The Hyperverse Gazetteer

Printer-friendly version

The Hyperverse is a continually expanding universe where superheroes, and villains exist. Given the number of different characters, locations, and powers present in this world there is a lot of information. Brianna Eketta has generously put a lot of time and effort into compiling all that information into a single source for both the author(s) and readers.

This database will be updated and expanded as the universe grows and the story lines all come together.

Amethyst's Hyperverse Gazetteer

by Amethyst

Gazetteer of places and people

A result of the hard work of Lexicon, the Hyperverse Chronicler... aka Brianna Eketta

Disclaimer: The original characters and universe are the property of Amethyst. No infringement of pre-existing copyright is intended. This information is copyright © 2013-2014 Brianna Eketta, Amethyst. All rights reserved.


Naughty or Ice:

Locations:
Edmonton Canada – Home base of Stonewall
Toronto Canada – The location of most of the events of this chronicle.
Seacroft Mansion – To everyone it appears to be an old, creepy haunted house outside Toronto. It is actually the secret hideout of Arcana.
Ten Pins Alley – Bowling Alley on Kingston in Toronto. It is the secret HQ of The Thrilling Threesome.
Nathan Phillips Square – The location in Toronto where Arcana set a trap to try to capture Slush. As a result, Slush, with the help of Crystal and The Thrilling Threesome rescued her mother from the influence of Morgana.
Aaron Morris Private School (AMPS) – School for mutants started 10 years ago by Deep Blue. It is located on a former Canadian Navy base on an island in Hudson Bay.
Morristown – The town that has grown up around AMPS with a population made up of a lot of former students and support people for the school.
Hyper Leaks – Web Site that outs the secret ID's of Superhero's and Villains. No longer operating because the Super-villain Arcana got upset when the operator (she turned him into a newt) outed the ID of the Superhero Stonewall.

Hypers:
Hero's:

Michael Evans – Superhero Stonewall, he initially operates out of Edmonton Canada and is a Geomorph and geokinetic.
Jake/Jackie Evans – 15 year old son of Michael and kidnapped at least twice a week by various minor super villains. Finally kidnapped by Arcana who transforms him into a girl then later cast a spell which froze her which activates her hyper chromosome. Calls herself Slush when using her powers. Using her powers, she is able to free her mother from Morgana's influence.
Crystal (real name not given yet) – Initially a 20ish Asian trans-woman who finds Jackie after she escaped from Arcana. She is a mutant with defective hyper chromosomes who is able to form crystals much in demand by magic-users. She finally comes into her full abilities and correct gender after her defective H-chromosomes are corrected by Mervin and Eugene.
Ashley Evans – Mother of Jackie and wife of Michael. For the last 14 years has been in a Mental Institution. Before her hospitalization was the superhero known as Cantrip. Purchased a magic item when her child was a toddler and fell ill. The magic item, Morgana's Bracelet enabled the soul of Morgan le Fay to possess her and until recently, Ashley had been resisting her. However, recently, Morgana gained control and escaped the hospital and became the super-villain Arcana. Is able to resume her Hero identity after her daughter defeats Morgana.
Max Evans – Grandfather of Jackie. His superhero ID is Captain Inferno.
Mervin – Uncle of Ashley Evans. His superhero ID is The Silver Sorcerer.
Eugene – His superhero ID is The Brain. He is also the owner of Ten Pins Alley.
The Thrilling Threesome – Superhero team made up of the superhero's Captain Inferno, The Silver Sorcerer and The Brain. This team was mostly retired until they helped Slush rescue her father and mother.

Villains:
Ashley Evans – Mother of Jackie and wife of Michael. For the last 14 years has been in a Mental Institution. Before her hospitalization was the superhero known as Cantrip. Purchased a magic item when her child was a toddler and fell ill. The magic item, Morgana's Bracelet enabled the soul of Morgan le Fay to possess her and until recently, Ashley had been resisting her. However, recently, Morgana gained control and escaped the hospital and became the super-villain Arcana.
Destructo – Minor super-villain who kept kidnapping Jake after his father was outed.
Huntmaster - Minor super-villain who kept kidnapping Jake after his father was outed.
Headpin – A super-villain who died a couple of years ago due to a heart attack. The Ten Pins Alley used to be his secret hideout.

