Sanyu's Story

Printer-friendly version

Part of another story that may not be finished for a long time, this is actually a story told by one of the characters, though I would post it here for your consumption!

Why it is not good to eat the bravest girls!

Story:

Many years ago long before this world change to how it is now there lived a little boy he lived with his parents and sisters in a small village in northern Japan. He was happy he worked hard at his chores, he was kind to his sisters, obedient to his parents and much good was thought of him. Then one day whilst collecting wood in the forest he came upon a hole in the ground, being a brave boy he climbed into the hole. Many hours passed and eventually his parents and sisters became worried they organized a great search. At last the searchers came upon the hole too.

They whispered for sometime as they were more frightened than the boy and were scared of the hole or more importantly what it might contain eventually one of the boys own sisters went into the cave, her parents tried to stop her but she persisted. Time passed and then they heard a scream, a young girl was screaming. After a time a girl came climbing out of the hole slowly followed by the sister the fist girl looked very scared and hid behind the sister when she saw all the villagers looking at her.

Of the boy there was no sign, mourning their lost brother and son the family returned to their farm taking the strange girl with them. All was well for some time. One day an awful beast, a winged snake appeared in the mountain near the village one by one the pretty girls and women started to vanish. The villager knew that the Wyvern was snatching them to eat, and sent to their lord for help.

The lord scoffing at the tales of mythical beasts did nothing to help and slowly the villages around the mountain became empty and desolate. The Wyvern becoming bold one day snuck into the village and took all of the sisters and the strange girl. It carried them in a net made of gold deep into the mountains up onto a high ledge where it sat back to decide who to eat first.

Of the sisters there were three, the first the eldest was tall and strong she spent her days working in the fields with her mother her name was Aneko. The second sister was like a butterfly beautiful but flighty she spent her time collecting flowers and herbs and would one day become a great beauty and marry a lord her name was Cho. The last of the sisters was the most beautiful she was also the bravest having gone into a hole looking for her lost brother something that no-one else would try Emiko.

The last girl was strange she sat all day looking sad and crying she hardly ever spoke and when she did she said strange things, the villagers laughed at her and only Emiko would let her be, her name was Sanyu.

The Wyvern looked at the four mouthfuls and its mouth began to water such succulence could last it for several days, perhaps more if it hoarded them. Now Wyverns are like dragons in the fact the have some intelligence, it decided to eat the bravest of the girls and work out who was bravest by asking them questions.

“Now my little mouthfuls, my succulent morsels who shall I eat first?” Aneko and Cho screamed and buried their faces in their hands too frightened to speak. Emiko stepped forward.

“Leave us you vile Wyvern go eat fish like a good Wyvern should.” The Wyvern snorted it was long since a mere human had dared shout at it. This one would do, as it licked its chops it noticed the smallest of the girls, this one had not hid it’s face nor stood up and shouted in fact it seemed to scarcely notice the hideous beast. Ah thought the monster this one must be truly brave, it snapped the small girl up and swallowed her whole. Then it sat back.

Moments later there was a wet splotch of a noise and a small extremely angry girl shot out of the Wyvern killing it in an explosion of intestines. “Right that does it,” the bloody figure shouted, “first I fall down and break my leg, then I turn into a girl then some stupid monster tries to bloody eat me, I’m going home.” With that the small girl took one look at her sisters and stormed off down the mountain, the sisters after looking at each other in surprise gathered the golden net and followed…

JC

Notes:

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

up
58 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

cute, this could go manyways,

cute, this could go manyways, but it sounds like this new girl has some spec. abilities.

----------
Jenna

...

As far as this story goes thats it! Fin. However Sanyu is a supporting character in a story that I hope may one day be part of the Whately Academy stories, I didn't add that to the list of descriptions partly as the above isn't part and because I couldn't be bothered to find the disclaimer for non-canon stories :S

JC

The Legendary Lost Ninja

Bad Birdie.

The story says that Wyverns had some limited intelligence. I suppose the important word was limited. I like Sanyo. It may have taken a little urging to get her back to herself, but she has proved she is no slacker. She and her brave sister must have fondly lived together, happily, for a long time. I will keep an eye cocked, looking for the rest of this germinating , fun filled tale.