The Lyssa Kordenay Missions - Book 21 - Resurrections

Printer-friendly version

 

Resurrections cover.PNG
Book 21 of The Lyssa Kordenay Missions!
  Dannigan finds somebody interesting
 Other people have their own plans though.

WARNING: The Lyssa Kordenay Missions may be hyper-violent for some readers.

 

 


 

Resurrections

 

CHAPTER 1

Dannigan sat reading a file. The list of skills weren't bad. eleven years in service; raw intelligence analysis, battlefield deception, some cryptography, electronic counter-warfare, field forensics, small arms. Languages were French, Russian, Spanish and German. Stationed at Ft. Benning, Ga. and currently under MPI investigation for conduct unbecoming with sub heading; suspected deviant sexual behavior. noted were the locations of two bars in Atlanta.

A quick social network search turned up that both were LGBT clubs; Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual and Transgender. One even boasted to featuring the best DRAG revue in the south. Dannigan was reading between the report's lines.

Nobody really cared about gay or lesbian anymore. 'Suspected deviant sexual behavior' had been the terminology used to describe transgenders that had had been outed quietly. Most often they believed themselves safely closeted.

In short somebody doing something just as bad or worse blew the whistle if not out of professional jealousy, the reason why wasn't relevant. What happened next was.

Dannigan checked flights and cut orders for a hop to Atlanta. It was the weekend so it would be a strong chance of seeing the lieutenant out and about socially. Dannigan grabbed his go-bag and headed for the door.

 

Five hours later he walked through the door. He paid the cover charge and strolled inside. Many of the tables were occupied but he found a vacant one easily and sat down. He had a better view of the crowd than the stage which was ok, he wasn't there for the actual show.

A drag waitress came by, "What can I get you Handsome?"

"A bourbon on the rocks would be nice," Dannigan answered and dropped a twenty on the tray.

The waitress smiled and returned a couple of minutes later and placed a napkin on the table then set the drink on it along with his change.

Dannigan set the ten bill back on the tray, "big night tonight?"

She smiled big and answered, "Sure is Handsome! One of the performers was a big-time Las Vegas showgirl."

"Well then! I came to the right place for entertainment it seems," He remarked.

"Well of course you did, now what else can I do for you," She asked with a brighter smile.

He patted his pockets absently then frowned, "hmmm I had a cigar. I guess I left it behind, would there happen to be any for sale?"

"Sure thing. The bartender also works at a tobacconist. I'll see what he recommends," The waitress exaggerated the swing of hips walking back to the bar and returned, "He recommends this one. Its a North Carolina blend with a deep maple flavor and sized perfect for a gentleman such as yourself."

Dannigan ran the cigar under his nose and gave a nod of appreciation then handed it back along with another twenty bill. The waitress clipped the end, cut a plug in the center then handed it back. She struck a match to light it for him.

He drew in the smoke then let it out slowly, "I dare say the service here is exemplary, thank you."

"If you need anything; Karen is the name," she said then went over to take another table's order.

He slowly scanned the crowd and wanted to groan. Dannigan easily spotted a man with two women watching the door from across the room. Even though he sported a modified regulation haircut, he forgot to leave his 'I'm a military bad ass' attitude back
on base.

The two female MPs he was sitting with were doing better at not drawing attention even though they all stood out with the single bottles of water each and no interaction among themselves or other people. Not to mention the jeans and t-shirts. Most of the other patrons wore club wear or business attire. Nah; they didn't stand out. As inconspicuous as cub scouts in cat-house.

He had no idea why they called themselves investigators when the man set a small camera on the table top and pressed the top. Dannigan himself then allowed his gaze to meander to the other side of the room and saw who they were waiting for; the same person he was.

The lieutenant wore a modest cut blue dress and long strawberry blonde wig. Her date looked to him like either a professional fitness trainer or amateur bodybuilder. They took a table between his and the stage which was perfect for him, he could see everybody and still look like he was watching the show starting in ten minutes.

Twenty minutes into the show he asked Karen to hold his table for him, with the help of a twenty dollar tip, and slipped outside. It only took him two minutes to find the government car and another minute to flatten two tires. The spook then went back inside.

He mentioned to the waitress he needed the restroom and dropped a tracking dot into the lieutenant's open purse passing by then returned to his table a couple of minutes later. A drink refill request with another tip kept the waitress Karen accommodating. He also sent moderate tips to the performers via the waitresses then slipped Karen a twenty again, with compliment of service on his way out as the final performer took their bow.

~o~O~o~

Kim glanced around for the fifth time but nothing really stood out. Only her date Brendan knew she was in the Army that she knew of. The Army didn't like to send women into gay bars to investigate because they tended to be more sympathetic. Something felt off all night though, like she was being watched but couldn't see by whom.

The show was over so she told him she was ready to leave. They had a late dinner at an all night diner then he dropped her off at the apartment she secretly kept in Atlanta. She stood on the balcony. The air had cooled but it wasn't cold yet. Her cellphone rang and she saw a text message,

You and I should talk. The park is nice. No need to change Lieutenant, you're suitable as is.

Somebody knew.

With the feel of impending doom Kim picked up her purse and went downstairs to the small park across the street. A lone man in a dark suit stood looking at the fountain. she stepped up but said nothing.

"Penny for your thoughts Lieutenant," the man asked then tossed one in.

"Just two. who are you and what do you want,"Kim replied.

"Somebody that knows your career is just about over. It is Kim, isn't it," he asked.

"MPI? CID,"She asked.

"Does it matter," he commented.

"yeah, it does," she answered.

"Neither. I'm somebody that knows you have the code clearances: Arctic Blue and Iron Horse. You spent a week last year hanging out with Admiral Barstow's SweatHogs," He replied.

She was impressed, no check that. She was stunned. This guy had to be high level DOD to know all that. It wasn't even listed as a TDY assignment and as for the Iron Horse clearance, not even her DD 208 file supplemental mentioned she had it.

"So what do you want," Kim asked.

"You didn't see the three MPI investigators in the club tonight," he said flatly, "they took pictures of you Kimberly. I'm sure its not the first time; not that it matters. First time, last time. They took pictures to finalize the investigation. I'd say you have at the most a month left then you'll be called in for review and be given the choice; resign your commission for personal reasons or court-martial for conduct unbecoming: deviant sexual behavior."

Kim sat down on the edge of the fountain and buried her face in her hands.

"The world is not over Kimberly. Life goes on; if you want it to," Dannigan said then passed a card to her and left.

Silently she looked at the card. No name or affiliation, just a number.


CHAPTER 2

Lyssa stood on the deck drinking juice looking out at the waves coming in, a slow Monday morning. Rodrick was on a vid conference on the computer after their daily triathlon which he won for a change. Lyssa would be getting a video soon for the production of the Nutcracker in Washington.

Rodrick and his guys were gearing down for the winter. Not too many chartered around the Caribbean. They either flew commercially or had their own transport.

Normally he'd be settling in at the hangar for the holidays and she'd be making her way to wherever she'd be dancing for christmas. Last year had been London and the previous had been Moscow.

This year was different; they'd both be staying on Grand Cayman until the first of December then go to her main house to be close to Washington for the production but be back in time for new year's eve. It felt strangely good to be in one place for a long time.

 

Rodrick was changing though, he'd already worked on her car and yesterday she'd seen him inspecting the fence. if Dannigan were here he'd comment that Rodrick was becoming domesticated. She felt the vibration of Rodrick's footsteps across the deck and when he slid his hands onto her hips she leaned back against him.

"Well, service is pretty much shut down for the approaching holidays. The Gulfstream, Lear, C-130, Renegade and Bell helo will stay ready though just in case," he said.

"Pete looking forward to spending the holidays with his future in-laws," Lyssa asked.

"They broke up last night," Rodrick remarked.

"No way! what happened," She exclaimed looking back.

Rodrick grimaced,"well;she kinda spouted off. And your name came up. Apparently she thinks that she should have exclusive designer clothes, shoes and huge house on Nassau."

Lyssa rolled her eyes, "fucking hell. That idiotic airhead."

He shook his head then finished, "gets worse. An engagement ring worth thirty grand."

"Dear god, what the hell is wrong with her," Lyssa groaned.

Rodrick turned her around and looked at her squarely, "you still don't get it do you? She's jealous of you. She thinks I pretty much buy you anything and everything too. Pete's tried to explain how independent you really are but she won't listen and last night they really had it out in the middle of a restaurant. she left in the middle of the night to go home alone."

"oh no, what about Pete," Lyssa asked.

Rodrick shrugged, "He's moved in to the apartment at the hangar. All my things are practically here anyway."

The ringing of Lyssa's phone interrupted the conversation. Rodrick held onto her as she walked inside laughing then threw himself into a chair bringing her onto his lap with a light squeal.

