Is this really necessary?"

"Yes, trust me, you want bras to fit correctly."

"so what did that other summoner you were mentioning get a hold of?"

I asked, trying to think happy thoughts while she applied the tape to my person. She wrapped it around my chest three times, then my waist, then my
hips, all while I contemplated murdering Nazis. Too bad there weren't any more.

She got a rare type of demon called a Vrock...a type of flying demon that's not quite a male harpy. OK! I think you're right!"

"Right about?"

She poked me in the chest...hard.

"These are entirely too big. 36D. You literally have the holy grail of figures for a woman. 36, 24, 36."

"Tell me about it,' I hefted them. 'they feel like they weigh 20 pounds each."

She stared carefully at them as I let them drop.

"No, more like 10 pounds each. Entirely too perky for breasts that big. Sigh, not fair at all. You, stay here. Right here. That's an order, I'll be back."

She opened the door and walked off muttering, leaving me exposed, as it were. I quickly reclosed the door, and leaned back against the wall to wait.

And I waited...and waited...and waited.

If I could have zipped myself up I'd be hunting her down by now.

"And back!"

"Got enough of the store's stock?"

She had to have about 20 bras alone, had a few different sets of fatigues, socks, and a couple packs of panties. Oh joy.

"Got to try on at least this many...don't want those beasts of yours hurting after a few hours, do you?"

"Um, no, having them pull like this is bad enough."

She made me try them all on; even the ones I thought fit fine. After each one, she gave me a contemplative poke or two, or grabbed the torture device and 'adjusted' it in such a way that the straps or cups dug into sensitive flesh. Two different packs of panties were apparently rejected once the bras were finally settled on.

After that the fatigues were a relief. I simply stripped and tried on the pants, immediately discarding two that weren't quite big enough to accommodate my hips, and one pair that was too big in the waist. The T- shirts and jackets fit fine.

"Not a big selection since we're military...you get desert or olive drab."

"I'm fine with either, can we just get out of here?"

I asked with maybe a hint of begging as I folded up that silly dress, now once again attired befitting a human in the 21st century.

"I'd suggest desert, goes better with your new colors...but olive drab is more popular in most of the places you're stationed...Wait here a bit more."

"Fine, whatever."

I spent my time looking at the different styles of military belts. there were more than I thought there would be. I grabbed two just in case I needed them later...I could do that much.

"OK, back and all set!"

I turned to see Karen with six sets of fatigues, 3 of the standard olive drab, and 3 in desert camo. she also had even more bras, and packs of 'sports bras', socks, and boots.

"Now follow me! We need a few more things!"

I groaned.

*********************************************************************

(tbc)

up
271 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I missed that too.

He never did say did he? So what happened to Mom? So after the ten years she bargained for that when she broke?

Hugs
Grover

Sam.

Sam's tale is coming, so I won't say much. Suffice to say that while she bargained a bit better for her own sake than Melvin did, and served with distinction...realizing what she had done broke her mind. She did not break her bargain however;that's suicide.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you appreciate my tales, please consider supporting me on Patreon so that I may continue:

https://www.patreon.com/Nagrij

Sold out

By his mom. How embarrassing. In more ways than one I might add. So now it's Maeve instead of Melvin. Nice name.

At least Grex seems to be honoring his part of the bargain even if he did take advantage of Melvin there though that wasn't Melvin's fault. Though to be fair, Grex did say that ten years of life was the standard price not that it was what he would demand.

Also, Grex said that Maeve is stronger than normal or something like that. Going to be interesting from here on out, I do believe.

Maggie

Grex

Grex wouldn't dare break this bargain; he's worked too hard for it. And the best part of the new name is what it means. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you appreciate my tales, please consider supporting me on Patreon so that I may continue:

https://www.patreon.com/Nagrij

Oh. Very well done I went

Oh. Very well done

I went back and reread 4, "I will never serve a human" guess our hero has a new mailing address now....

Maeve being the future "bride

Maeve being the future "bride of Grex" would certainly explain a few things :)

Very Interesting Story

How does magic work in this universe? Grex has his magic, which, from his rank in hell, must be pretty strong. We've been told that Maeve has her own magic. Can Maeve change her actually form, like do a breast reduction? She should be able to change her appearance, like with a glamor. Would it be difficult for her to always 'wear' her glamor?

Can she dye her hair? Wear colored contacts? If she can't change her actual hair and eye color, that is.

I'm looking forward to reading how this 'war' is actually fought. What is the goal? Enslavement of all humynkind?

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Glad.

Ok going back to answer the last 3 posts in order, as I was out for them. Fletch I'm very glad you caught that; Maeve is still unaware of it due to her blind spot, but those who caught it are right on target.

Maeve could be a future bride of Grex...that's really up to her.

And Renee, magic works by using rituals or long form spells. Any short form magic, like those spells you traditionally see in games or the bigger budget movies are contracted for; that is, currently extra dimensional entities control such power, humans do not.

This is why humans can do runic weapons and rituals to summon, but have precious little to prevent a demon from ripping their hearts out once battle is joined. As for Maeve, well she can do anything Grex can do...or possibly more. She just isn't trained yet.

And lastly, as for what the demons really want...this one is for everyone. If you can guess, I'll tell you, and mail you a
chapter of any of my stories you want early.

I don't think you will though. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you appreciate my tales, please consider supporting me on Patreon so that I may continue:

https://www.patreon.com/Nagrij

wow a great chapter!

And I think I picked up on the never bow to a man line but glossed over the rest. Oh well.

I am liking this story more and more. Say?
, do you have a spare 50 more parts to keep me blissful for the rest of tbe year? ;)

And this line made me crack up for a few minutes. You just couldn't resist, could you?
"Oh don't get all huffy about it, it's a compliment! You know how many women would sell their souls to a demon to get those hooters? I'm all kinds of jealous."

Hehehehe
Keep up the great work! Xoxx
Xx
Amy

No Observations, Really

Just wanted to say that this is an awesome story so far. Your storytelling is superb and the reader is immediately immersed in the action. While I miss Minerva and wonder what is happening with Fuyuko, I don't want you to interrupt this story for anything. This is every bit as intriguing as Whisper or Maggie Finson's Caregiver Stories.

Thanks,
Larimus

Min.

Fu is patient, but Min is getting loud again.

Just saying. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you appreciate my tales, please consider supporting me on Patreon so that I may continue:

https://www.patreon.com/Nagrij

I concur

Yeah....what Larimus said!

Dance the dream you're in

Side note.

I've wondered for some time if the Caregivers was an open universe....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you appreciate my tales, please consider supporting me on Patreon so that I may continue:

https://www.patreon.com/Nagrij

New name

I like her name. Maeve, meaning “the cause of great joy” or “she who intoxicates", has now the figure to intoxicate. I do love traditional Irish names.
I'm enjoying this story and all the comments are enlightening. I'm looking forward to the future chapters to see where this leads.
Joanna

Maeve.

Maeve also has another meaning...in latin; "Madness."

(cackles madly)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you appreciate my tales, please consider supporting me on Patreon so that I may continue:

https://www.patreon.com/Nagrij

This is madne----

*is slapped in the face for revisiting old memes*

xx
Amy

Fun!

Elsbeth's picture

I can see how there are always a few in the crowd, both wats. 9th Level daemon, interesting and dangerous.

-Elsbeth

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.