Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 2: Chapter 03

Printer-friendly version

Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 2: The Mastermind, The Gunslinger, The Magical Girl, The Martial Artist, The Maid, The Warrior, The Tyrant.

Chapter Three: “Gateway to Knowledge and Insanity.”

By Paul Cousins.

Copyright Disclaimer: All copyrighted places, characters, items, and events, within the story, are held by their current owners. No profit is being made on this work of fiction.

(_)

It was a Saturday morning, in Akira's home reality, Aspen Colorado, inside the hotel that Rock and his friends were staying at.

Rock had woke up, gotten cleaned up, and ready to face the day. He dressed in his black suit and shoes.

Rock then hobbled with his cane to the elevator bay, and he was soon to the ground floor. After which, he made his way to the hotel restaurant, where he met his friends for breakfast.

After paying for his meal, he got himself a tray with plate, mug, and utensils. He picked out his food from the breakfast buffet, along with getting himself some coffee.

Rock then carefully held his tray in his left hand, as he used his cane in his right hand, to walked over to where the other were sitting at a rounded table.

As Rock reached the large table where his friends were at, he noticed that Akira, Natsuru, and whom he guessed was Ranma, were all men. Each of them were dressed in long sleeved shirts, jeans, and shoes.

Annie and Fabiola were sitting by them. Fabiola had a skirt and blouse on, while Annie wore a simple t-shirt and pants.

Rock set his tray down on the table in front of him.

As he sat down in his chair, he greet them, “Good morning everyone.”

The other turned towards Rock.

Fabiola said, “Good morning.”

Akira commented, “Glad to see you are finally up.”

Rock said, “Well, I hope everyone was is well rested, as I am. And that you all had an uneventful night, after we turned in.”

Fabiola noticed that Akira, Ranma, and Natsuru slightly blushed at Rock's comment.

Fabiola cracked a grin, in response to their obvious mild embarrassment.

Meanwhile, Rock ignored the three of the men response to his comment. He stated, “As I said last night, I have some errands to run today. I do not know how long they will take. Also, when I return back to the hotel. I will be busy in my room. Please, do not disturb me, unless it is am emergency.”

Fabiola commented, “No problem.”

Natsuru said, “Whatever you say.”

Annie thought, 'Rock, if you are doing what we discusses last night. I think I will do the same.' She stated, “I also have something I need to do. You may not see me for the rest of the day. Though, I should be in my hotel room, as well.”

Ranma inquired, “So, what you to planning on doing in your rooms? I hope it is not what I think it is.”

Rock remained calmed at Ranma veiled accusation.

Meanwhile, Annie groaned, as she thought, 'Oh, how have I fallen. Of the legends I know. Fallen Gods have not lost as much as me. I have gone from being second in command of an entire galactic empire. To being subtly accused of playing with myself, in front of witnesses.'

Annie stated, “I am doing research. Ranma. Research. And I heard you three last night. None of you are ones to talk on such matters.”

Ranma quickly realized he had his a nerve, as he commented, “Okay. Sorry.”

Annie replied, “Apology accepted.” She thought, 'There is no point in making an issue out of this. It is just not worth it.'

Akira had watched this go on, as she thought, 'Annie has clearly changed, since being turned into a woman. And not just physically. But, mentally. She has gone to dark lord of the sith, to quickly accepting an apology. Maybe being pulled out of that black suit, being restored to health, and finding out about her family, has brightened her mood.'

Rock commented, “I am doing research, as well.”

Akira said, “Okay. Have fun you two. If you need anything. Let us know.”

Annie replied, “I will.”

Rock said, “So, will I.”

Natsuru thought, 'Given what we talked about last night. I believe I know what those two are planning on doing. And they need to do it. So, it is best we do not disturb them. Though, I hope they react to what they learn, in a positive manner.'

(_)

The rest of their breakfast was uneventful. They talk mostly about their interests, their lives, and some of the more interesting and hilarious events they had experienced.

After breakfast, Rock when back to his hotel room, and looked at the phonebook, which was in his room, for whom he needed to call. He then used his room's phone to call for a taxi to meet him at the front door.

Fortunately, the taxi company inform him that one of their taxi would be there, outside the front of the hotel, to pick him up, in a few minutes.

Rock hung up his phone, and he left his hotel suite.

(_)

A few minutes later, Annie was sitting on the couch, in the hotel, lobby.

Annie was sitting by Fabiola.

Fabiola was reading a spanish romance novel, that was set in South American. She had bought the novel for herself, a few realities back.

Annie was enjoying the view, to the outside, from the lobby windows. She wanted to relax for a little while, before she headed up into room.

Annie watched as Rock walked exited the elevators, and walked though the lobby, to the front doors, where a taxi was waiting for him outside. Rock then got into the taxi.

A few seconds, through the lobby windows, Annie watched the taxi drove way.

Annie mentally reflected, 'Just as I thought, at breakfast. It does not take force powers to figure out what you are planning. You are going to do. And since you believe we have time to do so. Then, I have time as well.”

Annie turned to Fabiola, as she said, “Fabiola. I will be heading up to my room now. if you need anything, let me know.”

Fabiola looked up from her book, at Annie, as she replied, “Okay.” She then went back to reading her book.

Annie got up from the couch. She the headed to the elevators.

A few minutes later, after an elevator ride, she entered her hotel room.

Annie closed the door behind her.

She only light in the room came from around the closed curtains, to the outside window.

Though, Annie could still see the room, as she grabbed the remote to the TV, and sat on her bed.

Annie thought, 'I have always been a fan of technology. Any technology. No matter what identity I was. And I still am such a fan, that night. Before I went to sleep. I found out that this hotel has a video on demand feature. Including a nice cataloged of movies hooked to their TVs. Included are the six Star Wars movies. Episodes four, five, and six being listed as the special editions. Whatever that means.'

'I have been meaning to watch these for a while. I just have not been able to work up the nerve. Now, I finally have. Though, I decided that I needed to be well rested, before I do so. Which is why did not watch them, last night.'

'Though, I will remember Ranma's warning and take my time. Because I just know this is not going to be pleasant for me.'

Annie used the remote to turn on the TV, and then access the video on demand option. She selected Star War Episode One, and she began watching the movie.

Annie made it through most of the movie, without having a serious emotional reaction, Except the scene where Anakin said goodbye to her mother, Shmi. And Jinn's death scene.

Annie shed a few tears over those two events, and the loss she felt towards two people she cared for.

Annie stopped the movie after the battle, at the end of the film. She thought, 'I am so happy there pause and play figure on this TV. Because, Ranma was right, I am going to have to take my time. I miss you, mother. And Jinn, wherever you are, I am sorry I did not turn out the way you had hoped.'

Annie restarted the movie. She watched Jinn's funeral, and then the parade.

Annie then noticed something during the final scene of the move, as she said, “And here are all the major players lining up to use me as a puppet. As a living weapon against each other. I am starting to finally realize, that I never had a chance. I was doomed before I even began my force training.”

As the credits rolled and the music played, she admitted to herself, 'Rock and Fabiola were right. Over the last few months. They did not tell me much about these movies, when I asked them about the matter. Likely because they did not want to upset me. Still, they said music in these movies is fantastic. And they are right. I will have to get the soundtracks to these movies, sometime in the future.'

Annie then looked at the names on the credits. Though, the names meant nothing to her. Save for a passing interest.

She thought, 'I am glad I learned english. Which is not that hard. Given galactic basic is so close to english.'

After the credits finish, she started Episode Two.

As she watched the film, she berated herself, in thought, 'I cannot believe I was this arrogant. Then, against all the chosen one crap the Jedi Order fed me, for years, went straight to my head.'

Then, she saw the seen between Yoda and Obiwan, talking about how arrogant she and some of the other Jedi had become.

As the film continued, Annie's jaw dropped in surprise. She said, “And those two even admit that I had become arrogant and the did nothing about it. No wonder I went to the dark side. With idiots like them as teachers, who won't?”

“And Padme. Sweet, dear Padme. I cannot believe they cut out the part where you introduced me to your parents and sister. And they even liked me. That was one of my more fondest times with you.”

Then, she watched her mothers death.

Annie paused the movie. She wept for a full five minutes, before she could even see clearly again.

It took her another minute to compose herself, as she thought, with bitterness, regret, and a touch of anger, 'If only I had listened to my visions. But no. Obiwan told me to ignore them.'

She resumed the film, when she watched her past self lose her right arm to Dooku's lightsaber strike, she unconsciously used her left hand to rub her right arm and hand.

Then, she watched her marriage to Padme. And she smiled at one of the truly bright spots in her life.

And then the movie went to credits.

After the credits ended, she was able to start the third movie. Annie thought, 'It is obvious this is the one where it shown that I become Vader. This is not going to be easy to watch.'

She started the third movie, and watched the battle at the beginning of the film.

At the end of the battle scene, at the beginning of the film, where he held Dooku's life in his hands, with Palpatine and Obiwan nearby, Annie mentally reflected, 'If I had known then, what I know now. I would have just killed Palpatine, for lying to me about Padme, and Obiwan for being a poor teacher.'

“Then, I would have spared Dooku's life in exchange for stopping the war. That would have solved a whole lot of problems in my life, and I would have been able to focus on taking care of Padme, and the twins that Rock told me about.'

She used her remote to resume the move. She continued watching. There was crash scene, then Padme showing her that she was pregnant.

Annie looked down as her stomach for a moment, as she thought, 'I may someday find out what it is like to carry a child within me. But, it will be on my terms.'

She then turned her eyes back to the screen.

Next, was Anakin going to Yoda for help, about horrible visions he was having. And Yoda turning him away.

Annie thought, 'Damn you, Yoda. If you had helped me, I would have never turned to Palaptine for help.'

After that scene, Annie watched as the movie showed some of Anakin's visions her past self had about Padme. Annie wondered, 'Now, that I think of about it. It is possible that Palpatine had a hand in those visions.'

Then, came the fight between the Jedi and Palpatine.

As she watched her past self help Palpatine defeat Mace Windu, she thought, 'Mace brought that on himself. He though he was the law... But, in the end, I became much worse.'

Annie watched the destruction of the Jedi Order, as the Anakin on the screen lead clone troopers to kill everyone in the Jedi Temple.

Then, she saw the time her past self entered the Jedi Council chamber, where she had found the children. The scene cut to the next scene, but she recalled what she had done to those children. How she had murdered those children in cold blood with her lightsaber.

She paused the film, as she lower her head into her hands in disgust with herself.

She did not cry, but she sat there for a few minutes, as she felt regret and guilt for her actions.

When she looked up, from her hands, she continued the movie.

She made it almost to the end, when she watched her past self force choke Padme.

