The Parchment Chapter 19-20 The Finale

Printer-friendly version
Heart of12379719-crop.pngthe Beholden.

One. I’m Chinese. Yes I’m one of those
adopted out of China babies.

Two. I’m a girl. Well I’m a girl on the inside.

Where nobody knows...

The Parchment

Chapter 19-20

By Bailey Summers
Copyright© 2014 Bailey Summers
All Rights Reserved.

 


Image Credits: Title Picture purchased and licensed for publishing from

123rf.com. The model in this image in no way supports nor conveys the issues and situations brought up within the story. The models use within this work is solely for the representation of looks of the main character of this particular story. ~Sephrena


 
 
*Before…

“I’m pretty, I’m young, I’m fucking real you little tranny slut you don’t thin k they’ll believe me? Believe us? You cause shit like this and Alex’s dad’ll have a relapse.”
(Sniffle-cough-small-voice…) “Relapse…?”

“He had a heart attack…you don’t think you’ll make it worse? I’ll make sure you do.”

………………………… “It’s not okay! Goddamn it! It’s not okay!”

“Take me to the airport.”
“Jade no…”
“TAKE ME TO THE AIRPORT!!!” I’m screaming, I don’t mean to be screaming but I am until she’s holding me tight.
“Okay, okay…We’ll go.”
I’m still shaking and crying as she leads me to the rental car parked nearby and my things are inside. She gets me inside and carefully closes the door and we start driving away from the hospital, away from Alex and my hopes.

*And Now….

I’m quiet and she’s quiet as we drive and we leave Portland.

(Sniffle.) “Where are we going?”

“Back to Boston, it’s cheaper to fly out of there…”

“Oh…”

“Yeah…”

It’s really shitty and awkward as we drive in silence until we get to a gas station with one of those mini-mart things and she stops.

“We need to look after stuff Jade.”

(Sniffle…cough…) “Like what.”

“You’re a effing mess.”

(Sniffle…cough…) “Yeah…I lost my shoes.”

“I got em here they were in the bathroom.”

“Oh…” (Cough.)

She takes me inside and gets a few things and we’re getting looks, well I’m getting looks and she then takes me to the bathroom and guides me to sit on the counter and the sink and she starts wiping at my face. I think I flinched a little. I know I flinched….and maybe shook a little too.

Natasha goes really carefully with my hands… they’re a mess too and my feet…Those have scratches right through my socks and some small cuts and I’m doing sobby little intakes of breath through her cleaning me up.

She’s done all of this and tending to my hurts and washing my feet.

(Sniffle.) “Are you like a Christian or something?”

“Yeah…?” She blinks and looks at what she’s doing then laughs. “Okay I get it…”

Nat puts some cream on them some of that first aid stuff and gives me fresh socks, two pair. I put them on and then she gives me my sneakers but the laces undone and helps me off the counter and she helps me out to the rental car.

“I’m going to get some other things…here.” She hands me my phone.

(Snuffle.) “Thanks.”

“Call him.”

“I…you mean call Alex?”

“Yes I mean call Alex.”

“W..why? I told you I gotta leave.”

“Because I’m a Christian.”

“Huh?”

“It sometimes means facing things we would rather run from.”

“Nat…”

She…she actually walks away and back into the store.

Dammit, damned stubborn dwarves! (Sniffle.)

“Who does she think she is Jiminy effing Cricket?”

I sit there and sit there and stare at the phone and my guts hurt with all the nerves and I take a few deep very hard breaths and I start dialing his number.

It rings three times before it picks up.

“Hey Jade!”

Oh shit caller I.D…..and his voice, it’s so good to hear his voice I start sobbing.

“Jade, Jade what’s wrong!?”

“I…I’m sorry about your dad?” (Sobby-whine.)

“Uhm…thanks but he’s fine, minor concussion. Knocked himself silly.”

(Sob-snottle-choke.)…… (Cough, cough.) “What….?”

“He was driving home and he hit a deer, it wrecked the car pretty good but he just got knocked out and had a minor concussion.”

“But…but…Donna said….”

“What? What’d Donna say? Where?”

I hear her in the background…I hear “Is that the little bitch-fag.”

I hear. “What did you call her?”

I hear. “You heard me, you’re a queer, he’s a little chink-lady-boi fag Alex, hang up on him.”

I hear. “What…WHAT DID YOU DO!?”

It makes me squeak and jump in my seat because I’ve never heard that before…Alex mad and not just mad but shouting, voice like thunder mad…

I hear. “It showed up and I protected your ass, you want people to know that you’re gay? You want it all over school? You want your family to know you’re a fag?”

I hear. “I don’t care, I think Jade’s awesome and SHE’s never been anything but HONEST with me, SHE’s always told me who SHE really IS and she’s…she’s better than you are, she came here because she gave a shit and didn’t show up because she was trying to salvage her shitty reputation.”

I hear. “SHE!? SHE? She’s a he! An Imposter and a poser and just what do you think your parents are going to say when they find out about that lovely effing creature!?”

I hear…I hear someone who’s not Alex. It’s a woman’s voice. “Well I’d say my son has developed a good tasted in friends and hopefully he’d get back on the phone and talk to the poor girl since she’s scared to death most likely.”

Oh…oh she’s so Alexander’s mother.

I hear. “Oh…Uhm…Mrs. Porter….I didn’t see you there….” Donna sounding very small.

I hear a cough another older female cough. “I’d never thought I’d see my daughter being such a bigot.”

I hear. “Mm..Mom!?”………………. “What are you doing here?”

I hear. “I came to drive the Porters home since we’re still neighbors, good neighbors and friends or I thought we were.”…………. “I’m sorry Beverly honestly we never raised her like this.”

It’s getting fainter but… “I know Mallory; I’ll let you handle it while I go get Tom ready.”

Then I hear the phone move. “Jade…?”

(Sniffle.) “……….Uh-huh?”

“You came to see me?”

(Sniffle.) “……….Yeah…”

“You still in town?”

“Yeah…”

“You wanna come over…?”

(Squeaky voice.) “Yeah….”

“Where are you?”

(Sniffle.) “The big Exxon out close to the highway to Boston.”

“You were going back?”

(Snuffle.) “Yeah…Nat said it’s cheaper.”

“It is by about four hundred bucks.”

(Snuffle.) “Oh…”

“I looked it up, Bangor’s just as expensive too.”

(Snuffle.) “Oh…okay.”

“I wanted to know so I could start saving to go to Halifax.”

(Snuffle.) “For November?”

“No, it’s like only an hour by car from there to you right?”

(Cough.) “…………..Me?”

“Yes you.”

I…you ever go from hurting and at that rock bottom place to wanting to squeal and happy dance!?

I’m just so…

Oh god the happy butterflies are back…I hug myself trying to hold onto them with one arm as I sink into the front seat.

“I…I thought…you’d be going to the Con…?”

“Oh I will be…It says here it’s until the ninth so maybe I’ll say up to see your Remembrance Day?”

