Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 4: Chapter 01

Printer-friendly version

Badasses Of The Multiverse: Book 4: “The Jock, The Nerd, The Bounty Hunters, And The Crazy Chicks.”

Chapter One: “The Two Brothers and The Three Sisters.”

By Paul Cousins.

Copyright Disclaimer: All copyrighted places, characters, items, and events, within the story, are held by their current owners. No profit is being made on this work of fiction.

(_)

Cowboy Bebop Reality. Mars. Tharsis City. At a high school, American football field, with stadium bleachers on both sides long sides of the field. Friday, October fifteenth, twenty-one hundred. Eight thirty PM local time.

It was a slightly warm night in October, with Autumn still not fully arrived.

Even thought it was night time at the open air stadium, the stadium lights illuminated the area well enough to be looking out some distance, from the field, with no difficulty.

At the moment, it was near the end of the fourth and final quarter of the American style, high school football game currently being played.

Presently, the visiting team had the football, and they were getting close to the home team's goal line. And all the visiting team needed as one more touchdown to win the game.

From the side line of the home team, the football coach for the home team blew his whistle. He then signaled a player change with his hands. With him then pointing at which player he wanted to come off of the field.

The coach was an older fair skinned man, in his fifties. He had short blond hair that was turning silver white, along with a well kept full beard of the same color. He was still in great health, and physical shape for his age.

The home team's coach pointed at the player he wanted to come in.

As that player ran towards him, from the field, and the bench, the coach looked over at the bench of players, as he ordered, in english, “Lowe. You are up.”

The teenage boy in football gear, picked up his helmet, stood up, and approached the Coach.

The boy had a black haired and tanned skinned. He had a muscular, medium set build, and he was slightly above average height for most boys his age. His hair was a little on the shaggy side, and cut to his neck like.

As the tanned skinned player came to a stop in front of his coach, the football coach looked at him. The coach ordered, “Break their lines, Lowe.”

The boy replied, in english, “Yes, sir.” He then put on his helmet, as he turned, and ran out onto the field, as another player came back to the bench.

The name on the coach's jacket chest pocket stated, “Caxton.”

As Shane Caxton watched the game, he thought, 'This is a good retirement. Who knew that I would have ended up being a high school american football coach, on Mars, of all places. Good thing most of the people here speak english. It made settling down here much easier. And it has all been so good for me.'

He looked at the wedding ring on his left forth finger, as he continued his thoughts, 'I found love, and married a good woman. She is a few decades younger than me, but we still have a wonderful relationship. She gave me two wonderful children. A boy and a girl. Both of whom are still young. And the best part is that with the modern medicine here, I will more than likely I will live to see both my children get married, and have children of their own. Who knew that I would go into the depths of hell, and come out the other side into heaven. This is a good life. I wonder how Bao is doing?'

Shane turned back to look at his players on the field, as he mentally reflected, 'I also wonder about the Lovelace household. I have mixed feelings on the matter. Due to me being responsible for the death of Garcia's father, Diego Lovelace. Whom did not deserve to die. And Roberta killing some of my men. But, I had a debt of honor to help Garcia, as much as I could.'

'I am also glad that both Garcia and Roberta fully healed from their wounds. Well, with Roberta, what left of her was able to finally heal. She is a lesson on what happens when one pushes themselves to far.'

'Along those lines, I believe that by helping Roberta close her past, I help both of them. Also, that Fabiola girl seemed like a good kid.'

'I would have stayed longer, if my superiors had not called me back, from the hotel I was staying out, while helping the Lovelace family. It just didn't feel right to do so.'

'Though, clearly my superiors had no clue as to why I was in Venezuela. Or, they would have not called me back into service. And had me return to the hellhole in Thailand. With that place going from a hive of scum and villainy. To a nearly deserted town, with a fortress of horrors behind it.'

'Still, I am not going to complain. If I had not gone, I would have no ended up here. Where I have gained so much that I have now.'

'Now, let's see if of my best and brightest player still has his touch. And I think he does.'

Shane then calmly continue to watch the game, from where he was standing on the sidelines.

(_)

As the boy ran toward his team, the announcer yelled through the microphone, to the stadium speakers, “What is this?! The home team's coach has called in the big guns! That's right ladies and gentlemen, number, 69! Stan Lowe, the linebreaker!”

The cheerleaders by the field, and the audience in the stands, cheered at hearing Stan's name being called.

(_)

A few seconds later, the seventeen year old, Stan Lowe joined the defensive line.

When the game resumed, Stan went onto push the visiting team back several yards, by breaking through the lines and tackling the ball carrier, over an over again. Soon, the home team got the ball, and the game was soon over, with the home team winning the game.

As the game ended, the crowds cheered on Stan Lowe, the linebreaker, for the home team's victory.

(_)

In the stands, three teenage girls sat side by side with each other, on a bleacher, as they talked to one another.

All three teenager girls appeared to be seventeen years old, and by their looks, they were sisters. They had slender, muscular frames. Average height. And they were quite beautiful. They wore blue jeans, black leather belts, and tennis shoes. And each wore a t-shirt that matched their hair color.

One sister had long purple hair that was put into a pony tail with a purple scrunchy.

Another sister had long green hair, which she let flow free down her back.

The last sister had blue hair, with black highlights, which was cut short at her neckline.

The sister with the blue hair asked, in japanese, “Is that one of them?”

The purple hair sister answered, in japanese, “Yes.”

The green haired sister stated, in japanese, “It is going to be so much fun meeting them.”

The blue haired sister said, “Okay. Let's follow him. But, let's do this discreetly. So, he can lead us to the other one. So, we learn what both of them look like.”

The three sisters then got up from their seats, as they planned to secretly follow the one they were interested in, so he would lead them to the other person they were interested in.

(_)

Thirty minutes later, inside large classroom, in a high school building, by the football field, two individuals were working on a huge mathematical formula, on a large white marker board, which was mounted to the wall, facing the adult sized school desks in the room.

The room itself was large, and the room was like a college forum. Where each row of desks, went up, a few inches, to another step. With there being twenty rows of desks in all, and forty desks per row. There were three aisles going between the rows of desks. Two on the sides, by the wall, and one in the middle of the room, that lead directly to the back entrance of the room, which was a set of double-doors.

There was also a single door, on each of the sides walks, by the front corners of the room, near the large white marker board.

The room was dimly lit by a simple lamp light on the teachers desk, near the marker board, at the front of the room, on the bottom floor.

One of the individuals, was a slender, though well toned, pale skinned woman, with short white hair. She was quite beautiful, and appeared to be in her mid-twenties. She was dressed in a simple a white button up short sleeved shirt, black pants, black belt, and black flat sole slippers.

The other person was a seventeen year old boy in a white t-shirt, blue jeans, a simple belt, white socks, tennis shoes, and a short white long sleeved lab coat.

The woman was clearly the teacher, and the teenage boy was her student.

The teacher said, in a pleasant, feminine voice, “That is the way, young Lewis Lowe. I have found that mathematical formulas are like music. They have to flow. They have to feel right. They have to make sense. And you are doing three, in a beautiful manner.”

The seventeen year old Lewis replied, “Thank you. Professor Cosupsir.”

Like his brother, Stan, Lewis had a black haired and tanned skinned. He as a muscular, medium set build, and he was slightly above average height for more boys his age. Though, his hair was cut slightly shorter than his brother, Stan's hair.

Both Lewis and his brother looked close enough alike, that they could pass for each other, if they were not standing beside each other.

After Lewis used the marker to change to symbols along the formula, he stated, “I think I have this. The problem is, I am not sure. I need to think on this formula for a few more days.”

Professor Cosupsir stated, in a calm, professional, tone of voice, “There is no rush, Lewis. You have come a long way, since I first started tutoring you, a few years ago. And if it takes another year or so to work out this formula, then so be it. I found that patience offers its own reward.”

Lewis said, “Thank you professor, for having faith in me.”

Professor Cosupsir coyly smiled, as she stated, “You are well worth the effort.”

Suddenly, both individuals heard the double-doors open, on the top floor, in the back of the classroom.

Both Lewis, and Professor Cosupsir turned to see who is was.

There were three teenagers standing at the door. Stan Lowe, whom was wearing the same clothing as Lewis, only instead of a lab coat, he had on a red varsity jacket, with his jersey number, 69, labeled in large white number on the back of the jacket.

To both sides of Stan, there were two pretty teenage girls his age, whom were both wearing casual clothing.

Stan looked down at Lewis and Cosupsir, as he said, “Come on brother. We won the game. Let's get something to eat and celebrate. I even got you another date.”

Lewis turned to his teacher, as he requested, “Is it okay that I leave, professor.”

Professor Cosupsir turned to Lewis. She warmly smiled at him, as she said, “Go ahead, Lewis. Have some fun with your brother. As I said. This work can wait a little longer.”

Lewis responded, “Thank you.” He turned, and walked up the steps, in the middle aisle, and to the back of the classroom, where joined his brother, and the two girls.

Cosupsir quietly watched Lewis leave.

When Lewis reached the other three teenagers, they then left turned, and left the room, with them gently shutting the double-doors behind them.

Professor Cosupsir turned her attention back to the large, long formula on the marker board, as she thought, 'My, my, young Lewis. You really are truly worth the time and trouble to teach. I will not make the same mistakes I have made with others that could compare to my intellect.'

'It is unfortunate that your brother, young Stan, whom is your equal in intelligence, is not so interested in the math and sciences... Oh well, I need only one of you to complete my current designs.'

'And I will not be ungrateful for your work. I plan to reward you for your efforts. But, that will be later, after we have achieved our goals of figuring out this formula, and applying it, in practical applications.”

(_)

A few minutes later, the four teenagers were riding in the Lowe family car, which was just a four door, cheery red convertible. The car had a right side driver's seat. The top was up, but the windows were rolled down, so the four teenagers could enjoy the air, as they headed down left side of the road.

The four teenagers were heading to a diner, that the Lowe brothers liked to go to.

Stan drove, with his girlfriend, Stephanie, riding beside him, to his left side.

Lewis was right behind Stan, with the new girl Stan got for him, Brittney, beside him, to his left side.

(_)

An hour later, the four teenagers were at an all night diner, where they were just finishing their dinner.

Their diner was pleasant, and the conversation was polite. Though, Lewis continued going on the formula he was working on.

Lewis said, “If I can crack this formula, it could open up whole new fields of science for humanity. We already know that multiple planes of reality exist in this reality, that is how the hyperspace gate system works. Just imagine if we could chart entire different possibilities.”

Stan stated, in an annoyed tone of voice, “Ever since you got into dad's old book collection, years ago, you have been going on and on about M-theory. It is an obsession with you. There is no such thing at M-theory. You should instead become a researcher in medicine. Maybe find a way to invent a treatment to extend life further.”

Brittney asked, “What is M-theory?”

Stephanie cautioned, “Trust me, girl. You do not want to ask, Lewis, that question. He will go on about it from hours Why do you think he doesn't have steady girlfriend? I mean, Stan here has been trying to get him one. One girl after another. And they just don't stay.”

Stan commented, “To avoid an hour long discussion on subject, I will answer the question. M-theory is short for multiverse theory. Like the word, universe. Only this theory states that instead of there being one universe, there are a near infinite number of realities. Multi, meaning many. Instead of, uni, meaning one. Hence, multiverse.”

“What M-theory is about is imagine that every decision, every action, we make there are multiple outcomes. Now, when we make a decision, or take as action, we have a certain set of outcomes from those decisions and actions. Simple cause and effect. But, M-theory states that in another universe, another reality, we would have made a different choice, action, or result, that has a different outcome, and, from there, the universes diverges into multiple realities.”

Brittney said, “That is fascinating.”

Stan said, “That is not even scratching the surface of how wild some M-theories are. The most extreme theories state that even fictional realities exist in their own universes.”

Stephanie said, “He read the same books that his brother did.”

Stan stated, “Of course, I did. It was the only way I could find to counter his arguments.”

Brittney commented, “Still, there are some fictional series I would like to visit.”

Stan gently countered, “Everyone has those fantasies. It does not make them any more real.”

