Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 2608

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike, est. 2007)
Part 2608
by Angharad

Copyright© 2015 Angharad

  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

This is a work of fiction any mention of real people, places or institutions is purely coincidental and does not imply that they are as suggested in the story.
@@@@@

Allie drove the Mondeo up to London to Charring Cross Hospital. Henry had texted to say he’d meet us there. I found it ironic that this was the main gender unit of the NHS and I’d never been here before. But then I rarely do things the same way as everyone else, I was definitely a goat not a sheep.

Trish had gone off to sleep on the back seat as soon as we entered the motorway and stayed that way until we got to the hospital. It was the same as any large hospital building, huge concourse with a reception and a series of lifts to various wards and departments. I enquired at reception for my daughter—she was as I expected in ICU. Allie stayed in the car with the somnolent Trish so it was a solitary Cameron who went in search of her injured daughter.

The nurse in charge was reluctant to let me see her. “I don’t believe you’re her mother—you’re only just older than her.”

“You know she’s a transgender woman?”

“So?” I suppose in this place is was no big deal.

“When I first met her she came to me for advice, she was a student and I was one of the teachers nominated to help with personal issues.”

“That doesn’t make you her mother.”

“She was still in boy mode then and one of my other daughters was a hairdresser beautician. She gave her a makeover. Sammi was overwhelmed as her own parents were unhelpful if not transphobic. She stayed the night and has been with us ever since. She sort of adopted me as her mother and I’ve tried to encourage her ever since. My husband got her a job with the bank and she loves it. Since then she’s finished her degree and started a doctorate.”

“You are down as her next of kin, remember that she may be unconscious but might still hear anything you say—so keep it positive. I’ll warn you now that she’s not a pretty sight.”

“Okay.”

“Are you sure you want to see her?”

I nodded. This was going to be heart rending and I hoped that her beautiful face wouldn’t be too damaged. Despite psyching myself up for what I might see, I was devastated to see the battered and bloodied body lying in the bed. Surrounded by machines monitoring her vital functions she looked like a piece of steak in human form. I was very nearly sick. If I hadn’t seen the name Samantha Cameron above her bed I’d not have recognised her.

I wiped away the tears and with the nurse’s approval sat beside her. Taking her hand in mine, I said, “Hello, darling, Mummy’s here—I’ve come to help you get better...”

An hour later I became aware that Henry was standing watching me with the nurse. I’d been so wrapped up in what I was doing that I hadn’t noticed they were there. Apparently, the blue light got rather intense at one point and Henry had to ask the nurse to let me continue undisturbed as it would help Sammi recover more quickly.

I staggered to my feet to hug my pa in law and while I did so the nurse was gasping. “Her readings are nearly normal and the bruising has decreased—it’s amazing. Who are you? The patients either side have improved dramatically too. What are you—some sort of angel?”

I looked her directly in the eye and said, “Yes I am, something wonderful has happened tonight but sadly you won’t remember what, will you?”

Her eyes glazed over and she shook her head. I released from the trance and she went off to the nurse’s station. I threw a bubble of blue light around Sammi and said I’d be in again tomorrow. Henry walked me back to the car where Trish was fast asleep. He insisted we follow him back to Hampstead as it was safer than anywhere else in London.

Trish was put to bed in a single bed in my room in case she woke in the night and wondered where she was. I told Henry that I’d brought her to help keep the bank safe. He didn’t quite scoff having seen her in action before but he looked far from convinced that it was a good idea. He hoped Sammi’s team would be able to improvise until she returned.

“You saw her, Henry, that could be months. She looked like she’d been hit by a train.”

“Yes I know but your blue light will shorten that, won’t it?”

“I don’t know, I don’t control it, Henry, it does its own thing and tonight it wanted to help Sammi. She’s now stable so it might move on and help someone else.”

“Oh, I thought you did have some control over it.”

“Not very much. I asked it to help save her life and repair all her injuries—it could still take months.”

“I don’t think we have months.”

“I’m sorry but lives come before tradition.”

“Of course, do what you can and I’ll take Trish to the bank tomorrow and see how she could help us.”

“I honestly don’t know if she can but she’s better than nothing.”

“I’ll take what you can offer to help and be grateful,” he took my hand and kissed it gently. Monica organised a room for Allie which was fairly close to mine, so I felt reasonably safe. There were also guards walking about outside, so we were probably as safe as we could be.

I rose late the next morning, or late for me. It was nine o’clock and Trish’s bed was empty. I saw that before I noticed the time. For a moment I was aghast then realised she’d be having breakfast with Henry and Monica who’d spoil her rotten.

I showered and changed into the clothes laid out for me—some of Stella’s old ones which fit like my own. I had to reuse my old bra and shoes but that was all. When I arrived downstairs I discovered Henry had taken Trish off with him to the bank and Allie was waiting for me chatting with Monica and Mrs Jenkins the housekeeper.

Mrs Jenkins ignored my request for just a cuppa and piece of toast and gave me a pair of poached eggs on toast with a fresh pot of tea. Monica smiled at my short lived embarrassment and told me to eat up before she produced a full English. I took the hint and enjoyed my eggs on toast.

Allie escorted me to the hospital where once again I sat and healed on Sammi, who I began to recognise again. “You know, Mrs Cameron, I’ve never seen anyone heal that quickly before,” said the nurse who was different to the one I’d met last night.

“We’re all very quick healers in our family,” was my response while Allie who’d watched it all said quietly that her arm which was hurt in the scuffle the day or so before felt much better. I smiled in reply.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
259 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well that tears it, Cathy

Well that tears it, Cathy will become hounded again to come and cure or fix people who medical science can not. Truly, truly happy that she has been allowed to help Sammi, while at the same time also healing Ali and the two other patients on either side of Sammi. No if she could only track down the culprits and bring them to justice. Janice Lynn

I suspect that Cathy would be able to channel better

... if she truly opened herself up to the 'force', without any reluctance and hesitation, but then we wouldn't have a story, would we, as she would be providing near instantaneous healing.

If I recall correctly she only did an instantaneous healing and that was for Julie when her throat was slit. Then again if Sammi healed up too quickly it would give the game away as one does not look like a mangled corpse one day and fully healed in a single or even two days time.

Oh and they need a backup plan for Sammi

You can't rely on a single point of failure as you will overwork that person, no matter how good they are. Sammi should already have a 'second' who is nearly, if not as good as she is for backup. Sammi needs to be able to have downtime and not have to rush back to solve some emergency or other.

I suspect that even as good as Sammi is, I am sure there are other elite level cyber security folks out there and High Street can certainly afford their salaries.

Meanwhile ....

Over at the bank , Trish is telling Henry just where he is going wrong ..... Okay, Maybe that might be wishful thinking on my part , But with Trish you never know , Maybe they should give her her own office with a sign on the door stating "Child genius at work ... Do not disturb .. Knowing Trish though if she does succeed she will have already worked out what her reward should be, Somehow i doubt she will be placated by normal childrens presents!

Kirri

Sometime the simple brilliance in this tale

gives me goosebumps.

“Her readings are nearly normal and the bruising has decreased—it’s amazing. Who are you? The patients either side have improved dramatically too. What are you—some sort of angel?”

It wasn't just Sammi getting the treatment. It was spilling over the patients near her. Loved it.

Thanks!

Whew !

I wonder what it will take to get the Russians to pull off?

Gwen

Trish v Banking

Rhona McCloud's picture

Trish quickly develops very definite on how things should be and I look forward to the possibility of a Trishism on banking. On the other hand I have just thought that the day will come when Trish is a teenager - be afraid, be very afraid!

Rhona McCloud

Maybe

Catherin should treat those attacking her family like an illness and heal it. Maybe the blue light will change the hearts of those who are so sick as to do this to a young person. As of the over cast of the healing, I have seen aerial pictures of a Bio dynamic farm near Paris, that had a similar over cast, affecting the area directly adjacent to it, when all of the other farms were failing, during a recent drought. This type of energy is not selfish so it goes as far as it can stretch it's self.

Great story which only keeps getting better, I still maintain Catherin needs to trust her self more, which will allow her to trust her Benefactress better.

Huggles

Michele

With those with open eyes the world reads like a book

celtgirl_0.gif

Meanwhile...

Meanwhile, back at the bank...

Fascinating turn of events. I do wonder what's next.

Annette