“Isn’t that…Isn’t that in like mid-week?”

“I can take the time off school.”

(Sniffle.) “Really?”

“Yeah, I get really good grades Jade it won’t hurt me too much.”

“But your parents…?”

“Want to meet you, they like what they heard.”

“Eeep!….”…………..Oh goddess I eeeped. “You told them about me! Whatchoosay!?”

“Pretty much everything dad was concussed so we had to keep him awake.”

“Oh…is he okay?”

“He’s fine.”

“Does he know?”

“Yes the whole family knows pretty much.”

Oh shit, oh shit. “Oh shit.”

He laughs out loud.

Oh…I said that last one out loud.

“It’s okay Jade, not everyone’s like Her…”

“Donna…”

“Yea…She who should not be named.”

I giggle. “You make her sound like some kind of creepy demon or something.”

“Chthula-Fhtagn-Donna-Azulos….”

I can’t help it he startles this explosive burst of laughter out of me and I’m crying because he did that.

Everyone should get someone that does that.

Make you laugh out of the blue and cry because he did that.

(Snaughling.) That’s snorting-laughing-coughing. “You’d do that? You would’ve just come all the way just to see me?”

He sends to my phone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69AvNm8zubo

*I’m gonna be.* By The Proclaimers.

Oh my gush….

“Yeah, yeah I would Jade, it’s only a dozen or so computer fixes. Less if there’s a seat sale.”

“That’s awesome.”

“What is?”

“That’d you come, the video…Both.”

“Well your video’s kind of awesome too.”

“My what?”

“You’re video…Jet Plane…it’s on YouTube, Nat shared it to my Facebook.”

“What!!!” (Squeakle) That’s a squeak and squeal mixed.

He sends me the link.

It’s me…and me singing…and my little speech.

(Cough…) “Alex…I…”

“Just a sec…”

“No…I gotta tell you now…”

“Just a sec…”

“Dammit Alexander!”

There’s a knock on the car window and I jump! Squeak!

It’s him.

He opens the car door and he actually kneels in front on my on one knee and looks at me. He turns off his phone. “Okay…I’m here now.”

“I…” Oh wow…oh…I feel my face going red, I feel my nerves getting going and I feel just…

He’s there on one knee and…and he came here for me.

After me.

Like in some kind of story.

And that face, those eyes….that sweet boy smile.

“I…I like you.” I blurt out.

“I know.”

“No, I mean I really like you, like…like you like you.”

He moves and gets right close and he takes my cheek in his and…and…stares at me… “Leia…I know.”

“Ohmigawd you’re such a…”

He kisses me.

……….…….….………....................

My brain…my brain is Artoo-D2 and a Jawa just blasted it.

Shakes…trembles…electricity…sparks going off.

I start to sob as soon as he breaks the kiss.

He pulls me out of my seat into his arms and he’s sitting on the pavement holding him as I sob.

Why?

Why Me?

I’m…

This is real life…things like this don’t happen to people like me!

Do they?

Is this real?”

It’s awhile me crying out the hurt, me crying in the safety.

Gawd…safety…I never felt this before in my life.

Scared of myself, scared of transition, scared of coming out…hurting people, being hurt, being beaten up…of always going to be alone.

(Sniffle-sob.) “Alex…wh…why me?”

“I’ve been asking that too Jade, why me of all guys to have a girl like you come along and save me from a broken heart?”

“I…I didn’t.”

He nuzzles my face. There’s another really light kiss. “Yeah, yeah you did.”

I’ve never…never been kisses and it’s dysphoric in a good way.

Yeah…I said it in a good way.

I can literally feel the real me…breasts, post-op, the whole nine yards that only exists in my heart and brain responding to this kiss.

We just kind of are like that for a few minutes looking at each other.

Actually looking, I’ve never done that this close to someone and it’s amazing just how much you start to see that you sort of love about them.

He blinks. “Mom…mom wants you to come over to the house.”

“Shit…really?”

He laughs. “Yes, really she doesn’t bite.”

“Uhm…okay…I’m a mess though.”

“She literally won’t care.”

“Huh? Really?”

“Mom’s a Mainer girl through and through.”

“Oh…I have no idea what that means.”

“She can clean fish with her teeth.”

I burst out laughing again. “Alex! No…that’s your mom!”

He laughs and we start getting up as Natasha is coming over. “Better?”

I hug her hard. “Much better you.”

“Me what?”

“Christian dwarf.”

We both laugh and she hugs me back. “Sometimes people just need the hand up.”

Alex… “And sometimes you just grab a whip and start flipping tables?”

She actually beams at him. “People forget how radical he really was.”

I blush… “I’m such a heathen.”

Alex… “Me too actually.”

Nat just grins. “Well honestly if I’m going by Him, I’m in good company still you guys.”

Alex… “Thank you…and Mom’s inviting you too.”

She nods. “Lead the way.”

We look at each other and she does the semi-shoo hand gesture and I go with Alex who’s laughing because Natasha’s singing *What if God was one of us* and okay…I actually get the humor there.

It’s kinda cool because home you’re either kind of non-committal no matter the denomination or you’re kind of a bible thumping scary person. I’ve never met a person like Nat who’s actually like what I thought being a Christian was supposed to be like and yet into Cosplay and gaming and stuff.

Alex drives and we sort of head out of town and I’m lost but we went north and out into these sort of sub-burbs but not…there’s lots of trees and it’s really a nice area and some nice houses that back to the water.

I mean I can see past the houses to see water and while not the ocean-ocean it’s like an inlet river thing. It’s salt water because I can smell it.

Then we get to his place….

Oh…

Holy shit they have money kind of place.

Okay not like John Bragg or J.D. Irving money but money… The house is big like two and a half stories with that Victorian thing with the lintels on the roof and the window turrets and all of that including the round-about driveway that has a place to park and this other space in front of the garage that attaches to the side of the house with a kind of a car-port thingy…Well it’s a walk way with a peaked roof but I can’t see in that much because it’s latticed off and there’s climbing broad beans? And there’s nasturtium flowers everywhere too. I…my heart does this stop…Flowers…window boxes, birches and maples all around the place and the center thing in the middle of the driveways round about is all stacked stone with a huge blue spruce and those little floppy cedar bushes.

“Wow…Alex it’s beautiful…?”

“Actually it kind of is really nice.” He waits until I get my carry-on bag and stuff and walks me and Nat to the door.

Alex… “We’re home.”

I hear his mother. “Show the girls around but take them to the spare bedrooms first.”

Nat looks at me. “Spare bedrooms?”

Alex grins. “I’m in the basement since last year so now we have two.”

“Oh…”

I’d say the house was amazing but…okay it is but there’s little stuff that makes it less scary… Fish tank with fish, there’s a few cats…I see three and the house looks like and smells like a we’ve got company cleaning jag but it looks lived in. Not messy by any means but not one of those big fancy immaculate houses.

We get too the spare bedrooms and they’re nice and they do have fancy beds and a nice dresser set and best of all a window seat for the turret. I live in a nice house but it’s a pre-fab. Window seats are yay booky-sigh-things.

