Glossary for AF: “The Bodyguard”

Printer-friendly version

Glossary for AF: “The Bodyguard”

This is intended as a stand alone document to support Altered Fates: "The Bodyguard." I was advised to create this document due to the length and complexity of "The Bodyguard" to prevent readers from getting lost in the possibly unfamilair names, terms, and places I used in the story.


Characters

- Logan Campbell / Ilcaúrna et Maiar / Melchiresa: Main character. Former Navy SEAL now a security agent. Hired to protect Molly [Note: Melchiresa, is the daughter of the morning star, and mistress of air, fire, and metal a very powerful Maiar spirit.]

- Molly Falk / Sornohen et Maiar / Kratos: Main character. College student, daughter of Richard Falk [Note: Kratos, in this mythology, is the Maiar spirit of skilled war. He originally studied under Tulkas but then when Oromë made war upon Melkor he became Oromë’s most skilled Captain] The griffin on Molly’s back is named Boreas.

- Richard Falk: Molly’s father. Collector of Magical Artifacts. Widower. Desperately wants to find a way to bring his dead wife back.


Additional Characters:

- Sir Aglaron Thlim Duilin – Knight, Master Archer, son of Sir Duilin Lord of the House of Swallows.

- Alarukë – Handmaiden of Morgoth. Third in command of the Balrogs to invade Nevrast, falls in love with Molly in Logan’s body

- Alion – Infantry solider and First-Spear of Molly’s ad hoc army (think Sergeant Major of the Warband)

- Cainir - son of Duvainor, Ranger, part of Narmartë’s squad.

- Sir Fallaistra - Knight Captain of Ilcanalta she is of house Thlim Duilin and becomes one of Molly’s best sub-commanders.

- Gôrlir – Lieutenant to Gothmog. Second-in-Command of the Western Warband and Second-in-Command of the Balrogs and forces of Morgoth invading Nevrast

- Gorlung – Led the surprise attack on Lindornëa. A champion of Balrogs. Defeated by Molly and Logan.

- Gothmog – Captain of Angband, Lord of Balrogs, In Command of the overall assault on Nevrast, leads the First Warband

- Sir Helcëtôr Thlim Ith Mindon – Lord of House Mindon, Knight Commander of the Ondolindë Ranger Crops, Captain of the Ondolindë Knights in Nevrast, charged by King Turgon with defended Nevrast and protecting the seven villages

- Kâlraug – Balrog second in command of the eastern force. He takes command after the death of Vothgær.

- Melkor – The original Ainur name for Morgoth. The most powerful of the Ainur who rebelled against the song of Illúvatar. He is the Tolkien equivalent of the devil.

- Melandrach – Butler and Steward to Penlod and house Climbol. Friend of Narmartë.

- Morgoth: The Elven name for the Melkor, the greatest of the Ainur, the fallen Ainur, the Tolkien equivalent of the devil.

- Narmartë Thlim Ith Mindon – Captain, Ranger of Nevrast, cousin of Sir Helcëtôr and second in line to House Ith Mindon.

- Sir Nenthal – Leader of the surviving Knights of Lindornëa

- Othon - son of Aeglosson, Ranger, part of Narmartë’s squad.

- Owen Hernandez; Firm security agent, rival of Logan’s and traitor.

- Lord Penlod Thlim Climbol – Narmartë’s betrothed and Lord of House Climbol, he leads the Army of Gondolin into battle in Nevrast, when he marries Narmartë he becomes Lord of House Mindon as well

- Sir Ronir Thlim Climbol - Captain of the Ilcanalta Guards. Friend and cousin to Penlod lord of House Climbol.

- Raegdil: Cousin to Narmartë, dies in the fall of Lindornëa

- Sadron – Molly’s Elven Aide-de-Camp.

- Tanna Greenleaf – Female, Master Archer leader of the Lindornëa Archers, and Chief of Molly’s scouts. She is slain by Alarukë who then uses her form to seduce Molly.

- Sir Thanradon – Knight, rode with Sir Helcëtôr, horse was slain, has been an infantry soldier before and now serves Molly as his Infantry Commander

- King Turukáno aka Turgon King of Gondolin

- Valaraukar – The name for the fallen Maiar who became Balrogs.

- Vothgær – The Balrog leader and Captain of the Army from the east. He almost killed Molly when Molly saved Sir Fallaistra and her Warband.

- Xorag - Orc Warchief and Commander of the Warg-Riders

Places:

Arda – Elven name for the world created by Illúvatar

Angband – The land ruled by Morgoth, his fortress also bears this name.

Beleriand – The Elven name for middle earth in the first age.

Echoriath - the Mountains that encircle Nevrast.

Nevrast – Kingdom founded and ruled by Turgon upon his return to middle earth from Valinor. He left Nevrast when he disappeared with his people into Tumladen.

Village of Ilcanalta (Just east of the village to Lindornëa)

Village of Laerorn (Village south of the Great Bog but east of Rhovan in Nevrast)

Village of Lanthir (Eastern and south of the Great Bog in Nevrast)

Village of Lindornëa (Westernmost village, north of the Great Bog in Nevrast)

Village of Rhovan (Village south and west of the Great Bog in Nevrast)

Village of Talatphen (Eastern most of the villages north of the Great Bog)

Village of Bertaniel (North of the Great Bog between Talatphen and Ilcanalta)

City of Ondolindë - also known as Gondolin, only city in the Vale of Tumladen. King Turgon’s capital. Designed and built to resemble Tirion the Capital of the Valar.

Vale of Tumladen – the name of the valley King Turgon discovered and where Gondolin was built.

Tirion – Capital city of the of the Valar in Valinor

Miscellaneous:

- Ainur – The name of the first beings created by Illúvatar. They are demi-gods in their own right and much more powerful than the Maiar

- Glingal and Belthil, gold and silver trees in the likeness of Telperion and Laurelin, the Trees of Light

- Hruo: Elven name for Trolls.

- Illúvatar: Elven name for the Creator or God

- Irmo: One of the Ainur, the Lord of Spirits and Dreams, the Master Summoner of the Ainur.

- Maiar: Eternal beings created by Illúvatar, they are the angels of middle earth. They are less in power than the Ainur. They have the power to assume any shape at will.

- Manwë – Most powerful and wisest of the Ainur. King of the Ainur, husband to Yavanna, Lord of the Air and all things that fly.

- Miruvor: Elven name for wine.

- Quenderin – The elven name for elves

- Tulkas – Ainur, lord of the hunt and skilled combat. He is the mightiest wrestler of the Ainur and fought Melkor even when other Ainur didn’t.

- Ulmo: One of the Ainur he has dominion over the Ocean, Seas, and water (Ulmo’s Refrain is water magic)

- Ungoliant: The giant spider goddess. The smaller giant spiders are her children.

- Valinor – Name of the land where the Ainur and Maiar life. The Tolkien equivalent to heaven.

- Valaraukar – Ancient name of the Balrogs

- Varda - Queen of the Stars, the Kindler, spouse of Manwë, titled Elentári in Quenya and Elbereth Gilthoniel in Sindarin. She kindled the first stars before the Ainur descended into the world, and later brightened them with the gold and silver dew from the Two Trees.

- Yavanna – Yavanna is Queen of the Earth and Giver of Fruits, spouse of Aulë, also called Kementári. She created the Two Trees, and is responsible for the Kelvar (animals) and Olvar (plants). It was she who requested the creation of the Ents, as she feared for the safety of the trees once her husband had created the Dwarves.

* Music of the Ainur: The music that created the world. Those that can hear the music and sing it can work magic.

up
45 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos