Dance, Dance, Dance: Full Moon -03-

Printer-friendly version

dancers

Dance, Dance, Dance

Full Moon

Chapter Three ~ Ruled By The Moon

By Jo Dora Webster

Will Denise be able to make it through the month without being touched by evil?

 



Chapter Three ~ Ruled By The Moon

[Monday Day Two of the Enchantment]

I awoke in a place that was both familiar and strange. It seemed to be the right place to be. Looking out the window from the bed I was laying on I saw the same view that I had woken to ever since we had moved in here. The tree branches framed the window as it overlooked the garden of our next door neighbor.

The bed that I was on was a four poster with a canopy made of white lace and the bedspread and the pillows that I lay on matched. The walls were now a lilac color with an accent wall of baby blue. My rustic furniture was gone replaced with an ornate dresser and chest of drawers and a matching desk replacing my utilitarian one.

In the place of my stack of stereo equipment and video equipment and games was a tasteful hutch complementing the rest of my furniture and in the place of my footlocker was something I had never dreamed would inhabit my room, a makeup table filled with all manner of cosmetics.

Of course the most important change was me, myself. I had long blond hair that draped across my shoulders and ran down my back. My view of my feet were blocked by a pair of breasts.I might have called them hooters before but when they were attached to me they were certainly not that. My waist was so thin and my hips wide and my feet and hands tiny. In short I was female.

You might have thought that I would be underneath the nightgown that I was wearing exploring the new horizons. However, somehow I knew what that would reveal and it seemed no more new and no more compelling to me than what it had replaced had been before.

I guessed that blessing was due to Miss Rebecca's efforts so that I would not waste time with idol curiosity and instead devote my effort to things that could really help. I offered a silent prayer of thanks that I was not engaged in such activities when a knock followed by Mom coming in to my bedside.

"Denise, I am glad that you are up and around. Rebecca explained to me that with all the changes that your body just needed a chance to recover which is why you have been asleep for so long."

"How long have I been out?"

"About 36 hours, it's noon of the day after you started. While you were sleeping we made a few changes so you would have comfortable surroundings for your new life."

"It's funny but I should be beside myself since so much has changed but it all feels normal to me."

"That's something that Rebecca added to the spell to help things. She did not want you to be overly concerned but someone in that circle had it out for you. They introduced something that would have given you an extreme sex drive. The safeguard to prevent a pregnant mother from disappearing and leaving a child an orphan would force you to be female permanently. Someone wanted to be very sure that you never got to be Dee Jay again."

"That's very scary, Momma. I thought that all those girls were my friends. I had not had any contact with the ones not on our squad so I couldn't have dome something to them."

"Rebecca was able to cancel that addition. The only thing that Rebecca was sure is that it did not come from Hailey but it could have come from one of the other five. Ordinarily she would have been able to tell exactly where it came from but there was a very high power source in one of the girls in the circle that masked the origin. Rebecca didn't think Hailey would have been able to accomplish the spell without the person who was the source of that tremendous power."

"But Rebecca took care of it, right? Is that it and where is Rebecca?"

"For now things are settled and Rebecca put some protection in the spell that will make it impossible for someone to increase your sex drive now through majick. However, they could spell someone else and place you in a compromising position as a result of their actions. Rebecca put some wards in place that will alert the person from her circle who is coming to replace her if you get near someone under a spell that might be trouble."

"That's a relief, Momma. But where is Rebecca?"

"Rebecca flew home on a military jet to meet with her circle about what happened. She won't be back but she sent Alicia to take her place. This is the same Alicia, who is a transwoman, who was going to come to help with issues that Kendra can't help you with.

"Thank you Momma. I don't know anyone who would have it out for me to ruin my life by trying to get me pregnant. I guess it is true what they say about no good deed going unpunished."

"Alicia and I will be watching out for you. You'll meet Alicia soon. Hopefully, we will make sure that they don't succeed."

"Mom, did Rebecca tell you why I feel so normal being a girl? This situation should have me really uncomfortable with my body and aroused at my own appearance."

"She said that the spell had a kind of training wheels phase to get you through the first half of the month. That effect, while it is present, will override what you really feel and perceive."

"Why did they include that just to start?"

"You need to fit in as a girl now for the cheerleading squad to be able to enter the competition and the 'training wheels' will help you do that. Not only do you feel as though you were born a girl but you'll have knowledge and skills that a girl your age would have."

"How will I get through the second half of the month when this all fades away?"

"If you are really a girl inside, the comfort with being female won't go away since that will be a real part of you. Otherwise you'll just have to cope as best you can. Remember that you were told that if you became really uncomfortable with the situation that Hailey could cut your time as a girl short."

"I guess my mimicking ability will help me get through the last part of the month with what I learn the first part."

"That's what we counted on. While you won't automatically know how to do things or know some information, those are things that you can learn or be helped with either for the remaining time till you become a boy again."

"Oh goodness gracious! What about my period? When will I get it and how will I cope with it?"

"You had the remainder of your first period while you were unconscious following the transformation so you won't have to deal with your period much unless you remain a girl for more than the month."

"No offence, Momma, but I'm glad of that especially since the last half of the month I will have to cope on my own."

"That's okay Sweetie. You'll have plenty of time to get used to it if you remain a girl."

"Oh Joy! Although I guess that not having a period means being barren and I wouldn't want to be deprived of the ability to bear a child if I were female."

"Like everything it has its upside and downside but I personally feel that the upside is the best. I would not trade anything for the experience of feeling you growing inside me. It was well worth any sacrifice."

I wondered if she had given up being a guy to be pregnant with me. I was still not ready to ask her how come she knew so much about this kind of spell. Even if that were not her sacrifice, it felt good that she felt that bringing me into the world was worth any sacrifice.

"Thank you Mother I love you too! So when do I get to meet Alicia?"

"She's here in the guest room sleeping. She stayed up,watching over you, last night while I slept."

"I feel good. Is there any reason why I should remain in bed? "

"Both Rebecca and Alicia have told me that when you felt like getting up then you could.If you are stuck not knowing how to do something just relax, let go and the 'training wheels' will get you through it."

"Then I guess I'll get up now, Momma"

"I'll give you some privacy. Come down to the kitchen when you are finished getting ready. Do you feel up to having Hailey and Chelsea over? They asked to be called when you woke up."

"I'd love to see Hailey and Chelsea. You can let them know I'm awake and invite them over."

"Thank you, Denise, I'll invite them. Take care." Momma left my room closing the door behind her.

I did as she suggested and let go. Before long I was bathed, dressed and sitting at my dressing table putting on my makeup. I was amazed at how much those training wheels were capable of and if I needed to know something it just came to me. This was a very vital thing to have since I only needed to know those dance routines to perfection. Of course that's what got me into this situation in the first place.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and it was apparent that I was a cheerleader. My appearance, what I wore and how I held myself, all screamed cheerleader. But could I move like a cheerleader in my new body?

I had enough room for one of the routines. I danced through it without any problem at all with all the joy and excitement that I had danced with before the change. If anything, my dancing was even better since I better fit the mold of the people that the routines were designed in mind.

I had heard Momma let Hailey and Chelsea in while I was getting ready. I knew they were waiting for me and a mischievous thought took hold of my mind. What was I going to do for my grand entrance?

When I came in sight of the kitchen, I did a tumbling run and ended perched before them in a perfect one-point landing.

"Denise! Please save that for practice!" Momma tried to maintain the stern look she delivered the rebuke in but it soon dissolved into a giggle.

"I'm so proud of you! I don't want you to be hurt so I would appreciate it if you restrained yourself till you can get to a safe place to practice."

"I will Momma."

"Wow Denise! No doubt about it! You are a cheerleader for sure! No one will be able to touch us in the competition with us together as a unit."

"Thank you Hailey. You girls do good work! Thank you too, Chelsea, for coming and for your part in it. I had no idea as much as we practiced together that you were into something that powerful."

"You are so welcome, Denise. It's not something that we talk a whole lot about due to the prejudice. You might have never known the power we have if Jenna's departure had been after the competition."

"So how goes the hacking, Hailey? Can Denise show up in public now?"

"Oh yeah! The fix is in! Dee Jay has transfer papers for a special boarding school in a secret location where he will be doing special studies. That place is so exclusive that it is likely that no one will would be able to see him since they don't have any public exhibitions scheduled for the next month."

"That takes care of Dee Jay, where does Denise come from?"

"Dee Jay's twin, Denise, who was with her father when he died in China was finally released from being a ward of the state there and has just arrived to live with her mother. Denise is registered at school and they are expecting her to begin classes tomorrow."

"What happens when Dee Jay comes back after the competition? "

"Denise will be transferred to the boarding school and Dee Jay will resume classes here."

"Denise, I don't want you stuck in a boarding school. Wouldn't it be okay if you just stayed here and Dee Jay never came back?"

"Chelsea, I don't have any control of what happens with the spell. Even if I became Dee Jay again, I would be your friend like before."

"Denise, she is still upset about Jenna leaving. With Dee Jay in the costume mostly, Chelsea thought of Dee Jay as a girlfriend. Now that you are here, she doesn't want to have to confront the reality that would happen if you changed back."

"Chelsea, let's make the most of this time. If we plan things right we can do lots of things to enjoy ourselves and make good memories."

"Thank you Denise.I'd like that very much. You know I liked you as Dee Jay but I feel like you are perfect as Denise."

"Being Denise feels pretty good to me right now too, Chelsea. In life sometimes you have to wait and see how things turn out."

"Mrs. Russell. We have the gym reserved for cheerleader practice. If Denise is up to it, could she come with us now and we could work on the routines."

"I believe that would be okay girls if Denise feels up to it. I have some things to tend to at school so I could give you girls a ride."

"I feel up to it Momma. Even with my talent, I'm not exactly like Jenna so practice will eliminate any rough edges we have before the competition."

"Thank you for the ride Mrs. Russell.I'll call Star and Kendra and have them meet us there."

"No problem, girls! I'm really glad to help!"

Momma winked at me and I guessed that since I as Denise was now officially sorted that she was going to follow through on her plans to become a stage mother. This should be fun!

The ride to the school was uneventful and Momma let the three of us out by the gym before she parked in the visitor's parking. Inside Star and Kendra jumped out and yelled, "Surprise!"

The gym was decorated in streamers with the team colors, green and white. There was a big banner draped along the back wall declaring, 'Welcome Home Denise!'

As I tried to take this all in, I choked up with emotion and cried tears of joy. The four girls disappeared into the locker room for a while. Finally they emerged in their cheerleader uniforms.

They all paraded out in formation and they carried between them a fifth cheerleader uniform which had my name embroidered on it! As they marched along they sung the school's original song when it was originally Lamur High School instead of Lamur Institute which changed when they added the Junior College classes.

"When the Green and the White are flowing over our dear LHS

Your name in fame we are shouting, As we cheer you to success.

As we march unfaltering forward, Your future great we hail,

May your glory never lessen and your courage never fail.

Lamur, Honor

Lamur, Glory

Lamur High School

Lamur High we praise your name

When the Green and the White are flowing over our dear LHS

Your name in fame we are shouting, As we cheer you to success.

As we march unfaltering forward, Your future great we hail,

May your glory never lessen and your courage never fail."

Together they presented to me, my uniform. I took it back to the locker room and as I put it on it seemed that I was born to wear that uniform. I proudly returned to join them, knowing that I now completely belonged to the squad.

Hailey cut short the compliments and got us into the routines. I know it wasn't just me but it seemed like now we were ten times better executing the routines than when Jenna was part of the group. I believe it had something to do with everyone giving it their all. It was as though in order to have a chance to participate at all that they must give their maximum effort.

Two hours flew by quickly but by the end of it, we all knew that we were a lock to win the competition. The girls were surprised to have the Head Mistress of the School enter the gym accompanied by my mother.

"Denise, I am Headmistress Lacon! Welcome to Lamur Institute. Girls I have come to a decision following the disruption that occurred when Jenna left the cheerleading squad. You really need adult supervision but there is not enough money to pay a staff member for added duties. Fortunately , Mrs. Russell has volunteered to step into that capacity. She has a great background in cheerleading and will provide coaching from her experience." I'd like for you girls to welcome Mrs. Russell as the new Lamur Institute Cheerleading Coach!"

"Coach Russell, would you like to address your cheerleading squad?"

"Thank you, Headmistress Lacon! Ladies, I am proud to be your new coach. I feel a part of you already through Dee Jay and now through Denise. Our team has been in a state of flux with Jenna's and Dee Jay's departures. I'd like to extend my personal welcome to Chelsea and Denise as they join our squad. I'd like to thank our cheerleader captain, Hailey and continuing members, Kendra and Star for their outgoing service and spirit.

"Ladies, you all look so good in your uniforms. I include you in that too Chelsea since your mascot costume is your uniform. Chelsea, you are just as important to the team success of this team as any other member. The smiles and enthusiasm on your faces show me that even with all the changes, you are all cohesive as a unit. Each of you are committed to the success of this team."

"We have a competition to win in two weeks. I know that you will do the school proud."

"I'll leave you ladies in Coach Russell's capable hands. Good luck to us all!"

Headmistress Lacon left the Gym and we were alone before Momma spoke again.

"Hailey please put the squad through all the competition routines from beginning to end. Ladies show me what you've got!"

This is what I was waiting for in order to show that I was a real part of the team now. I did not disappoint myself or any of the others. We all shone as bright stars moving as one. I guess that having gone through so much to bring us to this point made us so cohesive. We executed each stunt with precision and grace. What we were doing was art, just like ballet, in the way that we all fluidly moved.

"Hailey, since you are familiar with the squad's previous performance, I'd value your evaluation, please."

"I am very proud of each one of the squad for the advances that each had made. I don't know if we ever were this good before. Yet it took all that had come before to bring us to this day. But we are not satisfied with our performance and we want to make our best, better."

Finally the competition routines were over and I returned from the dreamlike state that I was in. The euphoria was contagious and it showed on everyone's face, even Momma's face.

Momma called us all together. We all sat in a circle, cross-legged on the gym floor.

"Ladies, I am proud of each and every one of you. Your work today has been excellent! I want to congratulate all of you. My main task for the time leading up to the competition is for you to keep the skill and enthusiasm that you just showed in your performance today. I want you to show the competition judges what you've just showed to me and you will overwhelm them all!"

Hailey asked what was on all of our minds. "Coach, how will we do that?"

Momma asked, "You all want to do well in the competition, don't you?"

I and the rest of the girls answered in unison, enthusiastically, "Yes, Coach!"

"I'm glad to hear that, ladies, because I'm starting some changes for the time leading up to the competition. After that we'll adjust depending on the needs of the team.

"One! You will all have a strict curfew of 9:30 PM. You will need to get to bed earlier because you will have some new preschool activities as a group to attend.

"Two! Until the competition, there will be no one on one dating, but group dating will be allowed and encouraged. I know this is an imposition, but we have so little time to iron out our group dynamics. You all know that even in the best conditions, boyfriends can be a problem. This is the one rule that will be gone after the competition, so take heart in that.

"Three! You all gained a new set of pre-school group activities. I was able to get some of the businesses in town to donate funds to pay for those in exchange for some promotional considerations after we win the competition. Each day at 7 a.m. you'll have a different activity. The school is furnishing a van that I will be driving to pick you up at your homes and take you to the activities and to school afterward.

"Monday will be ballet.

"Tuesday will be strength conditioning.

"Wednesday will be jazz Dance.

"Thursday will be gymnastics.

"Friday will be ballroom Dancing.

"Saturday will be a special team building activity.

"Sunday will be Yoga."

"Anyone may be excused for an activity in order to participate in the spiritual endeavor of their choice. Our goal is that we will build strength physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually. Strong individuals in synergy make a strong team.

"Four! We'll cut the practice time after school because you will have the morning sessions for conditioning and we will be suspending learning any more routines 'til after the competition. This will give you all plenty of time to get your homework done before curfew and for some group activities that you yourselves can plan.

"That's all the rules though I reserve the right to add some more if we need them.

"I know that each of you is going to sacrifice and have your lives upset for this period. When you see yourselves in a place where you can do your best for the competition, I'm sure you will agree that it will be worth it.

"Are there any questions?"

There was a deafening silence from all of us as we tried to take in what my mother had just told us.

"Alright ladies, that is it for today. I've kept you all too long already. Remember curfew at 9:30 p.m. starting tonight. Team dismissed! Hailey, could you stay a moment?"

Hailey nodded and I looked questioningly at Momma to get a clue what I was expected to do since she was my ride. Hailey and I joined the others getting to our feet but Hailey stood opposite my Mother while the others headed for the door. I wasn't sure what to do but my mother finally cleared that up by speaking.

"Denise, you can hear this too because it concerns you."

"Thanks Momma, I mean, Coach!"

"You meant Momma but that's something that we both are going to have to get used to ourselves."

"Hailey, I wanted to explain to you that I'm not trying to usurp your role as Captain. I need you in that role, especially now. How do you feel that the girls will respond to those restrictions?"

"Coach, you know that we'll do what ever it takes for us to win. I'm not sure how to answer them when they ask me why?"

"I did it for our weakest link, Denise. She's the best fit under the circumstances but it is different being a substitute instead of being on the squad. You all look good under perfect conditions but when tested each individual and the team as a whole will react according to their gifts and experience."

"So the morning activities are to test ourselves under different conditions where we can learn to be successful and work on any challenges revealed. Of course the curfew is partially because you had to pack our schedules and the no-dating is because Denise is vulnerable but isolating her would be worse. You already explained that with the cross training in the morning, we'd already have our conditioning training so that could be cut out of our practice sessions. Did I get it right?"

"You get a 100! And when you explain it, especially about the dating and curfew, how will they react?"

"They'll all want to support you in providing a safe environment for Denise. She's made such a sacrifice in being a girl for a month to help us win. The least we can do is to join her in solidarity to give up dating and going out nights. No offence Denise, but being a hot girl and dealing with boys is perplexing and upsetting even with the maturity that we have."

"I will admit that going from being an ordinary boy to a very hot girl is a real challenge. I'm glad that you and the rest of the squad are going to keep me busy and not leave me alone with any of them."

"There is one more surprise for Chelsea that I did not reveal to the team at the request of your mother, Hailey. In fact she's probably talking to Chelsea about it now. Chelsea's educational aptitude is such that she is not being challenged by the work she is doing now. Chelsea is getting an early promotion to High School Freshman. With some work this summer, she will be a sophomore next year too.

"Chelsea and Denise will have all their classes together. They will be able to help each other and Denise will have someone she trusts to help her through any issues she may encounter at school.

"I'm going to rely on both of you to not spill the beans inadvertently so Chelsea is properly surprised. So now I have let you in on the rest of it, what do you think, Hailey?"

"Coach I am glad you are on our side. I believe our chances have improved greatly with your guidance to do well. I can't believe that soon our dream that was thought impossible will come true! Thank you, Coach!"

"You are welcome Hailey! Go join your mother and sister. Denise and I are going home so I can give her some well deserved TLC after such a momentous first day out for her."

Hailey almost ran to the door but she always moved with such grace that it didn't really seem like running. Momma and I walked briskly behind Hailey to follow her. When we were through the door, we got to see a euphoric Chelsea get out and greet her sister with a big hug and kiss. Chelsea blurted out the news and she received another hug and kiss from a joyous Hailey. Chelsea called out to me with the news as well.

"I get to be a freshman and be in all of your classes. This is going to be so awesome. What are you going to wear tomorrow for our first day of school?"

"Congratulations Chelsea! I'm glad that you will be around to help me. We'll have so much fun together. I'm not sure what to wear tomorrow. Maybe you could help me pick something out?"

"Mother is giving me the look so I guess I have to go. Call me and we'll work something out!"

"I will Chelsea! Bye for now!"

Momma and I grinned at each other as soon as they had driven off. We got into the car and were on our way home before we relaxed enough to talk for real.

"You were awesome, Momma!"

"The actual coaching would be the same even without you being my brand new daughter. When you lose one member and have two substitutes stepping up, you have to try to pack a lot of experience in a small time. My coach restricted us to no dating and going out late before our championship competition. When one girl has her heart broken, even one who has experienced it before, it is difficult for the team to perform their best."

"Thank you, Momma!"

"After we win the competition, it will be different. Headmistress Lacon had already hired a coach for next year for both the High School and Junior College Cheerleading squads."

"How is that going to work?"

"Fortunately, since she is currently working as assistant athletic director at a junior college, she has permission to use her vacation for the two weeks following the competition. She will assume her new coaching duties right after the competition and I'll be her assistant. Just prepared to be grounded after the competition to take the place of the team rules which will be expiring. "

"Having you watching over me especially after the competition will be worth any added things you have to send my way. Because it is coming from you, I know that eventually it will be for my good so I'll do it cheerfully."

"I'm glad you know me so well, Denise, and that this won't come between us. I'd do anything for you, my sweet daughter!"

All I could do right then was to call out, "Oh Mother!" and roll my eyes at her with a great big smile.

We had a real mother / daughter moment when we got out of the car at our home since we shared that big hug and kiss that I had wanted to give her just a few moments before while we were still driving.

"Denise, Alicia should be up by now and I am sure she will have a lot of things that she would like to say to you. Please stay in the living room and I'll go up and check on her and bring her down to visit with you."

"Sure, Momma!"

I gave her a big smile and skipped into the living room and curled up my legs underneath me sitting on the middle of the couch and getting comfortable. I waited in the living room and soon Momma and another woman appeared and each took a seat on the couch on either side of me. The woman took my hands in hers and smiled a huge smile at me.

"You must be Denise and I'm Alicia! I'm so glad to meet you again! The last time that I saw you, you were a newborn before your parents moved away from us. The military had reassigned your father."

"Yes! I'm Denise! I'm very glad to meet you, Alicia. Thank you so much for helping us."

"It's my pleasure, Denise. We should get down to business. I'm sure your mother told you that Rebecca was called away suddenly on another matter or she would be here helping in person. She was able to brief me on what she knew about what transpired in the circle and your mother has said she's told you some of what Rebecca found out already. But in helping Rebecca to recall her experience in more detail we discovered some more."

"What was it that you found out?" I surprised myself in the very enthusiastic and little girl way that I asked that of Alicia.

"The circle you participated in for your transformation is not really Wiccan at all. They go through some of the motions but their methodology and practice is not Wiccan, but instead is just a girl's club. The only exception is Hailey."

"How is Hailey different?"

"Hailey could be a Wiccan if guided because she has the aptitude. She has discernment of spirits and she can craft a spell. However, she has no real spiritual connection to the others in 'the club', which is what I am going to call their circle from now on. She can't tap into the power."

"Is there any more about the mystery girl who was the real power in 'the club'?"

Our mystery girl is not a Wiccan either because she is able to break the 'Do no harm' rule at will. She is dangerous since she is able to tap into a source of great Majick and working through Hailey to craft the spell. She is able to incorporate destructive elements of her own into the spell as well without any Wiccan 'Do no harm' protections. "

"Wow, Alicia! That is a lot more that you were able to bring out of Rebecca from her memories of what happened. How is it that you are so skilled doing that?"

"It's one of my gifts that I use regularly. My vocation which I am partially taking a leave from is the law. I help my clients tell me things that they don't know that they know and that helps me help them. It's a talent that has expressed itself, using the majick of Rebecca's circle"

"Wow! A lawyer? How are you able to drop everything and help me, Alicia?"

"I'm not dropping everything, Denise. I'm doing some legal papers from here but I'm getting another partner in my firm to do the courtroom appearances 'til my part in helping you directly is over."

"I'm so glad for your help, Alicia. Thank you so much." I got up and gave Alicia a big hug and I reveled in the freedom that I had to do that for both of us.

"Even when things get back to what passes for normal and I'm back west at home, I want you to be free to call me any time of the day or night and I will help. I can do a lot over the phone when it's just normal problems and not paranormal problems like we have right now."

"Thank you Alicia. You're a good friend to my mother and I. Is the next part getting me to recall things I don't realize that I know from my encounter with 'the club'?"

"That's right, Denise! We are going to have to try to determine the identities of those other members of 'the club' and find out who is the real malevolent power that tried to sabotage the spell that Hailey wove about you while you were in the center of them."

"Well, I know that of the seven that I saw five of them. Of those five, three I know who they are which were Rebecca, Hailey and Chelsea. The other two seemed that they were also the type of girls who were likely to be cheerleaders but they did not go to our high school. I had never met them before and we were not introduced. The remaining two of the seven had their backs to me as I passed between them stepping into the center of the circle and I did not have a chance to turn since things began as soon as I had taken my place in the center."

"Did you see anything that stands out of the portion of them that you did see?"

"One was a blonde and the other a brunette."

"That's good, Denise. You got rather close to them passing between them. Did you notice any distinctive smells?"

"The blonde was wearing Shalimar and the brunette was wearing, White Diamonds."

"You are doing great Denise. As you were going past were there any small details that stand out as you reconsider them?"

"Yes the blonde had a tattoo on her shoulder and the brunette was wearing a special charm bracelet."

"Think intensely, Denise. Did you actually see their faces for a moment in your peripheral vision as you passed?"

"I did! I did!"

"Who were they?"

"The blonde girl was Kendra and the brunette was Star!"

"Excellent work Denise! We now know five of the seven girls who were present that night. And you can identify the other two by their faces. All we need to do is put a name with those faces. Your mother is helping with that task."

"Sweetie, getting to know those girls is a benefit of the morning classes. I've bought what they will think are complimentary passes for some of our morning classes and given them to the cheerleader coaches in Vaughnville to distribute to their squads."

"Can we get photos of those girls so I can pick out the girls that I saw?"

"I'm putting together a series of magazine articles about all the cheerleading squads in the area and they have given me team photographs to use in the articles. We'll go over those photos with you later. The girls we want to identify have to be somewhere in the area to be able to slip away to attend those midnight meetings. Once we have established who they are we can find out through the girls on the squad what they know about them too."

"What about the mystery of the blank space in the circle that Rebecca filled?"

"Rebecca was told that Jenna was a part of 'the club' and that they had not had a chance to fill her spot since she had left. Denise be careful because since all the rest of the squad is in 'the club' they might offer to you the spot. You don't have to be in the center to be affected by rogue spells like they are doing. Just being part of the circle would be enough to open yourself to another spell. Let us know if they approach you for that and we'll try to find an out for you or some way to protect you."

"I will, Alicia and thanks. Unless I'm really a girl in spirit or I do something to keep me a girl, the next time for a full moon will be when I would be changing back to Dee Jay. Won't that make the point moot?"

"If they were true Wiccan, since there isn't a sacred day in this month. That would be true but our rogue sorceress isn't drawing power the way Wiccan do so they could get together on any day. That they did your spell on the full moon was just fortunate timing so that the sorceress could remain undetected more easily."

"Can we change the subject for a second and tell me if this question is a bit too personal, Alicia."

"Ask away, Denise! My being a transwoman is part of the reason that I am here too. Is that what you wanted to talk about?"

"Alicia, your friends love you and would do what is best for you and from what I could tell from speaking to both you and Rebecca, making things natural for you is something they would be capable of and Rebecca said she had encountered the spell that Hailey used on me before."

"Simply put Denise, we did use that spell on another of our friends and I saw the result. There is a price to pay in order to gain that natural body and the price was too great for me. Remember, why Rebecca originally wanted to put you in touch with me before she was called away?"

"It was because Kendra, even though she had gone through the same spell, was not going to be very much help to me even though she would try. Why was that again?'

"It is because of the price that is exacted upon the person transformed in the name of doing no harm. Reality is reformed so that the person was never a transwoman. Their original identity is lost because in the new reality they were never a transwoman and always born ordinary. They may have memories as data of their old life but they are meaningless because they literally happened to another person who no longer existed. Kendra's help that she could give is limited because things that happened to Ken literally did not happen to her."

"You didn't go through the spell because you didn't want to lose who you were. You would essentially die and be reborn a completely different person. And if I am female in spirit or I do something that forces me to remain female then that will happen to me. I will cease to exist."

"Not completely, Denise. The new you will be created from your essence but it will be a blank slate. You can take love from one life into another so it can be a worthwhile sacrifice to make. I saw this happen firsthand with one of my friends and an all encompassing love sustained her in her new life. I have not encountered such a love in my life yet to risk the spell which is why I am still a transwoman."

"Thank you for sharing that with me, Alicia. It helps me to understand the stakes and that this person who we are seeking really wants to obliterate me from this life. If it happens I know that I have your love Mother and perhaps that can help me bridge from this life to the next."

"You have my love Dee Jay now and forever and nothing can change that! It does not matter if you are Dexter Jacob or Denise Janice, I'll love you forever. You are my world!"

Mom and I hugged and stayed together for what seemed like an eternity. I sobbed tears of joy for my Mother's great love for me and mine for her and she did the same. Finally as we broke the hug, Alicia was there with tissues for both of us.

"I can see through your example, ladies, what real love is all about. I guess we are finished here except that if you are up to looking at those photos, Denise, we can have all the pieces to the puzzle available and we can see what we can do putting them together and finding more of the pieces."

"I'm up for that! Bring on the pictures and I'll pick out the other two girls!"

Momma composed herself and brought the pictures. Alicia excused herself as we made ourselves comfortable in front of the computer screen that the pictures were displayed.

More and more, I got the feeling that Momma was the friend who got caught pregnant after the spell and the result was me. I'm not ready to ask her about it yet. This was the perfect time to volunteer the information if Momma was ready. I guess I will only have my intuition for now. I went through each picture and finally I had the two girls identified and I shared my findings with Momma and Alicia.

"I know who the two girls are! One is identified as Veronica Fielder who is a junior and a cheerleader at Parson High School in nearby Vaughnville and Sabrina Wright, who is also a junior and a cheerleader at Townsend High School also in Vaughnville."

"That's great work Denise! They both should have gotten passes from their coaches so we'll be able to get to know them and I will find a way to slip them some additional passes 'til we find out what we need to know about them."

"We, Mother?"

"Of course I'll be there, Sweetie. You don't think I'll just be waiting in the car for you girls. I'll be in the classes too and I can add my observations to yours."

"I was just kidding, Momma! I'm glad to have you there and I want you there." Alicia came in and rejoined us after her errand.

"I knew that, Denise. I'll always be there for you when you need me. Alicia?"

"While you were looking at the photos, I was on the phone with my friend and our computer expert, Jennifer. The reason that we haven't heard from her before now is that Star knows her stuff and she didn't miss a trick with the hacking so you are completely covered in your new identity, Denise." She paused for a moment as if she was composing her thoughts.

"What is it Alicia?"

"One price that the military exacted on Rebecca for borrowing one of their fastest jets to get home was for her to use her influence with Jennifer to get her to look into some computer breaches of the base computers. It's the kind of thing that she has to be on site for so Jennifer accepted a contract to look into things right here at Lamur AFB."

"Denise, you are going to love Jennifer. I'm glad that she will be able to help too."

Jennifer is a single mother who is bringing her son, Richard with her. Richard is a junior and a star baseball player on his current team who will be attending Lamur Institute with you Denise."

"Is Richard cute? Goodness was that my outside voice?"

"Richard is very cute, Denise. I would appreciate it if you would befriend him. He has had to move around a lot before Jennifer adopted him. He's shy and has trouble meeting real friends at a new place even though he's an upperclassman. With your new status as a cheerleader, you could do a lot towards Richard being accepted and settling in here."

"You know, I need all the friends that I can get so of course I'll be Richard's friend. When is Richard's first day at Lamur?"

"They are here and getting settled right now so I would expect Richard to be in school tomorrow."

"Speaking of school, look at the time, young lady. Don't you have a curfew?"

"Yes Coach! I'll go right up and get ready for bed. Could you come tuck me in like you did before I thought I was too big for it? I would really like it if you would now."

"Sure Denise. Go get ready for bed and I will be up in a little bit to tuck you in."

I got up and left the room. As I was going up the stairs to my room, I heard whispers coming from the living room as Momma and Alicia talked. I really like Alicia. She is really smart and has helped me a lot already. It was easy to get ready for bed. I just relaxed and went on automatic and everything went well. Soon I was in my nightie and ready for Momma to tuck me in.

I said my prayers and wondered if I had a guardian angel watching over me. Could it be that is why I heard what I did in the circle? I am certain now, what they were really singing was something Celtic and old. I'm thankful for anyone looking out for me when 'the club', led by that mystery girl, is out to get me.

Momma came in and gave me a kiss and tucked me in like when I was little. I felt so secure and comfortable that I knew that sleep would take me soon.


up
125 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Stalking DeeJ

Jamie Lee's picture

Why would one of the girls want DeeJ to stay a girl by the additional spell they tried to use?

Does that girl hate boys for some reason? Was she attacked, raped, or something else which caused the hate to develop?

Or is she in love with DeeJ but only if she stays a girl?

The fact a girl is after DeeJ seems to only be the tip of the real problem that's being hidden.

Others have feelings too.

One of the characters Need Dee Jay to remain Denise

Hi Jamie,

One of the characters in "The Club" indeed want Dee Jay to stay Denise but there is something more to it as well. The hidden real person behind the club also has motivation given by the entity which powers "The Club". Denise is a love interest for one of the members of "The Club" but not Dee jay. They fell in love with Dee Jay's Amy and long to make Denise real and permanent so their love affair can blossom and continue beyond the month.

Jo Dora Webster