Annie muttered, in self-disgust, “Worst mistake of my life. But, she should have stayed on Coruscant. And she would have if Obiwan had not tricked her into following me. So, he could find me. He found out she was pregnant with my children, and he turns around and puts her in the line of fire. For that, killing him would be too quick a punishment.”

Then, came the fight scenes, and Annie watched as her past self lose her other three limbs, and be burned alive.

The scene caused Annie to have a painful flashback, of that event. From being burned alive, all the way to being put into the black suit, and Palpatine lying to her about her killing Padme.

Annie suddenly felt nauseous. She paused the film, as she quickly rushed into the bathroom.

She barely made it just in time to vomit into the toilet. As she finished, she flush the toilet, washed her hands. She then dried her hands on a towel. Next, she got a cup of water to drink, to wash the taste of vomit from her mouth.

After she was done, she went back to the bed, and restarted the movie. She forced watched the both scenes of her going into the black suit, and Padme giving birth.

Annie watched as Padme named her children.

Annie thought, 'Luke and Leia are fine names.'

Next, Annie watched Padme pass out. And then the funeral scene for Padme.

Annie reminded herself, as she thought, 'This is what Rock meant. It did not actually show her death. It only showed her passing out. And she has used body doubles before. So, it is possible she could have lived. So, there is hope. I will have to thank Rock later for telling me this.'

Annie then watched as the twins were separated, and given to their adoptive parents. Along with what happened to the droids.

Annie said, “I won't argue that both sets of parents are good choices for my children. Also, at least C3PO and R2D2 stayed together. And that R2 kept his memories.”

As the credits rolled, Annie got up, and went to the bathroom to take care of some bodily functions, that required attention.

When she came back, the movie had finished.

She looked at the clock by her bed and she noticed that it was already early afternoon.

Annie thought, 'I could order in. But, this sort of experience is making me lose my appetite. I think I will skip lunch. And even supper. To continue watching these movies. This is too important to me. I want to see what would have happened to me if I wasn't kidnapped.'

She picked up the remote, and selected Episode Four of Star Wars.

She made her way through much of it, until she saw the scene of Obiwan talking to Luke. Lying to him, that Vader had killed Anakin.

Annie wanted to get angry at seeing this. She wanted to be furious. But, the rage was just not there, and it make her even more upset.

She thought, with as much anger as she could muster, 'How dare Obiwan lie to my son like that. He and Yoda clearly learned nothing, after what they made me into. They attempted to use me as a weapon. And after that blows up in their face, they turn around and attempt to use my children as weapons. And to add insult to injury, they plan to use them as weapons against me.”

“But, as least, Padme, our children look healthy. Even though Leia was clearly raised to hate me. And Obiwan is doing a good job of lying to my son, so he will hate me, as well.'

'I know I should be angrier at seeing this. But, my rage is just not there. I know I was brainwashed. But, I have since deprogrammed myself as best I can. But, I still cannot tap into my rage. It is just not there.”

“Maybe all my rage was based on self-hatred. From failing to save my mother, to believing I had kill Padme. Now, that I know the truth, there is no rage left. If so, I am just going to have to live with that.'

Annie continued watching the film, as Luke returned to his home to find it burning, and his adopted parents, Owen and Beru Lars dead.

Annie thought, with disgust for herself, 'My future self's actions inadvertently got Luke's adopted parents killed. Such incompetence, by my own self. In my rage, I would have become so lazy that I just killed anything in my path that I even suspected of being a threat. Creating enemies everywhere. Or, did I already become that, and not realize it until now?.. Likely both. I am starting to hate myself again. Only, I feel no real rage, just revulsion for myself.'

Annie then watched her alternate self prepare to have the droid torture her own daughter.

Annie berated herself, “If I had known. If I had only known who she was, beforehand.”

Then, the movie introduced Han Solo and Chewbacca.

Annie asked herself, “Why does Han remind me of myself when I was younger?”

She continued viewing and saw her alternate self help destroyed the planet Alderaan.

Annie's eyes widened, as she thought, 'I would have both tortured my daughter, and I helped blow up her adopted homeworld. No wonder she hates me. And how could I have faced Padme after doing something like that?'

Soon after, Annie the Millennium Falcon make it on to the Deathstar. Then, the adventure of Luke, Han, and Chewbacca rescuing Leia.

Annie thought, 'And Leia was then sentenced to die. I was really dug myself into a hole. I am glad the others rescued her, before she was kill by my own incompetence.'

Annie then watched as as R2 hacked the garbage disposal unit to save Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewbacca.

Annie said, “R2, I owe you big for watching out for my children. You must have known who they were. But, you also knew if you said a word about it, you would have either had your mind wiped, or been destroyed, by Obiwan.”

Then Annie watched as Obiwan tricked her alternate self into killing him right in front of Luke and Leia.

Annie screamed, “You set me up! You bastard! You deserved to suffer, first! Before you you were killed!... At least you're now dead.”

Next, she saw Leia kiss Luke.

Annie silently prayed, 'By the force, please let them find out they are related before this goes any further.'

Annie then genuinely enjoyed the final starfighter battle, with the climax being the destruction of the Death Star.

Annie said, “I'll admit, that battle was pretty good. Not, as intense of some of the Clone Wars battles I was in. But, it was a good showing by our son, Padme. And Tarkin, you should have taken that escape shuttle.”

Finally, there was the awards ceremony, and the credits rolled.

Annie asked herself, 'From a cultural standpoint, I can understand the droids not getting medals. But, even I believe that Chewbacca deserved a metal, as well.'

After the credits finished, Annie started Episode Five.

As Annie watched she started to see a pattern in her alternate self's actions.

Annie said, “What I really that bad as a leader? Was I so self-absorbed with hatred for myself that I treated my own men, many of whom were genuinely loyal to me, like crap? That I killed them for the most petty of reasons?... Yes. Yes, I was that bad... No wonder I had to deal with so many mutinies against me.”

Annie continued to watch the movie, she also noticed the romance developing between Leia and Han.

She mentally realized, 'By the force, my daughter inherited her taste for lovable rogues from her mother. I hope my son did not inherit similar tastes in women. That he would not find dangerous women attractive. It would worry me greatly if Luke ended up with a redhead as dangerous as Revy.'

Then, came the Cloud City scenes, as Annie said, in disgust for herself, “I would have tortured Luke and Leia's friends just to flush out Luke. I really did become scum. And to be honest, I was scum before I was kidnap... Maybe being kidnapped, brainwashed, and having my gender changed wasn't so bad for my life, after all. At least I am now out of that damned black suit, and I am saner for the experience.'

She then watched the duel between her alternate self and Luke.

After watching the end to the duel, she thought with annoyance, 'I would have cut off my son's right hand, like Dooku did to me. And then, while severally hurt, trapped, and standing on a ledge, I delivered the bombshell that I was his father. No wonder he jumped.'

Then, she saw the ending, where Luke's artificial hand looked like Luke's old right hand. With the artificial hand even having the sense of touch.

Annie said, with surprise, “I was not aware that cybernetic technology had reached that level. If I had not been so full of self-hatred, I might have been able to get upgrades to my cybernetics that would have allowed me to lead a more normal life.”

“That would have definitely improved my disposition. I know that as a fact, considering I am now free of that suit, and I am treating others much more nicely.”

As the credits began to roll, Annie decided to go to the bathroom again.

When she returned, the film was over, and she started Episode Six of Star Wars.

She found most of the film was easy to view.

Though, upon seeing Yoda death, she commented, 'You did not deserve to die peacefully of old age. Especially, considering you refused to help me save Padme. Which pushed me towards seeking Palpatine for his aid.'

'Now that I think about it, I wonder how different the timeline will be with my sudden disappearance? But, that is a matter for another time.'

As Annie continuing watching the film, she eventually reached the scene where Luke explained that Leia was his sister.

Annie smiled, as she said, “At least they now know they are brother and sister. That was a close one.”

Eventually, the film reached the point where her alternate self save Luke from Palpatine by throwing the Sith Lord over the railing.

Annie mused, as she said, “I guess Palpatine forgot about the details of his duel with Mace. I sure didn't. Though, I should have had that suit insulated from electricity.”

She watched her alternate self dying, as he spoke to Luke.

Annie commented, “So much to say, and no time to say it.”

She then saw celebration scene, that showed her force ghost form. She commented, “So, that is the force ghost form I would have taken. Interesting. I am happy that I would not have appeared as Vader. But, as Anakin.”

And the movie rolled to credits, with Annie using her remote to turn off the TV.

It was then, that Annie suddenly realized, in thought, 'A noble death does not make up for a lifetime of evil.'

Annie said, “No wonder people hated me. And they were disgusted with me. Even the better ones just pitied me. I committed so many evil acts that I may never make up for them. Even if I returned, I could not face my children, let alone Padme.” She fell back into her bed.

As she laid on her back, on the bed, above the sheets, she quietly added, “I am a monster.”

She then began crying with more intensity than she had ever done in her entire life.

Half and hour later, it was ten o'clock PM, as someone knocked on her.

With the lights and TV turned off, Annie continued crying in the dark.

As she heard the knocking continue, she loudly demanded, “Go away!”

Annie then heard a familiar voice say, from the other side of the door, “I know you skipped both lunch and supper. I checked, and you didn't even order in. Well, even someone like you needs to eat regularly. So, open the door, or I will break it down.”

Annie used the force to telekineticly open the door, from across the room.

As the door opened, Fabiola stepped inside.

Fabiola flipped the switch to a nearby lamp light to see into the room. When she did, she could see from Annie's flushed face. Showing that she had been crying for a while.

Fabiola thought, 'I have never seen her like this.' She asked, with concern in her voice, “Annie, what happened?”

Annie continued to sob, as she admitted, “I watched the Star Wars movies. All of them.”

Fabiola sighed. She said, “Annie, you should have told us you were planning to do this. We would have been there with you, to help you deal with this. Even I have seen those movies, and I know it must have been traumatic for you to have watched them.”

Annie whined, “I am a monster. I don't deserve help.”

Fabiola rolled her eyes at Annie's comment. She then looked back at the brown haired woman.

Fabiola walked up to Annie's bed, in a confident manner.

In response, Annie was sat up in her bed, on the side of the bed that faced Fabiola.

Fabiola then she down beside Annie. To Annie's right side. Fabiola then gave Annie a hug.

While hugging her, Fabiola said, in the most comforting tone of voice she could muster, “Yes. You were a monster. But, you are not one anymore. You obviously realize that you were a monster, and that is a clear sign that you are no longer a monster.”

She then broke her embrace, as she moved back up a foot from Annie, while sitting on the bed with her.

She could see that her words were getting through to Annie, as Annie had stopped crying.

