Hopscotch…A Jump in Life 17

Printer-friendly version

Hopscotch…A Jump in Life 17

*Before…

We eat and watch Stardust on my laptop since apparently it was in the DVD drive as if that wasn’t like telling and even the parents raised an eyebrow at that and made me blush and soon after that they have to head home with their actual RL stuff going on and everything like work and Dad has a long drive to go and get Nova…Uhm Kaitlyn tomorrow and me…well I start going through my laptop trying to figure out just exactly what Shawn was like and where Sarah was hiding in all of the stuff here.

It’s thanks to password saves on my Firefox that I get into Shawn’s Facebook and E-mails.

Oh…that was a mistake.

*And Now…

You’d think that there’d be some kind of excitement seeing everything that I was but there was also trepidation. So it was a little bit shaky but with too much curiosity that I log in and check everything.

My e-mail’s full of junk and that’s no problem really until I get through some of the spammy stuff and then I get to the gross stuff.

It’s recent stuff.

[Fuking tranny, I hope you die.]

[Die in a fire freak.]

[What happened you blow the guys and have an accident.]

[Dickeater.]

[Tranny] that’s like 12 of them just that.

[Don’t come back freak.]

[You’re not coming back to school! We’ll fight it!]

Fight it? Why?

What did I do?

Part of me wants to hit the delete but there’s part of me that sort of knows better and I save them instead. There’s laws against cyber bullying and stuff and there’s a whole lot of crap that these people will do and like keep doing unless they’re stopped.

“Eeew…fuck!” I open a picture file to see someone sent me dick pics.

[Tasty homo?]

Eeew, eeew, just frigging Eeew…!

There’s like eight of them too…I didn’t want to really look but I looked…because I had an idea…and yeah…they all looked different.

So a bunch of guys wiling to send me dick pics.

That’s…that’s really likely a bunch of dudes that hang out together…

Word has apparently gotten out about me being trans.

Then I check Shawn’s Facebook.

Well for the most part it’s boring, Shawn had books and movies in the likes lists and there’s this odd thing that I remember that stuff and there several memorial like things shared for me and the accident and stuff from friends.

There is a lot of nice things from people Not from home but from my friends from other places and some from like other students but nothing really all that personal like the kind of stuff that you’d get from kids that know you but aren’t friends and you’re sick.

But there’s not a lot of local friends.

There’s not a lot of trans stuff either but anything that’s really neutral LGBT+ supporting stuff I had on there and supported it and a lot of human rights things too.

I had a lot of bands on there and links to music, bands, videos and even instruments.

I see a lot of undercover Sarah there.

Lots of girl bands. Joan Jett, Hunter Valentine, Heart, Vixen, Pink, Biff Naked, Gwen Stefani, Allanis and Evanescence.

Okay apparently I’m a rocker.

There’s a bit of anti-trans dodgy stuff that was shared to my page from others like the bathroom streaking scandal with that Toronto paper and some inks to blogs that have been shared that are like anti-trans rants and stuff from Blogger but Wordpress and well Tumblr of course too. Wordpress is the 4Chan of Radfems from stuff I’ve seen…things that I know.

It’s kind of disheartening though that there stuff like this purposefully being shared by people so that it shows up in my news feed.

It’s all girl too…all a lot of stuff in the vein of the stupid bathroom stuff and locker rooms stuff.

‘Trans Ideology’ Stuff…Ideology?

Here’s my ideology, I look in a mirror or take a shower, roll over and feel it touching in that flopping not should be there way and it feels wrong.

I feel wrong.

And then…then I’m literally feeling wrong.

Triggered and it’s all making me cry as I’m reading stuff like…

Shawna Mathews …Trans* ideology reinforces the gender hierarchy and patriarchy, having this reinforced is in the interest of the powerful men, and men recognize this. Simply put it has been embraced because it caters to securing the interests of the powerful (cis men, who are on the top of the gender hierarchy and want to stay on top). They recognize what is in their "best interest" for securing and reinforcing their power and trans* ideology is indeed useful to them in that way. When the rich and powerful embrace you, by extension you will quickly gain power and influence, so the transactivists have quickly been given power and influence by the powerful. You can look at it like they are functioning essentially a lobby group for the patriarchy. Is it surprising that ( essentially a) lobby group for the powerful has quickly gained a loud voice.

 Jennifer Blake… That's a great point that they did tie themselves to the LGB movement and preyed on LGB sympathies/kind heartedness for people who are different. But they don’t care about being with us, it’s all for the T and fuck everyone else especially Lesbians.

Jane Minx …If transwomen don't like how hard it is to be a woman, then guess what? Take off your dresses, put on a business suit, and go run the fucking world.

Shawna Mathews ….Transphobia is always worse than homophobia right? Homophobia as a recognized oppression is being erased. In the hierarchy lesbian/gay/bisexual people apparently no longer REALLY suffer oppression. Trans* people apparently have it so much harder (and frankly there is a double meaning to this: since many gay/lesbian kids are being preyed upon) so lesbians should just shut up. Much that passes for transphobia is actually homophobia.

There’s more but it’s all sort of like that with things that are cropping up like…There’s no one naming me, they don’t actually say it but there’s no mistake on who they’re talking about.

Jane Minx… They’ll want in, they’ll want into the bathrooms and invading the one place at school where we can get space from the guyz.

Shawna Mathews… He’ll be peeing, great we’ll hear that sound.

Jennifer Blake… Looking at us, staring.

Jane Minx… I’m not doing it, there’ll be friggin hell to pay. I’m not getting eye raped and policed in my safe spaces.

Shawna Mathews… Not getting on any of the squads, slapping on a dress and make-up doesn’t mean that you can just walk on the teams and steal a place belonging to a real girl.

Real girl…

It’s all I can do to push my laptop closed and put it on the wheelie tray before it swamps me and I’m crying. Bawling even because it’s true even if it’s sort of not true and I…

I FEEL SO EFFING FAKE….!

Even curled on my side it’s there….even in the underpants and restrained.

But feeling my face…that face that’s sort of not quite right in my hands…the hair…it feels wrong, right down to my cells I’m feeling so wrong, so very, very effing wrong.

Choking on the wrong.

I pull the covers over me and the pillow too over my face to absorb the sobs and the shakes.

I really can’t even articulate how invalid as a person I feel.

Honestly…alien.

I don’t even feel like I’m human.

I cry myself to sleep.

Even with not being able to remember things crying myself to sleep is getting really effing old.

I kind of have dreams and they’re not good ones. I’m at a school…it could be mine but I don’t know. There’s people there and they’re being…girls getting in my way, not letting me pee.

I’m wearing a wig that some guys steal and toss in the garbage.

I’m wearing waaay too much make-up like I’m doing drag every time I see my reflection.

I’m in a really fugly dress…the whole nightmare stereotype.

I find bad note in my locker, dick pics in my books….the teachers sneer and just toss them in the garbage.

Some say. “You wanted to be a girl, you asked for this.”

Pushed by kids, crowded by kids in the halls, poked…pinched…then grabbed there…there over and over and I can’t get my arms to where I can defend myself.

The feeing makes me feel bad, bad down there…violated…touched…sick.

That’s what wakes me up.

I roll out of my bed as best as I can and get to the bathroom and I’m sick…it’s that sick that feels like it’s coming right up from my toxic crotch through my insides and it’s this bundle of toxic energy that I end up throwing up and out over and over until I’m doing the dry heaves between crying.

I get undressed there on my knees and reach over and flush the toilet and slowly get to my feet and I don’t look at myself in the mirror but I step into the shower and grab the body wash and the puff and start washing.

I keep the panties on.

Just no…I can’t deal with that right now.

Really hot water…then trying to wash Shawn off.

Trying to wash the nightmare off of me.

Getting mad.

Crying some more.

Getting madder still.

I punch the shower wall.

“Ow!…Ow, ow, holy effing ow…” I’m shaking my hand and biting at my lip from saying things louder or worse. There’s a concrete wall under the tiles apparently.

Derp.

Oddly the pain, venting and swearing seems to sort of helped get me out of the spiraling dysphoria stuff. Well that and I think I’m cried out. Honestly in the last while since being awake I feel like I’ve cried an entire lifetime’s worth of stuff.

So much likely Shaun never couldn’t.

And now…now I have what happens after a girl is done crying.

I’m hurt.

I’m hurt and I’m angry.

I get out of the shower and I dry off and glare at myself a few moments in the mirror before going and getting my things, dry underwear and change and dry there…eyes hard…jaw clenched through that.

Then I get my tablet and start playing tunes…Pink…angry stuff girl power kind of stuff and I start looking at myself in the mirror and take out my make-up and with a breath and leaning on the sink gripping it in a sort of eff-you to all of them I start doing my face.

“Fuck you…fuck you all (Angry sniffle.) I’m going to be who I am…and you’ll have to just deal with it.”

I’m going to do this, and keep doing this until I’m good at it, better than good at it.

up
199 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Wow!!

Dahlia's picture

So very true and real. I never could become me when I was young but maybe it is just a well since I was so fragile emotionally. Now the taunts and derision don't faze me but I probably would have taken my own life as a teenager. Thanks for the reality check! I am always bemoaning the fact I didn't, couldn't or otherwise have transitioned in my early teens but maybe God knew what was best even in this.

Dahlia

On target

I had a morning catch-up with my shrink today. First time we've spoken for a long while, and we discussed a few things, one of which is 'passing'.

The shrink I am talking about is the head clinician of a major GID clinic, and a lovely person, and her attitude to passing is that 'Bond girls' (who could she possibly mean?) can have it harder than obvious 'trannies' because they aren't seen as tricksters. Fair point, but the other point was in 'private spaces'. The journalist Julie Bindell wrote about transwomen being men who want to invade the spaces of women in order to masturbate with their penis... ah, Problem.

My shrink also spoke about the idea of changing rooms, where, as we all know, attractive naked women spend all day wandering around. Naked. Unlike my experience, where I walk in, enter a cubicle, SHUT THE DOOR, drop my knickers and lift my skirt and sodding well do what any other woman does.

Rant triggered by Bailey hitting nail head.

So true

Dahlia's picture

I agree 100%. For starters I'd be terrified or being outed and humiliated to walk into a women's locker room even in my best dress and makeup. Women can be just as violent as men and I'd be fearful of getting beat to hell and gone. Second as stated, there are individual stalls with doors and when I use one, I'm female so I sit down to go. I have for most of my life. Third, women as a general rule, unless they are narcissistic, don't wander around naked in the locker rooms. They are modest and dress privately in 'their' area of the room so they just get it done and leave. It's not like it is some huge Roman spa they go to lounge around in.

Dahlia

I've seen a scary amount of violence towards TW by women.

It's really evident in a lot of the club scene, I've even seen in LGBT+ clubs Radfem Lesbians get their aggro misogynistic gay friends to take a few rounds or worse out of a trans girl because that's fine by them. "It's male on male violence."

This is a huge DV issue too. There's a very large DV issue utterly swept under the rug when it comes to trans women and lesbian relationship DV.

I could rant on that one for a long, long time.

Bailey Summers

Passing is a double edged sword depending on your POV.

I hate the idea and term of "Tricksters." I honestly think no trans person goes out to trick anyone. There's a whole difference between being open and trans regardless of passability and having what is some thing deeply personal staying personal. I get extremely irked when the bulk of "passing" trans women examples are media personalities and those outside the trans community hold them up as examples.

Also "Passing" irks me very hard because those that don't pass? Well all the BS that goes with that has to go jump in a hole too as there's a huge number of bio women that don't pass either. Not passing is just a qualifier used really as just another was to use trans status as a weapon. because odds are unless there's a lot of super obvious things a LOT of trans women in transition pass especially when there is no indication of trans status.

See a whole lot of the time trans and passing is just purely based on if people know. If they know there's a whole other set of qualifiers and a huge raise of expectations.

So seldom actually imposed on ourselves.

Julie Bindel is a TERF of the first order and she and others of her ilk love nothing more than to build on the perversion tropes. Hardly a journalist of any sort...a hate-fetishist that gets published yes.

I have never seen people police the idea of womanhood, gender roles and the so called rules than Radical Feminism.

If a trans person especially a trans woman shows any degree of self confidence, if she has a 'Pretty day' ad posts a selfie or even just a picture it's "Autogynophillia"...FFS.
And heaven forfend if you disagree with them..."Male Privilege."
Or get angry... "Male Violence."
Or win with a decent counter argument...You'll never understand since you're "Male socialized."

And yes they actually create the trope style fantasy of what they insist that trans people think that goes on in changing areas...the Sapphos spa...when most trans women honestly just want to do their business, have done with it all and do exactly whatever they came into do.

Yes...very much a shared soapbox.

*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Passing

I don't pass amazingly well. I am too big, too broad in the shoulders. I get regular shouts of 'Tranny!' and so forth, but I remain ME. As long as I am careful where I go at night (mostly), I am all right, because one thing I learned many years ago is that few people leap into violence if they are faced with flat confidence. Those that do, well, the lunatic fringe are forever with us, and someone like that will dislike another person for breathing.

Re: Passing

Physically, I probably could pass, except for one thing: I have visible shadow MINUTES after shaving, and as I've posted in comments around the site a few times already, the foundations I've tried over the years don't cover it enough, so I'm still visible.

Visible enough that I was shoved down a flight of stairs in '96 and only avoided harm because I was able to grab the bannister. I honestly can't count the number of times I've had people yell at me and threaten to harm me simply because I'm trans and visible.

I was outed pretty seriously in a legal matter here in '98 and that left me with no friends for a long time. I've made some friends since then, even been in some relationships, but there's only one RL friend I can count on to support me if I need it, just one.

I came within a hair of being male to male raped on multiple occasions while sitting in the city detention centre for two years. I can still very clearly remember several of the inmates there saying that I deserved to be raped simply because I was in transition.

I guess I've been lucky in one sense, I don't remember ever having any radfems spouting their hate in my direction.

That was RAW

Podracer's picture

Not chili stinging but acid burned.
I hope some of the fire she's showing stays lit, because it looks as if she'll need it. Where, I wonder, are the real friends? Shawn can't have been such an unlikeable ass that he made none at all. Was he?

"Reach for the sun."

I'll be getting to some of the friends stuff.

But how many friends to you have versus people you know? And if the three closest friends you had died? Especially when you're trans and closeted?
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

"I’m hurt and I’m angry."

“Fuck you…fuck you all (Angry sniffle.) I’m going to be who I am…and you’ll have to just deal with it.”

Good for her. Channel that anger into useful steps forward.

DogSig.png

Sometimes you do need to get angry.

Depression is easy to get itself a bad foothold even when it's not a condition.
*Great Big Proud Angel Hugs*

Bailey Summers

I'm almost positive...

erica jane's picture

that one of those tunes playing on Sarah's tablet is Raise Your Fist by Starlight Butterfly.

~And so it goes...

OMG so spot on.

This chapter could be titled 'Horns of Dilemma or Damned to do Damned to don't." When all of the fears run around in an ever tightening tornado that sucks the very air from our lungs. A fear storm is truly a custom made hell inside of your head where you can't hide or run from it, it's something to endure and wait out knowing that it will end. Then I make my self pick myself up and get going again just to piss those angry imaginary or real voices off.

Each time I endure a fear storm, I tell my self I have become stronger because I now have more experience in successfully dealing with the worst I can do to my self.

Thank you for such a great chapter.

Huggles

Michele

With those with open eyes the world reads like a book

celtgirl_0.gif

"Fear Storms" That's a good way to put it.

Very much like the downward spiral that happens with bi-polar, sometimes the only thing you can do in some cases is to hang on tight and ride it out. It's of course a lot harder with a disorder going on than just events that happen or things people do but very much the same.

*Great Big Angel Hugs*

Bailey Summers

tough moment

she definitely needs to let her parents take that stuff to a lawyer or someone to push the issue.
well done, thanks

Actually there's tough new laws in Canada for cyberbullying.

I haven't decided what Sarah's going to do with this stuff but she has it all saved. She might have to tell her parents and therapist and maybe the RCMP will get involved.
*Hugs and Howls*

Bailey Summers

Danny right

Alice-s's picture

Give an help girl. Dam the torpedoes. Charge the cannons. Send more Japs. In short, be yourself and everyone else can just do one.