A Dog's Life: Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version
Chapter 3: Doggonit

It was really bright and fuzzy. I had just woken up. I stretched and yawned. Looking around, I could see I was at home. Was it all a dream?
I had an itch on my ear. I tried to scratch it, but for some reason, I couldn’t reach it. “What the heck.” My vision was finally not as blurry. I noticed something around my neck. It was a cone!
If it was a dream, why was there a cone on me. “Oh no! It's the cone of shame” I said. Of course no one could hear me. “What have they done to me?” I was freaking out. I walked around in circles. I couldn't see anything with this darn cone on me. Just white, white and more white. I could see in front of me, but that's it. “What were they expecting me to do, lick my balls?” I couldn't even see my balls. Well I guess that's the point. If I can't see my balls, I can't lick them.

Ralph must have told them I was licking myself down there and they were making sure I couldn’t do that. That has got to be it. I did find out that dogs think different from humans. Which is the weird part of being one.
“That stone I got from that old man, really works. I think and look like a dog. Everyone knows me as a dog. Well actually, Ralph knows who I really am. I am Andrew, a 14 year old boy.” Then it hit me again. “I am wearing a cone of shame. That means I went through some kind of surgery.” I had to think some more. “What do dogs go for surgery? I don't feel pain, so I didn't break anything. Do I have an eye infection? No, I can see just fine.” This doesn't make any sense. “Oh wait! I didn't get neutered did I?” I started panicking. “If I got neutered, I would become human and have no balls as well! I would never become a dad! 'Well maybe adopting...' But that's not the point!”

I had to get this cone off of me. I used all my legs to try to pull it off. It wouldn't budge. “This is so hopeless.” I lie down on the ground. Hours passed. Well actually a few minutes, but it felt like hours to a dog. Especially me as a dog. School wasn't even out yet. “What time was it?” I got up and walked over to the clock on the desk. It was to far in there, I couldn’t read it. This frustrated me.
I walked to the kitchen to see the clock on the stove. I jumped up on the stove to look at the time. It was blinking 12:00. “Great” I thought. “Did we get a power outage again?” There was another clock in moms bedroom that used batteries. I ran over to her door. “Oh Man!” the door was shut. “I am going to be bored wondering what time it really is” I walk over to the window jumped on the furniture. Yeah I know, dogs shouldn't jump on furniture. It's a big No No. But as I was saying I jumped up on the furniture and climbed over to the window and looked out. Sometimes the sun can tell me the time. “Dang it!” It was a cloudy day and the sun was behind the clouds. I get down from the window, but accidentally break moms favorite glass figurine with the side of the cone. For a small dog like me, I'm surprised I broke it.
I hear mom running into the room. She looked angry. “Bad Girl!” She yelled. “Get into the kennel?” She pointed toward my old bedroom. I hang my head low only able to stare at the floor while I walk to my old bedroom. Since I am not her child while I am a dog, I guess the room is the dog room. That's usually where Zelda goes anyways, in my room. I walk into the room and see a small wired cage in it. It's really weird. I never saw it there before. I walk in and lie down in it. I then saw mom lock the cage. While I lied there, I sigh. I am so bored. “Wait! Did she just call me a girl?” She must have thought I was Zelda. That made no sense. Can't she tell a boy dog from a girl dog. Especially since the boy dog has the cone of shame on him?

Time must have gone by a long time, because the next thing I knew, Karly was home from school. So now I knew what time it was. It's 3:30. Why so late? Well that's easy to explain. I know that she takes the bus. She goes to a different school than me. I'm in Middle School and she's in Elementary. She also has the first bus stop in the morning and the last in the afternoon. Which makes it a long day for her. I remember those days. I hated it. My school, (or should I say the school I was going to) is only a few blocks away from here.
I could hear Karly in the kitchen talking to mom. Not sure what they are saying, but I knew anytime she would be coming in here to see me. As I suspected a minute later, she walks in. In her hand was a leash. “Hi there Alyssa” She cooed. “Want to go out for a walk?”
I barked. I really needed to go pee. Wait, what did she call me?

Karly took me out of the cage and latched the leash on me. I ran to the door. I really needed to go pee. Wait didn't I already say that?
While walking down the road, and I started peeing. I was surprised that I didn't even lift my leg. Isn't that what boy dogs do? I was crouching down to pee. You know this sounds really freaky talking about me peeing. Let's change the subject. We were walking along when I noticed Ralph walking our way. “Hi Karly!: he says. “What's with the cone of shame on Andrew?”
“Oh she had surgery today?” Karly answered.
“She?” Ralph said with a surprised way of saying it. He looked at me a little closely.
“Did Andrew get a sex change?”
“What?” I whined.
“yes and I am so happy. When we sent her in to get neutered...” Karly began
“Neutered?” I whined some more.
“...mom decided to make her a girl doggy.” Karly gave me a pet. “By the way her names is Alyssa now and she'll be able to have puppies.” Karly sang.
“I will?” I looked up at Karly.
Ralph knew I was sad.
“When she is fully healed, mom is going to impregnate her. She knows this stud...”
I’m not sure how she knows all these words, but I wish she would stop.
“Would you mind if I took Andrew... I mean Alyssa with me for a little while. I would like to walk her.”
“It's fine with me. I have homework to do and then I am going to Brianna's house to play.”
She skips back home and I am with Ralph now.
“I can't believe you got a sex change Andrew,” Ralph said once she was out of sight.
“I can't either,” I cried. “And I am worried I am stuck this way even after I change back to human.”
“I don’t think it’s bad being a girl. I’m not really sure how it is to be one, but just give it a try. ” There was silence for a minute, while we walked. “Oh, and if you are a girl afterwards... would you be my girlfriend?
I looked up at him. “Seriously?”


When A Good Thing Goes Bad It's Not The End Of The World - Drake
up
97 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Looks Like Alyssa/ Andrew Is ..

jengrl's picture

for some interesting experiences. Sometimes you wonder what they're really thinking and how they really see you as their master or mistress. I'm really enjoying this different perspective. I've wondered what it would be like to experience life through the eyes of an animal . It would certainly change the minds of people who abuse animals if they could experience what their cruelty is like for the poor dog or cat they are abusing. I look forward to reading more of this story!

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

It would be funny if he did

It would be funny if he did change back and he was a she with all the girly bits still there and had to live the rest of his life as i girl ;3

Partial return?

I could see that when the spell "wears off" all of Andrew returns, but since his new gender happened AFTER the spell, that part stays. He/she keeps the "dog girlie parts". including going into " heat" every six months.

( https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/dog-care/estrus-or-heat

First estrus generally occurs when an unspayed female dog is between six and 24 months old. It tends to occur earlier for small-breed dogs and later for large-breed dogs. Although it varies with different breeds and individual dogs, an unspayed female usually goes into heat twice yearly, about every six months )

Thanks for the ideas

I always enjoy getting ideas from the readers.

name.png

Cute

Dahlia's picture

This is a cute story. Lesson 1, never take magic stones from old men you don't know. Lesson 2, never make wild and crazy wishes on said stones. Lesson 3, never count on reverting back to being the way you were originally, especially if you have had major surgical modifications in the mean time, when said magic wears off.
Thanks for the story and the imagination you put into it. It is very entertaining.

Dahlia