“Uhm blankets are here, and towels and stuff here and there’s a shared bathroom here.”

Alex says showing us and the bathroom is nice like a big set of converted closets with the claw-foot tub and the brass or copper pipes and the shower curtain and the biggest metal shower head I’ve ever seen.

“Wow…uhm…we’re staying?”

Almost to answer me I hear. “Jade! Natasha! Call home both of you please? Tom and I want to talk to your parents! Alex give them the number for the house phone!”

He does a little blush and semi-face palm. “Sorry, she’s likely got her hands full…and she tends to yell.”

I smile. “My mom does the same thing.”

Nat… “Mine too, in fact she’s louder.”

“It’s those mines.” I quip.

She smacks my shoulder some. I’m grinning and feeling better though a lot better and I hug her and lean on her.

Alex smiles. “I’ll leave you two to it?”

I step over to him from Nat and I kiss him on the cheek. “Thank you, thank you for coming for me.”

“Ditto Jade, that was above and beyond.”

And I’m blushing again.

He leaves and I head over to the bed and Nat heads through the bathroom to her room and I hear her already talking to her mother.

I take a breath and I dial my own folks and it gets picked up on the first ring.

“Fr…Jade?” It’s mom and she corrected herself pretty quick…that was cool.

“Hey Mum.”

“Mum?”

I shrug even if she can’t see me. “You’re more a Mum to me when I’m me? I’m trying it on for size…is that okay?”

(Mom-sniffle.) “Okay…okay that’s kinda cool.”

“Well I’m your daughter I’m kinda bound to be cool.”

She laughs some. “Are you okay? Did you get there?”

“I’m okay now and we’re at Alex’s house.”

“What do you mean okay now?”

“I had a run in with Donna at the hospital.”

“What was she doing there?”

“Mum, she’s his neighbor and stuff so likely that but maybe to try and get back in with Alex and try to stop some of the damage that she had done to her prep-rep at the same time.”

“Oh…are you okay though?”

“Yes…but her and some friends ganged up on me in the washroom and we had a fight.”

“What?”

“Well okay they had a fight and I got my butt kicked.”

“Are you serious, did you call the police, security!?”

“Mum…chill no I didn’t.”

“Why?”

“Because I’m a pre-op transgender girl mum in the girl’s washroom with no carry letter and no I.D. that says that I’m a girl on it and it’d be my word against four of them.”

“Four!?”

“I’m okay…I’m okay now.” I say this as I’m getting the shakes just kind of remembering it all.

“What happened after that…?”

“I ran away, she said she’d call security on me and then she’d use my Trans status to cause trouble with Alex and even with his dad who she said was in bad shape after having a heart attack.”

“Ohmigod is he okay? Are you okay?”

“He’s fine, she lied he pulled a venison special and got a concussion.”

A venison special is local talk from home when you hit or nearly hit a deer and have an accident.

“But are you okay?”

“My feet hurt…I lost my sneakers in the fight and I ran out of there with just my sock feet.”

“Jade…..”

“Four on one mum and to be honest after the mind-fuck she gave me I wasn’t in the right frame of mind for anything.”

“Lang…never mind, what happened after that?”

“Natasha found me and she got me and my head together and fixed me up…then she pretty much got me to call Alex and more stuff sorta happened….”

“What stuff sorta happened?”

“Alex and Donna got into a fight and she heard him talking to me and lost it and during the fight Alex’s mom showed up I think along with Donna’s mom…I think she’s imperially screwed.”

“Royally honey.”

“No…her mother sounded pissed enough to force choke her.”

“I don’t know what a force choke is Jade.”

I can hear dad chuckling in the background.

I mean he’s not a real heavy geek like me but he does know his Star Wars and especially his Star Trek.

I can almost see mum giving him that look.

“Uhm…mum?”

“Yes honey?”

“Alex’s mom wanted me to give you the number for the house here and she’d like to talk with you and stuff.”

“Okay, that’s a really good idea give me the number.”

I give her the number here and thankfully Alex included the area code because I’d no clue to what it’d be.

“Mum?”

“Yes honey?”

“I’m going to get cleaned up okay?”

“That sounds like a good idea; I’ll call you after I talk with Alex’s mother.”

“Okay…Love You.”

“We love you too Jade.”

I hang up and I get up winching and sort of hobble around taking out some of my things and I have clean under wear and bras and Nat had got my inserts back too and I have my Hello-kitty sweats and my Cowboy bebop shirt so that’ll do…it’ll have to do because I don’t really have much else.

I hobble to the door and Nat’s talking still and I make mimey motions that I’m going to get cleaned up and stuff and she nods and I close the door and I lock it…I love Nat but I still don’t want her to see that…I don’t want to see that.

I debate a bath but I have no idea what amount of time I have so I take a shower. Oh…man it’s a really good shower lots of water pressure and hot and so much water from that big shower head or it feels like it.

My feet hurt though and the scrapes and stuff look worse from the hot water and I can tell I bruised them I think. It’s not sharp pain but a dull little throb that becomes a hotish throb when I put weight on them.

I’m on the edge of being okay and crying again.

Like I said I’ve never been beaten up before.

It sooo sucks.

I get changed slowly and I feel better after being all cleaned up and tucked away and looking right at least and smelling right since all my girl toiletries are with me including my hair dryer.

I just lie down for a few minutes to try and catch my breath or well my emotional breath after everything that happened and Zonk…out like a light.

It’s my phone that wakes me up almost lifting me up and out of the bed and for a second I’m freaked because I can’t remember where I am and I fumble to grab it and then answer.

“Uhm…hello?”

“Jade?”

“Hi mum.”

“You sound out of breath what were you doing?”

“Prep training for the Boston marathon.”

“Funny…har, har…is Alex there?”

“No…you woke me up.”

“Oh…well I’ve done that too.”

“Uhm okay…so what’s going on?”

“I talked to Mrs. Porter and I’m okay with you being there and she said that she’ll make sure you get on your flight tomorrow afternoon.”

“Really!?”

“Yes really they seem like very nice people. When Alex comes over for the thingy at Halifax they might come over too and we might make a week end of it.”

“Muuuum.”

“Don’t Mum me you lady if you two are this close and stuff already I think that we should be friends with his family. Then maybe we all can long weekend back and forth and stuff…we’ll have to see.”

“Okay…just…isn’t it weird?”

“Me calling you young lady?”

“No…no that’s awesome, I mean isn’t it weird you guys getting close to my…to Alex’s parents?”

“Hmmm…”

“Mum?”

“You might want to clear that up Jade.”

“What up?”

“If you’re boyfriend and girlfriend.”

“Mum…”

Though she’s right but still it didn’t help my mouth from suddenly going dry.

“Good night honey I’ll call you in the morning.”

“Uhm…okay goodnight mum.”

She hangs up and I look at my phone to get the time and it’s like twenty past five.

It seems so much longer really…it’s still light out.

I go and knock on Nat’s door and it swings open and I see her sleeping and I tip toe in and look at her. She’s cleaned up too and she cracks and eye and she looks at me and she shimmies over and she lifts the comforter she had over her.

I climb in. “Sorry…”

“Shssh…nap.”

“Okay…”

I climb into bed and we’re both dressed and stuff but this is the first and closest thing to a slumber party as I might ever get. It’s that really cool and amazing snuggle with your best friend thing.

We both flake out until we hear knocking.

“Uhm hello?”

Alex asks. “Are you ladies decent?”

Ladies…us…me…yay.

“Not remotely!” Nat says.

“Are you hungry?”

“Definitely!”

My stomach wakes up with a crampy feeling…I’m starved with nothing since the junk food we ate on the way up.

“Mom’s made some supper.”

We climb out of bed and do a once over and straighten things out and stuff and open the door and Alex looks cleaned up too. Jeans and bare feet and an Alan Parsons t-shirt? His hair’s damp and he just looks.

Yay…and yes I’m biased.

Two of the cats zip passed us to check out the smells and to claim our warm bed we’re leaving and another one comes down with us as Alex leads us toward the back of the house and the kitchen.

The smells are as amazing as the kitchen.

It’s the kitchen and the dining room all in one and the wall facing the inlet is all glassed in like a sunroom with all these really big windows and it’s all click-floors and what looks like white pine for all the cabinetry…all the kitchen stuff is on the wall facing the interior of the house and there’s French doors that lead from the kitchen-dining room to the other parts of the house and outside I think…one for the yard and another maybe for the way-way that goes to the garage.

It’s still really lovely and pretty awesome but still lived in. People actually eat and make meals here, it’s not a fancy show kitchen but gosh that view.

I see his mom for the first time and I had no idea what to expect and she looks…she looks kinda like my mom only blonde instead of brunette and she’s actually taller but skinnier but still that mom thing going on….actually kind of a Joni Mitchel looking kind of woman.

“Mrs. Porter you have a lovely home.” I manage to get out.

Nat nods. “This is really nice, I love the view.”

She smiles at both of us. “Thank you girls I hope you’re feeling better.”

I blush. “Yes ma’am just a little sore is all.”

“Well that’s not all but Donna’s folks are having a lot to say about that tonight.”

“………………I don’t know what to say Ma’am.”

She looks at me and she looks at Alex. “She is honest isn’t she?”

He blushes and grins nodding.

I go a deep red like I just chewed a chili pepper or something. I glance to Alex who’s still blushing.

“Pretty too…”

“I….ma’am…it’s just packaging…”

She looks at me and she comes over and she gives me a hug!? “Kiddo, you can’t package what’s on the inside like what you’ve got.”

ZOMG! (Sniffle!)

“Ma’am……..”

“Beverly.”

“I…I...couldn’t…”

She pushes me away just enough to look me in the face and she has a lot in common with Alex. “Bev…ver…lee.” She says it like I’m a little slow and Nat does this evil cackle and snerk as Alex chuckles and is setting the table.

“Uhm…Beverly…” I say it very self-consciously…where I come from we don’t call adults by their first names.

“Better…Alex where’s your father?”

“I think he was down on the beach making a bonfire.”

She lets me go and she’s headed to the door that I think leads to the outside backyard and she asks as she’s going. “Pizza okay girls?”

“Yes ma…yes Beverly.”

Nat echoes it taking her cue from me. And Beverly heads out nodding and then we hear her shouting to Tom…that supper is ready.

Though she stays outside until he comes up from the bank and they hold hands coming inside.

He…he looks like a forty something Alex with black hair and in jeans and a plaid work shirt.

“Evening sir.”

“Evening…but please call me Tom.”

I slowly nod and speed it up when Beverly is nodding too at me then she’s grinning. I blush but smile at him some….for some reason he’s not as scary as Beverly is to me.

We end up talking…just talking as they get ready and make pizza with this big block sheet of marble that Tom puts in the propane oven and gets screaming hot and then we’re helping Beverly as we make the pizzas and Tom and Alex make floats for all of us.

One is lots of ground cooked Italian sausage with this really thick sauce and cooked down peppers with the skins off and roasted garlic and lots of cheese. It’s like this sausage and peppers pizza and it smells sooo good when it’s going because they put it in without the cheese and then when the sausage is sizzling again they put the cheese on only enough to melt it.

The second one is white? I mean it’s alfredo sauce and some cooked ground beef and more sausage and a little bit of bacon but it has sautéed spinach and broccoli rabe? That was cooked with like garlic butter. I’ve never had one of these before and instead of the mozzarella they grate like a small mountain of real parmesan from this wedge.

I have a slice of each and I’m more a tomato sauce girl and stuff the white pizza was good too.

There’s nothing like a fresh pizza with thin crust and just enough sauce to almost be drippy and just enough topping to almost…almost make the slice fold down from it…almost is the key.

There is nothing like the taste of a root beer float either right after you have that perfect bite of pizza.

I really like the fact that we’re using paper plates so no one had dishes to do really and while I and Nat call Alex’s dad Tom his mom calls him Tommy.

I love that name on a guy and with the accent it’s so cool.

We eat and talk and a lot of it’s about Nova Scotia which they’ve been to on vacation but not really enough to see all the things that are popping up in my head that would be cool to show them.

Heck some of them I haven’t been to either but it’d be cool to go see them all together.

And Natasha talks about New Hampshire where she’s from and I’ve never been, I don’t know anything really about it…beside one of the coolest license plate logos that I’ve ever seen really.

We talk and we clean what little there is to clean up and then Alex and his dad get a whole bunch of stuff and Beverly leads us down over the back lawn and though a rose bus hedge and down some steps to this thin little stretch od beach.

It reminds me of home actually with the Bay of Fundy for the most part what’s not muddy sinking sand and clay is rocky. This is a rock bit of shore with a bit of sand in between the stones. There might be like twenty feet of beach before we get to water but it’s still really nice and Tom has a fire already built and stacked and he lights it up and the guys have blankets and folding camp chairs and Tom brings out marshmallows and stuff and Beverly makes hot chocolate with the packets bottled water and an old kettle the boy’s brought.

I snuggle into my blanket and I’m just in this perfect zone or was until Alex actually makes it like even better taking off my sneakers and setting my feet on his lap and gently rubbing them.

I smile and blush and then we’re talking again…and blushing because we’re talking about Alex and me and the stuff at the Con… I…Alex says thinks about me…describes me in a way that…that well before that second scroll case I would never…ever in a million years thought about myself and happy…?

Even with this all being so new, even with me being embarrassed they know…everyone here knows and they’re okay with it and I’m in a safe place.

I’ve really never had a safe place really…not before Alex.

So there’s some happy tears that leak out from time to time as we talk and stuff and I get Alex back for embarrassing me by telling his folks the stuff that he did…even what things, what some of the things he did meant to me and why they meant so much to me.

