Hellish (The Half-Lilin Rewrite) Prologue

Printer-friendly version
Naamah_by_GENZOMAN.jpg

We thought this world is boring, mundane even normal. We created gods, demons, magical creatures, even the rules of magic itself, just so that we don't die of boredom. I am here to tell you that the world is everything but normal. Gods, demons and magic, they all exist.

I am the living proof of their existence.

Hellish Prologue
A Half-Lilin Rewrite


By Shinieris

“Ooh, see, Patty’s happy,” Sarah remarked seeing her baby girl’s smile.

“When she gets fat in the future, we’ll call her Fatty Patty. Coochie coochie coo!” Jerry Willows teased his newborn daughter.

Sarah rocked her baby as the little girl gurgled in happiness. “She’s not going to get fat! Daddy is so cruel, isn’t here?” Sarah said as she kissed her daughter on her forehead.

“Hey, that’s not nice. You’re going to make her think I’m a bad father,” Jerry said looking hurt.

“Oh you’re such a baby,” Sarah said as she nudged his lips with her own and kissed it lightly, “Are you sure you’re ready for parenthood?”

Jerry scowled. “Of course-“

“Shh!” Sarah shushed as she concentrated on a barely perceptible sound.

“What?” Jerry asked as he heard nothing.

Suddenly Sarah’s right hand glowed with a dull red light and as her veins popped on the whole of her right arm, she threw the glowing red orb at a corner of the room. The corner of the room broke with the shattering sound of cheap glass and out of the darkness behind the broken wall, was a woman. She was tall, beautiful, with reddish hair and a cruel smile. She strode into the room, with the clicking of her high heels and a presence that shook reality as the shattered wall she came from repaired itself behind her.

Jerry’s knees went weak as the woman approached. He fell to the floor, right next to the crib as his legs gave out. For some reason, Jerry felt very intimidated by this amazon-like woman.

“Hello, Mother,” Sarah greeted with barely controlled anger as her hand glowed again with a dull red light. She pointed her hand at the woman, as she made it abundantly clear that the woman wasn’t welcomed.

“Stop that, you know it will only cut your life even shorter,” the woman said in a slightly high-pitched, breathy voice that rattled Jerry’s spine. She took a step forward, closer to the married couple and reached out her hand to touch the baby.

Sarah slapped the woman’s hand away. “You will NOT have her, Mother,” she said as she sat further back on the crib, cradling the baby in a protective hug with her back to the wall.

“Oh? And what are you going to do about it? You know I have first right to every one of my children. It’s only the ninth day, I have eleven more days to claim her as my own. Even if you expel me from your house right now, with eleven days, I can come back and torture you with the torments of hell. You know I’ve been there,” the woman said with a cruel smile and fiery gaze.

“You can torture me. You can torture Jerry. You can even kill us, but my child will live her life as a normal human!” Sarah stated as she designed a spell in her mind.

“I am not going to kill you, silly girl. I have much hope that you will choose to return to me. How about this, you swear to come home with me and let’s just say that I will delay taking your daughter for… maybe ten days?” the woman attempted a compromise.

Sarah laughed at the attempt. “Hah! Ten days, Mother? In the end you will still have her. No, I’ve found a better solution,” Sarah said as a spell circle appeared above her head, flowing with greenish miasma.

The greenish fog flowed around her and the baby, glowing with a greenish light in the darkened nursery. It enveloped both her and the baby in a protective barrier as she cast another spell. She raised her right hand, palm upwards as the air condensed above her palm. Within seconds, a small 16 ounce thermos appeared out of thin air in her hand. Suddenly all the miasma entered the baby’s body, making the baby girl cry in pain. Once the last of the miasma had completely disappeared inside the baby, the thermos broke apart, revealing a single feather inside it that unleashed waves of pure white light that blinded all in the room. When the light disappeared, the baby was lying on the crib’s mattress, with Sarah slumped on one corner as she lost all her strength.

The woman reached forward to grab the child, but was repelled by an unseen force. “What did you do, you little whore?!” she yelled as she grabbed Sarah’s throat instead.

“Let her go,” Jerry said with a hand around her right ankle. He looked tortured and out of breath, as if something was crushing his lungs.

“Do not touch me, little boy,” the woman said as she kicked away Jerry’s hand.

“Hehehe, you can’t have my daughter anymore, mother. You see, you are already too late!” Sarah said as she laughed out loud when the woman loosened her hold on her throat.

The woman looked at the baby, extended her hand and encountered a resistance. “This is a barrier that those assholes’ put as protection for children that has gone past my control. But how can this be? I should have eleven more days,” she said, confused, until she finally realized what what was wrong.

“You little slut!” the woman said as she pulled Sarah up by her skull, “You turned the girl into a boy!”

Sarah, who was exhausted beyond measure, simply giggled as her body hung from her head, “For boys you only have power over them for eight days, don’t you Mother? It’s already the ninth day. You are late by one day, Mother!” Sarah laughed like a madwoman.

The woman threw Sarah to the floor. “If you think you’ve won, think again, little girl. That baby was originally female,” she said as she pointed a finger at the baby girl, “I claim this girl as mine. One day when your spell loses its power, she will be mine again. Make no mistake.”

As the woman’s body slowly turned invisible, Sarah taunted, “How does it feel to be denied, Mother? You can say what you want, but I’ve won this round!”

As the woman’s body disappeared, she ensured that Sarah drowned in her own blood out of spite.

*As always, please drop me your comments and feedbacks. Praises helps me write faster and constructive criticisms helps me to write better.
**It seems like at the rate I'm going, it will be next year before I can start selling Escape! So I've decided to heavily edit my old story (which I'm embarrassed of) and try to sell this one as my first. For those who have read the old one, do tell which one you prefer. For those who have not read the old one, don't worry, this rewrite works for 'By The Light of The Moon' too, so you won't be missing much. I just thought that my writing skills have improved since then and wanted to make this story better so when I decide to write the next installment one day, I can proudly tell people, go read my first story. I know this one is short, but don't worry, the next chapters won't be as short.

up
92 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

been waiting for this

Ahhhhhhh Yissssss, more Half-Lilin. :)

(•_•)

Internet High Fives All Around
Stardraigh

( •_•)>⌐■-■

My Deviantart

(⌐■_■)

More

shiinaai's picture

Well, not exactly more Half-Lilin, just the rewrite. But who knows, if this sells well, maybe I'll write more in the future. I have 4 other stories planned for the Half-Lilin, starting from Pat's life, to his daughters and a spinoff of Sarah's past life in the middle ages. I just don't have the motivation to continue writing those right now.

Thanks and please keep supporting me.

I really like Half-Lilin.

I really like Half-Lilin.

One of my fav things you've done is keeping Rick, Pattie, and Ilyse distinct aspects of the same character.

Keep up the good work on Half-Lilin, but don't burn yourself out on it.

(•_•)

Internet High Fives All Around
Stardraigh

( •_•)>⌐■-■

My Deviantart

(⌐■_■)

rewrite/reread

Sadarsa's picture

Oh! i almost forgot about this story, it's been a while since i read it. Think i'll remedy this.

~Your only Limitation is your Imagination~

Reread

shiinaai's picture

Really? You've read the original Half-Lilin? At that time I thought it was great, but now I'm really embarrassed with that work. The next few chapters will arrive soon. So please, keep on reading. Thank you for your support.

I do see a distinct improvement here.

I liked the first version even with all it's little problems, and from the prologue, I think your rewrite is going to be very good.

Maggie

Thank you

shiinaai's picture

Yes, I like to think that I have improved a little. Maybe this will be my masterpiece, maybe not. A piece I wrote when I was full of ideas with the skills of several years later :P

Thanks for supporting me.

Please write more!

I'd really like to see more.

I've read your previous Half Lilin stories. They weren't anywhere near as bad as you seem to think they are.

I was disappointed when they ended.

It wasn't the end

shiinaai's picture

Actually the end of By the Light of the Moon wasn't the end of the story. I have planned sequels involving Ilyse's son and a certain witch called Theonius. As well as a sequel involving every former heroes of human myths in Tartarus.

You weren't just saying that, were you? I thought my first Half-Lilin was so bad, I was ashamed to even read it again. But thanks for the words of encouragement. The next chapter will arrive soon.

I would really have like to

I would really have like to seen (and hope you do so in these rewrites) Ilyse's story continued.

By the light of the moon left so many things open and unsolved. That could be considered a fault (for both the original and By the light of the Moon), but i overlooked the somewhat abrupt endings and was hoping for at least one sequel following Ilyse trying to get her powers back, find her 'other' self/personality etc etc.

I was glad to see a rewrite and i hope the story lives along and healthy life (with many chapters!).

I also think it would be great to follow Ilyse's son as well.

Half lilim

I didn't think it was bad either, one of my favorite stories just finished my most recent reread.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

Rewrite

terrynaut's picture

This is looking better so far. Everything is much clearer. I had some trouble understanding the first version of this story. I look forward to reading a fresh new version of this.

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry