A personal history of mutation side story; the P.G.A.

Printer-friendly version

(The following were notes and an ancient hard drive found aboard the C.E.S Exeter during a routine sweep of uninhabited crew quarters...said notes belonged to one Samantha Frasier. Records indicate Samantha Frasier was a medic aboard the Exeter, completing two tours and then retiring with distinction. these transcripts have been included here in the interest of completing the record, in the hopes that future generations will be better informed
about the psychological motivations of the subjects involved.)

Maggie Johnson looked at the assembled throng from her position at the podium. All the high school girls from freshman to seniors were here....or so many that the no shows didn't mean anything. The cheer squad was in front of course, with the honorable Pamela Dale presiding.

She turned to her assistant in arranging this, Samantha Frasier, a frumpy looking slightly overweight sophomore that happened to be a great friend, and was almost ninja-like in her ability to stay unnoticed.

"Ready?"

Sam gave her the thumbs up from her post at her laptop, and hit a button.

Maggie tapped the microphone she'd plugged in earlier, making sure it worked in the age old fashion. She then yelled into said mic above the murmur.

"Let's get this started, OK? To start, what should we call ourselves?"

"Do we need to call ourselves anything?" Trish Jones asked, slightly clueless.

"Concerned citizens?" Lydia Sills replied.

Maggie made a show of thinking while the murmuring increased, but abruptly stopped it once the shouting started.

"I have it! The Paris Girls' association!"

"The PGA? Isn't that what the golfers are called?"

"Whatever! I declare this meeting started!"

They shut up, mercifully.

"Now as some of you may know, but not all of you, rumor has it that Myrciel Campbell has mutated...."

The murmurs and shouting started again.

"Myrc!?!? no way, what a waste...."

"Great, another one."

"How tragic!"

"SHUT UP!"

The 'conversation' stopped again.

"Rumor also has it that as a result of his mutation, Myrciel is becoming female."

This time there was awkward silence.

"that's right ladies, Myrc will soon be joining us in our bathrooms and locker room. I saw the paperwork myself. The rumors are true."

"How did you see the paperwork?"

"Um, that's really not important. What is important, is the principal has signed off on this. It's going through."

The muttering and shouting started again, this time with righteous fury evident.

"Calm down! I have a plan."

"And what kind of plan is that?" Sam asked calmly, firmly cementing her place as straight person.

"Simple. We confirm it our own way. Myrciel may well have mutated, and may well be female. Or it could be an elaborate trick. I think we need to investigate Myrc when he comes back...play a little bit of 20 questions, or similar."

Ruth White spoke up, adding a surprisingly thoughtful question to the background noise of outrage.

"What possible gain would Myrc get by lying to us about this?"

"I don't know.' Maggie replied. 'But you know about the other rumors concerning Myrc. He could be a pervert."

Ruth replied in surprisingly loud voice, shooting a scorn filled glance at Pam.

"I don't believe any of that crap."

Pam spoke up.

"I'll do it. I know a way to confirm whether Myrc is pulling a fast one or not, and I should be the one to do it anyway; none of the rest of you know him well enough."

Maggie pretended to ponder this as well. It was all going according to plan, and so easily!

"Alright, you're up. He will be coming to school Monday. Get whatever you need ready by then. Meeting adjourned. Watch out for teachers on your way out."

Maggie watched with Sam as the women of Paris high filed out of the gym, still chattering.

"I really don't think we should be doing this. It seems like a huge overreaction."

"The school may be letting a perv into our bathrooms Sam. We owe it to ourselves to be careful. Best case scenario is it's just an elaborate prank."

"Worst case?"

"Myrc did indeed mutate. You know how the boys will take it. If Myrc can't defend himself anymore...well, I don't think I'll let any girl get beaten down in school by boys, even a newly minted one. Even if shes a lesbian."

"And beaten by other girls?"

"Well, we will see. Time to go."

They packed up and left.

*******************************************************************************

(Notes indicate these are minutes from the second and final meeting.)

"How could she do that? I mean, what the hell!"

Maggie paced back and forth, obviously agitated. She turned to Sam as the others started filing in, or as many as would come during lunch.

"computer on?"

Sam nodded and Maggie turned to her audience.

"Let me be clear; What Pam did was in no way condoned by any of us, or should be. Siccing that brute on someone half his size...!"

"And the worse part is, we don't even know the truth!"

Cindi Billings shouted, apparently more upset about that then having her cheer-leading captain in hot water.

"I don't know, I think it's pretty obvious. Boys aren't that normally that small, fine featured, or busty." Ruth opined.

"Tell me about it!' Chrissy Johnson exclaimed, 'She looks like a damn doll!"

"Or a petite supermodel."

Sam dutifully cataloged the nods for the minutes; There were 13.

"Um, we do know the truth. One hundred percent." Maggie spoke up, face coloring slightly.

"Maggie, what did you do?" Ruth asked.

"I um, felt bad about how things turned out, so I helped Myrc...err Minerva, clean up. While we were in the bathroom I was rearranging her clothes and..."

"Tell me you didn't molest Myrc. Please tell me you didn't...."

She went bright red at the insinuation.

"Of course not! but I was dusting off her clothes and the urge to know just hit me all at once...so I straightened her jeans for her."

"And how does that prove anything?"

"Well um, it's kind of obvious...." Maggie hedged.

"What is?" Ruth persisted.

"The jeans are tight...."

"And?" Ruth wouldn't let it drop, even though some others were nodding now.

"SHE HAS CAMEL TOE!" Maggie shouted, then looked around the echoing gym, mortified.

She continued on in a whisper.

"there's just no way to fake that; Ive done some research, there are things called gaffes that can hide a man's weiner, but nothing that I could find that gives that unique appearance. So we have a shocked, confused and hurting girl on our hands."

"Then we don't add to it. We all owe Myrc that much." Ruth replied with a surprising amount of steel in her voice.

"But what if she's a lesbian?" Cindi piped up, the horror in her voice evident.

Samantha spoke up clearly, into the microphone itself.

"Simple; I don't care. I happen to know of at least two lesbians that already share our locker rooms with us, and haven't tried anything. Besides, She's shorter than all of us, and weighs less than 100 lbs. Pretty sure if she tries something any one of us take her."

"Agreed. If anything we close ranks around her, not the other way. Are we all agreed?"

Universal affirmation met Maggie's ears.

"Then I declare the second meeting of the PGA over, and the organization officially disbanded, it's charter fulfilled. Let's all go get lunch!"

Cheers met that declaration.

Cindi walked up to Maggie.

"How do we help Pam?"

"We don't. She went way too far. She made her bed, she can lie in it."

They all filed out, Cindi's curses not quite being caught by Sam's laptop microphone.

up
234 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Interesting interlude

This was a nice look behind the scenes of what happened that first day back at school.
hugs
Grover

So wonderful to see more

even if it is a sidebar, hope that more stories of Minerva are imminent.

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

What are you up to?

So are you putting room in hell on hiatus, and picking this backup?

Nope.

Nothing of the sort, had this knocking around, decided to finally release it.

I just wasn't sure I wanted to show the combined deviousness, clique-ish, possibly cruel and not always well thought out mentality of the average early teen girl yet. fourteen year old boys are still kids...fourteen year old girls are an interesting mix of in between.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you appreciate my tales, please consider supporting me on Patreon so that I may continue:

https://www.patreon.com/Nagrij

hoi

i liked it
its great to get a ''fragile'' super of a change .
not that i mind the supertipes but it was i nice change to read a story about a mutant who is not superstrong or has verry destuctive powers
so thank you for posting this great story and i hope the is more in the pipeline

erik je

Enjoying this but,..am

Enjoying this but,..am frustrated at the length of time
awaiting next chapters. : (

alissa

Loving it

Gr8tS4g3's picture

I really like this story, it's well written, funny, and the characters are adorable. I am looking forward to reading more. Of course, eventually Min needs to go to Whately, her time is wasted in that dinky little High school, she needs the sort of challenging curriculum available at Whately, the only thing is, she also needs her friends to keep her grounded.

The Nature of Monkey is Irrepressible!

Revealing side story

Jamie Lee's picture

This side story helps explains a bit more why Maggie started taking an interest in Min.

But how did Pam step over the line? What did she do that got her in hot water?

Others have feelings too.

Jamie Lee - Over the line

She sicced Gordon on Min. That's why he assaulted Min in the hallway. Pam was right next to Gordon, in the #2 lackey spot.

I am kinda disappointed in Maggie and Samantha. Here I'd been thinking they genuinely wanted to be Min's friends, when it all started out as cold blooded as it gets. It was only guilt that made Maggie help Min. That is a poor foundation on which to build a friendship.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Karen J....

Not quite. Maggie is a bit of an activist crusader... and she flits from cause to cause. Sam's motivations are and always have been... different.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you appreciate my tales, please consider supporting me on Patreon so that I may continue:

https://www.patreon.com/Nagrij

When was the vote taken?

Jamie Lee's picture

In reading this whole story a second time I realized something about Maggie that is unsavory, she appoints herself chief cook and bottle washer. No one in that group of girls elected Maggie as group leader. Or realized that Maggie had been manipulating them. Or has other motives of her own design.

One day someone will wise up and see exactly what Maggie is doing and that will begin Maggie's downfall.

Others have feelings too.