And of course Natasha is chiming in with the parts that she was there for with both Alex and me embarrassing both of us.

Then Tom makes the end of the night pretty much kinda perfect by digging out a few fireworks and we shoot off some roman candles and cherry blossoms over the water and walk back from the fire with a few sparklers going.

It’s so that end of summer break calm but good scene from so many animes.

I wouldn’t have thought that it was nearly midnight before we’re getting ready for bed and Alex walks me to the spare room that’s mine.

There’s this sort of quiet in the house and this long pause and I can feel my heart beating really fast before he leans in and he gives me this sweet soft kiss on my lips.

“Goodnight Jade.”

“Goodnight Alexander.”

He walks backwards down his hallway and I slip inside and put my hand to my lips and hug myself all the way to the bathroom and get ready for bed still leaking out happy tears from the corners of my eyes.

I’m just about ready to go to sleep when Natasha comes in and she walks over in just her bra and panties and I schooch over and she slips into bed with me and I snuggle up with my best friend…because who knows when we’ll do this again.

…………………………………………There’s a knock on the door that wakes me and Nat up and sunlight’s coming in through the windows and I work my jaw and try to lick the dryness out of my mouth.

“Mmm…hello?”

“Morning girls it’s nine.” It’s Beverly.

“Uhm…thank you…we’ll be right down.”

We get moving and Nat’s sluggish and occasionally moans. “Coffee…” which makes me smile and we get our things packed and dressed and made to look presentable as best we can and we head downstairs after we make the beds and make sure the rooms are as neat as we found them.

I can smell fresh cut grass from someone having mowed the lawn which I never heard and then there’s the smell of the salt water and coffee.

Nat actually beelines it for the perk and she looks for mugs and she helps herself.

I’m shyer but thankfully she gets me one too.

Breakfast is pretty quiet with most of getting coffee into us and Beverly feeding us wood cured bacon and homemade toast with strawberry and plum jam. I’ve had Strawberry and rhubarb which I like but not with plums and this is really good.

There’s a lot of smiles and shy smiles between Alex and me at the table and then it’s just kind of killing time until it’s time for us to go…part of me doesn’t want to return to my life home.

But I’m out…so part of me is kind of excited.

Then the doorbell rings and Alex goes to get it and he comes back looking…kind of stormy.

I know who it is…

“Mom…Mrs. Carter’s here with Donna.” He says.

She nods. “Alright, I was expecting this…Jade, Alex come with me.”

I kill the last bit of my coffee and I kinda not want to go out there but Beverly’s not a woman I don’t think that takes no for an answer.

Alex takes my hand and Nat trails behind us.

We got to the foyer and Donna’s there alright red eyed from crying and she looks between being upset and being angry.

He mother looks like an older version of her but in a ponytail and nice glasses. Kind nice looking really but I think it’s more that she’s not a pyscho.

Yeah…I went there.

Beverly looks at them. “Mallory, Donna.”

Mallory shakes hands with her and Donna nods saying. “Alex, Beverly…Jade….”

Beverly looks at her and says rather clippedly. “That’s Mrs. Porter from now on young lady.”

Oh…ow…

She winces and that looks like it hurt…but there’s still this look at me…sort of…her mother literally pushes her forward with a hand to her back. “Donna…”

Oh she looks like this is something she doesn’t want to do.

(Donna-cough.)…. “Jade…Alex…I…I’m sorry…I’m sorry that I did the things that I did…”

Her mother coughs. “Start over.” Oh…she’s right pissed off.

You know that mother tone of voice when you’ve gone waaaay past the line ant you get that I brought you into this world I’ll take you out of it tone…Donna just got that tone.

Donna takes a deep breath. “I’m sorry I lied…I’m sorry Alex that I had no intention of ever going out with you and tried to use you to pay my way through a photo op….I’m sorry that I threw your feelings away and I’m sorry that I’ve been a shitty friend.”

Her mother… “And…?”

She turns to me. “I’m sorry that I misgendered you, I’m sorry that I called you bad things and that I attacked you…I’m sorry that I threatened to out you and that I lied to you about Alex and about Mr. Porter…”……………… “Here…”

She extends her hand and there’s an envelope in it.

I take it.

It’s thick, kinda heavy.

He mother looks at me. “Look I know she did really horrible damned things and I’m still pissed and I’m quite frankly ashamed that she acted like this. She WASN’T raised like that. I know that you could press charges but I’m hoping that this will make up for things instead…”

I look inside and it’s full of money.

Donna’s mother. “It’s the money she had left over from her summer jobs, it’s money she should have used to pay for her trip and it’s to replace your stuff she wrecked and for damages…”

I…oh holy crapola there’s got to be over a thousand dollars there.

I’m looking at her and I can see that she’s just barely holding back the blush from being embarrassed at what Donna did.

And this is a whole lot of money.

I go from biting my bottom lip to a smile and I take a cleansing breath.

And I pass the envelope to her mother.

“Ma’am…the apology’s good enough…I can’t take this.”

“You deserve this.”

“Ma’am…take it please…even if you don’t give it back to her put it in a college fund for her or something.”

“Jade…” She seems at a loss.

I offer her my hand. “It’s too much ma’am and these days it’s just too short for all of us these days. I’d honestly feel better if it went to good use.”

Her mother looks at her and she looks at me and she takes my hand and she shakes it.

“Your parents raised a hell of a young lady…they must be proud.”

I blush but shrug. “I have awesome parents they adopted me…but when I get home it’ll be the first time they’ve actually met their daughter.”

She nods. “They’ll love you; you’re a very lovable young lady.”

I really blush and Donna…Donna looks like she ate something that’s…well she looks like she had pervish cooking for breakfast right about now. I know she’s not really sorry…we all do including her mother and she still had to apologize…and stand here through this.

She looks at her daughter. “C’mon Donna we still have a lot of talking to do.”

They both leave and Donna is hunched and she doesn’t give me or anyone else a second glance.

There’s this lull of quiet after that and I take a breath.

“That’s the best thousand dollars I’ve ever spent.”

Alex slips his arms around me. “That’s awesome…the most expensive slice of humble pie I’ve ever seen served.”

His mom smiles at me and she gives me this sort of deeper look and…and…holy shit…she gives me the nod.

I got the mom nod.

I’m still kind of struck by that as we load up the rental car and Alex takes his van with his mom and dad and we drive back to Boston.

Okay…we’re ending my adventure here and it sucks but still at the same time it’s so exciting with everything that happened with Alex’s family and especially his mom and the shit with Donna we’re doing the super-fast, super excited girl talk all the way there until Mum calls and I put her on speaker and we include her in all the way to Logan…

We part back at the Rental place. “Mum…I’ll talk to you soon we’re at the airport.”

“Okay honey…We’ll see you soon!”

Alex and Beverly and Tom are with me and we get the tickets and do the stuff to get through customs and I get a sort of look and then my I.D. and I shrug… “I’m transgender.” And actually it feels sort of good to say it and stuff and they look at me again and they seem to think better of giving me crap over it and then we’re all done.