Fabiola calmly said, “Let me tell you a story about another monster I know. This monster killed many men, women, and children. She lead a life that brought much pain and misery to others. She destroyed many lives. Over time, she came to regret her actions and left her life of violence behind. She eventually found a loving family, whom cared for her, and accepted her into their home. Her name was Rosarita Cisneros...”

(_)

Earlier that morning, Rock had left in a taxi, to run his errands.

The first place Rock went was to an electronics store, where he used his debit card to pay a nice laptop computer and headphones.

He needed these items for what he planned to buy next.

As Rock checked out, he silently reflected, 'It is nice that Megatron can hack the banks computers so we have money on these debit cards every time we come to a new Earth. He will also issue us new cards if we want to use different names on them. It makes things so much easier for us.'

He took a taxi back to the hotel to drop of his items. He then took another taxi to a store he found in the phonebook, that sold anime and manga.

The collector’s store was called, The Gateway To Fantasy.

The store front was just all windows and metal trimming, facing the front of a steel building. Even the doors were windows. This gave the place an open feel to it.

As Rock got out of the taxi, he saw two teenage boys walk out of the stores. They had tanned skin and black hair. They wore pants and t-shirts. One wore what looked like a high school varsity jacket. The other wore a short white coat. Like a short lab coat.

They were obviously brothers. Though, not identical brothers.

Rock overhear them speak.

The one with the jacket said, in english, “Well, that was a bust. What were we thinking?”

The one with white coat replied, in english, “Well it was work a shot. Hey, at least we now know where our paternal grandparents live. And we do have an aunt. Just, not the person we thought was our aunt.”

The one with the jacket responded, “True. Also, we now know why mom and dad stopped taking us over there to visit them as we got older.”

The one with the coat commented, “And they gave us some of the nicest gifts when we were younger.”

The one with white coat replied, “It was work a shot. Hey, at least we now know where our paternal grandparents live. And we do have an aunt, and an uncle. But, when it comes to our aunt. The person we previously thought as our aunt was not our aunt.”

The one with the white coat just smiled back at his brother.

Rock thought, 'It think be best if I leave those two alone. I have enough troubles of my own.'

He then walked to the doors to the store, opened the right side door, and he entered the store.

After Rock entered the store, the door's spring at the top, automatically closed behind him.

Rock looked around and he noticed was the only customer in the shop.

Rock thought, 'The likely reason I am the only one here is because it is still early morning.'

Rock turned left, and he saw that the store was fairly large, with rows and rows of shelves, fill with various items, on the store floor. And items either hung, or placed on shelves, on the back and left walls of the store.

Rock thought, 'It looks like they have a decent selection here. So, I might able to find what I want.'

Rock turned to his right side, to look at the checkout counter was by the entrance to the store.

The cashier stood behind the checkout counter of the sideboard, with the sideboard walled, below the counter, butted again the front side of the counter, facing the customers.

Rock saw that the cashier was a young, slightly overweight, fair skinned, teenage boy, with black hair, whom had his hair cut short. The boy was no older than sixteen. He wore some black pants, and a blue turtleneck shirt, which was clearly a uniform. Given the shirt had the name, Gateway to Fantasy, on the right side of his chest.

As the boy saw Rock, he inquired, in a polite tone of voice, in english, “Good morning, sir. Can I help you find something, today?”

Rock turned to the boy, as he responded, “Yes. I am looking for both a manga and anime series titled, Black Lagoon.”

The boy could see that the man had trouble walking, as he was using that cane in his right hand.

The teenage boy stated, “I know the titles you are looking for. Allow me to help you.”

Rock replied, “I would appreciate that.”

The boy then walked towards the back of the counter, where the exit was from the counter, to the rest of the story. The boy then turned back to walk up to Rock.

When the boy reached Rock, he said, “The anime is over here. And the manga is a little further back in the store.”

The boy then began to lead Rock, between sets of shelves, to the items he wanted. Though, the boy took his time, to allow Rock to keep up with him.

Over the course of the next few minutes, the boy helped Rock bring the entire Black Lagoon dvd collection. Which was the first three seasons, alone with the extras on the DVDs. Also, the boy picked up the Black Lagoon manga, all nine volumes. With the manga translated in english.

The teenage boy set all the items onto the checkout counter, by the cash register, and card reader.

As the boy walked back around the counter, to the where he could use the cash register, Rock make his way to the front side of the cash register.

Rock came to a stop, in front of the counter, just as the boy came to a stop, across the counter from him.

The boy looked up at Rock, as he asked, “Is there anything else would want me to find for you?”

Rock looked at the teenage boy, as he answered, “No. This will be fine.”

The boy then began checking out items, and ringing them up on his cash register.
When the boy was finished ringing up the items, he put them into a decently tough plastic back.

Rock then paid for the item with his debit card.

Once the card cleared, and the payment was completed, the boy hand Rock his receipt.

Rock to the receipt, as he said, “Thank you.” He then pocketed the receipt.

The boy asked, “I hope you don't mind me asking. But, you somehow look familiar. I just cannot place your face.”

Rock smiled, as he said, “It's okay. I just have that type of face. By the way, can I use your phone to call a taxi?”

The boy replied, “Sure.” He then picked up the wireless store phone from its base, which was set on the counter. Next, he handed the phone to Rock.

Rock took the phone, dialed a number. When he finished talking into it, he hung up and handed the phone back to the boy. With the boy returning the phone back to its base.

(_)

By the time the taxi arrive, a few minutes later, the boy had walked around the counter, and returned to the store front side of the counter.

He stood by Rock. Just in case Rock needed his help.

As both individuals saw, through the store windows, as the taxi stopped right outside for Rock.

The boy turned and used his right hand to point at the bag on the counter, as he inquired, “Do you need me to help you carry this out, sir?” He then dropped his right hand back to his side.

Rock turned to the boy, as he answered, “There will be ho need.” He then picked up the plastic back with his left hand, by its two top hands. And he used the cane in his right hand to start to walk towards the door.

In response, the boy walked pass Rock, and held open the right side door for Rock.

When Rock reached the open door, he stopped and turned to the boy. He said, “Thank you for your help. With manners and good work ethics like yours, you will go far in life. And always remember, from a voice of experience, politeness can save you life.”

The boy replied, “Thank you. I will remember that. And you are welcome.”

Rock then walked up to the taxi and got into the back seat. After Rock shut the door, the taxi soon left the parking lot for the nearby street.

After the taxi left, the boy went back inside and headed to the store owner's office.

The door to the office was closed.

The boy knocked on the door, until the owner stated, with slight annoyance in his voice, “What is it?”

The boy answered through the door, “Mister Montoya. Sir. You wanted me to immediately report to you any odd people that entered the store. I just sold a strange, crippled man some store items. He just left, and I thought you should know.”

The owner asked, in an annoyed tone of voice, “What did he buy?”

The boy thought, 'I see my boss is still unhappy over the recent break up with a woman he had been dating. But, this is my job, and I have to do it.'

The boy stated, “He bought the entire Black Lagoon collection. Both the anime, and the manga, collections, with his debit card. While the card clear, and we made the sale, I am still a bit concern.”

The owner then asked, with more annoyance in his voice than before, “Okay. You sold some items. Still, who was it you sold the items to?”

The boy responded, “It was a japanese man, sir. Though, he spoke very good english. Better than I sometimes speak.”

The owner's voice on the verged of anger, as he questioned, “What was his name?”

The boy said, “His debit card said, Rokuro Okajima.”

The door the office immediately was slammed open, inwardly, from the inside. The owner was had black hair, and he was physically fit man, in his twenties. He had tanned skin, and his hair was left long enough to go down to the back of his neckline. He were a white button up shirt, black pants, black belt, white socks, and dress shoes.

Mister Montoya, stepped out of his office, and looked over at the boy.

The boy noticed that the owner's eyes did not hold anger, but fear.

Mister Montoya commented, in a tone of voice that deadly serious, “We need to look at the security cameras up front.”

Both of them then headed to the front, cashier side of the counter, to looked at the video feeds that were connected the computer, and computer screen, there were park of the cash register.

(_)

A few minutes later, both of them were losing at the security cameras from the computer screen on the front of the counter.

The manager, Mister Montoya used the computer mouse and keyboard to play the video recordings, back and forth, a few times. He watched the video of the man that had come into the store and then left.

The boy heard the owner say under his breath, “Rock.”

It was then that the two of them heard a motorcycle being revved up right outside their front doors.

Both of them looked up, and saw a female biker in a red leather outfit, and on pink motorcycle, roll by the windows. With the motorcycle coming to a stop by the front doors.

The woman on the motorcycle wore a red leather jacket, pants, and gloves. Along with said clothing, she had on a pink helmet, black leather belt, and black boots.

Mister Montoya noted that the way her jacket hugged her chest. He thought, 'She must have a couple of pistols in shoulder holsters, under that jacket. This is not good.'

The woman turned her head turns Mister Montoya, as he looked back at her.

They stared at each other for a few seconds.

Then, the woman took over her helmet to reveal that she was a chinese-american woman, with red hair that was pulled back into a ponytail. She looked to be in her mid-twenties.

She stepped off the left side of the motorcycle, with her standing between the motorcycle and the doors to the store. She unzipped her jacket to reveal a white t-shirt.

She set her helmet on the bike. And then she walked up to the doors and entered the shop.

The boy looked at the woman, and then back to his boss. He saw that Mister Montoya had immediately paled. The boy then turned back to look at the woman whom was approaching them.

Mister Montoya thought, in fear, 'Oh crap. I have been found.'

Mister Montoya quickly looked around and he saw that there were no customers in the store.

Mister Montoya turned to the boy, as he ordered, “Bobby, take the day off. And leave right now.”

The boy heard Mister Montoya, while he continued to look more closely at the woman's face, and her slender, yet muscular body.

As the woman came to a stop, ten feet from them, on the other side of the corner, near the door, Bobby started to comment, “She looks a lot like...”

Mister Montoya cut the Bobby off, snapping, “Shut up! I am saving your life! Now run!”

Bobby turned to Montoya. He then turned, and ran around the back counter, to the retail side the store. Next, he ran along the counter, passed the woman. With him pushing open the left door.

Mister Montoya and the woman turned towards the store front, as they watched Bobby exit the store. He ran pass the back of the motorcycle, and out of the parking lot. And a few seconds later, he had run of sight of those still in the store.

The woman giggled for a few seconds. She then turned back to Mister Montoya, as she said, in english, “Your little comments towards him reminds me of you and Eda.”

For a few seconds, Mister Montoya attention turned to the holstered, loaded, semi-automatic pistol, which hidden right under the checkout counter, just inches from his hands. He did not make any eye, nor physical moves towards the weapon just yet. Because, he did not want to tip off the woman to the weapon he had.

Mister Montoya had even given Bobby a few lessons, just in case the store was ever robbed.

Mister Montoya looked at the woman, as he stated, in a firm, direct tone of voice, “He is good kid. I do not want him to get dragged into my problems.”

The woman responded, “Don't worry. We have no interest in him. Besides, after I watched the way he treated Rock, so well. I wouldn't let anyone harm a hair on his head. But, he might remember this morning for the rest of his life. The morning he met the great Revy.”

Mister Montoya commented, “Still as arrogant as ever I see, Revy.”

Revy teased, “My, you have grown a bit of a backbone. I respect that. Anyway, this morning, I was just following Rock, and look whom I find. You. So, this is where you got to, Rico. By the way, I like the hair.”

Rico Montoya calmly said, “Thank you. I found green hair attracted to much attention here. So, I dyed it black.”

Revy commented, “I got to say, we were all wondered what happened to you. You suddenly fell off the face of the Earth. Some people thought that Eda just finally killed you. But, she did look for you, for a while. Though, she gave up the search, after a few days.”

Rico replied, “Well, as you can see, I am very much alive and well.”

Revy asked, with curiosity in her tone of voice, “So, what set you off running?”

Rico explained, “I might as well to you. Since you have made it this far. It is clear you likely know most of what is going on.”

“It all started that day you introduced us to Akira. I was a fan of the series he is from. Which, by the way, is titled, Gacha Gacha Secret.”

“Once Akira gave his full name and showed us that he could switch genders. Along with those facts, and factoring a few years of age, Akira looked almost exactly the same as in the manga. And his girl side looked exactly like she did after eating nattou.”

“It was then that I realized that the multiverse theory was real. And I understood the dangers that meant for our planet. I burned my anime and manga collection before I left. So, I would not leave any clues for Eda, Yolanda, or anyone else, to figure out what I knew.

“I then found my own way out of that reality. Before things could go to hell. And given you are here. I guess I didn't go far enough.”

Revy replied, “Apparently not.”

Rico commented, “By the way, from the security video, Rock looks like hell.”

Revy said, with a sad tone of voice, “I know. So, what did Rock buy here?”

Rico coyly answered, “The autobiographies to your lives and relationship.”

Rico could see that his comment cheered Revy up.

Revy responded, “Really? Chang needs to know about Rock has copies of the Black Lagoon series.”

Rico thought, 'So, you do know about our series.' He stated, “Go ahead. I could care less. I ran across the series a month after getting here. I watched the anime, and read the manga. It is an interesting concept of one's reality being the fiction in another reality.”

Revy stated, “Very true. I have also watched the entire Black Lagoon anime. And I have read Black Lagoon the manga. Considering, I don't speak a word of the japanese, it is strange watching and listening on the screen, as words are coming out of my mouth, that I don't understand, in other voices. In both english and japanese. Though, the english dub was good. And I have to admit, after watching me in the series...

Revy shrugged her shoulders, as she continued, in a casual tone of voice, “I am a bitch.”

Rico pointed out, “They say that admitting to a problem is the first step to solving it.”

Revy replied, “Point taken.”

Rico then remembered a very dark scene at the Roberta's Blood Trail anime arc, that dealt with Revy. He carefully asked, with worry in his tone voice, “Revy? You did not see the Roberta's Blood Trail arc? Did you?”

Revy replied, “As I said, I watched the entire anime series... Oh, you mean that scene. About my past.”

Rico carefully said, “Yes. That scene. Revy. It is obvious to anyone, that you are a very private person. And to be honest, when I watched that scene, I was terrified of the thought of you realizing that countless people, across the multiverse, watching such a horrifically traumatic event for you. And that such a realization might permanently break your already fragile grip on your sanity.”

Revy smiled, as she replied, “I am a little stronger than that, Rico. Still, the first time I saw that scene, I experienced three things at once. First, like you said, I realized that others had seen that dark chapter in my life. At the same time, I had a flashback, of that event. And I blacked out for two days.”

“I woke up chained to a medical bed. Chang was there. He told me that viewing that scene caused my Whitman fever to go into overdrive. I destroyed a number of his boomers, but fortunately, he was able to have me restrained before I could hurt any people.”

“Now, when I look at that scenes, or think about what happened, it does not bother me as much, anymore. I guess when I confronted the event, from a dispassionate, third person point of view, it helped me finally work my emotional issues over that event.”

Rico thought, 'Boomers?... Chang?... Okay. So, Revy works for Chang. And they have access to not only reality travel. But, boomers from a Bubblegum Crisis reality. Though, given Chang's taste in style. Revy is likely talking about boomers from the Bubblegum Crisis OVA reality. Still, I need to be careful in what I say to Revy, right now. I need to keep her in a good mood, while I get more information from her, without her realize it.'

Rico stated, “Even given the situation we are in, the fact you have become saner makes me very happy. Still, I have to ask. What did you think of the Black Lagoon omakes shorts?”

Revy giggled for a few seconds. She then said, in a humorous tone of voice, “I found them hilarious. Especially, the Boys and Girls short. That omake gives me ideas.”

Rico replied, “I figured you would say as much.”

Revy responded, “Thanks. And now let's talk about you. You should know, you did a very good job escaping. You almost left behind no tracks. Even though you are on Chang's target list, we long since gave up ever finding you. You had too much of a head start. Until now.”

Revy's comment caught Rico's attention. He inquired, “Target list?”

Revy coyly said, “You shouldn't worry. With the brains, creativity, and resources you have shown. Along, with you figuring out what was going on long before anyone else had a clue about the truth to Akira. Even before Chang did. And it took Chang a lot of time and resources to figure out how to travel reality. I cannot imagine how difficult it was for you. I am sure Chang will use you for jobs, instead of leaving you in a vat.”

Rico was worried by the way Revy was talking. Thought, he did not show his concern. He questioned, “Vat?”

Revy stated, “A lot has happened to Roanapur, since you have been gone.”

Rico said, “I cannot imagine how things could get crazier in Roanapur.”

Revy replied, “You would be surprised. Also, it may surprise you, but this is Akira's home reality.”

The revelation about Akira's place of origin caught Rico's interest. He responded, “Really? So, that is why I cannot find any manga about him. Or, a few others. Now, that I think about.”

Revy stated, “Yea. Our reality is fiction to Akira. And Akira's reality is fiction to us. That is a really wild concept. And that does explain why Akira was so skittish when he first came to Roanapur.”

Rico replied, “I fully agree. That does explain how Akira acted towards us. He clearly knew what was going on, when he first arrived Roanapur.”

Revy questioned, “Yes. Akira clearly knew the score back home, before he arrived. So, why did you settle down here, of all places?”

Rico thought, 'I am in too deep not to answer her question.' He answered, “I chose this reality, and time because it was similar to our own. Now, as to why I set up shop in this part of the world? None you like the cold. You can't wear a crop top and cut-offs in this weather.”

Revy replied, “You got that right.”

Rico thought, 'Now, to maintain her good mood. With a comment that is true.' He complimented, “By the way, you look good in that red leather outfit.”

Revy smiled, as she said, “Thank you.”

Rico thought, 'Good. She is still happy.' He went onto say, “Anyway, no one in Roanapur is crazy about going to America. After I jumped to this reality, I decided that I would find a nice winter city in America to live in. And this is a nice city to come to.”

Revy complimented, “Good thinking. Honestly, if I had not stumbled upon you, we would have never found you. Especially, in a place like this. Talk about hiding in plain sight.”

Rico commented, “I turned my hobby into a career. It is a lot safer than selling arms, from governments, to criminals. And you meet just as many interesting people.”

Revy said, “I bet. So, I guess asking you to come peacefully is not going to work?”

Rico calmly replied, “No.” He then swiftly pulled out the gun from under the counter and fired the gun at Revy.

Revy jumped out of the way of the gunfire, as she reach into within her jacket for her two cutlasses.

Revy smiled, as she commented, “Guess not. Now, let's find out how useful you can be in a fight.” She then returned fire.

(_)

Back at the hotel that Rock's group were staying at, the taxi had just dropped Rock off.

Rock paid the taxi driver, exited the vehicle, with his bag. He then made his way through the lobby, and to the elevators, without his friends noticing. Some of whom, were nearby, in the lobby, sitting on the couches, in the lobby. As they talks, or read magazines, and books.

A few minutes later, Rock used his key card to enter his room. He then shut the door. With the door automatically locking itself, behind him.

Rock made his way to his bed. He then set his bag by the other bag that had his laptop computer and other equipment. Next, walked over, and learned down, to turn on a yellow lamp light, on the nightstand, by his bed. With the lamp set by the hotel alarm clock.

As Rock stood up, he mentally noted, 'I didn't see Annie anywhere. I wonder what she is up too. Still, It does not matter. I need to do this alone. I do not want others to join in and watch this series with me. I know this will just be very personal for me, considering it is about my life. Much of my life, since coming to Roanapur, has not been pleasant. And I know this going to reopen a few very painful, emotional wounds.'

Before watching, Rock, made sure the fridge in his hotel room, which he had the hotel staff fill with nonalcoholic drinks and snacks. He just pair for it with his debt card.

Rock then walked over to his bed, and sat down by his bag. He laid his can by his and the bag. He then start pulled everything, he had bought, out of the bags.

Depending on the item, he either unwrapped the item, or pulled it out of the box is come from.

As Rock did this, mentally reflected, 'I know I cannot smoke in this room. But, I feel that I will likely need a cigarette and some rum after this. Still, rum sometimes painfully reminds me of Revy. Considering she introduce me to the stuff.”

Rock's new laptop computer, was the last thing he pulled out. He set the computer on his bed.

He then plugged the cord in the computer and also into a nearby electrical socket.

Next, Rock turned on his laptop computer. After the operating system booted up, and he logged into the default account, he made sure to turn off the wireless network on his laptop.

Rock thought, 'I still don't trust Megatron not to snoop on me. If he wants too.'

He attached the headphones to the computer to the audio jack, and put them on.

Rock tested the sound. Set it to low first, then raising it to where it at a conformable volume. He then pulled up the dvd player software installed on the computer would load.

He opened the computer disc tray, grabbed the first dvd box container of the Black Lagoon series, put the dvd into the computer disc tray and load the video on the dvd player software problem. He soon began waiting episode one of the Black Lagoon series.

It took Rock a full day, and the much of next morning to watch the anime series and read the manga.

Coffee was a wonderful thing in such situations. Though, Rock did take a few naps between episodes. Due to a combination of sleep deprivation and his illness physically weakening him. But, he did make sure to use his alarm clock to not sleep through the night.

Rock after he woke up from his first nap, he thought, 'Even though I am getting physically weaker from dying, this is to important not to do now.'

He watched each episode, in japanese, then in english. Before moving onto the next episode.

As he watched his series, he realized, as he said, “Even though the voices are different in both audio tracks, I have found the english version of the anime is actually more accurate in dialogue to what really happen. Especially, considering the main language used by criminals in Roanapur was english. Not japanese.”

After Rock watched the scene in the second episode, with the Lagoon attacking the helicopter, he said, “It is reassuring that scene was as awesome as I remembered it. I will have to watch that scene a few more times, before moving on.”

Still, some of the material had been difficult for Rock to view and read. Especially the return to Japan arc.

After viewing the anime and reading the manga, he admitted to him, “Okay... Except for few different things happening. And the story arcs being in a slightly different order. Everything between the anime and manga are about the same... And I admit that I was a bit of a bastard at the tail in of the Roberta's Blood Trail arc.”

But, for Rock, the hardest scene in the anime for him watch was in the last episode of the anime version of Roberta Blood Trail arc. Specifically, the scene dealing with Revy's past.

After watching that scene, Rock sadly thought, 'Oh Revy. I had no idea. You dropped hints, but... When you were a young teenage, a cop wrongly arrested you, took you to a jail cell, while cuffed, and he then raped you. It explains so much about how you became the way you are.'

The version of the manga volumes Rock bought were only in english. While Rock had not problems in reading. And the manga offered some more insight into the Black Lagoon series. Such are thoughts, additional scene, and other subtle things, not included in the anime.

Rock also found some good news, in comparing the two versions of the series.

Rock thought, 'Well, the good news is that unlike the manga, I know for the fact we are from the anime timeline. Because when Revy went crazy on the nazi ship, Dutch was able to stop her from killing the main crew of that ship.'

'Also, during our adventure where we were sent by Chang to take that briefcase to Basilan. In the manga our crew was ambushed and there was a large firefight. While in our timeline. The anime timeline. We found we had a boat following us at night.'

'Revy used the Remington rifle to kill those on the boat at a distance. Accurately shooting targets at that range showed off how skilled she is with firearms. That type of shooting requires a calm mood and steady hands.'

'I found watching the scene from this point of view that her actions were artistic.'

'Though, not everything in anime was better off than in the manga. The manga version ending of the Blood Trail arc backs up Akira's statement on Roberta. Her injuries were only that serious in the anime. In our home reality.'

'And to be honest, after the series ending, I would have had no problems with Chang turning Roberta into a cyborg. With her permission. If, Chang had not sent her and the others, after us.'

Then, Rock got to the omake videos and manga, which he had chosen to look at last.

Rock mentally noted, 'I find the Black Lagoon omakes truly disturbing. For the most part. I will admit, I laughed when I saw Revy in a red and pink magical girl custom, and Boris as a teenaged pretty boy.'

'But, up until just watching the omakes from the viewers point of view, I had thought they were rum fueled nightmares, that I had. I literally experienced them, from the point of view of myself. And then I woke up from them. And unlike the video and manga of the Boys and Girls omake, which showed Revy's back side, in my nightmare, I saw the front view of Revy in that scene. That nightmare had scarred my very soul.'

'That was the worst nightmare I ever had in my entire life. I woke up drenched in sweat, and screaming at the top of my lungs. Only after I physically used my hands to check myself, to make sure I was still male, did I start to calm down.'

'But, by then both Revy and Dutch burst into my room, weapons in hand, with Benny right behind them. I quickly told them that everything was alright. I just had a really bad nightmare that would likely haunt me for a while. Dutch stated that living in a place like Roanapur gives everyone horrible nightmares, sometimes. Revy wanted the details, but I refused to tell her, and we all eventually went back to sleep.'

'Still, after the Boys and Girls nightmare, I could not look at Revy for a week without feeling sick to my stomach. Though, I was able to force myself to get over it. Still, those were some traumatic experiences. Besides my problems looking at Revy for a week, I never looked at most of the others I worked with the same way again.'

'That event nearly drove me to be permanently sober. The rest of Lagoon Company were starting to think that my sobriety was a sign of I was starting to crack. And it was only after they convinced me to have a beer, a month later, that they found their worries were unfounded.'

'Still, that Boys and Girls omake confirms a few things I have seen. And I must never, ever mention, nor show the Boys and Girls omake to the others. Especially the gender benders. It may give them ideas. Though, from what I know of Akira, she likely already knows. And maybe Natsuru. But fortunately, they are polite enough not to talk about it.'

'Also, I wonder why Dutch's hair is brown in the Boys and Girls omake? Instead of black, like his black goatee. Since Dutch shaves his head, I am not sure. Maybe Dutch dyes his goatee black, for some reason. Or, maybe this Dutch dye her hair brown.'

'Of course, I have never seen Dutch nude, below the waist. And I have no desire to see him nude, either. And I have never really paid close attention his body hair. So, I will ask my Dutch, the next time I see him.'

'And now that I have finished watching. I now know what Chang knew about me, and the rest of us. And I did this in the hopes of gaining some insight into Chang's thinking. And I think I have accomplished that.'

After Rock replaced the last dvd back into its container, he took off his headphones, and turned off his laptop.

But, before he could do anything else, he felt the need to get some more sleep.

He decided a two hour nap would not hurt, as he set his alarm.

And as his slept, he remembered his more recent past.

(_)

In the past, in on an alternate Earth, Megatron was in alt mode, as Rock sat in the drivers seat, with Annie beside him in the passenger seat, and Fabiola behind Annie in the backseat.

Rock looked over at the two women, as he inquired, “Everyone ready?”

Fabiola answered, “Yes.”

Annie replied, “Anytime, you are.”

Rock turned back in front of him, as he pulled out his reality key and put into into the hole in the middle part of the dashboard and turned it.

Though, unlike other times, Rock's mind was not fully on the destination.

This time, he was think about the future.

Suddenly, they found themselves on a sandy beach. Though, Megatron was on the dry sand, beyond where water stopped, from the gentle waves, from the large body of water, by them.

From the angle of the sun, it was the middle of the day.

The weather was partly cloudy. The temperature was comfortable, with a slight breeze in the air.

Pass the sandy beach were tropical trees, bushes, and foliage.

Megatron stated, “My sensors state we are on a small island. I detect a large human structure in the distance. Beyond the tree line, in front of us. And there is a metal object in a bay, in another direction. Passed the tree line. Also, I detect humans moving between the two locations.”

Rock said, “Thank you, Megatron. I will check this out, myself. Everyone stay here. Maybe we will get lucky, and the people here are friendly. If so, we might spend a few days on a tropical island.”

Fabiola smiled, as she said, “Sounds great.”

Annie grinned, as she commented, “I am glad you talked me into getting that bathing suit, Fabiola.”

Fabiola replied, “Thank you.”

Rock pulled out some binoculars from the glove box, by Annie.

He then opened the driver's side door and got out.

After Rock closed the door, Annie handed Rock his cane.

With the binoculars in one hand, and his cane in the other, Rock calmly walked into the brush.

He soon made it to the other side of the tree line.

He stayed behind brush, on the tree line, so he would not be spotted. He then used the binoculars to take a look around.

In front of him was a grassy, open field, with five women playing with five younger children.

He turned and saw a very large home, further inland.

He then looked over at the nearby bay, and he saw what was moored to the nearby dock of a small bay.

In response, he immediately turned back to the group, and saw a long dark haired woman looking back at him. She was giving him a thumbs up with her right thumb, with a smile on her face.

Rock got a good look at her face. He immediately recognized her, along with the other adults with the children, and his face paled.

Rock lower his binoculars, as he turned and quickly made his way back to his group.

The others could clearly see that Rock was emotionally rattled at what he found.

Fabiola asked, “What did you see?

As Rock got back into the car, he quietly said, “Possibilities. Just possibilities. Let's get out of here.”

Less than a minute later, Rock used his reality key to jump them to another reality.

(_)

As Rock woke up on his bed, in his hotel room, he said, “I hate that memory.”

He sat up, he pulled out his wallet, and looked at a picture he had in it.

It was a photo of the Revy, Dutch, Benny, and himself, standing by the Lagoon, at their dock in Roanapur.

He thought, 'Good times. And Janet has been fun to be around, since she joined the crew.' He then put away his wallet.

He looked over at the clock, and saw he that it was lunch time

Rock said, “I might as well get some real food to eat.”

He got cleaned up. After which, he returned to his bed, closed his laptop, wrapped up the power cord with it, and put it, along with his headphones, into a plastic bag.

He then picked up his cane, from his bed.

With Rock holding the bag, with his equipment in his left hand, and his cane in his right hand, mentally reflected, 'I checked, and this hotel has wireless service. I might want to surf the internet if there is nothing to do.'

He then went down to the hotel restaurant to get something to eat.

(_)

Five minutes later, when Rock reached the restaurant, he saw that the place was empty, except for Fabiola, Annie, Akira, Natsuru, and Ranma.

There was not even a bartender on duty.

Rock thought, 'I guess with such a slow day. The staff must be in back. I will call them to come, after I sit down.'

Rock noticed that they were all sitting at a table, there were no plates on their tables. And only glass of liquid drinks.

Rock also saw they were all watching the local news broadcast, from a wall mounted TV. The TV was mounted on the top corner part of the room, across from the lobby entrance of the restaurant.

Rock thought, 'There is much something interesting on TV.'

Rock then saw that Akira, Natsuru, and Ranma were all back to being girls for the day.

Rock thought, 'They must prefer to alternate between genders, almost every day.'

Rock noticed that Akira was in her cowgirl outfit, without her weapons. Ranma was in her chinese clothing, wearing golden braces on her wrists. And Natsuru was in her white and black seifuku.

Rock thought, 'I guess they want to be ready for battle. That is not a bad idea.'

He walked up them. As he came to a stop, by their table, he asked, “What is going on?”

Akira turned to Rock, as she responded, “You're not going to believe what we saw on the news. The only reason we didn't come get you was that you wanted to be left alone. The story is about to be repeated, just now. You need to see this.”

Rock sat down at their table, in a chapter, as he sat his bag on the table in front of him.

He then looked at the TV, as he watched the new broadcast.

The TV showed a picture of a man with black hair, with the name below him reading, in english, Ricardo Montoya.

Rock thought, 'He looks familiar. I just cannot place his face.'

The anchor woman stated, in english, “A follow up to yesterdays report. Ricardo Montoya is still missing, following a report of a gunfight that damaged his place of business, The Gateway To Fantasy. A collector's store.”

“While police reported that the store's camera recordings were destroyed, the one witness, the store clerk, stated that a young chinese-america woman, with red hair, cropped in a ponytail, whom was reportedly riding a pink motorcycle, had confronted both two of them.”

“The manager ordered the young witness to immediately leave. With the clerk soon running out right before the first shots were fired.”

“Other witnesses confirmed the clerk's story, by seeing a woman riding a pink motorcycle, and later entering the store. Here is a sketch of the woman, as reported by the primary witness.”

The TV showed a picture of the sketch.

To Rock, the sketch looked a lot like Revy.

Rock thought, 'That is Revy. And the pink motorcycle is likely Arcee in her alt mode.'

The broadcast then cut back to the anchorwoman, as she continued, “Police would like for anyone with information, in this case, to come forward.”

Rock then realized whom the manager was. He thought, 'That was Rico. The black hair threw me... Another one captured and processed. Still, I am shocked that I was within a few yards of him, yesterday morning... Wait, the only way Revy could have found him was if she was following me...' Rock's eyes widened, as he continued his thoughts, 'He was captured because of me! Because they know were we are!'

Rock looked around the group, as he stated, “We have to leave, right now.”

Everyone at the table look over at Rock.

Natsuru asked, “Why?”

Rock admitted, “I was just there yesterday. I bought the Black Lagoon series. Both the anime and the manga. I just got finished reviewing all of it.”

Annie asked, “So, that is what you were doing?”

Rock responded, “Yes, I wanted to know what Chang knew. Now, I do, and I am already thinking up a plan against Chang. Listen, a lot of that stuff in there is very personal to me, and I didn't want to have to watch it with others. ”

Annie replied, “I know the feeling. While you were busy, I watched the Star Wars movies.”

Rock looked over at Annie, with a bit of surprise on his face. He replied, “Really?”

Annie said, “Yes.”

Fabiola said, “Don't worry. She took it better than we thought she would.”

Fabiola smiled over Annie, whom returned her smile.

Rock forced himself to calm down, as he stated, “Good. Anyway, I was just at that store, yesterday. That man is Rico. The same Rico as from Roanapur. I don't know how he got here. Anyway, I talk with that boy, at that store. Rico must have been in back. Revy must have followed me. They know where we are.”

Ranma said, “If that is the case. Then, we do need to get out of here.”

The group immediately got up from their seats. But, when they turned to the entrance to the restaurant, they saw the four human members of Hell Sabers walk in, while wearing their hardsuits.

While in her red armor, Revy casually said, “Hi guys. Miss us?”

Akira then noticed that none of her group had their weapons. She inquired, “Oh hell. Does anyone here have their weapons on them?”

Annie pulled out and ignited her lightsaber, in a direction away from her group, but towards the Hell Sabers.

Akira commented, “Figures you would be the only one prepared.”

Fabiola then hauled up a gym bag from under her seat. She set the gym bag onto the table. She zipped opened the bag to reveal everyone's weapons were inside it.

Fabiola explained, “I realized this might happen. So, I went to your rooms and collected your weapons, and fighting items.”

As everyone collected their weapons, and got ready, Akira complimented Fabiola, “Thanks. You're a lifesaver, Fabiola.”

Rock handed Fabiola his bag, as he requested, “Put this in there. We might need it later.”

Fabiola did as Rock requested. She then zipped the bag back up.

Across the room, Roberta said, “You always were a good fighter, Fabiola. My offer still stands. Surrender and join us.”

After Fabiola checked to make sure her pistols were in their shoulder holsters, under her jacket, she turned to Roberta. She responded, “Thanks. But, not thanks. Since we are all friends here, to bad we have to fight, due to you all be brainwashed by Chang.”

Roberta agreed, “It is a true pity.”

As everyone was about to act, Revy held up her right gauntlet, in a stopping motion, towards Rock's group. She stated, “Hold it.” She then lowered her right gauntlet.

A small compartment on the right hip armor of Revy hardsuit popped open and she pulled out a data disc.

She tossed disc to Rock, whom easily caught it.

Revy stated, “A message from Chang. For your eyes only. Lover boy.”

Rock put the disc in his coat pocket, as he replied, “I will be sure to view after we escape you.”

Revy complimented, “I love your optimism.”

Rock turned to his group, as he stated, “We need to get to the lobby, and to Megatron, so we can get out of here.”

Akira ordered, “Annie, watch Rock. We may need to move fast. And we need someone that may have to carry Rock, while running. That is you. We will take care of the girls. When we clear an opening, head for the lobby as quickly as possible. We will follow, once we know two are clear.”

Annie and Rock nodded, as Rock grabbed, Fabiola's bag, and slung the strap of the bag on his left shoulder. He then made sure he had a good grip on his cane, with his right hand.

Akira looked at Fabiola, and her two lovers, as she stated, “Ladies, choose your dance partners.” The four women then looked across the room, at the Hell Sabers.

Ranma cracked her knuckles, as she stated, with glee, “Well, if you don't mind, Akira. I would like to take on Revy. You speak so highly of her that I want to see how she stacks up. Besides, red is my favorite color.”

Fabiola said, “I will take Shenhua.”

Natsuru responded, “I always wondered how my magical girl form would stack up with the Bloodhound.”

Akira unsheathed her long knives, as she commented, “And that leaves Sawyer for me.”

(_)

Across the room, the Hell Sabers heard the entire conversation.

Revy ordered, “Girls. Let's make this interesting. No projectile weaponry. Let's teach these bitches who the top dogs are here.”

Sawyer replied, “Works for me.”

Roberta shrugged, as she said, “I could use a workout.”

Shenhua pulled and ignited her lightsabers, as she joked, “It is always fun to teach outsider girls what happens when they mess with members of the Roanapur Bad Girls Club.”

Revy, Saywer Roberta laughed at Shenhua's joke.

(_)

At that moment, Fabiola was the first to charge at the Hell Sabers.

Fabiola started with a running jump onto the first table in front of her. She did a vaulted cartwheel onto the second table. Next, she did a full front flip that ended with a powerful sidekick, with her right foot, right into Shenhua helmet.

The impact sent Shenhua onto her back, as she dropped her lightsabers onto the floor.

As the lightsaber left her hands, the weapons automatically deactivated.

Meanwhile, the other three women had reached the Hell Sabers, and engaged their intended targets.

(_)

As Ranma approached Revy, she thought, 'I dare not use the Chestnuts Fist technique against her, because I risk breaking my hand against her armor. And things are too tight here for the Fierce Tiger Shot, and the Dragon of the Heaven's Blast. So, this is going to be just a good old fashion knock down drag out fight. I love these types of fights.'

Ranma attacked Revy first, by throwing a punch at Revy helmet, but she was shocked as she watched Revy dodge the blow.

Ranma thought, 'I guess that power armor and super-soldier serum count for something. But, she never faced someone like me.'

As Revy was about to returned the blow, Ranma quickly picked up a nearby table, and threw at Revy, knocking her back. Though Revy was able to remain her on her feet.

Revy commented, “Not bad.”

Ranma replied, “Thanks.”

Revy said, “Now, it is my turn.” She then charge at Ranma. And the two of them then began their brawl.

(_)

Nearby, Sawyer did not wait for Akira to reach her. She immediately jumped towards Akira, as she popped out her two wrist blades, from the top of her gauntlets.

Akira sidestepped the attack, a Sawyer landed on her feet, by Akira.

Sawyer turned to face Akira.

Akira stated, “Fair warning, Sawyer. This is not the first time I beat someone with power armor on.”

Sawyer electronic voice stated, “I will keep that in mind.” She then attacked Akira with her blades

Akira parried the attack, with her own knives. And the two of them started a dance of blades against each other.

(_)

At the same time, Natsuru and Roberta traded blows, near the bar counter.

Natsuru thought, 'The good news she is not using her guns. The bad news is this is too close quarters for me to use my fireballs, and flamethrower, abilities..'

Suddenly, Roberta used her right hand to grab Natsuru's head, and she slammed Natsuru's head into the bar, splintering the wood finish.

Natsuru got angry. She reacted by no longer holding back, and she used her right fist to punch Roberta square in the jaw, with her full superstrength.

The blow sent Roberta across the room, threw restaurant wall, and into the lobby.

Though, Roberta shifted her weight to land on her feet, as she skidded to a stop.

Roberta shook her head to clear her mind from the force of the blow.

As Natsuru approached her, Roberta admitted to the blue haired woman, “You got a nice right hook there.”

Natsuru spit out blood from her mouth. She then grinned wickedly, as she replied, “I can to play rough both in and out of the bedroom.”

Behind her helmet's visor, Roberta gave Natsuru a feral smile. She stated, “That is the way I like them.”

The two women then charged at each other. As they continued their fight.

(_)

Back in the restaurant, Fabiola was stamping, with her right foot, on the one vital weak point she could see in Shenhua armor, the front of Shenhua's throat, while Shenhua was on her back.

Suddenly, Shenhua grabbed Fabiola right ankle, with her right gauntlet. She leaned up, as she threw Fabiola several feet away.

Fabiola used her acrobatic skills to land on her feet.

Meanwhile, Shenhua jumped up straight, and fired both her wire guided electro-daggers at Fabiola.

With her left foot, Fabiola swiftly kicked a table, that between them, on its side. With the daggers embedded themselves into the wood of the table.

Shenhua then retracted her daggers.

(_)

While these fights went on, Rock and Annie saw their opening and made their way through the restaurant exit, and into the lobby.

(_)

Nearby, Revy punched at Ranma with her right knuckle-bomber. Ranma sidestepped the blow. But, when the punch made contact with the wall next to them, it cause the wood and sheetrock of the wall to explode outward.

Ranma looked at the hole in the wall. She then turned to Revy, as she thought, 'That weapon is like Ryoga's breaking point. Only, it likely works against flesh. I got to watch myself around this woman. She is dangerous.'

(_)

As Akira kept Sawyer from skewering her, from the corner of her eye, she saw Rock and Annie head out of the room. She yelled, “Girls retreat!”

(_)

Fabiola and Ranma heard Akira, they quickly fell back into the lobby, along with Akira.

As they passed by Natsuru, whom was still trading blows with Roberta, Akira said to her blue haired lover, “Natsuru, stop playing around. We are getting out of here.”

Natsuru nodded, as she threw a fireball at Roberta, knocking the armored Bloodhound several feet away from her.

As the four women made their way closer to the front entrance, they stopped right behind Rock and Annie, as they saw who was there to greet them, twenty feet ahead of them.

They saw that the lobby was deserted, except for Arcee, and three blue and black colored Typhoon II motoslaves. All four were in robot mode. Arcee had her arms folded around her chest, while the motoslaves pointed their large rifles at them.

Arcee smirked, as she stated, “It's over.”

The group looked behind them, and they saw the Hell Sabers were catching up to them.

They looked back at Arcee just in time to see Megatron, in alt car mode, suddenly crash through the windowed lobby entrance doors at high speed, with him slamming into Arcee.

The impact sent Arcee crashing into the far wall.

Without losing momentum, while moving, Megatron transformed into robot mode, and punched the first motoslave's head, with his right fist, so hard its head shattered like glass.

As the beheaded motoslave fell, Megatron grabbed its rifle and used the barrel of it to impale the second motoslave in its chest.

Megatron quickly let go of the impromptu spear, and used both hands to grab the third motoslave.

With his left hand, he gripped the motoslave right shoulder, with his right hand, he grabbed the motoslaved left hip. Megatron then swiftly ripped the third motoslave in half, at its waist.

While showing no signs of stopping, Megatron quickly picked the large rifles that belonged to impaled and bisected motoslaves.

While dual wielding both giant rifles, Megatron turned to the humans, as he ordered, “Get down!”

Rock and the others in his group immediately ducked.

Annie she deactivated her lightsaber, right before she dropped to the ground, with the others.

Meanwhile, several feet behind Rock's group, Revy's eyes went wide, behind her visor, at what she saw. She exclaimed, “Ah hell!” Just before the first shot hit her on the left side of the helmet, sending her to the floor.

The next shot hit Shenhua directly in her chest, knocking her down.

The third round hit Sawyer on the side of her hip, pushing her to the ground.

Megatron fired the next to rounds at Roberta, just to make sure she stated down.

From the corner of his eye, he could see Arcee starting to get up.

Megatron quickly turned and emptied what was left in the ammo magazines, of the rifles, into Arcee.

Afterward, Megatron dropped the rifles. He then turned into his car mode, and he drove twenty feet down the lobby towards the his group.

He came to a stop, by them. After which, he opened all for of his car doors, and lowered his side windows, as he collapsed top hood of his alt mode.

From Megatron's vehicle speaker, he stated, “Get in. They will not be down for long.”

From the floor, Rock picked up Fabiola's bag, which was still near him, as he and the other heard Megatron.

While he and the others stood up, he pulled out the disc from his coat pocket, and put it into the bag for safe keeping.

Rock thought, 'To bad we cannot go back for our things from our room. But, we have to get out of here, now. And I can always buy another copy of the Black Lagoon series.'

Rock then picked up his cane, as he quickly made his way to Megatron's car, with Fabiola's gym bag.

A few seconds later, Rock's group quickly got into Megatron, with Rock in the driver's seat.

As soon as everyone was in, they closed the doors behind them.

With Rock in the driver's seat, Rock pulled out his reality key. He quickly thought of a new destination, put the key into the hole in the dashboard, and he turned it, causing them to jump to another reality.

(_)

Half a minute later, Revy came too.

Revy stood up, as she thought, 'The impact armor in my helmet likely just saved my life from the Megatron's attempted kill shot.'

Revy then pulled up visor heads up display. It told her that her suit was shot, but she was going to be fine.

Revy thought, 'At least I don't have a concussion.'

Revy asked, through their encrypted radio frequency, 'Is everyone alive?'

Sawyer flatly stated, into her radio, “I'll live.” She then stood up.

Shenhua had already gotten up, and walked back into restaurant, to collect her lightsabers. She groaned, through the radio, “Nothing a long soak in a hot bath won't fix.”

A mildly damaged Arcee answered, with her internal communications system, “I still function.”

Roberta stood up, as she stated, over the radio, “I've had worse.”

Arcee commented, “And you wonder why I suggested we go after Megatron first, Revy.”

Revy warned, “Don't start. I am still trying to think of how I am going to explain all this to Lotton and Chang. These suits and motoslaves are not cheap. Still, we are going back to the Tower. To get some medical examinations. To make sure everyone is alright. You including, Arcee.”

Arcee replied, “Your concern for me is appreciated.”

Revy responded, “Your welcome. Everyone group together. I will be the one to jump us.”

As the girls limped towards each other. Shenhua was last, as she had just retrieve her lightsabers, and holsters them in her hip armor. Shenhua then joined the others.

As soon as all five of the Hell Sabers were standing close together, Revy checked the reality jumping system installed in each of their hardsuits and inside Arcee.

The device read as green and functional.

Revy thought, 'Good thing that Chang is always having his techs constantly upgrading our reality traveling equipment. This is a lot more faster than calling in a portal.'

'Chang said his techs will soon be able to shrink these devices down to the side of a TV remote. With enough energy in one of the devices to jump a near infinite number of times without recharging. Along, with the device having the durability of a Timex watch. I can't way to see them.'

A few seconds later, after Revy checked to make sure they were all grouped together, Revy used her suit's reality device to returned to her team to the equipment shop of Chang's Tower, in their home reality.

(_)

Five minutes later, the police arrived to a mystery of the destroyed hotel lobby.

Though, they did find strange, large rifles, and large destroyed robots in the lobby.

(_)

Meanwhile, in another part of the multiverse, Rock's group reality jumped to an alternate modern Earth, much like the one Rock and his group had just left. The time was very early twenty-first century. The location was an upscale neighborhood in San Francisco California. The local time, early at night.

When they first arrived in this reality, it was the middle of the morning, and they were appeared by a Nevada highway.

Rock wanted to put some distance between them and their enemies, so he had Megatron spend the next several hours driving to California.

After some discussion between the group, they decided to go to San Francisco. Those in their group, that had previously been to the city. Or, in this case, the counterpart to the city. Said that the city had great food and the town was known for tolerating odd people.

It had been several hours since then. Their only stops on the road were quick bites to eat, and restroom trips.

When they reached the city, Megatron searched the local internet listings for houses, for a home that would suit their needs.

Given they had a large group of seven people, including Megatron himself. And he want a place with a large garage, with a vaulted ceiling, so he could switch to robot mode and walk around in hiding, he picked out a recently foreclosed mansion.

The mansion had just been foreclosed. But, most of the furniture, such as couches and beds, and pillows, along with the appliances, such a refrigerators and TVs had remained. Even the sheets, pillows sheets, and bath towels remained.

Also, the water and electricity were still turned on.

This was due to the fact that the previous owners had owed so much on their homes mortgage that they just walked away one night, with them never looking back.

When the reached the mansion, they got a good look at it.

Megatron remotely hacked the security system to turn it off, and Ranma picked the locks to the front door.

After every humans in the group walked inside and they took a look around. They soon all agreed this would be their new hideout.

As they had this discussion, outside, in his car alt mode, Megatron drove to the garage door of the mansion. He used his hacking abilities to have the garage door open.

After he drove into the garage, he had the door close behind him. With him out of sight, he turned into robot mode.

After which, Megatron accessed the internet.

Megatron hacked the city and bank records to state that the home was not foreclosed, and was currently owned in good standing. He also created back accounts for their groups' debit cards. With him later giving new debit cards to Akira, Natsuru, and Ranma. With the other human members using the debit card that Megatron had already given them.

A few hours later, Akira stayed with Rock, inside the house. Due to Rock feeling a little more tired than usual. While they two of them were getting acquainted with their new home, the rest of the team drove in Megatron, to get groceries and supplies.

Though, the decided to get new clothes and luggage tomorrow. So, Rock and Akira could come with them.

By the time they got back, it was dark. They had late supper, and they decided to turn in for the night.

Akira, Ranma, and Natsuru took the upstairs master bedroom.

Fabiola and Annie chose two separate bedrooms, nearby the master bedroom upstairs.

Rock elected to take the downstairs bedroom, that were originally for the servants of the house. He stated that he wanted some privacy. Everyone respected his wishes.

And Megatron was enjoying just lounging around in the garage, while in robot mode.

(_)

That night, in Rock's new bedroom, with a lamp light illuminating the room, Rock sat on his bed with the Fabiola's gym bag set beside him.

Fabiola said he could keep. Though, she did take a few items that were in there, that were hers, before she gave it to him.

Rock as sat on the bed, he thought, 'This is a fairly conformable bed. And I already changed the sheets, to some fresh sheets, I found, nearby, in a closet.'

'Still, it has been a long day. And I am getting tired. But, I know this day is not over for me.'

From the gym bag, Rock pulled out his laptop computer, power cord to his laptop, and the disc Revy gave him.

He mentally continued, 'I might as well find out what Chang wants from me, And I think I will use the laptop's own speakers. Though, I will keep the headphones, if I need them.'

Rock placed the laptop beside him on his bed. He then hooked the power cord to the laptop, and a nearby wall socket. Next, he booted up his computer. After the OS had booted up, he logged onto the default account.

With his computer ready, he loaded the disc into the computer, to see what it was.

Rock saw that there was just a video file on the disc. He clicked file and the video program loaded the computer started to play the video on the disc.

Rock set the video to full screen, as he listened to video with his laptop's internal speakers.

The video started in a huge office, with nice desk, and office chair. Behind the desk and chair huge, were blast resistant windows that showed a few clouds under them, and below the cloud line was the sea, in the distance. From the angle of the cloud line in the background, Revy guess that the room was on a high story of a highrise building.

Also, the windows did not show the sun, but it was clearly day light outside of the building the video was filmed in.

Rock thought, 'This is probably Chang penthouse office in the Tower.'

Sitting in the desk chair, behind the desk was Chang. He wearing his shades, while in his usual business suit and long coat.

Chang has his feet propped up on his desk, with a wicked grin on his lips. He excitedly stated, “Hiya Rocky-boy. How have you been? I hope the accidental poisoning by us hasn't sapped too much of your strength, just yet. I want you to know that we are all hoping you pull through and survive this. So, why don't you just surrender to us, like the good boy you are.”

Rock deadpanned, “Like hell.”

Chang continued, “I am sure you are verbally refusing my offer, right now.”

Rock thought, 'I admit it. He's good.'

Chang went onto say, 'So, here are some people that would like to speak to you.”

Chang motioned with he left hands to his left side. The camera moved in left direction, to show three adults, standing together, in the office.

Upon see the three of adults, whom Rock immediately recognized, even with their changes, Rock quietly said, in disbelief, as literally, his worst nightmare was becoming a reality, “No... It is like from the omake...”

In the video, it was Benny, Dutch, and Janet. Only, Benny and Dutch had been turned into women.

Benny stood to the left, Janet was in the middle, and Dutch was on the right side of the screen.

Like in the Boys and Girls omake, Benny was much shorter in height. Around the same height as Janet. Benny had long blond hair, that was allowed to flowed down her back. And she had small breasts. Rock was forced to admit that she was pretty, in a cute kind of way.

Benny was wearing a simple pink t-shirt and a long red skirt.

Dutch on the other hand was not much shorter than she had been as male. Her hair had grow out into brown dreadlocks. The size of her breasts were well proportioned to her new female physical frame.

Dutch wore a light plaid, button up shirt and dark pants that fit her new female form. Though, Dutch did not have on her usual, green tinted sunglasses.

Janet was wore a purple button up blouse, and a long green skirt.

And they all looked a few years younger. Like they were in their mid-twenties.

Worst of all, they each had a crazed grins on their lips.

The three said, in unison, “Hi Rock!”

Janet then spoke, “Don't worry Rock. We are all doing fine. To be fair we did put up one hell of a chase. We made is all the way to the Australian Outback. But, you know the Bloodhound. Once she had your scent, she does not quit till she has dealt with her prey.”

Benny continued, for her girlfriend, “They caught us literally in our sleep. One night Janet and I went to bed, and I made love to her as a man. We both then went to sleep, the next thing I know, I wake up a vat of green goo as a woman. But, soon after, Janet showed me how pleasurable sex as a woman is. So, no worries there. Though, to be honest, I am happy that I have small breasts as a girl. I don't want my girlfriend to be jealous of me.”

Rock saw and heard Janet giggling at Benny's comment.

Dutch spoke up, “Truth be told, Rock. Being a woman is not that bad. And the brainwashing was painless. I like working for Chang now.”

Rock thought, 'Dutch and Benny's voices are obviously different and more feminine octaves. Which makes sense. And they are brainwashed to obey Chang. Also, this video was clearly scripted. It is clear that Chang still doesn't leave anything to chance.'

It was then that Rock noticed something else about Benny and Janet.

At the same time, on the video Janet and Benny point at her eyes, as Janet stated, “And best of all. See. No glasses for either Benny, nor I. We got perfect vision now.”

Benny commented, “It is fun not having to wear glasses.”

Janet stated, “And if you are wondering, Rock. None of us are pregnant. Chang wants us to work for him. Which we have agreed to do so. After we were brainwashed. So, there is that so debate if we really decided to work for him, or not. Though, at this point. Either way, we are still going to work for him.”

“Also, Chang does not have a harem. And we are no part of one. None of us, not even Revy and the other girls, are having that kind of relationship with Chang. For all us, we have had a strictly platonic business relationship with our new boss.”

“So, if you think that is what he is planning for you. It isn't. He wants you for your mind. Not your body.”

Then Revy, in her usual crop top and blue denim cut-offs shorts, walked into the frame, from the left side of the screen, to stand next to Benny.

Revy also smiling like crazy, as she stated, “We are more than happy to have you back, lover boy.” She then licked her lips in an attempt to be seductive. But, to Rock, she came off as like a hungry feral predator. She then continued, “Even as a lover girl.”

Revy's comment, and body language for said comment, sent shivers down Rock's spine, as he began to get upset.

From the right side of the screen, Chang then walked behind the four women, to stand behind the middle of the group.

Chang had a wicked grin, that showed his teeth. He reached around, to place his right hand on Dutch's right shoulder, and his left hand on Revy's left shoulder.

Chang stated, in a sly tone of voice, “Now, that you know there is no hope of things ever going back the way they were. Why not you come join us? At least you will be with your friends and lover. If you do. I even promise to spare your new friends. You know I am a very negotiable kind of guy.”

All five then started laughing, as the screen faded to black.

There was a single title credit, after the video when to black. The credit stated that the directing, filming, script, and editing of the video was done by Lotton.

The video then stopped.

Rock emotional state was, to say the least, volatile at the moment. He was running through fear, revulsion, and rage, over and over, again.

Rock soberly thought, 'My life with the Lagoon Company, before all this reality mess started, was likely as close to paradise as I would ever come. And to be honest, I loved almost every minute of it. And Chang stole it all from me! Stolen my friends from me! Stolen Revy from me!'

Suddenly, his mind settle on rage. And Rock suddenly felt a level of rage erupt from within him than he had ever felt in his entire life.

Rock knocked the laptop to the floor, as he jumped out of bed.

Rock howled a loud roar, as he began tearing into the furniture and walls of the bedroom for the next five straight minutes.

But, as his rage slowly died down, his emotional state caused him to break down into tears. He eventually fell back onto his bed, exhausted, as cried himself to sleep, with him grieving for everything that had been taken from his life, and the lives of his friends.

To Be Continued.

(_)

Authors Notes:

Okay. I am sure some of you might be against me gender changing Benny and Dutch. Then, brainwashing them and Chang.

But, it is all part of a much greater plot.

Still, I made that doing these things are evil. And it was evil having to put Rock through all that in the end. After he had just watched and read his own Black Lagoon series. And then him having endure an emotional breakdown. From going into a rage, to crying himself to sleep.

But, this show that even Rock has his limit. And Chang just pushed Rock beyond his limits for civility.

(_)

If you want to see what Dutch, Benny, and Rock look like as woman, go see the anime Black Lagoon omake 4, Boys and Girls.

Don't just read the manga version, which is just black and white. The color anime version is far better and more fluid.

Even though, in that animated short, most of the characters are just gender-flipped. With them always having been that gender in that timeline, and not gender bender. Rock is the exception. The omake started with Rock, from the original Black Lagoon timeline as a man waking up in the body of her female counterpart, and then going on one of the best gender bending freakouts I have ever seen, while she meets all the other main characters having been gender-flipped.

The omake Boys and Girls is worth watching for a great laugh.

And for those that have a problem with me having some of the Black Lagoon character gender bending in this story. Keep in mind that it was the Black Lagoon creators that cracked open the door to using gender bending themes for their characters. Even if it was just a comedy short that was not part of canon.

Never give fans ideas. They might run with them using fanfiction as a medium.

I would love to see a continuation of the Black Lagoon omake four, Boys and Girls, about how Rock, from the canon timeline, deals with living as a girl in a gender-flipped world.

Of course, it should be played for laughs.

(_)

I liked how the scene with Rico and Revy turned out. And the scene allowed me to answer questions from both of them.

And while, I did not want to. I had to deal with having to discussing Revy's rape, which happened in the last episode of Roberta's Blood Trail, in the Black Lagoon series.

As a writer, this is a bombshell that I could not ignore. It would be poor writing to gloss over such a horrific event, for several reasons.

As such, I had to have Revy, and the others, such as Rock and Rico, address the event, so everyone in the story could move on from that event.

(_)

I also enjoyed writing the fight scene in the hotel. From the Ranma, Natsuru, Akira, and Fabiola, showing their stuff against the Hell Sabers. And showing they are no pushovers. Even with the Hell Sabers having powerarmor.

To the Hell Sabers deciding not to use their firearms, during the battle, to give them the challenge.

And finally, Megatron taking down all the Hell Sabers, and their motoslaves, in a matter of seconds. Proving there is a reason the Hell Sabers had to factor Megatron into their plans of attack. And how ignoring Megatron is a bad idea.

(_)

I love tinkering with story mechanics, and delving into the minds of the characters. It is just something I really enjoy.

And in some cases, you never know a good thing until it is gone.

One of the concepts of fanfiction that I miss. That has been discarded. Was when writers MSTed a fanfic.

While, I didn't care much for the Mystery Science Theater TV series. Though, when an fanfic author MSTed just right, I found it to be absolutely hilarious.

So, I took this idea here. Even though, this chapter is dark, I wanted to use the concept in a more serious tone.

While, some of you may find it annoying that I did this concept twice in this chapter. You need understand, I did it twice for a very important reason.

I wanted to do it from both a hero and villain standpoint. Where, as how would a hero react to watching his series after the fact. Such as Rock. And how would a villain react to watching her movies. Well, not really after the fact. But, Annie did see how things would turned out, if she had not been kidnapped, and rejuvenated.

And there reactions to what they did, what they did not know, and how they reacted, brings some real drama and character development to the story.

Now, in book one, Ranma saw his/her series. But, I had to gloss over that scene, because it would have dragged down the story.

But, in this chapter, I had the chapter to explore these concepts in greater details.

These concepts are similar to the, magic mirror gate, concept in the first Neverending Story movie.

To quote the character, Engywook, the gnomish scientist in the movie.

“Nonsense. You don't understand anything. The worst one is coming up next. The magic mirror gate. Atreyu must face his true self.”

“But kind people find they are cruel. Brave men discover they are really cowards. Confronted with their true selves most men run away screaming.”

Like the old saying about staring into the abyss, and having the abyss look back at you.

To my knowledge, until now, no one has explored the concept of characters seeing their own series. Or, reading their own series. In detail.

Now, some stories have come close to using these concepts. Such as a number of stories on the old FFML, Fanfiction mailing list, of the nineteen nineties. But, the writers there on touched on these ideas. They did not actually explore the ideas.

Until now, went it came to metaphysics in fanfiction, most of these stories with SI, self-insertions characters. And the writers only explored such metaphysical concepts from the self-insertion characters point of view. And not the point of view of the other fictional characters.

As such, in these stories, I am exploring these concepts, in detail.

(_)

On a side note. It make complete since, from curtain point of views, that Annie watching those movies would only cement her disgust for Yoda and Obiwan.

Annie, at a young age, as Anakin, she was taught to trust these two individuals, without question.

And due to the negligence and other actions of Yoda and Obiwan, Anakin ended up becoming Vader.

At the beginning of episode two, Obiwan told Anakin to ignore his vision about his mother. Due to following Obiwan's advice, Anakin's mother was murdered in a very painful way.

At the beginning of episode three, when Akakin has visions again, about someone else he cared for, Padme. He went to Yoda, and asked for Yoda's help. And Yoda refused to give him help. That is why Anakin went to Palpatine for help.

Later, in episode three, Obiwan tricked Padme, whom was pregnant, and he put her in the line of fire between him and Anakin. With the battle ending with Obiwan cutting off Anakin's left arm, both legs, and then letting him burn alive.

And to literally add insult to injury. Annie watched the original trilogy, and she found out Obiwan and Yoda planned for her children were to be raised and used as weapons against her, as Vader. In the same way the Jedi Council had decided to use Anakin against the Sith, in general. Proving that Yoda and Obiwan did not learn from their mistakes.

As Annie put it, she was doomed even before she began her force training.

Also, over the course of watching all six movies, Annie realized how evil she had been as Vader. And that if the original course of events had taken place, she would have not lived to make up for those actions.

Such a revelation could break a person. Going back to the, magic mirror gate, concept from the first Neverending Story movie.

Though, while this revelation did not break Annie. It did put thing in perspective for her, when it came to the life that she has left. Also, this realization caused her to become extremely upset and cry.

And soon after Annie began to cry, it fit so well to have Fabiola console her, and for Fabiola tell her about someone else that Fabiola knew.

(_)

Also, if you are wondering. The next chapter is very dark, and very short. That the next chapter is needed for the plot.

Until next time. Have fun.

up
53 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos