Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 2421

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike, est. 2007)
Part 2421
by Angharad

Copyright© 2014 Angharad
All Rights Reserved.
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

“How did Ms Sharon Stone get my name?”

“Oh, she did it then?” Julie blushed a lovely shade of crimson.

“Is that a rhetorical question?”

“Look, I only cut her hair.”

“And very nice the cut was, too,” I lied, I hadn’t looked beyond the long bleached locks.

“Yeah, well it was quiet and she started talking about all this surgery she’d had and then revealed she used to be a man.”

“You sound as if it was a surprise.”

“It was, I hadn’t spotted her.”

“And why did you tell her about me?”

“I didn’t exactly, she told me she taught at the university and I said my mum did too. She asked who you were in case she knew you—well how was I to know?”

“Go on,” I kept a serious face.

“I said you were a biologist. So she said about one of them making a delightful film about dormice, an’ I said, ‘That’s my mum.’ I didn’t say anything else, honest.”

“I suppose it’s not that hard to find me from that information. Why did you tell her you were trans?”

“I couldn’t believe she was and she didn’t think I was, and it just popped out.”

“Be very careful, next time it could be used against you.”

“There won’t be a next time, don’t worry. She’s good though, isn’t she?”

“Julie, she’s had so much plastic surgery that if she went out in the sun there’d be a danger she’d melt.”

“I thought she looked rather elegant.”

“For a robot.”

“What?” gasped Julie.

“There’s something wrong with her, no one has all that done if they’re normal.”

“I did wonder if she had a surgery fetish.”

“Surgery fetish, unless she has a friend who’s the surgeon, she must be very wealthy or heavily in debt.”

“I think she’s quite well off, Old Etonian, that sort of thing.”

“She’d need to be, she’s had possibly a hundred thousand pounds worth of alterations—that was more than the extension on this house.”

“Crikey, I didn’t think it was that much.”

“There’s barely anything above the knees she hasn’t had altered.”

“And below.”

“I don’t recall her talking about anything there.”

“She had her bunions sorted.”

“Did she indeed?”

“Insisted on showing me, very neat job.”

“I cannot believe anyone who has that much surgery done will ever find true happiness.”

“Why d’you say that, Mum?”

“Trying to achieve perfection.”

“Nothing wrong with that, is there?”

“It’s impossible.”

“Is it, I thought Sharon looked pretty good.”

“She can’t smile or her face would crack.”

“You menopausal or something?” Julie flung at me.

“Very funny.”

“Well you seem exceptionally bitchy today.”

“She asked me if I would become patron of the university LGBT group.”

“When would you have time to do that?”

“That was my main escape route.”

“Not surprised. She didn’t say she was going to see you.”

“She tried to use the fact that I had a trans daughter to involve me in her group.”

“She hasn’t done her homework very well has she?”

“She seemed to imply she thought I was naturally female.”

“She seemed to think that about me as well, she doesn’t have much in the way of recognising other trans people does she?”

“What sort of trans gaydar?”

“Yeah.”

“Having said that, some of the youngsters put on blockers and hormones early, will be indistinguishable from bio females.”

“Not to mention one or two oldies as well,” she smirked at me.

“I can see signs.”

“What, on you?”

“Yes, who else?”

“C’mon then, show me,” Julie dared me.

“My hips are narrow.”

“I’ve seen you in a bikini—they aren’t.”

“My head is too big.”

“No it isn’t, you wear hats and they fit okay.”

“My feet are too big.”

“Rubbish, you take a size six, so do loads of other women.”

“Could she be a plant?”

“What like in dahlia?”

“No you nit, as in pretending to be one thing while really being another, and why?”

“Is this normal paranoia, or special delusional variety.”

“Jules, did you pick up on her being anything but normal and female?”

“No I didn’t ’till she told me.”

“No, neither did I, so what does she want?”

“I dunno.”

We were in my study and I called up the university web page and looked through the departments. In media studies there was no member of that faculty called Sharon Stone.

“Who was she then?”

“I have no idea, nor what she wanted but I suspect she knew who you were and her telling you about herself was total garbage to lull you into a false sense of trust. After all, when someone tells you they’re TS it often causes you to reveal as well, even if you weren’t planning on it. So presumably, she found a couple of leaflets and carried them around to give her credibility. I didn’t see an ID badge, though I don’t always wear mine.”

“What did she want?”

“I have no idea, but there had to be a reason for her wanting to see me, or my office.”

“Gramp’s old office?”

“Yes.”

“Nothing much to see, is there?”

“Not that I’m aware of, but let’s have a word with the font of all knowledge...”

“Ye’re jokin’, ye think she came by tae look inside ma office?”

“I can’t think of anything else.”

“Better speak tae security t’morrow.”

“I will. I think I’ll have a word with the police as well.”

“Aye, guid idea.”

“If we had a photo it would help,” I lamented.

“Ye shud hae ain, there’s CCTV in reception.”

“I was never told about that,” it was too late to stand on my dignity.

“Aye, well we only put it there to see hoo early ye knocked off.”

“I’ll speak with Delia tomorrow.”

“No ye won’t, it’s Saturday t’morrow.”

“Okay I won’t.”

He smiled. “I’ll show ye where thae down loads are.”

“Thanks, Daddy, I knew you’d be useful for something one of theses day.”

“Ye cheeky wee nyaff. Clear off afore I skelp yer lug.”

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
202 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Wots stewing now?

I wonder what the woman is up to now?

Gwen

No Rest for the Weary

littlerocksilver's picture

The sharks keep circling. No wonder Cathy's paranoid. She has good reasons to be. It will be interesting to see how legit Sharon Stone is. Well, we already know that she's not. Why?

Portia

Hope there is a good clear

Hope there is a good clear photo or two of the mysterious Ms. Sharon Stone. Wonder if she had a recording device in her purse or or her person, as she seemed to be doing an undercover on Cathy and possibly Tom, as it did take place in his office, where he normally would be. Never a dull moment in Cathy's life eh?

Hmmm... mystery

Reporter? Wonder if she had a camera. Glad Cathy is very careful talking to anyone at this point.

CCTV

Mixed blessings those things. Never sure if I love em or hate em.

Still lovin' Bike though.

bev_1.jpg

My vote...

Love them.

Government uses them against us, it is only appropriate we get to do the same.

Jings, crivens

And help ma boab. You been reading the Sunday Post?

Remember

Angharad's picture

my mum was Scots, so these gems are all lodged deep in my vocabulary from my earliest times. Yes, we did the Broons and Oor Wullie.

Angharad

DC Thomson

Also publishers of the Dandy and the Beano. I didn't realise they were also publishers of 'Commando'!

I did a presentation on trans issues to an office in Glasgow a while ago, and we were just across from that publisher's local office. Pictures of Dennis the Menace in all the windows!

I remember that day for a rather nasty shout of 'Tranny!' as I came back from getting lunch. To the shop people I had simply been 'Hen'.

Don't forget

Angharad's picture

The People's Friend, my mother read it for ever.

Angharad

I was brought up on a diet of Dandy and Beano.

Presumably because of post-war paper shortages it was Dandy one week and Beano the next. I think they were 2d each. On Tuesdays I would be out of bed early to sit at the bottom of the stairs, freezing, waiting for the paper lad to shove the paper (Daily Mail, would you believe?) and my comic through the letter box. Then I'd scamper back into bed to read before having to get up for school.

I moved on to the Eagle then Hotspur, Wizard and Champion which were really good value with few pictures and lots of text and so took longer to read. All very Scots biased - in a lot of the stories the English (me!) were the villains :)

Robi

Myself and my siblings

also used to look forward to our comics, We were allowed to have two each a week... if we wanted more then it was down to us to buy them for ourselves , My choice was the Victor and the Beano my brother had the Hotspur and the Dandy, My sister's choice was the Bunty and Judy... Needless to say i also read them, Have to say the stories in her comics were so much more interesting than how we won the war!

Kirri