Then once again I’m standing there with tears running down my face and messing with my make-up as I’m looking at Natasha.

“I’m so going to friggin miss you!!!” I’m sobbing it as I fall on her and hugging her tight.

“God I’m going to miss you so much too Sinclair!”

(Sniffle-laugh.) “Never stop calling me that okay?”

“You got it sis.”

“I……………..sis?”

“Yeah…hello…we’ve so gone past the whole thing for friends…even best friends Jade you’re awesome…you’re the sister of my heart.”

I hug her harder and we stay like that sniffling and crying and leaning on each other with Alex passing us both some of his handkerchiefs and we do offer him messy and sobby smiles.

Then they call her flight and she’s off headed home…

And Alex is holding me and far too soon they call my flight too.

We’re holding hands and I’m pulling my carry on all the way to the boarding thingy.

Alex stops…I look at him… “I’m going to miss you so much Alex.”

“I’m going to miss you too Jade…this…this was not enough…not enough time.”

(Sniffle…) “Nope…”

“Jade…?”

(Sniffle...) “Yes Alex?”

“Sing to me?”

“No…I don’t have time…”

“Please…?”

The flight attendant comes over. “Miss we have to start boarding now.”

I look at Alex and he looks at me… he leans over and kisses me again.

This time I actually kiss him back.

Then it’s just time and I head down the thingy and onto the plane…I have some time before we’re full…time before they tell us to turn off our phones.

I dial Alex.

“Hello?”

I take a deep breath and start just for him…

“Every place I go, I'll think of you…”
“Every song I sing, I'll sing for you…”
“When I come back, I'll wear your wedding ring…”

“So kiss me and smile for me…”
“Tell me that you’ll wait for me…”
“Hold me close and never let me go…..”

Chapter 20

It’s soo cold…and I hate the cold and I hate being here at this day of all the days to be alone here without my boyfriend Alex.

(Grins.) Yeah my boyfriend Alex.

It sucks because it’s Valentine’s Day.

And I am sitting here waiting for my ride because I’m a town student and that means I don’t take the bus and I sort of live “Close enough” to walk.

Never mind it’s February in the Annapolis Valley.

I’m watching other guys and girls go by with their S.O.’s doing the lovey-dovey stuff and sort of kind of catching the ire of some of the “No PDA” teachers and I heave a heavy sigh….

But yeah…

Boyfriend…

Big change…with a lot of big changes.

………………………………………… I guess it all really started with the changes as soon as I got home and my parents were there waiting for me and I was kind of really happy to get home.

It with all of the good things and the bad things had been a really long trip.

My Mum was waiting for me with her arms clasped together anxiously and my dad god love him had this huge poster board sigh with “Welcome Home Jade!” in huge green letters done in magic marker and the stains were all over his fingertips.

I was in tears because I was not actually expecting it.

I mean this was all new to them as it was new to me being out and I was sooo expecting apprehension.

I was sooo wrong actually.

No even a lick of it.

My folks just loved me; they love me no matter what.

Beyond cool.

The rest of the month was a huge blur…Alex actually helped keep me sane and stable.

I love my folks but Mum and Dad had this whole thing about making up for lost time…I mean in that first month.

Alex was online every day and we chatted in PM’s and in Facebook and we even kinda sorta went on dates in World of Warcraft and IMVU which is another sim kinda game…we quit that because it was actually kinda eeew with way too many people that we didn’t know just hitting on us both.

And Nat…Natasha was so another presence in my life and we talked all the time and it was so…I mean…even if it was for the start of things just those two…and some of the girls from that last night at the Con…I had a life…Me…A real darned life.

Okay…once home though it was like I said that first month a whirlwind with my room getting redone… and then there were appointments with my therapist.

Those…those helped me a lot…

I’ve never told mum or dad or even Alex but the Donna thing, the attack in the bathroom…it left stuff…not scars and my feet were okay. But I was still hurt by it…in a kinda scared to do the public bathroom thing alone…and yeah…nightmares.

Dr. Singer was really cool and he helped me…is helping me with that and getting Mum to chill out with the lost time thing.

She’s better now but I’m still adopted and she’s still hovery.

It didn’t take long to get me on a blocker…wow did that ever feel good…it took a while to get the majority of the guy stuff out of my system and my own body slowly started to adapt.

Nope…not what some people might think, I’m not intersexed. Just always just kind of light on the T naturally so it never had a huge effect on me and when the tap was turned off the natural shift kicked in just kinda nicely.

Then about the end of October I started a really light dose of my hormones.

And I went back to school as Jade…for real Jade with my name legally changed and the whole thing. Well apparently not on my Chinese papers which are going to be a nightmare I guess if I ever want to do that with like the red tape and stuff but I’m not really looking to do that any time soon.

And school?

Well apparently I’m not the only transgirl in the valley there’s one somewhere up by New Minas I guess and then there’s the whole thing I got from people like Ooooh…well we knew that all the time cause you looked like a girl.

And there’s also the whole fact that somehow some of the stuff that happened to me in Portland and Boston had gotten out.

I think Mum talked to people telling them what happened and suddenly I stopped being Jade the transgirl to being their transgirl who got hate-mobbed by a bunch of American mean-girls.

And some of the girls at school were a little leery with me at first and I was with them but with it getting to the whole thing of I wasn’t taking Gym and I wasn’t doing anything off-putting in the bathrooms or any worse than some of the other girls it pretty quickly became a non-issue.

And while they were kind of sort of friendly and stuff I think that I’m still kind of too far on the whole geekette thing for them…or most of them.

Karly Johansson is kind of okay…a grade below me and we sort of hang out some, she’s into anime and stuff but she never really was into like main stream North American comics and all the role-playing stuff.

I will say this when I’m at my laptop at lunch and I’m talking to Alex we get attention.

And yes…I told the romantic parts of me and Alexander a few times.

And I might have shown off the scroll cases a few times.

It was all pretty cool and all very yay that I got to show him off but also talk about that stuff with some of them.

It’s still loose and kinda sorta friends but better than before.

……………………………Then there was November…and Halcon…and Alex coming over to here.

He flew in and we picked him up and he stayed on the fold out couch in dad’s den but he was here.

And yeah we did go to the Con and it was cool and stuff for like stuff here in Halifax but we actually spent most of our time that weekend just…just going out…going on actual dates right here in town…

Yay…I mean it was serious yayness.

We’d get ready and we’d go in the morning and drive to Halifax really early and we’d Cosplay and spend the day geeking out and doing our thing at the con but after it got like close to supper and stuff we’d leave and drive home not really into the gaming and stuff that was going on really late in the rooms and we’d just.

Come home and we’d get changed and we’d go back out and get some supper someplace…and then we’d got see a movie…well we saw one we saw The Hobbit and the other one…well was us going to the video-store and buying a bunch of junk food and renting all of the Lord of the Rings DVD’s and geeking out snuggled up on the pull out in dad’s den.

Sigh…

I really, really miss him so much.

