Siren Part 4

Printer-friendly version

Martin Fleming meets a watery end, but from beneath the surface something new will arise.
sirens_cove.jpg
I do not own any characters or places created within the marvel universe. This is merely a fictional story using some of the ideas created by marvel. Please enjoy it and don’t take things too seriously. Also this story is in no particular timeline of the X-men Universe.

Siren Part 4
By: Bowrider

Poking my head above the water only slightly to hide my nudity I shouted out to the ice man. "So I take it you weren't sent by the cops since they don't associate with mutants, so who are you and why won't you let me go?"

The man chuckled to himself and taking two steps forward I watched as the ice that made up his body simply dissipated.

"My name is Bobby Drake and I know you're probably not going to believe this but I was sent here to pick you up and keep you out of the cops’ way. If you'll just come out of the water I'll answer any of the questions you may have and you'll realize that you don't have to do this alone."

Looking at Bobby without all of the ice on him, he seemed fairly straightforward and honest with his expressions. Even though he seemed to be trying to look out for me though, something seemed off about his story.

"How could someone send you out for me? Technically I don't even exist right now. How do you even know you've got the right person?" I said as I slowly waded closer to the ice wall Bobby had made, reminding myself of what he could do.

"Trust me kid, I was told to bring back a young girl who came out of the water at this beach at this time. Now I don't know about you, but there doesn't seem to be many late night swimmers in this lake so make up your mind, are you coming or not?"

Seeming to be getting annoyed at waiting for me I watched as Bobby walked over to a nearby tree and sat down next to it, watching me to see what I would decide.

Taking a deep breath I dove under the water and listened to the lake as its soothing sounds encompassed me, urging me to the shore as if I should go with Bobby. Figuring that this was as good a sign as I was going to get, I once again shifted to my water form to hide my nudity and made my way towards the beach and this strange man.

Upon exiting the water and taking a look at the surprised man I turned to him saying, "What you've never seen someone made out of water before, Frosty? Now you better start talking about where we're headed and if I don't like the sound of things I'm off again, got it?"

Realizing that he was staring Bobby just responded saying, “Sorry about that, but I was never told what you could do. As for where we're headed, well let's just say that you've never been to a school quite like the one we're headed for. Come on, my car is over this hill and I can get you some of my extra clothes until we get to Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters."

Following Bobby to his car he pulled out a sweatshirt and some denim shorts and I order him out of sight while I shifted back to flesh so that the clothes wouldn't get soaked.

After both of us got into the car and he started up the engine he turned to me asking, "So what do I call you? The Professor never got around to telling me that."

Nearly blurting out Martin I stopped myself and remembered the name that I had given to the detective as I exited the gym, "You can call me Kara, so how long will it take to get to this special school of yours?"

"About five hours so you can take a nap if you want to, I'll wake you up when we get close."

I had to admit that I was tired, who knew that fleeing from the police for being involved in your own disappearance could be so exhausting. Closing my eyes I nodded off after just a few minutes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kara wake up. Your snoring is loud and we're almost there." Bobby complained to me.

"Shows what you know, I know for a fact I don't snore, so there...” I mumbled at him after pulling my head off the window.

"So I may have exaggerated about the snoring, but that mark on your head from the window is sure real enough." He said while trying not to laugh.

Looking out the window while trying to tame my now much longer hair I saw what could only be described as a mansion set upon the top of a hill with a forest surrounding it.

Glancing over to Bobby I said, "I thought you were taking me to a school, this place looks like something a billionaire would own!"

Bobby started laughing outright now as he tried to maintain control of the car. "Oh it's definitely a school alright. So what's going to happen is that when I drop you off I'll leave you with Professor Xavier who owns this billionaires' mansion as you put it. While you're talking to him I'll see about getting your room and clothes set up."

"What do all of you even want with me anyways? You didn't even know what I looked like before getting out of that lake."

"I'll save most of the speech for the Professor Kara, but what I will tell you is this. When my mutation started I had three paths ahead of me; I could bury my head in the sand and hide what I am, I could take what I wanted from others with my new abilities, or I could help those who didn't have the opportunity to make the choices I did. Who you are is not your name or body or what you can do. Your choices define who you are. Now enough of the serious talk, I think you're in store for a few surprises today so try to take it all in stride and have some fun with it."

To Be Continued...

up
184 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A different story for me...

Yet I find it fascinating and wonder what is unfolding. You have my interst and waiting for another chapter.

Hugs, JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Wow

That's quite the compliment for a writer, I hope I can live up to it. I'm just glad you're enjoying it. ;)

The feel of this is a lot

different than other 'mutant' superhero tales. I'm very interested about what you do with it. :)
Hugs
Grover

Now maybe Kara.....

Can get some answers as to the "how's and why's" she is who she has become now! Bowrider dear, looking forward to more of this one hon. Loving Hugs Talia

A Breather...

Now that some of the action has died down I am hoping to flesh the character out a bit, I didn't want to lose the pacing during her escape. Hopefully you'll enjoy what's to come. :)

Sorry about the long hiatus,

Sorry about the long hiatus, but my moving company didn't drop my stuff off until two days ago so I haven't had my computer (they were three weeks late). I'll try to get things going again soon, but there will be more to come.

PS. Never use van lines direct for moving.