Bimbo Kisses, Lollipop Dreams: A Platinum Chef/ Delacroix side story Part VI

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 85

Faye couldn’t believe his luck.  Here he was, one gorgeous blonde riding his cock like the mechanical bull at the Mule Lip, while yet another was thrusting her throbbing moist pussy into his face…

…After getting the mother of all blowjobs. Not the evening I had planned, but not complaining. Bobbie was gonna be angry, but she’d get over it. Besides, it’s not like she didn’t owe her a little karma.

Besides, it looks like she’s totes enjoying it. As he came closer and closer to climax, thoughts became more jumbled and confused. When he finally came, his toes curled inward so hard that his feet started to cramp. His muffled moans were lost in the screams from both girls as all three of them gushed orgasmically together.

The last thing Faye saw was Timmi and Bobbie making out, fondling each other’s breasts.

 ***

Timmi is totes right, I do need to cut loose more.  It was a fleeting thought that careened through her head. She felt so deliciously dirty, being all naked and stuff while she made Faye eat her pussy. She giggled out loud as she luxuriated on the feeling of Timmi sucking on a nipple. When it suddenly stopped, Bobbie looked down in disappointment.

“Aww, he was fun as a boy.” Timmi looked and pointed for Bobbie to watch as Faye’s shimmery form changed into something else.

Something smaller.

And something blonder.

 ***

            Zoe was nursing a massive headache, which wasn’t so bad considering that she still remembered everything. Sneaking a look at the mirror and finalizing her suspicions only made her want to get up and use the ancient hangover cure…

Shower and coffee.

By the time she had scrubbed the sand and salt air away, the headache was more of an annoyance than a debilitating minefield of pain. Once the first few sips of coffee worked its way into her bloodstream she began to feel more human.

Thoughts of the previous day and night made her realize what the road not taken would have been. Zoe and Stacy Keebler, ruling the school. In some weird alternate universe, it was happening. Some of their imaginary adventures caused inadvertent laughter as she sipped her coffee two handed as she stared off into space.

Stacy entered the house looking like complete hell.

Zoe smiled as she stared at the living room.

The former cheerleader had thrown her purse onto the breakfast nook’s table.

“There still coffee?” Stacy barked.

Zoe couldn’t wipe the smile off of her face as she gestured with her black mug.

“Enjoy this time in your life…” Stacy said, a sneer playing over her face.

“It’s all downhill from here.”

“It doesn’t have to be.” Zoe said.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Cheating works.” Zoe gave the moment on unsuspected levity to Stacy, a small part of her wanting to still see…

The older girl burst out into laughter. “Now you sound like Zia. Y’know I told her, I’m kinda proud of you, you little squirt. Making it all on your own like that.”

“Didn’t wanna get stuck giving locker room handjobs.” Old Zoe returned with a snappy retort.

Stacy’s face changed, showing more tiredness. “Never mind.” She started to head to her room.

“Stace.” Zoe called.

“Sometimes I wish I went to that party with you. But I’m glad I did it on my own. Neither one of us is right, or wrong.”

“We’re just different, that’s all.” Zoe set down the nearly empty mug. “You’re gonna come to graduation, right?”

Zoe’s evil grin returned. “I mean I did have to sit through yours.”

“In a dress, no less.”

“I saw that you still have that initial block I made you in shop class.”

Stacy’s face fell. “You went in my room?”

Zoe’s nonchalance radiated. “Look, I wondered if you kept it, and…”

“Never mind, this is stupid.” Zoe finished.

“Zo.” Stacy called.

The younger girl turned, the nickname from when they were little.

“Look, I’m going through…life Right now. Maybe you did things the right way. I dunno. When Valentine socked me, well…”

“I heard about that. Gotta admit. I laughed.”

Stacy frowned.

“Someone knocked you off your high horse,” She thought for a moment. “Twice.”

Stacy smiled a similarly evil smile.

“If you’re gonna give me some this might make you a better person bullshit….”

“Good luck on your Econ final. Try not to be a bitch.”

“I’m tryin’ Ringo.” Stacy shook her head.

Zoe remembered when she first saw Pulp Fiction. It was with Stacy one night while their parents were out.  She nodded solemnly and left the room, school awaited.

And Zoe Keebler Never felt evil enough.

 ***

Bobbie woke up to see Timmi sleeping next to her, hair moving upwards with each exhalation. Her head hurt badly, and she felt disoriented. She made her way to the bathroom to find the door closed. As she reached for the knob, the door opened.

“Hi, Bobbie.” It was Timmi.

Timmi?

Bobbie looked back at the bedroom door.

“No silly, that’s Faye. I’m Timmi.” She pointed to the bright fuchsia streak. “Pink streak, remember?”

“Faye?” Bobbie asked, then with a flood tide made of bricks, she remembered the previous evening.

“Timmi, what do you…?”

Timmi laughed. “You were being the fun police again, so I kissed you.” The sweet smile just made Bobbie want to sweep her into her…

Wait, what is this? Bobbie was recognizing the yearnings of the Thrall infected body

Bobbie felt the bottom drop out of her stomach, as if on cue she remembered parts of the previous evening.

You look like Tim. She had said, then the memories of the previous night’s carnal activities all came into sharp focus.

Kissing Faye

Kissing Timmi,

Faye’s tongue.

Faye’s…

“Oh, come on. I know that wasn’t your first blowjob.” Timmi giggled. “They can be so fun.”

Bobbie forgot about the bathroom and ran back to the bedroom. Gently, she shook Faye awake.

“No, mom. I don’t wanna go to school.”

Her eyes fluttered open, then widened. “Oh, hi Bobbie.”

“Faye?” She asked. “What happened.”

“Oh.” Faye cheerily began. “I dunno.” She pouted.

“I was liking being a boy again. But this is totes okay… I’m so pretty.” Faye said, looking into a mirror and pulling at her new mane of hair.

Bobbie stood there gobsmacked.

Timmi re entered the room drying off her hair.

“Faye’s pretty like us now. It’s really weird, you know? You didn’t get blonder, It was … wait a minute.” Timmi let the towel around her breasts drop, leaving her naked and Faye tittering.

“Wow, I’m like really hot.” Faye said, her voice just as small and cute as Timmi’s now. Neither voice had that slight deep undertone that Faye’s voice carried.

Used to carry.

Timmi had retrieved her phone and after a few interactions, she had brought up the camera roll.

“See.” Timmi handed the phone to Bobbie.

Bobbie took the phone and stared. It was one of the many selfies that Timmi had snapped over the last few days. This one showed Faye’s Room, Faye, Timmi…

Bobbie barely recognized herself. The reverse ombre in her hair was the first clue, the sparkling amber eyes, the second.

But Faye’s dick in her hand, well, that was the final proof.

“See? When you let go, it’s much more fun.”

“Yeah.” Faye agreed, “You were really good at that.” She giggled airheadedly.

“I got a blowjob.” Faye kept laughing, Timmi started laughing, too.

This will get out of hand?

It already has.

Once she got into the bathroom, Bobbie inspected herself. The dark ends of the hair persisted, as did the amber eye color. The swell of her breasts was slightly more pronounced, as were the curves of her hips. Turning to inspect her backside, she saw the one thing she truly did not want to see.

It was a Mark. Lust’s calling card sat low on one hip. Unlike Faye’s and Kim’s, this one was blue, the same blue that adorned her hair.

What’s going on now? Shrugging, she realized that making a big deal out of it would be unwise. Just get to the bakery and get through today.

She made the decision to go and see Roxx tonight, before anything else happened. Flashes of the previous night reminded her that it already had. Bobbie reminded herself to gargle twice as long today. She wanted to be mad at Timmi, but couldn’t. Last night when confronting her, the uncharacteristic outburst of anger made her realize that she had been taking being an Advocate too far.

Everyone always told her to take some time for herself, and every time it had been just what the doctor ordered.

Timmi, through all her blonde ditziness, had hit the nail on the thumb.

Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy.

Finishing up in the shower, Bobbie reflected on everything. Obviously, they were going to go see Roxx. Especially now that everything is different.

Again.

“I guess I’m opening the bakery.”

Again.

 ***

Faye couldn’t wait for Bobbie to leave. She could already picture blowing off school and hitting the mall with Timmi. No matter what happened, they had fun together.

“Well, I’ll see you two in a bit.” Bobbie said, the clothes she had on barely hid the new enhancements to her curves. “Please stay out of trouble.”

“But.” Faye said. “Trouble is the only thing that fits.” A sarcastic pout punctuated the end of the sentence.

Bobbie wanted to laugh, but the seriousness of the moment prevented it.

Once Bobbie was out the door, Timmi watched Faye count to five slowly on her fingers. She got up and ran to the kitchen window and looked both ways.

“Okay. She’s gone.” Faye’s smile lit up the room. “We are gonna have so. Much. Fun. Get dressed, were going to the mall.”

Timmi hopped a little and clapped, she loved the mall.

 ***

Bobbie stared at the EVO keys in her hand. She felt bad for taking them, but Timmi had proved uncorralable. And now that Faye was acting like Timmi, and Tim’s body now looked like this new Faye… She gripped the keys in her hand so hard it cut into her palms.

The foreboding feeling on knowing that she was going to have to deal with Roxx later didn’t make things any better.

And the guilt from taking Faye’s keys burned behind all the other confusions.

By the time she reached Cheepskates, Bobbie was completely on autopilot. Opening doors, filling cases, and booting up the computer. The day started simply and ended the same way, Bobbie filled out the paperwork that ended the day and left, hoping to get home quickly.

Can this day just be over already?

 ***

“Oh… they’re gone. I can’t find them anywhere.” Faye was naked and searching for her keys. Timmi decided to start looking as well, and she decided that naked would be the way to go.

Even if she had no idea what she was looking for.

Two naked blondes ran around the apartment upending things and tearing cushions off of the couch, hoping to find the Talisman of Freedom.

“I’m such a ditz.” Faye said, suddenly brightening. “I have a spare one.” She giggled. “We should get dressed.”

“What were we looking for anyway?” Timmi asked blankly.

 Timmi and Faye took turns getting each other ready. Timmi was bummed that she couldn’t send sexy pictures to Faye anymore, now that she wasn’t a boy, but pretty like Timmi was.

Well, since she’s right here, it’s not so bad.

Don’t get to call him silly boy anymore…

…her…

Before…

Thoughts beat against each other while Faye painted, sprayed, and dressed. Thoughts that confused parted as if commanded by Moses while Timmi thought about walking around the mall.

 ***

“You’re gonna have to take that hat off in my class.” Ms. Harnitchek said. “It’s a great look, but.”

“I can’t. This thing is held on with like seventeen bobbie pins. By the time I get it out, class will be over.” Kim lifted the green veil. “Close enough? I have a thing today. Only reason I’m wearing it.” Kim was tired of this already. Third period, and I’ve explained this three times.

Ms. Harnitchek sighed. “Fine, just don’t wear it again.”

“You won’t see it again all year.”

“Yeah,” Came a snicker from the back. “All three weeks of it.”

The interaction with the teacher made Kim ignore the phone as it vibrated in her purse.

 ***

The bus was hitting every red light on Delacroix Avenue, and Bobbie was getting impatient. She just wanted to get to the school, get her work and see Kim. When the school popped up over the horizon, she heaved a sigh of relief.

Strolling in through the front gate, she could see it was lunchtime, which made things easier. No sneaking into class midway through the lecture. Finding the Army at their table made her give thanks that one thing today had remained mercifully untouched.

“Damn, Bobbie.” Amber said. “What’s up with the hair? Looks good, but that blue streak?”

“That’s fuckin’ you.” Bella finished. “Yeah, no fuckin’  blue? That shit’s just weird, yo.” She smashed the empty chip bag and tucked it into her lunch bag.

Bobbie pulled at the dark ends and thought quickly. “Faye’s idea. Photo shoot for the bakery.” She shrugged. The lie came so easily, so naturally, that an odd discomfort began in her stomach only to fade as she thought of a quip.

Bella and Heather looked at her strangely.

“I’m gonna be the devil this time.” A dark smirk spread across her face. It felt good to say, good to let out something. Heather laughed so loudly that it spread to the rest of the table.

Bobbie sat and had lunch with the friends she had grown so close to. There was a bittersweet sadness as she thought that it all would end soon. Being out of school brought its own challenges, challenges that no one at that table had faced.

Yet.

Except Bobbie, and even she had to admit that the world beyond High School looked vastly different now than it had when she had been Robb.

In fact, the whole school experience was so different as to be unrecognizable. Everything she had gone through since returning to the place that held so many bad memories had replaced them with good ones. Granted, being groped at the Spring Musical wasn’t a high point.

A thrill shivered through her body as she thought about it, about how she felt in Tim’s arms, wearing his jacket. I guess that even that had its moments.

The thoughts of foreign hands on her body returned her thoughts to the mark on her hip.

Wonder what that means.

With lunches finished and trash discarded, Kim and Bobbie went to the bathroom.

Kim had the cigarette in the holder faster than Bobbie had noticed. She raised an eyebrow.

“What?” Kim asked, touching the flame to the tip. “Not setting this veil on fire. Heather’ll kill me.”

Bobbie laughed nervously as the smell hit her like a ton of bricks. She grabbed the long stem from Kim and inhaled hard on the empty end.

“What the?”

Bobbie exhaled slowly, she did not cough. Her practiced motions came back from memory, the nicotine flooded her head as she leaned heavily on the sink. She contemplated taking another drag.

“No.” She said aloud, returning the holder to Kim.

“Faye isn’t Tim anymore. Hell, I’m not sure if anyone is.”

“Huh?” Kim dragged on the cigarette.

“Last night, Timmi kissed me and…

“Ah, so that’s what happened. Hair’s cute.”

“But totally not you.”

“Thanks.” Bobbie frowned. “It gets worse.”

Kim heard the phone buzz in her purse.

“Shit, that’s been going off all day, always in class.” She retrieved the device and turned it to the mail.

“It’s Timmi. Standing next to a mirror, I guess.” She turned the phone around.

“Fuck.” Bobbie said through gritted teeth. She kicked at the wall, cracking a tile. “That’s no mirror.”

“That’s Faye. We all sort of…”

“Ewww, good god what is up with you guys, usually friends just fuck each other over, not fuck each other.”

“Yeah, well, now Faye’s body looks like that, and she’s ditzy as hell, too. We’re going to see Roxx tonight. And if she doesn’t wanna deal…. Then… then….”

Bobbie wanted to continue, but didn’t know what to say.

“C’mon.” She suddenly said. “We’re ditching.”

“Great.” Kim said, pulling the butt out of the holder. “Now you wanna ditch? Couldn’t do it for a fun reason?”

“Fuck off, Kimster.” Bobbie smiled.

 Chapter 86

Timmi was studying the pink and chrome of the strappy boots she wore. She felt sorry for Rach, she made the poor girl sit out here while she laid down in the other room and let Trench do his work.

She stared at her phone and tried to get arrested by exceeding the Selfies Per Hour limit. When Faye finally came out of the back she squealed as she saw Timmi.

“Twinsies!!” Faye exclaimed, pointing at her identical navel ring. Timmi burst out into laughter.

“And if you ever wanted those nipples pierced… Hell I’ll do it for free, you just have to let me take a picture… for my portfolio.”

“Uh-huh.” Faye giggled.

“You, too. Your sister says you do everything together.” Trench shrugged. The girl behind the counter looked sideways at her partner.

Both girls giggled.

“We’ll think about it.” Faye said, rocking her hips just a little bit extra as she sauntered away. Timmi matched her stride as they left.

“I’m hungry.” Timmi said.

Faye turned on that evil grin that promised more fun than could be handled.

“I know just what you need.”

 ***

I swear this is worse than science homework. Roxx stared at the tablet screen, there were so many tabs open that loading anything was taking too long. She was surprised that no one had started worshipping Google yet. It knew all, saw into your soul.

How Lust must hate the competition.

All the pieces were there, scattered across history and various accounts of those considered mad by their compatriots.

Magic. It was real, there was no doubt about that. It just seemed like it took too much effort. Why should Lust have all the fun?

The cigarette in her mouth was getting soggy at the filtered end, but lighting it seemed to be a problem what with the constant zooming in and out and refocusing at each new page. She wondered if maybe her eyes were going.