Non-hypers:
Alan – He was Jake's only remaining friend in Edmonton.
Jenny – A girl about six years old rescued by Slush in Nathan Phillips Square.
Sarah – Mother of Jenny.

Glitch:

Locations:
Aaron Morris Private School (AMPS) – School for mutants started 10 years ago by Deep Blue. It is located on a former Canadian Navy base on an island in Hudson Bay.
Dorm 7 – A dorm on AMPS
Morristown – The town that has grown up around AMPS with a population made up of a lot of former students and support people for the school.
Morristown General Hospital
The Edge Mall – Shopping Center in Morristown
The Cutting Edge Hair Salon and Body Piercing Shop – Located in The Edge Mall

Known Hypers:
Tim – Night Supervisor of Dorm 7 AMPS. He has the ability to detect magic.
Erin (code-name Allure) – Girl about 15 years old assigned to Dorm 7.
Mrs Karen Morris AKA Deep Blue – Founder of AMPS.
Daniel/Dana O'Brien – Computer Specialist/Repair at AMPS. A magical/electrical glitch activates his dormant H-chromosomes and he becomes a daughter of Danu the Moon Goddess as well as regressing physically to about the age of 15. Because of all the changes, she is no longer able to work at AMPS but is accepted as a student assigned to Dorm 7 with the code-name of Moonchilde.
Stacey O'Brien (code-name Fortune) – Wife of Andrew, she owns The Cutting Edge Hair Salon and Body Piercing Shop in the Edge Mall in Morristown.
Curtis O'Brien – Son of Andrew and Stacey. He is a Cat One magic user and student at AMPS.

Mundanes, Unactivated Hypers or people not described as an active Hyper
Dr Jennings – She is a Doctor at Morristown General Hospital where Daniel was sent after his h-chromosomes activated.
Dr Sanchez – He runs magical research for one of the four Experimental Labs in Morristown.
Andrew O'Brien – Daniel/Dana's brother. He has dormant h-chromosomes.
Everett – Staff at AMPS

Syryn's Song:

Locations:
New Haven CT – The location for most of the events of this narrative.
Jumping Bean – Coffee Shop
Club Tartarus – A club that Ken got the Band a gig at before his change.
Farnam Memorial Gardens – A public space in New Haven where the band-members were underage drinking. It is also the location where Alex physically assaulted Ken and seriously hurt him enough to put him in the hospital in Intensive Care.
New Haven Children's Hospital (NHCH) – The hospital where Ken was sent after Alex attacked him and where his dormant h-chromosome activated.
Hyper Ward – A ward set up in a secure location in the basement of NHCH to care for and protect children who have undergone having their h-chromosomes activate.
Hill Regional Career High School – The school Dr Park used to test-out Leslie and Candy while they were in the Hospital. They are now both graduates of that school.
New York City, NY
Carl Schurz Park – Park located across the street from the secret HQ of the Superhero group Aegis
East 88th Street New York City – The address of the building housing the secret HQ of Aegis
The Freak Show – This is a social gathering of NYC Hypers that is invite only and moves from location to location. Only Hypers are allowed entrance.

Groups or Organizations:
Red Prophesy – Teen Band
Deadends – A band that was discovered at Club Tartarus.
Church of the Purity of Adam – Church Ken's mother attends. This “Church” is rabidly anti-hyper along the lines of the Westboro Baptist Church.
Aegis – Superhero group based out of East 88th Street New York City facing Carl Schurz Park.
Hyper Protection Program which is an offshoot of the Federal Witness Protection Program.
RevolveR - Name of a new Band who also happen to be a Cadet-branch of Aegis.
H8 - A Hyper Street Gang.

Special:
The Ladybug – Transport vehicle of Aegis designed and built by Blake Dixon.

Hypers:
Hero's:

Lisa Leeds/Liberty – Leader of Aegis. Friend of Dr Park.
Nick Tanner/Blackout – Member of Aegis, able to cancel out the powers/abilities of others by touching them. Is also able to detect and measure powers/abilities.
Travis Truman/Silver Spirit – Member of Aegis. However, he is not a Hyper. His abilities are due to a suit from an escaped Alien from the Roswell crash who died while passing over his uncle's ranch. The suit has an AI that is bonded to Travis and refers to itself as Phil.
Jason Jackson/Phantasm – Member of Aegis
Tessily – Sidhe Princess who after being cursed 8 centuries ago by her sister and then freed from her curse is now a member of Aegis.
Blake Dixon/Prodigy – 15 year old son of Senator Dixon who was rescued by Liberty. The Senator asked Liberty to take in Blake under a new name for his own protection so is now Lisa's foster son. While not an official member of Aegis he does design and build many of their devices for them. Also the secret founder of The Freak Show.
Senator Ronald Dixon – United States Senator who is the unofficial patron of Aegis (not know if he is or is not an unactivated Hyper).
RevolveR – Name of the Band and Cadet-branch of Aegis consisting of Syryn, Twilight, Starbright, Decibel and Riff.
Ken Graham now Candice Lynn/Candy (code-name Syryn) – 17 year old founding member/lead singer/manager of Red Prophesy. Booted from the band due to Alex after his h-chromosome activated. Taken in by Aegis after being released from the hospital. Lead Singer of the Band Revolver and leader of the Cadet branch of Aegis.
Leslie (code-name Twilight) – 18 year old patient in the Hyper Ward who becomes Candice's friend. They decide to room together when they are released from NHCH. Taken in by Aegis after being released from the hospital. Organist/Keyboardist of RevolveR, Cadet branch of Aegis.
Mai Tanaka (code-name Starbright) – Hyper introduced to Candy and Leslie at The Freak Show. She is a Bass Player and back-up singer. Now a member of RevolveR. She is also the older cousin of Suki (see A Star is Born)
John Edwards (code-name Decibel) – Another Hyper introduced to Candy. He is a drummer and Starbright's boy friend. Now a member of RevolveR.
Ian Smith (code-name Riff) - Another Hyper introduced to Candy. He is a guitarist and now a member of RevolveR. He is also now Candy's boyfriend.
Tara Miller – She is Aegis's contact in the Hyper Protection Program which is an offshoot of the Federal Witness Protection Program. She is one of the few outside Aegis who knows their actual identities and she is a Hyper as well.
Dr Madison (Maddie) Park – She is NHCH's resident expert on Hyper's. She is of Asian decent possibly Korean. She is also a Hyper as well and is basically a super-genius.
Guardian – Doorman and public face for The Freak Show. He works for Blake and used to be his bodyguard. He is able to teleport and temporarily paralyze people by touching them.

Unaligned Hypers:
Marcus (code-name Smog) – 14 year old patient in the Hyper Ward.
Eric (code-name Tazer) - 14 year old patient in the Hyper Ward.
Jeff (code-name Armor) - Patient in the Hyper Ward.

Hyper-villains:
H8 – A group of Mutants who are little more than street gangers with superpowers.
Ogre – Large obnoxious Hyper who tries to horn in on Candy at The Freak Show. Candy very artfully put him in his place. However, as he is a bully he does not seem to have very much in the way of common sense. Member of H8.
Scanner – Friend of Ogre who has the ability to detect and measure the powers and abilities of other Hypers. Seems to be a little bit brighter than Ogre. Member of H8.
Ronin – Leader of H8, he is cat 3 in speed and agility and fancy's himself a Samurai.
Imp – Member of H8, he has red skin and bat-like wings allowing him to fly.
Micro and Macro – Members of H8, they are fraternal twins, the sister is able to shrink and transfer the lost mass to her brother who then grows in size and strength. If either one goes unconscious then their power is negated.
Tendril – Member of H8, she has black energy tentacles.
Pyra – Member of H8, she is a cat 4 Pyromorph and Pyrokinetic who is capable of flight.

Non-hypers or people not known to have the Hyper Chromosome:
Lenny – Founding member of Red Prophesy, no longer a friend of Ken after his change.
Peter - Founding member of Red Prophesy, no longer a friend of Ken after his change.
George - Founding member of Red Prophesy, no longer a friend of Ken after his change.
Alex Collins – Joined band much later. He is an attention whore, Glory Hound and trouble-maker. He is the cause of Ken's change and the one who forced him out of the band.
Janet – Nurse at NHCH.
Dr Lewis Gordon – Ken's Doctor at NHCH before his change.
Sgt Tompkins – Police Officer with the New Haven Police Department. Investigating Ken's assault.
Tony – Orderly at NHCH.
Mrs Graham – Mother of Ken who renounces and abandons him after his change.
Dr Howe – Doctor assigned to the Hyper Ward.
Dr Winters – Doctor assigned to the Hyper Ward.
Judy – Saleswoman at a Victoria's Secret when Candy and Leslie are given time to go do some clothing shopping.
Becky – Webcast Hostess affiliated with the New Haven music scene.

A Star is Born:

Locations:
Taylor Manitoba
St Michael's Orphanage – Catholic Orphanage in Taylor Manitoba
Red River Research Institute – Location of unethical and highly illegal research into the Hyper Chromosome.
Winnipeg Manitoba

Non-hypers or people not known to be unactivated Hypers:
Sister Maria – St Michael's Orphanage
Mother Jane – Mother Superior of St Michael's Orphanage
Dr Hayes – Unethical research Scientist studying the Hyper Chromosomes. His plans are foiled by Glen and Suki.
Natalia (Talia) and Gwen – Teen girls that Suki meets while shopping in a mall in Winnipeg. They help her to purchase about a weeks worth of clothing and other necessary items.

Hypers:
Hero's:

Glen Phillips – 15 year old orphan with unactivated h-chromosomes.
Sakura (Suki) Yoshida - 15 year old orphan with unactivated h-chromosomes.
Due to an unethical Scientist these two were taken from St Mike's along with 3 other orphans for unethical and illegal research into the h-chromosome. Glen and Suki are close friends and as part of the experiment they were told to assume the form of the other and if they failed, the other would be killed. The two of them were told to physically transform themselves to look like the other after being given a shot of adrenaline. This they did but not in the way that the scientist's wanted. Instead, they permanently assumed idealized forms of each other and gained abilities not anticipated by the scientist's. Now Glen is Suki and Suki is Glen. While escaping from the facility they come across a rogue group of Hyper's. The leader of this group gives them names Astraea for Glen/Suki and Hephaestus for Suki/Glen. However the two of them refuse to join with them. After they take the time to figure out what they can do, Suki/Glen goes with the code-name of Chassis and Glen/Suki goes with Stellar.

Villains:
The Titans – A group of rogue Hypers with a stated goal of ruling the world.
Gaia – Leader of the Hyper-terrorist group, The Titans. She has the ability to activate the h-chromosomes of people with this mutation.
Hermes – Member of The Titans. Appears to be the group's rapid transport person possibly via a form of teleportation.
Artemis – Member of the Titans. She is a very good archer and her arrows appear to be electrically charged. She owns a small farm south of Winnipeg.
Ares – Member of the Titans. Very fast regeneration of health. So fast that possibly the only way to kill him is to destroy his head. Also quite effective in melee combat.
Stephanie – 17 year old orphan who was taken with Glen and Suki. After the breakout she joins the rogue group and is activated by their leader who gives her the name of Nyx.

Unactivated Hypers:
Jason – 6 or 7 year old orphan also from St Mike's. He ends up in the in the hands of The Titans.
Karen - 6 or 7 year old orphan also from St Mike's. She ends up in the in the hands of The Titans.

Cat Stop Loving You and Once Kitten, Twice Shy:

Locations:
Vancouver B.C.
Metropolis Mall – Burnaby, Vancouver B.C.
Belle Boutique – A store in the Mall catering primarily to Teen fashions
Larry's Auto – James worked there under the table part-time.
Holiday Inn – Hotel where Emma stayed the night after she activated.

Hypers:
Hero's:

The Sentries – Canada's premier superhero team based out of Vancouver B.C.
Laura Lewis/Makeshift – Kat's mother, she is a metamorph and the leader of the Sentries
Clarice/Wildthing – She is a member of The Sentries. She has the appearance of a Cat-woman.
Tina/Rune – Member of The Sentries. Her abilities are primarily deal in magical abilities. She is also the team Doctor with both mundane and magical healing.
Peter/Edge – He is a member of The Sentries. He is strong, fast, agile with very good martial arts abilities both with weapons and unarmed.
Tom/Sonic – He is a member of The Sentries. His ability is super-speed.
Kevin/Katrina Lewis (Copycat) – Formerly an Afro-Canadian male teen. Now an activated female Hyper who looks like another Hyper (Wildthing). She has the ability to copy the abilities of other Hypers as well as detect (track) them and determine how powerful they are.
James/Emma Grant (Wisp) – Afro-Canadian male teen who is the best friend of Kevin/Kat. Activated during a fire in school and essentially became something his mother totally detests, an Amer-Asian female Hyper. Essentially became a Ninja with magically created weapons who has the ability to teleport.

