My Summer in Pantyhose Chapter 12

Printer-friendly version

Synopsis: Jamie deals with the aftermath of his movie-date with Megan and breaks the news about his pantyhose to his friends.

Chapter 12

"How was the movie?" asked my mother as I got into the car.

"It was okay."

"Just okay?"

"It was some teen girl movie. A lot of talking."

"That was nice of you to let Megan pick the film."

I stared out the window as we moved through the parking lot toward the exit.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Do you want to grab some ice cream on the way home?"

"At The Factory?" My mother didn't offer ice cream at the factory very often.

"Why not."

We parked in the small public lot behind the Ice Cream Factory. It's a small local store that's only open during the summer. As usual, there was a line out the door. I didn't see anyone give my legs any notice. I guess they were focused on the ice cream. We bought cones and found an empty table in the seating area outside.

"Well," my mother said. "Now that I've bought you some ice cream will you tell me what's wrong?"

"It wasn't just me and Megan at the movie. She invited three other girls."

"And they weren't nice to you?"

"Mostly they ignored me. Megan ignored me too. Then they met some jocks after the movie and took off."

"Oh Jamie, I'm sorry."

"I don't know why Megan bothered to invite me."

My mother didn't have an explanation. She tried her best to cheer me up but I was inconsolable. My heart was broken and the more I thought about it, the more anger I felt toward Megan.

I spent the rest of the day moping around home. I didn't want to read or play computer games. I didn't know what I wanted to do so I ended up laying on the couch. My mother left me alone. She still had work to do.

Julie and Samantha swept into the living room late in the afternoon carrying several shopping bags. It was obvious where all the money from Julie's job was going.

Samantha stopped near the couch. "Hiya Jamie. Excuse me but could you move your feet?" I curled my legs to give her some room. Julie flopped down in a recliner. "My feet are killing me," said Samantha as she slipped off her sandals to rub her feet.

"You shouldn't have worn new shoes," said Julie.

"I know. I know. That's exactly what my mother said but they go so well with this outfit." Samantha was wearing a blouse with a flared short skirt and beige hose.

"Why did you wear a skirt anyway?" asked Julie.

"To attract attention, of course." Samantha pulled her legs up on the couch then wiggled her nylon-clad toes against mine. I moved away. Samantha giggled.

"Quit playing footsie with my brother," said Julie. "It's gross."

Samantha and Julie both laughed. "So how was your date with Megan," asked Samantha.

"Okay."

"Just okay?"

"Yeah, just okay." I got up and headed toward my room.

"Hey, don't leave," said Samantha.

I closed my door then collapsed on my bed. I cried before falling asleep. For dinner, mom order pizza and we ate it together in the living room while we watched a movie. Julie was sweet to me so I figured my mother had filled her in on my fiasco of an afternoon.

The last thing I wanted to do Sunday morning was go to church and face Megan. When my mother entered my room to wake me, I told her I was sick to my stomach. She asked about my symptoms. I doubt she believed me but she agreed I should stay home for the morning. I stayed in bed while my mother and sister readied themselves. After they left, I went downstairs and lounged on the couch in my hose and long t-shirt. This was what I was doing when my mother caught me, I recalled, although I wasn't feeling sorry for myself on that day. I simply had to get out of this mood. I couldn't live like this forever. There would be other girls I told myself, then it hit me. My friends Mike and Todd would be back today. What were they going to say about my hose? With all the excitement around wearing openly and the attention from girls I had pushed all thoughts of how I would handle my friends to my minds attic. I was going to have to unpack those boxes now.

I decided some activity, even mindless work, would help get me back on an even keel so I got dressed and prepared sandwiches for everyone for lunch. My mother and Julie were shocked when they returned home to find the table set and lunch waiting for them.

"Wow Jamie, maybe you should stay home more often," exclaimed Julie.

"I got bored."

My mother hugged me and thanked me. "Are you feeling better?"

"I think I'll be back to normal soon."

My mother hugged me. I waited at the table while my mother and Julie changed out of their Sunday clothes. Julie came down first and sat next to me.

"Megan asked about you," Julie remarked. "She wanted to know where you were. I told her that you were sick."

"Really," I answered, trying to sound as if I didn't care.

"She wanted you to know that she hopes you're feeling better soon."

I nodded and Julie didn't say anything more about Megan.

Later that afternoon, I was reading in the living room when the phone rang. My mother took the call. "Jamie," she called. "It's for you. It's Mike."

Mike wanted me to come over to his house. "Can I go over to Mike's," I asked. My mother said it was fine so I told Mike I would be over shortly.

"Are you ready for this?" asked my mother.

"I think so," I said. I could see a bit of concern on my mother's face, leading me to wonder if she was going to tell me I could go without hose. But so many people knew I wore hose now that it really wouldn't matter. "Is it okay if I wear the 'grubby' t-shirt and old shorts I'm wearing?"

My mother smiled. "Of course it is."

I thought about putting on some socks and tennis shoes, but I didn't think we'd play outside. It was too hot today, so I put on my sandles and headed out the door for Mike's house. Mike lived four blocks away in a cul-de-sac, which made for a great place to play basketball. I was wearing sheer energy in suntan today, and as I walked, the bright sun glistened on my legs. I didn't pass anyone on the sidewalk, which wasn't surprising on a hot Sunday afternoon. I mulled over how to approach the topic with Mike. I decided on absolute honesty. I hoped I would be able to tell him the story before he noticed.

When I reached Mike's house, I found his older sister Monica washing the family car in the driveway. She was wearing flip-flops, tight daisy-dukes, and a purple bikini top. Mike's sister was gorgeous, way out of my league, and I'm sure she knew it.

"Oh, hi Jamie. How are you?"

"Okay."

"I think Mike's inside somewhere."

As I stood at the front door, I snatched a few glimpses of her shapely behind as she leaned over the car's hood. If those shorts were any shorter and tighter, her butt would pop out the bottom. My mother would never let Julie wear anything like that.

Mike's mother answered the door, said it was great to see me, and ushered me into the entry hall where I slipped off my shoes.

"It's so hot out there," she said.

I agreed that it was hot outside (in more ways than one I thought). I put my shoes out of the way, neatly against the wall.

Mike's mother was looking at me quizzically then her eyes dropped to my feet before rising to my face again. I looked down. Although I was wearing sandle-toe hose, the seam at the toe had worked itself over the top of my toes. It was obvious I was wearing nylons. I reached down and pulled on the seam to adjust it downward.

"I'm sure Mike will explain later."

"Yes, I'm sure he will."

She called for Mike as I followed her into the living room. I learned when I got home that as soon as Mike and I went up to his room, Mike's mother called my house to find out from my mother why I was wearing pantyhose.

"Hey Jamie." Mike gave me a high-five. "Come on, you've got to see this."

I followed Mike up the stairs to his room. He was dressed just like me--shorts and t-shirt--except he wasn't wearing pantyhose. Mike's father was a comptroller, which Mike explained was some kind of accountant. Their family had a bigger house and a lot more money than mine. His mother did some sort of part-time interior decorating work from home. Their house was always immaculate, except for Mike's room. He had two older sisters, one in high school and one at college. The one in college was a cheerleader at a major university. We had seen her on TV a few times. So, why were Mike and I friends? He was what most people would call a geek, just like me.

As we entered Mike's room, I saw there was a game running on the computer. Mike spent a lot of money on games. There were books, magazines, and clothes scattered all over the place. "Is Todd back yet?" I asked.

"Yeah, I called him already. He has to do some chores first. He'll be over in an hour or so."

Mike cleared off a chair for me then sat down in the office chair in front of his computer. "You've got to see the graphics on this one," he exclaimed, reaching for the mouse. "They are so cool."

"Wait Mike. I need to tell you something first."

Mike turned to me, looking a bit annoyed as I'm certain he could not imagine anything more important than looking at the new game.

"Do you notice anything different about how I'm dressed?"

"No, is that a new t-shirt?"

"What about my legs?" Mike didn't seem to notice anything so I raised my right leg and pointed my toe.

"Whoa dude. Are you wearing nylons?"

"Yes. I am. You really couldn't tell until now?"

"No. Why are you wearing hose?"

"That's a long story." I told him about my mother catching me and her ultimatum and that I had always liked the way nylons felt.

"So you're really going to wear them all summer?"

"That's the plan," I said.

"Wow." Mike looked thoughtful for a few moments. I gave him time to digest it all. "Uhm, is there anything else? I mean you're not gay are you? It would be okay if you were, but..."

"No," I said emphatically. "I'm not gay."

Mike looked relieved. "So can we look at this game now or do you have something else to tell me."

"No, that's it."

"Okay, HOSEMAN." Mike laughed at his cleverness. "Check this out."

Mike navigated through the game and showed me a lot of cool stuff.

"Do other people know your wearing hose this summer?"

"Actually yes. Some gossipy girls know and I suspect everyone in school will know by summer's end." I thought about mentioning Megan but nobody wants to talk about their defeats and it was still way too painful.

"What are you going to do when school starts?"

"I don't know. I've gotten so used to wearing them that I feel kind of naked without them."

"But the summer is over then. You can't wear them to school, man. You'll get your head beat in."

"I guess I haven't thought that far ahead yet."

"You'll have to hire a bodyguard." Mike stood up. "You want to give this a try?" We exchanged seats so I could play the game for a while. Mike walked me through setting up a new character and I was off in a fantasy world.

"Mike," cried his mother. "Todd is here."

"Hey, don't tell Todd about your nylons," said Mike. "Let's see how long it takes him to notice."

"Okay," I said as Mike took off to get Todd. I was amazed at how well Mike seemed to be taking this. Maybe living with two older sisters made him more accepting or maybe he was just a better friend than I realized. At the same time I had reservations about not being open with Todd.

Todd gave me a high-five when he and Mike entered the room.

"How was the family trip?" I asked.

"Same as always," Todd said. "Mom and Dad fought in the front seat. The kids fought in the back seat. But I got some cool t-shirts." Todd had a strong negative streak. He was less of a geek than me and Mike but too much of a geek to hang with the in crowd.

I sat on the end of Mike's bed while Mike showed Todd the game. Occasionally Mike would look back at me and smile knowingly. Todd had not paid any attention to my legs. After Mike had walked Todd through the basics, they changed seats so Todd could play.

"Did you check out Jamie's legs?" asked Mike.

Todd looked at me then shrugged his shoulders. "Looks like you've got a tan."

"He's wearing pantyhose dude," exclaimed Mike.

"What?" Todd took a closer look. I raised my foot. "What the ...." His thought trailed off to nothing as he stared at my legs.

"It's a long story." I told Todd the same story that I had told Mike. Whereas Mike had listened patiently and with some apparent interest, Todd simply stared at me.

"You're gonna get your face pounded," said Todd when I was done with my tale.

"No one has beaten me up yet. You didn't even notice."

"Yeah, not yet. That's the operative word, 'yet'."

That was the end of any discussion about my hose. We took turns playing the game until Mike's mother called to say that it was time to eat. Mike asked us to stay for dinner. I declined but Todd said he would stay. I didn't feel comfortable around Todd. He hadn't said anything of substance to me since my revelation.

Later that evening I found a message from Megan in my email in-box. "Hope your better! : )" read the subject line. I stared at it for several minutes trying to decide what to do. Delete it? Read it and ignore it? Read it and respond? Be strong I told myself. Eventually I deleted it. I didn't care what she had to say.

The next morning I was off to grandmother's house. I didn't figure we would be going anywhere so I put on one of my darker shades of hose with some jean shorts. I was sitting at her kitchen table eating a bowl of cereal and drinking some orange juice when she informed me that I had figured wrong.

"One of Gladys's daughters is getting married this fall," she began. "I'm thinking about making a quilt for her. I suspect it will take me all summer."

I nodded. "Guess that will keep you busy."

"Oh it certainly will. As soon as you're done with your breakfast we need to go to the fabric store."

"Oh, okay." I didn't have much choice in the matter. The fabric store is the most boring place in the world. I considered asking to wait in the car but there aren't any trees in that parking lot. I would bake.

I followed my grandmother into the store. At least the place was air-conditioned. Nobody gave me much notice as I stood near my grandmother with nothing more to do than watch her hum and haw over bolts of fabric.

"Hello Emma. What sort of project are you up to?" An older woman who had come from the back of the store approached us.

"Oh I'm making a quilt for Gladys's daughter Susan. She's getting married in the fall."

"Is she?"

"I don't think you've met my grandson Jamie. Jamie this is Lucille. She owns the store."

I smiled and nodded. Lucille looked me up and down.

"Pleased to meet you Jamie. Finally a boy that dresses with some sense," she said to my grandmother. "But then your daughter always did have good sense. Boys these days dress in such sloppy and ridiculous outfits. They ought to be fined for indecency when their pants fall off."

My grandmother smiled at Lucille's little tirade. "Are you staying busy running the store."

"Oh yes. Need to get some more part-time help though. You would think some teenagers would want to make some money but I guess no one values honest work anymore."

They went on and on for what seemed like hours while my grandmother picked out some fabric and thread. "That Lucille is kind of hard to take," I said as we drove back to my grandmother's house.

My grandmother chuckled. "Oh, she certainly has her opinions."

The next day I helped my grandmother cut some of the fabric for the quilt pattern. She said it made her hand ache to use the scissors for an extended period of time. My mother thanked me for being such a good sport and helping on the way home.

Julie and I were watching television when the phone rang Tuesday night. "Jamie," called my mother. "It's for you."

"Who is it?"

"It's Megan."

"Tell her I'm not here." I saw Julie's jaw drop out of the corner of my eye.

"Jamie! I already told her you're here."

I took the phone from my mother and ducked into the dining room for a modicum of privacy.

"Hello?"

"Hi Jamie. It's Megan. Julie said you were sick on Sunday."

"I'm better now."

"That's good. Did you get my email?"

"Sort of. I haven't read it yet."

"Oh. I was worried you were really, really sick."

"Nope. I felt a lot better Sunday afternoon."

"Oh. Are you mad at me?"

"I don't know."

"Okay. Uhm."

"I guess I'll see you on Sunday. Bye." I hung up before she could say anything else. I fought back some tears. It hurt to cut her off, but it had to be done I told myself.

"That wasn't very nice Jamie," my mother remarked.

"Well she wasn't very nice to me on Saturday." I marched up to my room and closed the door. I needed some privacy. Maybe hanging up on her wasn't the right thing to do. I laid on my bed and stewed about the whole mess, at times congratulating myself for being tough then kicking myself for cutting off the most beautiful girl I knew. I was numb when my mother knocked on my door.

"Jamie, can you come downstairs?"

"I don't feel like it Mom."

"Megan is here. She's waiting downstairs."

"I'll be there in a minute." I grabbed a kleenex to clean up my face. I didn't want her to know I had been crying but when I passed a mirror my red eyes made it obvious.

My mother pointed to the entry hall where I found Megan waiting. She mustered a faint smile. "Hi."

"Hi Megan." Part of me wanted to hug and cry my eyes out. Be strong I told myself but my heart was melting. How could I be mean to her. "What are you doing here?"

Her smile faded. "I thought we needed to talk. Can we go outside?"

"Sure." I slipped on my sandals and followed her outside. Her bicycle was parked in the driveway. "There's a swing in the back." She followed me to the swing where we sat down at opposite ends. The swing moved as we sat down but neither of else felt like swinging. There was room for another person between us.

"Why are you angry with me?"

"Saturday."

"I guess you didn't enjoy yourself."

"Did everyone have a good laugh after I was gone?"

"No Jamie. I would never do that. We didn't talk about you at all, at least I didn't. Kim is such a bitch. I told her to shut-up."

"Why did you invite the other girls?"

"I thought I told you. I'm sorry. My cousins were visiting and Kim called that morning. I thought we would all have fun together. What guy wouldn't want to go to a movie with four girls?" Megan laughed.

"It was humiliating. They didn't want me there. They just wanted to laugh at me. And then you ditched me when those guys showed up. It was real obvious you didn't want your freak friend around anymore."

"No Jamie. It wasn't like that. You said you had to leave."

"Did you want me to hang around anymore? You could have waited with me until my mother showed up."

Megan hung her head. She didn't say anything for several minutes. Normally this would have been one of those awkward silences, but I took it as a sign that I finally had scored a hit. "I treated you badly Jamie. I am truly sorry. I guess you hate me now."

"No, I don't hate you. I don't think I could. But you hurt me."

Megan scooted close to me. Her bare thigh was only inches from mine.

"Jamie, I am so sorry I hurt you." Megan's eyes were watery. "I like you. And if you can forgive me, I still want us to be friends."

"I've wanted to be friends with you for a long time."

Megan smiled then embraced me tightly, nuzzling her head into my shoulder. I put my arms around her. I had never hugged a girl before and I wasn't sure where to put my hands. I felt the thin straps of her bra beneath my fingers and her breasts pressing against my chest. I heard Megan sniffling as tears flooded my eyes.

to be continued

up
166 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Now we're gittin' somewhere.

I really liked the natural flow of this. As if any of us could expect sensitive people in our lives. I still loved reading it.

Gwen Brown

Innocence?

Angharad's picture

I'm never quite sure where this story is going to go, but I enjoy the innocence of youth theme. Look forward to the next installment.

thanks Jeremy,

Angharad.

Angharad

My Summer in Pantyhose

I am enjoying the series of "My Summer in Pantyhose" and the character and plot development that Jeremy is masterfully handling.

I was a little worried about Jamie, but as a 14-15 year old young man, I needed to remember that he is still developing emotionally. He is still quite vulnerable, but I am seeing a much welcome back-bone on his part. Young love, with or without pantyhose, is tough. I am reminded of my own "coming of age" and the heartbreak of "puppy love."

Kudos, Jeremy. Keep up the good work, and I look forward for installment #13.

Love My Summer in PantyHose

Heatwarming and touching tale with realism, innocence, and discovery that tickles my inner being! You have created something magical Jeremy. Your writing instantly and easily connected me to Jamie and allowed me to live within. This is great storytelling and I pray you never lose your muse. You have made a fan of me.

love
 

    Sephrena Lynn Miller
BigCloset TopShelf

I can't wait

I can't wait to see where you will be going with this........ I'm a big fan and have been waiting a long time for this instalment. I hope others will soon follow.
thanks Jeremy.

A.A.

my summer in pantyhose

You have put to pen what a lot of folks feel, he is a young man who feels differently about who he is andneeds to find out.
I can relaste to him, As I too have to wear pantyhose, although not for the same reasons, mine is medical. however there are sites that are for men and boys who enjoy the feeling of hose and just plain like to wear.
I've enjoyed reading the story so far and am waiting for the next chapter.

Jamie's Summer In Pantyhose

May not end. He has been seen around town wearing pantyhose with his Mom and with his girlfriend. Will he want to stop wearing pantyhose? If so, will he want to dress as a girl or wear pantyhose under his jeans? Very sweet story here.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Upcoming Chapters

I have been in contact with Jeremy regarding the next chapters, and all I can say is, "Keep your hose on! The next chapters are going to be well worth the wait." Jeremy is serious about this serial, and he is working on the next chapters, and I know that I'm as anxious as anyone to see the next chapters. Be patient. The wait will be well worth the product we read.

Awh, I don't know. This guy

Awh, I don't know.
This guy is being set up up for some real trouble I think.
And by his own family, no less :)

Otherwise I kind of freak out and love it, both at the same time ::))

Yoron.

Confused

Jamie Lee's picture

Back again to Jamie telling his mom he wanted to stop wearing pantyhose, then when asked by Mike if he'll wear them all summer Jamie replies, "that's the plan." Did Jamie change his mind at some point and I missed it? Has he just gotten so used to wearing them that he can't go without?

Megan is perplexing. One minute she seems to shun Jamie, the next she's talking to him again. Yet, here she is, at his house, because she's worried he's is mad at her. After he tells her about Saturday, and she apologizes, and asks him to forgive her, the reaction they both exhibit show how much they care for each other.

If Megan is sincere in her apology and how bad she feels for hurting Jamie, it will go a long way in helping Jamie further develop his self worth. Something he'll need when he goes back to school and has to face whatever is waiting for him because of his summer attire.

Others have feelings too.