Siren Part 6

Printer-friendly version

Martin Fleming meets a watery end, but from beneath the surface something new will arise.
sirens_cove.jpg
I do not own any characters or places created within the marvel universe. This is merely a fictional story using some of the ideas created by marvel. Please enjoy it and don’t take things too seriously. Also this story is in no particular timeline of the X-men Universe.

Siren Part 6
By: Bowrider

I couldn't feel a thing, but I knew that I couldn't be dead. Encased in ice you would think that would be the case but after calming down and overcoming the reality of sensory deprivation I realized that if I was still thinking, then I couldn't be dead. I began to think about what had brought me to this point and realized that I definitely had overreacted back in the office and that if I ever got this ice to melt enough that I should probably take the professor up on his offer to stay here. That isn't to say that I wasn’t justified in being upset with the professor, but both he and Bobby would keep until I had a chance to get out of this ice cube. With me being the ice cube though I realized that I may be in for quite a long wait. I probably looked like a statue right now so how would someone even know I was still alive?

With no way of telling time I could only keep track of time based upon my periods of sleep and after three sleeps I experienced the first change in what felt like an eternity of isolation. With what started as a speck I began to see a small light above me. Assuming this must be the sun I felt hope rising in me that I would be able to get free soon from the sun melting me down.

The next change to occur was one that built slowly over the course of the day (based on what I saw from the suns movement). I began to hear music surrounding me similar to that of what I heard at Lake Redgrave. The rising and falling of the notes urged me on and I began to move slowly through what I discovered to be the pond beside Xavier's School upon reaching the shore. Exhausted and still mostly frozen I fell asleep once more, this time knowing that when I awoke I would be back to my normal self; whatever that was now.


I woke to the sound of music emanating from the pond just a few meters away from me. Though stiff still from what remained of the melted ice in my body I dove into the pond and began to sing along with the music surrounding me. The water I was surrounded by was quite small compared to the lake and this made me think about what I was actually hearing. From what I remembered I had not heard this music back in my aunts’ gym pool so it must be something about natural sources of water that caused the music. As for the strange urgings I got when I was in the water it was almost as though I was getting advice from an old friend who was trying to look out for me. Whatever the music was I knew it had to either be something to do with my mutation or I was going mad.

After singing with the water for a few more minutes I began to get the feeling that I should surface. Upon breaking the surface I discovered that I was not alone and that there was two boys and a girl near a maple tree on the other side of the pond and they appeared to be arguing with one another.

The one boy appeared to be about sixteen years old while the girl was maybe eighteen. The second boy I was unsure I should even call a boy since he had blue skin covering his entire body and a pointed tail coming out of his pants, as for his age I didn't have a clue. As I moved closer to the edge of the pond I was able to hear more about what they were saying.

"Just what are you trying to prove Isaac? You still aren't in control of your abilities and you think you can go out and play hero? Professor X didn't take you in so that you could go out and get someone killed when you lose control, you haven't even been here long enough to make any friends, just what are you trying to prove to everyone?" Said the girl.

"I want to prove that I don't need to be babysat while the grownups go out and save others like us, even if I am new with my powers. Admit it Kitty, even newly emerged I still have more strength than you or Kurt, and yet no one seems to care about that. Why aren't the other students and I being utilized more? It's not like it's a big secret when a giant plane comes out of the basketball court. "

“You need to grow up Isaac, half trained as you are you are more danger to your teammates than a possible opponent. A perfect example is the girl that came in last week. She didn't have control of her abilities and ended up frozen as a result. Bobby hasn't come out of his room since that happened, do you want to end up like that? Do you really want to hurt yourself and leave your friends in pain?" Said the blue man who was apparently named Kurt.

Deciding to make my entrance I maintained my water form as I stepped out of the pond to greet the three mutants in front of me.

"So Bobby has locked himself away huh? Well this may sound cold but I must admit that I don't pity him that much. Now perhaps you three can inform me as to why I was attacked when I tried to leave here and why no one thought that water could melt and I might still be alive." I announced while approaching the threesome.

To Be Continued...

up
130 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sound cold?

Did she just pun? :)
hugs
Grover

Giggle

D. Eden's picture

I didn't even catch that until I read your comment. Would that make her cold hearted?

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Water and Ice

Should it have been 'Ice could melt'

Was looking forward to a longer piece; just got interested and it stopped: Still looking forward to the next slice

So I guess.....

A whole week has passed since Kara was frozen by Bobby, the question is how did she wind up in the pond? I can't imagine them just dropping her in the pond in popsicle form. I'll bet she surprises the hell out of the kids when she suddenly appears next to them in water form! Bowrider dear, still enjoying this story sweetie! Keep'em comin' hon. Loving Hugs Talia

Great fun

I love the story