Jihad 10.08

Printer-friendly version

Jihad
10.8 Tunis
by Red MacDonald
Copyright© 2013 Red MacDonald
All Rights Reserved.

The Faithful, North African and Middle Eastern Islamic nations, are plotting to seize the oil resources of the Middle East. By controlling the earth's oil and its major trade routes, they plan to bring the world to its knees. Then, when the entire world is kneeling, the Faithful of Allah will read to them from the Koran, preaching the message of Islam, the True Faith. The Faithful will stop at nothing to achieve their goal. But how far will they go? And how many lives will it cost?

Mediterranean-5x50.jpg


I apologize to all my readers, but I have been having a hard time logging into the site and maintaining the connection long enough to upload the next chapter. I will try to complete this story during the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

10 Finale

10.8 Tunis

* * * * *

10.8.1 Council of the Faithful

Abdul Khalil Kamsanni, Hammad Hassan, and Gamel Hassan sat amidst the Council of The Faithful, listening in horror to the death toll. In a country of only twenty-five million, the deaths of over three million was a staggering number. Bizerte had been destroyed. The bomb that had destroyed Sfax had also caused a tidal wave in the Gulf of Gaba. The city of Gaba had been washed away, adding to the death count. They were appalled! Imam Gamel Hassan thought about the meeting he had attended just a few days earlier. The Council had been convinced by Ayatollah Hammedyanni that the Persians were in control of the situation. As he had feared, they had not taken the measure of the Americans. The only hope for Tunisia was complete and unconditional surrender.

A noise interrupted his meditations. No, it was more than a noise. It had echoed sharply in the ancient halls and corridors. There! Another noise - a loud one. It was sharp and clear, almost like a gun shot. What was going on?

He stood and started towards the great door, but it flew open in his face. Two men armed with submachine guns rushed in waving them at the Council. He was about to rebuke them when two more heavily armed men, dressed in the uniforms of the Secret Police, entered followed by Minister Ahab Dingjatha, and a man, somehow familiar, dressed in the uniform of an admiral.

Before anyone could speak, Dingjatha announced, "You are all under arrest for treason. You have led us into an unjust and unholy war. You have destroyed our armed forces leaving us defenseless against our enemies. You have brought a great cataclysm down upon us, and by your actions murdered millions of our citizens.

"You have been found guilty of treason by the Premier. He has sentenced you to death. Guards, take them out and shoot them!"

Imam Abdul Kamsanni arose in anger. "How dare you speak to the Council of The Faithful, you foreign worm. It was you who brought this down upon us!"

"No, grandfather, it was you!" the admiral shouted.

Gamel recognized the admiral's voice. It was young Tavid! He began to speak to his friend's son.

Before he could, Tavid pointed at his grandfather, shouting, "You wanted war and have wanted it since before I was born. You wanted revenge, regardless of the cost. You wanted to rule, and you used Allah's name and false piety to get it.

"When I told you and father the truth, neither of you would believe me. You were blinded by your own hate. Now, you are overthrown!

"Premier Dingjatha will lead our country out of the past and into the future. Never again will we listen to The Faithful. You and your god are finished in Tunisia. Even the mention of Allah, will be a crime against all humanity, punishable by death!"

The Imams were dragged from the council chambers, protesting loudly while calling out for Allah to save them. Only one went willingly. He, the youngest of The Faithful, walked with head bowed, murmuring, "Allah forgive me for what I have done." Ten minutes later, bursts of machine gun bullets ended the short and unsuccessful reign of the Council of The Faithful.

Ahab Dingjatha returned to his office, one of the few in Tunisia with a VisiPhone. His finger touched a button and seconds later his VisiPhone screen came alive.

"White House. How may I direct your call?"

"This is Premier Ahab Dingjatha of Tunisia. The Council of The Faithful has been overthrown. I have taken personal control of the government. The Government of Tunisia is prepared to surrender completely and without conditions. I must speak to your President."

The woman at the other end of the line accepted the message as though world leaders called her all the time. In fact, they did. Dingjatha had called on the special line directly to the President's office.

She smiled, "One moment please, Premier Dingjatha. The President is in a meeting, but I am sure that he will want to answer your call personally. May I put you on hold?"

up
51 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The usual

system for a change of government in the Middle East. The nine mike-mike retirement plan to the back of the head. I fear that will not be changing any time soon. Peace and stability in the Middle East is for now only a dream.
Thank you for this story.
hugs
Grover

No need to apologize for delays.

I think we've all had trouble accessing things here lately. Erin and her very good crew at least have it up and running now, which has taken a lot of work and are still working on things, I believe.

On to the story here. Things have really fallen apart for the Faithful recently but what did they think would happen after using nukes on the US? That the country would simply cave in to their demands? They indeed awakened the giant, got it to flex its muscles and hit back. As Grover said, it's sad that the nine mike mike solution is still used in those countries during a coup, but is a fact of life there.

Maggie

Many thanks ...

to you all. I really appreciate the time you took to comment.

Yes, it's beginning to wind down. About time, don't you think? Some 50 to 100 million are dead, fifteen or so cities destroyed, armies annihilated, millions more homeless. The repercussions will continue to roll on and on.

So far, the only one who seems to have come out ahead is Ahab Dingjatha.

Red MacDonald