Villains:
The Foul Four – Super-villain team consisting of Professor Panic, Alloy, Amazon and Terror.
Professor Panic – Probable leader of The Foul Four.
Terror – She feeds on fear and summons nightmarish creatures.
Alloy – His ability allows himself to essentially become a metallic form which he then fights in.
Amazon – Not much is explained about her abilities other than she fights with a sword and seems to be powerful enough to fight Edge.
Lodestone – Level 3 Hyper Villain who is stopped from robbing from a Jewelry Store by Kat and Wisp.

Unaligned Hypers (people just living normal, mundane lives):
Marcus Lewis – Kat's father who is described as being a living null zone for Dark Magic.
Tara Lewis – Kat's younger sister, Unactivated Hyper
Dr Cerice Pepper – She is an Empath who uses this ability to good effect in her practice as a Psychologist. Her office is in a seven story building on Robson St. She is a friend of the Lewis family as well as the members of The Sentries.
Leia – Cerice's Receptionist, she appears to have an unknown level (probably low) of Telekinesis.

Non-hypers or unknowns:
Larry – Owner of Larry's Auto
Mr Lawson – Substitute Teacher at James and Kat's High School.
Nick Wallace – James' lab partner. Nick is confined to a wheel chair.
Mrs Grant – Mother of James who is very bigoted to Asians, Whites and Hypers (may or may not have the H chromosome).
Dr Grant – Father of James and a Dentist. James believes that his father is bigoted as well (may or may not have the H chromosome)..
Jennifer – Burger King employee in the Food Court of the Metropolis Mall. She attempts to help Emma after she teleported there after she ran from her mother at home.
Penny – Holiday Inn Manager who helps Emma by getting her a room for the night after she left Jennifer at the Mall.
Amanda – Daughter of Penny
Anna Kwan – Reporter for CTV Vancouver

up
73 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A huge thanks to Payter

Amethyst's picture

for taking the time to put his all together and doing such a great job of it. Thanks also to all my readers who have been enjoying the Hyperverse so far and wanting more.

*hugs*

Amethyst

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

Thank you

I really like the hyperverse as far as superhero universes go. This is super useful for getting a handle on it.

(•_•)

Internet High Fives All Around
Stardraigh

( •_•)>⌐■-■

My Deviantart

(⌐■_■)

Handy

A very useful tool for the readers. My only complaint (and that sounds too strong but all I can think of ATM) would be the lack of spacing in the various groupings. Just a visual thing, for those of us with decreasing eye sight.


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.

Well, I have learned one of my super powers

I have been granted the power of a BCTS Editor by Erin. I must endevour to remember that great power must always be tempered with great responsibility so that I don't abuse my powers.

Now that is a useful power

Amethyst's picture

Use it well Payter, you deserve it :)

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

I am presently working on the

I am presently working on the rough draft for the Method's of the Uninitiated entries for this Gazetteer. Once I have checked, and double-checked all the information I will be adding them to this Gazetteer.

sweet

Message me if you need anything.

(•_•)

Internet High Fives All Around
Stardraigh

( •_•)>⌐■-■

My Deviantart

(⌐■_■)

I was wondering ...

... will My Super-powered Diary be added here? It looks like the Gazette had been created a while ago, so I'm guessing maybe no, but thought I'd try asking anyway. :)

I'm not sure Heather

Amethyst's picture

Brianna was the one handling the Gazetteer and collating all of the names and places and such. I haven't heard from her in ages and I haven't seen her posting in like 4 years so I might have to see if anyone is interested in updating it and keeping up with any new content since I don't really have the time myself and it's a handy resource.

There's a lot to be added from MSPD, later chapters of Syryn's Song, Glitch!2, Going Green, Shocking Developments, Nullified, as well as Dot's story: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Dot and Tels' story: Mixed, Shaken, and Stirring.

*big hugs*

Amethyst

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3