"hello," she answered giggling.

"did I interrupt you two," Dannigan asked.

Lyssa laughed, "Not this time Major."

Upon hearing that Rodrick spoke loudly, "How the hell are we supposed to do anything much less each other when you call at any given hour Paul?"

Dannigan laughed and retorted, "get married and I might show some consideration."

"HEY; we're working on that,"Lyssa commented hotly.

"Speaking of working; aren't you dancing here in Washington for christmas," Dannigan asked.

"Yes, Madison should be quite excited unless she goes home for the holidays,"she replied.

Dannigan said, "Oh she already made plans for a christmas eve flight so she could see the show if you're in it."

"Box seats for three then," Lyssa remarked.

"might need to make it four," Dannigan told her.

Lyssa gasped, "you gonna have a date?"

Rodrick got up to answer the door after hearing the bell ring.

"what's up Major? you didn't call to tease us and pass the time of day," Lyssa asked.

Dannigan paused then said,"True, I didn't. I found somebody that I'd like you to meet but not right now. give a couple of weeks."

Lyssa went quiet for minute then asked, "are you recruiting?"

"maybe. too soon to tell," he answered.

"Something go south in a bad way," she demanded quietly.

"Not like what happened to you but there are, points of common interest," Dannigan said.

"Does Paul need you on a plane baby," Rodrick asked her, to which she shook her head. He held up a slim package indicating it was for her.

she nodded and took it.

"so what you're saying is; be prepared to make a social visit," Lyssa presumed.

"something like that," Dannigan said then disconnected.

~o~O~o~

"Morning Sir," The young soldier stood and saluted as Keith walked into the JAG offices.

"morning specialist, is Colonel Sanson in yet," he asked.

"I'll check Sir," the specialist said and walk back to the offices.

a moment later she returned, "The colonel has a few minutes, third door on the left sir."

Keith nodded and walked back to the open door and was waved in. He stepped in and closed the door behind him.

"Been awhile Lieutenant Thompson, what's on your mind," the colonel asked.

"I'd like to speak off the record Colonel," Keith said.

The colonel fixed him with a stare, "ok; off the record. sit down Lieutenant."

"Sir I'm going to ask a direct question and I want a direct answer; am I under investigation," he asked bluntly.

The colonel had been leaning back in his chair but now leaned forward and rested his elbows on the desk, "Thompson you know I wouldn't be able to confirm or deny that."

"with all DUE respect Colonel, don't sprinkle sugar on that shit and call it candy. if it weren't for me you'd never slammed the door on that captain ripping off the ammunition supply last year and I can prove that. Because of me you got those eagles on your collar. I can make them go away even faster," Keith said.

"You'd need video with audio to do that Thompson, don't fuck with me," Sanson smirked.

"I have it, now spill it or you'll live in the shitbird tree til hell freezes over," He snarled back.

The colonel no longer looked smug, "fuck. You'd do it too just for effect. Alright Thompson; the answer is yes. And before you even think about asking, no i can't make it go away."

Keith looked at him furiously,"I want the file. Who brought the investigation and why."

"you can get nuke codes faster, don't be a dumbass. MPI is stand alone and you know it. Look, you're under investigation for conduct unbecoming that's all I know," Sanson explained.

"Sonofabitch," Thompson snarled.

"Look Thompson, you're done from what they're saying. its airtight and nobody can stop it," Sanson said.

"Damn you," Thompson snarled again.

"Look I just fucking found out twenty minutes ago! Nothing came through this office at all until this morning. There's nothing that can
be done," Sanson explained, "They filed the charges this morning. Its now officially in motion. I'm sorry Thompson, you did me a favor and I would help but I can't. Its beyond me. Hell they won't even show me the file."

Thompson all but ripped the door open and left.

~o~O~o~

Madison sent the message from her terminal to Dannigan's then walked in,"Major...."

"Yes Madison I see it. They moved faster than I thought they would," Dannigan remarked.

"Its almost like a witch hunt Sir," Madison commented.

Dannigan looked at her, "like? No Madison. That is exactly what it is. Somebody has a serious mad-on for Lieutenant Thompson and wants him gone. The way this is going it means one of two things; pay off or payback."

"but who and why Major," Madison asked.

"I think I'll find out," Dannigan said and started pulling up programs.

 

It took six hours to sift through quietly to find what he was looking for but came up short. A tip off via burnphone. He kept digging until he found the number.

a burn phone that had a Columbus, Georgia number. the phone had been purchased at a national chain convenience store. By Five pm he was watching the video of the store's security camera footage. He hit pay dirt; within the time frame of the phone purchase. a man wearing civilian clothes with a ball cap and shades made the purchase. He switched to the exterior camera and forwarded to the time and watched as the man got into the passenger seat of a truck.

a quick run of the plate number revealed the owner to be a member of the same battalion as Thompson. He pulled up the still of the purchaser and ran recognition against all members of the battalion. Within moments he got a hit. a review of the soldier's record brought the puzzle together.

Reprimanded three times by Thompson for dereliction of duty and once for endangering personnel. Dannigan read the reports.

The guy came from upper middle class, played football but not good enough for a scholarship or to be scouted by a professional team. Parents were strictly religious though all indications were that he wasn't. Everything was spelled out in big letters.

Thompson had legitimate right to action against Benton, but Benton was being an ass about it. School records revealed barely mediocre grades, numerous write ups for class disruption, especially fights. Benton was a bully, but couldn't bully Thompson. so found a way to get rid of, rather than intimidate. this was all about revenge. Dannigan compiled the data onto a disc. Now to wait.


CHAPTER 3

two days after the call, Lyssa moved from room to room securing the house. Rodrick checked the outside then loaded the luggage into her car. Lyssa finally came out to join him.

"So why are we leaving early," Rodrick asked settling in to drive.

"I have this strong feeling that we need to be close to Washington," Lyssa answered.

"Ok. If you think that's where we should be then we'll go, never led us wrong before," Rodrick agreed.

He drove them from the house to the airport's private hangars and parked inside one. Half an hour later they were flying north and landed that evening at the private airfield outside Washington.

 

In short time they had picked up her car from storage and drove to her house on the beach. Lyssa switched her phone over to the local number.

"why do I get the feeling that our mornings aren't going to change even though we both know that water is colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra," Rodrick asked.

Lyssa laughed, "Because you know I'm not about to give you a minute of peace."

Rodrick gave an exaggarated groan as they parked in front of the front porch.

Lyssa hurried in and deactivated the systems then came back out to help Rodrick with the luggage and groceries.

"Answer me a serious question, "Rodrick said.

Lyssa was checking her messages, "Sure."

"what does that second system do," he asked.

Lyssa answered casually, "sixteen claymores and four containers of white phosphorous."

Rodrick sloshed some of the whiskey he was pouring and looked at her to see if she grinned. she didn't. Translation- she wasn't kidding! The house was a death trap to any who would be dumb enough to break in.

Rodrick turned on the tv while she was answering messages, "Hey! Monday Night Football!"

She chuckled at that then logged out of the website and went to start dinner.

They wagered a massage on the outcome of the game, which she won without even watching, opting to enjoy a bubble bath after watching the video of choreography for the ballet.

~o~O~o~

Keith Thompson couldn't believe it, who the hell could be ringing his doorbell at one in the morning.

Opening the door revealed the stranger from the park, "Well well...if it isn't Mr.Know-it-all. Its been a week now."

Dannigan walked in and immediately over to the central light fixture and pulled the bug from it then walked backwards to an air vent and yanked it open, pulling a video camera from it. Keith swore loudly.

Dannigan waited until he paused and simply handed a disc, "Today is the day they make their move. You don't have a snowball's chance in hell Lieutenant."

"Let me guess; you have a way to stop it. For a price," Keith said sarcastically.

"I'm not here to blow smoke up your ass Lieutenent. You're done in the Army and it came from within your own unit, seems they been compiling the 'evidence' for months and started logging it this past week. that's how I found out," Dannigan explained.

Keith sat down looking at the floor,"What can I do about this?"

Dannigan sighed, "I mentioned before; Life goes on. If you want it to. You may not be able to keep what you have but its possible to do better but its up to you Lieutenant. Today is the last day of your service in the Army whether you like it or not. Personally I hate to see a person as valuable as yourself go to waste. You know how to reach me if you change your mind; Kimberly. If it was me, I'd slam the whole lot on my way out."

Dannigan turned and left closing the door behind him and leaving the disconnected electronics in a box. Keith picked up his phone and made a call.

"Hey. You still have all that stuff from when you worked for that private investigator," Keith asked, "I'd like to borrow some of it and get your help tomorrow morning."

~o~O~o~

During the morning's PT formation Keith was called aside and told to skip PT and report to the JAG office in dress uniform at nine am. At the appointed time the doors opened and the MP walked inside with him then gestured to a table and chair. at the opposite table sat Colonel Sanson and three men he didn't know but all wore the shoulder patch of MPI. Five Generals sat behind
a bar desk on a raised platform.

"Be seated Lieutenant, we'll begin," the general seated center announced.

"I see no defending counsel General," Thompson pointed out.

The General ignored the protest, "You may present your evidence."

The MPI captain stepped forward and presented a file," Lieutenant Thompson was observed on multiple occasions frequenting social establishments in Atlanta catering to gay/lesbian/ transgender people in attire inappropriate to an officer of his gender; conducting himself in behavior also inappropriate to an officer of his gender, as well as forays of shopping in said manner to sustain such conduct. At this time such activities constitute the charges: Conduct Unbecoming of an officer; Deviant Sexual Behavior, Misrepresentation by an Officer and Gross Insubordination by an Officer. Grounds for discharge by Court Martial."

Keith surged forth, snatched the file and shuffled through the photos and found what he was looking for and held it up, "This was taken in my civilian apartment from inside! where's the civilian warrant Captain?"

The General in the center bellowed, "LIEUTENANT! You will return to your seat IMMEDIATELY!"

Keith reached behind his back and drew his personal pistol and thumbed back the hammer and pressed the muzzle to the groin of the Captain.

"Fuck off. You forgot to get a warrant from a civilian judge, shit for brains. Somebody thinks they have balls that clank it seems. I have no problem fixing that," he said coldly.

"HOW DARE YOU BRING A WEAPON INTO A HEARING," another General demanded.

"Hearing? What hearing? this is a bullshit kangaroo fuck-up in direct violation of military law that will not be recognized as official in any way. I'll have the name of the criminal son of bitch who authorized this illegal operation now, as well as the instigator of it or I'll pull the trigger Captain ClusterFuck and you won't have to worry about having those balls anymore," Keith replied coldly.

The General seated at the end answered, "I authorized it! We have enough problems with the fags and dikes as it is but I won't allow drag queens to prance around pretending to be worthy of a commission! I received the tip from private Benton whom you've harassed."

"Private Benton who has been official reported as derelict in duty by the Company Commander and for endangering troops by a Brigade Commander that I was under orders to document? I know he has a personal ax to grind because he's stupid and unfit for the uniform, but you have no excuse and are unworthy of those stars," Keith pointed out.

Keith smiled and showed the empty magazine well of the pistol, walked back to the table and lifted his class-A cap to reveal a video camera.

Keith picked up both, "This'll be on all the news networks by the end of the day. Its being uploaded to the internet now by a friend. Every single one your careers are over. You assholes may have killed my career but I'm taking each and every single one of you with me. I already resigned my commission; I refuse to serve with the same traitorous fascists I'm sworn to defend this nation against. I'm going to take those stars away you bastard."

Keith strode from the room as an argument ensued about why hadn't he been searched for weapons and recording devices and how to stop the news networks from running the story. He'd already removed all personal effects from his office during PT. Before reporting to JAG he went to the Division Headquarters and dropped off the time sensitive marked packet containing his resignation at the duty officer and received the confirmation of receipt.

 

He passed by the battalion and saw the private standing in front, laughing and making gestures in a group of other soldiers. Keith parked and slipped up close to them.

"Benton," Keith said from behind him.

The arrogant enlisted turned laughing, "what?"

Keith punched him squarely in the face then kicked him in the groin.

"I knew you were a no-balls pussy loser but you took scum to a new level," Keith snarled then grabbed him by the head and rammed his knee to the man's forehead.

Satisfied, Keith then left post via the main gate.

~o~O~o~

"HOLYYYYYYY FUUUUUCK! LYSSAAAAAA! YOU NEED TO SEE THIS," Rodrick called from the living room.

Lyssa walked from the studio into the living room and looked to the tv. the lead story of the evening news was the fiasco of an attempted court martial of an army officer for being transgender. Seemed there had been unlawful breaking and entering of a civilian residence to gather inadmissible evidence and no defending counsel as well as various other things including one general going on record using gay-bashing slurs.

The Pentagon was refusing to comment; which was really shooting themselves in the foot.

Rodrick looked to Lyssa, "You don't suppose this has anything to do with Paul wanting us to be stateside do you?"

Lyssa didn't even get a chance to answer as her phone rang.

She answered it on the second ring,"Hello. yeah we saw. ok, I'll get cleaned up and changed."

She disconnected and turned to Rodrick.

"That was Paul,"he stated.

"Yeah, he wants me at the office and you to go to Atlanta, Georgia to pick up that lieutenant and himself to fly back here," Lyssa replied.

Lyssa unlaced her pointe shoes and went to the bedroom to return wearing a pair of black heels and carrying her purse. Rodrick pulled on a pair of snake skin western boots, grabbed his satphone and keys. before they even pulled out onto the road he'd called the airfield and had them start getting his plane ready. Lyssa dropped him off and watched him take off then returned to the house to shower and change.


CHAPTER 4

Keith looked out the window after the pilot's announcement,"We're on final approach now, buckle up back there."

After landing and getting out, a tired looking well dressed woman greeted and directed them to a silver SUV. Keith thought to himself that she must be the pilot's girlfriend seeing them hug and he got into the passenger seat as the man who referred to himself as Major Dannigan settled in the back.

Curiously she didn't join them at the building they were dropped off at but the pilot led the way inside.

"You said things could be better if I wanted it," Keith said,"What did you mean by that?"

"well Lieutenant you can't serve in the military and no other intelligence service will go anywhere near you, but instead of taking your life back per se, what about taking on the life you want, with some concessions," Dannigan stated.

"Concessions? what concessions," Keith asked confused.

"I'd say its fairly safe to assume that you want to leave behind your male life and pursue the life of a woman. Wouldn't you," Dannigan asked as the elevator chimed and opened letting them out.

"yeah, I would. Not that it would matter now, all hopes for a career of any kind are done for thanks to the Army not to mention my stunt with the video," Keith answered.

Rodrick said casually, "what if somebody that had it worse than you had done exactly that; claim a new life and become not only become a great person but have three solid careers at the same time with nobody the wiser?"

Keith stopped in front of a set of double doors and looked at him," Yeah right. Like that could really be possible."

Dannigan gestured to the doors. Keith opened one and walked in, it was closed behind him leaving him alone. A blonde woman turned from looking out the window and walked forward.

"Hello Lieutenant. I understand you doubt the possibility of a successful life after such a disaster. I'll be happy to prove you wrong, I'm Lyssa Kordenay," Lyssa smiled.

~o~O~o~

Madison returned with a pizza box and passed it to Rodrick and fussed at him,"hey now....no butts on MY desk."

Rodrick chuckled and stood up then looked at Dannigan, "hey pay the lady, its your fault i missed out on dinner at home with my fiance."

Dannigan laughed as well and passed the money to Madison.

"What do you think Major," Madison asked.

"taking things alot better than Lyssa did. I find it strange though," Dannigan answered between bites of pizza.

Rodrick asked,"how so paul?"

Dannigan chewed for a minute then washed down the pizza with some coffee," Well you have to remember that Lyssa got the rawest deal ever. sold out, captured on mission, tortured for a week and then tossed aside because of that."

Madison gasped, "Dear god, that's why she was always so angry? I never understood."

Dannigan wiped his mouth with a napkin and explained," Now you know why Lyssa had a mad-on for Ramon Padosa; it was his cartel."

Madison thought for a minute then said softly," Congressman Alkowitz."

Dannigan and Rodrick both nodded.

"Lyssa got her revenge but it took years to get there," Dannigan reminded her.

She remembered the incident and said nothing.

Rodrick took over then, "Lyssa went from one of the top operators in the U.S. military to nothing in a matter of days and the shell shock from her capture was still working her over hour by hour plus the fact that the Army wasn't dealing with her at all. She was done. They'd pretty much wrote her off for dead when the mission went FUBAR. The only reason they rescued her to prevent the hemorrhaging of information. Rescue if possible; liquidate if necessary were the orders."

Madison looked shocked,"that's horrible!"

"That's the world of Black Ops Madison. We volunteered for it and know the stakes. Dying on mission isn't a problem for any of us. The problem comes not from the enemy getting lucky but rather our friends betraying us to them," Rodrick explained," That's why Lyssa kept taking missions, she believes its the right thing to do and she can do it. Better than anybody else, proved that too."

~o~O~o~

Lyssa stood silently waiting the initial shock to pass from Keith Thompson.

Finally Keith sputtered, "You? The Lyssa Kordenay? The model; the ballerina. I don't understand."

"I was once in the Army. Special Operational Detachment Delta team: DemonWraiths," she said.

The shock was replaced with confusion, "The DemonWraiths are only a rumor. Hell Deltas are all men still. How could you be one? oh. OH! No way!"

"That was a lifetime ago,"Lyssa smiled, "this is what was underneath. This is the real me."

"How," Keith asked.

"It took time, almost three years to change and train. Then another to establish myself internationally. I went operational again during that time and haven't quit, even found time to enjoy life. Found love too," she explained.

"That's unbelievable," Keith said in awe.

Lyssa stepped closer, "I may be the only one of my kind, but will someone named Kimberly be following close to my footsteps?"

Keith asked, "How do we get started?"

"Give Madison all of your keys and the addresses and phones," Lyssa instructed, "I won't lie to you. This process will hurt. I didn't do a normal transition and neither will you. This is excellerated. Because of your current appearance, you'll feminize faster than I did. By christmas you'll pretty much be done. except for final surgery. I will say that you'll have it easier and faster than I did."

"Lyssa this is fucking october the first," Keith stated.

Lyssa didn't blink. Keith now understood, apparently some project ended up having unforeseen side-effects that could be exploited for this purpose.

Lyssa explained," you'll be smuggled down to the Caribbean until its time for final surgery. You'll be on an island but not alone, somebody else will be there to kinda keep you company and safe. but first you'll get a series of injections and also a facial surgery. There's a house in Georgetown that you'll stay at while things are in motion, but know this; only the people from this office can know the whole truth. There will be no more contact with anybody, ever. Do you agree? Keith? or Kimberly? Take time and think about it."

Lyssa walked over to the doors and stepped out.

 

Dannigan watched as Lyssa sat on Rodrick's lap and stole his slice of pizza.

Madison giggled," What's her's is her's and what your's is her's. Get used to it"

Rodrick protested, "hey that ain't no where near being right."

Lyssa and Madison laughed.

"It may be two on two here but I feel outnumbered Rod," Dannigan chuckled.

Madison looked to Lyssa, "what do you think Lyssa?"

Lyssa dabbed around her lips with a napkin, "never assume."

Madison nodded at that, it was a phrase used often. She understood its meaning; just when you think its all figured out you suddenly realize you got it all wrong. the lesson: don't leave to chance, go with certainty. Lyssa was proof of that and was damn lucky to be alive to impart that knowledge. The moral of her story is; If somebody isn't going along on the mission then they don't need to know about it.

 

Dannigan looked to the doors as they opened and Keith walked out.

He looked to Dannigan and said,"I want in Major."

Lyssa looked at Keith intently for a moment then nodded to Dannigan.

"You're in," Dannigan stated then looked to Madison, "Take the Lieutenant over to the apartment in Georgetown and you can have the day off if you drop off some supplies by noon."

"I can do that," Madison answered then picked up her purse.

"See you later," Keith asked.

"yeah, you'll see me later on but not today. Do us a favor though, stay indoors while here, the backyard is private though; Kimberly Susan Moore," Lyssa said.

Keith smiled and nodded then followed Madison out, picking up the small carry-on bag.

Dannigan waited until after the elevator door had closed and looked over to Lyssa and Rodrick, "Project Chrysalis has restarted."

Lyssa said,"I'll work up a program and list of supplies."

"I'll have Eddie, my mechanic, get that spare trailer set up next to the hangar," Rodrick added.

"Sounds good, stop in tomorrow afternoon," Dannigan concluded.

Lyssa stood up as did Rodrick. They held hands heading for the elevator even though Rodrick snagged another slice of pizza making Dannigan chuckle.
 
 
 

Lyssa Kordenay will return in Sisters and Nightmares!!!
up
526 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hum

iamaredneck07's picture

So a new deadly female assassin
I wonder will she be a bridesmaid

01010111 01100101 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100111 01101111 01100100 01100100 01100101 01110011 01110011 01100101 01110011

BZZZZZZzzzT!

Alecia Snowfall's picture

wrong answer. Thank you for playing.

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

Go back to the top

When Dannigan was looking at Kieth/Kimberly's files there is the answer. Kimberly is an It computer specialist and will probably be used as such for Lyssa's team.

So, Lyssa is getting a little sister.....

D. Eden's picture

It looks like I joined the wrong service. I wonder if they take volunteers from the Navy?

I really didn't expect this development in the story. The next week until the next installment is posted is going to be tough; patience has never been my strongest trait.

Oh, by the way, I loved the scene in the hearing - not to mention Kimberly exacting her revenge on Benton. Unfortunately, assholes like him seem to weasel their way into even the best units. I had one too - it took me about four weeks to get rid of him. Ultimately, I just had to use the magic words......"I want that sorry excuse for a Marine out of my unit Gunnery Sargeant."

It's amazing how just using the magic words makes things happen. Well, that and a good non-com anyway.

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

ah you missed

Alecia Snowfall's picture

you missed it my sister, Keith/Kimberly was forced out of service. Lyssa's previous identity was medically discharged and now deceased, Rodrick resigned his commission and has a shady reputation, Dannigan retired( if that's who he is) and Kimberly has now resigned her commission. This is how the Office of Immediate Covert Actions works. Its members are off the books in some form or fashion. This practice is typical of Intelligence Agencies. Operatives are listed as separated from service by discharge, retired, deserters, or deceased and provided with new identities(legends). Sometimes multiple backstopped covers. example: a south african mercenary that was a wanted criminal in Mexico, that is a deserter of a military branch of the U.S.

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

Yeah, I know.....

D. Eden's picture

But who said I wouldn't be willing to pretty much do anything if I had been offered a pathway to being myself 25 years ago. In all honesty, I would have jumped at the chance - there wasn't really anyone whose life would have been ruined by my disappearing - and the only people I would have missed were my Marines and Sailors.

Yeah - leaving them would have hurt. But I still would have done it.

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Valkyrie or not that is the question

I was poached before I ever manage to enlist straight out of my freshman year at military university I went to work for a no-name “independent” ( we were open through at least eight or nine shell companies by several alphabet agencies; I know we work for CIA DOD DIA the state department NSA and several others ) contracting firm I saw 56 countries in four years had combat in all but one when I finally got out due to A broken back into places and shattered knee from falling out of a helicopter in Iraq there were only four left alive from my original unit of 13

Again

Dahlia's picture

So once again Lyssa comes to the rescue, albeit in a different form. Is it true that there is such a form of transition that could do everything but the GRS in 2 months? Wow if that is true, I'd love to be an unpaid volunteer please. I'm hoping that we will get to witness a transformation such as Lyssa herself went through?

As always, I'm loving every word of this tale. Thanks again so very much.

Dahlia

Sorry

Alecia Snowfall's picture

as far as I know there hasn't been a military or civilian project that would feminize someone in that time span. Sure would be COOL if there was huh? In the world of The Lyssa Kordenay Missions some things really do exist, some don't. DARPA does a lot of things though, who knows what the future may hold.

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

2 months seem a little fast for me

My main concern is the stress on the body. The natural change over takes place over many months even for the 'magical summer' genetic girls go through. To reverse a complete male puberty on top of a maturation would hit a body pretty hard in a 2 month span.

Lyssa did say it would hurt.

D. Eden's picture

But to your point, I think hurt is downplaying it. In order to change a human body that much, that quickly, I'm thinking hurt is a serious understatement.

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

As well as pain...

You'd likely have to have almost constant medical supervision and blood samples taken daily (at least) to ensure the mediations do their work without screwing up the rest of your biochemistry and causing serious long term problems.


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

so Lyssa's cover is model,

so Lyssa's cover is model, prima ballerina, actress
what will Kimberely's be

huh?

Alecia Snowfall's picture

actress? where did that come from?

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

5 Generals at the kangaroo court?

5 General officers at the kangaroo court?

It is likely retribution for the ammo theft bust, orchestrated by one or more of the quiet generals. The bigoted one and Benton were likely instigated into action by playing on their emotions.

This rot went deep. Wonder if it will be thoroughly investigated?

Pete and kim

zulu mack's picture

Pete and Kim sitting on a treetop K I S S I N G now we learn Lyssa's past

Looks like a makeover

GypsyWoman's picture

Makeover with power punch. Done by x-mas not bad at all. Wonder what will go on that island. Well I will wait and see.

Kat H

yes

Bless you, my child. I have missed LYSSA and co.

Cool!

WillowD's picture

Lysa got a fiancee and mission partner. Now she's getting a sister and an additional mission team member.

OICS gains another member

So, so far we've got Dannigan and Madison at HQ, who've recruited Lyssa, Roderick (along with Pete and Carl for transport but not front line) and now Kimberley.


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!