………………………………….Then there was Christmas.

Alex never made it here for Christmas and I never made it there either because him and his family were heading out to do this whole pilgrimage all over New England and stuff to see family. I guess it’s like tradition but it was still a really cool X-mas.

My first as a girl.

My first time Christmas shopping and getting stuff as a girl.

I got gift cards from some of the girls that I was getting closer to at school. Hey ten dollars towards make-up or clothes is still cool by me. Luckily I got to do the same before the twenty-fifth actually came so I wasn’t just getting and not giving.

Natasha…well she…she completely blew me away…She got me two Cosplay costumes from the lady that does hers…. Toph…the earthbender girl from Avatar and one of my favorite characters and this extremely elegant green faux-satin dress with black lace and a fan and all the trimmings for me to Cosplay Tyger-Tyger the villainess from Marvel that you see in the Wolverine books.

And Alex…?

I was sort of expecting the girly gift thing.

No…he got me something for my other heart.

Right in my tried and true geekette zone.

He got me seasons one through ten of Stargate on DVD the entire boxed set.

I have the most awesome BF on the planet right?

Sigh…

But New Year’s was on the computer and while it was awesome because it’s still more than I ever had it was…it wasn’t him here or me there.

Then he got the flu in like the second week of January and I have never wanted so much to go someplace and make like chicken soup and tea and just…take care of him.

He was so miserable-cute.

Sigh…

I see Karly coming over and she’s smiling and she’s looking at me and I grin and wave her over and she comes over and there’s this huge smile on her face.

“Hey… what’s up?”

She grins and passes me her tablet. “Your boyfriend apparently.”

“Alex?”

I hear. “Hey Jade.” From her tablet.

I look at it and he’s on video message. “What are you doing?”

“I’m enlisting your friend.”

“Huh?”

“You know what I said when I went to the Exxon station?”

“Uhm…yeah but you kinda…”

Then he’s gone and the same Proclaimer’s video starts to play and I’m smiling and I hear it coming from another tablet in the cafeteria and that girl holds hers up and another and another and a phone and a laptop…

And oh my goddess it’s just so…he’s…he’s giving me my own flash mob for Valentine’s Day!

I’m tearing up and I’m looking around watching them all as they sort of make me this wall of video…of the video that he sent to me when I just soooo I mean he made me laugh…he’s making me laugh so much and happy cry now…

I mean who…? Who does this kind of thing!?

Alex…

The video gets done and some of the girls are wiping their eyes and I say into the screens.

“You’re crazy Alex Porter! And I love you!”

I did it…I actually finally said the Love word.

The girls are really crying now too and they move and they part and…

Alex is there…and he’s in this dark handsome suit and he has a bouquet of roses there in his arms and he looks at me and he smiles at me.

“I love you too Jade.”

~The End? ~

I hope you all enjoyed this and had a good time despite the bumps along the way and the lateness of finishing.

Comments would be awesome.
*Great Big Hugs*

up
179 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Very enjoyable

Subtly different from many of your stories - perhaps a little more magic with the parchment scroll ?!

I would like to guess what happens to Donna - perhaps something appallingly frilly and childish.

Nice touch with the $1000.
Thanks
Love Alys P

TY Alys9

I try to go off script for the contest stories. I'm vey glad that you enjoyed this so much.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Wow ... just, well,, WOW!

A really terrific story, made me cry happy so early in the morning. But you have a tendency to do that. *smile*

The one thing about your stories that drives me crazy is that they make me HUNGRY. I want pizza ... NOW, at nine a.m. after I just finished breakfast. *grin* You and food. I try hard not to read Jem before I go to bed because you make things sound so good.

Anyway, thank you for another wonderful story! *hugs*

Randalynn

Thank You Randalynn:)

I'm very happy that you enjoyed this and had a good time with it.
LOL now you know why I put up food cautions, though I really do love good pizza.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Awesome ending!

You wrapped everything up so nicely and sweetly! Gotta go find another box of nose rags! :-) I only object to the punishment for Donna. Jade was right, she couldn't take the money; I'm just not sure that Donna will change for the better. Two things you learn early on: #1, parents tell you to do or not do something, you'd better obey them. And #2, don't get caught. I think Donna knows a lot more about #2 than #1. Which is why I still want blood, lots of it.

There's really not much of Donna in that apology, the wording sounds like her mom dictating to her what she needed to say. Misgendering? That's not a word in the average 17yr old's vocabulary. So I can just see Donna remaining Donna once she is outside parental influence. By then she'll have a whole new batch of victims to torment. 'Cause a snake will always be a snake.


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.

Donna's apology was as fake as she is Omega.

But she still had to do it, yeah there was also some likely coaching on her mom's part too with that. But yeah turning down the money...it shows Jade's character and the fact that she's kind of content with Donna's big mouth stuffed full of crow.

Some people just won't even try to change though, I think Donna might be one of those.
Possibly a re-occuring villainess?

Glad you enjoyed this though.

Bailey Summers

very nice !

Donna is going to be chewing on that shit burger for a long time to come. maybe her mother can jerk her back into reality. and Jade got her flowers. I can so see them cosplaying a few cons in the next few years. the first one I ever went to was in Boston, they were hyping the 'Buckaroo Banzai' movie. Looks like Jade is definitely getting her story tale time. great ending, thanks

p.s. you even got the cooking element in. nice

LOLOLOL! Sh*tburger!

I absolutely loved that!

Yes Food and flowers and and a bit of justice and friendship too. All in all it turned out rather nicely.

*Hugs and Howls*

Bailey Summers

A lone spotlight in the inky dark lights a spot of pavement...

In walks Melanie, in a fedora pulled low over her eyes and a black trenchcoat, a stubby cigar hanging from her lips. A saxophone wails in the distance, accompanying the mellow tones of an acoustic bass.

A half-smile cracks her lips. "Ya done good, kid," she says, the cigar never leaving her mouth, before turning around and exiting the spotlight.

With a click, the light goes out, and the music fades.

Melanie E.

This totally made up for the last chapter!

D. Eden's picture

Stupid me - I read this at the Cadillac dealership and here I sit drying tears again.

Yes, you got me again Bailey. I loved the whole story, but that ending was just spectacular. To a closet romantic like me, well, let's just say that I have dreamed my whole life of being on the receiving end of something like that.

And singing on the plane........

Ow, my heart.

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

I think the scene with her calling him and singing was...

pretty great too it was definitely a good way to end that scene. I really, really love that song too. Though the flash mob scene at the end...with that upbeat romantic song to make you laugh...the work of getting it all together and then...actually being there with the roses from being so far away.

Yep... *Sniffles*

*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

yay!!!!!! (sniffle sniffle sobbb!)

So happy I could just hug you to tears sweetie! Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout, that Bailey magic! Our girl's a real class act. The apology scene with Donna's Mom was precious! And and Valentines day, PRICELESS! Just knew you wouldn't let me down sweetie! Loving Hugs Talia

I'm so really glad that you liked this Talia

I really did think the ending with the geek play and the flash-mob thing just for her was cool.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

YAY! Happy tears flowing!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank You!

Thank you for the warm blanket, awesome pizza and the ice cold (root) beer!
But (pouting) I didn't get the hot cocoa on a cold windy day. (grin) Just Kidding!!!!

Thanks, Bailey, for sharing this wonderful story. Reading this I know will make my day go so much brighter.
*A Great Big Hug for the wonderful author*

Cicero2K
'Otium cum dignitate'

You're really welcome Cicero2K :)

I did try to some of those things into the story. Beach bonfire with fireworks and a footrub a fair trade?
*Great Big Huge Hugs*

Bailey Summers

I get by with a little help from my friends

Or, rather, Jade does. Thank Goddess for Natalie! But after that, it all happened so good and Valentine's like, and...thank you, Bailey!

SuZie

Natasha's a pretty good Best Friend.

And sometimes it just kinda happens like that meeting a friend and sometimes there's just a connection. And well of course being a goof christian Dwarven girl helps too.

*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Young Geek Love!

The preceding chapter was a little hard for me to read, but this one more than made up for it. Yay!
hugs
Grover

I had friends that hooked up at a Con.

And they're still together too. I'm really glad that you enjoyed this so much Grover.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Other people

Used up all the words I wanted to use. There is a natural flow to your stories that is as smooth VSVOP aged brandy. It puts a fire in the belly but it goes down so smoothly. Love the story start to finish.

Big Huggles
Michele

With those with open eyes the world reads like a book

celtgirl_0.gif

TY Misha!

I was hoping that it would please. That is a decent Brandy, a favorite of one of my great uncles if I remember things right.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*

Bailey Summers

OK girl you know you made me cry!!

Pamreed's picture

It makes me so happy to see one of our own making it and being happy!!
I really like this line " “I’m transgender.” And actually it feels sort of good to say it ".
This past week a lot has happened to me to really feel that!! I was at a Trans Leadership Academy
put on by the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force. I have started a group here in my town to work on
trans rights. I have began networking with other organizations to do that. I will be focusing on
passing EHEA (Equal Housing Employment Act) here in Ohio and also a reference guide to which local
doctors and medical places will treat transgender folks. I am also working on creating a Speakers Bureau
for the local PFLAG chapter. And the best thing is I just met someone and we are starting to date. She
is wonderful and fully accepts me, like Alex does for Jade. She makes me HAPPY!!!
So thank you Bailey for another wonderful story!!

Hugs,
Pamela

Excellent story. I especially

Excellent story. I especially liked that people around Jade responded the way that they should(with the obvious exception of Donna).

Not so happy with me crying while reading this...

Hugs,
Shy

What a Wonderful Story.

I really liked this whole story. Not much more I can say, I loved it.

Thank You,

Joani

TThe way we wish all stories would end

Great story Pure FANTASY WITH A DASH OF HOPE FOR ALL OF US.......... I hope this is not the end for Jade and Alex Would love to here more.
Perhaps with a truely contrite Donna. Who Knows Donna may find out love is not about one's gender but about one's soul.

Happy

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Sometime tomorrow I may finally stopping smiling about that ending. Not that I want to stop smiling, the warmth of that ending is something I really want to hold onto for as long as I can. :-)

Yes there were tears, yes there was pain but the ending more than made up for it. If I was to sum up how I felt in music right now it would be Pharrell's 'Happy'.

Writing a good story is hard. Writing a good story that touches the reader at an emotional level is even harder. You did it and that's pretty awesome.

*hugs*



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!

I was just laughin'
and yayin'
and Snoopy dancin' around the house!
My Love thinks I'm NUTS!
Til SHE read it!
Now we're BOTH laughin"
THANK-YOU SO MUCH! :)

Excellent way to finish a

Excellent way to finish a lovely story. Jade becomes Jade for real, and Donna gets to see how her life is going to be for sometime to come. A win-win for Jade and Alex.

TY Janice very much:)

I'm glad that things came out the way that they did though.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

*Likes*

Podracer's picture

Nailed me in the tear glands of course. You capture the excitable teen's dialogue well, and hang her bared up on the screen for us. Thank you.
JJX

"Reach for the sun."

Real world

That is what I try to write. This tale is a wish fulfilment fantasy of "If only..."

And yet I still read it all the way through, and dabbed my eyes as I damned Donna, and thought "If ****ing only!"

Oh dear gods if only...

Thank you, Bailey.

Cyclist...you are a remarkable writer.

I'm so moved that you enjoyed this so much and I'm still blushing from the compliment.
I do know exactly though if Only.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

This story was amazing!

Maren Sorensen's picture

I didn't join in the fray after #18 because I didn't believe you'd leave it there, and if you did, it was your right as the author to do so. I always love your writing and I apologize for not commenting more often. I really have no excuse other than a busy life which your stories help me to escape.

I prefer stories set in the real world as I can more easily fit myself into them, and I adore a happy ending. The Parchment filled all my needs and filled that "happy ending" desire. It was marvelous in every sense of the word.

Thank you, Bailey for this valentine to everyone at BCTS,

Maren

I'm so glad that you did Maren:)

I'm very glad that you enjoyed this so much honey.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Great Storey, Bailey

littlerocksilver's picture

I had trouble starting it. So I just waited until you finished it, and then I read it through tonight. Just simply wonderful. You don't have to write a sequel because I already know it will be a very happy one. Of course we're not through with the wicked witch, but that's another story.

Portia

I will agree Portia.

we really don't need a sequel but Donna might show up again.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Parchment is a super story...

it takes one's emotions every-which-way except letting go. I love the ending. This is probably your best story to date in my opinion. Hugs, JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Omg, Bailey, that was just

Omg, Bailey, that was just sooo awesome! Its almost been non-stop squee the past two chapters lol

If i could distill the emotions of this final chapter, I'd have a bottle of "Yay!"

You've left the story at an amazing place of love and sparkling hope. I'd love to read more of Jade's story =)

Thoroughly cheered, thanks Bailey!

*Hugs*
Jenna

A beautiful ending

Amethyst's picture

to another beautiful story Bailey. I loved the romance and the geek humor through the whole story and as usual your characters were so well thought out and so easy to relate to.

*big hugs*

Amethyst

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

TY Princess of Gemworld:)

I am really glad that you enjoyed this I was trying for all of those sweet things that you just said.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Another one of my perpetual re-reads

This is another one of your stories that I love to read and re-read. A simple story, in some ways, but it tugs on the heartstrings and pulls me out of cynicism and despair (well, a little ways, at least.)

Nice one Bailey. L

Nice one Bailey.

L

Definitely a keeper

Just finished rereading this. I think I like it even better than when I read it for the first time last year. It's one of those perfect stories; love, adventure, and real life experiences. Thank you for all the love and labor you put into it. Well worth it. Now onto your next "gem" of a story.

>>> Kay

Wow

Alice-s's picture

Year this ticked all of my girly, tissue alert boxes. Good story.