Lewis questioned, “But Stan, don't you sometimes feel like we don't belong here? Like you want to travel to the unknown? Places that you don't know exist, except in your heart?”

Stan admitted, “I sometimes do feel that way. But, I get it out of my system when we go fishing on Ganymede. I think we are due for that again. The last time we did that was back in July, for our birthday.”

The four teenagers then heard a man nearby ask, “Does anyone have a light?”

Stan turned to the man. He pulled out his metal zippo lighter from his pocket and lit it.

The person then walked up to Stan, and he lit their cigarette. He turned to Stan, as he said, “Thank you.”

Stan looked over at the man, as he replied, “No problem.” He then closed the lighter and put it back in his pocket.

The man then walked off, and Stan turned his attention back to Lewis, Stephanie, and Brittney.

Lewis asked, “You still got that lighter?”

Stan stated, “Just because mom and dad won't let me smoke, doesn't me I can't keep the lighter.”

Lewis countered, “I agree with them, my dear fraternal brother. We are seventeen. By Earth standard annual calendar. And it is never to early to start to live healthy. And given you have a college sports scholarship, you need to be as healthy as possible.”

Stan commented, “I am not arguing that fact. Though, I still find it hard to believe that you got that science scholarship.”

Lewis replied, “Our physics professor was of great help with that achievement.”

Stan said, “Even so. Let's not forget that mom and dad forbid you from working on that formula.”

Lewis responded, “That is why I do my work on it at school, with our math and science professor. Anyway, our parents are off world, on a business trip, until the end of the weekend. What they don't know, won't hurt them. And I know I am close to cracking this formula. With your help, I know we could do it. You have taken the same advance math and science courses I have. And your grades are as just as good mine.”

Stan stated, “I know. And we both spot for each other at the gym. You are as physically fit as I am. And I am just as intelligent as you. You really should reconsider joining the football team. I am sure the coach would love to have you. Together, we could become sports legends.”

Lewis replied, “Nah. I prefer more scholarly pursuits. Anyway, I know with your help we can crack this formula. And once that happens, we could win the Nobel prize, together. So, let's do it.”

Stan sighed in defeat, as he said, “Fine. You can show me what you have.”

The four of the teenagers then got up from their table. Next, Stan went to pay for their meals. Afterward, they left the diner, for the Lowe family's red convertible.

(_)

At a nearby table, three teenage girls heard the entire conversation.

As the three girls watched the four teenagers leave the diner, the blue haired girl said, “Their are completely cut off, and still they are drawn to the truth.”

The green haired girl suggested, “We have to formally meet with them.”

The purple haired girl stated, “We already have their address. We now know their parents are out of town. We will visit them in an hour, or so.”

(_)

Thirty minutes later, after dropping the girls off at their homes, the brothers returned to their family home. They were presently in the living room of their home.

The living room was on the second story of this home, along with their bedrooms, dining, and kitchen. The first story had an entertainment center, laundry, and electronics room. Both floors had full bathrooms. There was an inside staircase that attached both floors to each other, that was located in the living room, across the room from the outdoor entrance.

There was a door outside from the living room that was attached to a platform and stairs. This was originally designed as a fire escape. But, over time, it was remodeled, and became the main entryway into the home. Still, there were also outside doors on the bottom floor.

The outsides stairs lead to a second story platform, that had a door that lead to the living room. There were railings on the outside of the platform and stairs.

The brothers still had on their jackets.

Lewis had pulled out his white marker board, from his bedroom, and he brought it into the living room. He was just finishing the last of the equations.

After Lewis was done working on the marker board, Stan walked over to the marker board, and he looked the over mathematical formula.

A few minutes later, Stan had finished looking over it. He then said, “I see what you are doing wrong.”

Stan took a marker, from the bottom of the board, and he changed two places on the board. Afterward, he set the marker down, on the small bottom shelf of the board.

Stan stated, “There. And there. The numbers need to be reversed. Except for that, the formula looks right to me.”

Lewis looked over Stan's changes for a few seconds. He then responded, “You're right. It does look correct. Thanks, bro.”

Stan suggested, “You're welcome. Though, just make sure that you do not create a hyperspace gate explosion across the multiverse.”

Lewis stated, “That is a good point. And that is why we will check the math on this for at least a month, before we tell others about it.”

Stan praised his brother, as he said, “That is a very good idea.”

Suddenly, there was knock on the locked, outside door of the living room.

Stan said, “I'll get it.”

Stan then turned and walked to the door that lead to the outside stairway. When he reached the door, he looked thought the peephole of the door. He saw three teenager girls, around their age, with weird hair colors, standing on second story platform, facing the door.

Lewis asked, “Who is it?”

Stan turned back to his brother, as he answered, “Three teenage girls, with weird hairs colors.”

Lewis inquired, “How weird?”

Stan replied, “Faye level weird.”

Lewis said, “Got you.”

Stan said, “Now, let us find out who they are. And why they are here so late at night.”

Stan turned back towards the door. As he looked back into the peephole of the door, he asked, through the door, “Hello. Who are you?”

The green hair girl calmly requested, in english, “Hello, Lewis, and Stan Lowe. We are your distant cousins, on your father's side. Could we please come in, and talk?”

Stan said, through the door, “I don't know of any cousins on our father's side of the family.”

The green hair girl stated, “We will explain everything when after we come inside.”

Stan looked over at Lewis, he said, “The girls outside claim to be our cousins.”

Lewis said, “Go ahead. Let them in. They are just girls. What is the worst that could happen?”

Stan shrugged, as replied, “Okay.” He turned back around, unlocked, and opened the door, to let the girls in.

After the three girls had entered the living room, Stan gently closed the door behind them. He then locked the door.

Next, Stan walked over to stand beside Lewis, to Lewis' left side.

As Lewis and Stan looked at the three teenage girls, Lewis thought, 'They look cute. But, something about them screams danger. Now, I know why Stan is on edge. But, mom and dad taught us to try to make the best of a bad situation.'

Lewis stated, “Hello. I am Lewis Lowe. And this is my brother, Stan Lowe.”

Stan said, “Nice to meet you.”

The green haired girl introduced herself, “Hello. We are all half-sisters to each other. And I am Yurika.”

The blue haired girl, with black highlights, stated, in english, “Hi. You can called me, Mikoto.”

The purple haired girl said, in english, “Pleasure to meet you. My given name is, Nodoka.”

Stan commented, “Oriental names. I did not know dad had asian ancestry. Kind of obvious with mom. But, not dad.”

Yurika explained, “Actually, uncle Bob has ancestry with a pacific island that we both share relatives from. Except Nodoka. She is not technically related to you.”

Lewis offered, “If you two are related to us, and sisters to her, then that is close enough for me.”

Stan agreed, “For me, as well.”

The girls smiled as the boys comments, as Nodoka said, “Thank you.”

Lewis thought, 'At least we put them in a good mood. And now to soften the situation, even more.' He offered, “Can we get something for you? Something to drink? A snack? Why don't you sit down, make yourselves at home.”

Nodoka responded, “It is okay. We prefer to stand.”

Lewis commented, “Okay. Though, I wish our parents were at home. We could really have a nice discussion about this, with them here.”

Nodoka commented, “Actually, we came here, right now, because your parents were not at home.”

Mikoto turned to Nodoka, as she snapped at her purple haired sister, “Nodoka.”

Nodoka looked over at Mikoto, as she sheepishly replied, “Oops.”

All three sisters turned to face the brothers.

Nodoka's comment immediately caught the brothers attention.

Lewis thought, 'Ah oh. This is the type of a situation our parents warned us about. We have scholarships. We do not need to get into any trouble. And the three teenage girls are clearly trouble.'

Stan thought, 'This is not good. Anytime three girls want to come over, when the parents are away, if never good. Still, we need to find out what is going on, before we ask them to leave.'

Stan carefully asked, “You know our parents are gone, right now.?”

Yurika answered, “Yes. But, we did not come here to cause trouble. There are some things about your parents, and others whom you know, that you do not know about. Information that has been kept from you. Things we wish to inform you of.”

Lewis thought, 'Okay. Perhaps we are jumping the gun a bit. At least we can do, is hear them out.' He inquired, with a bit of curiosity in his tone of voice, “What do you want to tell us, that our parents would not tell us about?”

Mikoto said, “Oh so much. For example. Why you look so much alike. And why you share the same birthday.”

Stan shrugged, as he casually replied, “We're fraternal twins. And if you are wondering. I am the older twin.”

Lewis commented, “Only by a few hours.”

The girls giggled, for a few seconds.

Lewis inquired, with concern in tone of voice, “What is so funny?”

By then, the girls had calmed down. Mikoto shook her head a few times, as she commented, “It is so obvious that your parents did not tell you anything about what is really going on.”

Nodoka smirked, as she stated, “It is going to be fun educating you two on the reality of your situation.”

Yurika turned to Nodoka, as she commented, “Nodoka, you always do like using puns.”

Nodoka looked over at Yurika. She shrugged towards her green haired sister, as she replied, “It is just so much fun.”

Yurika and Nodoka then turned back to look at the Stan and Lewis.

Yurika said, “Still, Nodoka is right. This is going to be fun.”

Stan questioned, “And so the only reason you came here was to inform us of some horrible secrets our parents kept form us?”

Yurika answered, “Not horrible secrets. Just strange, yet wonderful secrets. And no. We also came here because we think what your parents have done to you is wrong. They have denied you so much. The truth. Your heritage. So much that has been kept from you.”

Lewis commented, “Brother, I got a feeling that our life is about to take a turn for the strange.”

Mikoto said, “That is an understatement. The question is where to start?”

Nodoka suggested, “How about a simple question. Do you know where you father is from?”

Stan answered, “Earth. So, is our mother. There is where they met.”

Nodoka pointed out, “Yet. Uncle Bob does not act like any of the people from Earth that you know of.”

Lewis pointed out, “Well, besides our maternal grandfather, we don't know anyone that acts like our mother, either.”

Nodoka conceded, “Point taken.”

Stan commented, “You seem to personally know our father.”

Nodoka smiled, as she said, “We know sides of your father that you don't have the slightest clue about.”

Yurika and Mikoto let out a laugh at their sister's comment.

Yurika then commented, “But, we will get to that in a moment. What about your mother? Do you know what she was like when she was younger.”

Lewis spoke up, “Yea. She is a skill hacker and super-genius. We got our intelligence from her. From what Jet and Faye told us, a few years ago, that our mom also use be a little crazy, in a playful way. They said that we got our sanity from our father. But, she seems to have gotten her act together after we were born.”

Mikoto agreed, “That is true. At least you know some things about your family.”

Lewis inquired, “What revelation are you three tiptoeing around?”

Suddenly, Yurika accidentally sneezed.

Stan and Lewis watched, as Yurika's body immediately changed from a teenage girl to a teenage boy.

Except for being a few years young, the teenage boy could pass for Yurika's brother. Because he was a few years younger, he could still fit into his female clothing. Also, he had the same skin tone, hair color and hair style, as before.

Yurika apologized, in a more masculine voice, that sounded like his voice just broke, “Sorry for that. We were planning to show you this a little later in the conversation.”

Mikoto commented, “Well, the cat is out of the bag.”

Nodoka stated, “Yurika, you know better than to sneeze.”

The brothers were in a slight state of shock at what they saw.

Lewis questioned, “Bro, did you just see that?”

Stan requested, “In what since of the term, are you using the word, that?”

Lewis elaborated, “The chick turned into a guy with a sneeze.”

Stan responded, “Yes. I saw that.”

Lewis replied, “Good. It means I have haven't cracked from all that studying I have done.”

Stan said, in a comforting tone, “Don't feel bad, bro. After seeing that, thinking I had just gone insane, was my first thought, as well.”

Mikoto said, in a calm tone of voice, “Lewis. Stan. Please stay calm. What you just saw is real. It is not an illusion. We will explain everything, if you give us a chance. But, keep in mind, that is still your cousin, Yurika. And even though she is now a he, he is still the same person in mind and soul.” Mikoto turned to her brother, Yurika, as she suggested, “Yurika, you might want to change back.”

Yurika responded, in his masculine voice, “Good idea.”

