The life and times of Mackenzie Somerset part 1

Printer-friendly version


I hate High school. Just thought I'd make that clear. I hate it. Hate, hate, hate. I'd rather lick a dog's butt, then go to school. Heck. I'd rather have used tampons shoved in my nose. School sucks.

This is the story of a girl named Mackenzie Somerset. This is my entry into the back to school contest and yes, it starts out a bit different. But I'll get to the outing in part two

Author's note:

Please note that Mackenzie is a more modern person that I have written. She is a bit foul mouthed, like some teens can get. The story is also writing in the first person, which is a big break from how I write, so the story will focus around Mackenzie.

~o~O~o~

Edited by Djkauf

~o~O~o~

I hate High school. Just thought I'd make that clear. I hate it. Hate, hate, hate. I'd rather lick a dog's butt than go to school. Heck. I'd rather have used tampons shoved in my nose. School sucks. Enemas with boiling coffee would be more fun. Sitting through a lecture on belly button lint would be better than high school. Not that Middle school was much better

Well, okay maybe I don't hate all of it. I mean I got my friends. Some of my teachers are nice. But other teachers and a lot of the students? Not so much. So once again I must say. I fucking hate high school. But like everyone else, I have to go. Stupid State laws. No child left behind or some such crap.

Hate it, with a capital Fuck you school system!

Yeah, I get it. Maybe its not the school’s fault. Life had a big hand in dealing me this cruel twist of fate that led to me being more of a weirdo than I already was. Or was it Fate? Could have been Fate. Mom did seem to piss Fate off, a lot.

To me, all it seemed school was good for was instilling certain things in kids. Beat and mistreat those different than you. Pick on any weakness. Even in a zero tolerance private school, like I attend, the jocks were more important than anyone else, so they got preferential treatment. Break any rules without fear of getting in trouble. I hate that. Some of them because they are the big sports heroes. Others because their parents have money. I really hate that. How can a system tell us we’re all the same, but treat us differently. My parents pay just as much for tuition for my brother and me that any other parent has to pay for two children. How the hell are they special.

I was already a misfit, before I graduated from middle school to high school. Heck, I was a misfit before the end of the first month of sixth grade. After that, it took one surgery, this past year, to really change it up for me. Oh, yeah. And this past summer. Everything changed this past summer. And all of that isn't even adding in my love for things that aren't considered girly. Yep, I love video games, plus I’m a windsurfer, hang gliding, parkour loving nut. I don’t hunt, but I can shoot a gun. I like to camp, I love to go boating, skiing mostly. I enjoy a lot of the outdoors. Heck, I’d even try extreme ironing just for the fun of getting up on a mountain top with the board and extension cord. Now as a direct consequence, my grades are not the best. I pull a C average, some of my grades are B's, and that is with a ton of studying and pushing myself. Learning all this history and English is hard on me.

Of course my parents insist I have to go to high School. Each time I plead to not go, all they say is blah blah blah, it’s a law. At least that's all I hear them say. My brother doesn’t seem to have any of my problems. He’s gay, but for some reason, the entire football team is scared of him. And when I say that, I mean he managed to make them all piss their pants....all at the same time.

My best friend, Darcy, she has problems too. She seems to have withdrawn from everyone. Well, she hangs out with us, but she isn’t as talkative as everyone else. Something is brewing in her head and I don’t know what. She just won’t open up I see her looking at me and my other friends and you can almost see her want to say something, then nothing.

My other friend, Circe gets it too. She is Chinese, well, half at least, so the 'Murican's of the school think she is illegal. Nope. She was born in this country. So was her father. But that doesn't stop them. Stupid rednecks. She is also the youngest person in the high school classes, but she is one of the smartest here. I do mean that. She has been jumped forward almost three years in school, due to how smart she is. I think she could be much further, like college, but she is here, with us. And that’s good with me.

A quick word on my school. It's a private one, here in Traverse City Michigan. Cherry Captial of Michigan and right on the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan. Private, but not a religious school. They have both middle and high school grades here and a great college prep program, not that I expect to be able to partake in that.

Now my other two female friends, Aileen and Amphitrite, are openly bi. Aileen doesn’t believe in hiding it, but for some reason, no one ever gives her a hard time. And Amphitrite is smoking hot, so the boys all wanna see her with another girl. It’s kinda pathetic, really. We have other friends. Like Lucas and Marcus, brothers of Darcy. The three of them are triplets. Their parents have a big home, mostly because they also have a set of quadruplets at home too. Three girls and a boy. Their dad hates it, because he is outnumbered by women and they have him trained. There is also Hank, another friend, but he keeps to himself, plus Reggie, my brother, who is older, openly gay and left totally alone at school. I do have other friends, but one of them attends home schooling with her Great Great Great, or something like that, Grandfather in...well, far away.

But right now, none of them are near me. We got split up from the mob of jerk-wads and butt lickers that are following us. So right now, I’m sprinting down the halls of the school, after hours, dodging kids who have clubs and after school classes. I am moving at a good pace, with half the football team on my heels, though the other half seems to be missing. Most likely chasing Lucas, Darcy and Circe. Some of the school bullies are in there, too. Saw them when I stopped to help out that kid from my old middle school.

Colin. While he isn’t what I’d label a friend, that is only because he has erected some kind of wall. He keeps almost everyone out and refuses to talk about anything but school, kinda like Darcy. I’ve never really seen him outside of the school and as far as I know, even in Middle school, we were the only people to talk to him. And he rarely talked back to us. But when he does talk to me, he seems....enamored with me? Almost in awe, I guess. Not really sure why.

By now you’re wondering one question. Why am I here if school is out? That’s simple. The video game club just got out. I attend that. Monday is the gay straight alliance. I attend with Amphitrite and Aileen. Circe comes for support. A couple of our other friends show up for that too. Tuesday is after school orchestra practice, I play the harp, something my paternal Grandmother insisted I learn. I love it though. Really do. Wednesday is the game group, like table top and pencil and paper RPGs. Thursday is video game club. Friday I help the coach with the competitive dance group. We're trying for any title this year. Plus this helps with an elective. I'd dance, but I can't. Something the principal said about cheating. I am however in the fening club. He insists I watch what I do and keep cheating to a minimum in that.

Since this is Thursday, I had just finished the video game club, while Amphitrite, Aileen, Darcy and Circe were in the choir practice. Lucas was with me in the video game club. My brother is more of the musical type, so he joined the girls for choir. Marcus, the third of the triplets, was into sports, but never allowed into the team, but he was allowed to use the weight room.

Normally, I would have been to my mother’s car by now. But like I already said, they caught us when we stopped to help another student, one I had known from my middle school days. Colin. He was a good kid. Quiet, yet helpful and smart. Did I say that already? I kinda forget things and Doctor's say I've got a bit of ADD going on. But I don't know.

I wanna pause for a moment, but they'd catch me. I can still hear the not so friendly taunts and the running of feet. At my middle school, a few of these guys used to pick on me, but now.....now I got a mob, all over one supposed name change. One name change and full time girl’s bathroom use. Funny thing is my first name never changed. No one but the administration could know of my middle names.

Okay, this is a bit confusing. Let me back up a few years ago. Thirteen years, almost fourteen years, to be precise. When I was born, the doctors all pronounced me a young, healthy boy. But some tests were done and things kinda fell apart from there. It seemed that my penis was just a showpiece. Nothing too exciting. Something they called a micro-penis. One of the doctors decided to run a few tests, genetic stuff, mostly. So after some shopping around for a doctor that wasn't playing God and making choices without asking our opinion, Mom and Dad found a doctor that was open to the idea of inter-sexed children making their own choices. I guess the first doctor's suggestion was to save me from an unnecessary surgery, and just keep me as a boy. It wasn't till I was five that the big tests started to happen.

---~---o---~---O---~---o---~---

And that's part one. I know, different from what I normally write. Part two will dive into her past and start to dig up the path she took

up
157 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nice start......

D. Eden's picture

I am really looking forward to seeing more.

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

interesting start

look forward to the rest of the story!

DogSig.png