Maybe some sexy glasses?

The need for nicotine was increasing along with her knowledge of things arcane and lost. Forgetting for a moment about a lack of fire, she inhaled.

A glint of light forced her to refocus her eyes for a second as the tip of the cigarette glowed dimly at first, then fully lit. She coughed and set the tablet down. What just happened?

She studied the end for a moment before inhaling again.

She thought of Robb and that damn movie with the dumb truck driver and all those Chinese people.

…that’s how things always begin…

“Very small.”

Lust was wrong.

We should have waited longer.

Her eyes felt a little refreshed as she resigned herself to more time with the tablet.

Why did he have to be right all the time?

At least this time, the things she learned were applicable.

 ***

“Is there a model convention in town or something?” The guy at the purse kiosk asked Kim as they passed.

“Huh?”

“These twins came through here about two hours ago,” He whistled. “Now, you two... Just wondered.”

Kim shook her head. “Life is an occasion, dress accordingly.” The cashier guy laughed as Kim wiggled her way past. The yellow, polka-dotted dress along with the hat gave her the appearance of a sexy banana. Bobbie laughed at that image for a second as looked at a sparkly purse. Soon the hunt for the most dangerous of game began on their homefield advantage.

“You realize we’re looking for two blondes in the mall?” Kim quipped.

“Yeah. Could throw a cupcake and hit three.”

“Hey.” Kim got serious. “Friend took a cupcake to the chest.”

“He went home in three body bags.”

Bobbie looked puzzled as Kim started laughing.

“It’s a weekday, shouldn’t be too bad.”

“I hope you’re right.”

 ***

Timmi was looking at sunglasses while Faye was staring at the purses on the other side of the kiosk. The bored employee barely looked up from his magazine while the girls browsed.

“Timmi, lemme get a drink.” Faye came around and held out her hand for the large cherry lemonade that she held. Timmi took a final pull from the straw while staring at the employee. The magazine hit the ground as Timmi slowly ran her tongue along the length of the straw. Faye gave the straw a similar, loving lick as she accepted the beverage. The look on his face was somewhere between terror and delight. His white skin only magnified the expression.

Faye and Timmi tittered as they walked away together, making an exit that the employee wouldn’t soon forget.

 ***

“Kim, what are you doing?” Bobbie asked as Kim made her way into the Piercing Palace.

“I’ve been meaning to come here and you’re gonna let me do this. They’re still here. Besides, get those two away from the mall?” Kim snickered. “Good luck.”

Kim was at the counter, scanning their wares for a moment before selecting some spiral yellow acrylic ear stretchers.

“Gonna gauge the ears a little.” She explained. “When’s the last time you went shopping?”

“Back when I was…” Bobbie’s voice vanished slowly.

“…with…” She finished.

“Oh.” Kim fished her wallet from her purse. “Well, you should take this opportunity to relax.”

Bobbie caught her reflection in the mirror. The new Lust inspired design made her realize how fluid her style had been. She turned her head. Hmmm.

She looked at the case. “Excuse me. Can I get this one?”

“Yeah, sure.” The cashier put down her magazine. “You gonna need to get…”

“Yeah,” Bobbie smiled. Kim turned her head to reveal a puzzled expression.

“Hey. I can redesign myself, too.”               

“Besides, it’s really cute.” She envisioned the jewelry in her nose and allowed a thrilled giggle to escape her lips.

“Trench!”

 ***

“Oooh, this is pretty.” Faye was holding up a pair of the sheerest panties that Timmi had ever seen.

Wow, Faye’s so smart. Where does she find out about all this stuff?

She has been a girl a lot longer than you silly.

Timmi was awed by the world of colors that held the party dresses.

“I don’t think I have anything for Prom.” Timmi frowned. “I’ve been using your old stuff. Even the new stuff came from Rach.”

“That’s okay. I’ve got plenty of stuff that you can wear.”

“I’m such a clothes whore.”

Timmi stared at Faye shocked, then giggled mercilessly.

Faye thought about it for a second. “We could try stuff on, I could always use a new dress.”

Timmi quivered with delight and joined in a stereo giggle whose alternating soundwaves could have caused the heads of small animals to explode.

 ***

Bobbie said thanks and walked away from the Piercing Palace with some new hardware, while Kim proudly displayed the new jewelry that matched the bright yellow that was rapidly becoming her signature color.

“Love the nose ring, sis. Badass. Finally lightening up a little?”

Bobbie shrugged. “I don’t have to be good all the time.”

“C’mon. I need a drink.” Kim said, stopping at the food court. Retreiving a Limeade from the hot dog stand, Bobbie stared after the Cheesecake Factory.

“Could go for a margarita right about now.”

“Bobbie?”

She shook her head. “Yeah, but I’m not going to have one. That was a weird thought.” The mark was brought back to the fore.

“It’s weird.” Bobbie said, handing Kim the cup back. “It’s like this mark is… I don’t know….”

“Inert?”

Kim quirked a perfect eyebrow. They were scanning the stores on both sides of the mall. As expected, there were many false alarms and faulty starts.

“It’s like terrible ideas seem fun, but I still know that they’re terrible ideas.”

“And? Isn’t that what makes them fun?”

“God, you sound like Faye now.”

Kim smiled. “Thanks.”

“But, my want overtook the good sense. It’s not like that now. I bet I could have that drink.”

“But I won’t.” Bobbie said, getting serious.

“Well, good for you.”

“Whoever would have thought that …”

“EEEE.”

That ear-splitting shrill cry snapped Bobbie’s attention to her right.

“Stop your grinnin’” Bobbie said.

“And drop your linen? Find ‘em? Kim finished.

Bobbie pointed, and sure enough, there they were, wearing identical pink dresses.”

 ***

“Ohmigosh.” Timmi said. “It’s almost like looking at a mirror.”

“How in the world could you even make a statement that ditzy?” Faye laughed. “We’re identical.”

“Well, not indent…iden.” Timmi said, pointing out the pink streak that Faye had been absent.

“The same.”

“Yeah. I’m gonna have to do that again.” Faye regarded the strip of hair that, unlike Timmi’s was still blonde.

“Well then I’ll need a different dress.” Timmi spun and reached for one in the color that had come to be known as Bobbie Blue.

“Yeah.” Faye said, staring off into space and thinking of things that she had to do. She could not let Timmi be even the tiniest bit prettier than she was. With both of them standing in the same dress, it was incredibly difficult.

“One of us is gonna have to change.”

“Oh, great.” Timmi threw up her hands.

“What?”

“Here comes Bobbie Buzzkill.”

 ***

Gotta try something new here. Bobbie saw the stricken look in her face and grabbed a nearby dress that was hideous.

“Kim, look at this. It’s… it’s…”

“Awful.”

Kim laughed as she saw the zebra print in bright neon green. “Reminds me of that streak in your…”

“Faye. Timmi. Hey.” Bobbie plasticized her smile. “We were doing some shopping, and…”

“Oh, wow Bobbie.” Faye said. “You pierced your nose? Cool.”

“I…” Timmi stammered. “You’re not mad, wanna take us back home?”

“No.” Bobbie lied comfortably. “Just came to get this and look at stuff. We’re going out tonight, and just wanted a little break.”

“She’s lying.” Faye said. “I know you.” She pointed.

“Then why did I get this?” Bobbie thought fast and pointed at the dull pain in her nose that was slowly giving way to an itch.

“Yeah.” Faye asked, turning to Timmi. “Why did she. Isn’t she too much of a goody goody for that?”

“Yeah, she doesn’t dress all sexy like we do.” Timmi shimmied in place.

“Actually.” Bobbie saw a black microminiskirt in the back over Faye’s shoulder. She pushed past them and retrieved the garment. Assuring herself of its size, she grabbed a long sleeved half shirt and asked for a fitting room.

“What gives?” Faye asked Kim, who was happy for the twins color coding.

Kim shrugged.

“Toldja the kiss was funny with her.” Timmi batted at Faye’s shoulder. “Maybe it just made her really cool?”

“Maybe.” Faye said. Timmi put up a fist, Faye looked puzzled.

“Sisfist?”

Faye laughed. “That sounds wrong, but…” She bumped Timmi’s fist with her own.

“I’ll take it.”

 ***

Bobbie was looking at the outfit she threw together to give credence to the lie. But damn.

The outfit was what Robb would have called ‘appropriately slutty’. The skirt was so short she could see that nothing was left to the imagination.

She’s got legs… Bobbie looked downward. She did indeed have legs. The hugging of the top brought her breasts together tantalizingly, The dark ends of her hair contrasting with the white top. Bobbie thought of a pair of jeans that would be sacrificed soon for Summer.

Daisy Duke anyone?

She knew all these thoughts had to be the Mark, but it was like she had so much more control. A nose ring and some slutty clothes was a far cry from fucking everyone.

 ***

“EEEE!” Timmi squealed when Bobbie came back out. “Oh. My. Gee. That looks soooooo good on you. Are you gonna wear that tonight? Huh? Cuz that is totes totes adorbs.”

Faye giggled. “We’ll make a bad girl out of you yet. Ooh, let’s find her a boy to make out with.”

Timmi pouted, “But… she’s…..”

“It’s okay. We can try that later when we go out. I’m sure you’ll love it.” Bobbie said as she headed over to the shoes.

 ***

Bobbie was being so cool, Faye was there, and Kim was being all laughy with those cool circly earrings. The brush of the tuile and taffeta, pleather and vinyl against her skin made her feel high, tingly. A dizziness and confusion spun through her pleasantly. There was lemonade and corn dogs, and so so many dresses. Boys stared, her friends laughed with her. Timmi wished that the day could go on forever.

Kim was crunching her way through a large filet of fish drenched in malt vinegar while Faye and Timmi inspected their haul.

“Wow today was fun.” Timmi exclaimed, snapping a selfie of herself erotically studying a similar piece of fish, while Faye used the fries to out selfie Timmi. “See? When we hang out it’s always fun, instead of you trying to get me home.”

“Yeah.” Bobbie smiled, sprinkling vinegar on her fries. “It was fun. We should be getting back though. Need to get ready for our big night out.”

Timmi and Faye squealed. “Are we going to the club?” Timmi turned to Faye.

“I bet we’re going to the club.”

Bobbie snickered while she sipped at her root beer.

“So, what’s the plan?”

“For tonight?” Kim said, setting her fish down and wiping her hands gently on the napkin. “We just go. The Thompson Twins at the door are supposed to let us in.”

“We better get a move on, bus takes a while.”

“Oh, that.” Faye flopped her hand forward and showed complete disinterest.

“I have the car, had to use the spare key. Silly me, can’t find the keys.”

Bobbie  cursed herself inwardly for not thinking about that.

“Well, wanna go home and get ready? We might be gone a long time.”

“Ooh, Faye.” Timmi said. “Do you wanna wear these boots tonight?”

“Yeah.” Faye brightened. “And you can wear that other skirt, the one with the pink squares.”

Bobbie suddenly wondered if their life would be so bad. So little expected of them…

She shook the thought out of her head violently as she got up. Looking down, she was surprised that she had forgotten wearing out the new tiny skirt and top. It didn’t bother her.

And looking around, Bobbie noticed that she didn’t care that anyone was staring. Hell, they’ve seen it already, right?

Faye and Timmi led the way out of the mall with arms full of handled bags with Bobbie and Kim in tow.

“You think this is all gonna go smoothly?”

“I fuckin’ hope so, Kimster.”

“I really fuckin’ hope so.”

 ***

Rach was home, sitting in her room. Things weren’t right without Faye around. Boy, girl, ditz whatever. The picture in her hand just kept one wistful memory playing after another. She stared after the picture of them at Fresh.

Things were just simpler then, when magic only caused one thing in her life, and it had been good.

If  whatever it was that made Faye who she is now was messing with her again, then Rach would just have to deal with it.

No matter what happens…

I do love her.

Even if she is a handful.

Rach had gotten out the photo album she had started when they got together. Pictures of them showing an evolution of their relationship.

…the first time Rach had convinced Faye to put on some damn girl clothes….

…that ski trip with Zoe…

…walking the bike back from the mall as the sun went down…

…the Steak Diane…

A moist film began to coat her eyes. First the ‘was a boy’ thing, then all this madness when Bobbie was taking over for Faye. Yeah, she had seen that Faye was acting funny… chicken and waffles? How high were we?

Then that whole… airhead magic? Whatever it was, it had scared her a little, just turning into someone else like that. She hoped that Bobbie was right. Still have a bone to pick with her. Not telling her wasn’t right, just let her go on and do whatever she wanted.

Although, she was kind of fun.

There was a humming, and a warm dimness that overtook her as she drifted off, wishing that things could be back to normal. She was looking forward to getting Faye to the beach so everyone could be jealous of her girlfriend.

Suddenly there was a repeating squeak. It wasn’t coming from the hall, in fact it wasn’t even her hallway. Her hallway wasn’t even her hallway.

What in the hell is going on? Tiptoeing down the strange hallway, she  opened a door that was remarkably clean, not a single fingerprint.

A trail of long blonde hair  sat with her back to the door.

“Hello. You are probably wondering where you are?”  She knew that voice, Faye’s friend…

“Bobbie? What’s.”

The woman chuckled. Rach moved around the room to see what was happening.

The pottery wheel was moving.

“I am not Bobbie, I understand your problems. The one called Faye is not quite what she used to be?”

Rach’s face crumpled. “Who…”

The pottery wheel stopped abruptly, the blonde woman turned her unearthly blue eyes. She  removed a bland figure from the center of the wheel. It was a blue mass reminiscent of a certain spokescreature made of dough.

But it was blue, the blue of smurfs and a clear, beautiful sky.

“Your love for Faye is what brings me to you. I see that you truly do love her.”

“Who the hell are you? And what is all this cryptic crap? Just talk. If this is some more magic shit, then I’ll… I’ll….”

“I am Justice. You mentioned Bobbie? She is my advocate. If you know her, then you know what she does, yes?”

“What she does? Bake? She did a different kind of baking when we hung out.”

“I know all about that. It was my doing, but it had to be done. I am here to speak to you about another matter.”

“What? If you are what you look like, some timeless, ageless…” She waved her hands around. “Whatever it is you are, then what do you need with me? Or Bobbie for that matter?”

“She is my Advocate, she merely tries to maintain balance, you have seen what she does to those around her.”

“You are to help her. It is the only way to keep Faye. Things have begun moving now, things I could not have suspected. Bobbie’s talents are far more passive than are needed.”

“Then level her up.” She had heard the occasional bit of videogame speak from Faye in their time together.

“It is not that simple. You can help in ways only you can.”

“It is also the only way to help Faye. I quite liked her as she was, it would be a shame to have her  finally become fully enthralled.”

Rach sighed heavily. “Goddamit.” She rolled her eyes. “What do you need from me?”

Justice shrugged and handed over the blue figurine. “Bobbie can explain it all to you, she will have the time.”

“What is this for?” Rach asked impatiently.

Justice chuckled as the room brightened with a warm glow. “You will understand soon. You merely have to be Faye’s girlfriend. Since you love her, I need not ask much. You can keep an eye on her matron.”

“Matron?”

“Yes, another like me, one called Lust. Faye can explain better than I can. I will leave you to wake. Some things will be different, but I am sure you can handle it.” She smiled. “Seek out Bobbie, and all will be well.”

“We will speak again. Work to your strengths, and your love for Faye will see you through.”

“Sleep.”

Rach opened her mouth to speak, but it became a yawn. The yawn made her eyelids heavy and she sat heavily on the floor…

…and dozed off.

 ***

“C’mon, Faye. You’ve been in there for almost an hour.” Timmi was knocking on the door, desperate to get pretty for what promised to be a rad night out.

Faye finally opened the door and surprised Timmi with a pink streak of her own.

“EEEE!! Faye, that came out great. It’s just like mine.” She giggled.

“Twinsies.”

“C’mon, let’s go put ourselves together.”

The bedroom was a jumble of clothing of many styles and colors. Timmi was so excited that for a second, she forgot what she was doing.

Luckily Faye didn’t.

“This one. Definitely this one.” Faye tossed Timmi a skirt and tiny top.

“I’m going to wear this one.” The skirt was similar, yet shorter, the top had purple accents around the shoulder.”

