Siren Part 7

Printer-friendly version

Martin Fleming meets a watery end, but from beneath the surface something new will arise.
sirens_cove.jpg
I do not own any characters or places created within the marvel universe. This is merely a fictional story using some of the ideas created by marvel. Please enjoy it and don’t take things too seriously. Also this story is in no particular timeline of the X-men Universe.

Siren Part 7
By: Bowrider

The three mutants looked between each other trying to understand what they were seeing. After a moment of staring at me the blue boy called Kurt stepped forward.

"What are you doing here? You should be dead. Everyone in the school saw you frozen solid; no one could have survived that, even if you are made of water."

"Well apparently I can, so considering I made it out of that ice prison how about you stop arguing amongst yourselves and take me to Bobby's room. I may not be very happy with him or the professor at the moment, but considering my options it's probably for the best for me to stay here for the foreseeable future and to do that I should probably try to keep the peace as much as possible don't you think?"

Once again they began looking back and forth between themselves as if they still couldn't believe that I was even in front of them.

Slowly while the two older mutants were still shocked Isaac approached me and said, "I'll take you up to the house so if you'll just follow me."

Without looking behind me, Isaac and I made our way up to the school to pull Bobby out of his apparent depression. The slow walk gave me time to think about what I would even say to Bobby once I got him to open the door. I didn't even know for sure that he even froze me intentionally, because if I didn't have control over the water jet that propelled me during my escape maybe the interaction between my water and his ice was an unknown reaction as well.

While thinking about this Isaac had turned slightly and was watching me as we climbed the hill.

"So what's your story? How long have you been a mutant?" Isaac said.

"Me? I've been accused of my own murder, escaped the police, fled from a mind reading mutant and come back from being frozen alive. As for how long I've been like this, well if I was frozen for about a week then I've been a mutant for about a week and a half." I realized about half way through my little speech that I was being really rude to him for no good reason so I continued on saying, "Look I'm sorry, but my life has taken a real nosedive recently I hope you don't mind me venting a little bit, I know that I just met you and all."

After walking in silence for a little while I spoke up once again, "So I heard some of your conversation while I was in the pond, are you really more powerful than the other two of them down there?"

"In terms of sheer power definitely, but I would have a rough time hitting either one of them if it came down to a fight. You see Kurt can teleport and Kitty can literally walk through walls so even if you wanted to hit them it would be tough to land a solid blow. I'm only new to this myself so I'm still finding my limits, but my abilities seem to be centred around creating and manipulating fire."

"Strange that of the few mutants I know of nearly half of them have some type of elemental ability: water, ice, light and fire now."

Isaac stiffened for a moment and then opened the door into the back of the school.

"You'll find Bobby's room on the second floor; it's the fourth door on the left. Hopefully we can talk more later, and good luck with him, everyone is pretty worried about him."

Walking up the stairs and approaching Bobby's room I prepared myself as I knocked on the door.

To Be Continued...

up
146 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Bobby

Well, I guess Bobby can't be blamed for what happened. But the Professor on the other hand, should be jerked up short for his high-handedness and patronizing actions. (BTW, where's Mary Ann?) This is why I never liked the X-Men, the whole 'I know what you want and need better than you do' arrogance. Only god knows everything and he isn't god; even if there are gods in this universe they are fallible gods.

All the problems that occurred can be laid at the prof's feet. If Bobby has been traumatized by this incident it's the prof's fault. If Kara has trauma from this it's also the prof's fault. Its like trying to catch a wild deer: you may be working from the best of intentions but the deer doesn't know or understand that. So don't be surprised and don't blame the deer if you end up with hoof prints all over your ass.


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.

awesome!

Started laughing halfway through the deer kicking part ;)

As for Mary Ann, sorry I'm working from a limited knowledge base here, I'll do some research though and see where another character can fit in (based on their background and where I am in the story) so who knows, you could see her soon. That is unless you meant Anna Marie as in Rogue?

Sorry, bowrider

That was a wink and a nudge salute to one of the great classics of American television - Gilligan's Island! Specifically, the additional castaways and the theme song. The original theme song had this: ". . . the movie star, and all the rest, here on Gilligan's Isle!" But the unnamed additional castaways proved popular with the viewers, resulting in this change in the theme song: ". . . the movie star, the Professor and Mary Ann, here on Gilligan's Isle!"

So for those of us of a certain age, there is an unbreakable tie between "the professor" and "Mary Ann". I figured some people wouldn't get it, not having the background, but there was no way I could pass it up.

Glad you enjoyed the deer reference. That was the best comparison I could come up with where the intentions are good (determine herd health, tagging with a tracking collar, vaccinations, etc) but the animal (I keep picturing a doe for some reason) can't understand the intentions and would run right over your ass to get away. That brought up a mental image of a deer doing a tap dance on somebody's ass while getting away. Part of my misspent youth watching Looney Tunes!


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.