In the soup

Printer-friendly version

In the soup

You ever do something without thinking it through, and find yourself in deep trouble?

Well I sure did.

It started with me finding a book on astral projection. I really didn’t believe it, but I thought I’d give it a try anyway.

It worked.

I found myself floating above my body, and I “flew” out the window into the city.

I wasn’t looking for anything in particular, but when I saw a wedding celebration going on not far away, I couldn’t resist a closer look.

I was startled to realize I knew the bride and groom - I’d gone to high school with them. They’d been the Alpha couple at my school, so different from the lonely nerd boy I had been.

The celebration was winding down, and then the groom thanked everyone for coming, and he and the bride began to leave.

In my astral form, I followed.

They went to a hotel, kissed and giggled for a while, and then started getting undressed.

And that’s when I made my big mistake.

I wanted to experience what the groom was about to do, so I came close, planning to merge my astral self into his body.

I’m not gonna say that wasnt anything but selfish and wrong of me. But I got punished for it, if that makes you feel any better.

It started with me instead of merging with him, I found my astral self inside her.

The next hour or so was ... weird, wrong ... and I’m not gonna lie, it felt good too.

When the bride finally fell asleep, I figured I needed to take advantage and get my astral butt out of there.

But I found I couldn’t. Instead I got drawn in deeper into her, until I was in her womb, where I realized she had just become pregnant. and the tiny collection of cells were pulling me into it, like a whirlpool pulls a swimmer down.

A moment later I was merged with it, and unable to pull my astral self out.

So here I sit, watching the baby develop around me, apparently with no choice but to hang on for the ride ahead.

And to make it even weirder, the baby’s gonna be a girl ...

End.

up
163 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This is a very different idea

This is a very different idea from anything I have read here on BCTS before, so congratulations for finding something NEW. I do hope that you can develop the story further, as it contains all kinds of possibilities that would be fun to follow up. As it stands, as a one-off short story, it is a bit stark, so if I may, I would urge you to build on it more.

If your character's awareness could describe her feelings in her new situation somehow, it would be very worthwhile to explore further.

Thanks for this totally new idea.

Briar

thanks, Briar

If my muse permits, I'll see what I can do to expand on this one.

Thanks for commenting!

DogSig.png

That was neat,

That was neat,
I didn't expect that.

I have to echo the other comments.

This is a very novel idea, one we have not seen here on BCTS before now. If you could expand 1 or 2 more chapters, it would be worth reading.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

more chapters?

cant promise, but if my muse agrees, I'll be happy to come back for more of this one.

DogSig.png

In the soup

What a great ending.

In the soup

A story with a twist is born, all you have to do is nurture it


ELIZA