Timmi was wiggling into the skirt, as was Faye.

“I think we just invented a new dance.”

“Yeah,” Faye said. “Must look totes weird without the music.” She decided to remedy that by hitting play on her phone’s music screen. When the dubstep began, both girls looked into each other’s eyes.”

“I love this song.” The sound of their combined voices was the latest single from Bombastic Ditz. Two identical girls shook themselves around the room, stretching clothing over their voluptuous bodies

 ***

When the dubstep started, Kim laughed as she sprayed her left victory roll. Using the mirror, she assured herself that the ‘not a hair out of place’ aesthetic was uniform.

“So, what are we gonna do, just roll up on ‘em?” Kim asked while she worked on the touchups that her face seemed to constantly require now.

“Pretty much.” Bobbie said. “Club’ll be open, so there’s going to be people, We’ll just have to … ugh…. See what she wants.”

“I wouldn’t worry about that too much. What can she possibly get from you? Discount prices on petit fors?” Kim snapped the mirror shut. “She’s running that club, and from the looks of things, she’s dealing out the back.”

“Yeah, but she said she wants something in return? That’s one girl I don’t want to owe anything to.”

“There’s four of us.” Kim looked down the hallway. “Okay, three. Together they make one good one.” Timmi and Faye giggled mirthfully.

“I still don’t have to like it. How are you so calm?”

“What, Roxx?” Kim waved the thought away. “What’s she gonna do to me that she hasn’t already?” She raised a small fist.

“I’ll just have to kick her ass.” The gesture looked out of place on Kim now. Bobbie only knew it from seeing her before blossoming into the young lady she was now.

“And if I chip a nail…” Kim said through gritted teeth.

Bobbie laughed harder. “Kimster….”

“I’m keeping that, you know? Gotta have a model name…” She raised her hands as if envisioning an invisible marquee.

“Kimster Dragstrip. Chic, eh?”

Bobbie smiled, one side of her face curling higher than the other. “Kim, with all this going on…” Bobbie moved her other hand in a wide circle. “I’m really proud of you. You’re taking all of this really well.” She looked down. “I didn’t handle it very well at all. I…”

“I’m glad you’re my sister. I just wish that Robb hadn’t...”

Kim laughed through her nose. “Good or bad, all of it is what made me what I am now.”

“Even Roxx. It’s not a finish line, just a long, scenic drive.” Kim picked up the large yellow hair flower she had taken to wearing and affixed it to the recently sprayed roll.

Damn, this girl’s an old soul. “I swear you guys are gonna rule the world.” She looked down the hall as Faye and Timmi emerged from the bedroom.

Somewhere a country of strippers are missing their Queens. Bobbie looked at everyone in the room. Yep, we’re definitely going to a strip club. Then she looked down at herself, the revealing outfit that she was wearing

Skirt’s so short you can read my mind. Her tiny navel stood out as if the Eye of Sauron, demanding that one stare. The tight top clung to her luscious upper curves before enveloping her slender arms and ending at her wrists.

“Bobbie.” Kim said, putting the final polish on the roll on her right.  “Clothes are right. Makeup’s wrong. C’mere.” She beckoned, digging out the makeup out of her purse quick as a bunny, her tools and implements of destruction in her skilled hands. “You’ve got the look, but no edges. Like a preppy girl trying to party on the wrong side of the tracks. This lipstick is all wrong, and… Go wash your face.”

“I’ve got this.”

Bobbie resigned herself to Kim’s words.

While washing the old makeup off, Bobbie looked into the mirror. The amber eyes staring back at her made her wonder what would happen with Roxx.

Please let this be easy.

“Nothing worth having ever is.” Justice’s words came back to bite her on the ass.

Satisfied she had the makeup off, Bobbie reentered the living room to let Kim do her thing. Bobbie was surprised at how quickly Kim had educated herself in the ways of cosmetic artistry. I bet it’s like how I picked up the cooking.

Timmi turned to Faye. “We’ve gotta do something about her hair. Now that doesn’t seem to match.”

Faye tilted her head. “I’ll grab the curling iron. Jeez, Bobbie, this whole night out is your idea. You’d think that you’d wanna get prettier than us.”

“Or try anyway.” Kim said, using the small brush on Bobbie’s lips. “Hold still.” Kim took an eyebrow pencil and darkened the mark on her upper lip. “Beauty mark’s cute. Gives you some depth.”

Bobbie felt a comb in her hair. “Nothing too big, guys. Okay?”

“Oh, no.” Timmi said. “Not with this. Sleek and sexy.” She giggled.

Whatever that means.

 ***

Beth still was trying the anti scar treatment she had bought. Even now, after a month, the mark left from the injury she sustained had not faded one bit. She wasn’t  self-conscious about it as much as just wishing that the skin of her legs could be unblemished again.

Like with most idle times, she was thinking about the task of making all of the fondant figures. She was a little nervous. But if Bobbie said she could do it, then she could.

With the end of the year coming up, she wondered what the Summer would hold for her and Steve. Beth had never had a boyfriend before, and he was so sweet. She felt the oil from the treatment soak into the affected skin, hoping it would show results soon, Summer meant skirts, and Beth wanted her legs to look good. She wasn’t mad at Kim, Beth was happy that she got better. The way things were going with Kim’s mom and her dad seemed to be going along well. Thoughts of having a sister and a whole family for the first time made her think that the scar was a small price to pay.

But, she still wanted it gone. Any discount will do.

She went to bed early that night. Bobbie had told her that they were taking a night off, which was fine with her. She needed to study for finals. What good would having a boyfriend be if she was stuck in Summer school?

Y’know? Beth thought as she pulled the covers over herself.

If it’s just a scar, I can live with it. The rest of my life is worth it.

Beth drifted off with a smile, thinking about this new family she had chosen, and how lucky she was to have them.

Life is beautiful.

 ***

Timmi was checking her makeup in the EVO’s mirrors, knowing that the angle at which she was bent gave anyone behind her one hell of a show. The other side was no different, with Faye performing a similar action.

“Yeah, baby. Gonna show it all later?” A catcaller strolled by and entered Vesuvius. The thrumming beat loudened for just a moment as the door swung open and closed.

Bobbie borrowed Kim’s mirror and checked her lipstick. The bluish red color made her lips stand out, contrasting with the amber of her eyes, and popping out against the darkening ends of the wide, curly ponytail that terminated in a flat clip that secured the slicked down and sculpted sides with the sharp, dramatic zig zag part. The darkened dot on her lip was, well…

The rug that ties the room together. So, this is what I would look like as a Thrall. She shook her head. Not worth it, I like who I am more now than ever.

Now, let’s go get Tim back. Bobbie was worried. What if he couldn’t be changed back? What if they really were stuck with Timmi? How could anyone explain it to Myka? Walking in a close group, the foursome got to the door, Timmi and Faye were full of unbridled energy as they waited for the door to open. Two massive slabs of muscle stood at the door Bobbie and Kim recognized Mikhail and Kostya from their previous visit.

Bobbie smiled sexily. “Preevyet, Mikhail. Here to see Roxx? You remember me, don’t you?”

“Da.” Mikhail’s face was stonily unmoved. He stepped back and allowed the girls entrance.

Kim had her fake ID out, as did Faye.

“Oh.” Faye said loudly. “You forgot yours didn’t you, sis?” She looked up. “We’re twins. Same birthday and everything.”

The other man, Kostya grunted and waved everyone through. Obviously, Roxx had left word to allow her entrance. Now, she was nervous. It was one thing to be trapped in Melanie’s web, another to walk in willingly.

Now that she was Roxx, Vesuvius was a literal web that threatened to trap them all. She knew she had to be careful. Especially since she was at the disadvantage here. The music was inviting and the smells of alcohol and frat boy sweat. A faint odor of tobacco proved to Bobbie that she didn’t care about that particular law, but hey, it was also a bar. Law enforcement always seemed to turn a blind eye to that one.

Mikhail led them to the booth where Roxx sat. Her outfit was different, a long puffy skirt with a cleavage enhancing corset top in a deep purple. A Lolita hat sat off the side of her head at a jaunty angle.

“Roxx.” Mikhail said. The hat swiveled as Roxx turned to look.

“Robb.” She said. “You brought the whole fam damily didn’t you? Hi, Kim. New look is just so you. Don’t mind Nikki here, he’s just… protection.”

“Thanks.” Kim said dryly.

“I see you brought Faye with you, and…” Roxx’s perfect left eyebrow raised.

“Who’s that?”

“That’s Tim.” Bobbie growled.

Roxx narrowed her eyes, now she saw the difference. There was a twisting, burrowing thread. It writhed like a dying grub caught behind the bark of a hungry tree. She stared at the new blonde girl, identical in every way. She let out a low whistle. “Someone up there must like me.”

“Nobody likes you, Roxx.” Bobbie said through gritted teeth. “We’re just here to…”

“I remember you,” Timmi giggled. “You have really nice hands.”

“What is it that you want?”

“Jesus Christ, Roxx. You sound like her.” Kim said.

“I just want you to watch, Kim’s going to do the… heavy lifting.”

“Sounds kinky.”

“Cut the shit, Mel.” Bobbie burst out. “You see this color shit better than any of us, and I see… something different. This shouldn’t take long, and you can go back to running your little…”

“Den of iniquity?” Roxx smiled.

What the hell?

“I’m starting to like studying, especially history. Ancient Rome won’t have shit on me when I’m done with this place.”

“Can we just get to it? I just want this to be over.” Bobbie said, rolling her eyes.

“Ah,ah… Patience. What I want is simple. I want her to dance.” Roxx pointed a slender finger at Faye.

Bobbie and Kim looked incredulous. That’s it?

“Oh, okay.” Faye suddenly brightened. “C’mon, Timmi.”

“Dance with me.”

Dance with me… Timmi remembered Faye saying that once.. before. While still stunned by the thought, Faye had grabbed Timmi’s wrist and led her away.

“Wait.” Roxx said. “I didn’t mean…” The man indicated as Nikki started to rise, Roxx’s hand on his wrist stopped him.

“N’yet.” It came out as a harsh bark, Nikki relaxed his hand.

Faye and Timmi had climbed up onto the stage, the pounding bass and began to move. The tipping rail suddenly became a beehive of activity. The way they danced together would have been considered porn…

If any of the tight, revealing clothes had yet been removed. Yet.

Roxx shrugged. “Now where were we? Ah, yes. Faye dances for me. Not even every night.”

And she can help me with some ‘special projects’. Roxx, ever the forward thinker saw the advantage of keeping another Thrall around. The money she saw back when she was dancing… well, some of it always made its way back to her.

Didn’t it?

“All so you can get your precious Tim back. I swear, why him? Oh,” Roxx snapped her fingers. “He’s like you used to be. Scared, just clinging onto whatever shitty little thing life grants you.”

“Like you, Mel?” Bobbie blurted. Roxx’s smile disappeared.

“It’s Roxx.”

“Yeah?” Bobbie returned the remark. “Not to me.”

“Well, looks like I get the sweet end of the deal.” Roxx looked at the stage.

 ***

Timmi felt the energy of the crowd, she thought the way everyone was looking at her was soooo yummy. The vibrations of the bass made her throb in all the right places. Faye shimmied over to Timmi and to move her hands so close to her that she could feel Faye’s prana.

“Come on.” Faye yelled over the music. “This is totes rad. Watch this.”

And with that, Faye’s top was a memory. Spinning and twirling, she made her way to the pole.

With a flourish, Faye had one leg up on the pole. Reaching for the uppermost ankle, her breasts bounced wildly as the crowd got louder.

Clueless, Timmi spun her way around the pole using a hooked leg for traction. Clearly Faye had far less abandon than Timmi. The way the colors of the patrons twisted and danced was like watching the lightshow from 2001 in reverse, flocks of colored specks joining in one place only to scatter and rejoin in another.

Movement and the beat became the only two things in her world. The moving colory stuff was just gravy.

Gravy…

Taking Faye’s cue, Timmi made her way to the pole on the opposite side of the stage. Soon Timmi was swinging and climbing like a pro.

Heehee, this is totes fun. Faye was always right about stuff. She’s so smart, like Bobbie.

Timmi was having so much fun, dancing with her friend and making all those silly boys jealous. Bobbie really knows how to plan a night out, this is so much fun.

 ***

Fuck making it rain, this is a fucking monsoon.

“Goddamn.” Kim said, “Look at ‘em go.”

The dancing was one of the most erotic things Bobbie had ever seen, and that was saying something.

Roxx was similarly impressed. “Oh, this is gonna work out nicely.” Roxx raised her hand. “Get you guys a drink?”

“Coke.” Kim said.

“Scotch, neat.” Bobbie said. The cigarette didn’t bother me, why not?

Roxx looked surprised. “Ooh, get on with your bad self. Old habits die hard?”

 ***

Timmi was starting to feel the colors wrap around her and Faye. It was starting to smell like cinnamon and strawberries, so close that they began to effect other senses. Heat, light, and sound became everything as Timmi shut her eyes from overstimulation.

Oh… uh…. Yemmm….. The bass was almost too much as she felt herself moisten. She had to take the top off. So hot, silly clothes. It felt awesome to feel the crowd’s intents wash over her as the drum machine played its endless beat into the well worn grooves that all the music of her world had worn on the stone tape of her mind.

She and Faye always had such a good time together. It was so cool to see other people having such a good time as well

 ***

When the drinks came, both Roxx and Kim stared at Bobbie while she took a drink. She exhaled sharply.

“Whew, been a while.” Bobbie bared her teeth as the amber fluid burned its way down her throat. The instant drunkenness didn’t happen, just as she suspected.

“Top shelf. That’s the 33. Enjoy.” Roxx said.

Bobbie stared at the amber fluid. Just to calm the nerves. She was thankful that whatever the kiss had done to her, it had allowed her small distractions like this. Losing Tim would be the most devastating thing she could imagine, and now was surely the wrong time for that.

The music began to die down as Timmi and Faye made their way to the opposing ends of the stage; meeting in the center for a moment, just long enough to share a brief kiss. Loud cheering and thunderous applause drowned out all but the loudest of catcalls. Their beaming smiles shone like beacons through the scruffy crowd.

When the two blondes made their way back to the booth they were talking in the manner of close friends.

“That was so fun.” Timmi exclaimed. Faye nodded agreement.

“Well, Faye. You’ll get to do it again.” Roxx said, smiling as she exhaled.

The girl that hadn’t spoken jumped and squealed.

“I’m Timmi, she’s Faye.” Timmi suddenly pouted, like she knew this would be the last time.

Roxx exhaled slowly. “Alright. Let’s get this over with.” As if commanded, Nikki rose. Bobbie could see the slight bump of his shoulder holster. Bile rose in her mouth, and she downed the last of her scotch to get rid of the bitter taste of semi-defeat.

As Roxx stood at the end of the booth, she flourished a hand.

“After you.”

 ***

There was still dust in the air from the day’s construction. Doors were missing from jambs and irregularly shaped pieces of wood were scattered along with dormant power tools. Bobbie could smell the sawdust and a faint whiff of gasoline.

“Here’s just as good a place as any.”

Bobbie grabbed an empty chair and wiped off the thick layer of wood shavings. “Timmi. C’mon, sit here.”

Timmi obliged meekly, all the joy from her face had gone. “Is it gonna hurt?” Bobbie felt sorry for her. She looked a little frightened.

Smiling, Bobbie looked at the girl and felt the anticipation of having her boyfriend back. “No, Timmi.” She put a hand on Timmi’s shoulder.

“It won’t hurt.” Bobbie felt a sting behind her eyes.

“I promise.” Bobbie looked at Timmi. What could be going through that head?

Roxx rolled her eyes. “You two are gonna make me sick.”

“Eat me, Roxx.” Bobbie harshly snapped.

“Anytime, anywhere. You must want this really bad.” Robb had always liked when she tried to use movie references. Now, it was just abrasive. Almost condescending.

Yeah, well you fucked her.

Ignoring her, Bobbie called to Kim. “Stand here, Me…Roxx. Stand there. Faye, keep to the other side, okay?”

“Okay.” Faye wiggled seductively around the chair’s back to take her position. “I don’t get it. What are we doing?”

“Wow.” Roxx said, pulling a cigarette out of a metal case. “She really doesn’t get it, does she?”

“Is this like all the stuff from when I was a boy?” Faye’s face told the tale of a girl, bored out of her mind.

“I thought that was Timmi?” Roxx’s mask slipped into confusion as she regarded Faye’s lack of color..”

“I am Timmi.” Timmi cocked her head, looking confused. Yellows and blues coalesced before moving on to become different shapes.

“Then why…?”

“Not important.” Bobbie snarled. “Kim.”

Kim moved toward Timmi. She smiled. “Don’t move, okay?”

“Okay.” Timmi’s voice quavered.

“Careful, Kim.” Bobbie was so scared of this moment. Being near Roxx wasn’t helping, Nikki and his gun kept the adrenaline flowing.

“He’s a part of me.”

Forced to stand still, Bobbie clapped her eyes shut for just a moment.

I must not fear, fear is the mind killer.

 ***

Kim was just as nervous even though she didn’t know about the gun. Tim’s life was in her hands.

Her life is in your hands, dude. Kim was nervous, one wrong move and they would be stuck with Timmi forever. She looked to Bobbie, then back to Timmi. She had known Tim just as long as Bobbie had, having been there that first day. Strange how they fell in together so quickly.

Can’t let that happen. The colors twisted and moved, writhing like living things. When Kim reached in for the tiny skein, it was like sticking her hand into a bowlful of centipedes. She winced, the low, buzzy feeling both forbodeing and jarring enough to not only set her teeth on edge…

But kept them there, almost rattling inside her head.

Her life is in your hands, dude. Tim could be stuck like this, I’d never be able to look at Bobbie in the eyes again. The thoughts of the bakery and everything just being… Over.

No. Kim decided. Lust may have dictated the terms, but Kim kept limits set.

This bullshit was not going to happen.

“Kim?”

Kim took a deep breath. “I’m fine. I think I can see the way out. Just a little to the right.” She began to move her hand slowly.

“Stop.” Bobbie said, panicked.

 ***

Come on, Justice. I know that I’m not exactly the paragon of virtue you’re expecting, but Tim has no skin in this long game. Bobbie planned  ahead, wondering what kind of cosmetology school Timmi would wind up attending. Of all of them, this has the least to do with him.

Bobbie could see the sharp angles of Timmi’s darknesses. She had to look really closely; unlike Tim, Timmi’s emotional scars could be measured by not finding the matching top she was looking for.

But there was a place where two of the fractals met up scant microns from Kim’s hands. It just didn’t look right.

“Can you go up or down a little?” Bobbie asked

“Maybe if I pull back,  there’s stuff in the way. I can…” Kim’s gritted teeth made the words sound strange as she slid the diminishing thread around in a seemingly listless pattern.

 ***

“Stop.” Roxx barked, suddenly transfixed. Well, this is turning out to be worth it as a learning experience alone. The things she was reading about… here they were. Playing out in front of her in glorious Technicolor.

She could see a million tiny futures in those colors, simulations of scenes to come rendered in splendorous shades. The way the tiny pieces of hued light wove and bisected each other reminded her of flocks of birds at play, bunching up in spots only to dissipate and build up in a new area in a completely different pattern.

She’s moving it through all of his futures. It sounded insane, but it made sense now. Like how she instinctively saw them before. Roxx watched Kim move the thread through a tunnel of futures.

When they swapped, the thread must have gone through the wrong ones…

… and it copied the one that did the moving. This just keeps getting better and better.

Looking closer, Roxx wanted to smile. She didn’t, lest she let her hand show.

Roxx always gets what she wants. There were so many possibilities, but one shined above all the others.

Lust was wrong, we should have waited longer.

Now who’s the impatient one? This particular future that she looked upon had all the hallmarks of elegant revenge, all while giving everyone what they want. And now this little twist, well…

All is forgiven, Robb. The smile she held back began to come forward. Your turn to feel my pain.

“No, not that way, circle back then up.”  Holding the smile back was getting harder. The gift that keeps on giving, right?”

Kim looked nervously at Bobbie…

 ***

Kim could feel the sweat starting to bead on her forehead. Roxx’s instruction left her full of trepidation, Bobbie nodded solemnly, the fear on her face just as prevalent. She followed Roxx’s instructions.  The tingly, live wire sensation began crawling up to her arm. The thread started to fizz in her hand. “Bobbie, don’t think we have a lot of time.”

“You’re doing fine, Kimster.” Bobbie said hurriedly.

“This is weird.” Kim said through gritted teeth. “Really weird, but I think we’re almost out and…”

“Not that way.”

 ***    

Bobbie saw another blockage coming up.

“Again?” Kim said, nervousness showing. “There’s… I mean… it’s wide open and…”

“Trust me, Kimster.” An odd calm crept into Bobbie’s voice.

Kim followed Bobbie’s cues. Why can’t it just be a blue wire? The thread’s fizzing was starting to become a bubbling. And not a pleasant bubbling, either. The centipedes were biting, or the thread was starting to boil. She could feel it shrinking in her hand, fading into nothingness with the last vestiges of Tim.

 ***

Roxx couldn’t believe this. There has to be more stuff like this out there. They have no idea what they’re doing. It’s only making this easier.

“She’s good, just a straight shot.” The smile finally started, free from it’s mental prison.

Oh, Bobbie, you just wait. The points of time that lined up in the spiraling miasmas of color were right.

“He’ll be fine.” Roxx said, stepping back.

Mostly. Except for one small thing.

 ***

Timmi started to feel strange, heavier. Things seemed less shiny, or cool. Vision was a little cloudy, and his mouth was dry.

Or pretty.

Pretty?

 ***

Bobbie felt a little bit like she’d been pulled through a taffy machine. Her laser like focus on Timmi was so sharp she didn’t notice her eyes lightening, nor the nearly white blonde hair flushing out the dark bits.

Or the blue Mark begin to fade.

Timmi started to disappear behind a dull glow, she could see it elongate and stretch. A sense of peace started to flow through Bobbie.

We did it.

 ***

Nikolai watched the proceedings with interest, as a boy his babushka had told him stories where things like this had happened. As he grew and saw things no one should see, he had decided that they were just that…

Stories.

There was a word for things like he was seeing now.

Magiya… Magic.

And there was a word for those that practiced it.

Ve’dma…Witch.

When the dull glow subsided, leaving an average looking boy where there was once a girl that would have easily been at home in this club, Nikolai wondered what else he would see, he hadn’t seen anything new in a long, long time. And for the first time, he was intrigued. His days in the GRU had shown him much, but nothing like this.

 ***

Timmi was kind of sad, like she knew she was going away. She was gonna miss Bobbie and Faye… and Faye.

And Rach…

And Zoe…

She had such a good time, everyone was so nice, but…

I’m here.  A voice said. A faint, male voice.

The time spent in the mall, on the back of Zoe’s bike.

Her date with Faye, hanging out with Bobbie and her friends. She always felt so at home with them. Even when Bobbie was so determined to keep her from having fun.

It was always out of love.

Love.

Timmi felt her head get lighter, along with her chest.

Everything got all fuzzy; but soon started to become colorful, yet dark. There was white, and black, and red, and yellow

And….

Shapes started to come into focus, along with a powerful thirst…

 ***

Tim felt his tongue stick to the sides of his mouth as brief wave of nausea passed over him. Rolling his eyes around slowly, as if coming off of a turbocharged carousel.

“Bobbie Blue?” He said thickly, focusing on her diamond blue irises.

“Tim!” Bobbie gushed, flinging herself forward, wrapping her arms around him. She held him so tightly.

Her body, his body…

Finally the right people. Tim felt warm against her.  He brought up his arms weakly, encircling her.

And cried.

“I still remember.” He croaked between sobs.

“It’s okay, Tim. It’s okay.” She ran a hand down the back of his head.

“But, but… I.” He moved his head back and looked around.

Roxx? Tim saw the dark construction site and finally registered the music. He knew where he was. “What…”

 ***

 Bobbie looked deep into Tim’s brown eyes. They were sad eyes, she could see that the memory of ‘Timmi’ was still there.

“I know.” Bobbie said, letting go and placing a hand gently on his face. “It’s not your fault.”

“I love you, Bobbie.”

“I love you too, Tim. You’re gonna be okay.” She raised her voice. “Right, Faye?”

“He looks silly in a skirt.” The slightly higher pitch of Faye’s voice hadn’t changed.

“Faye?” Bobbie’s voice quavered as she turned to see Faye.

Bobbie had expected Faye to be in a position to flip a table or two over, enraged by her own fashion choices.

But, instead, there she stood. All blonde hair and giggly demeanor.

“What?” Faye asked. “It’s true. It doesn’t fit him at all.”

“No.” Bobbie whispered. Her face became tight.

No.

Now, it was Bobbie’s turn to cry. She had been able to save Tim with a little help…

…from my friends.

“Not fair.” She sobbed into Tim’s shoulder.

“Not fucking fair.” Goddamit. To have come this far to get nearly everything…

            Bobbie and Tim holding each other. Tim in a state of confusion, Bobbie feeling that she had failed. Being in Tim’s arms was a small consolation.

            “Jesus. Get a room, you two.” Faye said, checking herself in a mirror. “So, Roxx wants me to dance, huh?”

            “Cool. The other girls are gonna be so jelly.”

 ***

Timmi was gone, which sucked noodles.  Just left with that boy. He was boring, but sweet. Maybe I can borrow him again. She wondered idly if she could find a cheerleader uniform somewhere.

“Next Saturday night good?” Faye asked Roxx.

Roxx took a moment to reboot her calm face.

Faye rolled her eyes. “To dance? Duh.”

“Oh.” Roxx said, Bobbie too ensconced in Tim to catch the redhead taken aback.

“Sure.”

Faye giggled. “Ooh, that’s gonna be totes fun.” She turned on a coquettish grin. “I’ve got a lot to do.”

 ***

Kim watched as Tim shimmered back into existence, she checked a laugh when she saw Tim wearing a bright pink skirt that was way too short. Seeing Bobbie and Tim together again made her feel good. Tim’s colors were confused, but Kim didn’t see anything wrong with that, after all, he’d just been pulled through a wringer.

But Faye?

She hadn’t changed, it looked like Blonde Faye was going to be sticking around a little while. Wondering if it was her that did something wrong…

Or was it Roxx?

Or was it Bobbie in her guidance of Kim’s hand?

Kim had no way to know, but she didn’t have to be happy about it.

“Bobbie.” Kim started. Bobbie turned her head, sniffling as she did so. “We should get out of here. This is as good as we’re gonna get. If I stay here any longer, I might consider a career on the pole.”

“First sensible thing you’ve said since…” Roxx began, pulling out another cigarette.

“Fuck you, Roxx.”

“Now, now.” Roxx said, putting the nicotine stick between her lips. “I’d be very nice to me.” Kim watched as she inhaled. The end of the cigarette flared to life and sustained a glow.

“I have been studying, and I have a feeling that after tonight.” She exhaled smoke slowly. “There’s so much more to learn…”

The tone of her voice gave Bobbie the willies. The willies made Bobbie take heed of Kim’s words. Kim’s words made her think of Tim.

And, standing there in Tim’s arms made her think of home.

Seeing the further evidence of magic, no matter how small filled everyone with a sense of dread.

One long, sharp inhalation later, Bobbie let rage take over. She turned and slapped Roxx, leaving a mark that matched her hair.

Nikolai had his Makarov out instantly, the hammer locked back with an ominous click.

“N’yet.” Roxx said. “N’yeh Strel’yaht. “ Turning her head, the smile slipped through. “Bobbie.” She inhaled on her cigarette. “If you wanted to touch me, all you had to do was ask.”

“Save it.” Bobbie snapped. Her face dissolved back into its resting nice face position. “Tim, you okay to walk?”

Tim nodded, finally looking down at himself. The top hung like something between a tent and a tarp. With the gargantuan breasts gone, the front flopped down strangely and uselessly. He rose, wincing against the draft on his legs that crept up into the super short skirt. His first step was an exercise in disaster as the six inch heeled boots hurt his feet at every possible angle. Bobbie had an arm around herself to keep him steady.

“Bobbie.” He croaked. “I…I…”

“I’m so sorry.” He started to cry again.

She squeezed him closer. “It’s okay. I’m just glad you’re here.” Her bright smile went a long way to make his darkness scatter somewhat.

He smiled back thinly. “I like the outfit… yours. I…” He looked down at the skirt.

“Need to cover up.” He began to blush.

“Later, let’s just get out of here.”

 ***

Kim eyed the scene keenly. She checked her face, it was a touch sweaty. But her seething rage for Roxx was hidden behind the makeup and hair. Gritting her teeth behind her lips, she got a look at Faye.

Faye, who was her key to understanding what she had become.

Faye, who had seen Kim for who she could be and wouldn’t let her just give in to Lust.

We’re not done yet, we can still fix this somehow.

Sis. Faye had been just as much of a sister to her as Bobbie had.

Kim looked to her sister, Bobbie’s eyes full of tears. Despite being unable to read her, Kim knew that this moment would haunt her for some time to come.

“We’re going home already?” Faye said, disappointed. “But we just got here.”

“Faye.” Bobbie began.

“Yeah.” Kim interrupted. “You already danced, Faye. Sounds like you ruined the night for the rest of the girls. You were way too good tonight.” She flashed a ‘shut up’ face to Bobbie.

“Yeah, Faye. We should go though. School tomorrow and all.” Bobbie looked back up to Tim’s face, happy to see it where it should be.

“I suppose.” Faye grabbed her purse and swayed her way to the stairwell. Kim followed with Bobbie and Tim behind.

“About that pastry order?” Roxx called.

“We’ll have it.” Bobbie gritted. “Two weeks on new standing orders.”

“Tim.” Roxx laughed. “You sure have the ass for that skirt.”

“F-fuck you, Roxx.” Tim weakly spat, wincing against the pain of the strappy boots.

 ***

The car ride home was oddly quiet. Kim riding shotgun while Bobbie held Tim’s hand and touched him reassuringly.

“Oh, damn.” Faye said. “I need gas. Can we just pull in here?”

Without waiting for an answer, Faye got out of the car and entered the gas station. When she re emerged from the building, she had two cups and a bag.

“Here.” She said to Tim. He accepted the cup thankfully and began to suck down the contents greedily. The cold beverage was too cold, causing instant brainfreeze, he shook his head violently. He recognized the drink.

Cherry Iced Sucky.

Looking inside the bag was some beef jerky and a small lollipop.

“Thanks.” Tim forced a smile, remembering what that care package had been like when the high heeled strappy boot was on the other foot. Faye smiled at him.

“You deserve it.” Faye said, bringing the sexy smile back. “Bobbie…”

“You take care of him. Wouldn’t want me to come in and sweep him off his feet.”

Bobbie smiled. “Not a problem.”

Faye was pumping the gas, Kim was checking her reflection.

“Never a problem…”

Bobbie moved in for a kiss.

“You’re a part of me, remember?”

 ***

Bobbie had managed to get Tim back up the stairs with no one watching. In his bedroom, he stripped off the feminine clothing.

 “I need to get in the shower.”

Tim regarded his girlfriend. Damn, she looked good, the blue streak in her hair playing against her features. The skirt and top were definitely a change from the blue floral prints and the low rise jeans.

But he liked it.

She moved close to him and nestled into that position that felt so familiar and comforting.

“I’m so happy that you’re you again.”

He laughed nervously. “Just in time for Prom?”

She joined the laugh.

“Does this weird stuff like this happen all the time with you?”

“Starting to think so.” She murmured, feeling him stiffen against her.

“My boner is so confused right now.” He whispered. “And the nose ring’s cute.” Tim tried to smile. Bobbie laughed as she looked up and kissed him, gripping him tightly. Faye would survive, she could take a back seat for just a moment. The triumph of getting in and out of Vesuvius with Tim instead of Timmi would just have to do.

It was the small victories.

She looked at her newly returned boyfriend, and just wondered what events this seemingly meaningless interlude would set in motion. It was ominous, sure.

But, it looked like she was getting a handle on it. And it looked like Tim was to be a willing accomplice.

Which was good.

Because she was going to need all the help and support she was going to get.

 

AttachmentSize
File bkldlast.rtf144.49 KB
up
24 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos