Not a writer but I couldn't resist - Dammit!

Printer-friendly version
image_7.jpg
Dorothy, why did you have to challenge us to start a story with…

"Such a sweet girl."

I'm sure the old lady meant that as a compliment but I'm a boy dammit! Just one wearing an orange mini dress with a clashing red apron!

Should have known with the boss's eyesight that the uniform would be gross but I was desperate for any job. I turned up for an interview with Mr Han Lee at his Brooklyn restaurant only to find he was half-blind and assumed I was a girl just because I'm short with long hair.

He had my application right in front of him dammit! Who ever heard of a girl called Max!

With apologies to "Two Broke Girls "


Rhona McCloud

up
101 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Up for a Challenge?

Christina H's picture

Hey, this is good, for such a short piece its succinct and to the point - you go girl!

Now for a new Challenge!

Have you ever thought of writing a story max 500 words and submitting it to
Hutcho for the next mixed tapes edition?

Christina

snerks

giggle-snorts ...

DogSig.png

snerks

giggle-snorts ...

DogSig.png

Maxine

joannebarbarella's picture

Simple really,

Joanne

If Max(imilliano) had only thought of that…

Rhona McCloud's picture

… he wouldn't now be working as a waitress in a Brooklyn restaurant Joanne.
On the positive side the cupcake business with Caroline shows promise

Rhona McCloud

Teehee

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

*giggles*

Well Maybe He will get better tips dressed that way.

*giggles some more*
~Hypatia >i< ..:::

You've dipped your toe. So when do you take the full plunge?

That sounds like a real start. I hope you add more. How did Max find the job? What were his expectations? What was his first reaction to having to work in a dress? Is he dressing differently is not his non working life? What do his friends and relatives think? Is he getting any stick?. Is he enjoying it? That last one was a silly question wasn't it?

So may avenues to explore. And so many words to read. No pressure though eh?.. :D

I'm delighted to see you have a go, and from what I see so far, you put words together really well.

That Uniform

Daphne Xu's picture

That uniform clashes gloriously. I wonder how many young men come, simply to see the workers in their uniform.

It looks as though you're a writer now.

-- Daphne Xu