Curiosity Killed The Boy 5

Printer-friendly version

Five

“Starting next week you have to spend two weeks with your father,” Mom stated as a fact.

“What, why?”

“It is part of the divorce settlement,” Another cold fact.

“Is Sis coming?”

“No,” I see her minor shake of the head with a frown. Her way of saying, I’m sorry when delivering bad news.

“Why not? Why do I have to go and not her?” I once again get screwed.

“I have a job. I can’t get off."

Sis looked happy stating that fact. “I don’t want to go,” I was afraid of him.

“I’m sorry kid-o. It is part of the settlement,” She looked sympathetic.

“You said he isn’t paying. If he doesn’t pay, why do I have to go?”

“I know it isn’t fair. If, I violate the agreement, that would give him ammunition in court. You have to go, sorry."

I get screwed again, “That sucks." I didn’t mean to sound angry at her.

“Try to make the best of it. He is your father. I’m sure he will have fun things planned for you,” She tried to avoid arguing.

I realized she waited to tell me. She knew, “But he lives in West Virginia, what am I going to do there?” I realized it would mean two weeks without dressing. Two weeks in West Virginia being his son. I thought; He will probably drag me out into the woods and try to make me kill something. I hated him.

I turned the game off, stood up and tossed the controller on the floor, “This fucking sucks." I walked out of the room. I could see Mom wanted to say something. I assumed she was going to reprimand me for cussing. She didn’t say a word.

I went back to my room and flopped on my bed. Tears started to flow. It wasn’t fair. I just started enjoying life. I thought about changing. I thought about showing them how pretty I looked. I could hear Mom and Sis were talking, but I didn’t understand what they were saying. I got off the bed and slid my hand between the mattresses. I pulled out the baby-doll night gown. I felt around for the panty. I usually waited for them to go to bed before changing. That night I didn’t care about being caught.

My chore for the day was to clean my room and strip my bed. I was in a funky mood. I wore the baby-doll night gown with a white padded bra, and red high heel. I used Mom’s red lip stick. I applied mascara and black eye shadow. The look came off more Goth then sultry. I did a thorough job cleaning. Everything was put away; I dusted and vacuumed. After I was done I cleaned the nail polish off my toes. It was Friday. I could go to Dad’s like that and I didn’t think I would have the opportunity during the weekend.

up
177 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

so he gets to be the

so he gets to be the sacrificial lamb, thanks alot mom and sis

My only comment is this

My only comment is this chapter was way too short. It is a very good story though. Janice

He'd better set ground rules...

or else he'll find himself at the barber's on the very first day. Number 3 or number 4?