The brothers suddenly watched Yurika change back into the girl she had been, without sneezing. Yurika then stated, in her feminine voice, “See, easily fixed.” The others then watched her grab her chest and back, as she said, “The one problem with changing genders by accident, is that it messes up with the position of one's bra...”

Yurika used her hands to adjust her bra. When she finished, she dropped her hands back to her side, as she commented, “Ah. That is much better.”

Mikoto commented, “Yes. Which is why I know better than to sneeze without thinking.”

Nodoka turned to the two brothers, as she stated, “Again. We apologize for our sister's actions. We were planing to ease you into learning the truth. Still, what is done, is done. And I am sure this is all very new and strange for both of you. But, we can all change genders. We change genders by will, and my siblings can also change genders by sneezing.”

The teenage boys then watched as Mikoto and Nodoka changed into boys. Both had the same skin tone, hair color and hair style, as their female forms.

Nodoka was the same age as his female gender, but Mikoto seemed a few years younger. Nodoka's clothing strained against his current male body, while Mikoto male boy was younger and around the same size as his female gender body, and his clothing still fit, though it looked odd on him.

A second later, Nodoka and Mikoto changed back into their female genders. And they quickly readjusted their bras, with their hands.

Lewis said, “Stan, please tell me you drugged my drink, from earlier. At the diner.”

Stan responded, “I wish that was the case, but I am seeing the same thing, as you are seeing.”

Nodoka explained, “Yes. As you can plainly see, all three of us, can change genders. The reason for my male form being older than their male forms is due to a genetic quark they have, that I do not have. We have been able change genders since we were children. It just makes life more interesting.”

The brothers looked at each other. The brothers could see the looks in each others faces and eyes. The brother then turned to look at the Nodoka, Mikoto, and Yurika.

Lewis through, 'I should have got with my first instincts, on this matter. These girls have got to go. And they need to go now.' He calmly stated, in a stern tone of voice, “I think you three should leave, now.”

Nodoka flatly responded, in an equally stern tone of voice, “No. We have come a very, very long way. And we are not leaving until we tell you everything”

Stan asked, “You girls aren't aliens? Are you?”

The three girls laughed, for a few seconds.

As the girls calmed down, Mikoto then explained, “Yurika and I are partly alien. But, mostly human. And it does explain part of our gender changing abilities, for us. Your father is also part alien.”

Stan stated, “While, I will admit that our father could be odd sometimes. Though, not as much as our mother can be. I doubt he is an alien.”

Nodoka smirked, as she said, “Oh. You did not know Bob and Ed before you were born. Let us just say they traveled a lot.”

Lewis spoke up, “So, they traveled. That is no surprised. Before we were born, they were bounty hunters. That is all. Still, back to the gender changing. Okay. You explained that your two sisters gender change due to alien genes. But, how are you, Nodoka, able to change back and forth?”

Nodoka complimented, “You two really do have Ed's intelligence. It is nice that you are on the uptake. And that is a fair question. My sisters gender changing is due to alien genes, and abilities from their inherited alien powers. My gender change due is due inherited alien powers, and magic abilities, from my parents.”

Stan stated, “Let me guess. The parent with the alien powers, is all three of your fathers?”

Mikoto commented, “You are partly correct. That person is the father to my sisters, and she was my mother.”

Lewis stated, with disbelief in his voice, “So, this person fathered two of you, and was the mother to the third?”

Yurika stated, “I know it is a weird concept. That someone that can change gender would be willing to be both a mother and father to different children. But, you need to get use to the concept. Still, if it helps, to add to the strangeness, Mikoto's father is my mother. Mikoto and I are fully blood sisters, while Nodoka is our half sister, by my father, Mikoto's mother, whom is the same person.”

The brothers just looked at her, with their eyes and faces showing further disbelief.

Yurika added, “Yea. It takes a few minutes to wrap one's mind around such facts.”

Stan responded, “For the sake of the sanity of both my brother and I, we will move along this conversation. So, on top of aliens. Which you claim we partly are, as well. Due to our father being part alien. Well, slightly alien. You are also claiming that magic exists as well? Isn't that a little far fetched?”

Lewis agreed, “I agree. We have both studied high level quantum physics, and sciences. And we were taught that magic is just a poor excuse for natural events, science, and technology, that cannot yet be properly explained by science and math.”

The girls just burst out laughing, for a few seconds.

The sisters calmed soon down. Nodoka then shook her head a few times, as she said, “Ah, Arthur C Clarke theory on magic. I assure you, Mister Clarke is very wrong. Magic is real, and does exist in so many ways. This is a good example as to how you both have no idea what is out there. That is why we came here in the first place.”

Lewis realized what Nodoka was alluding to, as he said, “Listen, we can guess where this conversation is heading. I can already tell you that we decline. We do not want, nor need, a life of adventure. We are both set for success in our current life tracks.”

Stan stated, “What my brother said. No thanks. We are not interested.” He gestured with his hands, towards the outside door, as he continued, “So again, please leave. Though, we will talk about this, with our parents, when they get home.”

Yurika smirked, as she commented, “That is the thing about adventure. When it comes calling, you usually don't have a choice.”

Yurika held out her hands in front of her, parallel to each other. With the palms of her hands set a few inches from each other. And all her fingers, on both her hands, outstretch. The brothers then watched as blue arcs of electricity crisscrossed Yurika's fingers, and hands.

Lewis and Stan then turned to the other two teenager girls.

Mikoto has held out her right hand, with said hand was suddenly surrounded by flames.

A second later, the flames then immediately disappeared, and Mikoto's right hand appear under injured.

Mikoto said, “Don't worry, boys. We had no interest in burning down, nor otherwise destroying your home. Nor, do we plan to seriously harm you.”

On the other hand, the brothers then watched as Nodoka pull the moisture from the air around them, to form a staff of ice in her right hand, which she held at a horizontal angle to her body. With staff ends pointing in front and behind her. She stated, “But, the use of water, ice, and even fog, are not that immediately destructive.”

The brother instinctively took a few steps back from the three strange, teenager girls.

Yurika calmly requested, “Now, hold still boys. This is only going to hurt a little bit. Then, it is going to be a whole lot of fun for all five of us.”

Stan said one word, “Kitchen.”

Lewis replied, “Agreed.”

Stan and Lewis turned and ran towards the kitchen, with Yurika, Mikoto, and Nodoka right behind them.

A few seconds later, the brothers made it into the kitchen of their home, was directly connect to the living room, from a doorway, on the opposite side of the living room, from the outside door.

The three sisters calming followed the two brothers into the kitchen.

Just as the three sisters reached the doorway to the kitchen, Yurika was in front, as she continued to radiate electricity through her hands.

Yurika was the first to entered the kitchen. As she walked into the room, she saw

Yurika saw that Stan and Lewis was standing by the kitchen sink, across the room front her. Also, she noticed that Stan and Lewis smiling at her, as Lewis held the nozzle of the kitchen sink spray hose in his right hand.

Yurika also realized that Lewis has already pressed the sprayer, which he aimed it at her.

Less than a second later, the water came out of the sprayer, and it crossed the room, towards Yurika.

Yurika has just enough time to think, 'Oh hell.' Then, the water hit her, causing her powers to short out, as her electricity grounded to the floor.

Though, none of the water hit the other girls.

Yurika was not injured, as she thought, 'I hate when that happens.'

Nodoka asked, “Are you okay?”

Yurika stated, “Yes. You two handle them.”

Mikoto and Nodoka replied, in unison, “Okay.”

Yurika then headed back to the living room, while her sisters walked into the kitchen, to handle the brothers. With Nodoka standing to Mikoto's left side.

While the sisters slowly walked towards them, Stan did not want to wait, as he charge at the Mikoto and Nodoka.

Stan cocked his right fist. He then aimed his right fist as Mikoto's jaw, and he threw his punch.

Without showing any effort, Mikoto easy caught Stan's fist with her left hand, while she placed the flat palm of her right hand, against Stan's chest to stop his momentum in his tracks.

Mikoto smirked, as she calmly said, “Nice try, jock.”

Stan immediately realize how strong she was. He tried to use his left hand to free his right fist from her grip, but he was unable to do so. Fortunately, while the grip was strong, it was not painfully tight for Stan's right hand.

Stan demanded, “How are you so damn strong?”

Mikoto answered, “We didn't just inherit youth, and elemental powers from our parents. We are also stronger, faster, more agile, tougher, and have more endurance than you will ever have.”

Stan replied, “I wish I had known that sooner. I would have done things differently.”

Mikoto complimented, “Glad you are showing some intelligence in this fight. Now, if I was a sadist. I would burn your hand, right now. But instead, I will just throw you.”

Mikoto changed the grips she had on Stan. She grabbed the front of Stan's shirt with her right hand, while she let go of his right fist. She then quickly gripped Stan's right forearm, as she turned to her right, allowing her to throw Stan passed her, through the door way, and into the living room.

A split second later, Stan realized he was airborne.

A second later, he hit the marker board with Lewis' formula on it. As he knocked the marker board away, while he landed, he smudged a corner of the mathematical numbers and symbols.

Stan was still awake and aware of his surrounds, as he turned over onto his back.

Stan did a quick check of himself, to find that he was uninjured.

Then, he looked up and saw Yurika, whom has since found a towel, from a nearby bathroom.

As Yurika was drying off herself and her shirt, which she still wore, she looked down at him.

Yurika casually offered, “You know. You can surrender now. We didn't come here to hurt you.”

Stan asked, “Then, why the hell are you trying to electrocute us?”

Yurika cryptically answered, “We are just liberating you of your limitations.”

Stan remember an old movie quote from his father's video collection.

Stan began to get up, as he quipped, “A man has got to know his limitations.”

Yurika replied, “Good quote. But, you clearly don't know your limitations. We are just trying to free you over those limitations.”

Just then, they lost sight of each other, as smoke suddenly filled the room.

(_)

Several seconds earlier, in the kitchen, Nodoka approached Lewis, with her ice staff in both hands.

Nodoka saw that just as Lewis had seen where his brother landed.

Lewis then turned around, and he was quickly rummaging around in a nearby, kitchen drawer.

Nodoka smirked, as she casually, in a causal tone of voice, “You know you are out outmatched. So, what are you going to do now, nerd?”

Lewis pulled out a couple of items, that were in his right hand.

Lewis looked over at Nodoka, as he answered, “This.” He then threw down the items that were in his right hand, to the floor.

As the items hit the floor, Nodoka realized to late, that they were smoke bombs.

There was no explosions, as smoke flooded the entire floor of the home.

Lewis ran passed Nodoka and Mikoto, and into the living room.

Fortunately, Lewis had time to see where Stan had landed, and they live in their family home for so long, that Lewis didn't need his eyes know his way around his home.

As such, Lewis easily avoiding the furniture. He swiftly navigate the living room, as he gripped his brothers left wrist, with his right hand, as he pulled his now standing brother to the outside door.

And Lewis knew that it was his brother, and not one of the sisters, by the feel of Stan's cloth jacket, covering Stan's forearm.

When Lewis and Stan reached the door, Lewis used his left hand to quickly unlock, and open the door.

The brothers coughed a little on the smoke, as they swiftly exited the home, and heading down the outside stairs, and to their family car.

As the two brother safely reached the concrete floor, at the bottom the outside stairs, Stan congratulated his brother, “Thanks for the save, Lewis.”

By then, they were ten feet from where they had parked the car, in front of the home, on the crescent shaped, concrete driveway. With both ends of the driveway being on the road, and the middle of the driveway being set by the front of the home. There was even plants and bushes planted in the drive, between the two exits of the driveway, and to the sides of the driveway, and in the rest of the front yard. Except for the concrete pathway that lead to outside stairway, on the left side of the building.

As the two brother approached their red convertible, Lewis replied, “No problem. You drive.”

As the two brothers reached the car, Stan pulled out his keys, and used the electronic clicker to unlock the car doors, as he got into the right driver's side, and Lewis got into the left passenger side, of the car.

The red convertible's windows and roof were currently up.

