Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 1: Chapter 13

Printer-friendly version

Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 1: The Martial Artist, The Space Cop, The Superhero, The Magical Girl, The Wrestler, And The Fool for Love.

Chapter Thirteen: “The Scents and Bikinis of Women.”

By Paul Cousins.

Copyright Disclaimer: All copyrighted places, characters, items, and events, within the story, are held by their current owners. No profit is being made on this work of fiction.

(_)

Black Lagoon reality, Roanapur, Thailand.

It was mid-afternoon, by the docks of Roanapur, as a taxi dropped Akira off at Lagoon company headquarters. The weather was warm, and slightly breezy, on a partly cloudy day.

Akira was currently a girl, in her cowgirl outfit, with her revolvers and long knives on her.

Akira paid the driver, and then got out of the taxi. After she shut the door, the taxi drove away.

Akira then turned to the front entrance of the Lagoon headquarters. As she walked up the steps to the office door, which was on the second floor of the building, she thought, 'It has been a month since my first job with the others in Raven Unit. And we have done a few jobs since then. None of them were too morally objectionable. Still, killing is coming a lot more easily to me than I like.'

'Though, Lotton, Shenhua, and Sawyer, have been supportive of my actions. All of them saying that some people deserve to die. But, given whom they are, I am not sure I should be comforted, or worried by their support. And since we are not doing much today, I thought it might be best to come by and spend some time with the members Lagoon company. I mean I like Lotton and the girls, as friends, but, barring Revy, it is nice spending some time with people whom are actually sane.'

'And Rock, Dutch, and Benny know about my little trick. And they seem to be okay with it. Also, given all the loading work I did here, for free, during my training, I have an open invitation by Dutch to come here, anytime. And I know the four of them are not busy, with a job, today. So, I am just going to drop by, and say hi.'

When Akira reached the door at the top of the stairs, she knocked on the door, as she announced herself, in english, “Hi. It is me, Akira. I just thought I would come by and hang out a while.”

Less than half a minute later, Revy opened the door, and greeted her. Revy said, “Come on in. We are not that busy, today.”

Akira thought, 'I am glad I was right.' As she walked inside, she noticed there was a large, nearly half eaten cake, on a nearby table coffee table. With two green couches, sit two sides of the table, Though, the couches are not across from each other.

Akira also noticed the members of Lagoon company sitting around, on the couches, as they ate slices of cake, with paper plates and plastic forks. Rock was alone on one couch, with Benny and Dutch sitting in the other couch.

Drinks were in the form of bottles of beer.

When Akira faced the men, she greeted them, “Hi guys. Just thought I drop by.”

After swallowing some cake, Dutch turned towards Akira, as he warmly smiled at her. He said, “Happy to have you over. Especially, when you are looking that fine. I got to say, Revy does know how to pick out a dress for a woman.”

Revy shut the door, as she turned towards Dutch. She happily stated, “Thank, Dutch.”

Revy then walked over to the coffee table, and picked up the plate with a slice of cake she was eating with a fork.

Revy took a bite of the cake, as she sat down beside Rock, on the green couch Rock was sitting at.

Akira asked, “Is there a party going on?”

Revy swallowed her food. She turned to Akira, as she answered, “No. Believe it or not, Rock baked a cake. And a good one at that.”

Dutch commented, “Yea. It is quite good.”

Benny said, “No complains here.”

Akira inquired, “Can I have some?”

Rock replied, “Sure. Help yourself Akira.”

Akira went over to the coffee table and got some cake and beer.

She used the plastic knife and fork by the cake to cut herself a slice and put in on a paper plate. She then set a fresh fork on her plate, she then picked up a bottle of beer, and sat down sat down in a chair, near the couches. There was a small table by the chair, which she set her bottle and plate on.

A few seconds later, after Akira was comfortable in her chair, but before she had a bite of the cake, Benny asked, “So, Akira. How are things with your new Raven Unit?”

Akira responded, “Actually, it has been fine. And Lotton is being mindful to avoid the bigger fish that you like.”

Benny commented, “That is wise.”

Akira joked, “I know. We will just take the smaller, better paying fish.”

The Lagoon company members light laughed at Akira's joke.

A few seconds later, as they calmed down, Dutch complimented, “Good philosophy.”

Akira replied, “Thanks.” She then picked up her plate, took a bite of the cake with her fork and she found the cake to be delicious.

As Akira slowly chewed and swallowed the piece of cake in her mouth, she thought, 'This has a very strange taste, but very good. I must have more.'

She then went and got another piece of cake. And when she finished with that piece, she got another.

The others watched this, without complaint. Revy snickered, as she commented, “I think she likes it.”

Rock replied, “She can have as much as she wants. If we need to, we will bake some more.”

Dutch complimented, “That is a very mature outlook, Rock.”

Rock replied, “Thanks.”

Benny said, “Sometime, I will make my Florida ambrosia, again.”

Dutch commented, “Yea. That is some pretty good stuff, as well.”

After Akira finished third piece of cake, she set down her empty plate, as she finally opened her bottle of beer, and drank some beer to clear her throat. She then turned to Rock, as she inquired, “Rock. This is some good cake. Though, I have never eaten anything that tasted like that, before. What is in it?”

Rock answered, “It is a family recipe. But, that the primary ingredient is nattou. Still, because of the way the cake is made, you can barely taste, or even smell the fermented soybeans.”

Akira's eyes went wide.

The others saw this with concern showing on their faces.

They put their plates and drinks on the coffee table, as Rock asked, “What is the matter?”

Akira was already starting to feel hot, as she stated, “Okay. I will level you, guys. I don't blame you guys for this. This is a complete accident.”

“Still, when I eat nattou, it causes my female body to start releasing pheromones as a tremendous rate. These pheromones drive men, and I am more than likely sure, a few women here, crazy about me. Think love potion like crazy.”

Revy smirked, as she questioned, “Oh really?” She then started laughing.

Akira looked over at Revy, as she said, “Laugh it up, Revy. I can already feel it starting to take effect. And I am worried that in a few minutes, you guys are going to jump me.”

Revy question, “And why should we believe you?”

Akira pointed out, “I change genders with a sneeze. How is this any less believable? All I am trying to do is to save us from a whole lot of embarrassment.”

As Revy stopped laughing, she admitted, “You got a point there.”

Benny replied, in a comforting voice, “Relax, Akira. We are not going to do that to you. Worst case, we will likely just be nicer to you.”

Dutch backed Benny up, as he stated, “If you feel that your are that much in danger. Just change back into guy until the effects end.”

Akira slightly pulled against her tank top, as she requested, “Change back? Not in this outfit. Do any of your guys? And I mean guys. Not you, Revy. Have a spare change of clothes that I can borrow. So, I can change back?”

Benny and Dutch shook their heads, while Rock answered, “Sorry. But, none of us really keep a spare set of clothes here, that we can lend you."

Akira muttered under her breath, “Damn.”

Benny said, “Akira, don't make too much out of this. Anyway, I already have girlfriend. And so does Rock.”

Revy and Rock turned towards each other, as they smiled. They then looked back at Akira.

Akira requested, “How about you give me a ride back home?”

Dutch answered, “No good. Benny and I were working on the car before Rock brought out his cake. It will be another hour before it is finished.”

Revy suggested, “Geez. Just call a taxi for crying out loud, already.”

Akira stated, “In this city? The way I am right now, I don't trust the taxi drivers not to do something stupid. And I wouldn't make it half a city block on foot before most of the men, and half the crazy women in this town, would be after me. Weapons, or no weapons, the locals would be ripping off my clothes within minutes. Besides, I got nowhere to go right now.”

Rock asked, “What about Lotton and the others? We could call them to come get you and take you home.”

Akira responded, “In all honestly, given the situation. I trust you guys more than Shenhua, Sawyer, and Lotton. So, I really got no place to go at the moment. If it is okay with you. I will just go to another room here, and lock the door. I will just ride out the effects there.”

Dutch gave his permission, as he said, “It is okay with me, if you want to do that.”

Akira said, “Thanks.” She the got up from her chair, as she headed for the large supply room, that was next to the room she was in. She saw that the door had already been left open.

While Akira walked towards the door, Revy jumped up from the couch she was on. As she landed on her feet, she said, “I'll join you.”

Akira stopped, and turned to Revy. She said, “Okay.” She then turned back, and headed for the door to the large closet.

Revy grabbed a magazine full of pictures of women, and followed Akira into the supply room.

They went into the supply room, and Akira locked the door behind them.

After they sat in a couple of chair in the room, Akira thought, “I could risk a shower. But, it is best not to tempt the others, with the thought me being naked, right now.”

Akira sat there quietly, thinking to herself, while Revy looked at her magazine.

Ten minutes into being in the supply room, and Revy started to inch closer to Akira.

At first, Akira did not notice this, until Revy was literally sniffing her. Akira turned to Revy, as she exclaimed, “What the hell, Revy?!”

Revy gave her a crocked smile, as she responded, “You just smell so good, Akira.”

Akira realized what was happening, as she stated, “Revy. Considering our past, I should have known better that to stay with you. My pheromones are affecting you, too.”

Revy moved her face closer to Akira's face, while she said, “You make it sound like a bad thing.”

Akira pointed out, “Revy, you have already had your fun with me. There is no mystery here for you.”

Revy licked her lips, as she retorted, “That doesn't mean we can't have some more fun.”

Akira pushed Revy back. She then stood up, as she as she proclaimed, “No way. I am getting out of here.”

Akira then went to the door, and unlocked it.

When Akira opened the door, she saw Rock, Dutch, and Benny smiling at her, while offering her presents.

Benny was offering her bouquet of pretty flowers.

Rock was offering her a box of chocolates.

And Dutch was offering her a bottle of some of his finest alcoholic beverages. Specifically, an unopened bottle of Ardbeg Providence. This is the he would kill over.

Akira realized in thought, 'Air conditioning. My pheromones have been circulating through the entire building. And they have been exposed. Though, there gifts are nice.'

'And Dutch would likely fight over that bottle of alcohol. I know that Ardbeg Providence is both rare, and expensive here. Also, it doesn't exist in my reality. I checked when I first saw the Black Lagoon series. Though, I will someday ask for a taste. But, not today. Right now, I need to stop this from getting any further out of hand. And I know just how to do that.'

Akira quickly said to the men, in the sweetest, most polite tone of voice possible for her, “Guys. I glad you are being polite about this. You are doing this the right way. And your offers are both, truly tempting, and endearing. Especially, you Dutch. I know how much a bottle of that stuff means to you. But, when a girl says, no, She means, no.”

Akira then ran passed the men, out the front door, and down the steps, towards the port,

Revy was the first to follow behind her.

Meanwhile, Dutch begged, “Hey, wait.” He, Benny, and Rock, then followed the women outside.

Akira was running for the Lagoon, as the four other adults were chased her.

With her back turned to them, Akira screamed, “Sorry guys! But, I am doing this for all our sakes! In a few hours, when you come to your senses, you are going to thank me for turning you down!”

When she reached the Lagoon, which was in the water, by a dock, she jumped down into the engine room, and sealed the top hatch behind her.

Akira then quickly sealed the other door to the engine room, as well.

After locking herself inside the Lagoon engine room, sat down on the metal floor, as she thought, 'I am going to have ride out the effects, here. Until they wear off.'

For the first half hour, she heard banging on both doors. Though, the banging gradually stopped.

Close to three and a half hours later, she finally stopped feeling warm.

It was then that she existed the top hatch of the engine room.

After she went ashore, she took off her weapons, and used a water hose to rinses off most of the pheromones still clinging to her body and clothing.

A few minutes later, she collected her weapons and went back inside the Lagoon company crew, to meet with the Lagoon crew.

Akira saw four adults were sitting by the coffee table, on the couches.

As they all turned to look at her, Revy got up from her seat, and walked over to Akira. She then sniffed her. She stated, “You don't smell nice anymore.”

Akira let out a sigh of relief. She responded, “Good. It means the nattou has worn off.”

Akira looked over at the guys.

She saw from their facial expressions, that Rock and Benny were embarrassed with themselves.

Meanwhile, Dutch's face was unreadable. Though, he calmly stated, “You were right. And thank you for stopping us.”

Akira apologize, “It's okay. None of us went too far. Still, sorry about what happened.”

Rock calming said, “Don't worry about it. As you pointed out, before this mess happened. It was just an accident. You had no way of knowing about my cake. And we had no way of know about your reaction. So, it is just a misunderstanding.”

Benny commented, “Yea. It is just another crazy adventure story to tell my kids, someday. When I have some.”

Akira smiled at them. She then requested, “Could I use your phone. I had to rinse off my clothing. And I am soaking wet. At the very least, I could use a change of clothing.”

Dutch responded, “Go ahead. I think we have had enough of an adventure for today.”

Akira replied, “Thanks.” She then walked over to the phone in the room, and picked it up. She then dialed the number for the taxi company she used.

As Akira did so, Dutch turned to Revy, as he stated, “Also, Revy, don't go getting any ideas about using this as a joke someday. This is the type joke that could get someone killed. Or, worse.”

Revy turned to Dutch, as she replied, “I wasn't planning too.” She thought, 'Though, I am planning to tell Shenhua, and Sawyer. Later today. And they will likely tell Lotton. It is not good to keep secrets from friends.'

A minute later, Akira had call the cap. And she then waited for it, inside, with the Lagoon crew. Rock even got up and handed Akira a towel to dry off herself, and the clothing she kept on.

A little while later, when the cap came to a stop outside of the building, the driver honked his horn.

Akira said, “See you later.” She then exited the building, and got into the taxi. Soon after, the taxi took Akira home.

When Akira got home, she took a shower, changed her clothing, and just rested for the rest of the day.

(_)

The next day, during lunch time, in the apartment that the members of Raven Unit lived in, inside the kitchen, Akira sat at the table, as a guy.

And Akira found himself in another interesting situation.

Shenhua was trying get Akira a nattou based meal she had made for him.

Lotton and Sawyer across the table, snickered, while they watch the two of them.

Shenhua said, “Come on, try it. I am sure you will like it.”

Akira refused, as he responded, “It is obvious that Revy told you what happened yesterday. And I am not going to have a repeat of that today. Besides, I do not even like nattou. But, I am willing to compromise. I will treat you all to lunch today, in exchange for you never trying to get me to eat nattou, again.”

Lotton and Sawyer just warmly smiled at Akira, as they the thought of getting a free lunch out of the situation.

Shenhua shrugged towards Akira. She said, “You have a deal.”

The four adults soon headed out of them home, and to Lotton's car, as they were trying to decent which restaurant to go to, for Akira to treat them to their meals.

(_)

G Gundam reality.

It has been a month since they had come to Earth to fight in the gundam tournament, and Tsutomu and Birdy were enjoying some much earned downtime.

In the last month, they had fought and won seven gundam matches. Three were no contest. Two were a challenge. And the last two were difficult battles that they barely won, without using their trump cards.

Those trump cards were the hyper-resolve, and a few other tricks. All of which were in reserve for when they faced the Shuffle Alliance, and their hyper modes.

They had yet to meet any of the members of the Shuffle Alliance, and they were happy about that fact.

Of the two difficult battles, one of the fighters had disregarded their warning of not taking into account of those they fought around. Instead, the fighter got into his gundam, and started a fight in the middle of the city.

Fortunately, Tsutomu and Birdy were able to force the enemy gundam fight to move to a deserted area, where they defeated the gundam fighter. And they did as they promised they would. They destroyed the fighter's gundam head, disqualifying them from the tournament.

Presently, it was early in the night. As their gundam was being worked on, by the support crew, at a nearby warehouse. Tsutomu and Birdy were with their baby daughter, Violin, one of the many hotel rooms they had stayed at during their trip across Europe.

Birdy and Tsutomu sat in a rocking chair, gently rocked their bundled up, baby daughter, Violin, back and forth, to help her fall asleep.

The nannies would be back in the morning, to care for their daughter, as they went out seeking to fight other Gundam fighters.

But for now, the two mothers could enjoy some peaceful, quiet time, with their baby daughter.

(_)

Black Lagoon reality, Roanapur, Thailand.

It has been just over a week since the nattou incident. Fortunately, the members of Lagoon company, and Akira, took the whole thing in stride, afterward. There were even a few laughs from them about what happened, when they saw each other, a few days after the event.

Currently, it was the middle of the warm, sunny afternoon. Akira was a guy, in his usual men's clothing. With him and Lotton inside the Yellowflag. They were sitting at a table, as they talked.

Shenhua, Sawyer, and Lagoon company, were all busy that day. So, it was just Akira and Lotton. With neither man complaining about the situation.

Akira was drinking a bottle of beer, while Lotton drunk a glass of milk.

Including Bao, the bartender, there were a few other men in the bar, besides Akira and Lotton. Though, at the moment, there were no women in the room.

Lotton commented, “You, if you think, we are kinda of lucky. We get to work with, and be with, some very hot looking women around. When it comes to sexiness, they are the best of the best.

Akira responded, “Still. They are very dangerous women. But, you are right. They are very sexy. And they are real bad girls. So, between you and me, who do you think is the hottest bad girl around here?” Akira winked at Lotton, with his right eye. He continued, “Not counting the blond babe we personally know.”

Lotton admitted, “I honestly don't know. They are all so hot.”

Akira offhandedly commented, “Yea. I know. It would be difficult to choose. I wish there was a way to figure that out. If only we could have a contest. Hell, make it a bad girl bikini contest.”

A man from a nearby table overheard Akira's idea. He told those around him, “Did you hear that guy's idea? A bikini contest between the sexiest bad girls of the city.”

Another man responded, “Sure. While we are all too scared to even look at them for too long. You got to admit. The bad girls of this city have excellent racks, and figures. Could you imagine putting them all into a single contest, to show off what they look like in bikinis? It is insane enough to work.”

A third man said, “Oh man. That would be the perfect contest. A battle of sexiness. Only, without the usual bloodshed. Throw in some beers for the spectators, and this would sell out an entire stadium.”

A forth man stated, “That could also be very profitable, from betting stand point.”

Akira heard what the other men had said. He quickly turned around, in his chair, to the others talking about the contest he had suggested. He stated, “Hey. Wait a minute. That was just a suggestion. Nothing serious.”

But, it was too late. The situation had snowballed out of Akira's control. The idea spread like wildfire, from person to person. Within a day, the idea had spread across the town, and to the highest levels of the controlling criminal families of the city. And all the families loved the idea, for various reasons.

By the end of the next day, the five families had met. And they had even come up with name for the contest, “The Roanapur Bad Girls Bikini Contest”.

Even the women that would be part of the bikini contest loved the idea of entering such a contest.

And so, the criminal families started organizing the bikini contest. With rumors already starting to circulate that the contest would take place within a few weeks.

(_)

The following morning, Revy was in her bedroom, in the apartment the Lagoon company members lived in. She talking on the phone to Shenhua and Sawyer, from their home.

As they talked, in Shenhua and Sawyer's home, Akira and Lotton had left with in Lotton's car to do some grocery shopping.

Meanwhile, in the apartment that the Lagoon company lived in, the Lagoon men knew better than to disturb Revy, in her bedroom, unless it was for an important job.

Revy sat in her bed, as she was grinning ear to ear. She said into her phone, “Yea. I heard about it. And I love the idea. It is the best way to size up each other without shooting at each other. So, what do you girls think?”

Sawyer was sitting in the kitchen of her home. With her electrolarynx choker, she replied into her phone, “It is interesting.”

Shenhua, whom was sitting on the living room couch, said into her cordless phone, “This has the potential for a lot of fun.”

Revy replied, “I thought as much. I even heard who came up with the idea.”

Sawyer asked, “Who?”

Revy giggled a little. She then answered, “Our student Akira. I am surprised, after everything we have done to him, that he still has the balls to come up with such an idea.”

Shenhua stated, “Them. But, neither of say anything about it.”

Revy responded, “That is because they are both intelligent people. You do not start a fire, and admit to it. I got the information from Bao. It seems that your boys, Akira and Lotton, were talking about who was the hottest babe in town. To decide. Akira came up with the idea for a bikini contest. Some other men heard idea. The liked it. And they shared it with others.”

Sawyer commented, “That sounds like, Akira.”

Shenhua said, “Yes. Akira can be very creative.”

Revy agreed, “Yes. Akira can be, when he, or she, wants to be. Now, we need to get ready for this. I say tomorrow we go out and help each other pick out some nice bikinis.”

Shenhua replied, “Good idea.”

Sawyer asked, “What time?”

Revy suggested, “Ten in the morning sound good for you?”

Sawyer answered, “I can make that.”

Shenhua responded, “We will be there.”

Revy stated, “Of course. We all know I am taking first place. But, second and third aren't so bad.”

Shenhua responded, “While I admit you have the looks. A Contest like this more than just about looks. Contest like this require grace, which is something you don't have. While, I have plenty of. I will be taken first place. You will be second.

Sawyer commented, “I suggest we keep the sniping to a minimum until the contest.”

Revy said, “You're right.”

Shenhua replied, “Okay.”

Revy commented, “Also, we are going to need two more things, for what what I have in mind.”

Sawyer inquired, “And what would that be?”

Revy told the other two women.

Shenhua stated, “I like it. The look on his face would be worth doing so, alone.”

Sawyer requested, “I get to pick the color.”

Revy replied, “That is fine with me.”

(_)

The next two weeks put the city into a tailspin as the criminal families got ready and set up for the first Roanapur bad girls bikini contest.

The bikini contest would be held in an outdoor stadium, which was owned by Chang's Triad organization. The families already guessed that the place would be packed with men, and a few women, whom would by tickets, they moment they went on sale. And they were proven correct.

Though, the families made it clear they would not tolerate scalpers. And they set a limit of six tickets per person.

To that end, everyone that went to Roanapur, as either tourist, or resident, eventually learned from word of mouth, or a bullet, about the wild, dangerous bad girls of the city.

It has been debated more than a few times which one of these bad girls was the hottest. Though, all such debates were behind closed doors, for fear of said women overhearing such conversations.

When the contest was publicly announce in the city, and the date of the contest stated, the casinos started accepting bets on who would win.

Within three days of the public announcement, the total betting pool over the contest had already broken the billion U.S. dollar mark. With the families agreeing to equally split the winnings.

Also, sign ups were done at the various casinos in the city. And while a number of the bad girls did sign up. The sane women of the city, wisely did not.

With the only reward for the winner would be bragging rights. Which admittedly was enough for this lot.

It was decided that the announcer would be Rock. It was well known that he held a professional attitude, and the fact he was used to dealing with psychotic and sociopathic women on a daily basis, increased the chance he could handle the situation, if one of the bad girls caused a problem on stage.

When Akira learned that Rock was the announcer, he said, “Lucky bastard.”

Along with all this, the three judges were decided to be Chang. Because he was considered the sanest of the leaders of the families.

Boris. Because Balalaika declined the offer. He was second in command of Hotel Moscow. Also, he was considered a fair judge of character.

And Dutch. Because everyone had done business with him through the Lagoon Company, and he made for an interesting wildcard.

The judges would sit at a table right in front of the stage.

The three judges would write their score on the billboards, then hold them up for the contestant to see, before turning them around for the audience. Also, they would each keep the total scores on separate pieces of paper. To prevent possible tampering from the other two judges.

In an attempt to increase the gambling options, and betting pools for the families, they originally planned for the bikini contest to have three parts. A speech. A talent portion. And a runway walk. With bets on each part of the contest, and whom the overall winner would be. The winner being whomever scored the most total points from in all. With the women in question wearing bikinis through out the contest.

Then, the family heads started thinking about whom the participants actually were.

Considering most of the women whom signed up for the contest were known to speak with a level of vulgarity that would make a sailor envious. There would be no speech portion of the contest.

And given what talents these girls specialized in, along with the fact that most of them do not like each other. If they did have a talent portion, with their weapons, the families would never get the blood stains out off the stage floor. So, they wisely declined not have a talent portion, as well. With the women not being allowed to bring their weapons.

If one of the contestants was caught with a weapon, they would disqualified from the contest. Along with this, violence between contestants, staff, or customers, was also a disqualifying offense.

Though, that left only the bikini runway walk portion of the contest.

It was also decided that the music put on for the contest, to set the mood, would be soft rock.

And the families had agreed the Chang's Triad organization would provide security.

The Triad members made it very clear to everyone, in advance, that any troublemakers would not be seen alive again.

Along with this, during the contest, there were no cameras allowed in the stadium. Except for three film crews which were controlled for the families personal use. Each of these cameras and recorders were all manned and guarded by the Triad members.

The police were bribed and warned not to come.

And during the time of the contest, the sane, pretty women of the city steered clear of the contest. With them either staying home, or leaving town for a few days, before and during for the contest.

(_)

At the stadium, on the day of the contest, it was a nice, warm, sunny day.

The contest was scheduled to start in less than half an hour.

Akira, as a guy, was wearing shirt, pants, shoes, etc. He was walking down one of the large hallways, under the stadium, that lead to the bleacher stands.

There were other people in the large hallways, though most of the spectators had already headed up to the bleachers. Which was where Akira was planning on heading.

Akira thought, 'I am glad Lotton bought those tickets for Benny, myself, and himself. With the three of us deciding we would sit together, and comment on the contestants, while we had some beers. And this is going to be so much fun.'

Akira then noticed Revy, Shenhua, and Sawyer, walking towards him. The women were in their usual clothing. And Sawyer had on her electrolarynx choker.

Akira thought, 'They are wearing their regular clothes. It is likely, their bikinis are likely underneath. That is what a lot of women did when they go to the beach.'

When the three women reached Akira, he said, “Hi girls. Good luck in the contest.”

Revy gave Akira a wicked grin, as she replied, “Well Akira. We need to talk about the contest.”

The three then roped Akira into following them down a private alcove, near them. They did so, by Revy putting her left arm around Akira neck, Shenhua grabbing his right arm, and Sawyer walking behind him.

When they reached the alcove, the women let go of Akira.

Akira turned around to face them. He then noticed that Revy pulled something out from between her breasts. Next, she handed it to him.

Akira looked at what was in his hands. It was two, small, brown, pieces of cloth. The two clothes formed from the two pieces of a bikini.

Akira looked up at the women, with dread in his eyes.

As the three women noticed Akira's reaction, Revy remarked, “And just your female size, too.”

Akira already realized what the three women wanted from him. Or, more aptly, her. He sternly said, “No. And I mean, no. Besides, I already have plans. Lotton, Benny, and I already have seats for this. They will even allow us to drink beer. This is likely the spectator event for men, in this town, for this year. I want to watch with a few friends, and lots of beer. Not join in on the contest, as a girl.”

Shenhua stated, “It was your idea. So, you are going to be a part of it.”

Akira whined, “I don't care how you found out. Just so you know, I have been though this before when I was younger, and it ended badly for me. I have no interest in repeating that experience. So, the answer is still, no.”

Sawyer commented, “Don't be that way. And it is good that you already have experience.”

Akira stated, “I don't even have an alias for my female side. And I am not using my real name.”

Shenhua replied, “Let us worry about that.”

Akira responded, “I would rather be shot and dropped into shark infested waters. It would be safer.”

Revy commented, “That can be arranged. Or, we could tell everyone about your little blond trick.”

Akira snapped, “That is a secret.”

Shenhua pointed out, “And I am sure you wish for her to remain a secret.”

Akira protested, “Most people here don't even know I exist. Let alone my girl side. Going out there as a girl in this.” He crumpled the bikini into his right hand, as he held up the brown pieces of cloth. He continued, “Would be like putting a large bullseye on my back, as a woman.”

Revy said, “Think of it as part of your training.” Revy's voice turned grim, as she continued, “And if you sabotage this for yourself, you will regret it.”

Akira bitterly thought, 'I am not going to win this won. Damn it. And I was so hoping to have some fun today.' He replied, in defeat. “Okay. I'll do it. But, I got to go find a place to change. I will see you all back stage in ten minutes.”

(_)

In the stadium, Lotton and Benny sat side by side.

Lotton was drinking a bottle of milk, Benny had a bottle of beer.

Lotton said, “Akira better hurry. Or, he will miss seeing the contest.”

Benny responded, “Oh. I won't worry about that. Revy said she had something planned for Akira.”

Lotton understood the subtext of Benny's. He chuckled. A few seconds later, as he calmed down, he inquired, “Oh. This will be interesting. So, did you place any bets?”

Benny replied, “Hell no. I know too many people involved in the contest. I don't want to be accused of cheating.”

Lotton said, “Yea. The same reason I didn't place any bets.”

Benny asked, “So, who do you think is going to win?”

Lotton thought about Benny's question for a few seconds. He then commented, “Knowing the judges. It might be more of a case of who is going to lose.”

Benny almost immediately understood what Lotton was alluding too. He said, “Good point.”

(_)

Several minutes later, in the back of the stage, Akira had found a private place to secretly change into her blond female form. She then changed into her brown bikini, and she hid her male clothing.

As she made her away among the crowd of contestants, she looked around at the several beautiful, yet deadly women, whom she had only previously seen around town.

Akira thought, 'Virtually, every bad girl in the city must be here. Including the regular Black Lagoon babe cast. And they are all so hot. Though, I am not going to try anything, with any one of them. Especially, as a woman, myself. I am not that crazy. Still, to be honest, I had no idea there were this many bad girls in the city.'

'That being said. The one good thing about having so many psychotic, murderous babes, that are very skilled killers, in this city, the per capita of random rapes in this town is actually one of the lowest on the planet. I even checked that claim, and everything I found on the subject, was proven to be true.'

'For this city, the general rule of thumb is the hotter a babe, the more deadlier she is. Which, I admit is true. Still, that makes me feel better on the rare occasions, when the girls drag me out in town, as a woman. And I have to walk in public with them.'

Akira was then approached by a smaller, young woman with blond hair, and tanned. The woman was wearing a nice, yellow colored bikini, which matched the color of her blond hair.

Akira stopped in her tracks, as she looked over at the woman. Akira immediately recognized the woman.

The woman greeted Akira, in english, “Hi. I'm Janet Bhai. Looking around, you seem like the only other sane person here.”

Akira thought, 'Oh, that's right. A week ago, Revy mentioned to me, in passing, that Janet, Benny's girlfriend, had recently moved in with the Lagoon company crew.'

'Revy said Dutch was the one to come up with the idea. That Janet's technological and communications skills would be a great assistance to Benny. And it allows the couple to alternated between working on communications, keeping an eye on enemies, on their radar and other equipment. Making it easier for Lagoon Company to do their piracy job.'

'Though, I think that Dutch came up with the idea, after seeing how good an influence I was on Revy. With his thinking in bringing in Janet being that if he welcomed a sane woman, whom was already in a relationship with Benny, to his crew. Doing so would only be beneficial to the group dynamic he has for his crew. With Janet possibly have a good influence on Revy, as well.'

'Well, I might as well say, hi.'

Akira said, “Nice to meet you, Janet. Revy had mentioned you moved in with the Lagoon crew.”

Janet asked, “You know, Revy?”

Akira coyly responded, “Yea. I know her more than I care to admit.”

Janet let out a small laugh. She inquired, “I know the feeling. So, what is your name?”

Akira thought, 'Damn. I don't have an alias to use. But, I may not need one, just yet.'

Akira answered, “I would love to tell you right now. But, not in front of everyone. Still, you can tell your boyfriend that I am Revy's blond student. Benny will vouch for me.” She thought, 'I am sure Benny will tell her about my gender bending abilities, eventually. But, I am not going to say a word about my abilities, here. In front of so many people.

Janet questioned, “Okay. So, what do think of this contest.”

Akira honestly answered, “A foolish suggestion, by a foolish man.”

Janet responded, “Of course. A man would think of this. So, I take it, from your answer, that Revy pressed you into being in this contest?”

Akira thought, 'You are sharp, Janet.' She asked, “Something like that. So, why are you in the contest?”

Janet answered, “My boyfriend suggested it. And Revy even stated she would make sure no one here would harm me.”

Akira replied, “That is very kind of her.” She thought, 'It truly is.'

Janet responded, “I know. Though, I am worried that I just do not have the figure and breasts some of the other girls here have.”

Akira complimented, “Janet. I have it on good authority that you likely have the largest rack on this island. Myself included.”

Janet smiled at Akira's compliment, as she said, “Thank you. And good luck in the contest.”

Akira replied, “You too.”

Suddenly, Akira heard a familiar female voice, from behind her, say, “Ah. There you are.”

Akira and Janet turned around to see that it was the Shenhua, Sawyer, and Revy, walk up to stop next to them. With Revy being the one whom had addressed them both.

Revy was wearing blood red bikini that barely covered everything needed for her to legally remain in public.

Shenhua on the other hand wore a stylish, purple bikini.

And Sawyer wore a simple white bikini that looked good on her petite, pale body. Though, she was not wearing her electrolarynx choker.

The three women looked Akira up and down, as Revy commented, “My, you are looking good. But, not as good as us.”

The other two women just snickered at Akira.

Janet asked Revy, “Hi Revy.”

Revy turned to Janet, as she responded, “Hi Janet. I see you met our student. And I am sure you remember my two, new good friends.” She then waved a hand towards Shenhua and Sawyer.

Janet then noticed Shenhua and Sawyer. And she recognized them as two of the members of those that tried to kill her months ago. She tensed up at being so close to them.

Revy reassured Janet, as she said, “Relax. They are not going to hurt you.” Revy then turned to Sawyer and Shenhua, as she continued, “Girls. As you know, this is Janet. She is currently staying with us. She is Benny's girlfriend. So, please be nice to her.”

Since Sawyer was unable to talk, without her electrolarynx choker, Sawyer just simply smiled, and nodded once towards Janet.

Shenhua greeted Janet, “Nice to meet you, under better circumstances. We're not paid to kidnap, nor kill you, right now. So, you will be fine.”

Akira commented, “Relax Janet. I am living with these two. And a gentlemen. Anyway, as long as you don't piss them off, if they do kill you. It will be quick. Messy. But, quick.” She thought, 'I don't know if my comment did more harm the good. But, I needed to say something.'

Revy, Shenhua, and Sawyer giggled at Akira's comment.

Janet nervously replied, “Okay.” She then began to relax again.

Akira noticed Janet begin to realize. She thought, 'Well, I guess my comment did help.'

Just then, soft rock music began to lightly play. This signaled to everyone that the bikini contest was able to start.

(_)

A few minutes later, as the soft rock music could be lightly heard in the background, from the speakers, on the sides of the stage, those sitting in the stands watched as the announcer walk onto the large stage, signally the start of the bikini contest.

The announcer was Rock. He wore a black suit, tie, and dress shoes. He held an antenna microphone in his right hand. In his left hand was a piece of paper, with the list of women contestants, and in what order they would be in.

Between the front of the state, and the bleachers, was a raised platform, that was almost as high as the stage. On the platform was a rectangular table, and three chairs set behind the table, longways, with the chairs facing towards the stage.

In the chairs, from left to right, was Chang, Dutch, and Boris. On the table with three glasses of water, a pitcher of water in the center of the table, three markers, three separate stacks of score cards, three pens, and three notepads. With all of these items present to allow the three men to do their jobs as judges.

Rock looked at the three men. Chang, Dutch, and Boris looked back at Rock. Each of the three men nodded once towards Rock, signaling they were each ready for the contest to begin.

Rock said, into the microphone, “Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. Welcome to the first Roanapur Bad Girl Bikini Contest The rules are simple. The contestants will walk out here, and the judges will score the contestants by their looks. Now, let us greet our first contestant, and my favorite. The redheaded femme fatale, Revy!”

Rock thought, 'One of the agreements of me being the announcer was that I got to pick who went first. And I am sure this is going to win me bonus points with Revy, tonight.'

Rock then walked to the left side of the stage, to allow Revy plenty of room on the large stage.

Revy was the first contestant to work on stage. Like all the contestants, she walked between the red curtains, that lead to the back stated. And she did as all the women participating the contest were instructed to do, as per the rules of the contest. She walk out on the front stage, to stop near the front edge of the stage, in front of the judges. She then did a slow turn around, and stopped, to face the judges.

Dutch was the first to hold up a score.

Both Boris and Chang quietly looked at Dutch's score card. Because Dutch was giving Revy a ten.

Dutch noticed this, as he quietly stated, “She said if I didn't give her a ten, that she would castrate me. And that is not an idol threat.”

Chang smiled, as he said, “I can appreciate that. Shenhua gave me a similar warning. That if I did not give both her and Sawyer tens, I would regret it.”

Chang then gave Revy an eight.

Boris just chuckled, as he thought, 'There goes impartiality. On the first contestant. To boot.' He said, in english, with his russian accent, “If that is the way you two want to play it... Fine.”

Boris held up a two.

Revy noticed Boris' low score of her. She snapped at him, “What?! Do you have a death wish?!”

Boris grinned ear to ear, as he responded, “You wouldn't dare. And this is for pointing your pistols at the captain and I.”

Both Dutch and Chang took noticed at Boris comment. They look at Revy, then to Boris, then back to Revy.

Dutch stated, “Damn, Revy. I am surprised you are still alive.”

Chang replied, “I agree.”

Revy grumbled, “I did it to save Rock from one of his more nobler acts of stupidity.”

Meanwhile, Rock was nearby, and heard everything. He wisely chose to remain silent.

Dutch responded, “I am not faulting you for what you did, Revy. I am just surprised you, and Rock, to are still alive.”

Chang commented, “So am I.”

Dutch calmly requested, “Now, Revy. How about you head backstage, so we can get this contest moving again.”

Revy looked over at Boris, for a couple of second. She then sighed, as she thought, 'Dutch has a point. And there is nothing I can do about this.' Next, Revy turned around, and walked back, passed the curtains of the stage.

As Dutch watched Revy disappear from view, he thought, 'Well, that went better than I expect. And it looks like, in a way, the old saying applies here. That payback can be a bitch. Or, in this case. Payback is a bastard. Or, three bastards. To be precise. And I am sure. For years. All three of us have wanted to take these women down a notch. And now, we finally get our chance, in a way that will not come back to haunt us.'

Rock then announces a few other bad girls walked onto the stage, and received middle level scores.

Rock then announced, “And folks, here is Eda, of the Church of Violence.”

Eda then walked out on stage, with her fair skin and long blond hair. She wore a black bikini.

From within the crowd came a number of comments, about Eda.

“Whoa, she's hot.”

“You got that right.”

“Is that the young nun from the ripoff church?”

“Yea. I have never seen her out of the habit before.”

“She has some real piercing blue eyes."

“I would convert for her.”

When Eda turned and came to face the judges, they all gave her each a one.

Eda's jaw dropped, as she exclaimed, “Huh?!”

All three judges smiled at Eda's reaction.

Chang commented, “You need to treat your customers better.”

Dutch stated, “Customer service does matter.”

Boris said, “And you currently have very little, in that department.”

Eda replied, “Humph!” She turned around and exited the stage.

After several more contestants, Janet was eventually announce. And she walked out onto the stage, in her yellow bikini.

(_)

From the bleachers, Benny stated, “That's my girlfriend.”

Beside Benny, Lotton complimented, “I got to admit. You have a hot girlfriend.”

Benny replied, “Thanks.”

(_)

On the front stage, as Janet stopped in front of the judges, Dutch suggested to Chang and Boris, “I admit that she is not the hottest one here. But, I will vouch for her. She is a good girl. So, lets give her a good score.”

Chang replied, “Works for me.”

Boris replied, “I can go along with that.”

Dutch gave Janet a seven. Chang and Boris gave her each a six.

Janet just smiled at them, as she thought, 'That is a respectable score.' She then turned around, and returned backstage.

Boris commented, “Now, there is a good sport.”

After a few more babes in bikinis, it was Shenhua's turned to grace the stage.

Chang gave her a ten.

Boris gave her a seven.

Dutch gave her a two.

Shenhua frowned at Dutch.

Dutch stated, “I have not forgotten that you and the cleaner helped burn down my place of business, and my car.”

Shenhua shrugged, as she responded, “Not to worry. I fully understand.”

Dutch said, “Good. And let Sawyer know she is getting a two from me, as well.”

Shenhua replied, “I will.”

Shenhua then walked back behind the curtains.

Soon after, Sawyer strut her stuff on the stage.

Chang gave her a ten.

Boris gave her a four. He admitted, “I have to be honest. I just do not find small women attractive.”

Dutch gave her a two. He commented, “This is what we call payback.”

Since Sawyer was unable to talk, she just shrugged her shoulders, and rolled her eyes at Dutch. Next, she returned backstage.

A couple of dozen more women came and went from the stage. All receiving mid-ranged scores for various reason.

Suddenly Revy, still in her bikini, ran out on stage, and quickly whispered something into Rock's ear. She then ran back behind the curtains.

Rock announced, “Ladies and Gentlemen. I have just been informed we will be having a special, surprised contestant. Give it up for the most powerful woman in Roanapur. Miss Balalaika of Hotel Moscow.”

Balalaika then walked out on staged, in a royal blue bikini that was in style that seem to some how capture refinement with so little cloth.

She walked with a grace of a cat, and her scars some how accented her beauty, instead of detracting for it.

The members of Hotel Moscow in the crowd went wild, as they cheered on their leader.

When Balalaika stopped in front of the judges, Dutch gave her and eight. He said, “I have to admit. She makes that look good.”

Boris gave her a ten. He smiled, as he agreed, “She certainly does.”

Chang gave her a six, as he commented, “Hey. I love living dangerously.”

Balalaika displayed the manners of a lady, as she did not respond to their scores in in any way. Instead, she turned around and exited the stage through the curtains.

(_)

Ten minutes later, after a number of other girls, Akira was backstage.

Akira mentally wonder for the fifth time during the contest, 'Since I am not using my name, and with no alias, how will I know when it is my turned?'

Suddenly, Akira heard Rock announced, “And here we have a new addition to the city. The mysterious blond, harbor girl.”

Revy walked up beside Akira, as she stated, “That means you, blondie.” She then pushed Akira towards the curtains.

Akira got the hint, as she started walking towards the outside part of the stage.

Akira silently prayed, 'Please, don't let my bikini self-destruct, like last time. Not in front of this group. I will never live it down.'

Akira made herself smile, as she walked passed the red curtains, and out onto the front stage, in her brown bikini.

As Akira walked up to the judges, she thought, 'It could be worse. I have done some stupid things in the past. But, I have learned from them.'

(_)

As the crowd got a look at her, there were more than a few comments from the men in the bleachers.

“Who is that?”

“I don't know.”

“She looks hot, though.”

(_)

Meanwhile, Benny and Lotton were laughing their asses off as they saw Akira, as a girl, in the brown bikini that Revy, Shenhua, and Sawyer, had picked out for her.

Between laughs, Benny said, “I wish I had a camera.”

Between laughs, Lotton agreed, “Me too.” Lotton thought, 'And I do in my sunglasses. Along with a microphone. Not that anyone here knows, besides Shenhua and Sawyer. I am so going to enjoy replaying this at home for years go come.'

As they both calmed down, Benny stated, “This is just grade A priceless.”

Lotton kept looking at Akira, so as not to ruin the recording. He commented, “The teasing we are going to give her, after this, is going to be so much fun. And she was the one that came up with the bikini contest in the first place.”

Benny did not take her eyes off of Akira, as he inquired, “Really?”

Lotton replied, “Yea, I was there.”

(_)

At the judge's table, Chang continued to look at Akira, as he commented, “She looks familiar. Shenhua said something about Lotton's group having a blond woman working for them. Though, she didn't give any details.”

Dutch stated, “Trust me, Chang. You do not want anything to do with her. Shenhua is keeping her secrets for the sake of your sanity.”

Chang shrugged, as he replied, “Well, I do trust her.”

Dutch said, “Good. Though, I will admit she is easy on the eyes.”

Boris agreed, “You have that right. She does not have that psychotic look in her eyes that most of the contestants have.”

The other two men nodded in agreement.

Dutch gave Akira a nine.

Chang and Boris both gave her an eight.

Akira smiled at the scores. She then turned and skipped to the backstage.

(_)

As the contest continued, in the stands, Lotton knew Benny was a genius. And that Benny was easily keeping count of the score. He asked Benny, “Who is currently winning?”

Benny took a drink of his bottle of beer. He then responded, “You would be surprised.”

(_)

A little while later, at the end of the contest, Akira mentally wondered, 'I wonder who the victim... I mean winner will be?'

Suddenly, Rock announced, “And the winner is... The mysterious blond harbor girl!”

Akira's eyes went wide as she noticed the murderous gazes the other contestants were suddenly giving her.

Akira quickly made her way onto the front stage, where she saw the temporally safe from the crown of women backstage.

Akira looked in front of herself, as she made her way towards Rock. She thought, with worry, 'Talk about bad choices in getting out of here. Do I take my chances wading through the riled up, drunken men in the crowd? Or, do I go backstage, and die a horrible death from the army of bad girls that lost?... Well, then again, that might actually work...'

As Akira made it to stand by Rock, to the man's left side, Rock pocked his list, in his left hand. He then used his left hand to gently grab Akira's right wrist and raise it up into the air.

Rock held Akira's hand there, as he said into the microphone, in his right hand, “Folks. Here is our winner of the first Roanapur Bad Girl Bikini Contest. Now, a few words from our victor.”

Rock then left go of Akira's right hand, with Akira dropping her right hand back to her side.

Rock put his left hand over his microphone. He quietly said, “I know you didn't have a choice in participating. I will try my best to help convince Revy not to kill you.”

Akira whispered back, “Thanks.”

Rock then handed the microphone over to Akira.

Akira held the microphone in her hands, as she stated, into the device, “I would love to say a few words. But, I would rather like to get out of here alive.”

Akira tossed the microphone back to Rock, whom caught it. She then turned around, and ran to the backstage as fast as her to bare feet could carry her. Leaving a very confused crowd behind.

(_)

Chang watched the whole spectacle. He chuckled to himself, as he thought, 'With this unknown newcomer winning, all the bets placed on the contest now belong to the house.'

'And considering most of the casinos that accepted the bets are either owned by my Triad, or Hotel Moscow, both groups stand to rake in several hundreds of millions of dollars on this cookie cutter contest. Though, we will have to split the winnings with the other families. But, that is a small price to pay for this contest.'

'To add to that, because I am one of the judges. I know for sure that this blond girl did not cheat. In spite of everything. She won through honest means. I like that. And I need to find out more about this girl.'

(_)

Meanwhile at the moment, Akira rushed backstage, running passed the other contestants before they even realized what had happened.

Most of the contestants had already gotten dressed into their street clothes.

Though, the women soon followed after Akira, but Akira had managed to gain a good head start.

After a couple of twists and turns, down the hallways, Akira ducked into the backstage men's restroom.

Akira made sure the door to the restroom closed quickly, but quietly.

She then turned, and swiftly rushed over to where she had stashed her male clothing and shoes. Which were under the back of a sink, in the room.

She stripped out of her bikini, sneezed back into a guy, and put on his clothes, along with his shoes, in record time.

Akira then pocket the bikini in one of his pants pockets, as he mentally reflected, 'I don't want any evidence that the blond girl they are looking for, had changed clothes. Besides, this isn't that bad a bikini. And Revy was right. It did fit. And it stayed in place. I think I will keep it and use it, later. Should I ever go to the beach, or a pool as a girl.'

Akira then heard a female, with a russian accent, say, in english, “It is intelligent of you to use the men's restroom. I am sure some of the sore losers set up an ambush in the women's restroom.”

Akira turned to the open stall beside him, and he saw Balalaika, in her usual elegant uniform, standing right beside him.

Akira was in such a rush to change, Akira had not seen her.

And from the angle she was at, she had to have seen everything. From the stripping down as a woman, to the changing of genders, to getting dress as a man.

Akira immediately tensed up at the danger in front of him. He quickly thought, in horror, 'Roberta may be crazier. Chang may do it with a bit more style. But, Balalaika is likely the greatest badass on the planet. If not the entire multiverse. I would rather take my chances against Unicron, than to cross her. My odds of survival would be be higher.'

Balalaika walked out of the stall, towards him. She politely said, with her tone of voice being as sharp as a knife's blade, “You are Akira. Shenhua and the Cleaner's friend.”

In responded, Akira simple nodded an affirmative.

Balalaika continued, “Well Akira, that is an interesting trick you can do. And here I thought Rock was the interesting one.”

Balalaika could see that the man was scared of her. She thought, 'Good. It looks like he isn't a complete idiot. But, I cannot make the proper impression I want him to feel towards me, if he is ready to piss his pants, at a moments notice.'

Balalaika said, in a strong tone of voice, “Alright young man. Relax. I am not going to hurt you. Truth be told. I don't expect to win. It was just nice to hear my men cheer for me, without getting my hands dirty.”

She then noticed as Akira began to relax.

Just then, the door to the restroom slammed open, as a woman screamed towards them, “Have you seen that blond bitch!”

The woman then quickly realized who she was talking too.

Her face took on a mask of fear, as she hastily said, “I apologizes, Lady Balalaika.”

Balalaika smiled at the woman, as she softly stated, “No worries. I believe the girl you are looking for passed by here a few minutes ago.”

The woman quickly replied, “Thank you.” She then ran off.

Balalaika thought, 'I will let that go, due to the heat of the moment.' She then looked over at Akira. She stated, “I will be watching you, dear Akira.”

Balalaika then calmly walked out of the restroom.

A minute later, Akira found the nerves to finally move. He then left the restroom.

To avoid suspicion, he did not rush through that back hallways of the stadium, to an exit. Instead, he took his time.

Though, a few times, he did have to stand flat against the wall to avoid being trampled by the mobs of women rushing back and forth, trying to find his female side.

And he luckily that he did not run into Shenhua, Sawyer, nor Revy.

Akira soon made it to the nearest exit, to the outside of the stadium, that would not trip the fire alarms.

As he walked outside, and into the parking lot, he thought, 'I better lay low until Lotton and the guys at Lagoon company, can calm the girls down. I'll call Lotton later.'

Akira then brushed his hand against his wallet, in his side pocket. He placed it there to help prevent having a pickpocket steal it. The wallet was full of cash from the missions he had been paid for accomplishing. Akira mentally reflected, 'Besides. I could use something to eat.'

(_)

An hour later, at the Lagoon company's place of business, by the harbor, the members of both Lagoon company, and Raven Unit, except for Akira, were gather inside the common area of the building.

Janet, Sawyer, Shenhua, and Revy, were back in their normal clothing. And Sawyer had her electrolarynx choker back on.

Currently, the men, that were present, were trying to talk the women present, except for Janet whom was not holding a grudge against Akira, down from killing Akira, the next time they see him, or her.

At the moment, the men considered themselves lucky, to convince all the woman to come back, from the stadium, to Lagoon company headquarters, to talk about this. And they convinced the women not to have their weapons on them.

While everyone stood around, as they talked, Revy yelled, in fury, “When I find that bitch, she is dead!”

Benny stated, “Hold on a minute, Revy. If you hadn't forced her to enter the contest, in the first place, she would not have won. And instead he would have joined us in the stands. With it being very likely that one of you three would have made first place. As such, you girls brought this on yourselves.”

Revy warned, “Don't start with me, Benny. I am not in the mood.”

Shenhua commented, “You men don't understand. By Akira winning beauty contest against us, it is an insult to our femininity as women.”

None of the men in the room were going to touch the comment with a ten foot pole.

Sawyer said, “It is a troubling predicament.”

Revy stated, “I agree.” She then turned to Dutch, as she barked, “And you, Dutch. How could you give Akira a nine?!”

Dutch cracked a grin, as he answered, “I'm a guy. And she was hot in that bikini. I don't know which one of you, or if all of you picked, out her bikini, but she looked good in it. Chang and Boris would back me up on this.”

Revy had a dangerous looked to her eye, as she challenged Dutch with a loaded question, “Do you think she is hotter than me?”

Dutch carefully responded, “Revy. When you started working for me, you agreed to three rules. When we are on the job, you will do what I say, within reason. You will not attack my other employees. And you would never, ever ask me to compare you to other women. This firming falls under the last rule.”

Revy responded, “But, Akira is not really a woman.”

Dutch pointed out, with a wild look to his own eyes, “On the contrary, you three, of all people in this city, know that she is a full women, half the time. Given what you did with her at Rowan's, and that later stunt you pulled on her a month later.”

“Don't think I didn't notice how Akira was acting during that time. You three forced Akira into that contest. Now, you have to live with the consequences.”

Rock tried to defuse the situation, as he said, “I am sure the families in the city made a fortune off of the gambling. And I am sure that they would be more than happy to have this contest, again. It is summer here, almost all year around. So, there is no problem with the weather, in holding this contest, again.”

Revy pointed out, “It would not be the same thing, Rock. The only winnings to that contest, for us girls, was the bragging rights. And in such a contest, it like losing your virginity. The first time is either remembered as good, or bad.”

Lotton came to Rock's aid, as he suggested, “Well, I am sure we could just have Akira forfeit her title.”

Sawyer commented, “That would be worse.”

Benny asked, “Is there any way we can talk you three out of harming, nor killing Akira, over this? I find him a very interesting person, whom brings a new level of spice and strangeness to this town.”

Revy, Shenhua, and Sawyer looked at each other. Revy then turned to face Benny, as she responded, “Give us a minute.”

The three women then huddled, as they softly spoke to each other, over the matter.

As this went on, Janet had been present throughout the entire conversation. Though, She chose to remain silent and just listen. And as she listened, she was becoming more and more confused about who Akira was.

Janet inquired, “Who is, Akira? I thought she was the blond I met backstage. But, half the time during this conversation, you all make it sound like Akira is a man.”

Suddenly, while Revy, Shenhua, and Sawyer remained huddled, Rock, Dutch, Benny, and Lotton turned to her, as they realized she did not have a clue what was going on.

Benny volunteered, as he said, “I'll explain Akira to her.”

Benny turned to Janet, as he stated, “Janet, I know how crazy this is going to sound. But, it is true. We have all seen it first hand. And we have no clue how Akira does. But, when Akira sneezes, within less than a second, he changes from a black haired japanese man to a blond, causasian bombshell of a babe. Whom you met to day. Another sneeze reverses her back to a him, just as quickly.”

Benny turned to look at the three other women in the room, whom were still huddle. He turned back to Janet, as he said, “And yes. We know for a fact that the change is complete.”

Janet's jaw dropped, as she stared at the others. She then quickly regained control of her facial expression, as she sceptically asked, “You're kidding? Right?”

The men shook their heads, while Rock simply stated, “No.”

Janet responded, “I am going to have to see this change back and forth, later. So, was Akira a girl, or a boy, originally?”

Lotton answered, “Akira was definitely, originally male.”

Janet started to giggled, as she thought, 'I will never say it out loud, in front of them. But, the fact that the person that beat out all the bad girls in this city, in this beauty contest was originally a dude is hilarious. And it is these bitches own damn fault.' Janet's giggling then turned into full blown laughter.

She continued laughing, while the rest of the adults continued with their conversation.

Rock commented, “Akira is not going to be happy that we told someone his secret.”

Benny responded, “It cannot be helped. And I am sure he realized, with Janet moving in with us, she was going to find out. Besides, given the time, Janet is smart enough to piece what she heard together. And trust me, in a situation like this, it is best to avoid misunderstandings.”

Dutch stated, “I fully agree.”

Lotton said, “As long as you guys can keep her quiet, I got no problems with her knowing.”

Just then, the other three women broke out of their huddle, to face the other people in the room.

Shenhua said, “Okay. We won't harm, nor kill Akira over this. Even I admit the situation it is just too funny to do so.”

Sawyer and Revy nodded in agreement.

Lotton stated, “I am glad you are seeing it our way. And to be honest, you are all hot ladies, so there is nothing to be angry about.”

Sawyer smiled at Lotton. She then turned to the others, as she said, “This is why I ultimately agreed with Lotton, on this. He knows how to treat a woman right.”

Lotton just grinned at Sawyer's compliment.

By then, Janet caught her breath, she interrupted them, “I know one of you is eventually going to talk to Akira. When you talk to him, or her, tell them that I want to make him and her, a few personal offers, with a lot of green dollar bills attached to them.”

Dutch asked, “Real ones? Or, counterfeit?”

Janet commented, “You know me. With the right equipment, it doesn't matter with me. But, to answer your question. I will pay Akira the real ones. This is situation I don't want to risk spoiling.”

Dutch inquired, “Okay. So, what are your offers, towards Akira?”

Janet then stated what she wanted.

When Janet finished, half the people in the room giggled, the other of the people half groaned. With Benny, Janet's boyfriend, being one of those that was giggling.

(_)

Two hours later, Lotton was sitting in the living room couch, at home. Shenhua and Sawyer were elsewhere.

Lotton was reading a book, with the TV off. He had the cordless phone set beside him.

The book Lotton was reading, on was one of his favorites, as a child. And he had re-read it a number of times. And he was enjoy the quite for the moment, to re-read it again. The book being, the original Dune novel, by Frank Herbert.

As Lotton continued to read his book, the phone rang.

Lotton thought, 'Akira. You are so predictable.' He set down his book. He then answered the phone, “Hello.”

On the other end of the line, Akira asked, “Hey Lotton. It is Akira. So, how did the girls take losing the contest?”

Lotton commented, “Not well. But, we got them to calm down and agree not to harm, nor kill you. You can come home when you are ready.”

Akira replied, “Thanks.”

Lotton mentioned, “By the way, Janet, Benny's girlfriend, now knows about your little trick.”

Akira admitted, “I figured she would be told. It cannot be helped.”

Lotton stated, “And she had a couple of offers for you.”

Akira requested, “Do tell?”

Lotton said, “Janet is willing to pay a fair amount of money for you to come over and change in front of her, while fully nude.”

Akira asked, “I am not saying, yes, or no. But, how much?”

Lotton told him the amount.

Akira admitted, “That is a lot of money.”

Lotton went on to say, “And she is willing to pay double that, if you agreed to a three way, in both genders, between her and her boyfriend, Benny. Though, keep in mind, she is a known counterfeiter.”

Akira thought, 'I know she is a counterfeiter. And I have a good idea what Janet has in mind for me in bed. I have probably seen and read on the web what ideas she would have in mind for me. And I do not want to have another experience that is anywhere close to what Revy, Shenhua, and Sawyer did to me that night.'

Akira stated, “I am going to call Janet at Lagoon company headquarters, after this. And I will inform her that I refuse to sell my body at any price. But, I will show her the change, in private, with my clothes on.”

Lotton complimented, “I admire you sense of ethics. See you in a little while.”

Akira replied, “See you later.” He then hung up.

Lotton then hug up his phone. He then set the phone back down. Next, he picked up his book, opened the book to where he left off, and he continued read.

As Lotton read his book, he thought, 'Honestly, Akira. I was still surprised the you had no left town, yet. Still, it is nice to know you realize that running will not solve your problems.'

(_)

Across town, Akira hung up the payphone he was using.

Akira was standing by the main bus depot, that would take him of town, in Roanapur. If he had wanted to leave. Which, he currently did not want to do.

Akira thought, 'At least, I don't have to run now. I owe the boys big for their help. And the next time I have a bright idea, I will keep my damn mouth shut!'

Akira then pulled out some coins, as he dialed the number for Lagoon company headquarters.

After a few rings, someone answered. Akira recognized Benny's voice, as he said, “Hello.”

Akira said, “Hi Benny. I heard what you guys did, from Lotton. Thanks.”

Benny replied, “You're welcome.”

Akira requested, “And thank Dutch and Rock, as well.”

Benny said, “I will.”

Akira inquired, “By the way, is Janet there?”

Benny answered, “Sure. One moment.”

A few seconds later, Akira was talking to Janet. He stated who he was. After explained the situation to her, he set an appointment up to meet with Janet, the next morning.

Akira then hung up the phone, and took a one of the taxis, that were by the bus depot, back to his home. When he got home, later that night, he found that he night, he found that Lotton had been correct, and he had no problems with Shenhua and Sawyer.

Still, Akira wisely chose not to say a word about the bikini contest, in the presence of Shenhua, Sawyer, nor Revy.

(_)

The next morning, at Lagoon Headquarters, Akira, as a guy, in his usually male clothing, knocked on the front door, and he was soon let into the building.

As he walked in, he saw Janet, and he approached her.

As Akira can to a stop in front of Janet, whom was also standing, Janet turned to face Akira.

Akira greeted her, “Hello Janet. I know this is still hard to believe. But, I was the blond girl you met yesterday. My name is Akira Hatsushiba. Akira, is fine.”

Janet just looked at the black haired japanese man, up and down. He looked nothing like the caucasian blond she had met yesterday. Janet replied, “This should be good.”

Akira cracked a grin, as he said, “Oh, it will. Now, don't blink.”

Janet didn't blink, as Akira sneezed.

Janet watched, with less than five feet between them, as Akira instantly changed from a plain looking japanese man, to a caucasian blond babe.

Janet's eyes went wide, as she thought, 'It is one thing to be told something. It is quite another to see it first hand. This city is crazier than I thought.'

Janet said, “That is some trick. Thank you for showing me that the laws of physics are not set in stone.”

Akira replied, “You're welcome.” She then sneezed and changed back into a man. Akira inquired, “So, are we good?”

Janet responded, “Yes. And your secret is safe with me. Do you mind telling me how?”

Akira stated, “The short answer is, I have ancestors from two different alien species. Though, I am mostly human. And I was born and raised in Japan.”

Janet commented, “It must have been an interesting life for you.”

Akira admitted, “Not for the first sixteen years. But, I only recently learned about my alien family trees. So, you doing okay, with someone like me?”

Janet commented, “I feel like Alice, after she started falling down the rabbit hole.”

Akira corrected, “More like I am Alice, and I have fallen into wonderland.”

Janet stated, “Well, I would pay to see your blond form where Alice's blue dress.”

Akira smile got a little wider, as he responded, “Don't tempt me. Though, if this was wonderland for me, that would make Lotton the white rabbit. Shenhua is definitely the cat. And Sawyer is the hatter.”

Janet agreed, “When I think about it. That makes a lot of sense. So, who do you think the red queen would be, Alice?”

Akira joked, “Who do you think?” He then shrugged towards Revy, whom was across the room, sitting down at one of the green couches, by the coffee table, as she cleaned her pistols.

Janet and Akira then both laughed for a few seconds, at Akira's joke.

As they calmed down, the two found they had a good time talk to each other, and they made plans to do so again. Some time, soon.

(_)

Later that day, Akira, as a guy, ate his lunch alone, at a local, quality, Chinese restaurant.

As Akira finished his meal, he thought, 'Well, the bikini contest and the aftermath turned out better than I expected. And Janet seems like a good girl. It is nice to befriend a sane woman in this town, that knows my secret, and it okay with it.'

'Still... Bragging rights. What a joke for a prize. Bragging about winning that contest, in this city, would likely get me shot.'

Then, just as Akira was about to get up from his seat, he noticed ten women, he recognized from yesterday, whom were all in the bikini contest, walk into the restaurant and sit at a large table near him.

Akira could plainly see these women were armed with various weapons. From fighting sticks and knives, to pistols and shotguns. All the women were dressed as the bad girls they were.

Akira decided to stay in his seat, and overhear some of their conversation, which was mostly in english.

One of the women asked, “How hard is it to find one blond white woman in this city?”

Another girl pointed out, “She was smart not giving her name.”

A third girl said, “But, not smart enough to stay out of the contest.”

A fourth woman inquired, “When we find her, what should we do with her?”

A five woman said, “Well, killing her is too quick.”

A sixth girl responded, “I can think of a few things that would make the cleaner envious.”

Akira thought, 'Even though Shenhua, Sawyer, and Revy are no longer on the warpath for my blood. It is very clear that the rest of the bad girls in this town are. Outside of my job, I will just have to avoid being a girl for a while, when I am in this city.'

'At least until these psychotic bad girls get their rage firmly fixated on their next targets. Which should be in a few weeks. A month at the most. Luckily, these women usually have very short attention spans. Now, to escape these psychos.'

Akira quietly got up from his seat, and started to walk towards the cashier, to pay for his meal.

One of the women yelled, “Hey you?”

Akira stopped, as he turned around to face them. He pointed at himself, with his right hand, as he asked, “Me?”

The woman whom spoke to him asked, “Yea, you. Have you seen a blond white, smoking hot girl, walking around town?”

Akira honestly admitted, “The only blond white woman that comes close to that, whom I know of, in the city, is the nun, Eda, from the ripoff church. Is that who you are looking for?

The woman responded, “No. But thanks.”

Akira replied, “You're welcome.” He turned around, and headed straight for the cashier, as he thought, 'That was close.'

Akira soon made it to the cashier. He paid for his meal, and he then quickly exited the restaurant.

To Be Continued...

(_)

Author's Notes:

The type of ambrosia dish Benny was talking about is a simple type of fruit salad, which consists of sliced pieces of oranges, shredded coconut pieces, and confectioners sugar. It is simple, but quite tasty dessert dish. And given Benny is from Florida, the U.S. state most associated with oranges, it makes sense that Benny would know the recipe.

And on Rock's cake. One could be surprised what one can put into a cake, and still make it taste good, without even tasting what the original, precooked ingredients, in the baked cake.

(_)

On the pheromone scene. Pheromones effect everyone differently. For Rock, Dutch, and Benny, whom are well mannered. Pheromones would make them act more polite and giving, in the hopes of getting some.

On the other hand, pheromones would make people like Revy more aggressive, but not necessarily to the point of being violent.

And this pheromone scene gave me the chance to show that.

By the way, Ardbeg Providence is a type of high priced alcoholic drink in the Black Lagoon reality. And during the Green Back Jane arc, the Black Lagoon series shows that Dutch had a taste for Ardbeg Providence.

(_)

The one problem with the bikini contest scenes is this is text, with no pictures. So, you have to use your imaginations. Still, that is not too bad.

(_)

I am a fan of Janet Bhai. I choose not to use her nickname, Jane, because I find it to be too plain. That is why I had her show up. And that she is important for the plot that happens, later on.

Still, Janet offers a different dynamic than the other women in Black Lagoon. She is a person that is very intelligent, but not insane. And a woman that Akira can talk too, in a sane, rational manner.

And I think Akira and Janet would be good friends with each other.

As such, I find Janet, as a character, to be a breath of fresh air, from the mix of bad girls in Black Lagoon.

(_)

Since this chapter featured Balalaika some, I figured this would be the best place to talk about Balalaika's age in the Black Lagoon anime.

I believe that those at wiki messed her listed age. Those at the wiki website claim she is between 31-35 years of age. Of course, being a woman, she would probably find it flattering that people think she is younger than she is.

Now, given in the early manga volumes, Balalaika was drawn much younger than she was. So, this can be taken into account for their mistake.

Because their math does not work.

I would say Balalaika is thirty-six years old, maybe thirty-seven, in the middle of 1995, when the Roberta's Blood Trail arc started, in the anime.

Here is the math I am using

She is likely only a few years younger than Chang's age. I would guess that Chang is around forty, given he was a young man, in the Hong Kong police department in the 1970's The uniform of the Hong Kong police department in the credits, is from 1970's

For reasons I will get to in a little bit, in the episode 21, showing a young Balalaika talking to her uncle, in 1979, she could be no younger than fourteen. But, she has to be at least sixteen. I would guess she is seventeen. Though, she does not look it. She might be a late bloomer. It happens.

The average age for teenagers thinking about joining the military, starts around seventeen. At that time, Soviet enlistment was at the age of eighteen.

No, the reason Balalaika joined the Soviet military was that she wanted to learn how to use the rifle, so she could join the Olympics. She is a smart woman. Meaning, she likely joined the Soviet military before 1979, when the USSR invaded Afghanistan.

Balalaika would know if she joined the Soviet military during war, it would killed her chances of going to the Olympics.

Also, I have a feeling she joining the Russian military a few years before that war.

The reason why, during the 1979 scene, her uncle, a one star general of the Soviet military, was pressuring her to join the Soviet military, to help her get into the Olympics.

It is likely that her uncle would have not pressure her to join the military if he knew the Soviets were going to go to war in Afghanistan, because it would put his niece, Balalaika, in danger.

This means her uncle likely didn't hear about the plans before she joined. And it take a year or two for military invasion plans to be drawn up, and the military itself prepared for war. The Soviet government, and upper military heads were already talking about invading Afghanistan in December 1978. So, we are still looking at the two year timeframe of that Balalaika joined the Soviet military sometime in 1977.

This timeline also works for another reason.

Note, Balalaika, during the Soviet- Afghanistan war, was an airforce captain.

And she was a captain of a special forces platoon composed of paratroopers and commandos.

Keep in mind, this is not a political appointment. She had to earn her rank, and authority. The Soviet military did not give political appointments control of combat units, in a battlefield.

Though, it is likely that Balalaika uncle, pulled a few strings to keep the fact that she was a woman from stopping her from gain her rank and authority. But, she still had to earn the position.

For the U.S., the average age of becoming a captain is in their mid-twenties. About three to six years after enlistment, then officer's training, and finally earning the rank. Could not find information on the average age of captain for the Soviet military during the 70's and 80's.

Taking into account Balalaika's natural skills, and leadership abilities, she likely became a captain, along gaining her authority and position in record time. Given the speed as which she climbed to her rank, her superiors took notices, and gave her command of that special forces platoon.

On a side note, paratroopers were used in the first waves of attacks, when the Soviets invaded Afghanistan. So, Balalaika could have been in the entire war, from 1979 to 1989. Being in that hell, for so long, would age anyone beyond their years.

And a fun fact, on average U.S. special forces tend to be in the late twenties, to mid-thirties. Though, I am not sure about the Soviet military.

Finally, as dangerous as Balalaika is shown in the Black Lagoon series. She also shows a sense of maturity. She is not a young woman. She is middle age, and she shows it with grace.

This is why I think Balalaika is thirty-six, or thirty-seven, in the Black Lagoon series.

Until next time. Have fun.

up
53 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos