Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 5: Volume 3: Chapter 07

Printer-friendly version

Badasses Of the Multiverse Book 5: “The Gambling Man.”

Volume 3: “Dynasty.”

Chapter 07: “The Beats and Skips of Time, Space, and Realities.”

By Paul Cousins.

Copyright Disclaimer: All copyrighted places, characters, items, and events, within the story, are held by their current owners. No profit is being made on this work of fiction.

(_)

Reality, Lee's Reality. Date, around month and a half after Lee returned to her reality. Location, the penthouse apartment of Daiyu Palace Casino. Time, mid-morning.

In the last month and a week, things had settled down in the island city of De La Plata Podrido, while winter was in full swing.

It was eight forty-six AM, in the middle of the morning, on a sunny day.

At the moment, the three residents of the penthouse apartment were having breakfast, in the apartment dining room.

The breakfast they had ordered, from the kitchen on the first floor, had been brought and delivered to them, ten minutes, beforehand.

The table they were sitting at was a rectangular table. With River sitting at one far end, and Chang at the other. Lee sat in the middle, with River to her right, and Chang to her left.

Chang was dressed in his usual business attire. While River and Lee were dress casually.

River was wearing a red, short sleeved blouse, that matched her hair. And a brown long skirt.

Lee was wearing some new clothing that River had tailored for her, that was based on her Chinese amazon clothing. The clothing was of brightly colored shirt and pants. Though, due to her slightly enlarged stomach. Which, which given she was presently two months and a week pregnant, with twins, had increased by a few inches. She had to let her belt out a few notches. Still, her stomach was barely noticeable under her clothing.

This was due to Lee performing a daily exercise regiment in the employee gym downstairs, along with being careful on the amount of foods, and what type of foods, she ate.

The exercise schedule, and dietary lists, were designed by Simon, River's brother, and casino doctor, So, except for her stomach, Lee was able to maintain her figure.

Currently, the three adult lovers were having a discussion on various cultures.

After taking a sip from his glass of orange juice, and setting it back down. Chang commented, “Honestly Lee. From a cultural standpoint, we have very little in common.”

Lee responded, “Actually, that is not exactly true. While you are chinese, and I am a caucasian american. Thus, not blood related. Our native cultures are cousins.”

Chang requested, with a bit of interest in his voice, “This, I would like you to explain?”

Lee stated, “You are from Hong Kong, at a time when it was a British colony. While my culture was originally a set of British colonies that successfully broke away. The British influence still shows in both our cultures, and how we both look at the world.”

There was silence for a few seconds. Chang then responded, “You're right. I can see what you are talking about.”

Lee said, “Yes. We both admire success and wealth. And though not necessarily civility, we both attempt to keep a measure of integrity in what we do.”

Chang replied, “Yes. I guess we do have a few things in common.”

River just smiled, while she watched, and listened, as her two lovers realized they had more in common than they previously realized.

Lee commented, “And speaking of cultures, the Christmas and the New Years parties, a few days ago, were great.”

Chang replied, “Yes. It was fun inviting everyone to both those parties.”

River stated, “I am honestly surprised the two individuals that were the most fun at those two parties, while drunk, were Bao and Melanie.”

Lee pointed out, “Yes. When you have to take into account they are bartenders. They rarely get the chance to drink, and cut loose.”

River agreed, “Very true.”

Chang casually remarked, “I am just surprised you both stopped those two before they stripped themselves nude.”

Lee teased, “You always have to save something for the next party.”

Chang chuckled a little at Lee's comment.

Lee commented, “Speaking of cutting loose. I was wondering. I never wrote this answer. But, I wanted to know. Does fermented soybeans effect you both and the Serenity crew?”

Chang answered, “Yes. And it effects us in both forms. We found that out the hard way when. During a vacation. In the Cowboy Bebop Reality. When River and I decided to just have a quite holiday, for just the two of us, on Ganymede. The hotel staff brought us a Korean dish, with fermented soybean paste mixed in the dip for the appetizers... Let us just say it turned into an all night affair.”

Lee was polite enough to refrain from responding in a humorous fashion towards Chang's comments.

Meanwhile, River smiled, as she snicker. She mentioned, “At the time, I was the guy and Chang was the girl.”

Chang stated, “Though, we did have the sense to realize what was happening. And we were able to swap genders, only to find that it didn't turn off the effects, and we just continued like animals for several hours. While occasionally swapping genders. We were attracted to each other, no matter which gender we, were at the time.”

“This is one of the reasons I had fermented soybeans banned from the casino menus and food. We also warned the others that soybeans work in both forms. And while, I think the crew would find it funny. I believe Mal might kill me if that happened to him. And if the girls at the Devil's Hotel were involved, none of us would survive the aftermath.”

Lee calmly replied, “I fully agree.”

River said, “Still, it was fun. And no harm was done.”

Chang sheepishly admitted, “Though, neither of us were about to sit properly, nor stand straight, the day after.”

Lee found she could not help but giggle a little at Chang's comment.

River commented, “I still say it was worth it. And onto another matter. I would like to know, Lee. Speaking of gifts and fun, did you sent that gift, you were talking to me about, to your family?”

Lee forced herself to calm down, as she said, “Yes. I did.”

Chang questioned, “What gift?”

Lee answered, “I used a reality device to teleport in the earlier evening, on Christmas Eve, to the front doorstep of my family's home. I left a small package, at the doorstep. I knocked on the door, and teleported to a hiding place nearby. I then watch them pick up the package.”

“In the package was a letter from me, in english, stating I was fine. It is in my hand writing, so they know it is from me. Though, I didn't tell them what was going on. They don't have a clue I am now a woman now. Nor, pregnant with twins.”

“But, to help them, and allay their fears about me, I included two of the gold bars you two gave me. If they are intelligent, and follow my instructions, concerning how they use that gold, all their debts are now paid off. With some extra gold left for a rainy day.”

Chang complimented, “Those were nice gifts.”

Lee mentioned, “Thank you. I even gave some gifts to my amazon friends. Even though it was nowhere near Christmas for them, at the time I came to visit them.”

Chang asked, “And those gifts were?”

Lee stated, “I bought them some tasty, though not very expensive, bottles of wine.”

Chang complimented, “That is an intelligent choice. Sometimes the cheaper stuff. Like a Jack and cola. Are better than the expensive drinks.”

Lee replied, “I agree.”

River inquired, “So, are you ever going to formally visit your family?”

Lee stated, “Someday. After the heat dies down. Maybe two or three years from now. Local time. But, I do keep tabs on them, to make sure they are all doing okay. And they are. And I will give them updates and gifts, to let them know I am alive, and in good health. And before either of you ask, even as a younger woman, proving who I am to them will not be difficult, when compared to some of the stuff I pulled off on this island.”

Chang commented, “That is an understatement.”

River responded, “Those are nice plans. But, what if something happens to them in the meantime?”

Lee answered, “I use the reality device to time travel back, so I can either be able to save them, or at least see them and settle things before they die.”

River questioned, “But, what about a paradox?”

Lee answered, “I have learned there are two thinks about time travel. What actually happens. And what is perceived to have happened.”

Chang guessed, “Like the time travel movie, Millennium?”

Lee said, “Exactly.”

River commented, “I apologize. But, I have not seen that movie.”

Chang explained, “It is a good movie. We will show it to you, later. But, the jest of the movie is that time travelers from the future, go into the past, on airplanes that are about to crash. They then swap those that are suppose to die with fake bodies. And bring those people to the future. It seems to work well for the most part, until the time travelers accidentally leave their technology behind.”

River inquired, “Okay. But, what about the paradoxes we almost had?”

Lee stated, “Simple. We are trying to change the perception of time, and what happened. If we had just change what happened, while making it appear as if nothing happened, then the paradox would not happen.”

River complimented, “That is a brilliant, and insightful temporal loophole you have pointed out.”

Lee replied, “Coming from you. That is a compliment.”

River warmly smiled toward Lee, as she said, “Thank you, Lee.”

Chang commented, “By the way, I did watch that series that you mentioned to the others. The title was, Breaking Bad.”

Lee questioned, “Now, that is an interesting series. What did you think of it?”

Chang said, “I found it interesting.”

River commented, “I saw that series, as well. When it comes to evil, that series does it well.”

Chang rhetorically asked, “Who knew that you could take a chemistry teacher and turn him into such a terror?”

Lee countered, “Or, a take a salary man into a force respected by all?”

River spoke up, “Or, a writer that can play everyone like a harp?”

Lee let out a laugh.

Chang grinned, as he playfully complimented, “Touche, to both of you.”

River and Lee said, in unison, “Thank you.”

River stated, “On the matter of series, I must say. That climax and ending of the final episode of the Live Action Black Lagoon series was awesome.”

Lee agreed, “Yes. It was.”

Chang commented, “I am glad I got a copy of that series, after I first heard about it.”

Lee said, “Yea. It was one of the good things from my little chase across Mars.

River replied, “Yes. It is.”

Lee commented, “But, that was a long series.”

River agreed, “I know. Twenty, twenty-six episode, seasons. With each episode being forty minutes long. Along with twelve full length movies. We had to do marathon sessions, at night. In either this living room here, or in the private theater, to watch it all. But, it was worth it.”

Lee said, “I am glad we decided to watch it in english.”

Chang stated, “I was fine with that. And considering that series was a counterpart to my own home reality, I found it an entertaining, and insightful viewing experience.”

River said, “Yes. Also, I am glad I watched the anime, and manga of your series, first. Before we watched the live action series. And I must say, you were cool in the anime, Chang.”

Chang smiled, as he responded, “Yes. I was. But, that was because I realized I was in a fiction world. And I was playing to the audience. Lee was right about that.”

Lee replied, “Thanks.”

Chang mentioned, “I even knew about the Black Lagoon bikini and R magazines, along with Tex-Mex. Long before any of the others did. Except for River, whom read about those items, from my mind.”

River said, “I know better than to mention it to the others. It would lead to nothing but trouble.”

Chang stated, “Exactly. And like Akira and her family, there was no point in telling the others, because no good would come of it. Still, that was a good joke you pulled on the others, by mentioning Tex-Mex.”

Lee casually said, “It's a gift.”

Chang stated, “I know... Now, let us move onto some business dealing with the casino, itself. While the casino is doing fine. I have been thinking of what performances I can bring to this casino. Gambling provides a lot of the income, but performances can pad the revenue stream we receive. So, I would like opinions, on this, from both of you.”

Lee inquired, “Are we talking like stunt performances, outside? Like Arcee occasionally does, in her motorcycle mode? Or, story and singing performances, for the stage theater you built inside the casino?”

Chang answered, “I was talking about stage performances. The parking lot acts have been no problem. Actually, they have been easier, right now. During the winter. Which performances are drawn to the slightly warmer climate, than the cities up north. Like Vegas, and Reno. But, getting a stage performance for a play, or even just a singer to come, is difficult...” He voice took on a more sarcastic tone, as he continued, “No one seems to trust me.”

Lee replied, “Don't worry about it. They will come eventually.”

Chang agreed, “You are probably right. But, what will we do in the meantime?”

River suggested, “How about we put on a production ourselves?”

Lee complimented, “Good idea, River.”

Chang inquired, “What are you thinking of, River?”

River said, “Well, we need to do something that will be an attention getter. So, let us produce a stage performance that using songs and dancing.”

Everyone was quiet for a few seconds. Chang then said, “Yes... That could work... That could work well for us. Do you mind if I pick the play?”

River replied, “Go ahead.”

Lee had a bad feeling, as she questioned, “Dare I ask what play you have in mind?”

Chang's lips curled into a wicked grin, as he teased, “Oh dare. Dare. I say to you, dare.”

Lee pushed down her bad feelings, as she playfully responded, “Okay. I'll bite. What play?”

Chang maintained his smirk, as he casually answered, “The Rocky Horror Picture Show.”

Lee's jaw dropped. And her reactions made River and Chang lightly laugh for a few seconds.

As Lee collected herself, she asked, “Not to sound hypocritical. But, what about copyright licensing?”

Chang and River laughed, for a few seconds.

As they calmed down, Chang said, “We're criminals. So, what does it matter? Besides, what I am suggesting would be fun. Especially, if we get the girls at the Devil's Hotel, along with those here, at the casino. And even Eda, and Yolanda, on board.”

Lee hesitantly stated, “Chang, while admittedly, your sense of fun, no matter how twisted and sexual, is very enjoyable. But, for us, of all people to do this, to put on a stage version of the Rocky Horror Picture Show, is wrong on so many levels.”

Chang questioned, “So, I take it you do not like the movie?”

Lee casually admitted, “No. I didn't like movie for a couple of reasons. Including improper use of terminology. Do you really want to dress up, in drag, like Tim Curry did in that movie?”

Chang let out a laugh. He then responded, “Of course. I was a ham long before you wrote about my hamminess. Some of the stuff I could tell you about my youth would shock you to the core.”

Lee stated, “I am sure. I am a Tim Curry fan, as well. But, I never wanted to dress in that outfit, because I knew I would look bad in it... Well, I would look good in that outfit, now. At least for the next few months, before my pregnancy really starts to show.”

Lee put her right hand under the table, and against the slight bump on her stomach.

Chang inquired, “Why don't you like that movie? It is just really funny, campy movie.”

Lee turned to River, as she asked the other woman, “River, have you seen that movie?”

River cheeks blushed, as she answered, “Yes.”

Lee turned to Chang, as she answered, “Chang, to answer your question. There are two important reasons I don't like that movie. First, is for technical reasons. Tim Curry was brilliant as the villain. Some of the songs had a catchy tune. Time Warp Twist is a classic.”

“It is always fun to watch Meatloaf sing on screen. I know for a fact that song, Hot Patootie, Meatloaf sang in the movie, is hard to sing in sync, with the music, while successfully saying all the words...”

“While I have been a Meatloaf fan for a year. During the timeloop, when I was learning to sing, I became a big Meatloaf fan. A lot of his later songs touch my soul. Also, his songs are some of the few old school style rock songs that a man without a great melody style voice can sing without it sounding off. He singing chops comes from pure willpower and skill.'

'Still, some of the other casting just was not up to par. As in casting Susan Sarandon as the young, pure, virgin, did not work. And that made the movie difficult to watch on a few levels.”

Chang conceded, “You have a point there. And the other reasons you don't like the movie?”

Lee stated, in a serious tone of voice, “I will level with you, Chang. Since you let me into your home, and we have been sharing a bed together, for a few months. I should have told you this sure. The subject just didn't come up, until now. And I apologize for not telling you sooner. Though, keep this to yourself. I find the movie somewhat offensive because I am a male to female transsexual.”

Lee's bluntness caught Chang flatfooted, as he asked, “You are?... Okay, that explains a lot.”

Lee turned to River, as she thanked her, “Thank you River for keeping my secret.”

River smiled, as she replied, “No problem. We all have our secrets. And I try to keep the secrets of those I learn about from others.”

Chang looked over at River, as he asked, “You knew.”

Lee answered for River, “Yea. She knew. Remember, she's a telepath. And as a guy, she spent several months with me. She probably read all sorts of things from my mind.”

River commented, “By the way, Lee, thanks for not writing down some of your more... Interesting sexual fantasies.”

Lee responded, “There are some doors that should remain closed.”

Chang stated, “Lee, you must love being a fully functional woman, and a pregnant mother to be.”

Lee smiled, as she said, “More so than I probably should.” She dropped her smile, as she continued, “Listen, Chang and River, since we are all sleeping together, I will let you in on some of my berserk buttons dealing with such issues for me. Do not make fun of transsexuals, the transgendered, nor the intersex in front of me. Given my admitted insanity and creativity, and the time I spent training in both the timeloop and the Chinese Amazons, I am likely more dangerous and crazier than Revy. The only reason I backed down from Revy at their island was that she was tougher than I expected, and she had guns. While I did not.”

River commented, “Well, you are almost as crazy as I can be. And while, I could still beat you, I admit that you might have done better against Revy, if you were not upset, and then surprised that Revy took the full force of your punch, without moving.”

Lee replied, “Correct.”

Chang thought, 'Now, coming from River, that is a compliment. Best not to piss either of these girls off.'

River stated, “Thank you, Chang. You can be a pretty crazy chick yourself, when you want too. Hehehehe... Please continue, Lee.”

Lee went onto say, “Alright. While talking about the Rocky Horror Show is fine with me, do not mention to me about any other drag, nor transgendered based series, or movies, unless outright physical, or mental gender bending is addressed within the plot. Do not mention the movie, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, to me. Barring documentaries, should someone talk to me about any TV shows featuring drag queens, I may feel the desire to strangle that person. The question on if I actually do so depends on how much I like that person. And the only things I have to say about the worst of the TV and radio shock jock talk shows could be used against me in a court of law.”

Chang calmly commented, “That is all perfectly understandable.” He mentally reflected, 'We all have our little problems. And it is good than I now know what mental buttons to avoid with you, Lee.'

River stated, “Well Lee. There is one thing. You are not a transsexual anymore. Now, you are fully a woman. Not only that, you are pregnant, and you actually lived an entire childhood again, as a girl. And from what you told me, and what I read from your mind, it was a good childhood.”

Lee turned to River, as she stated, “River, I am a transsexual. And I will be one for the rest of my life. But, I got everything I wanted. So, I am not complaining.” Lee turned to Chang, “Now, you want my help with this production. I will help. But, I get a role in this play. Don't worry, it is not a lead. There is a bit part the only I, and one other I know, in the city, that can pull the part I am talking about.”

Chang requested, with interest evident in his voice, “Okay, Lee. What do you have in mind?”

Lee began, “First, we pay those that work on this, very well. Ourselves included.”

Chang replied, “Of course.”

Lee said, “And we need to work on the production side. Most people don't realize that what happens behind the scene is more important than the performance itself. I learned a lot about putting performances together in the time loop. That is how I got to become the life of the party.”

Chang stated, “Yes. Such experience might come in handy. Please continue.”

Lee commented, “Okay. The three of us are the producers.”

Chang said, “Of course.”

River rhetorically replied, “Why not?”

Lee continued, “And for behind the scenes, I would guess the Bebop and Serenity crews. They would likely enjoy working in that setting. I suggest Inara handled the clothing, makeup, and set design. And Faye has a talent for such things, as well. So, if she wants, Faye can assist. Or, if Inara declines, Faye is a good back up, on those matters.”

“Kaylee is a skilled engineer. With a little experience and know how, she can handle the backstage rigging. Jayne, Zoe, and Mal can take directions on backstage work.”

“Scheduling can be worked around for those four. I know Kaylee is not that busy as the casino mechanic. This won't be a problem for her And security can handle normal issue, as long as those three are kept up to date, every few hours.”

“Also, we can have others in the casino workforce help, on a voluntary basis. Jetta and Spike have other commitments. Such as being Pit Boss. And for Spike, taking care of Julia. But, they can assist if they want. Unfortunately, Simon is still our doctor, in the casino. So, he will not have that much time to get involved.”

River inquired, “It is okay. My brother will understand. So, who do you have in mind to direct?”

Lee answered, “I am thinking of calling Lori, Ed, Stan, and Lewis to handle the directing. I believe they will all say, yes.”

River giggled, She then said, “With Ed and Bob... I mean Lori, directing, this should be a fun train wreck to watch.”

Lee winked at River, as she commented, “Actually, trains wrecks. We have enough people for two full casts and crew. So, we can show these back to back plays. Twice a day. And make some money, without wearing everyone out. If we are going to cross this line, then let us do it twice.”

Chang complimented, “Nice thinking. Keep going. You know all of us, so I want to know who you would pick for the roles?”

Lee admitted, “With me being pregnant I would be a hypocrite if I didn't offer the other girls we know that are pregnant roles, as well. Still, B and Balalaika are too far along to make it workable right now. And I get the feeling that both of them are not the type to want a role in a play such as this. Though, pregnant, or not, I would pay money to see both of them in the Doctor Furter outfit. The sheer audacity of them in such a getup would be worth the price of admission, alone.”

Chang and River both laughed, for several seconds, from Lee's comment.

As they calmed down, Chang stated, “No arguments there.”

River begged, “Lee, continue with your insanity.” She licked her lips, as she said, “It's turning me on.”

Lee turned to River, as she commented, “We will do that later, River.” Lee turned to Chang, while she said, “I suggest we sent free ticket passes, with free accommodations and food to Balalaika, B, the other members of Hotel Moscow, Roberta, Fabiola, Garcia. Along, with opening tickets for Melanie and Bao. Except for the last two, none of them have lodgings here. And I think they would hate to not be invited to these epic train wrecks of comedy.”

Chang nodded twice, as he agreed, “Good idea. And giving them all a good a laugh is a wise idea.”

Lee said, “In all honesty, Aeryn would likely not want to be part of the play itself. But, we can offer her a role, or some backstage job, if she wants. Otherwise, we will just give her a free ticket pass, as well. Now, onto the main casts.”

“The only two people I know of with the personalities, and general all around niceness that could play Janet Weiss, the heroine, are respectively Rock and Benny.”

Chang asked, “But, who would play Brad Majors against them? I would think we would be casting the men as men, and the women as women in these plays? And either Rock and Benny playing Brad with some instant spring of drowned man.”

Lee commented, “Revy and Janet will be play Brad, towards their respective lovers.”

Chang pointed, “Though, I don't think Revy would mind playing as a man, I think Janet would decline.”

Lee smirked towards Chang in a manner he had seen Rock do when he was being devious. Lee stated, “That is the thing. If we are going to make this work. We are going to have to come from the, crazy enough to work, angle. To that end, we do an all female cast, even the male roles. Even thought some of the women, such as myself, you, and the others, were originally men.”

Chang rugged his chin, with his right hand, as he wondered out loud, “A drag queen stage performance, from an all female cast, with some of the cast use to be men. With some of those previous men, and a few of those originally women, also pregnant. You are right. That is crazy enough to work. So, who will be playing Doctor Furter?”

Lee stated, “In the first cast, you of course, as a woman. You already stated you want the role.”

Chang agreed, “Yes. I do. That love scene between me and Revy in the play would be interesting. Especially as girls.”

River openly chirped at Chang's thoughts, “Nice fantasizing, Chang. Please continue.”

Chang replied, “Thanks, River. So, who would you cast as Doctor Furter, in the second cast?”

Lee answered, “Dutch. She would do it for just shits and giggles.”

Chang replied, “You got that right. And it is no secret that Dutch and Janet have been intimate with each other, and Benny, in a threesome. So, the love scene would not be a problem. Who is next?”

Lee said, “For the narrators. I have some ideas. I suggest for the first cast, we ask Annie for the role as narrator. For the second cast, we invite Arcee as the narrator. She can do it off stage, and it will allow her to be a part of this without revealing herself to the public.”

River complimented, “That is nice of you.”

Lee commented, “I know. Also, if Arcee wants to do so. She can play the motorbike that Eddie roles in on. If she gets tired of doing so, we can substitute other motorbikes.”

Chang said, “That is a good idea, as well. On that point, who is going to play Eddie? It is not that big a role. Though, it requires some really good singing skills.”

Lee answered, “I am. I want to be part of the first cast as Eddie. In the time loop, I spent around two years, on and off again learning how to sing. Including learning to sing the song, Hot Patootie, in sync, in tune, and on key. Along with my knowledge, language, and combat abilities, I still retain my musical and art skills. I can play the instruments I learned fairly well. And read sheet music. As I said, I am the only one of two people I know, in the city that can pull off that talent.”

Chang commented, “You have a point there. The role is yours. I guess Sawyer is being cast as the second Eddie?”

Lee pointed out, “No. Sawyer will not get that role. Sawyer can sing. She can sing very well. She is the one who taught me the most about singing, and dancing. But, this song requires real understanding of classic rock tempo that she does not likely have good experience with. I had to teach myself how to sing that song. Don't worry, I have a role for Sawyer, that she will like.”

“The person I have in mind for Eddie, in the second cast, is Ranma. Ranma was a rock and roll singer in the band Koko, in my stories. She still has those skills. And Ranma is still arrogant enough to want to show off at anything she can do well. Singing is one of those skills. And she really gets to show her singing skills off. The role as Eddie, singing, Hot Patootie, would be just too much a challenge for her not to accept.”

Chang responded, “Okay. But, I don't understand where you originally came up with her singer from? And a female rock singer, at that?”

Lee said, “Oh, that was simple. I just treated those Ranma OVA opening and ending songs with Ranma and her for female friends singing together, in a band, as canon for right after their series end. Once I did that, the logical conclusions to the plot and resolutions for those characters tied up well.”

Chang commented, “Oh yea. I remember that in your stories.”

Lee replied, “Yes. From what I recall, that is how and why I set up that plot line that way.”

River stated, “This is why I like you, Lee. You are so creative in your insanity.”

Lee said, “Thank you. And I am just getting started. The next role will be the Criminologist. In the first cast, I think we should offer the role to Sawyer. In the second cast, I suggest Shenhua. They would likely get a kick out of playing cops for once. For Doctor Scott, in the first cast I suggest Lotton. In the second cast, the role of Doctor Scott would be Violin.”

“Lotton, I know will go for the role. Given Violin has been a fan of ham, in literally two lifetimes, she will want to be a part of this. And given Doctor Scott is not one of the main characters, there is not much work for them. And most of Doctor Scott's lines very hammy, the role would be right up Lotton and Violin sense of tastes.”

Chang stated, “I agree. Lotton playing against me would be fun. And seeing Dutch and Violin trade hammy lines with each other would be worth watching. Sawyer and Shenhua would probably get a kick out of playing the police for once. What about Riff Raff and Magenta?”

Lee answered, “For the first cast, we offer the roles of Riff Raff and Magenta to Eda and Yolanda. They can decide which role plays they want to play. Hell, as far as I am concerned, they can swap roles every other performance.”

Chang pointed out, “Okay. But, why would they want the roles in the first place?”

Lee playfully answered, “Because, you will be playing Doctor Furter in the first cast, and those two get to pretend to kill you on stage. Night after night.”

River let out a laugh.

Chang could not help but smile, as he got Lee's joke. He stated, “Good point. We will just make sure they are no really armed at the time. And the second cast?”

Lee responded, “Akira and Natsuru. Same deal. They can pick which one they want to play. And even take turns. They are both fans of hamminess. Also, Lotton, Shenhua, Akira, Natsuru, Eda, Yolanda, Sawyer, and Violin will train as stand ins for the other roles, in case one of the others cannot fill their role. We will also have the teenagers work a stand in, in case they want to preform as well. As long as they can do a good job, they can all take turns and switch different roles.”

River commented, “That will actually keep things fresh.”

Lee said, “That is true. We will work out which one will practice which role as a stand in. So, there is no serious overlapping.”

Chang inquired, “And what about the teenage girls. When they are not standing in, as a substitute?”

Lee answered, “We are going to need some extras, either way. For this place. So, the teenage girls can be divided up and become the dancing extras for the performances for both casts. Eight teenagers means four dancers per cast. Though, the teenagers can decide which of them wants to play Columbia. Or, they can take turns, like all the other roles.”

“Now, barring financial matters. Including, advertisements. Along, with obtaining stage props and costumes. Which I know a good costume store in town. That should do it for the production side. Now, all that is needed is for the roles and staff to be filled. With rehearsals and work on the backstage being schedules and started.”

River said, “Sounds like a solid plan.”

Chang stated, “I agree. The question is who is going to ask who, to convince them to help?”

Lee inquired, “Well, I am sure a good pay check will help.”

Chang agreed, “True.”

Lee commented, “As long as they are paid well, and the idea is pitched, by the right person, in the right way, in the right setting, they will likely agree to the jobs.”

River asked, “So, who is going to ask who?”

Lee answered, “I will handle the Lowe family. They like me. Also, I will ask Ranma. Akira, Natsuru, Violin, Aeryn, Bao, and Melanie. River, you can handle the Serenity crew. Chang, you can handle the Bebop crew, Balalaika, B, Hotel Moscow, the Lovelace household, and the Lagoon parents. Once we get them all on board, we will ask their kids. At that point, it should almost all fall into place.”

“Also Chang, you are good with handling the money and promotion. So, no problem there.”

Chang complimented, “Nice planning. Now, we just have to organize.”

River suggested, “I like it. We need to take the rest of the day to plan this. Then, once we have it all worked out, tomorrow, or the day after, we will start inviting people.”

Chang agreed, “Good idea, River.”

Lee responded, “I am with you on that, River.”

The three of them then spent the rest of their breakfast making plans for throwing these crazy stage performances. And over the coarse of the day, during Chang's breaks. The three lovers work on the details of their planning. By the time evening rolled around, they had finished their plan. And they were ready to implement their plan, the next morning.

(_)

The next day, Chang, River, and Lee implemented their plan. They invited, both for the cast, crew, and select viewers, for the state play

And Lee has been correct, everyone that was offered a job, took it. Even Aeryn agreed to help back stage. Save for Jetta and Spike, due to other commitments. But, they did later watch the shows.

To everyone's surprised Inara and Faye were really able to help with make up and costumes, with the actors enjoying their roles. Arcee was especially pleased to be cast as one of the narrators, and as the motorcycle in the to showings.

The eight teenage adults were able to divide themselves up to which of them were the dancers during the first showing, and which were dancers for the second showing. They decided to take turns, per showing, on who would play, Columbia.

For the first showing, Sarah, Molly, Yukio, Rebecca would play the dancers.

For the second showing, Kristina, Nodoka, Yurika, and Mikoto would play the dancers.

The Lowe family were good directors, along with the Lowe siblings helping Kaylee, Male, Zoe, and Jayne with the backstage rigging and set designs.

Materials for the play were not head to come by, and the agreed salary for the cast and crew was more than generous.

And after five days of rehearsals, everyone was ready.

Opening night was exactly one week, to the day, that Chang, River, and Lee sent out the invites.

Those invited, attended. And everyone had a good time.

The first showing was six PM, and the second showing nine PM. Both showings were standing room only.

Both showings went off without a hitch, and each performance received standing ovations, after the end of each show.

Due to advertising, and positive word of mouth, along with the initial showings, the subsequent showings were big sellers for the casino.

And after the few days, the cast start swapping the roles, with those they practices as stand in substitutes. Including, the teenage adults getting to play the leads a few times.

And due to their diligence in practicing, being not problems with the cast pulling this off.

With these swaps enticing those that came for the play, to come again, to see how the cast to do it, when they changed up roles. And the customers are impressed with the performances they saw, on their second viewing in the stage theater in the casino.

All in all, Chang's project was a success.

The shows ran twice a day, for around two weeks, before the last curtain call. And given the performances netted the casino a nice profit, along with the generous payments for the actors and crew, Chang included bonuses for those involved.

And everyone that participated agreed they would have to do this again, some time in the future.

(_)

The day after the final curtain call of the last show, it was noon in the dining room of the casino penthouse apartment. Chang, River, and Lee, were finishing lunch.

The three were dressed in their usual clothing, and they had been having a wonderful conversation, ranging a wide variety of topics.

Finally, River said, in a calm, sober tone of voice, “Lee, there is something we need to talk to you about.”

Lee realized by River's tone of voice meant that what she had to say was important.

Lee turned to River, as she asked, “What is it, River?

River carefully said, “First, the only reason we did not tell you sooner, and we waited to almost the last moment, was that it might have disrupted your performances on stage.”

Lee replied, “Okay. So, what is so important?”

River stated, “Well, our regular Lagoon bikini party is coming up. And Revy and her family stated that your invitation is mandatory. And, like the rest of us, you have to wear a two piece bikini when you attend.”

Lee could not believe what she heard, as she flatly responded, “Huh?”

Chang stated, “Don't play dumb, Lee. You must have known that the next time the Lagoon members had a such a party, that you would be made to attend.”

Lee turned to Chang, as she questioned, “And why didn't they tell me personally?”

River answered, “The others decided that it would be best if we were the ones that told you. And we were able to convince Revy not to parade you around everyone, when we get there.”

Lee turned to River, as she thought over what River said for a few seconds. She then replied, “Thank you. That would have made things worse.”

River said, “No problem. And the parties they hold after this will be voluntary for you to come. And I hope you do. We have fun at them. And the activities and games are quite entertaining. You were quite imaginative when you came up with the ideas for those parties.”

Chang commented, “That is the truth.”

Lee said, “Perhaps I will return.” She then looked down at herself, at her three month pregnant stomach, which was presently big enough to show under her tucked in shirt. She looked back up, as she continued, “But, with this stomach. I look to fat to wear a bikini.”

Chang pointed out, “Good one. But, we both know others can pulled it of. Such as Birdy.”

Lee groaned, as she remembers what she wrote. She conceded, “I am starting to regret writing those scenes, among the long list of other scenes.”

River mentioned, “Don't be regretful about including Birdy in those parties, when she was pregnant. And I can think of six others that will be there, whom are further along than you. So, you can do it, too.”

Lee said, in a defeated tone of voice, “Fine. Speaking of which, how many of those attending know who I am? For example, does Birdy know about me?”

River shrugged, as she answered, “Only those that are already informed. I doubt Birdy knows. And even if she did, she likely would not care.”

Lee replied, “I hope your right.”

River pointed out, “I have been right, so far. And when it comes to those at the party that don't know about you. You will be introduced as my and Chang's lover. And those in the loop know better than to talk about the matter.”

Lee asked, “Okay. Now, when are we going? You said it was short notice. So, I am guessing it is in a day, or two.”

River stated, “For us. We leave tomorrow. We will buy your clothing today. And we will leave in the morning. Around the time the rest of those at the hotel, that are invited, will be leaving. For everyone else, we will only be gone five minutes. For us, it will be around a week.”

“Ranma told me that those at the Devil's Hotel will leave around that time, as well. Though, they are going to arrive a day before us, so they can help set up for the party.”

“And for the reality we are going to. It will be a week after we left.”

Lee replied, “Nice. Now, where will I be staying?”

Chang spoke up, “In the room River and I stay in. We have a large king sized bed. Like the guestroom that Akira, Natsuru, and Ranma use.”

Lee commented, “That is big enough for the three of us. I wonder. Should we invite Bao and Melanie?”

River answered, “I already asked them. They declined. They don't want everyone to know who they are, nor where they are living.”

Lee stated, “That is wise of them.”

River said, “I agree. Those two prefer their privacy. And they seem to have turned out to be a cute couple.”

Lee commented, “I know. The last time I talked to them, they told me that Melanie moved in with Bao, at Bao's home.”

River replied, “That's nice.”

Lee asked, “I agree. So, when are we going shopping for my bikinis?”

River responded, “After lunch. Along with the bikinis for you. We will also buy some one piece swimsuits. I think reddish brown looks good on you.”

Lee agreed, “Yes. That skirt and jacket you picked out, is one of the best outfits I have, that looks good on me.”

River gave Lee a warm smile, as she stated, in a happy tone of voice, “Thank you. And look on the bright side. With the heated pools. Including in the one nearby, and downstairs, in back. You can you use your swimwear all year round.”

Lee cracked a grin, as she agreed, “You are right about that.”

River commented, “Thanks. And when you grown out of them, in a few months. And we will get you some more, when we shop for you next set of clothes. And when you drop our kids, we will replace those, as well.”

Lee said, “I look forward to it.”

River commented, “Of course. By then, we will have to get baby clothing for the children.”

Lee agreed, “Absolutely.”

Chang stated, “I hope you both have a good time shopping trip.”

Lee teased, “Why don't you come with us, as a woman?”

Chang casually answered, “I don't have the time. And I already have my clothing on hand. Also, before you ask. I find using reality devices in such a way, to be in two places at once, for just a simple shopping trip, to be undignified.”

Lee responded, “I agree. We will just show you my new outfits, later.”

Chang gave both River and Lee a lecherous grin, as he said, “We will have an entire week for you to do so.”

The three of them then finished their lunch.

Right after lunch, Chang went back to work, as River took Lee shopping for some bikinis, and other types of women's swimsuits. Which as an interesting experience for the two lovers, given the employees at the clothing stores, on the island, looked at them funny, when they ask for swimsuits in the middle of winter.

Though, they did find what they wanted, in Lee's sizes. And after they paid for the items, they returned to the casino penthouse with them, with no trouble at all.

(_)

The next morning, the three of them packed their luggage. The morning, when the three of them woke up, Chang was already a woman, from the activities the three women that evening. And Chang decided, that since they were heading to the bikini party that morning. She would not change back to male before they left.

With the three lovers getting cleaned up and ready to face the day, while all female.

The three of them were dressed normally, which was slightly humorous, given Chang was wearing her male clothing in her smaller female form. Though, River and Lee refrained from saying anything about it.

Each of them had a suitcase in one of their hands, as they stood close together.

With a suitcase handle in her left hand, in River's right hand, she used her reality device to take all three of them there. Though, Chang and Lee had spare reality devices, in case they needed them.

When they arrived, Lee saw from the angle of the sun in the sky, that is was around noon on Lagoon Island. And even though it was a sunny day, the temperature was just warm enough to offset the sea breeze, to make it comfortable for those barely wearing anything at all.

The three had teleported with in front of Lagoon Mansion, in the field.

Lee looked around and she saw several guests, wearing their usual clothing, had just arrived as well.

Lee then looked behind her, and in the grassy field, she saw further in the field, tables with food, drinks, plates, glasses, utensils, and napkins, on them. Along with tabled, with chairs for those that wish to see.

Lee looked back in front of the building, as she thought, 'This is just like what I wrote in my stories..”

River turned to Lee, as she stated, “Yes. It is. And it is going to be so much fun.”

Lee thought, 'I hope so.'

River said, “Good. Now, let's get inside, unpack, and get changed.”

Chang agreed, “Good idea.”

The three of them headed inside the home, through the open, front double-doors, along with several other guests, as they all went inside, to their assigned rooms.

(_)

A few hours later, the Lagoon bikini party was in full swing, on the grassy field, as Lee, River and Chang walked through the crowds of women and girls, that were in swimsuits.

The young children wore mostly one pieces, while the adult women wore bikini. A few of the adult women either had their tops off, or were completely nude. Some of the women were literally only wearing sunglasses and suntan lotion.

Lee, River, and a female Chang, were no exceptions.

Lee wore a modest bikini that River had picked out for her the previous day. The bikini was a reddish-brown two piece, with dark and red small leaf patterns on both pieces.

Though, due to wearing so little, the small pouch on Lee's stomach showed, much to her displeasure, for all to see.

River's bikini was a checkered, square pattern of royal blue and sky blue.

And Chang wore a skimpy golden yellow bikini, with black stripes. She also had on her sunglasses.

As they continued through the crowd, Lee saw groups of women both close to her, and in the distance. Also, she heard soft rock music playing from some speakers that were stationed under some nearby food tables. The volume was just loud enough to hear.

Still, wide through waded through the groups of women, River and Chang could tell that Lee was uncomfortable, as they walked to Lee's sides, to help her calm her nerves.

River was to Lee's right, Chang to her left.

River could sense how nervous Lee was. She stated, “Relax Lee. You will be fine.”

Lee admitted, “I will be honest. I have never being around so many people, while having so little clothing on.”

Chang commented, “You get use to it.”

Lee pointed out, “Let's be honest, Chang. You have always been a bit of exhibitionist.”

Chang shrugged, as she admitted, “True. And you have to be, to remain sane in situations like this.”

Lee rolled her eyes for a seconds. She then looked back in front of her, as she conceded, “You may have a point there.”

Just then, Lee noticed the three of them were walking towards two people.

While one of the two women was hard to see through the gaps in the crowd, the other towered over everyone else.

As they passed by the last two groups between the two individuals, and the three of them, River, Lee, and Chang, came to a stop, about six feet from Annie and Arcee, whom was in robot mode.

Annie wear a simple white bikini that cover her private areas, very well.

Annie and Arcee had been talking to each other

As the two woman turn to face the three newcomers, Arcee said, “Hello.”

Annie stated, “Nice to see you three.”

River replied, “Hi guys.”

Chang commented, “It is nice to see you too.”

Lee said, “It is good to see you both, as well.”

Annie stated, “I am surprised that you actually came, Lee.”

Lee calmly said, “I was not give much choice on the matter.”

River and Chang both gave mischievous grins.

Annie responded, “Well, don't worry. Anyone that gives you trouble will have to answer to us.”

Arcee calmly said, “Yes. They will.”

Lee kindly said, “Thank you, ladies.”

Arcee commented, “Also, it is good to see that both you and your children are doing fine.”

Annie said, “Yes. I sense everything is fine.”

Lee complimented, “Between you two, and Simon, I have nothing to worry about, when is comes to the my health, and the health of my children.”

Annie and Arcee giggled a little from Lee's comment, for a few seconds.

Lee asked, “By the way, where is Simon, and the others from the casino?”

Chang answered, “Mal stated they were first going to the pool and tennis court, in the back of the mansion.”

Lee raised an eyebrow, as she questioned, with slight disbelief in her voice, “The pool I can understand. But, tennis in this attire?”

River joked, “Well, they do wear shoes on the court. And you got to admit, it would definitely be an eye full.”

The other giggled a little at River's joke.

Arcee then said, “Thanks again for including us in that play. It was fun.”

Annie smiled towards River, Lee, and Chang.”

Chang said, “No problem, girls.”

River mentioned, “We talked about doing something similar, sometime in the future.”

Annie requested, in a happy tone of voice, “Let us know if you decide to do something like that again.”

River said, “We will.”

Lee then heard to her side, a woman's voice say, in a humorous tone, “We heard you were pregnant, Lee.”

Lee, and the others, turned to see Lotton, Sawyer, and Shenhua, standing about six feet from them.

The others could see they were in bikini, and that by the sizes of their stomachs, they were at least a month further along in pregnancies than Lee was.

Lotton had a smile on her lips, as she continued, “Welcome to the club.”

Lee casually replied, “Thank you.”

Shenhua asked, “So how far along are you?”

Lee answered, “Three months. And I was about to ask you three the same question.”

Sawyer said, “We are all four and a half months along...” She looked down at her own stomach. She then looked back up at the others, as her voice turned more chirped, “And loving every minute of it.”

Shenhua stated, “I wouldn't go that far.”

Lotton shrugged, as she said, “I am just okay with the situation.”

Lee happily inquired, “I am happy you are enjoying the experience. So, any problems with your pregnancies?”

Lotton and Sawyer shook their heads a couple of times, while Shenhua answered, “Barring the obvious. No.”

Lee commented, “Well, I am not looking forward to any back pains, as my pregnancy progresses.” She mentally added, 'Though, my magic ring will likely protect me from that.'

River quietly said, “You are likely right, Lee.”

Lee shrugged in River's direction.

Sawyer mentioned, “We talked to Revy and the others about that. They had no such problems. So, I guess that super-soldier serum has it perks.”

Chang agreed, “Yes. It clearly does.”

Sawyer said, “Well, we are going to get something to eat. Eating now for two now, times three.”

Everyone giggled a little at Sawyer's comment.

As they calmed down, Lotton mentioned, “And at least the morning sickness is gone and we can enjoy food. How about you, Lee?”

Lee answered, “Pretty much gone. Any weird food craving, for you guys, yet?”

Lotton joked, “Given what some of these two eat, it can be hard to tell.”

Lee let out a laugh. She then replied, “I understand.”

Lotton said, “Anyway, have a great day.”

Lee commented, “You too.”

Chang said, “Have a pleasant day.”

River stated, “We will talk later.”

Annie mentioned, “I am going to head over, and get something to eat, as well.”

Arcee shrugged, as she said, “I might as well join you.”

Sawyer offered, “We could use the company.”

Arcee warmly smiled in the direction of Sawyer, Lotton, and Shenhua.

Annie replied, “Thank you.”

Lotton, Sawyer, Shenhua, Annie, and Arcee turned, and walked over to a nearby food table.

Meanwhile, just as the Lee, River, and Chang, were about to continue on their way. From behind them, Lee heard a very familiar russian voice said, “Well, look who decided to join us.”

Lee, River, and Chang, turned around to see Balalaika and B standing a mere six feet from them. And their very pregnant stomachs showing.

B had a calm expression to her face, while Balalaika had an amused expression on her face.

Balalaika stated, “I am glad to see that you had the courage to show up, Lee.”

Lee sarcastically said, “I had too. I rarely get invited too parties.”

River and Chang stifled their giggles.

Balalaika cracked a grin at Lee's comment.

Lee asked, “So, how are you both doing?

B answered for her love, “Fine. You?”

Lee replied, “I'm doing okay.”

Balalaika stated, in a slightly amused tone of voice, “Now, to the obvious matter at hand. Or, should I say stomach? When I heard you were pregnant, Lee. I did find it somewhat poetic, and humorous. I mean, at least we planned our pregnancies.”

Lee casually stated, “This one was planned. Just not by me.”

River and Chang looked away from the two russians.

Balalaika noticed this. She turned back to Lee, as she said, in an even tone of voice, “That I had already surmised. The fact you are with these two can either mean you are very forgiving. Or, you know better than to jeopardize your good fortune.”

Lee admitted, “A bit of both, actually.”

Lee then looked over at B, with a stern look.

B sighed, as she thought, 'I see Lee has caught onto some of the more subtle tactics that women use to get their way.' B then noticed River looking at her, with a small grin on her lips. B continued her thoughts, 'And of course, you're reading my mind. Well, I might as well the truth, to ease everyone's mood, a bit.'

B stated, “Just be happy she is in a good mood.”

Lee flatly asked, “Any mood swing problems?”

B answered, “Fortunately, none, for either of us. But, we have to piss every few hours. Though, that is to be expected.”

Lee replied, “Of course.”

Balalaika said, “You know, Lee. If you were not in the same position as us. I might take offense to your question.”

Lee looked over at Balalaika, as she said, “I am just gauging what I need to expect, when I reach that point you are at.”

Balalaika replied, “Fair enough.”

Chang casually asked, “By the way, how far along are you two. Time dilation, between realities can make it difficult to tell.”

B answered, “Around seven months.”

Balalaika teased, “You really show try this, Chang. It is an... Interesting experience.”

Chang was caught speechless by Balalaika suggestion, as River commented, “We have talked about it. But, we decided to wait and see how out my and Lee's twins turn out.”

Balalaika agreed, “That would likely be a good idea. Now, as much as I would like to tease poor Lee for hours on end...”

Lee visibly relaxed.

Balalaika continued, “Though, we will have plenty of time for that in the coming days.”

Lee stiffened, much to the amusement of Balalaika.

Balalaika noticed Lee's demeanor, as she went onto say, “But, B and I would like to talk to Chang, in private, on a few matters.”

Chang looked over at River, than to Lee. She then turned back to look at the two russians, as she stated, “As long as it is fine with River and Lee.”

River said, “Go ahead. We will be fine.”

Lee commented, “We will meet back up with each other, later.”

Chang said, “Okay. Let's go talk.”

Lee and River watched as Chang, B, and Balalaika walked away from them, and the crowd, as they headed for the shore to the bay of the island.

The three others passed through the crowd, and they were soon out of sight from River and Lee's gazes.

River turned to Lee, as she suggested, “Let's walk this way.”

Lee looked over at River, as she replied, “Okay. Lead the way.”

River turned to her right, in another direction, as she lead Lee through the crowd of women.

Less than a minute later worth of walking, Lee and River walked through the crowd, until they saw Aeryn and Violin standing right in front of them.

Lee also noticed Violin's rounded stomach, due to her pregnancy.

Violin smiled at River and Lee, as she welcomed them, in a slightly excited tone of voice, “Hi River. Hi Lee.”

River said, “Hi Guys.”

Lee replied, “Hello Violin. Hello Aeryn.”

Lee noticed Aeryn look down at Lee's slightly enlarged stomach.

Aeryn then looked back up at Lee's face, with a mischievous smile on her lips.
She said, “Well Lee, isn't this a surprise.”

Violin commented, “Why I have seen you at the stage rehearsals and performances, I really have had a chance to talk to you, in a while. And it seems that pregnancy agrees with you, Lee.”

Lee teased, “You are one to talk. And you are right, we have had a chance to talk. So, how far along are you?”

Violin answered, “Five and a half months. And you?”

Lee happily replied, “Three months.”

Violin questioned, “Can you feel you babies moved, yet.”

Lee replied, “No. How is it with you?”

Violin flatly commented, “Feeling kicks from the inside can get old real fast.”

Lee giggled at little at Violin's comment.

Aeryn calmly stated, “This is something I do not understand about human women.” She mentally added, 'And even those women that use to be men.'

Aeryn noticed River snort. She ignored River, as she verbally continued, “How you can be happy about being incapacitated for such an extended period of time?”

Lee responded, “I would believe saying we are incapacitated is going a bit far. I mean, look at how many people you killed, while you went through labor and birth.”

Aeryn rolled her eyes, as Violin and River giggled a little.

Aeryn then looked back at Lee, while Violin and River calmed down.

Violin turned to Aeryn as she commented, “She's right, dear.” She then turned back to look at Lee and River.

Lee stated, “It is more of a culture issue, than anything else. And if you don't count the stasis, I believe you spent most of your active pregnancy, while you carried Little D, in labor. You really didn't have the time to enjoy your pregnancy.”

Aeryn silently shrugged, in response to Lee's comment.

Lee continued, “And there are some benefits to being pregnant. The time a mother is pregnant with her child, is also a time she can emotionally bond with her child. Even before the child is born. I am sure River will confirm this.”

River looked over at Lee. She looked back over at Aeryn, and Violin, she as commented, “From the thoughts I have read from other mothers, she is right.”

Aeryn carefully said, “I will consider what you have to say.”

Violin then spotted two people in the crowd, about twenty feet away, to her and Aeryn's left, and Lee and River's right. She continued to look in that direction, as she said, “Hey, is that Eda and Yolanda over there?”

Aeryn, Lee, and River turned to look in the direction that Violin was looking.

Lee calmly said, “Yes. That is them.”

Violin suggested, “Let's go say, hi, to them.”

River agreed, “Good idea.”

Aeryn dispassionately said, “We might as well.”

Lee requested, “Say hi to them, for me.”

River turned to Lee, as she asked, “You are not coming with us?”

Lee looked over at River, as she answered, “No. I am going to see who else is here.”

River asked, concern in her tone of voice, “Are you sure you will be okay, while alone?”

Lee thought, 'I just need to do some thinking. But, I hope you have fun.' She stated, “I am a big girl, now. I can take care of myself.”

Lee saw River smile at her comment. She said, “Have fun.”

Lee replied, “You too.”

As the River, Aeryn, and Violin headed towards Eda and Yolanda, Lee turned in a different direction, as she slowly made her way through the crowd of women.

A minute later, of making her way through the crowds, she felt a light slap hit her right butt cheek.

While the touch was not painful, it did surprise, Lee.

Lee immediately came stop, as she thought, 'Someone just copped a feel from me. I do not know whether to be annoyed? Or flattered? Maybe both? Now, to find out who did it?'

Lee turned around, to her right, to to see Lowe family, along tanned skin woman, with short green hair, looking at her.

Given the nature of the party, along with Lori, Ed, and the green haired woman, Lewis and Stan were women, as well.

Lee looked at the Lowe family's, and their friend, on how beautiful they were in their bikinis. She thought, with admiration, 'Damn. I do good work.'

Lee casually asked, “So, which one of you did it?”

Stan smirked, as she admitted, “Guilty as charged.”

Lee calmly said, “I am not upset. But, don't do it again.”

Stan replied, “Fine.”

Ed commented, “Be happy, Stan. That is likely the most positive response you will ever get from doing something like that to another person.”

Stan quietly replied, “Yes, mother.”

Lee said, “I am surprised you haven't had that happen to you.”

Stan replied, “Well, there was a couple of times as a waitress.”

Lewis cracked a grin, as she stated, “And then, the cook stepped in and told the person in question, how much of a mistake it was, in doing so.”

Stan said, “It happened to both of us. And we took turns in both roles.”

Lee teased, “So, which of one of you has the big brother instinct, when the other one is a girl?”

Lewis and Stan said, in unison, “I do.”

Lori, Ed, Lee, and a woman with short green hair, laughed a little at the siblings' comments.

As they calmed down, Lori happily said, “It is good to see you, Lee.”

Lee replied, “Same here, Lori.”

Ed looked down at Lee's slightly enlarged stomach. She then looked back at Lee's face, as she said, “Welcome to the other side of motherhood.”

Lee responded, “Thanks. It is fun being here.”

Ed calmly replied, “That's nice to hear.”

Lori stated, “While we know you are locked as a girl, don't worry about being pregnant. It won't mess with your personality too much. You can still have a tomboyish personality afterward.”

Lee replied, “Thanks for the advice, but after being a girl for over twenty-four years, I am okay with the situation.”

Lori commented, “Well then, you have nothing to worry about. And you can just embrace your femininity.”

Lee stated, “I think I will just be me.”

Ed and Lori caught Lee's reference, as they said, in unison, “Good answer.”

Lee, Ed, and Lori then giggled a little at their private joke.

A few seconds later, as the three women calmed down, the green haired woman asked, “What is the joke?”

Lewis stated, “It is something similar to what Violin told our parents, a long time ago.”

The green haired woman replied, “Okay.”

Lee inquired, “Speaking of which. Who is this?”

Lewis introduced the two women to each other, “Rico, this is Lee. Lee, this is Rico.”

Rico turned to Ed and Lori, as she questioned, “And this would be?”

Lori look around them. And Lee could tell that Lori had a slight, concerned look on her face.

Lee thought, “Lori is worried about what she is going to say next, in front of everyone... Oh no... She is going to tell Rico about me...'

Lori turned to Rico, as she carefully said, “She is the person we told you about?”

Rico turned to Lee, as she deadpanned, “Really?”

Lee sarcastically thought, 'Just great. They told someone about me. I might as well admit it.' She stated, “Yea. Really.”

Rico was silent for a few seconds. She then took a couple of steps forwards, to stand two feet in front of Lee. Next, without warning, she slapped Lee across the right side of Lee's face, with her left hand.

The slap stunned Lee, but the blow did not harm Lee.

Rico then took a few steps back, to where she was standing beside the Lowe family.

As Lee used her right hand to rub her cheek, Lee could see conflicted expressions on the Lowe family's faces, as they looked back and forth, from her and Rico.

Lee thought, 'Even as geniuses, they are not sure how to react to this. On one hand, given what I did to Rico, and so many others. I deserve this, and more. On the other, the Lowe family prefers to avoid violence, when they can. I might as well be diplomatic about this.'

Lee dropped her right hand back to her side, as she said, “I deserved that.”

Rico flatly stated, “You deserve worse. But, I am not going to risk harming your unborn children.”

Ed stated, “Hold on, girls. There is no point in continuing this. It will only lead to trouble for the both of you.”

Lewis said, “Mom is right.”

Lee responded, “I agree with, Rico. I likely deserve worse. But, I already got worse, on this island.”

Rico stated, “I heard. But, I refused to lower myself to do such things. Even for revenge.”

Lee kindly said, “Yes. I appreciate that you have such firm standards. And to that end, is there anything I can do to help make up what I did up to you?”

Rico honestly answered, “I am not sure. But, I will think about your offer. And I will let you know, later. Back on the De La Plata Podrido.”

Lee asked, “What do you mean?”

Lori stated, “Rico has decided to come work for us, at the Last Resort Diner.”

Rico shrugged, as she said, “I miss all the fun. And my friends here figured that being with them, at the diner, was a good way to see the action, without being a part of it. And I happen to agree with them.”

Lee responded, “That is nice. Plata Podrido is a good place to be at. And the police chief is a nice guy. Actually, most of the people I know on that island are nice. I even know two nice bartenders there, whom are good at what they do.”

Rico commented, “I heard about Bao and Melanie. And I am glad that Bao found someone to be with.”

Lee asked, “So am I. Now, where are you staying? I ask, because the only two decent hotels on the island are the Devil's Hotel. On the north side of the island. Where Rock and Revy's crew are staying. And on the south side of the island is Chang's casino.”

Stan stated, “She is moving in with us.”

Lee commented, “That will solve a lot of problems. By the way, I would like to by your home the next time you have a cookout. I appreciate you inviting me on the last few cookouts you had.”

Stan said, “Yea. We like having you over. And the next time we have a cookout, we will let you know.”

Lee happily responded, “That you. I look forward to it. Also, besides that play we invited you to direct for, why haven't I seen you at the casino?”

Lewis answered for her sister, “Mom and dad have a strict, no gambling, rule for us. But, it was fun being directors.”

Ed commented, “Yes. It was.”

Lori stated, “Still, adults, or children. I don't want our two kids gambling.”

Lee saw Stan and Lewis sigh.

Lee thought, 'I need to help cheer them up. And it will win me points with Rico.” She commented, in a compassionate tone of voice, “Don't feel bad about that. Given my precognitive abilities, I don't gamble either. But, I am sure I can ask Chang for permission to let you five use the employee pool, gym, and maybe even the spa.”

Lee watched at the Lowe family and Rico smiled at her.

Rico conceded, “Lee, on your offer to make up for what you have done to me. Well, that is a start.”

Lee returned Rico's smile, as she replied, “Good.”

Lori stated, with a bit of forcefulness in her voice, “Like we have been telling you, Rico. Lee is not that bad a person. She just did something stupid.”

Rico mentioned, “Well, I just wish that if she were going to screw with our lives, that she would have patched up my relationship with one of my younger sisters. I am still having trouble getting her to talk to me.”

Lee asked, in a confused tone of voice, “Your sister?”

Rico smiled wickedly, as she coyly stated, “Oh yea. The series never outright stated that. But, I am sure you will eventually find out.”

Lee questioned, “I look forward to it. And let me guess, you guys know?”

The Lowe family members were all smiling mischievously, as Lori said, “Oh yea. But, it is not our secret to tell.”

Lee said, “I will find out on my own.”

Ed suggested, “We may not tell you, but why don't you ask Pedro to find out? He is a good investigator.”

Lee grinned as she replied, “I just might.” She mentally added, 'Ed is right. Pedro is good at investigating. And he might figure out who Rico's sister. But, that is for later. Due to my actions, the man has enough on his plate, as is.'

Rico asked, “Who is Pedro?”

Lee answered, “Pedro Del Soto is the Police Chief for De La Plata Podrido. The city island we all now live at. And yes. I know it translates to, of the rotten silver.”

Rico commented, “Yes. That is an interesting name. But, I have heard worse. Now, get on with your explanation.”

Lee stated, “Anyway, Pedro is also very friendly, and he hates bribes. But, he also is not afraid to get his hands dirty. And he is extremely genre savvy. Probably more so than myself. I would say that in his own way, he is almost as intelligent as Ed, Stan, and Lewis, here.”

Ed offhandedly said, “I wouldn't go that far.”

Lee stated, “During the time loop, right before the reset, I called him at home, and asked him a few questions. And from what I said to him, he correctly that we were in a time loop.”

Ed conceded, “Okay. You might have a point.”

Stan questioned, “Are you sure he didn't remember that time loop.”

Lee flatly said, “Positive. That man would have done a lot more fun things if he did.”

Stan let out a laugh. She then agreed, “I bet he would.”

Rico commented, “While I heard about the time loop, I did not know about that.”

Lee asked, “No one did. Except for myself.” She mentally added, 'And maybe one other.' She verbally continued, in a sober tone of voice, “But, since I cannot make this up to you. I hope you don't have anything planned for me, after I have my children.”

Rico stated, “I don't plan to do anything to you. I am not going to hurt you, after you give birth to your children.”

Lee replied, “Thank you.”

Rico commented, “But, we will work out something, for you to make up for what you did to me. As I said, I need to think about it.”

Lee responded, “Okay. But, keep in mind, not everything I did to you was bad.”

Rico admitted, “I know. You did give me a lot of new friends.” She looked around her, at the Lowe family, whom smiled at her.

The five women then turned back to Lee, as Rico continued, “So, there is that. And I plan to be far more reasonable about what I will request, than some of the others.”

Lee complimented, “Well, you are one of the most civil.”

Rico said, “Thank you.”

Lee stated, “As such, I am sure we will work something out that we can both live with. And in the meantime, there are some things I can do for you, to make your stay on that island city even better.”

Rico conceded, “That will help a lot.”

Suddenly Lee felt her intestines rumble, over the lump in her stomach that was her pregnant womb.

Lee thought, 'I need to get something to eat.' She said, “Well, I would like to thank you for you kindness, ladies. And for your understanding, Rico.”

In response, Rico nodded once towards Lee.

Lee continued, “But, I need to get something to eat.”

Lori responded, “Given you are eating for three, that is understandable.”

Lee let out a laugh. She then said, “Yes. I am.”

Rice commented, “It has been interesting.”

Lee agreed, “Truly. It has.”

Lewis said, “Have a good day, Lee.”

Lee responded, “You too.”

Stan commented, “We will have to get together later day, or tomorrow.”

Lee replied, “I look forward to it.”

Ed said, “We will talk to you later, Lee”

Lee teased, “It's a date.”

The other five women laughed, as Lee turned, and started walking through the crowd of women, towards the nearest food table.

When Lee reached the nearest food table, she noticed that she was alone at the table. She then head for where the plastic plates were located on the table.

As Lee came to a stop at the table, and she reached for a plastic plate, she heard, to her right, a feminine female voice say, in a playful manner, “Hey there, lover girl.”

Lee turned to see Rock standing right beside her.

Rock was wearing a revealing leopard skin pattern bikini top and bottom.

Lee joked, “You have been hanging around Benny and Janet for too long.”

Rock giggled a little. She then admitted, “Maybe I have. So, how are you enjoying the party?”

Lee responded, “While, I have only been talking to people, so far. It has been fun, meeting those I know, again. Along with meeting some new people, as well.”

Rock asked, “Who did you meet?”

Lee answered, “The Lowe family introduced me to Rico.”

Rock grinned, as she questioned, “Does she know about you?”

Lee casually stated, “Yes. But, I believe we have reached an understanding between the two of us.”

Rock commented, “Good. And that is why we continue these parties. Most of us don't see each other regularly, so this is just a good excuse for everyone to get together and say, hi.”

Lee said, “I see your point.” She thought, 'While I wrote different reasons for having these parties. I guess you would view these parties this way. And it is a good excuse to have a party.'

Rock mentioned, “And just so you know, the real fun starts tomorrow.”

Lee deadpanned, “You are not going to have an orgy? Are you?” She thought, 'I didn't write one. But, one never knows with this crowd.'

Rock flatly replied, “Of course not.”

Lee continued staring at Rock. A few seconds later, Rock sighed, as she continued, “Okay. There was that one time, when none of the kids came to the island, for the party. And our children were not on the island, either... But, that is in the past. And we know you are not responsible for the incident.”

Lee said, “Good.”

Rock teased, “Still, that doesn't mean we don't have some secluded spots, places, and rooms, picked out for lovers to go to, for some private time.”

Lee let out a laugh. She then said, “I might take you up on that offer, later.”

Rock replied, “Just let me, or Benny know. We will tell you where to go with River and Chang.”

Lee said, “Okay. And, all joking aside, I am sure this will be a good party, which you all put on.”

Rock sarcastically stated, “And here I thought you would take credit.”

Lee casually replied, “Nah. You girls did all the work.”

Rock said, “Thank you.” She looked down at slight rounded pouch on Lee's stomach. She then looked up at Lee's, as she asked, “So, how is the pregnancy progressing?”

Lee honestly answered, “Actually, I am feeling pretty good. The morning sickness is almost all gone.”

Rock happily said, “Glad to hear it. And it is fun see you go through what you made us go through.”

Lee pointed out, “Times two.”

Rock giggled a little. She then stated, “True. And you better not wuss out and get a c-section. I want you to give birth to both your children, the natural way. Revy, Dutch, Benny, Janet, and I, would be upset if you did not go through what we went through.”

Lee replied, “Don't worry. I plan to do so.” She thought, 'Even though it will almost certainly hurt like hell. Two times over.'

Rock commented, “Good. Speaking of which, Revy wants to be there for the births.”

Lee flatly stated, “That woman just does not quit.”

Rock smiled, as she stated, “That is why she is nicknamed, Revy. She doesn't quit anything. And I mean anything... That is why I am still with her.”

Both women giggled a little at Rock's comment.

As they calmed down, Lee said, “Listen, Rock. We will talk about it. But, if she comes, I want you there, to keep her from doing anything stupid. Nor, allow her to ruin the moment with a smart ass remark.”

Rock shrugged, as she said, “I can go along with that.”

Lee flatly stated, “And no recording devices.”

Rock said, with slight disappointed in her tone of voice, “She was hoping for a record of the births.”

Lee stated, “Well, she is not getting getting a recoding of me going through that...” Then a thought accorded to Lee, as she continued, “You guys didn't video tape the births of your children? Did you?” She thought, 'While I did not write that. With this crew, I won't put it passed them.'

There was a quiet silence, as the light sea breeze blew between them, for a couple of second, with only soft rock music playing in the background.

Rock then quietly said, “No comment.”

Lee realized, as she thought, with humor, 'They did!' Lee began laughed from a few seconds.

Rock remained silent, at Lee continued to laugh.

As Lee calmed down, she said, “Don't worry. I don't want to see those videos. Besides, I am going to find out about such matters, in detail, in around six and a half months.”

Rock complimented, “That is a good way to look at it. By the way, you may not know this, but in a few months those hormones raging in you are going to make you really horny. Which was quite a treat for us. Especially for Benny and Janet. Along with Revy and I. Revy and myself hit that point around the same time. At which point, we didn't spend much time outside of our bedroom, for about a month. It was quite a fun time for the two of us.”

Lee admitted, in a matter of fact manner, “Oh. I already knew that from the research I did. I just didn't include it because I was already pushing the envelop on the content. And I didn't want those scenes to turn into a farce.”

Rock commented, “That is a good point.”

Lee smiled, as she said, in a plain manner, “And it will be hard to tell when I reach that point, given the activities I am regularly doing with the two people I am with.”

Rock giggled a little. She then said, “With those two, I am not surprised. Also, Annie mentioned you enjoy girl talk with her.”

Lee shrugged, she then stated, “Well, she is trustworthy on such matter. And unlike guys, Where it is just a question of if you did it, or not. With little, or no details given. With girls, they talk about every little detail, for hours on end. And I find that a lot of fun to be able to participate in such discussions.”

Rock happily responded, “So do I. It is like everyone comparing notes for the next time they do it.”

Lee agreed, “Exactly.”

As each of them picked up a plastic plate and started to serve themselves some food, Rock said, “As fun as it would be to continued talking here. There is something I would like to talk to you about, in private.”

Lee stated, “Sure. Let's get our food and drinks. Then, we head over to one of the tables to talk.”

Rock replied, “My thoughts exactly.”

Lee complimented, “By the way, you pull off that leopard skin bikini quite well.”

Rock smiled, as she replied, “Thanks. Revy got it from me.”

Lee thought, 'Revy was probably inspired by the leopard skin bikini that Roberta was shown wearing in the Black lagoon Swimsuit magazine. Though, I wonder when she learned of the magazine. A discussion for another time. Now, to tell Rock where I got my bikini from.'

Lee said, “I can guess. And River got this one for me.”

Rock complimented, “It suits you.”

Lee responded, “Thanks. Now, let us get our meals, sit down, and talk.”

The two women then finished making their plates. Next, they pulled their plastic utensils on top of their food, and a napkin under their plates, between the plate and the hand they were holding their plates on.

With their free hands, each picked up a pre-made glass of iced lemon, on the far end of the food table.

The two women then walked away from the crowds of women, and to the tables, with chairs, set by the food tables.

Rock and Lee then headed for the table on the far corner, away from everyone.

The tables they picked did not have an umbrella over it. But, neither woman minded.

After they set their plate drinks down on the table, they sat in chairs across from each other.

While Lee sat down, she thought, 'Given the distance from the others. Along with the slightly breeze blowing towards the crowd. And the music playing the background. Even with enhanced hearing of some of those in the crowd, at this distance, the other women will not hear what we say. Now, to find out what Rock want to know from me.'

As soon as Lee was comfortable in her seat, and she saw Rock was the same, she asked “So, what you want to talk to me about?”

Rock answered, “It is about our conversation at the factory on Mars?”

Lee admitted, in a sober tone of voice, “I am sorry, Rock. But, as you may have realized. For me, that was several years ago. I barely remember what we discussed then.”

Rock commented, “Well, you were quite arrogant in those conversations.”

Lee responded, “Okay. While I don't remember all that was said. I did remember my state of mind at the time. And I was not so much as arrogant, as I was desperate. And pushing all the buttons you girls have was one of my few options, in that situation.”

Rock shrugged, as she conceded, “Okay. I might have done the same thing in your position.”

Lee replied, “I am glad you understand... So, what is this about?”

Rock said, “It is about what you said during that conversation. You said you had similar experiences as what I did in my series. That while I dreamed, my soul went to other alternate versions of myself. In this case, the omakes of my series. You had similar experiences of visiting the bodies of your counterparts in other realities, while you body slept. Do you remember what you said about that?”

Both of them were quite for a few seconds, as Rock could tell from the expression on Lee's face, that Lee was trying to remember what Rock was talking about.

Lee then placed her elbows onto the table, to the sides of her plate, as she cupped her face with her hands, for a few seconds.

She then lifted up her head, as she moved her arms to where the were on the table. For her left arm, she laid it between herself, and her plate, with her left hand hanging off the table. With her right arm, she laid it across the table, in front of her, beside her plate.

Lee then looked Rock in her eyes, as she soberly said, “I do remember... And you know what. It is frustrating to have no one to talk to about this. Because it is so far beyond the norm that I don't know of anyone that has experienced this, but you.”

Rock looked Lee in Lee's eyes, as she thought, 'Lee's serious about this. And it is clear that this matter is just as important to her, as it is to me.”

Rock continued to look Lee in Lee's eyes, as she leaned over the table, as she used her left hand to reach across the table, to gently clasp Lee' open right hand.

Rock gave Lee a comforting smile, as she said, “Well it is good to have someone to talk to about this... Someone that has been through this.”

Lee returned Rock's smile, as she replied, “You're right. It is.”

Rock then let go of Lee's hand, as she lean up and placed her hands in her lap.

Lee also place her hands in her own lap.

Lee continued to smile at Rock, as she calmly said, “You have to admire the situation I am in. I am talking, face to face, to someone I thought. Several years ago. Was just fictional character. I have lived decades as a guy. I then lived decades as a girl. I have experienced a childhood in each gender. I am pregnant. With twins. I have two gender bending lovers that I enjoy have sex with in almost any type of gender combination that you can imagine. And I still think possessing my alternate counterpart selves is likely the weirdest experiences of my life. And it drives me nuts to have no one to talk to about it.”

“Even River cannot really talk to me about it, because it is more am emotional experience, with little thought in involved.”

Rock stated, “I completely agree. And I completely understand. Personally, I found the disorientation after transferring back to my body as I wake up to be the worst.”

Lee responded, “No kidding. It is a juggled mess. It is like reading a book, and then forgetting the words on most of the pages. You generally know what happened in the book. But, you only remember bits and pieces of the scenes.”

Rock replied, “Exactly. The best comparison is the, memory swiss-cheese, effect from the show Quantum Leap. Though, unlike Sam Beckett, we fortunately didn't just keep leaping from body to body. And instead, we returned to our own bodies, in our own times, in our own realities, when we woke up.”

Lee agreed, “That would be a good comparison. I think this a limitation to the human mind. We cannot think non-linearly. If a memory does not fit our memory timeline, our mind tries to forget it. That is also why I find sensing the future is so difficult. I have nothing to anchor the memory too, until the events start to play out.”

Rock realized, as she responded, “I can see what you are getting at. That is why you made sure that Birdy and Tsutomu's personal memories did not get merged together. It would have been a jumbled mess for them, and the person they became.”

Lee stated “Yes. That is exactly when I did that for Birdy, Tsutomu, and the person they became. And on that matter. Have you told Birdy about me? Even River is not sure.”

Rock answered, “We did. She is on the fence about you. On one hand she always faced the fear of losing one of her selves to the other. But, the way you did it, she did not completely lose either identity. But, she did mourn no longer being with her true love, as two separate lovers.”

Lee pointed out, “I did leave the literal escape clause, that while their mind is one, their souls are still two. And when they die, their souls would be separate, and they would be together again, as lovers.”

Rock stated, “We know. Even before we learned about you, and your stories. That revelation came out. So, when Birdy learned from Violin that there was life after death, she inquired further, by talking to Annie. And when Annie confirmed she did have two souls, it made her day.”

“To that end, she, Nataru, her husband, are planning, in a few centuries, after they both die, to have a threesome between each other. By the way, while Nataru is nice guy. Much like the maids. You do not want to hurt those he cares for.”

Lee asked, “Should I be worried about him, or any other the others in the Shinmyou family?”

Rock answered, “No. You shouldn't need to worry. While they all know about you and the stories. Nataru is happy with the life he has. And Yuuichi is having to much fun with Little D, and their business, to care. And as you know, Violin is okay with her situation.”

Lee commented, “Good. Also, V.T. hinted at what happen to those two, when you caught them, for their actions, no secretly crashing these parties, when they were younger.”

Rock sighed, as she admitted, “Yea. At the time, we just learned about you and your stories. And we were not in the best frame of mind. We needed someone to vent our rage on, and when we learned that Yuuichi and Little D were playing peeping toms at parties like this. Without us knowing. They became our scapegoats...”

Rock took a deep breath. She slowly let it out. She continued, “Though, not to upset the Shinmyou and Crichton families, we only captured them. Brought them to this island. Used instant package of spring of drowned girl on them. And make them dress up in bikinis for a day. As they followed us around, inside our home, and outside, on the island.”

Lee conceded, “Okay. That was not to bad a punishment. And that would be light, compared to what could have happened.” She thought, “And nothing compared to what you all did to me.'

Rock responded, “You're right. But, why did you have that no boys rule.”

Lee stated, “Well, I did admit it was hypocritical. Have that rule is the only way to work such parties as this. And I did allow for men to be temporarily change into women to attend these parties. But, to change the gender of child, without good reason. Is very, very wrong.”

“Though, I did address this hypocrisy, by having those two explain how they crashed you parties. In an interesting use of Yuuichi's temporal abilities. And by having them mention the parties at the beginning of Book Three. With the readers, at the time, not knowing what these parties were. Because they were stated at the end of Book Three. Made for a good mind screw, and pleasurable re-reading experience.”

Rock let out a laugh. She then agreed, “You are right about that.”

Lee questioned, in a sober tone of voice, “Still, concerning your revenge on them. I hope they don't blame me for what happened to them?”

Rock responded, “No. They don't. Still, why did you do that to Birdy? Why did you merge her two personalities?”

Lee quietly said, “I know this sounds cold, but I wanted to do the tragic lovers angle with them. Their series talked about mental fusion of one mind overwriting the other. I wanted to show the alternative, and of true mind fusion. Where there is not an overwrite, but a true merger of two minds and personalities. That is why I made sure Birdy received a happy ending with a loving husband, Nataru. With both her and him having good jobs they like. And two caring children. Violin, and Yuuichi. That she and Nataru could love. Whom ended up being successful at what they do.”

Lee voice turned more energetic, as she continued, “By the way, that lunch with V.T., back at the Devil's Hotel was fun.”

Rock commented, “It looked like it was. And I will admit that what you did for the Shinmyou family was a good example of the happy endings you gave us.”

Lee honestly responded, “I had to do it. These happy endings were a reward for all the pain and misery I put you all through. And though I changed you, I made sure that I left you with a better lives than the ones you had. All of you got something for your troubles. I just wish you all realized that... Well, in your case, sooner than you have, now...”

Rock admitted, “I think River and Annie had the right idea about you. They tried to tell us, but we won't listen. But, now I understand.”

Lee looked at Rock, in her eyes.

From behind Lee's eyes, Rock could see that Lee was emotionally tired.

Lee softly stated, in a tired tone of voice, “It is good that you finally understand... Because Rock, we have literally hurt each other. Lied to each other. Screwed each other... We have done everything short of killing each other... Let us just be friends... It would be so much simpler... So much easier... And much nicer for both of us...”

Rock immediately held out her right hand, across the table, as she calmly replied, “I agree. Friends?”

Lee reach out with her right hand, across the table.

Then both gently, through firmly, shook hands, as Lee responded, “Friends.”

A few seconds later, they released their handshake.

They then focused on their lunches.

And as the two women slowly ate their lunches, they continued carrying on their conversation for the next few hours.

By the time they had both finished their lunches, and their conversation, Rock and Lee found they had become good friends, whom were able to put their shared past behind them.

(_)

Lee and everyone else on the island, found the rest of the week long party to be fun, engaging, and entertaining.

Throughout the week, the food was good. The weather remained pleasant. And the company was relaxing.

The Lagoon family also held their various games, and contest. With the only prizes being bragging rights.

The list of contests including firearm contests. Lee entered the firearm contest and she did not even score in the top ten. But, she still had fun.

Though, when it came to knife throwing, she was ranked third. With Shenhua being first. And Ranma was a close second.

Still, Lee did not even come close in the sparring and racing match. But, she did find the tug of rope contests, between teams, to be entertaining.

And Lee was surprised that the Lagoon family held bikini mud wrestling contests. She was even more surprised when Revy made her compete against Revy, herself. They they were both careful not to harm the small children inside Lee. And after a very messy bout, Revy won. Fortunately, the mud came off easy, in the shower. And Lee changed into another bikini, afterward.

Also, though Lee did not know how to surf. She found the surfing contest to be fun to watch. But, River, Chang, and Ranma, were kind enough to teach her the basics.

And Lee decided she would look into learning surfing, a month, or two, after her children were born.

In addition, there were even nightly karaoke contests. Which were interesting for Lee, on several levels.

And Lee found it hilarious to watch Violin sing, the Vapors song, I am turning Japanese. First in english. Then, she sang the song in japanese.

All the while, as Violin sang that song, Lee only thoughts were of mild amusement. With Lee thinking, 'I literally did that to Violin.'

Not surprising, Lee won one of the nightly karaoke contests. With Ranma, Sawyer, and Eda, winning during one of those nightly contests.

And even though Lee was forced to be a part of the bikini contest, at the end of the party. Where each of the women would got onto the podium in the backyard of the mansion, with the others present giving them scores for their appearance. Even Lee was allowed to vote. And she voted fairly. Even for those who had punished her.

To everyone's surprise, when it was Lee's turned to walk on the podium, only a handful of women gave Lee low scores. Most of the women gave Lee a medium to high score. Putting Lee in the upper middle of the rankings for the bikini contest. Along with this, it was a pleasant surprise when it was revealed that Revy was the winner of the bikini contest.

And there was no cheating, considering those whom counted the votes were Rock, Roberta, River, and Annie.

The next morning, after the bikini party's officially end, everyone whom did not live on the island. Including Lee, Chang, and River. Woke up. Got cleaned up, and dressed normally. And they then packed their belongings in their luggage, in preparation of leaving the island, soon after.

Though, before everyone left, most of them stayed, to have breakfast on the island.

During breakfast, Rock mentioned, to those present, that her family would be right behind the others, in returning to Plata Podrido.

After breakfast, everyone said their goodbyes, and Lee, Chang, and River used River's reality device to teleport back to living room of the Daiyu Palace Casino, penthouse apartment.

Lee looked over at the clock, and she noticed that they had only been gone for five minutes, local reality time.

The three lovers then unpacked, and spend the rest of the day getting back into the groove of their daily lives.

(_)

The morning after Lee, River, Chang, and the others, returned to the De La Plata Podrido, was a day that Lee was looking forward to.

It was Lee's bi-monthly doctor's checkup. And it was the day that Lee was going to learn the sexes of the two children she was carrying inside her body.

River was with Lee, as Simon did the checkup. And the sonogram showed that Lee was carrying a pair of boys. Also, from the placement of the placentas, and that there were two separate amniotic sacs. With each individual sac surrounding one of unborn children. The children were fraternal twins. Not identical twins.

Lee also had a pinprick finger blood test performed on her, from one of Simon's more advance medical machines.

The test was similar diabetic blood test. Which took a drop of blood from the side of Lee's left forth finger, and onto a test strip, to be read by a small machine. The blood test did not even require a small bandage, afterward. The blood test showed that that Lee's blood has slightly higher levels of testosterone, than a woman her age usual had. This confirmed that Lee was at least having one son. And given the duration of the pregnancy, this merely, compared to how accurate a sonogram was at this time period of a pregnancy, all but confirmed that Lee was having two sons.

After the checkup was over, Lee got up off the exam table, and pulled her shirt down.

Fortunately, since she was just have basic blood pressure, pulse, and sonogram, she did not have to take off her clothing. Though, she did have to lay down and left up her shirt, for the sonogram machine.

After Lee was finished with Simon. And she, and her children, were given a clean bill of health. Given Lee medical needs were complimentary, within Chang's casino, Lee did not have to pay after her exam was finished.

Lee and River left Simon's doctor's office, through the reception area, and finally exiting out of the door, into on of side hallways of the casino. On the first floor, near the gaming floor.

They walked down an empty hallway, for about a minute, as they headed for the back elevator bay, to take them to their penthouse apartment. It was then, that Lee noticed River suddenly coming to a stop in the middle of the hallway.

There was no one else around them, as Lee stopped, as well. She turned around to face River, as she asked, with concern in her tone of voice, “What is it?”

River turned to Lee, as she said, in a calm tone of voice, “Lee, there is something I need to ask you. And it is a very big favor.”

While Lee realized that River had something important to say. To keep the mood between them from becoming to serious, Lee questioned, in a matter of fact manner, “Okay. What?”

River calmly responded, “Not here. We need to talk in private.”

Lee suggested, “Okay, tell me when we get upstairs.”

River said, “That will be fine.”

Lee then turned and started walking down the hallway, with River catching up to her.

When River reached Lee, Lee started walking beside her, with River being to Lee's left side.

As they continued on their way to the elevator bay, Lee asked, “So, what do you think of having sons?”

River said, “I would be happy, either way. And chances are they could be both. Why didn't you want to do those DNA tests? Simon could easily tell if they inherited my gender bending abilities.”

Lee carefully responded, with slight stress in her tone of voice, “There are risks to using a needle to puncture the amniotic sac, to get the fluid for the tests. And I would have to have it done twice. I just don't feel safe about doing so.”

River said, “I will respect your choice.”

Lee commented, “Good. Besides. All I wanted to do was know the gender of our children. And a sonogram at this point in my pregnancy will tell me that. And such devices, in the hands of professions, such as Simon, are safe to use.”

River agreed, “You are right about that. So, given everything about you, what is your opinion on the matter of their gender?”

Lee said, in a matter of fact manner, “Like you. I could care less. I love them either way.”

River teased, “Well, look on the bright side. If they were girls, you would have to eventually talk to them about their periods.”

Lee questioned, in a slightly annoyed tone of voice, “And why is that?”

River pointed out, “Because you are the only one of us that still goes through that.”

Lee rolled her eyes for a few seconds, before looked back in front of herself. Lee joked, “River, you are such a tease.”

River giggled a little.

As River calmed down, Lee commented, “And if we did have girl, or two, after this. I figured the two of us would give her, or them, the talk.”

River agreed, “Fair enough... And I find it interesting that you are even thinking about having more children?”

Lee answered, “While with me locked in this form, I am not able to father a child. I figure that eventually, you and Chang might conceive our child. Though, given Chang's masculine personality, you would likely be the one carrying the next child to term.”

River admitted, in an amused tone of voice, “You may have a point there. And I have thought about it. You seem to be enjoying the experience of being pregnant.”

Lee replied, “Yes. I am.”

River stated, “Well, since you are wondering. I might do it. And given the way you arranged for our abilities. There are no real chance of accidental pregnancy, when it comes to one of us becoming pregnant... And that smooths things over in the bedroom.”

Lee happily responded, “You got that right. And I would likely go through being pregnant, again... Still, that would depend on many factors I don't know, yet. Such as how difficult it is to raise children. And how painful the labor and births are.”

River commented, “It is nice to keep an open mind. Maybe next time, we will both go through with it, together.”

Lee shrugged, as she stated, “I won't mind. That seems to work with the others. But, there is one thing for sure. As much as I respect, Chang. He is not giving the birds and the bees speech to our kids.”

River smiled, as she said, “Agreed.”

Both women reached an intersession, they turned, and continued walking down another hallway.

Lee commented, “Still... I hope our kids don't get into too much trouble, as they grow up.”

River stated, “If our sons are anything like Simon, we have nothing to worry about.”

Lee grinned mischievously, as she asked, “Let me guess. You were the troublemaker in your family?”

River happily answered, “You know me far, to well.”

Lee inquired, “So, what are the odds on the casino betting pool of the genders of our children?”

River said, “I am not sure myself. But, how did you know about that bet?”

Lee commented, “With this crew. If they did not have such a bet going on, about this, I would be sorely disappointed.”

River burst out laughing, for a few seconds, as they continued on their way to the back elevator bay.

(_)

A few minutes later, they made it to the elevator bay, where River used her elevator key to open the express elevator.

After they made it to the penthouse, they headed for the hallway door that lead into their living room.

When they reach the hallway door, that lead to the living room, River used another key to unlocked the door. She then opened it, and walked through. Lee walked right behind her, and Lee gently shut the door behind herself.

Lee soon came to a stop, as she watched River walk across the room, towards a book case, which was a series of shelves, on the far side of the couch, to their left.

Lee noted the time, on the clock in the room. It was eleven ten AM.

As River continued to walk, Lee asked, “Okay. What is this about?”

While River continued walking over to the book case, with her back to Lee, she answered, “One minute. I need to get something first.”

When River reached the book case, Lee watched as she quickly pulled out what appeared to be an old, thick book, bound in brown leather, from a shelf that was at River's chest level.

Lee thought, 'At least you know what you are looking for, and where to find it.'

River turned back around to face Lee, as she cracked a grin She replied, “You are correct about that.'

River then walked back over to Lee, with the book in her hands.

River soon came to a stop, a few feet in front of Lee, with both lovers looking at each other in the face.

Lee plainly stated, “So, you are holding an old book. That means that book is more than it appears.”

River admitted, “Yes. It is.”

Lee asked, “So, what is this favor you want of me?”

River sighed. She then said, “It is about our children, and some of my future plans. Before you took off into the multiverse, do you remember our conversation, where I said I had plans concerning Wash and Book.”

Lee honestly admitted, “Vaguely. Very vaguely...”

River commented, “Well, at the time, I didn't realize I would be arranging for you to get pregnant.”

Lee said, with suspicion her tone of voice, “I think I know where this is going.”

River replied, “I guess you would. My plans were after your mess was settled, I would get pregnant, and have them reincarnated as my children.” She held up the book in her hands, as she continued, “And this book will let me do it. It has magic spells. And I have learned a few of them. Including, the two spells we need to use.” She then lower her book, to where it was in front of her waist.

Lee pointed out, “I don't need to remind you how dangerous magic can be.”

River admitted, “Yes. But, like everything else. If we are careful, we should be fine. We are going to do this carefully. And we are not doing anything horrible to achieve our goals.”

Lee stated, “But, I can guess what you want to do. You want to find Wash and Book's souls and then place them in the children I am carrying.”

River replied, “Yes.”

Lee flatly inquired, “And what about the souls that are already in my children?”

River stated, “I did do some research on that very question. The two souls should merge in the one body, and the child should grow up fine.”

Lee asked, “Are you sure?”

River said, “All the experts I have talked to, on the matter, say the children will be fine. And I even made sure to confirm that Wash and Book won't accidentally wind up in the same body. That cannot happen. They will each enter the bodies of one of your children. Not the same child.”

Lee more forcibly questioned, “I ask again. Are you sure, because I don't want to cause insanity, or worse, for our children?”

River said, as her voice took a hard tone, “I am sure. You know that I would do nothing that would risk our children out all.”

Lee calmly stated, “That is all I wanted to know.”

There was an uneasy silence between the two lovers, for a few seconds.

River calmly asked, “So, will you do it?

River and Lee went silent, again, for several seconds, as Lee carefully thought over the decision.

And while River could read Lee's thought, she did not reply to them.

River thought, 'She is thinking very hard on this matter. Weighting the pros and cons on this matter. And if she says, no. I will not hold it against her... And when we decide to have more kids. I will make sure I am the mother, and I will do what I plan, then. Though, I may have to get pregnant twice, considering twins are a little rare.'

Lee calmly said, “I will do it. I owe you too much as it is. And this will help everyone involved.”

River calmly replied, “Thank you.”

Lee stated, “Besides. I know that if I declined. You would intentionally get your pregnant to do this.”

Lee watched a River's eyes widened ever so slightly, before quickly returning to normal.

River then noticed Lee giving her a knowing smile.

River thought, 'She realized what I was thinking. And just now. Not a few moments ago, when I was reading her mind... It is so nice, that given everything that has happened, she is still on the ball... And her stomach will soon be a ball... Hehehe...' River returned smile.

Lee dropped her smile, as she went onto say, in a firm tone of voice, “You already stated you originally planned to get pregnant to do this. Maybe twice. So, it is no surprise you would try to do this behind my back. And that would mean two more children we would have to raise. When raising, one child. Let alone two children, can be a handful.”

River carefully said, “I won't deny what you are saying is true.”

Lee smile turned warm towards River, as she responded, “I know. And I am not upset about this. Still, I would like to know why did you wait this long?”

River answered, in a matter of fact way, “Things just kept coming up.”

Lee shrugged, as she agreed, “Yea. That tends to happen... So, considering this will require magic. I have to ask. When did you learn magic?”

River happily said, “Everyone needs a hobby. And I found that, like everything else I learn, I have a talent for learning, and using magic.”

Lee stated, “Yes. Your creators really left you wide open, when it comes to your, imagination, intelligence, learning curve, and skills.”

River said, “That would be correct. Still, I am a bit of a beginner. But, in some cases, all you need is a firm grasp of the basics.”

Lee questioned, “Are you quoting the Avatar series?”

River answered, “I am paraphrasing, Iroh, to be exact.”

Lee said, “You are going to have to tell me someday, when you found the time to watch that series.”

River replied, “I will. But, that is for later.”

Lee asked, “True. So, who has been teaching you?”

River stated, “I am mostly self taught. But, I am very careful. And I have visited various realities to talk to magic users on proper safety precautions.”

Lee said, in a cautious tone of voice, “Okay. Just don't do any accident demonic possessions.”

River carefully stated, “Don't worry. First, we summon to confirm who it is, then we do the transfer. And the way the spells are done, it will have to be willing by all parties.”

Lee replied, “Good. Still, either way, this will be a possession. As such, will this possession also effect control over my body?”

River answered, “Only if you want it to. They will eventually go dormant in a month or so. With their memories naturally sealing until they are older. Which we can unseal later. But now, for a month or so, they will be very aware of the situation.”

Lee responded, “That is fine. They are both good people. And I don't mind them taking control of my body, as long as I can re-take control, as needed. Besides, they will likely want to talk to a few of those here, that they know.”

River teased, “Or, maybe even more.”

Lee sighed. She then said, “I can imagine. And if they want to do that. I don't have a problem with it.”

River replied, “Neither, do I.”

Lee questioned, “So, does Chang know what we are about to do?”

River answered, “Of course. He was the one who gave me this book. We worked out variations to this plans long before we learned the truth about Violin, and read your stories, on how you did it. But, with Violin, we know it is possible, and can be successfully done.”

Lee inquired, “So, after we do this. When are we going to tell the others?”

River said, “This afternoon, when we get back. Might as well get it out in the open.”

Lee replied, “I agree. I just hope Zoe and the others are not upset about this.”

River commented, “I doubt it. Now, let me go get my reality device, so we can get this done. I have plans for tonight, with you. To celebrate.”

Lee grinned, as she said, “That sounds good.”

(_)

A few minutes later, an a reality away, Lee and River teleport to another world, in another time.

Lee stood beside, River, as River held her reality device in her right hand, and she had her book of magical spells tucked under her left arm.

Lee took a few steps away from River, as she took a look around.

The first thing Lee noticed was that it was a very cloudy day. With dark clouds. Though, there was still enough light coming through the holes in the clouds, to tell that it was day time.

The next thing Lee noticed was that is was still sprinkling rain. Though, the weather was slightly warm. Also, from the wetness on the concrete, buildings, and hills, surrounding her, she could tell that worst of the rain has long since passed, and that it would soon stop raining all together.

And while the concrete ground beneath them was wet, it was not soaked, with most of the water already drained away.

Lee then turned to look at the large building, with a closed hangers doors, she and River were standing beside.

River stated, “This is my home reality. And I made sure it is not an alternate reality.”

Lee turned around to face River, as she inquired, “Where in the Verse, are we?”

River said, “Welcome to one of the most famous communications relays in the Verse.”

Lee stated, “Let me guess. This is moon where Mister Universe used to live?”

River replied, “Yes.”

Lee calmly asked, “So, we are retrieving, Wash, first?”

River said, “Yes.”

Lee inquired, “So, when is it?”

River answered, “It is late afternoon. A few hours after my friends and I left this moon, during that film?”

Lee said, in a comforting tone of voice, “I hope this isn't bringing back any bad memories.”

River calmly answered, “Only the ones that we are about to solve.”

Lee asked, “So, what do you need me to do?”

River pocketed her reality device. She then pulled out her book, from under her left arm, and opened it with both hands. She looked down at the book, as she page through it, while she said, “I know it is wet. But, for this to work. I need to to laid down on you back, and spread you legs.”

Lee replied, “Okay. I trust you.”

Lee looked down at the concrete floor under them. She then laid down on her back, on a spot on the wet concrete, where there was no puddles. River was to her left side.

Fortunately, Lee found the concrete was barely wet, with the water, during the previous rain storm, had clearly sheeted off, and drained away, on the concrete, as it hit the hard ground. With the concrete not retaining much water, and instead the concrete only had a light dampness to it.

Lee then spread her legs slightly open.

Lee looked up at River, as said, “Ready.”

Lee saw River had stopped paging through the spell book.

River continued look in book, as she said, “Found the first spell.”

River then chanted some words in a language that Lee did not recognize.

A second later, Lee saw Wash's ghost, in the clothing he usually wore, appear standing between, and away from the two women, by a few feet.

River kept her book open, in both hands, as she looked up at the translucent ghost of Wash. She smiled, as she said, “Hi Wash.”

Wash looked down at himself, then at River, to Lee, then back to River, as he said, in a confused, ghostly, tone of voice, in english, “What is going, River?”

River answered, in a calm tone of voice, “Wash, I hate to tell you this. But, you died. And you are now nothing but a soul.”

Wash joked, “And you are remarkably lucid.”

River giggled a little. She then coyly said, “A lot has happen. But, thanks for noticing.”

Wash said, “You're welcome. By the way, I like the red hair. I knew it would look good on you. Considering, how sometimes, the light would reflect off your hair to make it appear red.”

River replied, “Thank you.”

Wash inquired, “Now, back to the matter at hand. What do you mean at lot has happen? You look barely any older than the last time I saw you.”

River answered, “I may look young. But, it has been a very long time for me. We are from the future.”

Wash questioned, “Time travel?”

River replied, “To say the least.”

Wash pointed out, “But, it feels like I just left you guys. I mean, I remember leaving a white light. But, it felt like the white light wanted me to leave, because it wanted me back here, for my own good.”

River stated, “That is nice to know. For you, it has only been a few days since your death. For us, and the others, it has been some time.”

Wash asked, with concern in his ghostly voice, “Does that include Zoe?”

River said, “Yes. Though, she is still young. And she never stopped loving you. She hasn't really dated anyone since your death.”

There was an uneasy silence for a few seconds. Wash then said, in a sober tone of voice, “That is very sad to hear. I was hoping, if god forbid, something happened to me... Which clearly it did... That she would move on and find someone else to love.”

River responded, “We both know that Zoe rarely ever openly showed affection to anyone. Save for you. For her, you were the one in the million. Her true love.”

There was another pause of silence for a few seconds. Wash then quietly asked, “I take this is not just a social call to break my ghostly heart?”

River gave Wash a weak smile, as she calmly answered, “No. We have a plan to bring you back.”

Wash responded, “That is nice. But, first...” He looked over at Lee, then back at River, as he asked, “Who is this woman with you?”

Lee flatly stated, “The mother in this situation.”

River could not help but giggle a little.

Wash replied, “Huh?”

River answered, “As I said. We have a way to bring you back. And it is through reincarnation. This woman here is a very good friend of mine, and she is pregnant. She has agreed to allow you to be reincarnated through one of her children.”

Wash stated, with slight disbelief in his ghostly voice, “You want me to literally be reborn into another human being? That is a lot of time and effort. Can't you just bring me back in my body? You clearly summoned my soul here. I mean, I would think this alone would be impossible. But, coming from you, I think this is just one of you many hidden talents.”

River responded, “Thank you. And I did look into that possibility. And it would lead to even more problems. Least of which is how you died. You died messy. The lance that impaled you could not have been better aimed.”

“It tore through several organs, severed a number of vital arteries, and sliced your spine in half. Even if you had been immediately put on the operating table, I doubt even Simon could have saved you. And even if he did, you would not only have been completely paralyzed from the waist down, you would have probably needed to use a colostomy bag, and catheter, for the rest of your life.”

Wash sighed. He admitted, “I see you point. So, is she carrying a boy? Or, a girl?... Just wondering how creative I am going to have to be to get back with Zoe... In a decade, or two.”

River replied, in a comforting tone of voice, “Not to worry. She is carrying sons. My sons.”

Wash pointed out, “But, you both girls.”

River coyly replied, “A lot has happened.”

Wash flatly questioned, “Do I really want to know?”

River promised, “No. But, we will tell you when you grow up.”

Wash deadpanned, “I look forward to it.” He voice became more sincere, as he continued, “And since I know your insanity is not inherited. That will not a problem. Simon is a pillar of sanity.

River said, “I will be sure to let him know you said that.”

Wash asked, “Are we still on the run from the Alliance. I mean raising a child, on the run, is never a good idea.”

River answered, “Nope. The Alliance is no longer an issue for us. Actually, we are currently working at a casino, on Earth.”

Wash flatly inquired, with surprise in his tone of voice, “Earth?!”

River answered, “Yes. Earth. And it is not what you would think. And I am dating the casino owner.”

Wash pointed Lee, with his left hand, as he continued to look at River. He questioned, “But, you said you were with her?”

Lee commented, “It is a threesome. And before you ask. These are really River and my children. Not the other lover we are involved with.”

Wash shook his head a few times. He then thought, 'I better not ask any more questions.'

River agreed, “That would be a good idea.”

Wash asked, “So, you can read the thoughts of souls?”

River answered, “Apparently so.”

Wash carefully inquired, “So... If I agree to this. What happens? Having Zoe around, seeing me grow up is only going to emotion hurt her more, and make any relationship with her, more difficult. Also, by the time I am an adult, I will be a young man, and she will be an old woman.”

River responded, “Don't worry. I have that covered.”

Lee stated, “River is a genius. She is a doctorate in, cover your ass.”

The others laughed at Lee's comment, for a few seconds.

As they calmed down, River said. “Yes. Among other things...”

Wash looked over at Lee, as he questioned, “Still, who is this woman whom would be my new mother?”

Lee looked up at Wash, as she calmly answered, “My name is, Lee. And I am laying down, on this wet cement, due to River's instructions.”

Wash responded, “I figured the latter part. But, Lee is a Chinese name. You don't look Chinese.”

River and Lee giggled a little.

Lee muttered, “Where to start?... Where to start?”

River commented, “Lee is a good person. She will make a good mother.”

Wash shrugged, as he said, “Okay. At least I am getting rich parents.”

River replied, “In several ways.”

Wash asked, “So, you said she is pregnant with your children. Not just one?”

River said, “Yes. Fraternal twin sons. Book is next. I wanted to do you first.”

Wash replied, “Why?”

River causally answered, “I like you more.”

Wash smiled, as he asked, “I thought as much. And if I do this, am I going to be aware of what is going on, inside Lee body?”

River answered, “For about a month. Then, your memories will slowly seal over a couple of weeks. After which, you will just be like any child you age. But, during that time, Lee can temporarily let you take over her body.”

Wash asked, “Will I ever my memories of this life back, someday?”

River stated, “We know someone personally that went through something similar. We can do restore your memories. Though, we plan to do so in gradual process, over the course of a few years. When you reach you middle to late teens. That way you current personality will not being fully submerged, nor risk of a split personality. Instead, you will just be one personality.”

Wash agreed, “Good idea. That way, I will not have to worry about such matters, until I am old enough to do something about it.”

River replied, “Exactly.”

Wash asked, “Now, how much control are you talking about, while I am still me, while I am inside Lee, here?”

Lee answered, “I can let you temporarily take control of my body. And anything you want to do with Zoe, is fine by me. As long as it is not harmful to any party involved.”

Wash questioned, “So, I can properly say goodbye to, Zoe?”

River stated, “More like, I will see you soon...” She grinned mischievously, as she continued, “Along with more pleasant activities...”

Wash took the hint, as he responded, 'Oh... I always thought you might be a pervert. Now, I know for sure.”

River said, in an amused tone of voice, “Actually, you and Zoe were tame compared to some of the stuff the others of the crew did.”

Wash asked, “Like Jayne.”

River flatly commented, “Oh, hell no. Jayne is just straightforward. I am talking about Inara and Kaylee. They both run the batteries down in their toys on a frighteningly regular basis.” She mentally added, 'And I don't dare mention what those two have done since that whole gender bending virus incident.'

Wash burst out laughing, for a few seconds.

As Wash calmed down, he said, “Okay. Let's do this. What do you need from me?”

River looked down at the book, and thumbed to another page in the book. She then looked up, as she commented, “Actually, it is real simple. Wash, do you consent to being reincarnated into one of Lee's children?”

Wash answered, “Yes.”

River turned to Lee, as she asked, “Lee, do you consent to be allow this soul to enter your body, and into one of your children?”

Lee looked over at River, as she said, “Yes.”

River replied, “Good.” She then looked back down in her book, as she read the spell she needed.

River then started chanting the same language that Lee did not know, again. Only this time, Lee could tell the spell was different.

Lee then watched as River stopped chanting, as she looked up at Wash.

Lee looked over was Wash as well, just in time to see Wash's spirit turn into a translucent cloud.

River and Lee then watched as the cloud came around closer to Lee's feet, until it turn and headed inside side her, through between her legs.

Lee closed her eyes, as she suddenly felt intense pleasure radiating from her stomach, towards the rest of her body. She instinctively closed her legs, as a slightly moan escape her lips.

River remained quite, as she watch Lee from about a minute.

Lee then suddenly stopped moaning, as she eyes snapped open. She looked over at River.

River asked, “So, how was it?”

Lee began to get up, as she answered, “Orgasmic.” As she stood straight up, and turned to River, she continued, “Very pleasurable. Like one of the better nights we have had together. And I glad I agreed to do this.”

River teased, “So am I. And I am tempted to try it out myself.”

Lee commented, “We don't got the time to get you pregnant.”

River agreed, “True.”

Suddenly, Lee heard a voice in her head, that was not her own, say, 'Hello.'

Lee thought, 'Wash?'

Wash mentally replied, 'Yes.'

Lee asked, in thought, 'Good. This is to be expect. Are you okay?

Wash mentally answered, 'Yes. I can see out of your eyes, hear, and feel what you are doing. I can even sense your emotions.'

Lee thought, 'I will try not to do anything too embarrassing.'

River giggled a little. She then sarcastically said, “Good luck.”

Wash thought, 'Figures she can read our thoughts.'

Lee mentally quipped, 'It does help in the bedroom.'

Wash sarcastically thought, 'Great...'

River giggled a little more.

Lee thought, 'But, there is one question I have. River, can you tell which are my thoughts? And which are Wash's thoughts?'

River forced herself to stop giggling, as she answered, “Yes. I can clearly tell who is think what. Though Wash, there are some things that Lee has to do, regularly, that you might find embarrassing.”

Lee thought, 'She is right about that. I am a woman. I am going to need use the bathroom, and shower. And sex is on the menu.'

Wash playfully in thought, 'Already corrupting you children...'

Lee mentally responded, 'Since you are now technically a baby, you get to whine. But, is there anything else I need to know?'

Wash answered, 'Well, I can read your memories... You use to be a guy?!...'

River burst out laughing, as she read their thoughts.

Lee sheepishly thought, 'Well physically. But, not anymore. And I was never really a guy, mentally.'

Wash mentally replied, 'One of those...'

Lee mentally interrupted, in a flat manner, 'Yes.'

Wash thought, 'And what about the others?... What weren't you telling me?... Hold it. A gender bending virus?... Zoe can turn into a guy?!... And so can River, and the others too?!...'

Lee mentally replied, “Yes.”

Wash mentally stated, with amusement, 'Okay. I admit it. I would pay money to see Mal's female form. And I don't want to know what Jayne did when he first got those abilities. Of course, Simon would still be Simon. Then, there is Kaylee. As River pointed out, she is must be very interesting, now that she has those abilities.'

Lee mentally said, 'Simon and Kaylee are now together. And they have been, for a long time.'

Wash mentally replied, “That is nice. And given Inara's training, her as a man would scare me. As a guys, she is could be a real Casanova, if she wanted too. And Mal must be careful around her.'

Lee mentally said, 'Those two seem to have an arrangement. And Inara is no longer in that... Profession. She is the head directors, and lead masseuse at the spa, at the casino we all live at.'

Wash requested, in thought, 'I would love to get a full body rub from her.'

Lee mentally agreed, 'So, would I. But, Inara and I are not exactly on the best of terms. Though, I will see what I can do.'

Wash mentally responded, 'It is okay, if it doesn't happen. Still, what about River? And this other guy you two hinted out?'

Lee warned in thought, 'Careful with your thoughts. She is listening in on us.'

Wash mentally agreed, 'True.'

River's laughs turned into light chuckles, as she further enjoyed the conversation between Wash and Lee.

As River calmed down, she said, 'Come on, guys. I am a forgiving sort.'

Lee stated, out loud, “Yes. You are.' She mentally thought, 'And she is great either way. And you now know how River got me knocked up. And that virus also greatly slowed their aging. So, either way, Zoe will not be an old woman by the time you reach adulthood, again. Also, you might inherit those abilities from River.'

Wash mentally said, 'I don't mind. But, I am concerned that I might grow old while Zoe remained young. I don't want Zoe to lose me, again. Never wanted to hurt her like that.'

Lee mentally responded, 'I know. And if you don't inherit River's abilities. We have other ways to maintain ones youth. So, you would be fine.'

Wash mentally stated, 'That is fine. Even if I am just a guy, and she can turn into a guy. I don't mind. I love Zoe, no matter what her outer body looks like.'

Lee mentally said, 'That is why we are doing this. And we have temporary ways of changing one's gender. If you are interested.'

Wash mentally replied, in a coy manner, 'It is nice to have options.'

Lee mentally agreed, 'Yes. It is. And either way. Right now, you are in an adult female body, carrying you male unborn body. Any intimacy in my body is going to be from the female point of view.'

Wash calmly thought, 'I can live with that, for now... Besides, I would love to solve Zoe's needs, if for only one night. But, with Book coming, I am not sure if he would be okay with me doing so. You said you are fine with it. I am sure Zoe would. Once I talk her into it. But, I am not sure about Book.'

Lee mentally stated, in a reassuring manner, 'It is my body. I am in the driver's seat. And I get the final say as to what happens. But, we will be polite about it. Book can sleep through it, if he wants.'

Wash mentally responded, 'Okay... Hold on... I just looked at some other memories you have.. What is this about Firefly series and Serenity movie?...'

Lee thought, 'Well, there a lot of things we need to tell you. In good time.'

Wash mentally deadpanned, 'That is an understatement.'

River said, “While you to sort that out, let's head over to Haven, and get Book.” She then closed book, and tucked in under her left arm. Next, she used her right hand to pulled out her reality device, from one of her pockets.

Lee and Wash thought, in unison, 'Good idea.' Lee then walked over to River.

As Lee stood by River, River began to about where, when, of the reality they were in, that River wanted to go too.

A few seconds later, Lee noticed it was the sky instantly went from day time, to night time, where they were at.

Lee saw the clear, starry sky above them. But, she also so smoldering ruins, of what appeared to be a town, in the distance.

Wash mental thought, 'So, that small device allows you to travel through time and space, in an instant?'

Lee mentally replied, 'And through realities.'

Wash thought, 'This gets more interesting by the minute.'

Lee mentally agreed, 'Yes. It is.'

Wash thought, 'I am guessing this is right outside Haven, near where Book died. But, when are we?”

Lee looked over at River, as she mentally replied, 'You will have to ask, River.'

River looked at Lee, as she answered, “We are technically in the past, from the point in time that we left. Right now, it is a few days ago. Several hours after Serenity left for Miranda.'

Wash mentally asked, 'So, I am still technically alive right now, at this point in the timeline?'

River stated, “Yes. But, we cannot save you. It would create a major paradox. As in potentially reality collapsing paradox.”

Wash mentally said, 'Okay. I guess that would be bad.'

River commented, “Almost as bad as facing Reavers.”

Wash mentally replied, 'Got you.'

River said, “Now, lets talk to, Book.” She pocked her reality device, and pulled out her magical book. She then quickly pages to the point in the book with the summoning spell.

River quickly chanted the summoning spell. Though, she took great care to get the syllables right.

As River looked up from her book, both she, and Lee, saw the translucent spirit of Book, appear in front of them.

Book look at River, as he said, in a ghostly, confused, tone of voice, in english, “River?”

River replied, “Hello Book?”

Book asked, “What is going on? I saw a white light, then I came back from the white light to here.”

River plainly said, “You're dead.”

Book questioned, in a matter of fact manner, “Besides that?”

River answered, “Book, I have a way for you to come back to the living.”

Book pointed out, “But, would it be right? Would God want this?”

River answered, “It is reincarnation. No one is getting hurt. It is voluntary for all parties.”

Book conceded, “That eases the decision, somewhat.”

River stated, “Yes. And given all the hell we have been through, I would think God would owe us a favor, or two. Wash has already agreed to do so. And my friend here is carrying twin sons.”

Book soberly asked, “Wash is dead?”

River answered, “Yes. Reavers killed him. The rest of us survived.”

Book commented, “Still, that is sad.

River pointed out, “Not for much longer. And from what Wash told me. And from what you just told me. I believe that God wants you to come back. Because, Wash stated when he was pushed out of the white light, it felt like it was for his own good.”

Book conceded, “When I was pushed from the white light, it felt the same way with me... Perhaps... But, where would I be, if I did so?”

River kindly replied, “Among friends.”

Book conceded, “You have a point there. Also, you seem to be much more lucid than before.”

River stated, “Yes. I am much better. And I apologize over the freak out with your hair.”

Book said, in a kind, though ghostly tone of voice, “My dear, at the time, you had other issues to deal with. Though, I feel my story has already been completed. Should I not move on?

River stated, “The story never ends. And think of this as an opportunity, to give you more time to make up for past mistakes.”

Book commented, “I always figured I could never hide my past from you. But, you were polite enough not to mention my closet full of skeletons to the others.”

River said, in a comforting tone of voice, “You were always a better man than most people would have believed. You were just misguided, and thrown into a situation that was beyond your abilities to manage.”

Book shrugged, as he replied, “Story of our lives, ay.”

River agreed, “Yes. And I know that was due to lack of training. If you accept my offer, I will make sure that oversight does not happen to you again.”

Book questioned, “Sounds tempting. You said that Wash is already in the womb of this pregnant woman?” He turned to Lee, as he kindly asked, “And who is this mother to be, for me?”

Lee said, in a polite tone of voice, “My name is, Lee. I consider it an honor to both meet you. And to help both you and Wash.”

Book responded, “Thank you. I am guessing the from you skin tone, that you are from the, Lees, of the southeastern U.S., of Old Earth?

Lee complimented, “Yes. You are far more informed than most people.”

Book smiled at Lee, as he said, “It comes with the job.” He looked at River, as he continued, “I guess, I might as well do this. It will be so nice to see everyone, again.”

River quietly replied, “Thank you.”

River quickly page though her spell book, to where the reincarnation spell was, as Lee laid down on the ground.

While Lee spread her legs, she thought, 'At least the ground is not wet, this time.'

River looked up at Book, as she inquired, “Book, do you consent to be reincarnated into one of Lee's children?”

Book answered, “Yes.”

River looked down at Lee, as she asked, “Lee, do you consent to let Book be reincarnated as one of your children?”

Lee said, “Yes. Though, in the unborn child that Wash is not in.”

River said, “Good point. And that should not be a problem.” She then looked down at her book, and she chanted the spell for the reincarnation.

River looked up, just in time, for her and Lee to see Book turn into translucent cloud, and entering Lee's body between her legs.

This time, Lee was ready for the pleasure to effect her. And while she wanted to take the time to enjoy what she was feeling, she realized she had to get going. So, she forced her body to cut the pleasurable experience short, as she began to stand back up.

River noticed this, as she asked, “Is everything alright?”

As Lee stood up straight, she looked over at River. She answered, “Yes. It is just that I realize that it is rude to enjoy something without sharing it with someone.”

River smiled, as she said, “I appreciate that.”

Lee walked closer to River, and came to a stop in front of River, less than two feet from River.

But, just as Lee was about to request that River take them home, she heard Wash say, in her mind, “Hello Book. Are you here?'

Book answered, 'Yes. Hello to you, as well, Wash. And hello Lee...' Book mentally teased, 'Or, should I call you, mother.'

Lee thought, 'Lee, is fine, for right now.'

Book mentally asked, with curiosity, 'So, what has been happening since I was killed?'

Wash answered in thought, with mild amusement, 'Judging from the memories of our new mom, that I have looked through, a whole lot.'

Book mentally inquired, 'Such as?'

Wash mentally said, 'These are River and Lee's kids. River and the others can now instantly change genders with a sneeze.'

Book mentally burst out laughing.

Lee just calmed her thoughts, so she could listen.

As Book calmed down, he thought, 'Gaining that ability must have wounded Mal's male ego quite a bit.'

Lee mentally deadpanned, 'That would be an understatement.'

Book let out another mental laugh. He then mentally inquired, 'So, are we just going to be like this until we are born?'

Lee thought, 'No. Your memories and personalities should gradually seal in around month. Until then, you will be like this. And don't worry, we plan to unseal your memories when you are in your middle to late teens.'

Book mentally replied, 'That is comforting to know.'

Lee admitted in thought, 'Also, there is some information I have that Wash has found out, that you may not react well, too.'

Book mentally responded, 'At this point, nothing could surprise me.'

Lee then thought up the Firefly series, and Serenity series.

Meanwhile, River was silent, as she could tell that Wash and Lee were letting Book absorb the information.

Book then thought, 'I take that back. And though, it only reaffirms my faith in a higher power.'

Lee carefully responded in thought, 'Good for you. I have a different of opinion on such matter. And I am sure Wash has his own beliefs. So, no sermons in my head. In exchange, I will let you have some control over my body.'

Book mentally stated, 'Deal. Also, there is someone I would like to talk too, when I get the chance. Along with a number of other people I would like to talk to, in the next few days.'

Lee mentally said, 'I will give you that chance. You will have plenty of opportunities to do so.'

Book mentally replied, 'Thank you.'

River listened to the conversation in Lee's mind, as she thought, 'Good. Both Book and Wash are taking the news that Lee is informing them about, very well.'

Wash mentioned, in thought, 'Just a reminder, Book. River can read our thoughts, and tell which one of us is thinking what.'

Book mentally inquired, 'That is good... River can you hear me?'

River stated, “Yes. And I am glad this process worked.” She mentally added, 'I believe it is best not to mention that I am using magic. Though, they will find out from Lee, soon enough. That magic exists. Also, I think I will not inform anyone else that I can use magic. And as long as I don't try things like creating fireballs, and other wonders. No one else, save those those here, Chang, will be the wiser.'

Lee mentally said, 'By the way, this was all River's idea.'

Book casually responded, in thought, 'Of course. If nothing else, she is unpredictable.'

River said, “Thank you.”

Lee stated out loud, to impress on the importance of her request, “As much as I would love to continued this conversation. We need to head back to the home. To the casino.”

Book asked in thought, 'You live in a casino?'

Lee just verbally answered, “Yes. And River and I are in a threesome relationship with the owner of the casino. We live in the penthouse apartment.”

Book mentally responded, 'I will honestly try not to be judgmental.'

Lee complimented, “That is a rare trait for one in you former profession.”

Book mentally replied, “Thank you.”

River closed her book of spells, and tucked it under her left arm, as she stated, “While Lee explains some more things to the two of you, I will get us home.” She then used her right hand to pull out her reality device, from one of her pockets.

As River thought of the place, time, and reality, to return home too, she listened to their thoughts, as Wash and Book continued to talk in Lee's mind.

In response, Lee mentally thought, 'This must be what Deadpool feels like, with his yellow and white boxes.'

Wash and Book mentally asked, in unison, 'Who is Deadpool?'

River let out a laugh, as she pushed the red button on her reality device, with she and Lee instantly transported back to living room of the Daiyu Palace Casino.

When they arrived, Lee looked over at the clock, and she it was eleven fifteen AM.

Lee said, “Good. We have only been gone for five minutes.”

Book mentally asked, 'Is this traveling across time and space in an instant, with that little device River has?'

Wash mentally said, 'From Lee's memories, we also travel across realities.'

Book reviewed some of Lee's surface thoughts, as he mentally inquired, 'Interesting. So, this is old Earth? Or, is it another Earth, like the Earth that was?'

Lee mentally said, 'Actually, it is an alternate Earth. Today's date would be the date of the distant past of the Earth you both are descended from. But, it is still Earth.'

Book mentally stated, 'So, this is old Earth. After a fashion.'

Lee mentally replied, 'Yes.'

Wash mentioned in thought, 'And from what I am reading of Lee's mind, this is Lee's home reality.'

Book mentally replied, 'Fascinating.'

Wash mentally asked, 'I am curious as to what wonders there are here, on this world?'

Lee thought, in a romantic manner, 'More than are dreamt of in your philosophy.'

River looked over at Lee, as she spoke up, “Ever the poet, Lee.”

Lee turned to River, as she thought, 'It is a good Shakespearean quote.'

Book mentally guessed, 'Hamlet, scene five?'

Lee mentally answered, “Correct.'

River said, “Guys. Just give me a minute to put these items up. And we will go see Chang, in his office. Down the hallway. Then, we will get some lunch.”

Lee turned to River, as she said, “Take your time.”

Lee, Book, and Wash, watched through Lee's eyes, as River cracked a grin, while she turned around and for the book case, across the room, from Lee.

As they continued to watch River, Book mentally asked, 'Who is Chang?'

Wash mentally deadpanned, 'The other lover.'

Lee mentally pointed out, 'And the owner of this casino. So, treat him with respect.'

Book mentally said, 'I will be honest. Given River's intelligence. I always figured, if she ever regained her sanity, that one person would not be enough for her.'

Lee mentally complimented, 'That is a very astute observation. And very true one, at that.'

With her back turned, River's grin widened, as her friends comments, about her.

Lee, Wash, and Book, then watched River set her reality device on a nearby table. She then turned and put her book back where had been on the book shelf it has been.

As they watched and waited, River turn around and head back to them.

Wash mentally asked, 'Hey. I have a question. Since we are hear and aware, Lee. Why don't you feel us move within you?'

Book mentally questioned, 'I would like to know that, as well.'

Given Lee saw River was looking at her, she answered, out loud, “That is simple. You are both still too small. Most women don't feel their unborn children move until their forth month of pregnancy. You both are just over thirteenth week mark.”

“Though, I am sure, if I was quiet, and focused on my stomach, I could feel you move. But, it would be like feeling one's heartbeat. I would have to think about, and it would not yet just be something I feel without focusing on it.”

As River came to a stop in front of Lee, she stated, “She is correct. This is already weird enough, without you feeling your own unborn bodies move, from you new mother's point of view.”

Book mentally said, 'Agreed.'

Wash mentally commented, 'And here I thought things would slow down for me, after I died.'

Book mentally chuckled, as River and Lee giggled a little.

As they calmed down, River said, “Now, let's go see Chang, and then get something to eat.”

River then walked pass Lee, opened the door to the hallway, and exited the room. Lee followed behind. She locked the knob, before she gently closed the door behind herself.

(_)

A few minute laters, as River and Lee walked side by side, as they approached the open door to Chang's office. With Lee to River's left side.

As they walked, Wash mentally asked, 'So, who is this, Chang?'

Lee mentally answered, 'Chang is a former mafia boss, and later, for a time, a dimensional warlord. Though, he is back to running a mafia, but only as a hobby. And he owns and runs this casino.'

'Long story short. Except for him original becoming a mafia boss. Concerning him, pretty much everything else is all my fault. I will share my memories of what I am talking about, after lunch. When you two can have a proper freak out in the privacy of our apartment up here. And no one is going to hold it against you if you go a little crazy at learning what I tell you.'

Wash mentally said, 'We will likely be fine.'

Book mentally commented, 'I agree. Though, I not sure I am going to like this man.'

Lee mentally responded, 'Relax. He is easy going. But, he has some abilities of his own. Such as having very good hearing. But, he cannot read minds. Though, he is a very mentally sharp man... Well, most of the time. He also has gender bending, and longevity abilities, like River and your other friends.'

Wash mentally said, 'That must fun for all three of you.'

Lee thought, 'Yes. By the way, I have precognitive abilities.'

Wash mentally teased, 'You must be fun at the gaming tables.'

Lee mentally pointed out, 'Outside of playing poker with my friends, Whom know about my abilities, I don't gamble.'

Book mentally said, 'That is a wise course to take.”

Lee thought, 'Thank you.'

Wash mentally inquired, 'So, do you play any poker with River?”

River answered, “Yes. And she wins about as often as I do.”

Wash thought, 'That figures. And you know, River, I am not going to call you, dad.'

River said, “You can call me that, after you forget who you are.”

Book mentally said, 'I can live with that.'

Wash mentally replied, 'Okay. So can I.'

By then, they reached the open doors of Chang's office.

As they came to the doors, River quickened her pace slightly, so she could walking in front Lee, with Lee walking into the office, right behind the redhead.

As they approached the desk, they saw Chang sitting behind it.

Chang looked up at the two women, as he stated, “Come in. And from the conversation outside. I take it that you accomplished your plans?”

Wash mentally commented, 'He is sharp.'

Book mentally said, 'As a razor.'

Lee thought, 'Yes. Now, please try to stay quiet. We have to talk to, Chang.'

Though, Book remained silent. Wash mentally teased, 'Okay. Mommy.'

By then, River and Lee reached the two seats in front of the desk. River saw in the seat Chang's right, and Lee sat in the seat to Chang's left.

As they go conformable, River answered, “Yes. And things went off without a hitch. I can even tell which one of them is thinking what.”

Chang responded, “Good. By the way, given your appointment was this morning, what are the genders of your children, Lee?”

Lee answered, “Fraternal twins. Both are sons”

Chang asked, “Are you sure? Given River's abilities. It is a valid question.”

Lee began, “I understand that, but...”

River interrupted, in an annoyed tone of voice, “Lee doesn't want to do the amniotic fluid tests, that will check their DNA.”

Chang pointed out, “That is her right.”

Lee replied, “Thank you.”

Chang responded, “You're welcome. Besides, we will find out, eventually. I am okay, either way... So, are they wake, and aware of what is going on?”

Lee answered, “More than that. They can see, hear, and feel, what I do.”

Chang inquired, “What is it like?”

Lee stated, “It is liked having a full house in my head. But, it is not painful, nor uncomfortable. Also, they have access to my memories.”

Chang cracked a grin, as he said, “Well then. I will leave you to explains things to them.”

Lee deadpanned, “Gee, thanks.”

In Lee's mind, Lee and River heard Wash and Book chuckled a little.

Chang said, in a calm tone of voice, “Hello Book. Hello Wash. I am sure you both realize that this is a new, and wondrous opportunity for the both of you. I am Bai Ji-Shin Chang. Chang to my friends. Mister Chang to everyone else. This is my casino. The Daiyu Palace Casino. And while I run things here, I am an easy going person that cares for River and Lee. I do not believe we will have any problems.”

Lee then heard Wash and Book's thoughts on Chang's introduction.

Wash mentally commented, 'After years of working on the Serenity. I have met a lot of people with questionable morals. And this guy styles me as being slick as they come.'

Book mentally agreed, 'I feel the same way towards him. But, given the circumstances, it is best we avoid any potential problems.'

Lee mentally stated, 'Well, to be fair. I have been known to be slick and manipulative. The point is, if the person in question is manipulating you in a direction that will benefit you? And I believe that is the case with Chang. Beside, this is also a case of glass houses.'

Book mentally conceded, 'I see your point.'

Wash mentally replied, 'Okay.'

Lee said, “They agree with you. And they look forward to getting to know you better.”

Chang's smile widen ever so slightly, as he replied, “Good.”

Lee asked, “River mentioned a meeting today, with the others, about this? So, when and where is it?”

Chang answered, “Three PM sharp, in our private theater.”

Lee agreed, “That is a good place to have a private meeting. So, who is coming?

Chang replied, “Our friends. Same as those in the garage meeting, when you first returned here.”

Lee looked over at River. She then back to Chang, as she asked, “Okay. So, how do you want this handled.”

River looked over at Lee, as she answered, “We will just tell them directly what is going on.”

Book mentally commented, 'That could be a problem. I feel they may not take the news, of our return, in this manner, very well.'

Wash mentally stated, 'And some of them have a hair trigger tempers. To say the least.'

Lee mentally replied, 'I realize this.'

Lee pointed out, “If not handled carefully. This news could upset a number of them. Even Wash and Book realize this.”

Chang responded, “Don't worry, River and I will do the talking. And after they have time to think about it, they will realize that the long term gains outweigh the awkwardness of the momentary situation.”

Lee conceded, “Okay. That is a good point. Anything else you want to talk about?”

Chang inquired, with a bit of interest in his voice, “Are we three still on for tonight?”

Lee shrugged, as she responded, “It depends. Both Wash and Book want to make plans, for a few things tonight. And I agreed to let them do so.”

River looked at both Chang and Lee, as she said, “We will just do things later tonight.” She turned to Lee, as she asked, If that is alright with Wash and Book?”

Book mentally said, 'That works for me.'

Wash mentally commented, 'I can go along with that. Though, let's not jump in the deep end, tonight.'

Book mentally requested, 'Yes. Let us just take our time on such manners.'

Lee mentally commented, 'That is fine with me. Though, you can sleep through it.'

Book mentally said, 'That sounds like a better plan. If we can do so.'

Wash mentally stated, 'I agree.'

Lee answered, “As long as we keep it tame, they will not have a problem. Actually, they plan to sleep through it.”

Chang said, “Works for me.”

River replied, “And me.”

Wash mentally requested, 'Please, ask them to show us their other gender forms.'

Book thought, 'I would like to know what they look like, as well.'

Lee looked over at River.

River look back at Lee, as she said, in a comforting tone of voice, “It is okay. We were going to show them, eventually.”

Chang asked, “Show them what?”

River and Lee looked over Chang, as River answered,, “Wash and Book would like to see our other gender forms.”

Chang let out a small chuckle. He then said, “That is fine with me. I will go first. You go second. And we better stand, to get the whole effect.” Next, he stood up from his seat.

River replied, “I agree.” She stood up, while she turned to face Lee. She then used her feet to remove her shoes.

Chang walked around, to his left, towards Lee. She came to a stop in front of Lee, to Lee's right side. With River to Lee's left side.

Lee turned to River, as she asked, “Are you sure? I mean, I do not want you to tear you clothing.”

River answered, “Actually, I expected I would have to this today. I know my clothing sizes in both my forms. And I am wearing loose clothing, and I don't have on a bra and panties.”

Lee replied, “Okay.”

When he came to a stop in beside Lee, the black haired woman turned to look at Chang.

Chang calmly said, “Now, pay attention, Wash and Book.”

Chang then sneezed, and changed into her female form, with her clothing loosening.

Wash thought, 'That is interesting.”

Book mentally commented, 'That is the most inventive use of sneezing I have ever seen.'

Lee mentally agreed, 'Very true.'

River smiled towards Lee, as she commented, “I fully agree.”

Meanwhile, Chang remained in her female form, as she turned around, and walked back to her chair, behind her desk. When she reached the chair, she said back down in it, as she look at River and Lee. She said, “You're turned, River.”

Lee turned to look at River.

River sneezed. And she became a he, and his clothing tightened around his bigger frame, but since River had worn loose clothing, they did not stretch, nor tear.'

River remained this way for a few seconds, before he sneezed, and turned back into a woman. She used her just her feet to put on her shoes. She sat down, as she turned to face Lee.

Book mentally commented, 'Both of them look nice in both forms.'

Wash mentally said, 'I can see the attraction from both of them, in both their forms.'

Lee thought, 'I agree.'

Lee commented, “Both Book and Wash say that both your gender forms look great.'

Chang stated, “Thank you.”

River said, “I appreciate that.”

Book mentally pointed out, 'I said, nice. Not great. Not that I am disagreeing with you.'

Lee mentally replied, 'I know. But, I like scoring points with them.'

Wash mentally giggled. He then thought, 'Don't worry. We all do that with people we care for.'

Lee sarcastically thought, 'I know. And wait until you found out how we met.'

Book mentally asked, 'What happen?'

Lee thought, 'I was on the run from them, and River approached me in her male form, as a man named, Sam. I didn't know he was River at the time.'

Book mentally guessed, 'And you two became good friends?... And later on, something more?'

Lee mentally answered, 'Yes.'

Wash mentally inquired, 'And how does Chang fit in?'

Lee mentally stated, 'River and Chang were a romantic item beforehand. Chang and I have an understanding when it comes to River, and we are trying to have a relationship with each other, so we can both keep River, whom loves us both.'

Wash asked, 'Is it working?'

Lee thought, 'Yes.'

River stated, “She is right. Our threesome relationship is working. I will verify that.”

Chang realized what the others were talking about she stated, in her female voice, “Yes. This relationship is working well. And also, in this form, my alias is Daiyu. As in Black Jade. Though, I think I will change back now.” She then sneezed, and change back into a man. With Chang's clothing filling out to his now larger male form.

Wash mentally asked, in slight disbelief, 'Chang named the casino after himself?'

Lee mentally corrected, 'Herself. And yes.'

Wash mentally inquired, 'So, it is good that Chang back now. I mean Chang does run this casino. I would think if Chang's subordinates found out about this, it would cause trouble.'

Lee mentally answered, 'Not to worry. Chang upper management staff already know about Chang and River's abilities. Actually, most of those on Chang's staff, at this level, are you friends, whom had the same gender bending and longevity abilities. The rest either don't care, or they are paid enough not to care.'

Book mentally commented, 'That is nice to know.'

Lee mentally agreed, 'Yes. It is.'

Wash mentally questioned, 'I agree. And I have to ask. Was Chang originally a guy? Or, a girl?

Lee thought, 'A guy. But, Chang met River as a woman. It is all part of a very long story, I will tell you after lunch.'

Wash mentally responded, 'I look forward to it.'

Book mentally replied, 'So do I.'

River suggested, “As fun as this has been. Let's get some lunch.”

Chang look over at a clock on the wall, and he saw that it was eleven thirty-one AM. He turned back to the two women in the room, as he said, in his male voice, “I know it is a little early, but I think I wall join you. Does the private room at the restaurant downstairs, sound okay?”

Lee replied, “Yes.”

River commented, “Well, that is what I was planning in the first place.”

Chang said, “Good. By the way, how is the morning sickness, Lee?”

Lee cracked a grin, as she answered, “Pretty much gone. And I am looking forward to a big meal.”

River turned to Lee as she teased, “Okay. But, I am going to make sure you work it off tomorrow morning. Though pregnant, I want you to keep your figure.”

Inside Lee's head, she heard Wash and Book laughing.

Lee sarcastically thought, 'Laugh it up.' She turned to River, as she calmly said, out loud, “No problem. I like my figure.”

Lee thought, 'So, what would you two like to eat?”

Wash mentally answered, 'A club sandwich would be nice.'

Book mentally replied, 'I am fine with that.'

Lee kindly thought, 'I can an arrange that. I will have some french fries with that. Also, after we get back to that apartment, and explain things, we will practice letting you to take control of my body. For later tonight. Though, I want to be in control for the afternoon meeting, just in case.'

Book mentally agreed, 'Good point.'

Wash mentally stated, 'I agree.'

Chang said, “Okay. Let's get some lunch.”

Chang, Lee and River, all got up from their seats. They headed out of the office, and into out into the hallway, towards the front elevator that would take them to the casino restaurant, on the ground floor.

(_)

Three hours and twenty-eight minutes later, it was three PM on the dot.

Lee, River, and Chang were in Chang's private movie theater, and ready to have their meeting with the others. Lee was in the center, with River to her right, and Chang to her left.

The lights in the theater were left on.

Those in invited were mostly sitting in the seats of the front rows. While some were standing in the aisles

Those present were Mal, Zoe, Spike, Jetta, Jayne, Kaylee, Simon, Inara, Faye, Annie, Arcee.

Though, Arcee was in motorcycle mode, in the far left aisle of the room, when facing the movie screen.

Matthew was not there, because Lee, River, and Chang, had all agreed that man was stressed out enough, as is, from the weirdness that he has been thrust into. They did not need to add more weirdness to Matthew’s life.

Wash thought, 'It is nice to see everyone, again. And they don't look much older than we left them.'

Book mentally said, 'I agree. Do any any of them know what is going on with us.'

Lee thought, 'Not yet. None of the invitees has been informed what this was about. That is why we are holding this meeting... Still, I wonder...' She looked over at Annie, whom was sitting in the third row, near where Arcee was.

Lee saw Annie looking back at her, with an amused look at on her face. Lee thought, 'Oh yea. She knows.'

Book thought, 'Who know what?'

Lee mentally answered, 'Annie knows. She is the brown haired, fair skinned woman I am looking at. Among her abilities, she is an empath.'

Book mentally inquired, 'She can read emotions like River can read thoughts?'

Lee mentally replied, 'Yes.'

Wash mentally asked, 'So, who is Annie? You have showed us a lot, this afternoon. And a few bits of information got lost in the shuffle.'

Lee mentally inquired, 'That is understandable. First, I have to ask, did you ever see the old Star Wars movies. The original trilogy, and prequels?'

Book and Wash mentally answered, in unison, 'Yes.'

Wash mentally said, 'It is a classic.'

Lee agreed, in thought, 'That it is. Do you remember who Darth Vader is?'

Book and Wash mentally responded, in unison, 'Yes.'

Book mentioned in thought, 'That is not a character one would ever forget... Even in death.'

Lee thought, 'Very true. Anyway, I know this might be hard to belief... Well, in comparison to everything else I have informed you about... Which you both took very well, in me telling you, earlier this afternoon.'

Wash commented, in thought, 'We were dead. We are now being reincarnated. And there is no point in going insane over information that we will likely forget within a month, or so.'

Book mentally said, 'True... Now, what it you wish to say?'

Lee thought, in a calm, neutral manner, 'Annie is Darth Vader. She, or more aptly, he was kidnapped between the end of the prequel trilogy and the beginning of original trilogy. Vader then had his limbs and body fully regenerated. And his youth restored. But, the process also changed him into a woman. While, at the time, she hated the nickname, Annie. From her youth. She decided to use that nickname after the gender change.'

Book remained silent, as Wash slowly thought, 'That is Darth Vader?....'

Lee could feel the terror welling up from Wash and Book.

Lee forced her mental state to be one of calm and comfort, as she thought, 'Relax guys. Annie is now one of the nicest people I know. She and I talk about just about anything. She is also good friends with River. In all honesty, you could consider her your surrogate aunt.'

Lee could since Book and Wash start to relax.

Though, Wash mentally asked, 'How can Vader be nice?'

Lee mentally stated, 'The short answer is that she saw her own movie series, including the original trilogy. Of what would have happened to her and her family, if she had not been kidnapped, and changed. And she realized how much of a jerk she was, and she decided to be a better person.'

Book mentally deadpanned, 'That would do it.'

Wash mentally said, 'Yea. Her watching those movies would be a good way for her to see who she previously really was in her life... But, how does she take being a woman?'

Lee thought, 'She is just glad to be out of the black suit, and have her limbs, skin, and lungs back. Among other things.'

Wash mentally conceded, 'I guess there is that.'

Lee mentioned in thought, 'Also, over time, Annie's force powers were fully restored, and she is actually more powerful in the force than she ever has been before... Though, she, and Arcee, are the hit-women for Chang. But, I know for a fact that Chang rarely uses them.'

Wash mentally commented, 'I know too many thieves, soldiers, and killers, to judge. Hell, my wife, Zoe, is the first two... Or, was... And on her bad days, she could be number three with bullet.'

Book thought, 'I have similar feelings on the subject.'

Lee mentally responded, 'I agree. And all of your friends here now working honest jobs. Zoe, Mal, and Jayne are the heads of the security here. Irana is the head masseuse. Kaylee loves her job as the auto mechanic. And Simon is the casino's doctor.'

Book mentally stated, 'I am glad to hear that. So, who is this Arcee?'

Lee answered, 'Right now, Arcee is the pink motorcycle near Annie. Arcee is a cybertronian. An alien robot. Her species can literally transform from their hidden alt modes, which they select, such as her motorcycle mode her, to their humanoid robot mode.'

Book mentally inquire, with concern, 'How dangerous is she?'

Lee mentally answered, 'In combat, she could hold her own against Annie. The good news is we are friends. And she is good friends with Chang Also, she is literally millions of Earth years old. But, between you and me. She still sometimes ask like a pissed off teenager.'

From the corner of her eye, Lee saw River crack a grin.

Lee thought, 'Don't tell Arcee I said that, River.'

From the corner of her eye, Lee saw River shrug an affirmative.

Book carefully said, in thought, 'Quite an eccentric group you have here... And that is including our friends...'

Lee sarcastically thought, 'Hell, this is only half the cast. And this is the sane half.'

Wash thought, 'I have a feeling that our next incarnations are going to be very interesting.'

Book mentally replied, 'I fully agree.'

Lee mentally inquired, 'You are both probably right. So, is there anything you would like tell them? Or, request from them?'

Book said, in thought, 'Just tell them we are fine.'

Wash mentally responded, 'I do have a small request...'

Lee heard Wash's request, and it took all Lee's efforts to not burst out laughing. Which Wash, Book, and River, found amusing.

The only hint of any discern to Lee was a small grin forming on her lips.

Lee thought, 'Now, that is a request. And I will do it.'

Wash mentally replied, 'Thank you.'

Faye quietly asked those around her, “Anyone know what this is about?”

While still in motorcycle mode, Arcee quietly said, “With this group, it could literally be anything.”

Faye softly replied, “You are right about that.”

At that moment, Mal was standing in the right aisle, opposite to Arcee's location. He turned to the front of the theater, as he inquired, “So Chang, why have you called us here?”

Spike sat near Mal, as she commented, a casual tone of voice, “Yes. We would like to know. We still have a casino to run for you.”

Chang turned to Spike and Mall, as he calmly said, “I am sure the casino can handle everyone here being gone for a few minutes. But, just in case, Arcee is still remotely monitoring the security cameras. For cheating and other problems.”

Arcee said, “Everything is fine, right now.”

Jetta joked, “Why don't you just give her our jobs, Chang?”

Chang responded, in a casual tone of voice, “Who do you think helps the other pit bosses manage the gaming floor at night, when you and Spike are not there?”

Jetta laughed a little, at Chang's comment.

Chang stated, “Don't worry. I like you enough to keep you. Besides, you both are honest and professional.”

Spike just shrugged at the acknowledgment, while Jetta said, “Thank you, Chang.”

Faye commented, “Still, we do need to know. Why are we here, Chang?... Did you get River pregnant?”

There was some laughter among everyone, including Lee, Chang, and River.

As they calmed down, River said, “I am not pregnant. But, it does deal with similar matter. As you know, Lee is carrying twins. Today we found out she is having fraternal twin sons.”

Inara, and Kaylee said, in unison, “Congratulations.”

River replied, “Thank you. But, there is more.”

Jayne interrupted, “Nothing to say, Lee?”

Lee carefully said, “I feel that you are more likely to believe River, over what is about to be said. Than, myself.”

Kaylee commented, “Now, that is a statement, coming from you.”

Lee hesitantly replied, “Yea. Just don't get upset when you hear about is going on.”

River said, “After we found out the genders of our children, I convinced Lee to take a trip, with me, back to the Verse.”

Kaylee deadpanned, “And this is where is goes downhill.”

Jetta asked, “What is the Verse?”

Mal stated, “Our home reality. Basically, it is the star systems our people colonized after we left Earth.”

Jetta replied, “Oh. Now, I remember.”

River spoke up, “Good. We went back in time to after we left Mister Universe's moon. And then we went a day further back in time, to Haven, right after we left for Miranda.”

“After receiving Lee's permission, beforehand, I summoned and then convinced the souls of Wash and Book to enter Lee's body, and be reincarnated in her children unborn bodies.”

The silence was suddenly so deafening that a normal people could hear a pin drop in the room.

Mal was the first to speak. He flatly stated, with anger evident in his voice, “You three have crossed a line you shouldn't have.”

Chang casually pointed out, “We have been doing that for years. Besides, the deaths of your two friends has left a hole in you, and the others' hearts, for far too long. And River found a way to fill those holes.”

Those that saw Mal's face at the moment, could tell that he expression alternated between rage, and resignation. A few seconds later, resignation won, as Mal remained silent.

Jayne commented, “Never a dull moment with this crew.”

Kaylee muttered, “This place keeps getting crazier by the minute.”

Inara was sitting by Kaylee, to Kaylee's left side. Inara overheard Kaylee. Inara agreed, “I know.”

Arcee asked, “Annie, are they telling the truth?”

Annie flatly answered, “Yes. I can sense consciousness of three separate people inside Lee. Two of them are in Lee's lower stomach. The other one is Lee.”

Lee said, “Both of them want you to know that they are doing fine at the moment.”

Simon turned to Lee, as he calmly stated, with a hint of seriousness in his tone of voice, “That is nice, Lee... And I want to have a completely checkup on you, tomorrow. I want to make sure your brain and body can literally handle the load of three active minds, in there, at once.”

Lee questioned, “Is ten thirty, tomorrow morning, okay to see you?”

Simon answered, “Yes. I expect you to be there.” He turned to River, as he continued, “And River, I want you there, to help me talk to Wash and Book. I would like a third party that can help verify various tests, that would be difficult for Lee to do.”

River turned to Simon, as she said, “I will be there. And I will make sure she makes that appointment in the morning.”

Simon replied, “Good.” He voice took a firmer tone, a she continued, “Also River, I know you are the one to come up with this plan.”

River admitted, “Of course.”

Simon questioned, “So, how did you accomplish this?”

River thought, 'Oh well. I might as well tell them.' She said one word, “Magic.”

Mal stated, “There was a time I would have considered that answer to be grounds for insanity. But, after everything we have seen, and been through, I don't doubt you. And given it is you, I am not surprised you accomplished this.”

Jayne deadpanned, “While I am happy that Wash and Book are back... After a fashion... I hope this did not require any sacrifices to do so?”

River flatly answered, “It didn't. And if spells had required such measures, I would have used other, more humanitarian means.”

Inara questioned, with slight disbelief in his tone of voice, “I am sure you would, River.” She mentally added, 'You have always been kind in your own way, River.'

Inara saw River smile towards her.

Inara continued, “And I find it interesting that you can use magic, now.”

River commented, “My skills seem to be more broader than previously I come to believe.”

Inara said, “That is a scary thought.”

River replied, “I agree.”

Spike looked over at Lee, as she asked, “Lee, did you cause this?... I mean, do you write this, so that River would gain magical powers? I don't remember you mentioning that in your stories.”

Lee flatly stated, “No. Why would I given more power to someone who is already a telepathic badass genius, that is skilled at any ability she applies herself to learn? And it was River's original creator that made her that way. All I did was help her regain her sanity...” She turned to River, as she continued, “No offense, River.”

River turned to Lee, as she casually said, “None taken.” Both lovers then turned to look back at the crowd in front of them.

Faye commented, “Lee has a point there.”

Jetta stated, “This just means that not every screwy thing that happens to us, from now on, is Lee's fault.”

Spike conceded, “I hate to say it. But, you're right, Jet.”

Kaylee questioned, in a kind tone of voice, “So, how did you learn magic, River?”

River answered, “The usual ways. I read books and talked to people on the subject.”

Kaylee rolled her eyes from slight self-embarrassment, as she thought, 'Ask a stupid question. Get a stupid answer.' She looked over at River, as she verbally replied, “Of course.”

Kaylee saw River give her an amused smile.

Kaylee sighed, in response.

While not one had pointed the matter out, during this time, everyone noticed that Zoe had become real quite, since River had dropped the bombshell about Book, and her deceased husband, Wash, were now living as Lee's unborn children.

Inara turned to Zoe, whom was sitting right beside her, to her left side. Inara asked, “Zoe. You are the one most effected by this news. What do you have to say about this?”

Zoe turned to Inara, as she calmly answered, “It hasn't fully hit me, yet.”

Zoe then turned to look at River, Chang, and Lee, in front of the theater. She said, in an authoritative tone of voice, “But, I want to know if it's really true. Are they really inside, Lee. Is my husband in there?””

Lee answered, “Yes. And they can see, hear, and feel, everything I do. And they want me to tell you that they are doing fine.”

Zoe demanded, in an even tone of voice, “Then, prove it.”

Lee calmly said, “No joke intended. But, Wash does have one request. He would like his toy dinosaurs back. So, he can play with them... As a baby... Well, toddler... We do not want him to choke on them...”

Silence reigned for a couple of seconds. Then, nearly everyone present burst out laughing. Including, Zoe, River, Chang, and Lee. With Wash and Book mentally laughing.

As everyone laughing began to calm down, Zoe gave Lee a believing smile, as she said, “I will get them for you, later.”

Lee replied, “Thank you.”

Kaylee inquired, “Someone needs to ask this. And I guess I will do so. Are they going to have their same minds, when they are born? This is already awkward, bordering on the insane... Even for us... And none of us want it to become nightmarish.”

River answered, “No. Their minds and personalities should seal in about a month. And we will unseal their memories and personalities, slowly, when they reach their middle to late teens.”

Zoe said, in a tone of voice that promise pain to anyone that make a smart-ass remark afterward, “Either way, I am not changing my husband's diapers.”

River carefully said, “Relax. We have a plan that will handle all your issues, Zoe. When we are ready to do enact that plan, we will tell you about our plan, in private, beforehand. We figure, given Wash was your husband, that you have a right to know.”

Zoe flatly responded, “Good. And it had better be a good plan.”

River smiled towards Zoe, as she commented, “It is.”

Kaylee asked, “Now, onto some more entertaining aspects of the situation. River, will they inherit your gender abilities? Or, other abilities, which you and Lee have?”

Lee spoke up, as she stated, “We will not know until after they are born. But, they are healthy. Also, we have no clue if they inherited River's longevity, and gender bending abilities. Or, my precognition skills. Or, our skills in creativity and intelligence.”

Kaylee responded, “That is to be expected. What are you feelings on this, Lee?”

Lee answered, “My feelings are conflicted on this. But, I hope this helps make up for some of the things I have done to all of you.”

Kaylee casually responded, “Oh. You are winning brownie points on this one.”

Lee replied, “Thank you.”

Arcee inquired, “So, how much do they know?”

Lee said, “I wasn't sure if I wanted to tell you all this, or not. But, they also have access to my memories. And before we came here, we spent the last few hours going over everything I could think of on the matter. And after taking a little time for information to sink in, they told me they are okay with this situation.”

River commented, “Yes. They are fine with the matter. I can read their minds. And I can tell which of them is which. Everything is good at the moment.”

Arcee stated, “Good. That does solve a few problems.”

Annie offhandedly said, “At least we don't have to explain things to them.”

Arcee agreed, “True.”

Jayne commented, “I don't know about you guys. But, I am looking forward to seeing how this plays out.”

Faye stated, “Yea. This does open up a lot of doors. And a lot more options for everyone.”

Inara agreed, “You're right, Faye. And this solves the problem with accidental deaths, which may arise over time.”

Spike pointed out, “Still, the catch is you, or someone else, has to get knocked up, to bring someone back, and then you have to raise them the old fashioned way.”

Faye looked over at Spike, as she halfheartedly stated, “Hey, if you can handled it. I don't see why I couldn't. Though, there is no one, currently dead, that I would care that much about to bring back at the moment.” She then looked towards Lee, River, and Chang.

Simon commented, “Inara, Faye, you are both right. This does allow for a number of options for us.”

Chang complimented, “Simon is correct. Inara, Faye, you foresight is spot on.” He mentally added, 'And that is why I helped River with her plan. Because it did prove there were other options for us. Should the worst happen.'

In response, Faye let out a small laugh towards Chang, while, Inara gave Chang as smile.

Spike stated, in a slightly annoyed tone of voice, “If that is it. We have other things we need to get back to.”

Spike thought, 'Like being with Julia in a few hours. Though, been before I got back to work, I will check on her, and her tutor, in my private office. Which I had converted to a school room for Julia. Chang said he didn't mind. And I am glad Julia is doing good in her schooling. Considering, I the amount I pay for such tutors. I would expect nothing less from her.'

Chang looked over at River and Lee.

River said, “I have nothing else to say.”

Lee replied, “Same here.” She mentally reflected, 'I really do not want to risk saying something that will ruin the peaceful mood we have going.'

Wash mentally agreed, 'That is a good point.'

Book mentally said, with comfort, 'Not to worry. It seems they took the news well.'

Lee thought, 'I agree. But, it is good to still be wary of the situation.'

Book mentally responded, 'That is true.'

Chang, Lee, and River then turned back to face the crowd.

Chang said, “Okay. You can go. Thank you for coming. And thank you for being understanding with this situation.”

People began to get up, as they exited the hallway.

Near Arcee, Annie got up and exited into the aisle by Arcee. With Annie being in front of everyone on that side of the room, as they headed the closest, of four different double doors in the room.

Two double-doors were the side walls, across from each other, in the front of the theater, near the wall with the screen. The other two double-doors were on the opposite corners of the back wall.

The reason for so many doors was that Chang was a big fan of having multiple exits plans to choose from at once.

Also, the doors had been set to automatically lock from the outside, and required a key to unlock and enter. The doors would open, from the interior, with a key. The front doors swung outwardly, while the back doors swung inwardly.

The exit that Annie and Arcee were heading for was one of the exits in back.

Annie then walked in front of Arcee, as the cybertronian slowly rolled behind her.

When they reached the exit they were headed for, Annie open both double-doors and Arcee rolled into the hallway, right behind her.

As the others filed out of the theater, in the front of the room, River asked, “So, what do you two want to do for the rest of the afternoon?”

Chang and Lee looked over at River.

Chang replied, “Honey, I have to head back to work. But, we will do supper around five thirty, or six.”

River replied, “Okay. And you, Lee?”

Lee answered, “Well, I was hoping you would accompany me to the penthouse living room, where we could both talk with Book and Wash.” She though, 'While practicing giving them some control over my body. They have both have plans tonight. And I have agreed to help them.'

River stated, “I would be more than happy to do so.”

Lee replied, “Thank you.”

Chang, River, and Lee then headed for one of the exits of the theater, as well.

Once everyone had left the room, Arcee used her connection to the building's computer system to turn off the lights after them.

(_)

Later that evening, around seven PM, and Zoe had come off her shift an hour ago.

Given everything that had happened that day, she felt like taking off early.

Mal, whom was staying until ten PM at his job, understood, and he allowed her to leave early.

Otherwise, Zoe would have gotten off her shift at eight PM.

Zoe had already eaten dinner, and she was now heading to her suite, in one of the higher floors of the casino, to get some rest.

Zoe has used the front elevator bay to head to the level her apartment was on. Which was on one of the floors reserved for the staff that lived and worked there.

After Zoe made it to the level her suite was one, she exit the elevator and walked down the hallway. She soon turned a corner in the hallway, that lead to her suite, Zoe saw Lee leaning the right side of her body against the wall, next to, and right behind the door to her suite. With the door to Zoe's suite being to her left.

Zoe saw that Lee was still wearing her casual clothing from earlier that day. Along with this, Zoe noticed that Lee was looking at her, with a childish grin on her face.

Zoe also noticed that no one else in the hallway.

As Zoe approached Lee, she deadpanned, in a low growl, “What do you want?”

Lee maintained her grin, as she playfully commented, “Lee figured we needed to talk.”

As Zoe came to a stop, two feet in front of Lee, Lee was forced to slightly look up to see the taller woman's face.

Zoe looked slightly down at Lee, as she stated, with a hint of force, “You, of all people, should know better than to want to mess with me. I don't like people that mess with my life. And you have turned my life upside down. Twice. And if I didn't want to risk harming Wash and Book, I would be kicking your ass down the hallway, right now. Especially, because of what you and River have done, I am going to have to grieve for my husband. Twice!”

Lee said, “We were afraid you would think about it, that way. But, it is more of a case of visiting, and be back someday, on a more permanent basis.”

Zoe responded, “Even so. No matter your intentions. Or, River and Chang's intentions. The captain is right. What you, River, and Chang did, crossed a line, you shouldn't have.”

Lee stated, “Listen, Zoe. There is one thing, about this situation, that Lee didn't tell the others. Including you.”

Zoe remarked, “And that would be?”

Lee said, “That Lee can allow the other two to take temporary control of her body.”

Zoe sarcastically commented, “That is interesting. By the way, talking in the third person, Lee, shows that you are insane.”

Lee giggled a little, as she stopped leaning on the wall, and stood straight up. She then responded, “I never said I was, Lee.”

For a few seconds, there was silence between the two women, as Lee watched Zoe's eye dawn with realization.

Zoe quietly said, “Wash?...”

Suddenly, without warning, Lee took a step forward, leaned up, on her toes, and she kissed Zoe on her lips.

Zoe immediately recognized who was kissing her, by the way she was kissing. And she shared her kiss with Wash.

The kiss lasted a few more seconds, before Wash then broke the kiss, as she stood back on her feet.

Zoe silently looked into the eyes of the other woman for a few seconds. She then leaned down, and embraced the other woman, as she kissed her deeply on the lips.

Wash returned both the embrace, and, the kiss, for another several seconds.

As they broke their kiss, and embrace, they looked at each other.

Zoe said, in relief, “I really needed that.”

Wash replied, “Honey, I know that it has been a long time for you. Now, let's go inside and talk. Where it is private.”

Zoe leaned up straight, as she agreed, “Good idea.”

Zoe turned to her door, as she pulled out the card key to her door.

Zoe then unlocked the electronic door lock, and walked inside in her suite.

When Zoe entered the room, she move to the side opposite to where the door swung inwards. As she came to a stop, she flipped on a wall switch, by the door, that turned a pair of yellow ceiling lights on in the room.

Wash walked in to the room, right after Zoe. As she continued further into the room, she looked around, she saw that it was a small living room.

Behind Wash, Zoe pocketed her key card and gently shut the door. With the knob automatically locking, on the outside, when it was closed, but could be opened from the inside, with ease.

Zoe then turned to Wash, as she commented, “I know it is not much. But, it is a lot better than just a bunk on Serenity.”

Wash turned around to face Zoe, as she complimented, “It is nice.”

Zoe stated, “When Chang renovated this place, he dedicated a few of the floors as living quarters for the staff. While it is not very big. It is still a nice place to live. Living room, kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom, Along with a fenced in balcony, that is big enough to place small table, and a couple of chairs outside. Some of these suites, like Spike and Julia's, even have two bedrooms.”

Wash understood what Zoe was hinting at, as she stated, “It is always nice to plan for the future.”

Zoe walked up to Wash, as she said, “I agree.”

A second later, Zoe came to a stop three feet in front of Wash. She then asked, in a more serious tone of voice, “I have to ask. Am I still a widow?”

Wash answered, with a bit of comfort in her tone of voice, “For the moment. But, I hope someday to change that.”

Zoe responded, “As do I. Now, how are Book and Lee doing, right now?”

Wash answered, “Book is asleep. Because he respects our privacy, and he doesn't want to be a part of what is coming next. And Lee has to be awake to allow me be in the mental pilot's seat of her body. And I can not add possessing another body on the list of things I have piloted.”

Zoe happily smiled, as she said, “True. And I am not surprised by both of their reactions to this situation.” Her voice turned more warm, as she continued, “I want you to know that I realize that, with your new body, you are not going to look you did before, and that I don't care. I just want to back, as an adult.”

Wash gave Zoe a smile, as she kindly said, “I know. And even if I forget this conversation, I am sure Lee will someday remind me of this night.”

Lee thought, 'Yes. I will.'

Wash thought, 'Thank you.' She said, out loud, “Lee just confirmed she will... Listen, we don't have a lot of time. So, I figured we might as well just have some fun.”

Zoe began, “Are you suggesting?...”

Wash stated, “Yes. We don't have time to do anything else. So, can you think of a better way we can spend our time?”

Zoe sighed. She commented, “Well, I would love to have a long conversation with you. But, the way you are talking, this visit will be brief. So, I guess I am okay with doing that.”

Wash said, “Good. And besides the time constraints. The reason I am being so forward about this is that River mentioned that you have not really been with someone since me. If that is the case, it is best we do this while we still can.”

Zoe stated, “It figures that minx would tell you that.”

Wash replied, “Yes. I find that touching, on your part.”

Zoe responded, “Thank you. What else has Lee and River informed you about?”

Wash answered, “I know about about that screwy gender virus. Honestly, given your cute, tomboy personality, I did occasionally wonder what you would have been like as a guy.”

Zoe laughed a little. As she calmed down, she conceded, “Of course you would, dear. And I do not mind showing you that side of me. Though, my male form is actually a little taller, more muscular, and... Beefier... And I cannot change in the clothing I am wearing, without tearing it.”

Wash replied, “I look forward to seeing that side of you in a minute.”

Zoe responded, “Yes. It will be fun.” She then frowned, as she continued, in a sad tone of voice, “I just wish you could stay.”

Wash stated, in a calm tone of voice, “Patience my love. We will be back together, sooner than you think. And with your longevity, you won't age much in the meantime.”

Zoe commented, “But, I am worried, if you will still be you.”

Wash said, “Lee mentioned someone you know, that is in a similar situation. Her name is, Violin.”

Zoe replied, “Yes. And thinking about how things turned out for her gives me hope.”

Wash responded, “Same here. Also, there is another issue that from Lee's memories that both you, and she, have been avoiding. Something Lee changed about you, and your future. I wish to address this.”

Zoe questioned, “Let me guess. The fact that Lee arranged for me to not be pregnant, with our daughter?”

Wash stated, “Yes. And from Lee's memories, since finding out what she wrote, actually happened, she is not going to touch the issue with a ten foot pole. Especially, around you. Because she feels that you would likely kill her for just reminding you of it.”

Zoe let out a hollow laugh. She then said, “I know. Though, I am not going to kill her over her.”

Wash sensed Lee relax some. Wash then asked, “When did you learn about her?”

Zoe answered, “I learned about my alternate self's pregnancy from reading Lee's stories. And Lee only mentioned her in passing.”

Wash spoke up, “And those stories are a can of worms, in of itself.”

Zoe sighed. She then said, “I know. Anyway, it was only recently that I tracked down the comics that took place after our series and movie... Wash, this is so damn strange...”

Wash halfheartedly commented, “I know, Zoe. But, at least let us make the strangeness work for us.”

Zoe responded, in a sober tone of voice, “Agreed. When I first learned that Lee changed it so I was not pregnant with our child, our daughter, I was furious with Lee. Then, I got to thinking about it. And I realized the situation my counterpart was in. Even with the crews help. She was a single mother, on the run from a galactic armada. That is not a good way to raise a child. And the birth had mild complications for my counterpart.”

Wash deadpanned, “That would just be our luck.”

Zoe stated, “To say that least... And after a while, I came understand that. Along with realizing the pros and cons. And as Lee pointed out, the trade off is that Inara is not dying.”

Wash smiled, as she said, “Listen. When we get back together. We will solve that little problem.”

Zoe returned Wash's smile, as she responded, “Yes. We will...” She then continued, in a more joyous tone of voice, 'Now, to talk about something more positive. Just so you know. Besides the obvious, between men and women, there are some differences when making love.”

Wash stated, “I have Lee's memories on the subject. And to say there are differences, is an understatement.”

Zoe pointed out, “Still, either way is pleasurable... Yet, with Lee being pregnant with... Well, you and Book... That could cause problems.”

Wash said, “I agree. That does limit our options in bed. But, Lee informed me that we are not limited not by a lot. And besides, I am willing to do it anyway you want.”

Zoe inquired, “I know. And how about girl on girl? Then, guy on girl? And finally, girl on girl?”

Wash said, in a supportive tone of voice, “That sounds wonderful to me.”

Zoe replied, in a grateful tone of voice, “Thank you...” She then asked, with a bit of curiosity in her tone of voice, “By the way, what is it like being pregnant?”

Wash responded, “Well, I am technically pregnant with myself... I never thought I would ever hear myself say that. But, Lee's stomach just feels like a large lump right now. No movement.”

Zoe said, “More's the pity... Well, let me show you to my bedroom. And my queen sized bed should be big enough for the two of us to have some fun in.”

Wash happily responded, “Just lead the way, my love.”

Zoe giggled a little, as she walked passed Wash, and further into her suite, with Wash following right behind her.

(_)

A few hours later, in the darkened room of Zoe's bedroom, both Wash and Zoe were asleep, beside each other, on Zoe's bed.

Both were nude, laying over on their backs, over the bed sheets, with Zoe in her female form.

When facing from the foot of the bed, Zoe was on the right side of the queen sized bed, and Wash was on the left side of the bed.

While the two lovers were sleep, while Lee was still awake.

As Lee laid in Zoe's bed, she thought, 'When it comes to sex, they may be tame, but their endurance is insane. It was like one tidal wave of passion, right after another... I am going to need a few hours to rest, before I have some fun with River and Chang. But, that will not be a problem. I even have something in mind, though, I am going to need to know what time it is, right now...'

Lee then looked at the clock on a nightstand, to her right side. The green LED clock stated that it was nine twenty-two PM.

Lee thought, 'Good. I got plenty of time for what I need to do.'

Lee then felt the stickiness and slight soreness between her legs, as she continued her thoughts, 'And I am going to need that time for a nice hot show to relax everything, and to get cleaned up. Though, we did use condoms, Zoe, as a guy, really knows how to fill a woman... In so many ways... And those two, no matter the gender, worked like clockwork, with each other... Each one anticipated the others movements. That requires a level of intimacy, between two people, that is rare now a days...'

'Whatever the rest of River's plan is for those two is, I am sure they will be fine, in the end.'

'After I get cleaned up, I will change clothes, and mentally wake up Book, without disturbing Wash. Fortunately, I am able to sense the two of them. And I should be able to do this without a problem. And then, I will help Book with his request.'

'Now, to get out of this bed, get dressed, and leave for the penthouse apartment. Without waking Zoe... Fortunately, I convinced Wash to put all my clothing in a pile, over my shoes. Along with leaving the bedroom door open... So, this should not be too hard...'

'Then again, it is tempting to make my way back upstairs in the nude. Who would believe a pregnant, naked woman, stripping down the hallways of the hotel?... But, I think I won't. I have to go downstairs, to the an express elevator, to get back upstairs. And doing so in the nude would cause too many problems... Now, to get out of here...'

Lee then carefully got up from the bed. She then silently made her way in the darkened room, over to her clothing. She used her sense of touch to figure out which pieces of her clothing were which, as she slowly put on her clothes. After she was dressed, she slowly, and quietly, made her way out of the bedroom. Soon, Lee has exited Zoe suite, and into the hallway, without waking Zoe.

Lee had soon made it to the door to the hotel hallway. Lee gently turned the knob, and opened the door.

As Lee slowly pulled the door open, she swapped hands, to hold the knob open from the outside.

She then slowly shut the door, as she made her way outside. When the door was fully closed, with her in the hallway, she slowly allowed the knob to return in the locked position. When it reached the position, the only sound it made was a soft clicking sound, as the outside of the knob locked.

As soon as the door was closed, Lee turned to her right, headed for the back elevator bay, which was the closest to her. Which was the opposite direction from which Zoe had earlier come to her apartment.

When Lee reached the elevator bay on that floor, she took an elevator to the first floor. Where she then to the back express elevator to the penthouse.

Once on the penthouse floor, she headed to the apartment where she, River, and Chang lived. As soon as she got there, she cleaned up, and put on some fresh clothing. So, she could get ready to help Book with his request.

(_)

It was ten ten PM, by the clock, hanging in the wall, in the casino restaurant.

Mal had finally got off his shift a few minutes ago. And after buying a bottle of good Bourbon whiskey from the bartender on duty, behind the bar counter, along with a small glass to pour the whiskey in. Mal retired to one of the private rooms in the restaurant, which was either reserved for employees, and high rollers that visited the casino. Though, not at the same time.

As the moment, Mal was the only one in the room. He was sitting in a cushion chair, at a table, alone, in one Bourbon whiskey, and a glass that was half full. He was facing the door to his private room.

The room itself was like all the private rooms of the restaurant. A double-doors, with paneled windows on the doors, and walls facing the restaurant, and the walls that faced out into the casino gaming floor.

This allow the occupants of the room to look out at the restaurant, and through the restaurant windows, into the gaming floor itself.

Though, the windows that faced the gaming floor directly were one way, while the windows facing the restaurant were translucent.

Most of the private rooms has tables that could sit six to eight, in a round table. But, there was one private dining room nearby that was formal room, with a rectangular table that could six sixteen people in all.

As Mal picked up his glass and he took a sip of his whiskey, he thought, 'This life just gets stranger and stranger... And I don't mind letting Zoe take off early, after the stunt River, Chang, and Lee pulled, this afternoon. I don't blame her. She needs some down time after that... Yet. While I don't agree with what they did, I do understand why they did it. And it will be nice to see Wash and Book, again...'

Just as Mal sat his glass back down on the table, he saw, across the table, the door to his left open in front of himself.

Through the window of the door, Mal saw who it was. He thought, 'Speak of the devil...'

The person was, Lee. From the slightly wet sheen on her long black hair, and that she wore a different change of clothing, than the clothing Mal saw her wearing, earlier that day, Mal mentally theorized, 'I guess she had a shower a very short time ago. As to why, I do not know. And I do not want to know what she has been up to, nor do I care.'

As Lee walked fully into the room, with her right hand holding the door open, Mal saw that she had a bottle of water in her left hand.

Lee calmly requested, “Can I please speak to you, in private? There are some matters I wish to discuss with you.”

Mal thought, 'For obvious reasons. Since moving into the casino, Lee, has gone out of her way to avoid me. If she has something to say to me, in private me, it must be important.'

Mal calmly stated, “Sure. Go ahead. Have a seat.”

Lee replied, “Thank you.”

Lee gently let the door close behind her, as she moved to the table Mal was sitting at.

Lee pulled out a chair, across the table from Mal.

While Lee sat down in her chair, Mal joked, “I would offer you a glass of this bourbon, but given your condition, I doubt would accept my offer.”

Lee responded, “You would be correct. And that is why I brought this cold bottle of water.”

Lee set her bottle of water in front of her, on the table.

Lee then spent a few second getting comfortable in her seat.

Once she was comfortable in her seat, she looked over at Mal, as she plainly asked, “So, tell me. Did you ever finally come to believe in something? Or, do you need another good sermon?”

Mal eyes went wide for a second, before they quickly returned to normal. He happily grinned, as he said, in a humorous tone of voice, “Didn't I tell you, that you were welcome on my ship, but God was not?”

Lee pointed out, “Yes. But, we are not on you're ship anymore. And given where I left you, you seem to be doing better than I thought you would be.”

Mal teased, “Thought we would be having this conversation in Heaven?”

Lee deadpanned, “If we were lucky.”

Mal responded, “It is good to see you again, old man.”

Lee looked down at herself. She then look back up at Mal, as she stated, “I am clearly no longer a man, nor old.” She continued, in a sarcastic tone of voice, “And my complexion is certainly a few shades lighter.”

Mal let out a small laugh. He said, “That is true. It is good to see you, Book.”

Book replied, “Same here, Mal.”

Mal asked, “So, how are you doing, while being in a woman's body?”

Book retorted, “You tell me. You have more experience on the matter than myself.”

Mal inquired, “How did you learn about that so fast?... Even River wouldn't have told you about that. She knows that it is a sore point for me.”

Book pointed out, “River told Lee, and I have access to Lee's memories. Lee mentioned this, at the meeting, this afternoon.”

Mal commented, “Oh... Well, to be honest. I try not to pay much attention to Lee.”

Book suggested, in a calm tone of voice, “You really should get over what Lee did to you.”

Mal responded, “I have... For the most part... So, is Lee still conscious?”

Book cryptically said, “Lee is letting me be in the pilot's seat. But, she is right beside me, telling me all sorts of interesting things.”

Mal deadpanned, “I am sure. So, is Wash awake in there, as well?”

Book answered, “No. He... Err she already had her fun tonight. And she is asleep.”

Mal guessed, “So, you went to see Zoe?” He mentally added, 'That explains the shower and change of clothing. Still, I cannot blame Wash and Zoe for doing that, when they had the chance.'

Book stated, “Yes. From what Lee has told me. But, I wasn't awake at the time. I believe that those two deserved their privacy.”

Mal replied, “I fully agree. By the way, sorry for using your corpse as a hood ordainment.”

Book joked, “Well, I always did want to be cremated after I died.”

Both adults chuckled a little.

As they calmed down, Book continued, “And from what Lee has told me. It was for a good cause.”

Mal stated, “Your body did help us get pass that hellish strip of space.”

Book said, “I am sure. And I have to ask. Is what Lee telling me, true?”

Mal asked, “What parts?”

Book commented, “I am not sure where to begin.”

Mal stated, “Then, I will make it simple. It is all true. Especially, the most unbelievable parts.”

Book said, “I was worried that would be your answer.”

Mal teased, “Don't have a crisis of faith on my account.”

Book let out a laugh. She then opened her bottle of water, setting the lid on the table, near her. She then took a swallow of water. She sat her bottle of water back down. She commented, “You may find this interesting, but Lee's lack of faith in God is almost as strong as yours.”

Mal replied, “Yes. Lee stated as such. So, how about yourself?”

Book calmly answered, “I still have my faith. I can sense there is a guiding hand to all this. One that clearly is working towards our better interests.”

Mal conceded, “Well, we are talking to each other again. So, that is an improvement.”

Book agreed, “That it is. So, what is going on with you an Inara? Even the blind could tell you two cared about each other, even though you did everything you could to stay apart.”

Mal picked up his glass and took another sip of whiskey. As he set his glass back down, he sighed. He then began, “Our relationship has never been... Stable...”

Book deadpanned, “That is an understatement.”

Mal said, “Yes. And while we live in two different apartments in the casino, our relationship has improved a lot. We talk. We go on dates. We share a bed together, on occasion. And with Inara no longer a whore, that we sleep together more often then you would expect. All in all, things are looking up for us in that department”

Book commented, “That is good to hear. Though, it sounds like wedding bells are not going to chime for you two, anytime soon.”

Mal said, in a slight sad tone of voice, “I have come to realize that I don't think either of us are the marrying type.”

Book stated, “As the good book says. You find happiness where you can.”

Mal called Book's bluff, by asking, “Where does it say that at?”

Book chuckled a little, in response. She then requested, “Point taken. Also, I hope I am not being too forward. But, even with Lee's memories, I would like to see your female form.”

Mal flatly said, “I am not going to sleep with you.”

Book reacted with surprise, as she stated, “Oh no. I would never live that down... Lee would never live that down... We would never live that down...”

Mal burst out laughing for several seconds, at Book's reaction to his comment.

Book remained silent, to give her old friend time to calm down.

As Mal calmed down, he said, “Alright. I give.”

A few seconds later, Mal was able to make himself sneeze, and Book watched as Mal instantly changed into his smaller female form.

Book looked over at Mal, across the table, as she stated, with a bit of wonderment in her voice, “Fascinating.”

Mal joked, in her female voice, “You should see it from my end.”

Book asked, “Does the change hurt?”

Mal answered, “No. Not at all. I do not even feel the change. And that goes for everyone I talked too, whom can do this. It just happens in an instant. And it takes the brain a few seconds to register the obvious changes.”

Book began, “Oh... So, when you slept with Inara?...”

Mal cut Book off, as she said, “When we sleep together, Inara is a woman, and I am a man. Unless it is a special occasion.”

Book teased, “Macho to the end. Even while a woman.”

Mal smirked, as she happily responded, “And proud of it. Still, over time she has convinced me to do it in almost every way imaginable.”

Book commented, “Given Irana's previous occupation, that would be quite a long list.”

Mal smile grew a little wider, as she replied, “I know.”

Book decided to change the subject, as she complimented, “You know. Even though your clothing is not very flattering for you current form. You look very pretty.”

Mal's smile turned a bit warmer, as she responded, “I admit, I cut a good figure in this form. Though, not as good as Inara.”

Book halfheartedly replied, “Of course. But, few do.”

Mal agreed, “That is true.”

Mal then sneezed, and Book watched as Mal instantly changed back into her male form.

Book asked, “So, how long did it take for you to learn to sneeze on command.”

Mal answered, in his male voice, “It took us all a few years. But, given the control we now have, it was worth it.”

Book commented, with a bit of mischievousness in her voice, “I bet. And you know, Mal, with this ability, you could become a mother?”

Mal flatly stated, “Not going to happen.”

Book teased, “From what Lee is telling me, quite a few people in your position eventually changed their minds on the subject.”

Mal retorted, “And more power to them. But, I am not going that route. And the way Lee wrote the rules to these changes, there are no accidental pregnancies, when it comes to those that change this way, whom do it in their female forms.”

Book conceded, “I see your point. So, where did you leave the Serenity at?”

Mal answered, “Since spaceships are not exactly common on this Earth, at this point in time, we had to leave it behind. Still, my ship is currently parked in an enclosed, private hanger, on Mars, in the Cowboy Bebop reality. Everything around my ship is set for automatic billing to a very large bank account, with automatic transfers to a few large secondary bank accounts, if there is a problem with the first bank account. So, it is not going anywhere, any time soon.”

Book said, “That is nice to know.”

Mal asked, “So, why did you really leave us, in the first place?”

Book said, “I felt that the lives that, you and your crew lead, would be the death of me. I guess I was right. And that I did not leave soon enough.”

Mal pointed point, with a mix of sadness and anger in his tone of voice, “Ah hell. The bastards killed almost everyone we knew. Even if you had left us months, beforehand, they would have come after you.”

Book said, with disgust in her tone of voice, “Such blind arrogance, and excessiveness.”

Mal forced himself to calm down, as he said, in a more relaxed, even tone of voice, “You are preaching to the choir.”

Book responded, in a reserved tone of voice, “I believe you are correct. So, that is why you finally decided to leave our home reality?”

Mal answered, in a sober tone of voice, “Even without Chang and Lee actions, we had run out of sky. We are literally on the ragged edge of known space. It was either take Rock's deal, or we would have likely died. And I am glad we took her deal.”

Book responded, “Yes. And I am glad things worked out for all of you.”

Mal happily said, “Same here, buddy.”

Book grinned. She the held up her bottle of water in a toast, as she stated, in a cheerful tone of voice, “To buddies.”

Mal held up his glass of bourbon, as he replied, in a happy tone of voice, “To buddies.”

Both of them took a sip of their drinks. They then set down their glass and bottle, as they continued talking to each other.

Their conversation covered a wide range of topic. And it was a fun time for both of them.

An hour an a half later, they called it a night, and left the restaurant, while heading in two different directions.

By the time Book had reached the front elevator bay, Lee was back in control of her body. With Book making himself go back to sleep. Due to Book not wanting to be a part of what Lee had planned next.

Lee soon use her elevator key to take the express elevator back up to the penthouse, where she, River and Chang, were planning to have some late night festivities, that would be beginning in a few minutes, at twelve midnight.

(_)

Around a month later, it was a crisp February morning. The sun way shining, with all the signs pointing to a pleasant day.

Inside Chang's penthouse office, at the table of the Daiyu Palace Casino, Chang, River and Lee were have a conversation.

Presently into her fourth month of pregnant, except for some minor annoyances, such as morning sickness, Lee had so far no medical problems for herself, nor her unborn children.

That morning three lovers had already gotten up, cleaned, and dressed for the day. They dressed casually. Even Chang. And they had just has finished a breakfast that was brought by the hotel staff.

As the bellhop has just left with the empty dishes, Chang, River and Lee had moved to Chang's personal office, to talk over some important matters concerning their future.

The door the office was open, and inside, at the two chairs in front of Chang's desk, River sat in the left chair, while Lee sat in the right chair.

Chang sat in his chair, behind his desk, as he looked at River and Lee.

Chang asked, “So, how are Book and Wash doing, within you, Lee?”

Chang noticed that River frowned a little, after he asked his question.

Lee answered, in a sad tone of voice, “Both their memories and personalities finally sealed completely a few days ago.”

Chang inquired, with slight concern in his tone of voice, “Why did you wait to tell me?”

Lee said, “I saw no point in doing so. It would not have changed what happened. And I figured you would be ready to know for sure, when you asked.”

Chang conceded, “Fair enough.”

Lee slightly smile, as she mentioned, in a slightly happier tone of voice, “But, while we can no longer communicate with them, we know they are alive. Especially me. Considering, I have now begin to be able to feel them move within me for the last few days. And my babies like to be active. Also, we plan to unseal their memories, and slowly integrate their personalities, with their the ones they will develop, when they are older.”

Chang thought, 'At least, Lee is happy about the situation, instead of sad about no longer being able to communicate with Wash and Book.' He then noticed a slight smile curl on the lips of River. Chang continued his thoughts, 'Yea, River. I am glad you agree. And it was a fun month, to say the least.'

River gave Chang a slight nod. She then turned to Lee, as she said, “And I enjoy laying my hands on your stomach, to feel our children move.”

Lee looked over at River, as she smiled. She laid her hands, gently, over her shirt, on her enlarged, rounded stomach. She stated, “I love to do the same thing, myself.”

Chang questioned, “Before I ask a few more questions on the topic. I was wondering if you had already picked out names?”

River and Lee looked back at Chang, as River said, “Yes. Lee and I talked about it. Though, I think it should be Lee that tells you.”

Lee stated, “We believed we should just keep is simple. We are using nicknames they used based off of their last name, or alias, in their previous lives. As such, we are just calling them Wash and Book.”

Chang pointed out, “Nice idea in its simplicity, but can you tell them apart? It would be very awkward for everyone, after they unsealed their memories, if you gave them the wrong names.”

River answered, “Yes. I can still tell them apart. Even now. So, that will not be a problem.”

Chang replied, “Good.” He then looked over at Lee, as he inquired, “Now, I would like to know. What is it like, feeling them move within you?

Lee answered, “Do you remember what I wrote at the end of book two, when the same thing happened to Rock?”

Chang said, “Yes.”

Lee commented, “I did not do that scene justice. And even with my writing skills I cannot tell you how emotionally happy and fulfilling this makes me feel... My parental instincts... Well, let us just call it maternal instincts, have been switched on. And I cannot wait to have my children, and raise them.”

Chang replied, “That is good.” He mentally reflected, 'At least this will increase the chances that there will not be any serious emotional problems from Lee, as she raises hers and River's children.”

River let out a small laugh. She commented, “Given how happy she is, it is tempting to go through with it, myself.”

Chang stated, “Let's see how we can handle these two first.”

River agreed, “Good idea.”

Lee inquired, “So River, you have occasionally hinted that I will likely not be giving birth in the casino?”

Chang stated, “Actually, we plan for you to leave in a few hours, and we will use time dilation, for both the rest of your pregnancy, and raising yours and River's children. While, when we return, only a few minutes will have passed here. And no one in either reality will be the wiser that we have spent a lot of time in another reality.

River mentioned, “Yes. That way, Zoe will not have to wait around two decades to be reunited with an adult Wash, whom remembers and lovers her.”

Lee asked, “I know we will have to come back occasionally. If for any other reason, for us not to fall of our habit, with what is going on here. So, we will be spending some time here. As such, how long as we talking for those here, by the time our children are grown up?”

Chang answered, “Given the full plan. With time here and there. By our math, it will be around two years.”

Lee inquired, “And what is the time ratio between our time our time here, and our time there?”

River stated, “A month here. And a year there. With us be gone only a few minutes in either reality.”

Lee questioned, “Okay. I am liking this plan. But, where, when, and what reality is, there?”

Chang responded, “That is a fair question. Lee, do you remember that line in book two, about my toying with the idea of becoming a feudal warlord?”

Lee answered, “Though vaguely. Yes.”

Chang stated, “Well, I like the idea so much, that I went to an alternate Earth reality, during the feudal period, in a part of Asia. And I took control, as a leader, in a village and a castle, in a nice valley, with a lake, in the middle of nowhere. I did this after I establish this organization, and those here only thought I was gone for five minutes, at best, on one of my private errands.”

Lee replied, “Not bad.”

Chang admitted, “Well, in honesty. Though, I fought a few battles, for what I not rule. I did not conquer that area, so much as took control. And I did so as a lady, and not a man, as a way that what I did would not be traced back to me. And River was with me, as a woman.”

River commented, in a casual manner, “It was fun.”

Lee said, “Nice thinking.”

Chang stated, “Also, the locals know River and my male forms, as siblings to our female forms.”

Lee inquired, “That is a nice cover story, using a tried and true true. Now, how do these locals view you, and River? And do you rule with an iron fist?”

Chang responded, “I was a warrior queen there. Let's be honest. If you could choose. Would you rather be Conan? Or, Red Sonya?”

Lee admitted, “I admit that is a hard call. Both character archetypes have their perks.”

Chang replied, “True.”

Lee said, “I would guess I would go with Sonya.”

Chang responded, “My thoughts exactly. And Sonya had enough sense to where armor, instead of just a battle bikini... Most of the time.”

River commented, “When it comes to strong, powerful, well thought out women character, Sonya was way ahead of her time. Which is ironic, considering she was created for a fantasy setting. She was the original badass, redhead babe. I admit, I would likely partly inspired by her.”

Lee casually stated, “Given the way you killed those reavers with that sword and axe, at the end of the Serenity film. I would have to say, yes. Most definitely.”

River giggled a little. She then happily responded, “Thank you.”

Lee replied, “You're welcome.”

Chang cracked a grin, as he said, “Yes. River's carnage can truly something to behold.”

Lee returned the smile, as she inquired, “I see the appeal. So, how does River fit into your royal court? Given the time setting, I could understand you both being in the closet. So to speak.”

Chang answered, “No. We are open about our relationship. And they know River is my lover. Though, they don't know about the gender bending.”

Lee pointed out, “You know that is going to come up, eventually.”

Chang replied, “When it does, we will just hand wave it as magic. And I checked. The locals don't really care for magic, one way, or the other, as long as it does not negatively effect them.”

Lee conceded, “Then, that could work.”

Chang stated, “I know. Now, in my court, River is a lady. She has political power in my kingdom, as well. And when we get there, I will formally introduce you, and appoint you as one of my ladies, and lovers, in my court.”

River mentioned, “We have already placed another cushion chair, beside ours, in our throne room. Chang is in the middle. I am to Chang's right, and you will be on Chang's left.”

Lee said, “Thank you.”

River replied, “It was no problem.”

Chang responded, “You're welcome. Also, you will not need to attend all the time. Just a few times, occasionally. And like in this casino. As ruler of that kingdom, I keep the hours of what I do, and when I do it.”

“Also, those in that kingdom know better than to question me, due to how powerful River and I are in battle. And with River's telepathy, we will know if there are any serious plots to my rule, before those plots can fully take shape.”

River commented, “Though, such plots rarely happen. And my telepathy lets me know if there are any other serious problems, such as legitimate issues within our kingdom.”

Chang said, “Yes. We have had no peasant revolts. And they serve us well. And they are quite content. Though, not necessarily happy, with their lot in life.”

River commented, “Along with this, while our kingdom is isolated enough not to worry about any large scale armies coming after us. We do get the occasion bandit raids. Though, they rarely get passed the outer walls of the village, let alone the inner walls of the castle, itself. Which we live in.”

Chang responded, “True. They are a minor nuisance. But, other than that, they not something to worry about. And while I do rule in a firm manner, it is just, and within reason.”

Lee asked, “Like back in Roanapur. Where you give individuals a warning, before you bring the hammer down on them?”

Chang happily said, “You know me so well.”

Lee commented, “I thought as much. So, what language do they speak?

Chang answered, “A variation of my native language, which you and River know very well. So, none of us have any problems speaking it. Nor, reading and writing it.”

Lee inquired, “Okay. But, before we leave, be aware that I have always been fond of indoor plumbing, hot and cold running water, soap, toilet paper, hot showers, and other amenities. To say the least.”

Chang stated, “I know. And my personal quarters have all the modern amenities. Though, the locals think of our modern weapons and technology as magic. But, that only adds to the mystique of my rule.”

River said, “The castle walls, including the interior walls, are either brick, or stone. Chang and I also had them redo the roofing, to a modern wooden roofs that can handle stronger winds, from stronger storm.”

Lee complimented, “That is good foresight on your part.”

River responded, “Thank you. And while those outside the castle not have access to much technology we have. Our personal quarters do. Our personal quarter consist of a large bedroom with a large bed, couch, chairs, tables, and some fun toys. A private dining room with a western style table, and chairs. A private kitchen. A medium sized work out room, with exercise equipment. A library, closets, courtyard, and full bathroom.”

Chang commented, “We also have enough gold in a secret safe in our bedroom, to comfortably buy our kingdom, twice over.”

River said, “That is true... Also, the bathroom has running hot and cold water, a large full bath that can fit all three of us, separate large shower that we can all fit in, his and hers adjoining sinks, a full mirror above the sinks, western style flush toilet, with piping that leads into a septic field, away from the castle, and the village surrounding it. Along with all this, we make sure to regularly stock plenty of toilet paper, soap, different types of towels, and other toiletries.”

“The bedroom, itself, is quite large, and is modernly furnished. Modern, comfortable, king sized bed, like we have here. Along with modern pillow, modern silk sheets, and modern style blankets. Should we need them.”

Lee smiled at River's comment on the bedroom of her and Chang's other home. Lee said, “Sounds nice.”

River returned Lee's smile, as she went onto say, “I know. Along with the bed, the room has modern furniture, including a cushion couch, coffee table, a few different types of chairs, and various entertainment systems.”

“Also, the water is pulled from a clean deep underground spring, with a nice, electrical, real time water heater. It is hot water for as long as you want. And the court yard has a nice hot tub.”

“We have a private generator that powers all our items, that is placed in a closet. The generator is alien technology that will not cause hear, let along a fire. And the generator does not need outside fuel. It will last a thousand years, if we want it too.”

Lee replied, “Cool.”

River stated, “We have a small gym, with modern gym equipment. And the kitchen has a stove, oven, microwave, refrigerator with freeze, hot and cold running water sink. We occasionally stock food from other realities, including this one.”

Lee said, “Nice.”

River said, “Yes. It is... And the technology in our private quarters includes all indoor parts having air conditioning and heating, and lighting. A few different entertainment systems, with remotes, and a thin, wide screen TV in our bedroom, that is mount to a brick wall. We also have two state of the art computers... We will have to get one for you... Plenty of video games. Along, with DVDs and Blu-Rays of movies, TV series, animations. Also, our library has some of our personal favorite books and comics.

“Included, are tools to repair minor problems with our items. The rest we can just go to another reality, and retrieve what we need, and come back, within a few minutes of leaving, for those whom stay.”

“And all this is just for starters. We also have nice clothing, and the servants are polite, loyal, and competent, whom know better than to mess with our belongings.”

Lee commented, “Of course. And it sounds like you have thought of everything, for your home away from home.”

River happily replied, “Exactly.”

Lee stated, “I think I will like living there.”

River smiled, as she said, “Good.”

Lee complimented, in a casual tone of voice, “And as expected, from you two, this is how those with in style.”

Chang said, “Thank you.”

Lee mentioned, “Still, there are a couple of minor problems. Though, I haven't really felt like talking about it. As I previously informed you both. Rock told me that Revy wants to be there for the births. And I also, invited Rock to the births, as well.”

River said, “I was waiting until you felt fully ready to address that issue.”

Lee grinned, as she replied, “Touche.”

River turned Lee's smile.

Chang said, “This will not be a problem. Those two know to keep my secrets.”

Lee asked, “Good. Now, besides those two, how many people will we have to let know. about kingdom of yours?”

Chang stated, “I guess Simon, for obvious reasons.”

River said, “I already talked to Simon about this. And he is okay with keeping our secrets, given we will still be coming back for medical checkup, by Simon. And my brother knows better than to ask questions. Given that later today, he you will be seeing him periodically teleport into his office, in the infirmary. With your growing stomach, every time you visit. I even have the appointment already made.”

Lee inquired, “Okay. Now, the most obvious question. Besides the time dilation. Why do you want me to come in the first place? This could be done in a number of nice locations in the multiverse.”

Chang stated, “Well, in the later part of your part of your pregnancy, you might want to some privacy, that you won't have here.”

Lee commented, “Good point. And I am sure that you have plenty of reality devices there, if there are complications.”

River said, “Absolutely. We have several hidden in places throughout the castle. And you can keep one with you, if you want. We will show you were all the devices are, when we get there. And we will not be to far away at any time, from you. Should problems arise.”

Lee stated, “Good. And with my precognition, we should be able to head off any problems, before they arise. Also, if someone suspects something, in this reality, just say we are taking a vacation, to where I could have the babies, and raise them safely.”

Chang said, “Exactly.”

Lee commented, “That will be enough of an explanation.”

River replied, “I agree.”

Chang stated, “Then, it is settled. We will pack up, and head over their, in a little while.” Chang focused on Lee, as he continued, “Still, if you want. You can take your time. We have all the time in the world.”

Lee commented, “While that is all good and well. There is only minor problem left with this plan. Given your extreme longevity, you two physically age very slowly. I still age at a much faster rate. Granted it is slowed by half. But, I do age. And I will eventually grow old with this plan.”

Chang stated, “Should you start to look your age, the vat process is still an option for you.”

Lee conceded, “That is a good point. And you know, if this works out, I, and I guess River, will be two places at once... Which is not a first for this crew... In that, after I have my kids, we returned five minutes later. But, my past self will be coming to see Simon throughout today, every hour, or so.”

River said, “Yes. And, when we get to that point, it is best we do not visit Simon, nor our past selves.”

Lee replied, “I agree.”

River suggested, “But, before we go, we need to talk to Zoe about this. She deserves to know what is going on, given it does effect her, and Wash.”

Lee agreed, “Yes. We do need to talk to her, before we leave.”

Chang offered, “I will call her up here, right now.”

Chang then pulled out his cellphone, and dialed the security section of his casino. So, he could some summon Zoe to his office.

(_)

A few minutes later, in Chang's office, River said, “She is coming.”

River and Lee turned in their seats, towards each other, as they looked behind their chairs to see Zoe walk into the room.

Zoe came to a stop at the threshold of the door, as she calmly look at the three sitting adults. She stated, in a neutral tone of voice, “You wanted to see me, sir.”

From behind his desk, Chang looked over at Zoe. He kindly said, “I appreciate the professionalism, Zoe. But, Chang, is always fine for my friends.”

Zoe replied, “Thank you... Chang. So, what did you want?”

Chang said, “We needed to speak to you for a few minutes, on some personal matters.”

River then turned back around, stood up, and turned to face Zoe, as she offered, “If you want, you can have my chair.”

Zoe gave River a warm smile, as she said, “That won't me necessary, River. I prefer to stand.”

River turned the smile, as she turned back around, and sat in her seat, to face Chang.

As Lee watched Zoe approach them, Lee turned back around to face Chang, as well.

When Zoe came to a stop, between the two chairs, that River and Lee sat in, in front of Chang's desk, she looked down at Chang, as she commented, “I am guessing this is about Wash?”

Chang complimented, “Good guess.”

Zoe turned to her right, as she looked down at Lee. She questioned, “Have their memories and personalities have already sealed?” She then turned back to looked at Chang.

Chang replied, “Correct.”

Zoe said, “At least I got to spent time with Wash, over the last month. And it was nice having a chat with Book. So, I am not complaining.”

Chang commented, “Thank you for being so understanding.”

Zoe inquired, “You are welcome. Now, what is this about, that you could not tell the others?”

Chang thought, 'Sharp as ever, Zoe. I can understand why Mal has you as his second in command. And I might as well answer you question.' He stated, “As you likely realize, River hinted that we had a plan on raising Wash and Book. In that you would not have fret over seeing them grow up. But, first I want to make this clear that this is none of the others concern. So, I will ask you to keep this to yourself.”

Zoe flatly replied, “Of course.”

Chang said, “Later today, River, Lee, and I are planning to head to another reality, where Lee will be giving birth.”

Zoe asked, “Where are you heading?”

Chang coyly replied., “Someplace safe.”

River looked up at Zoe, as she stated, “I can vouch for Chang. The place we are going is safe. Likely safer than here, for a number of reasons.”

Zoe looked down at River, as she said, “I trust you, River.”

Zoe and River then looked back at Chang

Chang stated, “For those here, in this reality, including you, we will be back, in a few minutes. After returning, you and the others will notice that Lee will no longer be pregnant. The children will be raised over in that reality. But, for them, and you, we will only be gone for a few minutes. And if the worst happens, they will be in good hands. Also, if anyone asks, that is what we will tell them.”

Zoe commented, “But, for you five it will be much longer.”

Chang said, “Yes.”

Zoe questioned, “And how long is it going to be for us, when compare to you, until Wash and Book are adults?”

Chang answered, “The plan for us, is to spent one month here, as a break. And for me to conduct business here. For every year we spend there. So, you will be seeing Wash again, as an adult. In around two years.”

Zoe conceded, “That is not a bad plan. And I have waited this long. I can wait a little longer... Can I come with you?”

Chang stated, “I know you feel obligated to ask that question. But, we all know this is both a painful and awkward situation for you. We do not want to put you through any more emotion turmoil, by seeing you soul mate a baby, and later a child. So, the answer is, no.”

Zoe responded, “I understand, sir... Chang... So, have you picked out their new names?”

Chang said, “I will let Lee, and River, handle this question.”

Lee and River looked up at Zoe, as Lee answered, “We are going to keep it simple. We are just calling them Wash and Book.”

Zoe looked down at Lee, as she said, “While I admire simplicity in life. With their memories and personalities sealed. Are you still able to tell them apart?” She then looked over to River, for her answer.

River stated, “Yes. I still can. A spiritual signature is unique. And I learned how to use my telepathy to tell which souls is which. And that such signatures do not change. Even with their memories and personalities sealed.”

Zoe responded, “That is good. Because, It would be bad if you accidentally gave them the wrong names.”

While Zoe looked around her, she noticed Lee and Chang both nodding a few times, in agreement, as River said, ““We feel the same way. And those same questions were addressed in the conversation we just had. Before we call you here.”

Zoe stated, “I am glad we understand each other.” Her voice turned more jovial, as she joked, “Still, if everything works out. I am okay with it. Though, I am not looking forward to being an in-law to Lee.”

Lee deadpanned, “We all make sacrifices.”

Zoe looked down at Lee, as she flatly said, “Isn't that the truth.”

Zoe then turned her attention back to Chang.

Chang stated, “We are already taking precautions to insure things go smoothly.”

Zoe replied, “I realize that. That is why I am allowing this.”

Lee looked up at Zoe, as she stated, “We will try our best to raise these children.”

Zoe looked down at Lee, as she calmly said, “Oh. I know all three of you will do a good job.” She looked over at River, whom was look at her. Zoe continued, “Even with River's mental issues, she is a good woman.” She looked over at Chang, as she went on to say, “And Chang here knows not to screw this up, and cross me.”

Zoe looked back down at Lee, as she said, “And you are trying... And if you get this right, I might consider us friends...” She then sighed, as she continued, “Lord knows, all we can do in life is try...”

Lee smiled up at Zoe, as she commented, “There is always hope.”

Zoe continued to look at Lee, as she agreed, “True.” She then looked back at Chang, as she asked, “Is there anything else?... Chang?

Chang simply replied, “No.”

Zoe looked around her, then, back to Chang. She calmly said, “Then, I guess I will see you... When I see you...”

Zoe then turned around, and walked out of the room, with the three other adults watching her leave.

A few seconds after they saw Zoe exit the room, and turn towards the direction of the hallway, that lead to the front express elevator, the three adults looked back at each other.

Lee was the first one to speak, as she asked, with curiosity in her tone of voice, “So, what type of foods do they have, where we are going?”

River turned to Lee, as she answered, with a bit of joy in her tone of voice, “Several orientate types of food. A few western dishes we taught the cooks to prepare, which did not require any spices or ingredients that were rare in the area. Then, there is what we have in our own private kitchen. And our pantry and refrigerator, has plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables, and other items, that we use a reality device, to retrieve. And on special occasions, we can use our reality devices to get take out, from anywhere, and when, we would like, in the multiverse.

Lee leaned towards River, as she said, “That works for me.”

River and Lee then looked back at Chang.

Chang stated, “With us, Lee, you no longer have to worry about any wants.”

Lee said, “I thought as much. And I look forward to the servants helping us with the kids. Especially, when the children need their diapers changed.”

River commented, with seriousness evident in her tone of voice, “And those that help us will be only those that we trust. Also, I am sure they won't mind us using disposable diapers, we will buy, and bring in elsewhere, from the multiverse.”

Lee stated, “Given they won't have to clean them, I doubt they will ask any serious questions.”

River replied, “I agree. And if they do, I am sure I can handle those problems.”

Lee looked over at Chang, as she asked, “That I have no doubt of. And I take it that we will be wearing types of robes and flowing dresses, when we head over? And we will change into something you have here, before we get there?”

Chang answered, “Yes. I will have to change genders. And we will pack some clothing for type of styles during that period, for ladies of the court. Though, we will bring some clothing for our male genders, and bras for our female forms. I don't like using chest wrappings, and modern underwear, for either gender, is a must. Also, we will pack some casual wear, for when we are in our private quarters, or when we make quick trips to other parts of the multiverse.”

Lee replied, “That all sounds good.”

River commented, “We already bought some of the clothing you will need that are in your size. And there are skilled tailors, and cloth makers, in the kingdom that will make you clothing, as you need it.”

Lee said, “That sounds nice. And if we forget anything, we can just come back for it.”

Chang replied, “Exactly.”

Lee inquired, “So, what type of fabric will our clothing be using?”

Chang answered, “Mostly silk. Of course.”

Lee grinned, as she said, “I am liking this plan, more and more.”

Chang returned Lee's smile, as he calmly responded, “We thought you would.”

Chang, River and Lee continued to talk about their plans for a little while longer. When they finished, they headed to their apartment. When they reached the apartment, Chang sneezed into his female form. They changed clothing, and they then packed.

When they were ready, and after they had previously doubled checked what they had, against what they thought they would need, they pulled out three reality devices. One for each of them. Chang then used her reality device to teleport all three of them, and their luggage, to Chang and River's kingdom... Lee's new second home, in another reality...

To be continued.

up
55 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Very Original Chapter

A new twist or two. First of all, the first bikini party for Lee. Not only is she pregnant, she has to wear a bikini and brave the ones who have taken out their revenge on her. So, how did it go? All things considered, not too bad. She met one more who had a grudge against her, and then had a long talk with one of the Lagoon parents. Actually the meeting with Rock went over pretty well and they even ended up as friends. Then she met some other friends, but not hers, River's. Wash and Book, sounds more like some kind of laundry detergent advertisement than two friends. Anyway, she made friends with them and became more than intimate with two more guys. Strange things are happening with Lee. But it all works, or will work out, in the end. Next was to find a kingdom to rule, vacation in and spend the next 16 or 17 years in. Things will work out, just not the way those of us limited to one of the multiverses would assume. Inventiveness reigns supreme here. Great imagination, Paul, keep us on our toes. Thanks again.