A few seconds later, Stan has started the car. He then quickly had drove it forwards, as they exited the right side of the crescent shaped driveway. Next, Stan turned to his left, onto the empty two lane road of the neighborhood.

The neighborhood itself was a middle class neighborhood, with nice homes lining both sides of the street. With nice families living in the street. Though, it was late a night, and everyone was either gone, doing something in the city. Or, the were in their home, with doing something, or getting some sleep.

Lewis turned back to look at their home, as he asked, “What are we going to do now?

Stan continue to look down the road, as he drove. All the while, he slowly pushed the gas pedal further down, as the vehicle gained speed. He stated, “Let me think.”

Suddenly, Lewis saw with his own eyes, and Stan with the rearview mirrors, as the three sisters jumping through the living room windows and onto the front yard, with no signs of trouble.

The sister then turned towards them, and started running after the brothers, in their car.

Why keeping an eye on the road in front of him, and an eye in his rearview mirrors, Stan inquired, “Would it be a bad time to mention that Mikoto stated they were stronger, faster, and have more endurance than we do.”

Lewis answered, “No. It would not. I find knowing information. Any information. To be a good thing.”

Stan replied, “I agree.” Stan then noticed something about the sisters chasing them on foot. He answered, “Are they now doing what I think they are doing?”

Lewis replied, “Yes. They are getting closer.”

The sisters were gaining on them.

Fortunately, the road the they were on was a straightaway, with a traffic light two hundred yards down the road, from their location.

Stan smirked, as he commented, “Let's see if these girls can do ninety.”

Stan then pressed the gas pedal all the way down, making the car build up speed at a faster rate.

Lewis stated, “They are slowing down. They have stopped.”

Stan replied, “Good.”

Fortunately, the traffic light was green, and Stan slowed down, as he turned to his right side, and onto another street. He continued slowing down, as he finally was below the speed limit.

Meanwhile, Lewis turned around, to face the front of the car. He sat down in his seat, as he turned to his bother.

After a few more turns, they were a few miles from the house.

After Stan stopped at traffic light that was red, Stan turned to his brother, as he said, “Lewis, I have been thinking on your question. The solution is so simple, brother. We call for help. Surely someone we know is home. And if that fails, we hide with someone we know. Whom will help us. Until our parents come home, and we let them sort out this mess.”

Lewis responded, “Good idea. Now, let's find some pay vidphones we can use.”

As the light turned green, Stan pushed on the gas pedal, as he continued to drive to someplace they could make a few phone calls.

(_)

A few minutes age, on the two lane street that the Lowe family set beside, Yurika, Mikoto, and Nodoka were running towards the Lowe family car.

The three teenage girls then notice the car suddenly start to speed up very quickly.

Upon realizing this, Mikoto slowed down, as she ordered, “Girls. Stop.”

All three of them start slowing down, until they came to a safe stop.

When they did, none of them were winded.

Nodoka and Yurika turned to Mikoto, as Mikoto looked her two sisters.

Mikoto stated, “It is not worth chasing them. Though, we would likely catch them at a traffic light, or busy intersection. When we caught of with them, even with our abilities, we would likely be to exhausted to confront them. Or, we might spook them into causing a wreck, and we don't want them harmed.”

Yurika agreed, “You're right. And it was such a simple plan. Which was to show the boys that their normal life was a farce. And then show them the grand opportunities they have been willfully denied by their parents.”

Nodoka said, “Yea. And I hate it. when someone keeps secrets from their family members. And the plan was simple. We would tell them the truth. Explain both yours and their alien ancestry, and our abilities. Then, show them the gender bending abilities. Explain they have the same dormant abilities. Then, we would activate their genes, with a constant, low level shock from Yurika's abilities. And by doing all this, we would show them they have been living a lie.”

Nodoka turned to Yurika, as she continued, “Though, I am not that upset with you, Yurika. But, you messed up the order sis, and now we have them running away from us.”

Yurika turned to Nodoka, as she sadly replied, “True. This is on my head.”

Mikoto inquired, “Accidents happen. Yet, are we sure they can change genders? Even if their alien genes are activated?”

Yurika answered, “Yes. At one of the Lagoon bikini parties, I overheard Ed talking to our moms. She stated that genetic tests confirmed they could. And she was asking for our parents advice, should their gender abilities be triggered by accident.”

“I didn't get the whole story, but Ed stated that her sons secretly went to a nearby junkyard, when they were younger, and they built a working robot, together. She was worried that if they did that again, they might electrocute themselves, and not only trigger their abilities, but might get themselves seriously injured, or killed.”

Mikoto responded, “I guess our parents would be the ones to go to for advice on this.”

Nodoka stated, “Yes. They likely have the most experience in raising gender bending children. Outside of one of those gender bending plague worlds. And while, I disagree with them keeping secrets from their sons. I do admire that they care about the welfare of their sons. And it does show in the actions of towards sons.”

Mikoto commented, “Yes. Ed and Bob have raised to very well adjust teenage boys. But, that is part of the problem. They are not just teenage boys. They are latent gender benders.”

Yurika said, “True. And gender bending was so easy for us. Why would they not want to have their genes activated?”

Nodoka pointed out, “Well, we were three years old when we first started changing. I am sure that made things interesting for our parents. And our gender changing happened then due to our other powers manifesting. Because of this, we grew up thinking changing back and forth and between genders was normal.”

“At the time, we really did not know the emotional differences between girls and boys, when is came to behavior. In someways, we still don't know. And we forgot that these two are set as male in their minds. They view themselves as one gender. Seeing people that can change back and forth, between genders, like a change of clothes, is probably unsettling to them.”

Mikoto responded, “I think you might be right. And I think we were to vague on the latent gender bending abilities. I don't think they realize they could do the same things we can do.”

Nodoka commented, “That might be the case. Though, on that note, I am happy I don't change with water. And I only change gender at will. I am sure colds are no fun for either of you.”

Mikoto said, in an annoyed tone of voice, “Yea. You got lucky. Complete control and changing back and forth resets your cycle. While we have to be careful when we sneeze. Still, not having to deal with periods is nice.”

Nodoka said, “True. And we have so many other abilities, as well. Including, we will all remain young. It will just take a few years for your male sides to catch up with your female sides. And we checked. Unlike two of our parents, none of us will lock in one of our gender forms, because we will remain young in both forms. So, we got the best of all worlds.”

Yurika agreed, “I agree. Still, back to the brothers. I would not be surprised if they think women are weak.”

Mikoto pointed out, “I doubt that. We spent the last couple of days learning about them, from other people. We heard that Lewis has a female teacher whom he respects. And Stan treats his girlfriend well. Also, I think it is cute that Stan got his brother a date earlier tonight.”

Yurika agreed, “Yes. That was touching. Though, the worst part is we didn't get a chance to tell them about Bob's own abilities, and the events surrounding their birth.”

Nodoka commented, “Yes. The wonders of time dilation allow for it to only be a few months ago for us, when Ed and Bob both showed up at a Lagoon bikini party, with both of them pregnant. I am surprised that did not cause much of a discussion on the island.”

Mikoto pointed out, “Likely because is has been done to many times. It is an old hat.”

Nodoka shrugged, as she responded, “That is likely. And yet, we learned Ed, B, the Serenity crew, and Bob, with her youthful female side, secret. They were not coming as often as us. And for them, it was nearly eighteen years, when it was only several months for us.”

“They found the party schedule, and use to, they used the schedule, to adjust to their own time table.”

“And when we learned of this, we looked into the situation, and we found that our cousins has been completely cut off from what was going on. They had not be told, due to their parents misguided belief of trying to raise them to have a normal life.”

Yurika nodded a few times, as she stated, “I agree. The hypocrisy was just too great. That is why we are here. Still, there is no point in crying over spilled milk. We need to go talk to our parents and the brothers parents, before they find out on their own.”

Mikoto said, “We might as well head back to their home, and try to find something to salvage from this situation.”

Yurika pointed out, “I think I saw something that will help our argument that Bob and Ed's actions were a farce to their children.”

The three sisters them headed back to the Lowe family home.

(_)

A few minutes later, they had returned to the Lowe family home. The smoke has already dissipating completely.

The three teenage girls entered the second story living room, from open door to the entrance, on the outside stairway.

Nodoka shut and locked the outside door behind them.

Yurika looked around, and she quickly found what she was looking for. She walked over to something, leaned down, and pulled it up right. She said, “This is what I am talking about.”

It was the marker board with Lewis' mathematical formula.

Nodoka and Mikoto walked over to the board. With all three sisters looked at the formula, Nodoka stated, They must have been working on that before we came in. Still, this is beyond us. They truly are super-geniuses.”

Yurika commented, “I think this is that formula they were talking about at the diner. And from the looked of it, I think they cracked what they were working on.”

Mikoto pointed to the bottom right corner of the formula, that was smeared. She mentioned, “Part of it is missing.”

Nodoka stated, “Who cares? We can use this as our defense.”

Mikoto agreed, “True. Still, we are going to have pay for those windows. Though, since this is the second story, I doubt anyone is going to come in through those windows. From what we have learned about this place, this is a nice neighborhood.”

Yurika said, “Good point. And replacing the windows is a small matter. We have done a lot more stupider things than that in our lives, that our parents forgave us for. It is a good thing that aunt Ranma taught us how to do interior construction. We can buy the windows and install them without a problem.”

Nodoka stated, “Yea. That is understandable, considering when mom was a teenager, she, or he at the time, had to repair the home he was living in almost every other week.”

Three three girls giggled at Nodoka's comment.

As the sisters calmed down, Mikoto said, “Okay. We need to check that everything is turned off. I do not want this house to accidentally burn down. And check the outside locks, as well. Then, we will meet back here, and take the board with us.”

The three girls then split up.

After the three girls finished checking to make sure the outside doors were locked, everything was turned off, the girls returned to stand by the marker board.

They then moved the marker board to a clear space in the room, with the three of the continuing to stand by the marker board.

Nodoka commented, “Even though we all have a reality device, I will use mine to head to the Lagoon Island at the proper time, and place.”

The other two teenage girls nodded in acknowledgment, and agreement.

Nodoka then pulled out her reality device from her right, side pants pocket. She thought of the proper reality, place, and time, she needed to be on Lagoon Island. She then pressed the red button on her device. Then, she, her two sisters, and the marker board, disappeared, as they are instantly jumped to another reality.

(_)

Twenty minutes later, in another part of town, at a set of pay vidphones, Lewis and Stan were making phone calls to the adult friends they knew, that could help them out.

Their car was parked nearby, next to the curb of the street. Just in case they had to make a quick escape.

Stan was on one of the vidphones. A few seconds later, hung up his vidphone. He looked over at his brother, as he said, “B isn't answering her phone.”

Lewis hung up his vidphone, as he turned to his brother. He responded, in a disappointed tone of voice, “I just tried mom and dad's emergency contact number for the Serenity. No answer either.”

Stan inquired, “At least we got a hold Jet and Faye on the phone, earlier. But, they are on the other side of the system, and they cannot get to us in time. Still, where is everyone else?”

Lewis replied, “Don't ask me.”

Stan wondered out loud, “Who else can we go to for help? The police are not going to believe we were chased out of our home by weird, gender bending, superhuman, teenage girls. I would suggest my coach, but he has a family, and I don't want to bother him this late at night.”

Lewis suggested, “How about the professor? She is still probably at school. She says she enjoy the quiet there at night, as she grades her students' paper, on their freehand, mathematical formulas.”

Stan said, “Okay. We will try her. And should that fall through, then I will call the coach. And see if he will help us.”

Lewis stated, “I can agree with that.”

Lewis then turned to his vidphone, as he pulled out his ID card to pay for his next phone call, with a number that was a direct line to his professor's vidphone, on her office desk. He then held the receiver up to his right ear.

A few minutes later, Lewis got off the phone. He hung up the receiver, as he turned to his brother. He said, “She will meet us at her classroom, at the school. And we can get into the school, through the back entrance. Because, I have a key to those double-doors.”

Stan replied, “Good. Now, let's head over there.”

Both brothers then headed for to their family's car, which was parked nearby them.

(_)

Thirty minutes later, the two brothers reached the empty parking lot of their highschool.

Stan then parked their car, near the back entrance. The two brothers then got out of the car, and headed towards the back entrance to the school.

A minute later, Lewis used a key that Professor Cosupsir has secretly given him, to unlock the back double-doors to the school.

Lewis opened the right door, he thought, 'I have never. Not even once. Abused the privilege I had been given, by receiving this school key. And this is an emergency, so we should be okay.'

The two brothers then walked inside. And Lewis used his key to lock the doors behind them. Next, Lewis pocket his school key.

The two brother then made it to their physics teacher's classroom.

A few minutes later, they found the door to left, bottom floor entrance to Professor Cosupsir's classroom, to be open.

As they approached the door, they saw the room was still dimly lit by a lamp light, from the Professor's lamp, on her desk.

Stan was the first one to step into the room, as he jokely stated, “Knock. Knock. Anyone here?”

The professor, sitting behind her desk, grading papers, looked up at them. She stated, “Come in boys. And tell your teacher what is wrong.”

A few seconds later, the brothers to stand in of front of their teacher's desk. With Lewis standing to Stan's left side.

As they looked at their teacher, the white haired woman looked back at them, as she said, in a comforting tone of voice, “Lewis, on the phone, you said you were in trouble. But, you didn't elaborate. What happened?”

Lewis stated, “It has been a long night. I will start at the beginning. After we came home, we received a knock at the door. It was three teenage girls, whom wear our age. They claimed to be our distant cousins. And we were foolish enough to let them into our home.”

Cosupsir inquired, “Could you describe them? Did you get their names?”

Stan spoke up, as he answered for his brother, “Yes. There were athletic teenage girls. But, they had odd hair colors. The one with purple hair was named, Nodoka. The one with green hair was named, Yurika. The one with blue hair, with black highlights was named, Mikoto.”

The boys could have sworn that their teacher has muttered a single word, under her breath. The word they believed she said was, “Them.”

Stan said, “They claimed they were there to tell us secrets that our parents had kept from us. They even claimed our father was part alien.”

The professor raised an eyebrow in interest, as she questioned, with curiosity in her tone of voice, “Really?”

Stan answered, “Yes. And they had elemental superpowers. Like out of a comicbook. That is not the weirdest thing about them. They changed genders at will. Girl to boy, and back, in an instant. No illusion. They literally changed shape before our eyes. After that, a one sided fight happened, with us on the receiving in. Lewis, since you were the one that save us, you tell our professor the rest of the story.”

Lewis stated, “I got lucky, and I found some of our mother's smoke bombs. I used them to distract the girls, which allowed us to get outside, to our family car, and escaped. Later, we found a bank of vidphones, where we tried to call for help. We called everyone we knew. And they have either disappeared, or they are on the other side of the system.”

The professor slightly smiled, as she commented, in a joking manner, “Maybe they went to a party.”

Stan stated, “Either way. That is when Lewis suggested we call you. And I agreed. Our plan is simple. We would like to hide out with you, are your home, for the weekend. Until our parents are back Monday. We will then let them sort out this mess.”

Cosupsir complimented, “A simple, but effective plan. And I do not see a problem with you staying at my place. I do enjoy having company. Especially with those that are as intelligent as I am.”

Lewis said, “Good. While we are there. We can show you what we have done with the formula. With Stan's help, earlier tonight. I think we completed the formula. And I would love to run the numbers by you. You are the only other person, except for Stan, our mother, and I, that could understand the numbers. It would give us something to do.”

Lewis' comment gained the professor's undivided attention, as she asked, “You completed the formula?”

Lewis stated, “We think so. But, like all things. We need to double check our results.”

The professor coyly said, “That is great to hear. I look forward to reviewing your efforts. Still, it is time to make use of that knowledge.”

The professor the swiftly used her right hand to pull out a small stun gun from her dress. And she shot both boys with her weapon.

Both teenagers fell to the ground, unconscious. Though, they were unharmed.

The professor then got up from her seat. Walked to her left, around the desk. And she checked to make sure they were both unharmed.

After Cosupsir was sure the boys were fine. She learned back up straight. She looked down at the two brothers, as she smirked. She thought, 'Well, that went more easily than I expected. Now, to start the ball rolling on the next part of my plans. And I do love it when a plan comes together.'

'And I believe my two students are going to enjoy the next part of my plan. As an old acquaintance of mine would likely say. The next part of my plan will be out of this world.'

(_)

Hours passed, until the first sensation Stan felt as he returned to consciousness, was someone poking him in the chest.

While Stan opened his eyes, he realized he was sitting in a chair. The dim light in the room allowed him to see his surroundings. He saw a couple of people in strange, sci-fi black armor, and domed shaped black helmets. On of those individuals was standing right in front of him.

Stan thought, 'I guess that was the person that poked me. To wake me up. Now, to figure out what is going on.'

Stan quickly looked around to assess his situation.

Stan beyond the person that standing in front of him, he saw a person, in black armor, sitting in the seat in front of him. With another empty seat to the person's left side.

Beyond the armor seated person, there appear to be two seats, in a row, with people in black uniforms, sitting at cockpit. There was a large window in front of them, showing only stars. Meaning, they were in a ship.

Stan sarcastically thought, 'Great. We are in some sort of small ship. And we are in space. But, why did I still feel gravity? We are clearly not in a centrifuge.'

Stan then noticed that his hands were bound behind his back. As he tried to pull them around, he found that he could not, as he mentally noted, 'I am handcuffed.'

Stan looked around some more. Besides the window in front, there were not other windows.

There was a next hatch to Stan's right side, on the wall, right behind his chair.

While he could not see by himself, he did note that he was in a row two seat, with him in right seat, by the right wall of the hull of the ship. And Lewis in the other seat, to his left side.

Stan noticed that Lewis' hands were behind his back, as well.

And he noticed that Lewis was awake, with Lewis looking at him.

Stan thought, 'I see Lewis has his hands behind his back, as well. And I guess that person awoke both of us. Now, to check on my brother.'

Both brothers looked at each other, as Stan said, “Lewis?”

Lewis replied, “Stan?”

Just then, the guard that had awoke the brothers moved to sit down by the guard, in the row in front of the brothers. In the empty seat, in front of Lewis, on the left side of the ship.

With the guard sitting down, saw that the open aisle in the middle of the ship offered them a good view of the window in front of them.

Lewis commented, “I have a feeling that going to the professor was a bad idea.”

Stan complimented, “At least you are willing to openly admit to your mistakes.”

Both brothers then looked in front of them, and out the window, at the stars they saw in the distance.

Stan thought, 'Lewis and I are intelligent enough not to talk about escape while surrounded by those that are guarding us.'

Lewis asked, “Do you recognize any of those star constellations?”

Stan answered, “No. You?”

Lewis responded, “Me neither.”

Then, the ship pitched downward, and what window panned to something else that they could not believe they were seeing.

A fleet of ships in the distance that neither brother recognized.

There was so many, along with the window not showing all of them, that they could not count all the ships in front of them.

The ships in the distance were shaped a thick circular tube, with a giant thin cylinder stuck through the walls of the tube, until the cylinder exited opposite outer walls of the tube. Also, each of these ships covered in brown armor, and lots of large guns.

Lewis inquired, “Are you seeing this, Stan?”

Stan stated, “Yes, Lewis. Besides not recognizing the star constellations, I don't recognize any of these ships.”

Lewis said, “That is because, from the different constellations, and the look of those ships, and the gravity technology. We have either been captured by aliens from a distant star system. Or, we are not in the same reality. Given the work my professor had me doing dealt with reality travel. I am guessing we are not in the same reality, as our home reality.”

Stan replied, “That makes sense. Though, they look human.”

Lewis questioned, “I noticed that, as well. So, you going to finally admit that you believe in m-theory?”

Stan answered, “After this, brother, you made me a convert. I believe man. I believe.”

Lewis suggested, “Okay. We cannot do anything right now. So, let's see how this pans out.”

Stan replied, “Agreed.”

The brothers then became quiet, as the watched in disbelief, as they got closer to the in the window ships.

Over the course of minutes, as they got closer, the ships kept getting bigger. Until they started to pass by them, and the brothers realized that the ships could be measure in size, by kilometers.

Along with the very large ships, were slightly smaller ships that were the size of transport stations back in their home reality. Also, the brothers saw smaller shuttles and spacefighters fly by their ship, while in formation.

A couple of minutes later, the brothers overheard the pilots speaking to someone. They spoke in a language that the brothers had never heard before.

A few seconds after the starfighters flew by, the ship pitched to the right, as it headed for one of the very large, giant tube shaped spaceships.

Lewis and Stan watched though the front window, as they entered some a large shuttle bay of the large ship.

Stan asked, “Why does this remain me of the tractor beam scene of the Millennium Falcon, when the ship was being pulled into the Deathstar in Episode Four of the Star Wars movies?”

Lewis answered, “Because we are more screwed than they were. At least they had a jedi with them.”

Stan commented, “I would settle for a wookie, right now.”

Lewis countered, “Forget a wookie. R2 is the droid to go with.”

Stan agreed, “Good point. And that droid has seen a lot of action.”

The black armored guard seated in front of Lewis, got up. He walked into the aisle. He turned to face Lewis and Stan. With his right hand, he pointed with his right hand, at Lewis, and then at Stan. Next, he motioned for the brothers to looked at him.

The guard then held up his right index finger in front of his faceplate, to signal for the brothers to be quiet.

Both brothers nodded in acknowledgment, and the guard then returned to his chair.

Meanwhile, Stan and Lewis went silently, as they looked out the front window, Stan thought, 'I guess some body languages are universal.'

Half a minute later, the brothers felt as the shuttle they were riding in land.

A few seconds later, the hatch to Stan's right side automatically opened and lowered to the floor of the shuttle bay. With the door being located right behind Stan's seat, to his right side.

The guards stood up, as they motioned for the brothers to get up, as well.

Just as they brothers got up, as the guard that was seating in front of Stan, walked down the aisle, between Stan and Lewis. The guard then exited the hatch.

The other black armor guard, that had sat behind Lewis, point for the brothers to exit the ship.

Stan walked out of the ship first, then Lewis. With the other guard, that following behind Lewis.

The brother exited the shuttle, and walked down the steps of the hatch.

As the brothers set their feet onto the deck of the bay, they looked around. They saw they were in a very well lit, gigantic shuttle bay. There were several types of ships parked there, with people in different uniforms and armor, going about their jobs, in the shuttle bay.

The guard in front of them, turned around to face them. He pointed for them to follow him. He then turned back around, and started walking, as the brothers followed the guard.

The other guard that had been with the brothers, followed behind them.

The brothers walked side by side, with Lewis' so Stan's left side.

They soon passed though metal hallways, rode an elevator, passed through some more hallways, until they came to a door, which one of the front guard used a key in a code on a panel by the door.

The door slid open, as the guards lead the brothers inside the locked room.

The brothers saw that the room was very fifty feet deep, sixty feet while, and thirty feet wide.

The room was dimly lit by ceiling lights. But, there was plenty of light to see around the room. With no one light being brightly lit, but the number lights along the ceiling, that were lit, allow for plenty of illumination for those in the room.

Also, the room was very spared, with only a single black desk in the middle of the room, with a black, cushioned, arm chair behind the desk.

The walls had wall cloth tabards hanging on the walls. All the tabards showed the same symbol, which looked like the Soviet propaganda symbol, Beat the Whites with the Red Wedge.

The other other item worth noticed in the room with only a vase with white flowers on the left side of the desk, from the brother's current point of view.

The guards lead the brother to where they were standing beside each other, facing the black deck, which was ten feet away from them. With Lewis still standing to Stan's left side.

For the Lowe brothers, the most surprising part of their situation, was that the brothers saw that the person sitting in the desk, in her chair, was Professor Cosupsir, wearing black clothing.

The professor looked up at the brothers, as she smiled. She said, in a happy tone voice voice, in english, “Ah. I see you have finally arrived.”

She then stood up, and walked around the desk, to her right side, to greet them.

As the brothers got a full view of Professor Cosupsir, they saw she was wearing a black leather and armor suit, long coat. With only her head showing.

Cosupsir then spoke in the same language as the others, and suddenly, the guards took off the brothers' cuffs, and left the room.

The brothers brought their hands back around their front, as they rubbed their wrists and hands for a few seconds. They then dropped their hands back to their sides.

As the door slid closed behind the guards, the professor turned back to look at the brothers. With the brothers looking over at her.

The professor said, in a sincere tone of of voice, in english, “I apologize for the handcuffs. But, I did not want to risk either of you doing something unwise, right after you woke up. Still, are you hands and wrists alright?”

Lewis answered, “I am okay.”

Stan said, “Yes. My hands and wrists are fine.”

Lewis requested, “Professor Cosupsir, could you please explain why we are here? And who are you really?”

Stan commented, “Yea. I would like to know what is going on to?”

The professor smile turned into a smirk, as she spoke, in a calm manner, “Well, young Lewis, and young Stan, to start with, Cosupsir is not my real name. We will get to that in a minute. Normally, you would have been injected with translator microbes, so you could understand everyone. But, given your level of intelligence, along with your unique latent abilities, I thought it unwise to do so. Thus, I may sure that no such an injection did not happen to either of you.”

Stan stated, “Okay. We don't know what translator microbes are. And second. We are geniuses. Not mind readers. So, what is going on?”

Cosupsir just laughed. She then stated, “Boys. Boys. Boys. First, translator microbes are nanites that move to the brain of the person they are injected with. They allow for a person to understand the language of other cultures and species. They cannot be use to control a person. And they will not harm a normal human being. I know that as a fact. Given some humans have already used them, with no negative side-effects.”

“Now, as to your second question... Well, we have such great things ahead of us. As you can guess, I am not just a school teacher. And given the field of studying we have been all been working on, I am sure you have guessed that this is not your native reality.”

“My given name is, Scorpius. Cosupsir is just an anagram for my real name.”

“I am not human. I am Sebacean. An offshoot of the humans from this reality, that were taken tens of thousands of years ago, before modern civilization developed on Earth. To be specific, my people were taken by an ancient alien species. This is why the crew of these ships appear to be human. And while humans and Sebaceans can breed, and produce healthy offspring, there are differences when it comes to our blood and organs.”

“The aliens whom took the humans off of Earth, were known as the Eidolons. The Eidolons bio-engineered the humans they took, to become peacekeepers solders. To maintain order in the galaxy. And while most of the Eidolons have died out, the peacekeepers have continued their mission in maintaining order in the galaxy.'

Stan thought, 'Quoting Darth Vader is rarely a good thing.'

Scorpius continued, “And that is what we have become. Peacekeepers. We are one of the dominant powers in this galaxy. And a few years ago, due to myself being purged of... impurities... I found myself in a situation where I could finally take my rightful place as, Grand Chancellor, and leader of the Peacekeeper forces.”

Lewis stated, “Please understand, I am not disagreeing with you professor. I believe what you have said. But, I would think that running a galaxy wide nation would be a full time job. Where did you find the time to be a school teacher, as well?”

Scorpius explained, “A fair question, for those inexperienced of reality travel. Time dilation let me be in two places at once. The technology I have not only lets me jump to any reality, but also any place and time in that reality.”

“The technology allows myself to travel to another reality, or time, and spent as much time as I want there, and when I return. For those here, it is only five minutes after I left. So, this is also time travel.”

“And with my extended Sebacean longevity, which was further enhanced by a person named Chang, I have all the time I need.”

“Now, as to where we are. We are currently in my personal office, on the peacekeeper flagship command carrier, of my space fleet.”

Stan inquired, “If you could bring us anywhere? Why not just wake us up here? Why the tour?”

Scorpius smiled, as she stated, “To paraphrase what a friend of mine would likely say. A girl likes to show off what she has. I wanted you to understand that this is not a trick. No illusions. You are standing on an alien military spaceship. Surrounded by a fleet of similar ships. With stars constellations that you don't recognize. Crewed by people that do not speak a language you know, nor act like humans you know.”

Lewis stated, “Trust me, professor. Is it still okay if I call you, professor.”

Scorpius answered, “Sure. I do enjoy my role as your teacher.”

Lewis said, “Anyway, professor, we believe you.”

Scorpius saw Stan nodding in agreement.

Lewis inquired, “Still, do the peacekeepers control Earth of this reality?”

Scorpius responded, “No. I know for a fact that they barely even know aliens exist. I was there during their official first contact. For your next question. This is technically the past, compared to the time you existed in, in your native reality. Just under eighty years before your present time, in your reality. I believe you would call it, the early twenty-first century.”

Stan stated, “Okay, professor. You are an alien leader of a galaxy spanning empire, in another reality. I just have two questions. How did are our parents, and ourselves get involved in all this? And why did you choose us to work on the formula?”

Lewis spoke up, “Along with what my brother is asking. What is the big secret about our father that everyone is hiding from us?”

Scorpius complimented, “All good questions. I will start with the reasons I included you in my plans. It is simple. Resources and transportation. The problem is that even with reality technology we have now, we are still somewhat limited in a few ways.”

“Such as the energy that it takes to transport even a shuttle, is taxing on resources, in the long term. Outside of individual and small group travel, our current methods of travel are not efficient.”

Stan interrupted, “I can guess where this is going. All this is a plan to conquer to multiverse?”

Scorpius said, “No. Not to start with, I hope. I have seen what is out there, and my forces, though formidable, would likely not weathered in such a war. My plans are for commerce and knowledge. And to have such things, one must be able to have a reliable, though controllable from of travel. Giving everyone the small devices we use to reality travel would lead to chaos. What we need is a highway system between the realities. And while some such systems exist, they are hard to navigate, and nearly impossible to understand. That is where your reality's hyperspace gate system comes in.”

“It is doubtful that you realize this, but your reality did something that almost no other human species has ever done before, anywhere in the multiverse. I know. I have looked. Sure, there is warp travel. And spacial folding. But, for humanity to create a hyperspace gate system from the ground up is unheard of.”

“When it comes to hyperspace gate technology, humans and aliens species usually backwards engineer technology they found from the ruins of older aliens species. Most of these ancient, alien species have died out, or devolved to the point of being useless. And at their height of their civilization, they were very strict on what technology they shared outside of their species.”

“Also, these ancient aliens use esoteric styles of math as the basis of their technology. I have experience with such formulas, and they are extremely difficult to understand. Yet, unlike those formulas, the mathematical formulas for the hyperspace gate of your reality is so simple to understand that it is sublime in its simplicity and beauty.”

“I, and my science teams, have looked at the hyperspace gate system formulas of your realities. We all agree that the technology is workable, and could be used as a basis for a multiversal hyperspace gate system. Which could link much of the branch realities of this section of the multiverse. Also, the resources needed, and energy spent for using such a gate system would be very cost efficient.”

Lewis stated, “Okay. That explains your motives. But, I still don't see how we figure into you plans. You already have science teams that could work on this.”

Scorpius pointed out, “But, they lack your intelligence. I dare say, that at your full potential, either of you would even be more brilliant than I am.”

Stan said, “It is said that is it a high compliment for the student to receive, is for that student to surpass their teacher.”

Scorpius responded, “Quite true. And that is why you are here, Stan. You may lack the passion you brother has for the sciences, but you still have quite the talent for the such sciences.”

“Anyway, at the local date I arrived in you native reality, when I was looking in your reality's gate technology, I had learned that your family was currently living on Mars.”

“I had long since heard about you family. You of the Lowe family are quite the talk among several circles within the groups that travel the multiverse. Your parents made a lot of friends. And fortunately, very few enemies. You can thank Bob for that. He has always been diplomatic in his dealings with the people's of other realities. Even though, he has been caught in some very interesting situations in his life, that have effected the course of entire galaxies.”

“And when I looked into your lives, young men, I found out something interesting about the two of you. You have her mother's super-intellect, but you father's sanity. A wonderful combination. And I felt that given the gate technology was native to your home reality, as well. You both could be convinced to help me.”

'”Unfortunately, when I first met with you, four years ago, you were still young teenagers at the time. And you lacked proper education to help me. But, I realized that had the potential that would allow myself to teach you. So, in a clandestine manner, I subtly had your schooling being slowly increased to where your lessons would be helpful to the fine minds you both have. And my efforts have finally born fruit.”

Stan and Lewis looked at each other for a few seconds. They then looked back towards Scorpius, as Lewis commented, “I believe we missed a very important question, beforehand. How did you know about our reality in the first place.”

Scorpius said, “I was wondering how I was going to mention this fact to you. And you have just given me the perfect opportunity to explain. You may not realize this. But, this reality, and your reality. Along with every reality I, and the peacekeepers have charted, is a work of fiction of someone else's reality.”

Stan stated, “Okay. Gender benders I can grasp. They just make life more interesting.”

Scorpius couldn't hide her smirk.

Stan continued, “And realty travel. Sure. The math is there for it. We just never figured out how to do it locally. And galaxy spanning civilizations. Very possible. Neither of us are ignorant enough to believe that humanity is the center of the universe. Or, multiverse, as the case maybe. But, I find it very hard to believe that my reality, your reality, and all the realities you have been to are works of fiction.”

Lewis agreed, “Yes, professor. That is stretching it a bit.”

Scorpius let out a breath. She then stated, “I can understand, your skepticism. Still, you would likely find it intriguing to know that the fictional series that featured your reality, starred you mother, Ed, as one of the main characters. At the time, she was a child.”

“The series is a japanese anime that was made in other realities around the turn of the last millennium. The title for the series is called, Cowboy Bebop. And it is set In the year two-thousand seventy one of your reality's calendar. I have a copy of the series, for you both to watch it later.”

Lewis responded, “No thank you. I feel our sanity is being stretched to its limits, as is.”

Stan commented, “And I am not sure how I would emotionally handle such information.”

Scorpius agreed, “Wise points, young Lewis, and young Stan. And your father, Bob, has several secrets. Such as Bob is from another reality. When Bob was just a teenage video story clerk, in another reality, he accidentally got sent to this Cowboy Bebop reality. This event started his epic adventures across the multiverse. In addition, it is worthy noting that his home reality in an amalgamation of several fictional series.”

Stan asked, “I am not sure I believe you, but what reality is this?”

Scorpius answered, “I would like to tell you. But, I will decline to do so for right now.”

Scorpius thought, 'Though, I am happy I watched the Farscape series, and mini-series finale. I even read the comics that did not happen to me. Yet, I have to admire my counterparts style. And from watching my series, I realize how many things I did wrong. And I learned from those lessons. Such as how I am treating you two, right now.'

Stan muttered, “That figures.”

Scorpius commented, “But, I will say I learned a lot from my own mistakes by watching my own series, from a third party point of view.”

Lewis commented, “They say hindsight is twenty-twenty.”

Scorpius responded, “That is true. Now, onto Bob. Your father. Well, one of your fathers, at least.”

Stan inquired, “What do you mean? Are we half-brothers?”

Scorpius answered, “No. You are full blood brothers. But, I know this is going to be difficult for you to accept. So, I will walk you through it.”

Lewis spoke up, “Let me guess. This is the big secret.”

Scorpius replied, “Yes. As you human sometimes say. This one may floor you.”

The brothers looked at each other, as Stan said, “Not good.”

They then looked back at the white haired woman.

Scorpius explained, “To confirm some rumors I heard about your family, I needed some samples of your DNA. Getting your DNA samples from you two, was not hard. A strand of hair was all I needed from each of you. Unfortunately, given how perceptive your parents are, I made sure to have as little contact with them as possible. So, I could not get DNA samples from them. When I tested both your DNA, I found several odd results. Especially, when I compared the samples between the two of you.”

“Your chromosomal DNA shows that you are full blooded brothers, with no signs of any third parentage. But, when it comes to your parentage, your mitochondria DNA is reversed.”

The brothers realized those chromosomal test results can mean only one thing. And given what their cousins could do, it wasn't so impossible an explanation.

Stan questioned, “You are not saying?”

Lewis commented, “There is only one way that is possible.”

Scorpius stated, “Yes. You have the same parents. But, one of them is your mother and your father. And the other is your father and your mother. Your parents are gender benders. And I believe that medical equipment was used in your conceptions, given your parents obviously became pregnant at the same time.”

“Though, I suspect your mother, Ed, used a magical powder known as instant spring of drown man, to temporally become a man, to impregnate your father, as a woman.”

“On the other hand, your father, has a more permanent version of gender bending, like your cousins. And yes, it is caused by their shared alien heritage.”

“And no, the alien species in question is not Sebacean. I am not sure what alien species, or combination of multiple species, were needed to create that interesting ability.”

Stan put his right hand to his mouth, as he quietly said, “I feel like I want to vomit.”

Lewis used his left hand to rub the left side of his head, as he stated, “You are not the only one.”

Stan lowered his right hand, as he looked over at his teacher. He asked, “Do you know which of us, our father, Bob, gave birth too?”

Scorpius answered, “Sadly. No. As I said, I did not risk getting DNA samples from your parents. So, I have not way of comparing the results. Still, for any parent to be willing to go through pregnancy and birth, to have you, means they love you very much.”

Lewis dropped his left hand to his side, as he looked over at his teacher. He said, “We are not arguing over that fact. It has just been a very long day for us.”

While smiling, Scorpius replied, “I can appreciate that.”

Stan looked his right hand back to his side, as he turned to look at Lewis. He said, “At least we now know why we sometimes do not feel like we belong where we lived. Our father is from another reality. And he is part alien.”

Scorpius spoke up, “Only a small part. He is mostly human.”

Stan turned to Scorpius, as he stated, “Still, this is just too twisted to handle. It is just one bombshell after another.”

Scorpius commented, in a comforting tone of voice, “If it makes you feel any better. This is the last major revelation I have for you both.”

Stan replied, “Not really, but thank you for letting us now that this line of train wrecks have ended.”

Scorpius said, “You are welcome, young Stan.”

Lewis commented, “After learning so much, when this over, I am going to need months of therapy.”

Stan replied, “I don't know about you, but after this, I am planning to get as much alcohol as I can find, and spend the weekend in private with my girlfriend, to deal with this.”

Lewis turned to Stan, as he stated, “One thing is for sure. The next chance we get when we are together with our parents. We are going to have a very long discussion with them about the secrets they have withheld from us.”

Stan looked over at Lewis, as he responded, “Agreed. Also, this means we likely have different birthdays than we were told.”

Lewis agreed, “True. And you might not be the older brother. And that is one strange quark that dad has.”

Scorpius spoke up, “Actually, besides his genre savviness, and manners, it is the genetic genetic quark that I respect about your father. It proves how hybrids can be very interesting. Anyway, did the cousins inform you of the trigger?”

Lewis and Stan turned to Scorpius, as Lewis stated, “Yes. The trigger is sneezing.”

Scorpius said, “Good. At least you learned that. Your cousins, and their parents, are an energetic lot”

Lewis asked, “If the cousins is any example, then I am sure that is the case for their parents. The next question is. Who does our father look like as a woman?”

Scorpius answered, “From what I understand. This same genetic quark makes the alternate gender form be much younger counterpart version of themselves. As female, Bob looks like his own, younger twin sister.”

Stan inquired, “What do you mean, younger? Why do they appear younger in their alternate gender form. I noticed that with our cousins, as well.”

Scorpius said, “For your father, and cousins, when the gender bender reaches adulthood, they age normally in their original gender form, but remain young, in their twenties, in their alternate gender form. The gender they were not born as. Consequently, from what I also have been told, eventually, when the person reaches old age, they will involuntarily lock in their alternate, younger gender form, as a way for their body keep from dying of old age.”

Stan realized, as he commented, “That means that our hot, twenty something aunt, that came to visit, when our father was sick, was really our dad.”

Scorpius replied, “That is correct. Also, I believe that you should know that you both share this same genetic quark.”

The brothers became silent and still first a few seconds, as they absorb this current piece of information.

Stan then stated, “I do not want to be a girl.”

Lewis agreed, “Neither, do I.”

Scorpius said, in comforting tone of voice, “I would not worry. The gender shifting genes in you both are dormant. And from what I understand, the only way to turn the genes on is to be shocked with energy. Most likely electricity.”

Both brothers breathed a sigh of relief.

Lewis stated, “So, that is why mom and dad always kept us from working on electronics. They were afraid we would get shocked and...”

Stan continued for his brother, as he said, “I will give them credit on that one.”

The brothers then looked at each other, in horror, as they remembered what Yurika had tried to do to them, in their home, on a few hours ago, for them.

Lewis commented, “And that is why Yurika wanted to electrocute us.”

Stan stated, “We really dodged a bullet there.”

Lewis agreed, “Yea brother. We did.”

Scorpius commented, “Well, it looks like you have greater worries than being here. So, let us get down to business. I am looking forward to seeing that completed formula. I always knew that if you two worked together, you would be able to do accomplish this task. Though, even with that being the case. I did not wish to risk alienating you, young Stan, by attempting to wreck you sports curriculum.”

“So, I just waited, and hoped that when we got close. Lewis would either be able to accomplish this task, with my help. Or, Lewis would accomplish the formula on his own. Or, Lewis would eventually convince you, Stan, to help him complete the formula.”

“And I am happy that it was the last option. So, both of you can claim direct credit on completing formula.”

Scorpius thought, 'It is fortunate, that even through Ed and Bob learned of this forumla. They did not realize it was me that was the one that gave Lewis this idea. And while he was banned from working on it at his home. I just convinced him to work on it, at our school.'

Both brothers turned back to looked at Scorpius.

Stan stated, “Thank you. And I appreciate that you did not try to force me to work on the formula. Though...” He turned to Lewis, as he continued, “Though, since Lewis here is more your student than myself. I would prefer if he tells you what is going.”

Lewis turned to look at his brother. He said, “Thank you, Stan.”

The two brothers then looked at Scorpius.

Lewis commented, in a sad tone of voice, “I am sorry, professor. But, after all this. We cannot give you the proper formula, until we check in it private for a while. For any possible flaws in our formula.”

Stan said, “And by private, we mean not on this ship. Where our quarters could be bugged. But, at our home. Where we are sure our parents had swept our home of possible electronic bugs.”

Scorpius thought, 'I admit. That thought crossed my mind. But, I think it is best I not mention this to them. Especially, right now.'

Lewis went onto say, “We have very good reasons for being so cautious. If you know about the hyperspace gate system, then you know about its history. And how the first hyperspace gate explodes, literally tearing a chuck of the moon into an asteroid field that turned the Earth into a shooting gallery for the last several decades. And thus driving most of humanity from the Earth.”

“We are worried that if our math is not exactly right. And I do mean exactly right. We would cause another gate explosion, only this time across the multiverse. I think we can agree that would be a very bad thing to happen, for everyone involved.”

Scorpius turned to Stan, as she asked, “Do you feel the same way on this matter, Stan?”

Stan answered in a firm tone of voice, “Yes.”

Scorpius said, in a disappointed tone of voice, “I was worried you were both were going to say that. Well, until you change your minds, you both can cool your heels in the brig. Though, know that if one you decides to help, I will release both of you from the brig. And you are not my hostages. I have no interest in holding you for ransom, for you parents, nor someone else.”

Stan thought, 'That is a nice divide and conquer attempt. But, the stakes are too high for that to work. And Lewis and I know this.' He said, “I doubt we will change are minds on this matter, any time soon.”

Lewis firmly stated, “No, we are not.”

Scorpius replied, “I am disappointed to hear that, from both of you. And I do regret what I am about to do. But, it is necessary.”

Scorpius leaned over on the desk, and tapped a button on her desk computer terminal, to turn on the intercom. She then stated, in english, “Have the guards come to my office, to escort my guests to the brig.”

Stan thought, 'She used english for our benefit. And if those translator microbes are real, her subordinates will understand what she just said.'

Scorpius then press a button to turn of the communications.

As Scorpius leaned back up straight, she turned to the boys. She calmly said, “The guards will be here in a few seconds. I do hope you change your minds. There is still time to do so.”

Lewis commented, “Sadly, I do not think that is going to happen, professor.”

Stan inquired, “Let me guess, professor. Given the abilities of our cousins. You are physically more powerful than us, along with being better trained, and you could easily overpower us?”

Scorpius cracked a smile, as she complimented, “That is why I enjoy talking to intelligent people, such as yourselves. You clearly understand the situation.”

Lewis commented, “Yes. We do. And that is why were not going to fight you. The only thing we got going for us is being in your good graces.”

Scorpius continued smiling as she agreed, “Yes. And just for your information. I am not upset with either of you. You both made valid points. I just believe you are being too cautious. And that is why I am only sending you to the brig, instead of actually harming you. Perhaps you will change you minds on your own. And I will check on you, in a few hours. To see if you have decided to begin to view things my way.”

Less than a minute later, the door to Scorpius' office slid open.

Lewis, Stan, and Scorpius then turned to face the door.

They saw two guards, in black armor, and black domed helmets walked in. They had some sort of sci-fi pistols in the holster attached to the right sides of their belts.

Stan and Lewis did not struggled, as the guards pulled their wrists behind their backs, and cuffed them.

Scorpius ordered, in english, “Guard, do not harm these boys. Should these boys wish to contact me, allow them to do so. Also, have them share a cell. And please inform your coworkers of my orders.”

Stan though, 'Now, that was a nice gesture for our benefit.'

The guards stated something in their peacekeeper native language.

Lewis turned to Scorpius, as he said, “Thank you.”

Lewis and Stan turned around. And the guards then escorted them from the room, and towards a nearby brig.

Scorpius watched them leave. As the door slid shut behind them, Scorpius turned back to her desk.

Scorpius walked around her desk, and back to her seat, behind her desk. As she sat down, she thought, 'I will not do anything horrible to them. I even got rid of the aurora chair. In retrospect, that chair has caused me nothing but headaches, and trouble, in so many ways.'

'That is why I am using the approach of kindness, and patience, under my current leadership. Still, they do have a point about not wanting to have a multiverse gate explosion. I took the time to see what the gate explosion in their reality caused on that Earth's moon, and the Earth itself. That must have been an impressive explosion.'

'On a scale equal to one of John Crichton's more destructive actions So, I will have to check their math as well, before we do anything.'

'Just because they are being cautious, does not mean they are incorrect. The problem is just that they do not want to share their completed formula with me.'

'But, for now. I have other matters to attend to. While Commander Meka does a wondeful job of handling the day to day affairs of this ship, I do have a galatic nation to run.'

'But, I will check on the boys, in a few hours. As I promise.'

Scorpius then used her desk controls to contact the necessary people, for the moment. Whom she needed to contact. So, she could carry out her duties, as Grand Chancellor of the Peacekeepers.

(_)

Ten minutes later. After walking through a few hallways. And taking a few elevators. The boys were lead into a brig, where the guards opened a cell door, made of crisscrossed metal bars. They removed the brothers' cuffs, and directed them into a single, two bunk cell.

The beds were placed against the wall, one on top of the other. With enough space between the two, for the person in the bottom bunk to get in and out, without much difficulty. While, a person of average high could still reach, and climb onto the top bunk.

On the back wall, to the left of the bunks, there was also a toilet, toilet paper, and a sink, with a bar of soap.

As the cell door closed, and the boys walked over to the bottom bunk and sat down, beside each other, as they faced the cell bars.

Stan sat to Lewis right side.

They both continued to look at the cell bars in front of them, the hallway behind that, as Lewis said, “Perhaps, we should have just gone to seen the coach.”

Stan responded, “Nah. Now, that I think about it, with our luck, our coach would have turned out to be a retired government assassin from another reality.”

Lewis responded, “The sad part is, with everything that has happened in the last few hours, or so, I think you might be right.”

Stan stated, “Yea. You know, I think this all started when we built that junkyard robot, when we were twelve years old.”

Lewis commented, “I am beginning to agree with you.”

Stan said, “Yea. We built one eight feet tall robot in the local junk yard, it then went on a small rampage in said junkyard, and we never hear the end of it from our parents.”

Lewis responded, “Well, I still say the software we wrote was solid. It was a faulty solid state hard drive that caused the problems. Still, the mini-rampage happened in the junkyard. No one was harmed. No noticeable damage occurred. And the robot then severed its power cord, and then immediately shut down on its own.”

“And we then immediately took the robot apart.”

“The only reason we were caught was the junkyard owner saw us and what the robot did, and he called our parents on us.”

“Though, even dad found it cool that we actually had the abilities to build a robot, in the first place.”

Stan stated, “But, mom was furious. She grounded us for a month afterward. Forbid us from ever building another robot. And when she found out that we got the idea from watching dad's animation collection. She banned up from that collection for a year. While she also cut off our tv and computer time way down.”

Lewis said, “Internet withdraw is not fun.”

Stan commented, “No. It is isn't. I embraced sports as a way to deal with it. That, and I found sports to be a fun challenge. I mean science and math is just so easy for us.”

Lewis stated, “You're right. And that was why I was studying math and sciences from books all the time. I started studying high end level physics as a fun challenge. It was at a library, when I was doing just that, when Professor Cosupsir... I mean Professor Scorpius met me.”

Stan lamented, “And you then introduced her to me. Still, I found what mom did to be hypocritical, considering mom admitted that she hacked the computer systems of an entire planet when she was that age.”

Lewis agreed, “No argument there. To compound mom's hypocrisy, it is clear the real reason they didn't want us to build a robot was that we might have accidentally shocked ourselves, and ended up with the same problem as our cousins, and dad. If mom and dad, had actually explained that to us, we would have been more than happy to have not work on robots.”

Stan said, “True. The secrets just keep getting deeper with them.”

Lewis suggested, “Yes. It is sad. But, now that we know the truth about our alien genes, we can take precautions. Also, we may want to look into building some robots, if we have the opportunity to, as a way help us fight against our enemies.”

Stan replied, “That is not a bad idea. Though, this time, let's use quality parts. Including a stable solid state hard drive.”

Lewis smiled, as he said, “You got that right.”

The brothers then heard, a female voice, from the cell next to theirs, to their right sides, say, in english, “Hello. Who is there?”

Stan and Lewis looked at each other, as Lewis commented, “She knows english. You talk to her. You have better luck with women.”

Stan smiled, as he replied, “Thanks.” He then stated, in a slightly louder tone of voice, “You speak english.”

The woman questioned, “Yes. Who are you?”

Stan answered, “I doubt you would know us. We are find another reality.”

The woman responded, “I am, as well. So, informing me will not hurt your situation.”

Stan stated, “My name is Stan Lowe. I am with my brother, Lewis Lowe.”

The woman asked, with disbelief in her voice, “Ed and Bob's children?”

Lewis spoke up, in a slightly loud tone of voice, “You do know us?!”

The woman answered, “Yes. How did you end up here?”

Lewis explained, “Long story short. Our highschool physics professor on Mars turned out to be leader of these people. She kidnapped and brought us here.”

The woman inquired, “Is her name, Scorpius?”

Lewis answered, “Yes.”

The woman said, “Damn. You boys are in trouble. Serious trouble.”

Stan stated, “We realize that. So, how did you end up in here?”

The woman stated, “It is likely a longer story. I heard some rumors about what Scorpius was doing here, and I wanted to check those rumors out. But, when I snuck onto this ship, I got caught. I only let myself be captured because it would buy me more time, since Scorpius would be less likely to be informed of an intruder, than when the alarm sounded for a battle.”

Lewis agreed, “That makes sense.”

The woman went onto say, “But, now that you two are here. We have to get you out of here. Whatever Scorpius has planned for you, it cannot be good.”

Stan pointed out, “Easier said than done. First, you have to have the means to break out of your cell. Then, you have to fight you way through a literal army. Next, find a way to escape. And finally, find a way to leave this reality.”

The boys heard a snap-hiss, and then some metal hitting the floor.

A few second later, the cell door opened, and the woman they had been talking to walked over to stand in the hallway, right in front of their cells. With the woman facing them.

The woman had a slender, athletic build, with fair skin. In age, she appeared to be in her mid-twenties. She had brown hair, which was cut short, to her shoulder line. She wore a white loose shirt, loose brown pants, brown belt, brown leather laced shoes that were tied, and a loose brown robe over her clothing.

That was not the strangest part about her. She seemed to be holding a red bladed lightsaber in her right hand. Though, she had a calm expression on her face.

The woman smirked, as she stated, “Well boys, you are in luck. I have done this so many times, that I know it by heart. I sense that we have about half a minute before they get here, and the battle begins.”

Stan thought, 'Our parents taught us that if someone is doing something strange, while trying to help us, for us to not comment on it. And I, and I am sure Lewis, happen to agree with them on this matter. Well, it looks like it is time for us to get out of here.'

The boys quickly stood up from the bottom bunk, and walked towards her, as Lewis inquired, “So, you have precognition abilities?”

The woman answered, “Yes.”

As Stan and Lewis walked out of the cell, and up to stand a few feet from her, Stan commented, “That must be nice.”

The woman continued smiling, as she said, “It has saved my hide more times than I can count.”

Lewis stated, “Thank you for your help.”

The woman said, “No problem. I am happy to help Ed and Bob's kids.”

Stan asked, “How well do you know our parents?”

Annie answered, “I know them very well. And I am good friends with both of them, but now is not the time to talk about such matters.”

Stan mentally complained, 'More damn secrets. Still, given how cliché this escape looks to be going, I might as well ask.' He asked, “Ms. Please tell me that your escape plan does not including going through the garbage chute?”

Annie groaned, as she muttered, under her breath, to the point the brothers barely heard her say, “Why does everyone joke about those movies?” She then turned to the brothers, as she answered, “No. I have already done that way too many times. And I was never able to get the garbage smell out of my clothing.”

Stan responded, “That is what I was concerned about. I like my jacket too much to throw it away after this escape. And glad to hear that is not your plan.”

Lewis commented, “Though, I do hope you have a plan.”

The woman said, “Don't worry boys. I do have a plan. And I will get you out of here.”

Lewis replied, “By the way, what is your name?”

Annie answered, “Annie. And remember my name. It is going to be very important, later on. Now, come on. The sooner we get out of here, the sooner we can get you back to your parents.”

Annie turned and started walking toward the main door to the brig, as the brothers follow her. With both of the boy certain they were about to walk into a battle unarmed, and untrained. But, they also realized they had no choice in the matter.

Stan stated, “Looks like we have an adventure, whether we like it, or not.”

Lewis commented, “Let's just hope we survive this adventure.”

Stan replied, “Agreed.”

Annie continued walking, with her back turned to the brothers, as she stated, “Don't worry. I have escorted others with no combat experience through worse battles before. Just stick close behind me, and you both should be fine.”

Both brothers said, in unison, “Yes ma'am.” They then did as they were instructed to do so, by Annie. As they caught up to her.

And in doing so, the brothers took a giant step forward towards their destinies.

To be continued.

(_)

Author's Notes:

I had a lot of fun writing this chapter. Especially, the beginning scenes. From showing what happened to Shane Caxton. To the beginning game scenes, and the school room scenes, to the diner scenes.

On Shane Caxton. Of the entire Black Lagoon cast, I find him to be one of the most has a sense of personal responsibility and integrity.

When Shane learned from Garcia what he had killed the wrong person. Which, it could be viewed that he realized that he was lied to about the targets of those mission. He stopped his men from killing Garcia. And he then gave Garcia his pistol to choose to kill him.

Then, when Roberta show up, he and his men protected Garcia from her.

Later, Shane and his men did Rock's plan to save Roberta, while completely their mission. They were able to do both, though they suffered casualties.

And finally, in the anime, Shane is last seen at the entrance of the Lovelace home, in Venezuela, helping the Lovelace family.

Shane is likely the most positive example of concept, honor before reason, I have ever seen. Therefore, I believed that he deserved a chance at a good life.

I know people in real life that have a similar personality as Shane, when it comes to responsibility and integrity.

As such, I had to get Shane out of Chang's line of fire in Book Two. So, I made sure he would end up somewhere in the multiverse that Chang could not track him too.

I also gave Shane a loving wife, nice children, good friends, and a pleasant job.

Now, why I gave Shane the job of a american style football high school coach. I had a few reasons.

Given most of the culture the Cowboy Bebop series is a mix of U.S. and Chinese culture, it makes sense that american style football would survive as a sport.

Shane seems like he would have the personality, interest, and ability to be a high school american style football coach.

And it allowed me to make Stan a football player. I came up with the nickname, 'linebreaker' for Stan. And I liked it. Because it solved two problem.

First, I figured out what sport Stan would play. And it showed that he was so good at that sport that he has a nickname.

Second, it also shows that Stan is on the defensive line. Not, the offensive line. So, I avoid the cliché of making Stan the quarterback.

Though, Stan is dating a cheerleader.

Also, both Stan and Lewis' looks are decent. Not very handsome, but they are nowhere near being ugly.

I found the more entertaining scenes in this chapter, for me, is when the brothers meet the sisters, and find out the sisters' secret, along with the brothers learning they are out matched, to the escape scene, and after the capture scene, where the brother realize they are no in Kansas anymore. On, in this case, Mars anymore.

Also, the concept for the multiversal hyper-space gate formula was interesting to create. And given Scorpius' fascination with wormholes, the Cowboy Bebop reality hyper-space gate, and the math behind it, would be right up her alley.

Though, after the wormhole weapon event, at the end of the Farscape Peacekeeper Wars mini-series. It would make sense that

But, travel and commence are a completely different matter.

And I think most of you would agree, now being a young, healthy, pure Sebacean, with her intelligence and cunning, Scorpius would have no problems taking control of the Peacekeepers.

And while Scorpius is now female. She considers her gender change a good trade off for her now healthy, Scarran free body. And she considers her beauty to be a nice bonus out of the change.

On the formula itself. There is a very good reason why Stan and Lewis are fearful of making a mistake on the math. Because, if the math was incorrect on the formula, and people used to to create a multiversal gate system, it could lead to another gate explosion. Only, an explosion far more destructive than the hyperspace gate explosion, that destroyed a chuck of Earth's Moon in the Cowboy Bebop reality.

Stan and Lewis know they are playing with fire. And they are being very careful about the situation. This is way they are all about taking their time of the formula, and getting it right the first time.

And even Scorpius will admit to herself that she needs make sure the formula is correct, before she tries to apply it.

On a related subject. Yes. Like Bob use to be. Stan and Lewis are latent gender benders. And they did not know this, until Scorpius told them. Though, they had so much on their minds, they have not yet had time to fully appreciate their situation.

Now, given who Stan is. I figured giving him the number, “69”, for his team number, on his jacket, works on several levels.

Yes. That is a symbol of a sexual position. But, “69” can be view also a reverse of the Taoism Yin/Yang symbol.

And I could not think of a more fitting number to give to a latent gender bender.

On Annie infiltrating Scorpius' flagship command carrier.

Given Annie use to Anakin Skywalker, with her power, abilities, and personality, she the person mostly likely to go out alone, and check on what Scorpius is up to.

And yes, Scorpius realizes who Annie is. And she will be careful in her dealings with Annie.

Also, once Annie realized that Lewis and Stan were present. And given they were the children of her friends, she had to change her mission to rescuing them.

And yes. There is a running gag, that Annie of having to deal people cracking Star Wars jokes, in her presence, with some of those jokes being at her expense.

Though, she hasn't harmed anyone, over the matter, yet.

Yet, one would have to be crazy knowingly tease a woman that use to be Darth Vader. Unfortunately, most of the cast is likely passed being crazy, and they are just flat out insane.

Now, on the matter of Scorpius herself. Since the gender change in Book Two. Scorpius has done very well for herself. And without her Scarran side, she is much more calmer, than she use to be. This makes her far, far more dangerous. As you will find out in future chapters of Book Four.

But, like Scorpius in Farscape, Scorpius in my story is not completely evil, so much as morally ambiguous. Though, Scorpius has learned that torture will not get what she wants. So, she no longer does that.

Also, Scorpius has gotten even better adjusting her plans according to her needs. And Scorpius was already a master of this before. And she is even better now.

Until next time. Have fun.

up
36 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos