A Mother's Love Vol. 3.02

Printer-friendly version
breastfeeding.jpg

“I’m sorry you’ve got this all wrong,” I interrupted.

He looked annoyed for a brief moment but regained his composure before asking, “In what way?”

I took a deep breath and responded quickly and quietly,“I don’t want a breast enlargement.”

A Mother’s Love - Vol. 3.02

by Alys


A Mother’s Love Vol. 3.02

“Sorry,” said the tall adolescent as his elbow jabbed into my left boob.

I winced in sudden pain and tried to wriggle a few centimetres away from my accidental assailant.

The jam packed Northern Line tube train hurtled down the track towards Camden Town Station. For what seemed like the hundredth time in the last ten minutes I wished I wasn’t dressed in a revealing blouse and short skirt in order to meet some wealthy clients.

I knew the firm needed the potential highly lucrative contract with our muslim ladies and I definitely needed the bonus especially if my work as Stephanie ended after I’d had my mastectomy.

I felt the train begin to slow, a sign of the approaching station. I tried to move away from the door to make space for other passengers maneuvering to leave but I felt myself being pushed inexorably towards it by the throng of passengers planning to exit.

“Excuse me, I’m not getting off here,” I said a bit desperately to two tall men in their twenties who were pressed against me, as the train suddenly entered the station.

“Sorry love,” said the one nearer to me, “We can’t move either.”

I felt myself being squashed against the window of the door as the tube train finally stopped. I resigned myself to having to leave the carriage with the departing passengers and re-enter once there was a gap. I tensed my body for the surge, mouthing a silent prayer I wouldn’t be bowled over in the forthcoming momentary chaotic shoving.

At the very last moment, before I risked possible injury, salvation came in the form of an attractive male voice behind me, “Quick, squeeze in here beside me.”

I looked to my right and saw that the man had managed to push against the crowd to form a little room between himself and the train wall.

There was rush of air as the hydraulics of the door opened it but, in the half second before the surge of exiting passengers, I pressed myself into the space created by the tall man who had turned his back to me to secure our position in the crush.

“Thanks,” I said, in relief at my escape.

“You’re welcome,” he replied as he twisted back towards me.

“Stephanie is it you?” he asked in a familiar voice, I looked up towards the man and instantly recognised the doctor who had helped save Mary’s life.

“Jonathan, wow, this is a surprise, how are you?”

“I’m really good, although a bit squashed at the moment,” he replied, chuckling, “how is your….. your partner and your daughter?”

I smiled at his quick verbal juggling, “Everyone’s fine thanks, both of the children are doing really well.”

He raised his eyebrows at my revelation but the noise of the train journey made further explanations impossible.

A few minutes later he lowered his mouth to my ear, “Time for a coffee and a catchup?”

I shook my head and he looked very disappointed but he cheered up when I told him I could meet for lunch later, we arranged a place and time and I left the train at Euston.

*****************

Four hours later I walked into my favourite indian restaurant on Euston road, after a very successful meeting with the al hamnana ladies group, who had insisted on dealing with a woman to organise their world tour.

I saw Jonathan at a window table and walked over towards him. To my surprise he stood up as I reached the table, hugged me and kissed me gently.

Momentarily I was stunned as I felt a surge of attraction flow through my body.

I stood glued to the spot, mute.

Jonathan looked at me quizzically, “Are you Ok, Stephanie?”

I blinked and looked at him and somehow partially recovered my composure. I sat down shakily, “Fine, fine, it’s so nice too see you again Jonathan.”

He smiled broadly, “ and you too Stephanie.”

The next few minutes were a welcome silence as we perused the variety of delicious treats on offer. I was finding it very hard to focus on food choices as I tried to come to terms with how he had made me feel with his spontaneous hug and kiss. The waitress came over and we both ordered.

“So, two children Stephanie, that’s wonderful, how did that happen?” asked Jonathan after the waitress had left.

I smiled, “Well, the usual way, Jonathan.”

He chuckled before continuing, “Sorry, a badly phrased question, it’s just I remember how ill Mary was when I last saw her.”

I explained how Mary's cancer had gone into remission after the treatment in Liverpool.

"That's great news!" he commented.

“Thanks and we’re all happy about it,” I responded.

Thinking about Mary brought back our row the previous night and, not wanting Jonathan to notice anything untoward in my relationship with my wife, I quickly changed the conversation to talk about people we both knew from the staff in Manchester Royal Infirmary.

The time passed very quickly as I enjoyed his easy manner and clever conversation. Before I knew it my phone was beeping to remind me it would soon be time to go for my appointment with the surgeon.

“Sorry Jonathan, I have to go now.”

He looked at his watch, “Oh OK, although it’s only half past two, do you have to go back to work? Can’t you stay a bit longer?”

It was such an attractive idea that I thought fleetingly of phoning to rearrange my visit to Harley Street, but the thought of Mary’s potential anger pushed this out my mind almost instantly.

“I’m really sorry, I’ve got a doctor’s appointment.”

Jonathan looked at me enquiringly.

“I’ll tell you about it next time, now I’d better get the bill?”

He smiled, when I implied we’d meet again, “It’s OK, you go, this can be my treat.”

I gathered my belongings and stood up to leave. Jonathan stood up and embraced me.

It felt so good. I looked up at his rugged masculine face and our lips met once again. This time the kiss was deeper and I felt myself melting with the unexpected strong attraction. I felt my nipples begin to harden. This was such a shocking development that I managed to regain enough self control to push myself away and take a deliberate step back.

“Call me please,” I said in a soft voice before turning away and forcing myself to walk out of the door. I paused outside and turned to see Jonathan still standing at our table. He smiled and raised his hand to wave, I reciprocated and then turned to walk down the street to the nearest tube station.

*****************

Half an hour later I stood outside the impressive modern building of ‘The London Bridge Clinic’ on Harley Street. The journey had gone very quickly as thoughts of my encounter with Jonathan filled my mind and I was only half aware of the other passengers on the train.

I looked at the appointment details on my phone, checked that I was only a few minutes early and then steeled myself to press the button on the entrance intercom.

A distorted female voice responded, “Hello can I help you?”

A spoke into the microphone grill, “Yes, it’s Stephanie Jones to see Doctor Wilkins, three fifteen appointment.”

There was a short wait then the voice spoke again, “Yes, that’s correct, please pull the door when you hear the buzzer.”

A few moments later I’d entered and walked along the short passage to a very sumptuous reception area. Plastic surgery in London was clearly a very profitable business, I began to be concerned about the potential cost of any surgery.

There was no-one else waiting and so after filling in a few forms and paying the £200 for the initial appointment I sat down on one of the comfortable chairs.

The reading matter available being appropriate to the well-heeled, and not myself being interested in horses and shooting, I just sat back and reviewed for the umpteenth time my hour and a half with Jonathan.

I didn’t understand where the strong feelings had come from. I was happily married, even with some recent tensions, and I had two lovely little children. What did it all mean?

I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn’t notice the receptionist calling my name the first time she did so. She was forced to repeat herself, more forcefully.”

“Ms Jones, Doctor Wilkins will see you now.”

I apologised for my inattention and then walked the few steps to the door marked ‘Doctor Wilkins’ in expensive gold lettering.

I knocked, waited for the faint “come in,” and then opened the door.

Doctor Wilkin’s office was even more expensively furnished than the reception area while at the same time seemingly well equipped medically.

“Good afternoon, Ms Jones, if you would disrobe behind the screen, I’ll examine you and see what we can do for you,” commanded the tall man, in his late thirties or early forties, sat behind the large desk.

Rather shocked by his abrupt approach, but being mindful of the briefness of my booked appointment, I opened the curtain to enter the small area in the corner of the room that had been screened off. I quickly removed my clothes, apart from my panties, and put on the light gown hanging on the back of the chair.

“Whenever you’re ready Ms Jones,” said the somewhat impatient doctor.

I stepped out from the screen to see Doctor Wilkins standing waiting.

“Is it OK to examine you now?”

I nodded my assent.

He carefully pulled the top of my gown apart and, after a long few seconds staring at my breasts, he carefully squeezed each one in turn.

Since it had been a few hours since I’d last expressed some milk, my breasts were fairly full and Doctor Wilkin’s squeezing caused me to begin to leak.

I felt his distaste for the liquid dribbling onto his hands, “Ah, still feeding your little one, how long before he’s weaned.”

“Just about to start,” I replied.

“Very good, in that case I should be able to do something for you quite soon then.”

He gestured me to sit in the chair and resumed his seat on the other side of the desk.

“This is quite a common situation, I imagine you were fairly small breasted before you had your child and you’ve got used to the feel and the look of being somewhat larger. I think about three hundred centimetre implants would let you retain your current figure. I assume you’re not planning to add to your family although that is not an insurmountable…” he prattled on.

“I’m sorry you’ve got this all wrong,” I interrupted.

He looked annoyed for a brief moment but regained his composure before asking, “In what way?”

I took a deep breath and responded quickly and quietly,“I don’t want a breast enlargement.”

Doctor Wilkins arched his eyebrows at my announcement, “I’m a little confused, so what are you here for then?”

I took another deep breath, “I need a bilateral mastectomy.”

The suave plastic surgeon almost fell off his chair on hearing this, “You want what?”

For the next five minutes I explained my personal situation. At first Doctor Wilkins refused to believe my story and constantly interrupted me with questions, eventually he seemed to grasp the reality of my life.

“Ms Jones, I have to say this is the strangest story I’ve ever heard. When you walked into my office the only thing I saw was an attractive woman. Now even after your explanation I still see an attractive woman.”

I felt strangely comforted by the doctor’s compliment, but the sting in the tale was his next comment.

“Since you are so convincingly female I’m not sure such a drastic change is something you really want. Under these circumstances I’m afraid that unless you have a psychiatric assessment which proves the medical need for such an operation it would seem to be an exercise in self mutilation which I’m not prepared to be part of.”


To Be Continued...

End of Vol. 3.02

up
177 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

nicely handled delay

I was wondering how a delay for the mastectomy might be handled.

You have done a wonderful job with this issue. I presume that the ladies group will need to meet with Stepanie again too.

Delay

Hi JKOC

Thanks for the comment, you raised some interesting possible plot developments.

Hugs

Alys

they aren't buying bus tickets from London to Liverpool.

Alys, you have already demonstrated how complex these tours are and the high level of customer support Stephanie offers her clients. Stephanie deals with vendors directly and going from Steve to Stephanie caused friction (vendors/suppliers want to deal with a stable company).

Customers want a similar stability.

I feel Stephanie is pretty much stuck in the female gender. Her reputation gets flushed if she goes back to a HIM!! The perceived stability of her team and company are on the line too.

It is an interesting conflict that needs to be resolved (hopefully not through divorce).

OOOOh

Looks like Stephanie is going to have an affair and abandon her spouse and kid that she had been so carefully nurturing.

Didn't see that coming.

OOOOh

Hi

Thanks for the comment. It does look like a difficult time for Stephanie/Steve in the near future.

Hugs

Alys

*Stephanie is is between a rock and a hard place

First I have to say WELCOME BACK , ALYS. So good to see this posing again.

The original insistence on breast feeding though understandable at first is severely straining an already shaky marriage.

Her having HIV and his having to take female hormones to breast feed is ripping them apart.

Hum? Was there no special baby formula option for their allergy or whatever that put their children at risk?

As to *Stephanie* having an affair, remember he has been pumped full of various feminizing drugs for much longer than first intended.

I even wonder with a mastectomy and male hormone therapy can he ever return to being who he was physically or mentally?

Is he sterile or nearly so and can fertility be restored at this late time?

Will his brain return to male mode?

What of his body, the relations with his co-workers, clients and all?

Telling them the *partner* has/had cancer... that white lie may bite them.

And Mary, perhaps due to the stress of her chronic disease, perhaps feeling subconsciously unworthy as a wife/woman/mother is distancing herself from him WHILE acting like she is in control. She blows hot and cold toward him at random. This bodes ill for their relationship.

Pumped full of feminizing drugs for what, almost two years now, and with a wife that is getting increasingly unfriendly to him no wonder his/her mind is confused and beginning to be attracted to this charming man.

The doctor came off as a bit pompous but was right on refusing to agree to surgery until *Stephanie* has a psych assessment/counselling... something Mary desperately needs as well. Both together and separately.

Is her health failing again, IE the drugs are losing their effectiveness or is she suffering from mental illness?

So many possibilities for good or ill in their marriage.

Nice continuance. Any hope of your soccer star girl, formerly soccer star boy series returning?

John in Wauwatosa where we have measurable snow for the first time this winter.

John in Wauwatosa

Don't see how feminizing drugs can lead to an affair

I mean there is no real evidence that feminizing drugs will change sexual orientation in the first place. Plus Stephanie has his baby to think about. So, yes, you are absolutely right about his spouse being insecure and not being particularly nice about it.

But snogging some guy before even having come to a firm decision about it is soooo no self control.

Actually there is much

Actually there is much anecdotal evidence that transgender hormones can have a significant effect on sexuality.

Many, many transmen and transwomen have reported how they were shocked that their sexual orientation altered once they started hormones, in all sorts of directions.

The jury is out on whether this is some people's latent bisexuality gaining an expression or whether it is some fundamental shift, but in practice the effect is the same.

Rock and a Hard Place

Hi John

Thanks for your lovely comment and all the possible plot developments.

Very much appreciated as always.

Hugs

Alys

allergies

I believe she (baby) was allergic to most or all other options.

Welcome back, Alys

Angharad's picture

I'll have to go back and re read the previous volumes. As for the apparent attraction to a man, is it just a case of reaction to affection, especially if it's not happening at home. Sometimes it's just nice to be lost in the moment.

Angharad

Diolch

Shwmai Angharad

Thanks so much for your comment, very much appreciated.

Cofleidiau
Alys

Breast Removal

My breasts are not huge, between a B and a C and I rather like them. They are not a problem and I often go braless. Both my Elder children have used my breast removal as a condition to resume contact with them. Like bloody hell I will.

Gwen

Stephanie Deserves Better

joannebarbarella's picture

Mary is unworthy of her "husband" who has sacrificed so much for his children and for her, without any appropriate appreciation. Steve has become Stephanie for her and for the children and now all those sacrifices are starting to come home to roost. Stephanie is starting to assert herself after being front and centre for so much of the time and Steve has become her alternate personality rather than the dominant one.

Without wishing to direct our author I hope that Stephanie blossoms into full womanhood over this series.

And Alys, let me join with others in saying how good it is to see you back. I hope you can continue this story at a quicker pace now,

Stephanie deserves better

Hi Joanne

Thanks so much for the comment and the greetings.

I think Mary's underlying motivation is that she wants her husband back from what she always considered a temporary arrangement because of the medical situation.

Very much hoping to post the next episode within a week (cross my fingers and toes)

Hugs

Alys

Welcome indeed

Podracer's picture

Seeing the new chapter, I had to go back and discover the rest, it's... complicated. And enjoyable thank you Alys.

How come the doctor didn't know what his patient was there for? Mary must be a little distracted perhaps and didn't make it clear, or the clinic admin isn't too competent! Either way it looks ever more difficult to return to Steve's previous life. I hope the next chapter doesn't take quite as long to emerge as my appetite is now whetted.

"Reach for the sun."

Welcome indeed

Hi Podracer

Thanks for the comment and the questions.

I was trying to show that the doctor was a rather arrogant individual who would assume that anyone who came to see him would want to improve their appearance. Also I'm not sure that Mary would have stated elective mastectomy when she made the appointment.

Hugs

Alys

as a guy

I can really understand his feelings. I am not sure why he felt he had to take feminizing hormones just to raise their child. Many men successfully raise children on their own or with the help of a wife. Not being able to breastfeed is a little thing these days. there are many ways to feed a infant, but I may have to go back and read the entire darn thing for that answer.
The doctor is right in requiring him to seek counseling before going through the operation. I can understand him wanting to live and appear asa man again. The fact he is so successfully living as a woman for so long means he should probably seek help before transitining to a male again. Not sure why he did this in the first place
very good story

PLEASE let her get with Jonathan!

I remember when Stephanie had a moment with Jonathan in the first series. I was hoping they'd get together. Please make it happen for them now...I'm rooting for Stephanie to be her true self and have a handsome hunk!

please continue the story...

please continue the story....i am eagerly waiting for the next part...

A welcome discovery

I have to thank Gwen Brown and wr for bringing this story back into the light for BC. I have read this from start to finish and thoroughly enjoyed every moment. Sadly the last chapter was posted in 2014 with the story just developing for the 3rd book. I so dearly want to read more but fear it is not going to arrive.