Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 2610

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike, est. 2007)
Part 2610
by Angharad

Copyright© 2015 Angharad

  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

This is a work of fiction any mention of real people, places or institutions is purely coincidental and does not imply that they are as suggested in the story.
@@@@@

Allie arrived and we took a taxi to Charing Cross Hospital, which is in Fulham having moved there twenty or more years ago. It’s a big London teaching hospital and in some ways I was glad Sammi was here as the level of expertise was likely to be greater than in even somewhere like Portsmouth.

Sammi was under the care of Mr Ahmad, who turned out to be a tall elegant Middle Eastern man who spoke English without the hint of an accent. “You are this young woman’s mother?”

“Adopted mother, yes.”

“The injuries she received were severe and I wondered at one point if she would survive and then if we’d have to amputate one or both legs.”

My tummy flipped. I couldn’t imagine Sammi without legs—the vivacious young woman that she is or was—would she cope? I don’t think I could.

“Happily, I believe she will make a full recovery and keep both her legs.”

I let out the breath I’d been holding in unconsciously. “Thank goodness for that, thank you so much Mr Ahmad for the care you’ve given her. We’re all so grateful.”

“I have done nothing other than try to keep her alive to be able to operate, I would like you to tell me what you did to her during your visit to improve her one hundred per cent.”

I blushed—oh bugger—I suppose as Sammi’s life was in the balance and now she’s improving, it’d be worth my sacrifice to keep her that way—if the energy allows it. “I didn’t do anything—only talk to her.”

“So, Mrs Cameron, you talk to Samantha and the patients either side of her improve dramatically as well? I did not come down the Thames in a banana boat, so what did you do?”

“Mr Ahmad, all I did was sit and hold her hand and talk to her.”

“You come from Portsmouth, do you not?”

“Near there, yes.”

“There is rumoured to be some magical healer there, is there not?”

“I wouldn’t know, I’m a university teacher not a health professional and the few times I was a patient in the hospital there, I didn’t see any magical healer.”

He fixed me with a stare, “Show me how you talked to your daughter.” He marched me out to the cubicle in which Sammi lay and blushing I sat beside her and touched her hand. As soon as I held her hand she smiled although still in a coma.

“Hello, darling, I’m back: I want you to concentrate on my voice and follow it back to wakefulness when you feel ready. Now imagine a beam of sunlight coming directly down to you—like a gift from the universe. Feel its warmth on your skin and feel yourself relaxing as you luxuriate under this delicious sunshine. As your skin warms let it allow the light to pass through it and into your body. It’s a very special light and can help heal the injuries you received in your accident. So let this light enter your body and heal you—feel it circulating around you repairing damage or injury wherever it finds it, reducing pain and swelling. See it doing this now.”

“You are using hypnosis, Mrs Cameron.”

“Suggestion I prefer to call it, but yes guiding and encouraging the body to heal itself. All I’m doing is speeding things up a little.”

“Just a little?”

“Yes, why?”

“Mrs Cameron, before your visit your daughter had multiple fractures on both legs. Today we re X-rayed them, she has no fractures and swelling has halved, even if it was speeded up a little it would take six weeks or longer to arrive at this state. How did you do it?”

“You watched me just now.”

“The nurse spoke about a blue light being about you—where is that today?”

“What blue light?”

“Mrs Cameron stop playing games with me—show me how you do it—please.”

“If the light agrees to cooperate—okay.”

“What is this light that it makes decisions?”

“I don’t know where it comes from or why it chose me, but it did and it decides if it will work with me or through me.”

He shook his head, “Please ask if it will help you assist this other lady who has some very nasty injuries.” He led me over to a different cubicle where a woman in her forties lay attached to more machines than they have in NASA for space travel.

I was trapped but if this was what I had to do to save Sammi, I would, assuming the light would play ball with me. I sat next to the woman and taking her hand spoke to her. “Hello, Mary, my name’s Cathy and I’ve been asked to help you. I know you’re in a strange place at the moment but just trust me and listen to my voice and in a moment you will see a blue light, just follow it and it will lead you back here, back to your body and to full health...” I could feel the energy flowing but whether or not the others could see it, I didn’t know—nor care that much.

The woman had multiple organ failure from trauma—I saw the accident in my mind’s eye—she was hit by a motorcyclist while crossing the road. The rider died at the scene and so did she except the paramedics restarted her heart a few minutes later. She had brain damage, but I’d managed to sort that quite quickly, her kidneys were another matter and she had a tear in her liver—fusing that was a challenge.

I stopped when I’d sorted the major problems. Mr Ahmad was still watching me. “Is that it?” he asked.

I nodded, “Yes, she’ll survive—but it’s going to be a long job. The motorcyclist didn’t survive the accident?”

“No, he died at the scene.”

“Ruptured aorta, nasty,” I said.

“How d’you know that?”

“I saw it through Mary’s eyes and just knew.”

“Your daughter is conscious. You were healing her as well, weren’t you?”

“I’m only an instrument, the energy goes where it will.”

“You have a real gift. Two other patients who we’d almost given up on have improved and may well recover. You helped them too, didn’t you?”

“Did I?”

“You must let us research this energy—it could save millions of lives.”

“Sadly I can’t do that and I’m afraid you’ll forget what you’ve seen and accept that my family heal remarkably quickly.” There was a flash of blue and he seemed disoriented for a moment and walked off without seeing me. I returned to Sammi. As he said she was awake.

“Hello, darling,” I bent over and kissed her cheek.

“I knew you were near, Mummy, you said you’d come and rescue me.”

“I try to help, darling.”

“He tried to kill me, Mummy.”

“I know, darling—he can’t hurt you again.”

“How d’you know?”

“He was killed.”

“Killed? But he drove off.”

“They killed him later.”

“Who was it?”

“Some underling from the Russian embassy.”

“Why, Mummy? Why did he try to kill me?”

“I don’t know but we suspect it was to do with the work you do in cyber protection.”

“That’s so unfair, Mummy,” she began to sob.

“I know, sweetheart, I know,” I said cuddling her as best I could through all the tubes and wires.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
261 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Seems not

everyone forgets Cathys healing powers if there are rumours of her activities in and around Portsmouth still doing the rounds, Thankfully thats all they are at the moment rumours ! Lets hope it stays that way.

Good to see Sammi awake again, Hopefully someone of the calibre of Allie will be watching over her , Like many other readers i suspect, I'm still not convinced we have seen the back of the Russians, And Sammi is in quite a vunerable position....

Kirri

No, not everyone forgets

Athena N's picture

Of course, if one accepts (as Cathy does not completely, despite overwhelming evidence) that the blue light is backed by a deity, it follows that She is likely to have Her own reasons for deciding who remembers what.

Blue light

Dahlia's picture

The problem with Catherine using the blue light to hunt down and harm the thugs is that it can only be used for good or in self defense.

Dahlia

The old saying the best defense is a good offense

Come to mind. And there ARE non-physical ways of taking somebody down. Like say converting old putty into a girl, slowly. Or to turn all of the Russian agents gay, who are not already gay, or to 'accidentally' have the Russian oligarchs backing ol' Putty lose their bank account details.

Good Offense

I think it’s time to see what Trish can do to “de-fund” the bank accounts of a few select Russians. It’s hard to keep your grip on power when you don’t have the money to back you up. I’d be surprised if anything happens without a certain “Criminal in Chief’s” acquiescence.

Michelle B

Charing Cross

Rhona McCloud's picture

According to Wikipedia the present Charing Cross Hospital opened 42 years ago in 1973, not long before I availed myself of its facilities. How time flies when you're having fun!

Sammi's reaction is very real as big events almost by definition happen to other people and it made in my eyes a particularly feel good moment.

Rhona McCloud

My acquaintance

Angharad's picture

began with Dr Randall in 1979. They let me down though and I had to go elsewhere several years later. Long story.

Angharad

Oh and great typical reaction from that doctor

Not thinking how it would ruin Cathy's life if this got out. I suspect he would love to exploit it too to make himself famous, even if it were just reflected glory.

The usual pleading would be of course: "but Mrs Cameron you can save so many lives."

Sadly they don't understand that there is no way for life not to end and it is what it is.

Such an officious...

Such an officious doctor. *sighs* Demanding... *sighs*

Glad Sammi's doing better. :-) I wonder what she'll think of what her little sister's done at the bank. LOL

Thanks,
Annette

It is great to see Sammie out

It is great to see Sammie out of crisis mode. How very sad it would have been for her to end up in a wheelchair or with artificial legs due to the Russian Ambassador wanting her eliminated and out of the way. There has got to be some way to truly get back at this bozo and his underlings that he keeps sending out to do harm to Cathy, her family and others. I do hope James and his his "band of merry men" can do it in very quiet manner that bring nothing back on Cathy or Simon or Henry and Tom. Janice Lynn